Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics (Update 10)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, the difficulty is kind of bullshit. There's an easier version of the patch somewhere, though.

lightbane

Arcane
Well, that's how apparently the patch works: It removes all of that unbalanced stuff you can get and instead give it to the enemy. I'm eager to see how nerfed the special characters have become (I'm sure Thunder God Cid will become Crippled Useless Old Man Cid).

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I don't think they were. In fact, if I recall, Meliadoul can do damage with her divine sword abilities even if the enemy has no equipment (i.e. monster). I think anyway.

That might be with War of the Lions only tho anyway, I'm not sure.
However, I know that the Chaos Blade knight sword was scaled down in damage a shitload.

betamin

Learned
Im thinking about an easytype playthrough, will I have to grind much?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Meliadoul always had that ability. It was basic knight break skills that sucked balls and couldn't hit monsters, since they don't do actual damage, just the item break effect.

On easytype: You'll only have to grind if you do something retarded like turn your whole team into archers and have to take some time out to level up some other skills. With a decently balanced team (Strong armor user, an offensive mage, a healing mage, a high movement melee char) you can easily get through the game just going from story battle to story battle. You'll definitely have to reload a few times for some of the harder fights, particularly NPC saving ones. But it's perfectly viable. People have been doing challenge playthroughs for years finishing the game with either Ramza alone or with just 2 characters, or all 5 characters but of a single class, and the rules stipulate level caps so they aren't winning them by grinding. If you can win the game with 5 normal levelled thieves, you can certainly do it without grinding.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I did the 5 characters of all the same class years ago, when the first game came out. Funny enough, it was on my first playthrough, and they were all knights.

betamin

Learned
DamnedRegistrations said:
Meliadoul always had that ability. It was basic knight break skills that sucked balls and couldn't hit monsters, since they don't do actual damage, just the item break effect.

On easytype: You'll only have to grind if you do something retarded like turn your whole team into archers and have to take some time out to level up some other skills. With a decently balanced team (Strong armor user, an offensive mage, a healing mage, a high movement melee char) you can easily get through the game just going from story battle to story battle. You'll definitely have to reload a few times for some of the harder fights, particularly NPC saving ones. But it's perfectly viable. People have been doing challenge playthroughs for years finishing the game with either Ramza alone or with just 2 characters, or all 5 characters but of a single class, and the rules stipulate level caps so they aren't winning them by grinding. If you can win the game with 5 normal levelled thieves, you can certainly do it without grinding.

LOL, I went into the game without even checking the tutorial and did some retarded things alright, I got stuck in a loop twice against milloda in the 4th or 5th fight where I couldn't damage her faster than she regenerated so I had to grind a bit, my party was a thief, black mage, white mage, monk ramza and a bomb that I got in a random encounter (thank god because up to that point all battles were 4 characters only and I didn't have a leveled 5th). Luckily I won and now I'm stuck against Wiegraf, fucking thing is really addictive. Not really what I needed in my exam week.

Are knights good now? I remember they weren't that good in vanilla when I played it a year ago.

Major_Blackhart said:
I did the 5 characters of all the same class years ago, when the first game came out. Funny enough, it was on my first playthrough, and they were all knights.

One random encounter pitches you againsy an all-monk party. It's actually pretty hard (can't break their weapons / armor, they have the ranged ki-wave attack, that heal skill...).

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The real hard part about that fight is that there's 11 of the fuckers. And since they're all the same class with more or less the same level and gear, their speeds are the same for the most part. Not easy keeping party members alive when the enemy attacks with 8 units in a row before you can move again.

I don't know how good the knights are, haven't played the patch myself. They used to suffer a lot since shields had shitty evade bonuses early on anyways (Why do game designers never seem to realize that evading 40% of 200 damage is 16 times better than 10% of 50 damage, not 30% better or four times as good? Shit that scales with level naturally shouldn't start off piss weak. Evading 8% of attacks is even less important for a low level character than a high level one) and armor tended to only have slightly better hp values than clothing, while clothes also had all sorts of nice side effects like elemental resistances or stat bonuses. Ditto for hats vs helms. And any squire or geomancer can use the same swords anyways, which aren't really any better than spears or ninja swords or whatever. If armor is actually worth wearing now, they might be worth a look. Other stuff factors in too: move and jump ability is important until everyone has some overpowered bullshit like teleport or move + 2. If you're going to use them temporarily than switch to something else, do you need job levels as a prerequisite? Are you going to want to use their skillset as a secondary, or any of their passives?

Elzair said:
How viable is it to ignore random encounters? I hate grinding.

Well, in vanilla random encounters scale with you, so you'll want to avoid grinding because otherwise it's hell to move around. A few random battles here and there should be enough for you to keep up with the enemy levels in story battles. Not sure if they changed that in the hard modo mod.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No suicide yet. I got incredibly frustrated doing the last update to the point where I couldn't force myself to do the next battles. Actually I think I did the next battle and then stopped.

And then my desktop's power supply died. And then summer classes.

I don't know if I'll update this again or not at this point.

Kill Do

Educated
i am confused. is this an rpg maker xp project of yours ? The Final Fantasy Tactics i heqard about was 20 gigabytes in size and had great graphics and wasn like an mmo.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Look what you assholes have done.

Hi,

My name is John Frinking and I'm a SEO blogger. I have a reasonable
amount of experience and have written a few of informative and helpful
posts. You can see some examples of me on www.mafillia.com/blogs

I came across this page http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-final-fantasy-tactics-update-10.58101/page-3
which says you accept guest posts and I would like to submit one for your
consideration.

I will write a high quality article that is-

- 100% original
- Well written
- SEO/Link building orientated
- Relevant to your audience
- Exclusive to you

The article can if your wish also include internal links to related
articles across your site to help keep your readers engaged with other content
on your blog.

All I ask in return is a dofollow link or two in the article body
that will be relevant to your audience and the article.

Please let me know if your interested and I will send over a articles
unless there is a particular topic you would like me to cover on your behalf?

Kind Regards,

John Frinking

www.mafillia.com/blogs

Xor

Arcane
....The fuck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom