Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Fallout

According to the wiki Mr. Pussy could've been the last known living cat in America. That's history right there.

dragonfk

Erudite
Droog White Smile said:
FeelTheRads said:
Wasteland Stranger: That hole? Don’t know much about it, and I’m not interested in poking around down there. I’ve spend enough of my life underground…

Hmm… what does he mean? He’s from a vault maybe? This guy sure smells fishy. I bet he’ll be some important character later on.
The Wasteland Stranger is the Vault Dweller from FO1.

thread twist

Pliskin

Arbiter
083.jpg

Mr. Pussy! NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the only proper reaction to this thread. I'm forcing it though, for the sake of great justice. You know there's decline when people don't even rage at the last bastion of value and truth : role playing games, obviously

Sinestris

Novice
I would find the people who made this game and beat them about the head with a giant frozen tuna... but I think someone beat me to it and that's why this game sucks so hard.

Mr. Pussy. *exasperated sigh*

Helton

Arcane
Lol its funny because you call cats pussys but she's a prostitute. You should find her a new kitten and name it Mr. Cunt.

spekkio

Arcane
After experiencing this thread I'm beginning to think that Bethsduh actually :incline: ed the Fallout franchise with Failout 3.

lightbane

Arcane
[Forbidden Lore roll] Well, let's see, in the times of the PS2, before the Age of the Next-gen, the Decline, and the BLOOM, there were a serie of games called Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2, that were nothing more than mediocre hack-and-slash games. Using the same graphic engine This Failout abortion was made and also a hack-and-slash based on the WWII (replacing swords with rifles, and a rpg set in the WWII is an interesting idea). That failout title was so bad that there were advertising campaings where the game was sold with a pack of condoms... And now we know where Hines got the inspiration.

Elzair

Cipher
Surprisingly, this game appears to be far less shitty than I thought it would be. It actually appears to be more of an RPG than Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Does it devolve into a pure dungeon hack-'n-slash at the end like BG:DA did?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Here we go with a quick update to the Let’s Play of the game that made the PS2 the all-time best-selling console.

Last time we were supposed to go finish the raiders and their matron, so I packed up some small ammo and some big ammo.

Time to check the character and the inventory.

01.jpg

02.jpg

I have a flamethrower too, which uses fuel ammo, but it sucks. The burning gloves (which burn… all the time) are better and they don’t use any ammo.
In the armor department I don’t sit very well, but it should do as I couldn’t afford to buy a good armor even after selling the flamethrower. Maybe I spent too much on ammo.
Notice the little lightning bolts near the armor pieces. I suppose those mean they provide energy resistance so I assume there are energy weapons too.

The character is currently level 7 and the skills I got in the meantime are:

2 levels of Slayer = +15% chance of a critical hit
1 level of First Aid = +40% to all health items in the game
2 levels of Melee Skill = +15% melee damage
3 levels of Gun Skill = +20% ranged damage

OK? Ok. Time to go.

As we were previously warned now we don’t only have to kill raiders but avoid mine fields as well. And sure enough, a dozen raiders later we find the first one.

03.jpg

There’s dead people in it. Because it’s a mine field. And mines kill people.

Two dozen raiders and 3 or 4 mine fields later we find this.

04.jpg

One of the raiders must have it. For real? OMG. I get to kill me some raiders! Oh… wait…

Before finding the key, though, I find Ruby’s Necklace.

05.jpg

Hurray, let’s get back for the reward.

06.jpg

The game sure doesn’t shy away from calling her a prostitute at every occasion.
She doesn’t have another quest for the moment it seems, and I can’t spend any more caps on her either. The option just isn’t there anymore.

I end the dialog, and I hear her say: Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Huh? Well, bitch, you can bet it’s a pistol. Count yourself lucky I didn’t choose the big nigger and pounded your ass. Bitch.

I also leveled up around this time and got 16 skill points. I’m level 8 now. I didn’t pay attention until now, but it may be that the number of skill points you get is double the level you are. I guess I’ll see next level. For now I keep them because I want to get this:

07.jpg

Will he be named Dogmeat?

Back to fighting. More raiders, more mine fields.

Walking by some stuff I get this:

08.jpg

And that’s it. I can’t do anything. It’s being repaired, though, so that puts my mind at ease.

Later on a bit:

09.jpg

Did I previously say something about raiders decorating their hideout with corpses?

10.png

I also find Dual Berretas.

11.jpg

Oh yeah, dual-wielding, bitch!
Close to the mill, I find Jesse, Wasteland Trader. He said he’ll be here so there he is.

12.jpg

Me: Where can I find the Raider Matron?

Jesse: Well, just north of us is the bulk of the mill’s machinery. Matron usually hangs around there. Says she likes the vibrations… heh heh…

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa…. Haha… :cry:

Me: Can you tell me anything about the mill itself?

Jesse: The old mill safety locks are still workin’, so you’ll probably have to mess with the machinery, create some havoc.

So let’s go and create some havoc.

The doors are locked indeed.

13.jpg

It’s a lair! She lives in a lair, because she’s evil!

I go through the other door which is supposed to lead to the “machinery” and find a Raider Lieutenant (which is a woman too) giving some instructions.

Raider Lieutenant: You know what you have to do, right?

Raider Soldier: Attack anything that moves.

The matron would’ve said to also attack anything that doesn’t move.

Raider Thug: …Except each other! Right?

Raider Lieutenant: Right. That’s good, good. Carry on.

Raiders are stupid.

Somewhere inside I find a Vault 13 Flask, which is a quest item.

14.jpg

I haven’t got any quest about it yet, though. Is it the flask of the Wasteland Stranger? The curiosity it killing me.
Finally I get some more jumping and here ends this update because I died two times trying to make that jump and I have to redo a big portion of raider killing to get here.

15.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
Droog White Smile said:
According to the wiki Mr. Pussy could've been the last known living cat in America. That's history right there.

i never understood that in Fallout, cats are easier to hunt but not dogs? if they where so hungry, why not eat the dogs too?

oh well.

Silellak

Cipher
The character is currently level 7 and the skills I got in the meantime are:

2 levels of Slayer = +15% chance of a critical hit
1 level of First Aid = +40% to all health items in the game
2 levels of Melee Skill = +15% melee damage
3 levels of Gun Skill = +20% ranged damage
What, you didn't take any talking or stealth skills? At least this game has skills, at least.

FACT: Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel appears to be more of an RPG than the SNES version of Ultima 7

Hell, you even appear to get a companion, yet another thing the SNES version of Ultima 7 doesn't have. I guess I should just be happy the SNES version of Ultima 7 doesn't have any jumping puzzles, an idea so innovative it was saved for Ultima 8.

</shamelessLPplugs>

The game sure doesn’t shy away from calling her a prostitute at every occasion.
To be fair, I'm surprised it didn't say "You receive 100 caps and 100 experience for returning the stupid whore's shiny thing."

Luzur said:
Droog White Smile said:

i never understood that in Fallout, cats are easier to hunt but not dogs? if they where so hungry, why not eat the dogs too?

oh well.

That's because you can train dogs to be useful and hunt things with you. Cats just want to sit on their asses getting fatter, so they become food.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Clockwork Knight said:
Luzur said:
That's because you can train dogs to be useful and hunt things with you. Cats just want to sit on their asses getting fatter, so they become food.

The real reason, obviously, is simply not wanting to make a cat model.

No way we'd be able to wipe out all cats if the war didn't. If we even wanted to; if you're going to do agriculture like Shady Sands, cats will come in handy again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom