Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Gods: Lands of Infinitron

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Every time I see sausages in your inventory - I think about them as some kind of lucky amulet, or something...

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 14 – Thyladenyar

This is the theme that plays in the Elven areas

Thyladenyar is a forest area with sculptures scattered about. There is a pavilion of sorts in the upper part.

QyDTM7r.jpg

6NVK0rT.jpg

PCMWS76.jpg

Past the statue, Vivien is approached by an Elven ranger.

GinxfCc.jpg

DTvGUZ7.jpg

DzKmnGR.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
We see that your cause is urgent from the look in your eyes. But tell us, please, what is your request? To where, and why, should we follow you?

AToJ2b0.png
My group of rangers has been ordered to scout the Northern Thyladenyar. There are some suspicions in the Lake City of Thelminadris that Malekh, leader of the Renegades stains these regions with his shadows.

AToJ2b0.png
My party was tracking their path when we heard a sound of fighting. We discovered that the Renegades had attacked Elandre’s Court, where we keep our gems and treasures.

AToJ2b0.png
Elandre’s court usually has no special protection, since no elf has ever stolen anything from it. My party took the defence of the Court, but we were outnumbered. I was sent out to bring reinforcements.

AToJ2b0.png
You must go with me and help us. Lille’Nae, daughter of Dael’Anuwar leads the party. If something happens to her…

3BBCUDa.png
Lille’Nae? Princess of Thelminadris?

AToJ2b0.png
Do not waste time. If you save the mistress Lille’Nae, Dael’Anuwar will reward you handsomely; but if you hesitate due to your cowardice, the shame will drown you forever!

3BBCUDa.png
There is no time for further words to be spoken. Let our feet and weapons act now. Ghail Illithien! Ghail Lille’nae!

You lovestruck moron.

AToJ2b0.png
Follow me!

The Ranger leads the group to the pavilion with the blue roof. There is already fighting going on.

AY09gfo.jpg

r6xuICW.jpg

zR7gajI.jpg

Three groups of renegade Elves need to be killed here. The Elves will use archers and mages in the back row which cannot be attacked in melee unless the first row is cleared.

QooZZZe.jpg

FUC4L8T.jpg

KOG2gus.jpg

mZ4oGt4.jpg

xrAG7st.jpg

The renegades dropped some useful magical rings for Vivien to wear.

WCupcLJ.jpg

YMWCH7V.jpg

There is an Elf here dual wielding scimitars like Drizzt. Again, it is unfortunate that Vivien cannot dual wield herself.

W7o61hr.jpg

w3i9Qxh.jpg

Lille’Nae is the Elf with bow and purple cloak.

AQydrJ0.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
Ve Quellan Illithien dhail Dean Aaswarenn. May the grace of Illithien protect your paths, Princess of Thelminadris.

QvZJDNT.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
I’d wish you were right, mistress…

UpXwiG3.png
But who is this brave young female? She looks like a human, but I sense something strange within her.

vOyLmhn.png
My name is Vivien, but my origin must remain hidden to you. I am honored that I can walk through your sacred woods.

UpXwiG3.png
Your presence here has proved to be useful, Vivien. I’ll reward you for your service when we return to Thelminadris. But first, we must complete our quest. We must trust Malekh to his base and discover his intentions.

7nLVCnc.jpg

UpXwiG3.png
That is quite a daring request for a stranger. No one from any other race has ever stopped into the Moon Temple of Illithien. If you have such an important quest, it would be proper to announce it to the Lord of Thelminadris.

UpXwiG3.png
I will assist you with this task when we are finished with Malekh.

vOyLmhn.png
All right. I’ll stay with you.

It is possible to go to Thelminadris first, but for now it is best to follow the princess.

QgeTXva.jpg

Lille’Nae joins Vivien’s group as an archer.

She has another recipe in her inventory along with some fire arrows.

MvRJJvz.jpg

Her weapons and armour are actually good enough and won’t need to be replaced. There are only four bows better than the Elven silver bow and they’re stupidly expensive.

z8ExuOR.jpg

There is also a trader here who sells magical trinkets. It is a good idea to buy appropriate rings for all party members while the money is there.

o9ZCFnR.jpg

JwpFkbM.jpg

mMYyqs6.jpg

Behind the pavilion is an enchantment crystal, but nothing too great.

qoafUOE.jpg

Moving away from the pavilion, the annoying ranger appears again.

yNLY62J.jpg

WfUcIFc.jpg

Following the weasel again however leads Vivien straight into a trap.

nfG6jAy.jpg

5KP8eiN.jpg

MLf7VdA.png
Aastrah! It’s a trap! I can sense them all around us!

Quenthanar got himself killed in this battle because enemy archers homed in on him with Triple Shot. There’s no defense against this beyond killing them quickly. There is a ‘Provoke’ ability however it only works on melee, not ranged enemies.

SRsrTQh.jpg

Lille’Nae is very useful as she can shoot down mages and archers lurking in the back row; moreover a critical hit from her bow does over 100 damage. Triple shot is overkill, Double shot is good enough to kill anything at this point. What's great is that due to her high Dexterity she will always be the first to act.

tEERSPd.jpg

After the battle a prisoner is interrogated; the dead Quenthanar manages to assist from beyond the grave.

vOyLmhn.png
Look, this one is still alive. Maybe we could use him to get the information on where the real Malekh’s base is.

UpXwiG3.png
You’re right, Vivien. Quenthanar, do you think you could use a bit of your sensibility skills?

MLf7VdA.png
Of course, mistress.

MLf7VdA.png
Ash Telah I’rion tha wael. Fiah ethar Malekh dolorion taes!

MLf7VdA.png
I think I know. The base must be in Northeastern Thyladenyar. Malekh’s mage built a magical protective wall to block the glen along the way. The access spell is Deinwah Faerenn.

MLf7VdA.png
Renegade elves also control wild beasts to protect their camp. We must be extra careful.

vOyLmhn.png
What will you do with this Renegade?

UpXwiG3.png
Elves do not execute elves. We have our methods. Quenthanar?

MLf7VdA.png
I’ll turn him into a tree. Thus he will have enough time to find his lost bond with nature again.

At any rate, Vivien resurrects Quenthanar with potion.

liljvaM.jpg

Not far from the ambush spot is a spell crystal.

6niGpeQ.jpg

HlkpsH4.jpg

gxBieI1.jpg

A bit farther is an Elven cuck under a tree. He lost his flute.

oOQgkMM.jpg

h7r8421.png
Ve Illithien Wean Aaswarenn! What shall I do? My power is lost!

UpXwiG3.png
An’uthar Felian! What happened to you, Sinian?

h7r8421.png
I lost my magical flute. While I was looking all around for it, I saw a group of Renegades picking it up! This hasn’t been the first time! The Renegades are always trying to steal our warding flutes, by which we control wild beasts.

h7r8421.png
They want to turn the beasts against us, and force us to kill the creatures that we love.

h7r8421.png
The forest is no longer as safe as it was before. Be careful, they can use the beasts against you. Please, if you find my flute, bring it back to me, and I’ll give you 250 gold coins as a reward.

Vivien will help him, but only once.

FkKjBBt.jpg

In Thyladenyar can also be found the Angelica plant needed to raise alchemy level.

fI0vUMm.jpg

After picking up the necessary amount of Angelica, it is time to leave the area.

The exit to Malekh’s lair is blocked by two Goron Matriarchs, very easy at this point.

ZXeekzi.jpg

WYd22wO.jpg

MLf7VdA.png
This must be the magical wall that protects the path to Malekh’s camp.

MLf7VdA.png
Einean me Theleas effiel!

MLf7VdA.png
The path should be open for us now.

fppbdQ5.jpg

AJKhs99.jpg

It is time to remove Malekh from premises.

jEMfQf9.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 15 – Darth Malekh

Malekh’s camp consists of a spiraling road to a small base. There are many ambushes along the way.

U75lX0U.jpg

gAv30r1.jpg

Enemies in the first ambush drop the magic flute of the Elven cuck.

Big4V8c.jpg

gCOEudf.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
We found it! This must be Malekh’s secret location.

3BBCUDa.png
Yes. But it’s well defended. This will be a tough fight.

UpXwiG3.png
Remember that Malekh is our priority. He cannot escape!

Vivien leaves the area once to return the magical flute.

OAk9DZf.jpg

In almost every battle here there are enemy archers and/or mages who home in on Quenthanar like flies on a turd. Fortunately Lille’Nae can pick them off quickly.

xjU29TS.jpg

TyBxfn2.jpg

Moreover, in this area is a convenient well that can heal and resurrect the entire group. Plus it has unlimited use.

fw05raN.jpg

p33cMvu.jpg

Vivien uses this well after Ervin falls.

WXTqtMq.jpg

tQ3equ8.jpg

Ee0geHB.jpg

A bit further some renegades are guarding something shiny under a tree.

U6rCsXY.jpg

D5zr9K6.jpg

The shattering arrows are actually p. useful.

1vdoOlz.jpg

RRssXbF.jpg

Before facing off with Malekh, Vivien returns to Odrona once for the alchemy fetch quests.

This is the last time Vivien will look for herbs.

oW97zpN.jpg

P50TLdT.jpg

Both the spearmint and comfrey can be found in the Elven areas.

1EXB5cQ.jpg

At any rate, after a couple more encounters with renegades Vivien reaches Malekh’s lair.

OZi7MF8.jpg

lamYzqg.jpg

ut3Vr3G.jpg

Killing all renegades here will isolate Malekh and make him surrender.

Kk2TCQB.jpg

ArQOCqR.jpg

Eh0HnyC.jpg

agckhq2.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Surrender Malekh. This is the end of your wicked journey.

cHFhDQJ.jpg

UpXwiG3.png
Yes, there will always be battles to fight. But it’s your choice as to which side you will fight on… and for what cause. That’s enough of your twisted words. They have no power anymore.

TyRRvQg.png
HaHaHa!! How wrong you are! You’ll see it. You caught me, but there are others who will complete my mission.

vOyLmhn.png
We’ll bring him to Thelminadris. It is not our decision to choose his destiny.

Now it is finally time to visit Thelminadris, the Elven capital.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 16 – Forge of Darkness

Thelminadris design seems Rivendell based.

AG5Zf40.jpg

sIVb9mD.jpg

ImgRjkt.jpg

In the outskirts of the city can be found the last spearmint Vivien needs for an alchemy quest, and another magic crystal.

4bbYycR.jpg

P0BDbzm.jpg

GFqbPNu.jpg

Vivien needed to find Dael’Anuwar or somesuch in the city.

5gM7YpE.jpg

Though Rivendell is known for its hospitality, most of Thelminadris’ inhabitants aren’t.

xvlHgye.jpg

6zNuThv.jpg

FBQldc9.jpg

FclKn3c.jpg

MHTyBue.gif

The Elf in the harbour is a merchant who buys everything, which can be useful.

wHX2JcH.jpg

BDBz7xj.jpg

Dael’Anuwar, Lille’Nae’s father, is underneath a pavilion.

4uIgGTm.jpg

7nKsqd4.jpg

3tynXM7.jpg

MLf7VdA.png
Ve Quellan Illithien faill Dolorion thaes.

AToJ2b0.png
Lille’Nae, the sunbeam of Thelminadris and Ervin, the Ivory blade. How glad I am to see you. Tell us quickly about your journey.

MLf7VdA.png
Illithien gaewen Qelnean waes. Our mission was succesful. We brought Malekh, the Renegade, to your justice. His camp was destroyed.

AToJ2b0.png
Malekh is defeated but we have news that his followers spread chaos in other parts of Shimandril. Our forests and glades are not safe yet.

AToJ2b0.png
Manduwin, our most gifted blacksmith, says he sees quick shadows moving around his forge. I have sent all our ranger parties across Shimandril to seek the Renegades, but we don’t have enough rangers.

AToJ2b0.png
I will be grateful if you go to Manduwin’s Forge and investigate Manduwin’s suspicions.

vOyLmhn.png
We’ll strike out as soon as we are ready, Dael’Anuwar!

3BBCUDa.png
There is one other thing. Please, let me introduce you to Vivien. We met her on our journey. She proved to be very brave and helpful. She’s not here in Thelminadris without reason.

AToJ2b0.png
We do not welcome human beings in Shimandril, but if you helped to save my child’s life, there are few ways to thank you. Please, take this powerful gold necklace as a reward for your service.

vOyLmhn.png
I’m grateful for your gift, Lord of the Elves. But more than anything else, I need your wisdom.

AToJ2b0.png
Hmm? You surprise me, indeed. Very well then, what kind of wisdom are you seeking?

vOyLmhn.png
Although I look like a human, I am not from their race. I come from a different sphere, the world beyond the one of your own. That sphere is in grave peril.

vOyLmhn.png
However bold it may sound, to save it I need to speak to your gods.

AToJ2b0.png
Hmm? You ask much for a stranger. Silver Forest is our most sacred place. It is a place of pure Elven spirit, a place where no being, other than Elves, has ever stepped before.

AToJ2b0.png
I must consult with the High Council. Go and help Ervin, Lille’Nae and Quenthanar with Manduwin’s troubles. You’ll receive my decision when you return.

Manduwin’s Forge at least is not far from Thelminadris.

OBxr08O.jpg

4UjUcem.jpg

There’s an Elven chick in Thelminadris who will buy alcohol and wine for more money than Slavingrad tavern keeper, which is a convenient way to raise gold if necessary.

FPEajKv.jpg

Bdzecpq.jpg

As Elves are the masters of magic, now Vivien can finally buy new spells/spellbooks and raise mage job level.

jl6UtDD.jpg

AkTk5zq.jpg

Vivien buys some new spells here that will be useful, like Summon Rock Golem and Heal Medium Wounds.

kvTqtNX.jpg

p9uTqdP.jpg

Vivien also raises her mage level.

T9T85hP.jpg

Yy7aUrO.jpg

Rd3pFt4.jpg

There’s also an Elf who sells bows and arrows. New bow for Lille’Nae is not necessary, but in particular fire arrows will be useful later.

WUNeYwL.jpg

v7pFmlJ.jpg

Now it’s off to Manduwin’s Forge.

KFPrB11.jpg

C7fJqHo.jpg

There are some bears and wolves in this area, but the only thing to do here is kill two groups of Renegade Elves.

7GnGvzd.jpg

J6pMvUX.jpg

649EZea.jpg

sEiDbYb.jpg

When all Renegades are dead, Vivien talks to Manduwin.

rQ1WRCc.jpg

SWlQ6Hq.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
…and with more than that. If we had lost Manduwin, all the elves would have lost a master smith who makes our most excellent weapons.

aoV1t16.png
As a reward, I’ll give you this precious sword. I believe it will be in good hands.

aoV1t16.png
If you need some equipment, feel free to visit me.

The sword Vivien receives is actually better than the bandit sabre.

QJXozPT.jpg

In Manduwin’s Forge can be bought the best armour and weapons, but it’s extremely expensive.

WrOneAO.jpg

JzFHewO.jpg

lGz1l2j.jpg

E5vsdTp.jpg

Full suit of Dragon/Majestic Plate + Sword of Light costs 79,028 gold in total. Vivien will want to buy this equipment though.

At any rate, reporting back to Dael’Anuwar.

09oc3xA.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
It was said to me that my request is a daring one, but I have to ask you: give me permission to visit your Moon Temple and speak to your goddess.

AToJ2b0.png
Hmmm… Illithien speaks only to the most noble and the purest of us. But…

AToJ2b0.png
The priestess of Illithien visited me yesterday. The Moon Goddess knew about you and your mission the moment you came into this world. I have no right to prevent you from entering the Moon Temple. This is an affair far beyond my right, or power.

AToJ2b0.png
The Moon Temple is situated in the Silver Forest, the most wonderful forest in all Shimandril.

AToJ2b0.png
Go to the temple and fulfill your destiny, Vivien the Stranger.

Now two new areas are marked on the world map.

g2jsfUA.jpg

mmbYLAv.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 17 – Unicorns

Before heading out, Vivien gets one final alchemy level up. There’s one more level but it is useless.

o0OC8ba.jpg

rpVpZxK.jpg

Vivien also takes time to level up her fighter job. Using the best equipment in the game requires Expert level.

V2EvTGj.jpg

Vivien spends some time trading alcohol and wine between Yurij the brewer and Thelminadris to buy some new spells. Fireball in particular will be useful later.

3N7gfJu.jpg

On the way to the Silver Forest is Unicorn Grove. This is purely an optional area, but there are some treasures here.

6dGz9hS.jpg

eTVoIV6.jpg

x0PvE22.jpg

There’s one Elven cuck here who offers a sidequest.

3y2JKbB.jpg

UpXwiG3.png
What happened here, Sinian?

AToJ2b0.png
The unicorns are restless and uneasy. They even attack us if we get too close to them. Even my songs can’t ease them.

UpXwiG3.png
Is there a way that we could help you?

AToJ2b0.png
If I had the silver harp, I might be more successful and ease them with music. But the harp lies in the main arbour, in the center of the grove.

b8xDkdQ.jpg

In this area the unicorns must be avoided at all costs. When locked into battle with them, the attack command is completely removed and it is only possible to run away (which costs XP).

wWvMBLp.jpg

The only reason Vivien is here, is for the crystals.

fiNAKI9.jpg

tbRtVdd.jpg

EVRvldR.jpg

vkbVz1P.jpg

VhPV9zX.jpg

At any rate, in the main arbour those annoying Renegade Elves are back.

tjiN6sM.jpg

AsRL9Ip.jpg

UpXwiG3.png
I should have known that it was a renegade trick! They’ve stolen the silver harp!

MLf7VdA.png
With the magical harp, they can control the beasts.

vOyLmhn.png
That’s why unicorns are so aggressive. The renegade elves have turned the beats again us. It seems that unicorns do not distinguish between us and the renegades. We are all elves to them.

vOyLmhn.png
We must get the silver harp back.

There is a new enemy here called Kordosh Giant. Nothing special however.

58I1Tvf.jpg

HNVWEPk.jpg

UpXwiG3.png
Surrender! Your Chief has been arrested. The Magical Harp you’ve stolen is not yours!

3BBCUDa.png
Beware! They are still dangerous!

vOyLmhn.png
We must get the harp back. Let’s fight!

This is the very last group of annoying renegades to squash.

a0Vr227.jpg

zPY1fFk.jpg

The renegades drop the silver harp, but there’s also another magic crystal around.

4cscjOr.jpg

After returning the harp to the cuck, it is time to move on to the Silver Forest.

Ta7afVH.jpg

AToJ2b0.png
I’ll try to ease the unicorns with the magic of the silver harp.

X37rlwu.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
How the crystal system work here? You put them in the weapons by yourself or blacksmith do this (it's expensive)?
Can you remove them from weapons? Does it destroy items or crystal itself?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Crystals are multiple use and smith is not needed. I think originally items were destructible, but it got cut along with other stuff like crafting, repair system, dual wield, thief/archer job. There's mention of them in the game but not used at all.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
dis game isnt very exciting isnt it :M

also for some reason the terribly resized portrait in the lower left always makes me laff

Baron Dupek

Arcane
just average rpg pre201x era
sitll rather play it than some blockbusters, like DA:I or Skyrim if I run into "nothing to play" wall

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 18 – Silver Forest

In the Silver Forest are no enemies, only priestesses. And mushrooms.

e0PSH1A.jpg

tPLjzjB.jpg

HPTCJ4g.jpg

The theme is also suitably majestic.

Vivien needs to make her way to the Temple, but the smaller pavilions may contain some magic crystals.

1OrYar3.jpg

0UjWaef.jpg

Grey, green, red and brown mushrooms are plenty in this forest, but Vivien will not pick them this time.

GmO45vQ.jpg

The little pavilions contain trinkets that may or may not be useful.

oE3pKIw.jpg

eJU6DGi.jpg

u67nljx.jpg

bJ2tKLo.jpg

The Moon Temple itself is across the bridge, Vivien approaches and communes with the second Goddess.

xaRKWWP.jpg

P2lRwKB.jpg

SdIjEGS.jpg

RTqqH46.jpg

g9xGMxO.jpg

adNJDtY.png
Take your power. Become more complete…

adNJDtY.png
As for the weapon you seek, things have turned out to be more complicated. A long time ago, the divine weapon called Dyodromax was disassembled into three pieces and given to three gods to guard them.

adNJDtY.png
The second part of Dyodromax was a crystal called Elcanior. It was given to my care. I used its power to create this magical Silver Forest. All its magic comes from Elcanior and without it, it shall fade away.

adNJDtY.png
I can’t give it to you… but…

adNJDtY.png
Yesterday at night, a star fell on earth. It was not an ordinary star. Actually, it was I who has brought it to this world. Its crystalline core is made of negoritis, the same crystalline substance as Elcanior.

adNJDtY.png
If you bring me the Heart of the Star, I’ll make another crystal for the Silver Forest, and Dyodromax will be yours.

adNJDtY.png
Negoritis is a rare and precious crystal. It will be the source of many magical artifacts my children will create. That’s why you won’t go alone. Friends from your party will accompany you.

vOyLmhn.png
Where should I look for this star?

adNJDtY.png
The star fell to the ground in the far North, in the lands called the Snow Kingdom. It is a desolate land ruled by frost. Only a few mortal creatures can survive in those conditions. You must prepare well for this journey.

adNJDtY.png
You’ll find a third Goddess in the Snow Kingdom. Crianis the Ice Queen resides in her Crystal Palace. Ask her for the rest of your divine essence and for the Hearts of Dyodromax.

9kqYTiR.jpg

ASwySuu.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 19 – Across the snows

In preparation Vivien buys some Fire Arrows for Lille’Nae and Necklace of Ice Protection for entire group.

B3MLNiW.jpg

y1ee34Z.jpg

Arriving at the Snow Lands, of course there’s another chump there to greet Vivien.

KkUOdZZ.jpg

vy9UD5C.jpg

WwfNMAT.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
Your presence here is also a mystery for us, unless you want to introduce yourself…

HxdlXpu.png
Ba Khara. I am Wolfgamaar, the son of Ramgadur, from the tribe of the Sabre Bear.

vOyLmhn.png
What are you doing here alone?

HxdlXpu.png
Ran Deor men vammars! I’m a dishonoured one. I was expelled from my tribe for dishonouring my own village.

HxdlXpu.png
I was responsible for guarding the Dragon Axe, a sacred symbol of my tribe. But it was stolen during my guard. Now I must wander around the world until I find the Dragon Axe, or regain my honour otherwise.

HxdlXpu.png
Now, you tell Wolfgamaar what brings you here.

UpXwiG3.png
I’m Lille’Nae, Princess of Thelminadris. We are in search of a fallen star that fell somewhere in these snowy plains.
vOyLmhn.png
And I am Vivien. I’m travelling to the Crystal Palace in the far North to meet Crianis, the Ice Queen.

HxdlXpu.png
Once, I tried to reach that far, but the Ice Queen protects her kingdom well and doesn’t let in anything or anyone that doesn’t belong there. There are hordes of Snow Trolls, white bears, ice golems and other creatures that you’ll encounter on your way.

vOyLmhn.png
But why do you wander through these desolate plains?

HxdlXpu.png
My tribe lives on the edge of the Realm of Snow and I think that it could have been Snow Trolls who stole the Dragon Axe. If you’re travelling to the Crystal Palace, you must go through the Snow Trolls territories. I think we’re on the same way.

HxdlXpu.png
I have even heard tales of a white dragon.

HxdlXpu.png
If I managed to kill the dragon and sanctify my axe with its blood, I could bring a new Dragon Axe to my tribe. Alone, I couldn’t get farther but if we join together…

HxdlXpu.png
I’m sure you could use blades of my double-axe against those creatures.

UpXwiG3.png
The Barbarian seems to have knowledge of this land. We might need it.

MLf7VdA.png
I insist on the privacy of our mission. We shouldn’t be joined by another stranger.

3BBCUDa.png
We could surely use his strength and weapon.

vOyLmhn.png
I think we’ll need you for our journey.

Actually, we don’t. Wolfgamaar has okay offense but his defense is pathetic. And it is impossible to change any of his equipment like with Boran & Co.

VQbS1lC.jpg

At any rate Wolfgamaar marks new areas on the world map.

dHew7YS.jpg

mllXWZC.jpg

ADYjoLh.jpg

The first snow area is vast but empty. There’s nothing to do here but to kill snow bears.

pwQEA7M.jpg

GZVw30J.jpg

There’s one particular spot in this area where a group of three snow bears spawns. This is a good spot to gain money and XP. Because now’s as good a time as any to buy the Dragon/Majestic Plate and Sword of Light.

HWOE0An.jpg

Neither Wolfgamaar nor Ervin can really survive in the front row against the bears. Lille’Nae using fire arrows though easily mows them down.

QhFE6AY.jpg

LjRoQmU.jpg

The battle is much more comfortable with the two mighty warriors twiddling their thumbs in the back row and a Rock Golem as tank in the front row.

ykl0HHa.jpg

Selling off the bear pelts, teeth and hearts to the tanner provides lots of gold. Then on the way back Vivien can buy alcohol/wine/beets/ honey/grain/corn/etc. and sell them in Thelminadris for even more profit.

With the money Vivien gets another mage level.

Sxynp9k.jpg

After some culling of local bear population and trading with the Elves Vivien is able to buy the Sword of Light – but to use it one must first raise fighter job level to Expert.

2CrB5rc.jpg

Mv0L0cv.jpg

cRfdoOc.jpg

Vivien also buys two new rings for herself and a new shield.

2RXSlsj.jpg

JqQRrrC.jpg

OqpJP7B.jpg

Sword of Light is best weapon in the game, so it is a good idea to enchant it.

Hnd4UXG.jpg

wMjDKBB.jpg

ciUcBNb.jpg

After more bear hunting and trading Vivien eventually buys a full set of Dragon armour.

vlI0ZXF.jpg

8qP99zM.jpg

Enchanting the dragon armour is a good idea as well.

9FZdytY.jpg

TN1Z2Bh.jpg

3YuNlPa.jpg

eA32SEk.jpg

YkFX0NT.jpg

Now Vivien is finally ready to look for the Heart of the Star.

YSNuRZ0.jpg

The meteor landed on the Northern Shore, but there’s only an empty crater.

zF3pXOs.jpg

ZFB6S85.jpg

A0BOoBA.jpg

UpXwiG3.png
But it’s… empty!

3BBCUDa.png
Snow Trolls! They must have stolen it.

HxdlXpu.png
If they stole it, they probably took it to their Altar of Frost. Their camp lies northwards.

There’s more to this area than the crater, in the very northern part is a magic crystal.

zSMau4N.jpg

aLOGlTA.jpg

wx91nr2.jpg

VzhV4Ee.jpg

All enemies in these regions are likely immune to Freeze. But it’s very annoying if it’s used on a party member.

KMMavWY.jpg

So now it’s off to the troll camp.

nKVQyNG.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 20 – Trolled

The Troll Camp is a big area with some optional stuff. Killing all the trolls is not necessary. The task here is to get to the Altar of Frost.

IZJhlX8.jpg

rVXiPRm.jpg

kpr5Ijj.jpg

fCy5892.jpg

There are some unavoidable battles with the trolls but they are easy to kill with fire arrows and fire spells.

ozjR2fF.jpg

8EZDqts.jpg

GVLp3Ud.jpg

omWzSgw.jpg

Near the Altar of Frost is an optional route through two stalagmite walls which leads to a crystal.

asO5Sbh.jpg

K0rDW9p.jpg

X0gbM4m.jpg

t8pgZnP.jpg

The Altar of Frost is heavily guarded but it is no problem (though of course Wolfgamaar got killed).

yorhOaZ.jpg

S517qgS.jpg

The Heart of the Star sits atop of the altar and needs to be dragged into inventory.

3XlWFjB.jpg

3qB1z60.jpg

South of the Altar of Frost is a tiny area with a magic crystal.

J37Eg0m.jpg

qiaLAet.jpg

Now all left to do for Vivien is visit the Crystal Palace.

CYfpFpt.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 21 – Ice Queen

This area is dominated by the rather big crystal palace. There are other areas around the palace, but it’s not needed to visit them; they only contain bears and trolls to kill.

mtaBGk6.jpg

n8knKi7.jpg

The palace itself is guarded by Ice golems and Crystal golems.

99aBKDy.jpg

4d3ume2.jpg

aFAxTSR.jpg

The task here is just to ascend the winding stairs while fighting the golem guards.

Yo2ZvQG.jpg

The Ice golem can be easily defeated by fire arrows/spells; against crystal golem only blunt weapons/arrows are really effective. The golems can cast Freeze spell though so are very dangerous. Especially Wolfgamaar goes down really quickly against them.

xWQOLx2.jpg

i5VaRNv.jpg

pjaRZRp.jpg

The final ascent is guarded by groups of golems, these battles are very annoying due to Freeze spam.

CsrGMDM.jpg

3lJd2Aa.jpg

Finally at the very top, Vivien meets the third goddess, the Snow Queen Crianis.

zT96Xaw.jpg

l4cpP0H.jpg

Q3V2gU9.jpg

adNJDtY.png
Your friends must be really tough if they got here. You must forgive my Snow Trolls for trying to kill you. They are my children, protecting my kingdom at my command.

adNJDtY.png
They don’t have many animals around, so when human flesh comes around… you must understand.

adNJDtY.png
It will be a bit harder for me to forgive you the destruction of my Crystal Golems. But you are the winner. And that proves that you are worthy. Now, I have no doubts in returning to you your divine essence. Take what is yours.

Now Vivien’s lost divine essence is complete.

adNJDtY.png
As for the third part of Dyodromax, it is hidden somewhere around. You must find it if you want it. Farewell, Vivien the stranger. And spare my children on your way home.

H3yXWsa.jpg

The part of Dyodromax is located on a slope behind the crystal palace.

dGBNdTb.jpg

0v74WCy.jpg

ShvJJeb.jpg

7rfZQpB.jpg

57NkVUF.jpg

Now all that’s left to do is to return to Illithien.

lAe734V.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom