Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Gods: Lands of Infinitron

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 4 – Sharkan’s Dale

BU6cYLD.jpg

EumgBgf.jpg

Sharkan’s Dale is a big area; the missing wife is in a small canyon.

There is also a new type of wolf here, way more powerful than the basic wolf.

08YNlFT.jpg

o69b7N1.jpg

fDCtiNR.jpg

gDeHgUz.jpg

yhmjoEt.jpg

lDTHzlP.png
Yes, I am Eurika. But I’m not going anywhere.

vOyLmhn.png
Why do you say that? Darovit is your husband. He surely grieves for you.

lDTHzlP.png
What? He’s never cared about me really. And… frankly, I haven’t cared about him either. I was forced to marry him. My parents managed the wedding, that’s our way here.

lDTHzlP.png
Girls have little choice when the promise is given between the families. I’ve loved Seorad since I was a little girl. He’s always been an outcast because of his strange powers.

lDTHzlP.png
No animal ever attacked him. But he had rebelled against our blind habits, and the people drove him away from the village. Now he lives in the wilderness. This is his hut. We are safe here… and happy.

vOyLmhn.png
I promised Darovit to bring you back. He offered gold coins to do so.

Yes, a measly 80 gold. Fuck that loser.

lDTHzlP.png
Just say you found my clothes torn to pieces, nothing more.

Might as well go along here. The mayor’s a major ass.

nRws8V2.jpg

Now to return to the cuckold Mayor.

o8ypG5Q.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
I’m sorry, but… we found only these clothes, torn to pieces. The monsters took her. Of that, there’s no doubt.

a4nKRtA.png
Ah! My beautiful Eurika… dead? What shall I do without her… This is too horrible to bear!

vOyLmhn.png
I am really sorry about this. I did my best.

vOyLmhn.png
I still need your help. Can you tell me about the Gods that are worshiped here?

a4nKRtA.png
Gods? There are no Gods! No God saved my beloved Eurika from this horrible death!

a4nKRtA.png
Alright. You tried to help me, so I’ll try to help you. People in my village worship Ladryande, the Goddess of Fertility. Unfortunately, they have had problems with her shrine for some time now.

a4nKRtA.png
If you want to know more, you must go and speak to Gorazd. I don’t care about such things anymore.

a4nKRtA.png
It’s a pity that you care about such trivial things as mages or gods. We have real problems here, and we could use a brave adventurer such as yourself, truly.

a4nKRtA.png
The Northern forests are no longer safe for anyone. Those forests provided us with both food and shelter for as long as I can remember.

a4nKRtA.png
For years, we lived in balance with nature. But a few weeks ago… animals started to attack everyone.

vOyLmhn.png
Do you know what, or who, is behind it all?

a4nKRtA.png
The word is that there is some mad Beastmaster controlling all the animals in the area.

a4nKRtA.png
Only the soldiers of Prince Volodimir can solve this problem and save our forest from all evil. Please, go on my behalf to Prince Volodimir and ask for help.

vOyLmhn.png
You can count on me, Darovit.

Gorazd, whom Darovit pointed Vivien to, is not far off.

wUbFZHx.jpg

Funnily enough, Gorazd has the exact same portrait as the Mayor.

HD2Mz8c.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Can you tell me about the Gods you worship here?

a4nKRtA.png
Why are you interested in our Gods?

vOyLmhn.png
Darovit told me that you’ve had some problems…

a4nKRtA.png
Yes, unfortunately, that is right. Our people worship Ladryande, Goddess of Fertility. She used to take care of us… never before have I experienced hunger or misery. But since…

vOyLmhn.png
What happened between you and your goddess?

a4nKRtA.png
We had a shrine in Raven Heights built for Ladryande. Every spring on Luvannar we used to have a big festival and ceremonies at the shrine, bringing food sacrifices to Ladryande from our first crop.

a4nKRtA.png
Moreover, our maidens used to go to the shrine every first day of the week to take care of the flowers and decorations in the temple.

a4nKRtA.png
But this spring, some horrible creatures settled in the Raven Heights and began to breed like mice. Our men tried to banish them but some of them have never returned. Now, more misery comes upon us.

a4nKRtA.png
No one dares to go to the shrine and Ladryande, I fear, has turned her sight away from us.

vOyLmhn.png
Strange… what if I told you that I need your Goddess as much as you?

hjlpgdB.jpg

a4nKRtA.png
You can’t go there alone, you silly girl. Oh Goddess, you will die!

vOyLmhn.png
Thanks for you concern. But I think I can take care of myself.

Raven Heights is now marked on the map and Vivien can go there alone, but might as well see Prince Volodimir first.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 5 – Cursed Forest

Back in Slavingrad, the guards will now let Vivien through.

AyEEM5e.jpg

W2umqUj.jpg

Inside the castle premises is Master Pribina, who can increase Vivien’s fighter level for a fee.

Vggh5xb.jpg

1Nwp6A2.jpg

aSe0v8z.jpg

9dqWSem.jpg

Vivien now finally meets the elusive Prince Volodimir, standing watch over his majestic capital.

WdFhkjs.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
I am Vivien. I am here on behalf of your subject, Mayor Darovit and his people.

MiuQQ1D.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
The North forests are no longer safe for anyone. Your people lived in balance with nature. But a few weeks ago… animals started to attack everyone…

o02RABj.png
Yes, I have heard of the problem with the Beastmaster in the Cursed Forest. Unfortunately, I have no soldiers right now to solve this problem.

vOyLmhn.png
But they are afraid, they need urgent help from you.

o02RABj.png
Don’t worry, Vivien, I am going to declare a reward for the hero, or heroine, willing to kill this mad Beastmaster. The reward is 500 gold coins.

vOyLmhn.png
That is a very interesting offer. I’ll take it!

o02RABj.png
You must be a very brave woman. If you have a map, I’ll show you where it is.

With Cursed Forest marked on the map, Vivien heads there first.

cGjF0PG.jpg

Entering the forest, Vivien espies a seemingly familiar face.

9nzrTch.jpg

gOCCIV9.jpg

FsAIzAG.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
What happened here? Who killed your friends?

3BBCUDa.png
Why should I tell you?? A human?! Get lost, or you’ll taste my wrath!

vOyLmhn.png
I can understand your sorrow… and anger. But it won’t help you. Nothing can bring them back. But if I could help you in any way…

3BBCUDa.png
Who can help me? Dhalien and Antharion were the Masters of Arrows. And they are dead. Now I’ll never accomplish my task. I can’t return to Thyladenyar with that failure… and shame.

vOyLmhn.png
A good warrior never gives up. Alone, it would be hard. But if I offer you my sword… you’ll have a better chance to change your destiny. Trust me… and you won’t regret it.

3BBCUDa.png
I wouldn’t speak to a human. But I can sense something strange within you. Something strong and mysterious. Who are you?

vOyLmhn.png
My name is Vivien, but I can’t tell you anything more about myself.

3BBCUDa.png
Very well then, Vivien. I’ll respect your silence on the matter. Maybe it is not an accident that our paths have crossed. I’ll tell you about my misery…

3BBCUDa.png
I was sent on a mission to find Malekh and his renegade Elves. But I never thought he could become so strong. He has gained some great power over the renegade Elves who have joined his evil path.

vOyLmhn.png
Who is Malekh, and these renegade Elves?

3BBCUDa.png
Malekh is the fallen one. He betrayed all our wisdom and values.

3BBCUDa.png
For hundreds of years, the elves lived in secrecy and safety within the Northern Forest, far away from all the cruelty and madness of the outer world.

3BBCUDa.png
But some of the elves got bored of the peaceful life. They became arrogant and took the path of war.

3BBCUDa.png
First they started to slaughter dangerous beasts who threatened us. But then they wanted to control other nations in the fairy forest of Thyladenyar.

3BBCUDa.png
And in the end… they killed those who refused obedience. They were punished and excommunicated from the Elven kin.

3BBCUDa.png
But they have sworn a cruel revenge. They became a wild and unpredictable force, terrorizing everything and everyone who crossed their path.

3BBCUDa.png
Bloodlust blinded their eyes. They feel passion when they kill and rule. My task was to find their main base and report it to the Elven Council. But I have failed…

vOyLmhn.png
If your words are true, then all people around the Cursed Forest are in peril. I’ll help you with your task. But it won’t be easy.

vOyLmhn.png
I have heard that strange things have happened there. I was sent to set these things right, and to kill the Beastmaster…

vOyLmhn.png
If you assist me, I’ll go with you and try to find the camp of the renegade Elves.

3BBCUDa.png
Your offer is generous. If there is some way to redress my failure, and to avenge the deaths of my friends, then I must try it! Let’s hesitate no more. We shall head to the Cursed Forest and find the Beastmaster. You give me new strength, Vivien.

Ervin comes with convenient recipe in his inventory and is an Apprentice in magic with some good spells. He shall be mostly used as caster behind Vivien.

xPeURF0.jpg

ybnFcKW.jpg

ktMVQzT.jpg

pI99C46.jpg

Iy19E1Z.jpg

BSA4Iw4.jpg

Drevin also comes with a squire’s sword that’s better than Vivien’s short sword. She’ll borrow it.

RYXhwnR.jpg

When Vivien and Ervin get close to a blue crystal of sorts, something unexpected happens.

5NiCqks.jpg

rhIrgrR.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
Do you see the blue crystals glowing with magic??? How is it possible? No one from the race of men can see these crystals! Who are you?... ehm… Where are you from?

vOyLmhn.png
I am from a distant realm… it is a long story… Tell me, what do the blue crystals do here?

3BBCUDa.png
It’s the first line of protection for the Elven Realm. They show the safe path to the Thyladenyar. In the past, this place was called the Maze Forest by men.

3BBCUDa.png
No one from the race of men can see these crystals. Without seeing them, they often go astray and become the quarry of the carnivores.

vOyLmhn.png
It sounds interesting. OK, let’s go find the Beastmaster!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 6 - Beastmaster

The Cursed Forest consists of a very long winding path that ultimately leads to a shrine of sorts, presumably the Beastmaster’s lair.

0wIFteg.jpg

IZpyKWT.jpg

One way to handle the encounters is put Drevin behind Vivien from where he’ll cast healing and barrier spell and the occasional Sun Beam.

However, if necessary he can move to the frontline.

BmU5tEx.jpg

4bu22TQ.jpg

qAHk77J.jpg

oRspdcJ.jpg

Aside from wolves in the forest there are also hillbilly like enemies who live in hobbit holes.

yi1WEW4.jpg

QcLZFKZ.jpg

gDkJgKG.jpg

At level 6 Vivien learns the new melee ability Stun, which is a bit of a gamble but might be useful.

tbLxbyj.jpg

zJyRNXW.jpg

In the open parts of the area are triceratops like enemies called Goron. They are easy to defeat as Stun works on them.

7O460Yj.jpg

9B5L6ML.jpg

oD7ELt2.jpg

Deeper in the forest are much tougher enemies called Drashawar Guards. They are annoying as they can inflict Stun.

2s7Zn87.jpg

KH4Sk2A.jpg

ZCxN9xE.jpg

In any case, the path through the forest seems never ending and after so many battles eventually Vivien is overloaded. This means an annoying backtrack to the tanner/city to sell off junk.

xn0UcaT.jpg

ktMYi43.jpg

With new money in her pocket Vivien buys chain helmet and full set of Assassin’s armour, a decent upgrade over leather.

IFvCSFJ.jpg

At7GAAx.jpg

After some more killing in the forest and another backtrack, Vivien buys Arial’s cloak which has some decent enchantments.

VGDp5qB.jpg

Hsaeiz8.jpg

gFiBcBp.jpg

NcIdnjv.jpg

sMxy7Y4.jpg

In the final area of the forest are bears but it’s not needed to deal with them immediately.

dlAHCNv.jpg

IZaV9SH.jpg

NYAqDZD.jpg

The Beastmaster shrine is guarded by two unique hillbillies. They hit hard and home in on Vivien, probably due to her D-cups.

U72b4MO.jpg

3J2vAkD.jpg

THhto6O.jpg

After defeating them the way to the Beastmaster’s lair is open.

i9ckWqY.jpg

ZJty8yA.jpg

nazQ0hX.jpg

cLWYNcS.jpg

Vivien confronts the Beastmaster, who’s basically just a slightly more powerful hillbilly.

4Okyr73.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Tell me one thing before I kill you and end this madness. Why are you doing this?

sQz3HPj.png
This is my forest! …for now… until Drashawar is strong enough to come to this world. And then He shall establish a powerful kingdom of raw animal power and neverending fight…

vOyLmhn.png
Drashawar? Who is he?

sQz3HPj.png
Drashawar is the God of the Wilderness and of all Predators. He gives the power to the strongest, allowing them to rule the weaker beings, and to feed upon their blood. He took me as his first chosen.

sQz3HPj.png
He gives me the visions… and power. Power to prepare a place for his arrival. When I train and breed the powerful predators, worthy of Drashawar’s sight, and sacrifice enough blood of the weak… He shall be born!

vOyLmhn.png
You should come to your senses, pervert. This forest belongs to the animals, as well as to the humans. If you want a fight, you’ll have it. Not only your beasts have claws. I have my blades.

sQz3HPj.png
Hahaha!... As you wish. May this fight please you, Drashawar! Feed on the soul of this fool! Let the madness begin.

Beastmaster comes with two bears, who are very susceptible to Ervin’s Sun Beam.

0vIdVoS.jpg

QMSiJJ1.jpg

Without his bears the Beastmaster is but a pussy.

ppft4Gh.jpg

In front of the Beastmaster’s altar is a Flame Arrow crystal, which can be used by Drevin. It is a p. powerful spell to have.

Sj5pMqO.jpg

gPZI8FN.jpg

NQh6GZN.jpg

Now backtracking through the forest all remaining enemies can be easily defeated. Vivien also learnt some new melee abilities by now, but nothing too great. Backstab seems useful to a dagger build but daggers are p. crappy weapons already.

Lp69XKe.jpg

The bears in the forest can be easily killed with flame arrow, and drop items that can be sold to the tanner for quite a good price.

roMzu8q.jpg

lTlboex.jpg

The bear hearts are the best item to sell to the tanner, but drop rather rarely.

t4S0d5X.jpg

The only issue still remaining is the matter with the Temple of Ladryande.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 7 – Raven Heights

Before reporting back to Volodimir, Vivien visits Raven Heights, the location of the Temple of Ladryande.

BgFpARD.jpg

4fH1pFG.jpg

In this area is plenty of thyme needed for the alchemist and a new enemy called Kordosh.

8KFhp0M.jpg

FWqlZCn.jpg

The eyes of the Kordosh fetch a decent price at the tanner’s.

mCRRDE0.jpg

5Mv1MQv.jpg

After collecting the 10 thyme it is time to confront whatever there is at the Temple.

G4DbGIE.jpg

7z70Ubf.jpg

Next to the temple is the Goron Matriarch, the root of Petrovce’s problems. She would be difficult to defeat had Vivien come here alone but now is very easy.

ydCR662.jpg

XDfcF0d.jpg

The Goron Matriarch can be stunned and Ervin’s flame arrow does tremendous damage.

sn5op8l.jpg

EZzhBR2.jpg

cTeOU62.jpg

As soon as the monster is dead, the Goddess Ladryande appears before Vivien.

KYYT6N5.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Help? How can a simple woman help a Goddess?

adNJDtY.png
You are not a simple woman, Vivien. I know everything about you. I see you with different eyes than what usual mortals do.

vOyLmhn.png
Why have you forsaken your people, and left them to starve?

adNJDtY.png
I’m the Goddess of Fertility. I can cause vegetation, plans, and trees to grow faster and to prosper. But my power in the physical sphere is limited. When these creatures infested my valley and my temple, I had to act. I used my ways.

adNJDtY.png
As you see, sometimes I have to depend on brave warriors like you. My people were not strong enough.

vOyLmhn.png
I am here because I need your help.

adNJDtY.png
I know. I have something that belongs to you. When you came to this world, your divine essence was divided among the deities of this world. Please, take this spark of divine essence. You’ll need it when your day comes.

vOyLmhn.png
Thank you, Goddess. Unfortunately, returning my essence was not the reason why I came.

adNJDtY.png
Hmm… You can’t imagine what kind of power you are fighting against. You’ll cause a great disaster if you destroy the death crystals. But many gods will be obligated to you for their life. Oh, you will see.

adNJDtY.png
But the wheels of destiny cannot be broken, and I must help you with this uneasy task. All the Gods of this sphere knew you would come one day.

adNJDtY.png
I can give you the first part of the counterweapon that you seek. For other parts, you must seek other Gods.

vOyLmhn.png
Wait. What did you mean by this great disaster that I will cause? How did all the Gods know I would come one day? Your words are a mystery to me.

adNJDtY.png
I can’t tell you more. I might change the thread of destiny if I did. Farewell, Vivien. Be strong in your quest. I would wish you good luck, but I know you’ll succeed. It all has already been written.

Vivien may have regained one third of her divine essence, it doesn’t affect any of her statistics at all.

YR7DTPw.jpg

3Fvr4FH.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Some of these lines gave me Planet Alcatraz vibes, no kidding.
Still better NPCs than average bioware game since ever

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 8 - Boran Inc.

After returning the thyme to Odrona and increasing in alchemy level, it is time to return to Volodimir.

OY0HJ7B.jpg

8VWJ7i5.jpg

HcjP4dy.jpg

Returning to Petrovce to inform Gorazd isn’t really worth it, since the reward is paltry.

OfU8xcA.jpg

lmPqcQr.jpg

Back in Slavingrad Vivien decides to raise fighter job level. It will allow her to use better equipment.

8ApKi26.jpg

tr7iZgc.jpg

ZvZ3qcy.jpg

Volodimir himself is very pleased. The 500 gold reward isn’t bad either.

uXcXjZ2.jpg

o02RABj.png
In any case, people from the North are much obliged to you. Here is your reward!

Vivien now takes time to buy some better equipment for Ervin. His breastplate cannot be removed so only strong leather legs, Arial’s cloak and Arial’s boots are bought.

eVp49RS.jpg

For herself Vivien buys Iron shield and passes the wooden shield on to Ervin.

j0bMTKg.jpg

r6maJdl.jpg

The rest of the many is used to gain another fighter level for herself and Ervin.

Dx74VFH.jpg

b74B1EJ.jpg

wez9L5a.jpg

PkhaPCG.jpg

Now it is time to talk to the adventurer blowhards at the tavern again.

8zDdMK6.jpg

Boran & Co will be impressed with Vivien now and indulge her.

c3pvXYl.jpg

Ay8uoL3.png
I see you bring a companion with you. It’s still not an army but we are not ordinary soldiers. If you still want to join us we are ready to march to Stakatan! Let’s go to find Mayor Zeman first. He hired us to do this task.

vOyLmhn.png
Let’s move!

So, off to the border it is.

j7pf1iA.jpg

Alwyra, Kazimir and Boran have p. powerful weapons and armour (which cannot be removed) and have powerful abilities, so it is a good idea to make use of this.

MITaM7S.jpg

1BomHEV.jpg

Kazimir even dual-wields, something Vivien unfortunately cannot do herself.

33IJKgr.jpg

At the border, a trick is pulled on the guards to get past.

bgdTd6B.jpg

M3v4PYc.jpg

4mMk4Jv.jpg

0dP6Ldx.png
We don’t need any armed vagabonds or bandits in our County. Go back where you came from!

OaUs5jK.png
We have Prince Bragorad’s signet. We can pass if we show it to the guards.

jWBJrMF.png
We should save our strength. Stakatan is full of well-armed soldiers.

Ay8uoL3.png
Forget about the signet. We’ll crush these guards and warm up before Stakatan!

Non combat solutions are fun. The guards move out of the way.

zOutTRi.jpg

kxXD4E5.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Where did you get Prince Bragorad’s signet?

OaUs5jK.png
We came upon two of Prince Bragorad’s soldiers a week ago as they were trying to rob a merchant. Well… it ended in bloodshed. This was their signet.

Across the border is a merchant who sells the praetorian armour which is a p. nice looking and useful armour to save for.

oOmVVOB.jpg

Right at the end of the border area is another Brian Fargo NPC, lusting for honey.

j6OvLUY.jpg

bbUqmgs.jpg

At any rate, before heading to Ladomyr now is a good time to hit the Spider Highlands.

h0xCyU4.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm fairly amazed that this gaem is turn-based, considering it was released at the time of 3D RTWP shovelware onslaught.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah I remember that "onslaught". It was time when I jumped from GBA to PSP, which was chockeful of tactical turn-based titles and watching this RTwP cesspool on PC.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 9 – Eight Legged Freaks

Spider Valley is a p. big and sinister area.

JBFjHA3.jpg

GGBrm0L.jpg

The hibiscus which Vivien needed to raise alchemy level is plentiful.

Since Alwyra has Triple Shot and both Kazimir and Boran have Grand Meelee, and all three hit p. hard any spiders around can be killed extremely quickly.

mH8M1Sb.jpg

lfbDyjk.jpg

sK5T9sT.jpg

The poison the spiders drop is not only needed to raise Vivien’s alchemy level, but sell for a p. hefty price too (but can only be sold to the ship captain in Slavingrad.

BaWtmgI.jpg

So Spider Valley is a good area to get some experience and gold for the road ahead.

G7np1me.jpg

DB8nJRk.jpg

There are also some other crystals scattered around that can be used for enchanting.

KNzhmnG.jpg

DuRPV8g.jpg

In Spider Valley are two Spider Queens, the only enemies who don’t respawn upon reentering the area.

YTvUvlL.jpg

Sm5n62B.jpg

With current party the Queens are very easy and drop a shitload of poison.

kAbP3Ex.jpg

Past one of the queens can be found the spider summon crystal. Spider summon is the second best summon in the game.

7FJiphR.jpg

u56v2PD.jpg

After returning once more to Odrona Vivien raises again in alchemy level.

zy9d2tK.jpg

3RUPBo1.jpg

Selling leftover spider poison Vivien upgrades fighter level to Artisan and buys full set of Praetorian armor, plus a Guardian shield.

wDeq0gA.jpg

a1LUWPa.jpg

lsaOgl7.jpg

After some more spider hunting Vivien eventually buys Knight Helmet and Bandit Sabre.

a1F7vYM.jpg

4nosfyb.jpg

453VgsT.jpg

With this equipment, Vivien won’t be needing anything new for a long time.

Now it is time to head across the border to Ladomyr.

lyERpRl.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Experience is divided by team number or everyone get same amount of XP no matter how big team is?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 10 - Borderlands

Arriving in Ladomyr, Vivien’s group is immediately accosted by corrupt guards.

2j3O6Tp.jpg

JFoPSNU.jpg

0dP6Ldx.png
Let it be, Darag. Everyone here must pay the toll. The more people that are here, the more gold we’ll get.

0dP6Ldx.png
Yeah. That’s right. You have to pay the toll. It would cost you… hmmm… let’s say 100 gold coins.

Of course Vivien is not going to pay.

VAUoZ9M.jpg

0dP6Ldx.png
Then we’ll take everything from you.

The guards think it’s a good idea to attack a heavily armed group that outnumbers them.

AnakvR1.jpg

hxfpkSQ.jpg

Ladomyr itself is a picturesque village with hard working peasants.

VJ15C5Y.jpg

iwj44jX.jpg

o2VetfT.jpg

bfWmvrU.jpg

Vivien needed to speak to the Mayor here.

F1poVKO.jpg

bYmzHJp.jpg

a4nKRtA.png
You have a great opportunity! A big part of Prince Bragorad’s army struck out for the Barbarian lands. Only a minimal garrison has been left to protect Stakatan.

a4nKRtA.png
Prince Bragorad is a coward, he must have stayed in Stakatan. Go to Stakatan.

Stakatan it is then.

YTmQOJv.jpg

Stakatan area is dominated by the huge fortress.

XPa61hD.jpg

sHNmTon.jpg

Basically what needs be done here is kill every hostile group of soldiers.

Vivien and her group are more than powerful enough to kill everything here. Unfortunately diplomacy is not an option.

qDPVGiY.jpg

H7Bfb7k.jpg

Olvlsgn.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
We need to talk to Bragorad.

0dP6Ldx.png
You wanted to say: Prince Bragorad!... He doesn’t have the time for the likes of you. He has some very important personal business to attend to.

vOyLmhn.png
Let’s just say that we also have some very important business. Open the gate!

0dP6Ldx.png
This is not your castle, vagabonds! That’s the difference! Get lost! You can speak to Prince Bragorad when he goes to the village. I warn you. One step towards the gate, and you’ll taste my steel.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dIT4XgZ.jpg

SA3WhRc.jpg

There are 4-5 more groups to kill before Vivien’s group is done with Stakatan.

NJsFISD.jpg

QscjsQ8.jpg

C2sUrYL.jpg

4EhcsfC.jpg

Eventually Vivien’s group find a soldier than can be reasoned with.

PYdZWCW.jpg

OaUs5jK.png
Where is Prince Bragorad? Tell us quickly!

Spudy… is an interesting name.

fwZxrAq.jpg

0dP6Ldx.png
If you spare my life, I’ll give you 100 gold coins. Here, take it.

OaUs5jK.png
What about the innocent people you have robbed or killed? Your crimes can’t be forgotten! Money won’t save you now.

0dP6Ldx.png
Not all of us were cruel to the people. You can’t judge me according to others. I fought in the Barbarian Wars.

jWBJrMF.png
Just let this coward go. Alone, he won’t cause much trouble.

OaUs5jK.png
Alone? I bet he’ll become a bandit! He doesn’t have many options. Kill him!

Ay8uoL3.png
He still might be an honest warrior. The country will need soldiers to protect it.

Fortunately for Spudy, Vivien is a bleeding heart.

FQ6raBc.jpg

At any rate, in the castle are also a couple of civilians that can be rescued.

mXe8Yyn.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
You are free now. Go back to your family. They grieve for you so much.

8HPd4YT.jpg

7hMbdqK.jpg

The rescued civilians (along with Spudy) will actively trudge out of the Stakatan area, which is neat I guess.

rKLPZ4w.jpg

After all hostiles are killed in Stakatan, it is time to report back to the Mayor.

Back in Ladomyr, the Mayor has some new tasks.

UMHPGmd.jpg

a4nKRtA.png
We wonder how it all ended. Tell us quickly. What happened to Prince Bragorad?

OaUs5jK.png
We saved all the civilians that we could. But Prince Bragorad’s soldiers were tough. We had to slay them all.

Well, except for Spudy.

OaUs5jK.png
Unfortunately, Prince Bragorad escaped. But now he has no army to spread terror among you. He is helpless.

a4nKRtA.png
There is no way to thank you for your deed. We are all indebted to you. You saved us from the terror we have borne for years. Here is the reward that we promised to you.

OaUs5jK.png
Thanks. That’s what we do.

OaUs5jK.png
I think you should send a courier to Slavingrad. Your county has no ruler and is now unprotected. I think Prince Volodimir will come here sooner or later. But the county cannot stay unprotected for too long.

a4nKRtA.png
Indeed. We heard some rumors about some Barbarians making trouble in the east. Duran, our lumberjack, and his family live in the border forests that divide us from the Barbarian lands.

a4nKRtA.png
He hasn’t appeared in Ladomyr for a long time. I wonder if anything bad has happened to him.

a4nKRtA.png
Could you go to his hut and check on the situation? If the Barbarians are up to something, we should be aware of it. Look at the map. I can show you where it is…

vOyLmhn.png
I’ll go to the lumberjack’s hut and check to see if everything is in order.

sFWJt3U.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Don't know why game remind me mix of Morrowind (Viven's name do this) and Wizardry8 (wandering groups of enemies).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 11 – Invasion

The lumberjack’s dwelling is situated on a central hill with some good defenses.

ah34uMM.jpg

uDFPupL.jpg

These defenses however didn’t seem to be enough. The lumberjack was invaded and there are still barbarians prowling around.

v9CHhA0.jpg

JSodhbm.jpg

SzP21pf.jpg

Somehow the lumberjack survived.

eJBx1nK.jpg

NVjLWFD.jpg

BpwLgH2.jpg

bbAugX3.png
Uhm…my wife is dead, and my children are gone! I was too weak to protect them!

vOyLmhn.png
Please calm down and tell us what happened here. We must report it to Mayor Zeman.

bbAugX3.png
I saw their shadows, sneaking among the trees many times before they attacked. I had reported it to Prince Bragorad’s guards…eh! Argh!...

bbAugX3.png
Prince Bragorad sent out a big battalion of soldiers. But they did not return. I think they fell into a trap. Then the barbarians attacked.

bbAugX3.png
There were many of them. A whole, fully-armed horde… argh…

bbAugX3.png
You must warn Stakatan. They are our only hope!...grgh…

Reporting back to the Mayor, Vivien will somehow need to deal with this invasion.

kDfnhy5.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
How do you know about the invasion? I just returned from the lumberjack’s home. He’s dead, and his hut lies in ruins. You were right. They were Barbarians!

a4nKRtA.png
Barbarians attacked Stakatan! Yuran just brought the news. Only a few men from the battalion that Prince Bragorad sent against the Barbarians have returned. Now, they are trying to hold Stakatan.

a4nKRtA.png
But they have no chance to withstand such a force of Barbarians. You must go and thelp them, else we are all doomed.

Heading to Stakatan however, it will already be too late.

Ecu6h9D.jpg

aNmT1Gd.jpg

PO247AF.jpg

yDxSXEy.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
My name is not your concern. What matters is that I fight under the Slawonian banner! We’ll help the Slawonian soldiers to defend Stakatan. Taste my blade!

NVt0FNr.png
HaHaHa! To help whom? The Slawonian soldiers are already dead! We slaughtered all that opposed us. You’ve just missed the battle, young one. The fortress is ours! By rule of the strongest!

vOyLmhn.png
I don’t believe you. I’ll fight through your forces to Stakatan. Then, we shall send you to the…

Despite Vivien’s uncharacteristic bloodlust, Boran will object.

OaUs5jK.png
Don’t hurry, Vivien, we can’t win this battle! We are highly outnumbered! We can do nothing but retreat and inform Mayor Zeman. Otherwise, we all shall die.

Ay8uoL3.png
Yes, Boran, you are right. We should run away from here and find some reinforcements. Vivien, we have nochance against this horde.

vOyLmhn.png
I am afraid you are right. We must retreat and find some reinforcements! Let’s go back to Mayor Zeman.

Back at Ladomyr, there is no option but to enlist the help of Prince Volodimir.

UrFQoU8.jpg

a4nKRtA.png
We are lost without Prince Volodimir’s help. You must go quickly to Slavingrad and ask Prince Volodimir for help. We’ve already sent our courier and he went alone. He might not have reached Slavingrad.

a4nKRtA.png
I must summon the council and decide whether to arm every man in the village and defend our homes, or to evacuate people to the hills.

a4nKRtA.png
Now, go quickly!

Fortunately, Vivien and Volodimir are already acquainted.

12Dw2vF.jpg

o02RABj.png
Calm down, young one. You underestimate my information sources. I know about the invasion. I’ve already sent two thirds of my army to capture Stakatan back.

o02RABj.png
Barbarians are nothing but a chaotic horde of fighters. They have no idea about modern battle tactics. We are better equipped and organized. Don’t worry. We will restore the defenses of Slawonia.

o02RABj.png
But I have a task for you! You have proven to be trustworthy. I need to have you deliver new commands for General Palislav V., who leads our army. By the time you reach him, he should already be in Stakatan.

vOyLmhn.png
I’ll deliver the commands. You can rely on me!

Back at Stakatan, indeed the barbarians are already crushed.

sb1bWHk.jpg

gzXiSXa.jpg

Despite being an important man, Palislav has a generic guard avatar.

IW8Mgqh.jpg

9gBLvyo.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
I carry these commands from Prince Volodimir. Here is the parchment with his signet.

lxo62Wh.png
Strange that Prince Volodimir has entrusted these commands to someone like you. But if he trusts you, I’ll do the same.

lxo62Wh.png
You are not a regularly paid soldier. So here is your reward.

lxo62Wh.png
Do you need anything else from me?

vOyLmhn.png
Can you tell me how things are going in Stakatan?

lxo62Wh.png
We caught the barbarians as they were plundering the settlements around Stakatan. They were unprepared, and therefore unable to react.

lxo62Wh.png
Half of our army captures weakly protected Stakatan, the other half chased the rest of the barbarians back to the border lands.

lxo62Wh.png
But one unfortunate thing happened. Prince Volodimir will not be very satisfied. Some barbarians stole the royal scepter from Stakatan.

lxo62Wh.png
They royal scepter is one of the three hereditary regalia which are the symbols of power in Slawonia. If it is lost, a civil war might easily break out.

vOyLmhn.png
Can I be of any help?

lxo62Wh.png
I sent a unit of soldiers to pursue the Barbarians, but they have orders not to proceed into the Barbarian lands. The unit would be an easy target for Barbarians in the open territories. But if someone such as you would pursue them… you could move much faster, and be much more invisible.

lxo62Wh.png
If you are successful, Prince Volodimir would reward you well for service of such importance.

vOyLmhn.png
I’ll do everything I can to bring the scepter back.

lxo62Wh.png
The Barbarians will attempt to escape through Garwolin Slip. If you move quickly, you can catch them there.

Off to Garwolin Slip it is, then.

q8nRHWL.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 12 – Barbarian Queen

Arriving at Garwolin Slip, Ervin will immediately take notice of something.

oFC5k3g.jpg

Ay8uoL3.png
We must catch him before he escapes… hurry up!

ardBb5M.jpg

RwaXdnK.jpg

The barbarian is easy to catch but there’s a surprise.

gJJ5lJu.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Surrender! You are alone! The Sceptre of Slawonia you’ve stolen is not worth your life. What would such a primitive like you do with it?

NVt0FNr.png
My wife needs something for crushing walnuts. I think this would suit her, heheheh!

vOyLmhn.png
It doesn’t belong in your dirty hands!

NVt0FNr.png
My hands will be dirty from your blood, heheheh!

vOyLmhn.png
Then it’s decided. Prepare to die!

NVt0FNr.png
Not so fast, darling. I’ve got a surprise for you. Friends!

Very unsurprisingly, Vivien and her group blundered into an ambush.

5wKQX0V.jpg

AiQhpzU.jpg

Ay8uoL3.png
There’s too many of them. We have no chance to break through.

jWBJrMF.png
I should have listened to my mother and run a tavern of my own.

OaUs5jK.png
Well, it’s over. There you see. You kill hard all your life, and in the end you can’t even spend your pension.

NVt0FNr.png
We’ve lost Stakatan, but we’ve got our plunder – a golden scepter and a few noble slaves, heheheh. Drop your weapons, armour and everything you possess! It’s all ours now.

NVt0FNr.png
Say good night! Baaaang!

Vivien is knocked out… and awakens in a cell with Ervin.

ul0HRcP.jpg

vaTCskW.jpg

Somehow the barbarians did not remove Vivien’s equipment… with good reason as soon will become apparent.

zeABHsB.jpg

A lone barbarian appears to talk to.

kFDRhkw.jpg

NVt0FNr.png
Hah, you’re finally awake. Head hurts a little bit, huh? If you wanted I could give you a massage, heh. We could play together a while. What do you say, honey?

vOyLmhn.png
I would play with your teeth if these bars were not between us!

NVt0FNr.png
Hey, calm your passion, darling. And spare your energy for battle.

vOyLmhn.png
What battle?

NVt0FNr.png
You fought bravely at Stakatan and we value good warriors. You want to be free, don’t you? You can fight for freedom in the Steffene Arena. We like entertainment, heh. Especially when a lot of blood is shed, hehehehhh!

vOyLmhn.png
What arena do you mean?

NVt0FNr.png
If you defeat all our champions, you’ll regain your freedom, heh. But it won’t be easy for you. There are eight rounds that you must win gradually. If you lose a round, you must repeat it again and again. So how about it? Are you interested?

vOyLmhn.png
What about my friends?

NVt0FNr.png
Your Elf fella can fight, too.

vOyLmhn.png
What about the others?

NVt0FNr.png
There are just two of you in our camp. The other warriors with that Amazon tricked us and managed to escape. But our men are on their track.

vOyLmhn.png
Alright then. I’ll fight for my freedom in the arena. If only you were among my opponents, we could play together as you have desired.

NVt0FNr.png
Stop talking and let me introduce my cousin, the Barbarian Utrezen! Welcome to the Steffene Arena!

The first four arena rounds are just against Barbarians; after four rounds more exotic opponents are encountered.

m6hKAVa.jpg

90AJt0R.jpg

ljOcZqv.jpg

mTvaGNn.jpg

llceLaq.jpg

daNttES.jpg

qNE7GVV.jpg

Each Orc attacks twice and hits p. hard; they can however be tricked by summoning a spider to play the tank. Stun also works.

jeg6eT1.jpg

8V81NEI.jpg

Next round are Minotaurs; however they are weaker than the Orcs.

9wrNKri.jpg

IHFCRZu.jpg

Next round is a golem; it is nearly immune to all magic and blunt weapons work best; luckily most swords in the game do 20% blunt damage and 80% piercing damage.

crxvn3Q.jpg

bwLh8gT.jpg

Next-to-last round is another Orc who dual-wields… he can be stunned so is easy.

UWuvibU.jpg

9f7Q8Oc.jpg

Final round is the arena boss… he has a lot of hp (which disappears quickly with Grand Meelee) who can be stunned.

c0MXiwn.jpg

XrpUJZ3.jpg

CtIdn1t.jpg

After winning the arena Vivien and Ervin are freed… and even the Sceptre of Slawonia is returned.

tv0mZjT.jpg

J8pijAM.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Let’s take the Sceptre to Palislav V. in Stakatan.

At this point Ervin will add another main quest.

3BBCUDa.png
I must remind you of your promise, Vivien. I’ve spent too much time in the land of men. We must go to the North and find the base of the Renegade Elves before it’s too late.

vOyLmhn.png
I need to do some preparations first and return the Sceptre to Palislav V. I promise we’ll travel to the Northern Forests as soon as we are ready.

hkVNvDo.jpg

Reporting back, obviously Palislav is quite pleased.

oq0RWq0.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
No problem. It was easy to get the Sceptre away from those dirty barbarian hands.

lxo62Wh.png
Hmm, you talk like a real hero… Do you want to join my army?

vOyLmhn.png
No, thanks. We are going to the North… far, far North to the Elven Realm…

lxo62Wh.png
As you wish. But don’t forget to take your reward from Prince Volodimir.

Indeed Volodimir will richly reward Vivien with a full suit of armour.

2JmaVy8.jpg

vOyLmhn.png
Thank you very much. This tunic looks very nice!

Dket7Ec.jpg

AovG7S7.jpg

gixsxzf.jpg

The royal tunic might actually be good enough to last until the end of the game.

Now with leftover money Vivien buys some weapon crystals. Conveniently the bandit sabre has three enchanting slots.

yi63GvZ.jpg

pCy4dhN.jpg

CYXdlqo.jpg

f5Y118o.jpg

Vivien also bought the “Merge Crystals” recipe because it sounded interesting… however turns out there are never three identical crystals to be had in the game. So basically useless.

BRApvr8.jpg

7o1x40C.jpg

At any rate, now it is time for Vivien to head to the Elven Realm. First stop: Cursed Forest.

5oIPkJb.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Don’t hurry, Vivien, we can’t win this battle!

Boran indeed.

You are not a regularly paid soldier. So here is your reward.

Ah, the classic RPG school of worldbuilding where people walk around with their pockets full of gold, just in case they have to pay an enterprising adventurer.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 13 – Elven Realm

Like the first time Vivien had entered the Cursed Forest, she is accosted by an Elf. This time an Elven mage.

eKB56BG.jpg

ACaojV5.jpg

Ervin and the mage are acquainted.

ia1iFD8.jpg

MLf7VdA.png
I came. I searched. I know everything. I saw everything.

3BBCUDa.png
Then, there is nothing to explain. Where are Atharion and Dhalien?

MLf7VdA.png
They are at home. I used my portals to transport their bodies.

3BBCUDa.png
But you are still here…

MLf7VdA.png
I could sense the presence of the Renegades. I followed them.

3BBCUDa.png
Are the Renegades around?

MLf7VdA.png
They are heading to Thyladenyar. They should be at the bridge by this time.

3BBCUDa.png
Then why are you staying here?

MLf7VdA.png
They are leaving scouts to cover their march. Saehar duwiel – Silent bows. I would end up like Atharion and Dhalien if I pursued them further. I decided to wait for you. I can sense their presence but I need the battle support.

3BBCUDa.png
You have our blades. Let’s go.

MLf7VdA.png
Wait. Who is the female?

vOyLmhn.png
My name is Vivien. I came to your realm because I need your help. I am on a supremely important mission. I have questions, and I need answers.

vOyLmhn.png
What Gods are worshiped in the lands of the Elves?

MLf7VdA.png
My people worship Illithien, the Moon Goddess. She’s the Mother of all Elves. She created us and taught us all magic, and the crafts and arts that we can do.

vOyLmhn.png
I must speak to your goddess.

MLf7VdA.png
The temple of Illithien is our most sacred place. No one from any other race has ever stepped into it. I can’t help you with that. Only Dael’Anuwar, our lord, could grant you permission to enter the Moon Temple of Illithien.

vOyLmhn.png
Then you must take me to your lord.

3BBCUDa.png
We can take you to Thelminadris, our lake city, but not before we are finished with the Renegades. If they are marching to Thyladenyar, they are planning something big. We must not lose time!

Quenthanar is a mage who comes with two convenient alchemy recipes: strong mana potion and greater mana potion.

M4wK5xs.jpg

z4K3rSC.jpg

The spells contained in his spellbook are the following: giant spider, blade dance, bless and drain life.

ZM2ODjA.jpg

Since Quenthanar is a much better mage than Ervin, it is not unwise to switch Flame Arrow between the two.

RhES3yB.jpg

Vivien’s task now is to reach the Elven bridge located past the shrine where the Beastmaster was killed much earlier.

pCgZA7c.jpg

Before the Elven bridge is another crystal.

ES3NCmx.jpg

Xivsz2e.jpg

It’s p. useful so Vivien adds it to her sword.

aIETqBp.jpg

Approaching the bridge Quenthanar will start talking.

NoVMr5d.jpg

MLf7VdA.png
Einean me Theleas effiel!

MLf7VdA.png
The path is open for us now.

However across the bridge Vivien’s group is accosted by Elven guards led by a female.

H1V08wN.jpg

pBTRl44.jpg

3BBCUDa.png
Atharion and Dhalien… are dead. Their flame is lost.

XHYOUdx.png
What?! They are what?!...it can’t be. How could you let this happen?!!!

MLf7VdA.png
Breathe An’aria! Calm.

MLf7VdA.png
He couldn’t do anything about it.

3BBCUDa.png
We were ambushed. You know how silent a lurking elf ranger can be. They had no chance. It was a miracle that I have survived… only because I heard a squirrel and stayed behind.

3BBCUDa.png
Antharion and Dhalien are lost. But we must catch those who are responsible for their deaths. The Renegades ceased to play. They started to kill. It’s no longer about pride or punishment. We must stop them or more Elves will die!

XHYOUdx.png
Then why are you returning back to Thyladenyar?! How can you face the Council with your failure? We know that Malekh is now in the land of men.

3BBCUDa.png
Malekh and his Renegades crossed the bridge. They are heading to Thyladenyar.

XHYOUdx.png
It’s impossible! No one can cross the bridge without us having noticed him.

MLf7VdA.png
Ervin is right. I feel their track. They passed only a few hours before us. But Malekh was not with them. He has already been operating in Thyladenyar for some days.

XHYOUdx.png
We didn’t expect he would dare return so soon. He has still too few men to attack us.

3BBCUDa.png
To attack? No. He is not strong enough yet. But he can cause many disasters in the land.

XHYOUdx.png
Impossible. We must warn the Council.

3BBCUDa.png
You’ll send a courier to the Council, and protect the bridge. We will follow the Renegades. We must not lose time.

XHYOUdx.png
Dhain Ill’thien Aaswarenn! May the Goddess protect us!

In any case, Vivien can now enter the Elven lands.

s2vFXrY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom