Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's Play Fallout 4: your mom is collateral damage

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
"Should we increase synth production or focus on weapons research?"

"Explain both options to me, I'd like to make a well informed decision."

"Well, increasing synth production would mean we have more synths..... focusing on weapons research would improve our weapons...."

What in the actual fuck. I feel my brain cells melting.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Love the amazing choices at the end

- Do you think you could do it?
- No
- You think we shouldn't do it?
- Yes
- You still need to do it
- I won't
- Well it's an order son
(Quest Marker Activates)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not really 'nuke Boston,' you destroy the institute and some of the surrounding area. Most of the city is left intact.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RK47 Can you, or anyone that watched them all, summarize the story? I just watched the latest video posted every time I checked the thread so missed a fair bit (eg. watching that video, that scientist, "Virgil", was a super mutant before, right? What happened? Also missed how the Brotherhood turned on you, was there some kind of confrontation because you used to work with them?)

Roderick

Savant
Nice of Bethpissda to give Stephen (Garrett) Russell some work at least. He does the voice of the android detective Nick Valentine and the robot Codsworth

RK47

Patron
RK47 Can you, or anyone that watched them all, summarize the story? I just watched the latest video posted every time I checked the thread so missed a fair bit (eg. watching that video, that scientist, "Virgil", was a super mutant before, right? What happened? Also missed how the Brotherhood turned on you, was there some kind of confrontation because you used to work with them?)

Well there was this Phase 3 the Institute wants to implement and it requires them to send me to retrieve a nuclear plant core. However, Brotherhood was there first. And that was it. There was no way to avoid it unless I inform the Brotherhood about this operation and possibly sabotage the Institute in the process. I believe that will trigger a forced faction hostility between the protagonist and the Institute, rerouting him to the BoS ending.

RK47

Patron
Best story since Moronwind.

Thank you.

tumblr_mmnlfeSxyb1rjrlpco1_500.gif

pippin

I was watching your videos but when the Memory Lane bullshit appeared I kinda felt... weird. It feels strange that the game largely ignores lore at that point yet namedrops the NCR and the Hub in this useless sequence. The whole thing feels completely non-Fallout though. It felt like the Geth passage where you get to relive their history, I think that was ME3.

RK47

Patron
I was watching your videos but when the Memory Lane bullshit appeared I kinda felt... weird. It feels strange that the game largely ignores lore at that point yet namedrops the NCR and the Hub in this useless sequence. The whole thing feels completely non-Fallout though. It felt like the Geth passage where you get to relive their history, I think that was ME3.

"Is this the guy I just fatman'd a few updates ago?"
"B-but Kellogg is a human being. Just like you. He lost someone! People he loved! You supposed to feel for him, man! This is him before turning into a cold-blooded killer for hire, man!" -Bethesda

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
The introduction video is already so totally retarded and so-not in fallout-mood. Again, who writes this shit?

pippin

The introduction video is already so totally retarded and so-not in fallout-mood. Again, who writes this shit?

iirc Emil Pagliarulo is in charge of the writing. Or parts of it at least. Isn't the intro speech literally the same than the blurb from the old leaked document though?

RK47

Patron

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom