Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's Play Fallout 4: your mom is collateral damage

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Did they want to make your son completely unsympathetic? I'm assuming 90% of players who reach that point would want to blow him away when he goes "lol yah mam was collateral damage its cool, why contain it? :3"

RK47

Patron
Did they want to make your son completely unsympathetic? I'm assuming 90% of players who reach that point would want to blow him away when he goes "lol yah mam was collateral damage its cool, why contain it? :3"

Zeriel there is a tragic irony you never see in other Behesda game if one actually succumbs to the whole emotional thing and just shot him the moment he enters the room without allowing him to speak.

Lorenzen

Augur
So wait, Fallout 3 stole the whole Enclave + FEV thing from Fallout 2 and now Fallout 4 steals "non-radiated specimens needed to create the ubermenschen" from Fallout 1? Bethesda, for fuck's sake :lol:

Well, in that case at least Fallout 5 is out of the question because there's no more material to steal from. Hopefully.

Zeriel

Arcane
Also, why is Maxson alive in 2200s? Is that just a new guy who named himself after the original guy?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Arthur_Maxson

It's this kid from Fallout 3:

latest

RK47

Patron
What happens if you blast Dad? Does PC believes synth-Shaun to be his son?
I duno, the whole Institute quest chain breaks apart and all you can do is plug the Network Scanner holo and then run back to BoS

Also Maxson Wiki
From his computer (which the Lone Wanderer can hack without Karma penalties), the Lone Wanderer can discover that young Arthur enjoys writing stories, has a crush on Sarah Lyons (because she taught him to kill a man by stabbing him in the kidneys),

:lol:

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Told you to nuke the BoS (PoS more like). Liberty Prime? Seriously?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Surprising amount of work on relations between faction quests for Bethesda. Not as good as FNV but better than F3 and probably even Skyrim? They peeked on FNV and tried to emulate the experience.
I also thought that BoS was competently written (ignoring standard mistakes/tropes like main character being instantly invited in and given PWA) and had nice leader - uncompromising, tech hoarding, mutant kicking, self-righteous military man. It feels more like Fallout 1 actually, when compared to F3.

...well, before they bring in that retarded robot again. And spam Steve with Minecraft missions.

If Steve would manage to change Institute from within and persuade BoS to be ok with it, I will be surprised.

I don't see working on FEV as muahaha evil condemning for Institute, btw. NCR are supposed to be good guys, but they dabbled into it in New Vegas.
I am still waiting for some sort of dumb twist that draws out some evil final boss, but if everything ends just with Steve choosing to support one faction over 2 others, that's something new for Beth.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Surprising amount of work on relations between faction quests for Bethesda. Not as good as FNV but better than F3 and probably even Skyrim? They peeked on FNV and tried to emulate the experience.
I also thought that BoS was competently written (ignoring standard mistakes/tropes like main character being instantly invited in and given PWA) and had nice leader - uncompromising, tech hoarding, mutant kicking, self-righteous military man. It feels more like Fallout 1 actually, when compared to F3.

...well, before they bring in that retarded robot again. And spam Steve with Minecraft missions.

If Steve would manage to change Institute from within and persuade BoS to be ok with it, I will be surprised.

I don't see working on FEV as muahaha evil condemning for Institute, btw. NCR are supposed to be good guys, but they dabbled into it in New Vegas.
I am still waiting for some sort of dumb twist that draws out some evil final boss, but if everything ends just with Steve choosing to support one faction over 2 others, that's something new for Beth.

You are correct. I hate to admit it, but they've...improved. Baby steps. There are some serious questionable story decisions that was made but overall it's more of Bioshock style of storytelling and to me, it's more compelling than the 'go anywhere do anything' style since the whole repetitive content is more densely packed in this game. Wayyyy to dense.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well there goes the hope for some maneuvering between factions. They just add excess ones as extra targets to your shooting gallery. Like there's not enough trash combat in the game already.
Inb4 Maxson riding Optimus Prime as final boss.

RK47

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom