Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Fallout 2 as a pacifist

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You say that now, but everyone knows that eventually you'll be reading about bigdick trannies shiting on a nazi member's chest along with the rest of us.

Oh yeah
scr00207.png

At last, you found a use for a rope. And you probably dreamed about lots of bags with one coin in each.
There is not much useful here, actually. Just a toy gun.

If you're willing to pixel hunt there is also a backpack (near that gun, I think), which is an unique container you can carry. I never found a real use for it, though. I think the idea is that you can put it in your hand to have a "mini-inventory" to avoid paying the full cost of inventory access during combat, but as we all know if you access the inventory once you can use everything inside for no additional cost. Maybe it was intended as a way to organize your inventory a little, but it's too much of a bother.

baturinsky

Arcane
Part three - Vice, err, Vault City.

Actually, it was third re-take of VC in this run. After first one, I had to reload from Modoc, because I was failing that time limit quest. So, second VC visit was too hasted. When I looked through screenshots I realized that so well made place like VC deserves much more care. So, here it is.

First thing you noticed inside Vault City.
scr00255.png

Was a cage with people. "Outsider Prisoner". You suddenly feel that you will not find help liberating Den slaves here.
You tried to ask guards why these people was incarcerated, but they were not talkative.

Second thing you noticed inside Vault City was a "Greeting Office".
OK, let's go get greeted.
scr00256.png

Young man inside tried to greet you properly to his best.
scr00257.png

scr00261.png

His best was not very good. But you commended the effort.

Let's talk to the supervisor then.
scr00262.png

Melinda was a little more helpful. OK, you'll talk to that Wallace.

scr00263.png

And thanks for stimpack.

scr00264.png

Hmm, you need moar lockpicking skill. And/or actual lockpick. Lots of locks here.

Grungy residents...
scr00265.png

scr00266.png

...are grungy. They seem to not like your jumpsuit for some reason.
I think you know why.

And here is trader that Vic mentioned.
scr00267.png

scr00269.png

No, he does not know where your "13" flask from. But he has some ideas. And he told you a lot (comparatively) about places around.
Also, now you really need to get inside this City's Vault.

Shoddy house.
scr00270.png

With shoddy Auto-Doc and shoddy doctor inside. Auto-Doc is clearly dangerous to health of anybody who'll try to use it. And even with wandabox and your wopping 20% repairing skill you could not change it for the best.

scr00271.png

On other hand, your 9% doctor skill was enough to diagnose a man in a tent nearby.

scr00272.png

This boys tells something potentially interesting and gainful.
NOTE: Somewhat elusive quest, which is also way to get only wrench for miles and miles around, and, consequentally, way to get a free Supertoolbox(es).

scr00273.png

NOTE: I figured why I could not get "shift trick" on tape. When you hold shift to highlight items behind obstacles, and press F12 to make screenshot, it is Shift-F12, which is NOT making screenshot.

scr00274.png

scr00275.png

No, this would be cruel. Here you go, boy.

scr00276.png

Just a pile of rocks, nothing to see here.

scr00278.png

scr00279.png

A-ha!

scr00280.png

This lady's husband got in a trouble.

scr00281.png

Years of slavery for just a drunk fight? Did he killed that citizen
or something? Ok, you'll try to find if you can do something.

scr00282.png

Meanwhile, TETINND goes on.

scr00283.png

Hello, Cassidy. No, I can't take you with me. I don't think I can protect anyone. I'm more of a "running away screaming" type.
NOTE: If you pretend you are gonna take him with you, you will get 300 exp for that. But then he will close his bar, and be stranded in VC without means of living. There will be "Out of Business" sign on his (former) canteen.

scr00284.png

So, life here sucks, but a lot of people prefer it to the dangers of outside world. From your short experience with outside world, you can see the point.
Now, where can you get a plow for him?

Here, probably.
scr00286.png

Interesting, a computer. You can't do anything with it, though. Not with your barely existent technical skills, at least.

scr00288.png

Plow. 800 bucks,. No, not 600, 800. So, Katia, are you gonna blow
that much on charity?

scr00290.png

You do. Fortunately, you managed to trade that money (and some over that) back for loot you got at Slags and in Courtyard. You are a Wasteland's Robin Hood, Katia!

NOTE: This guy was a goldmine before the patch, when one of that lootable tables hold his entire stock.

scr00291.png

Also, after you paid for the plow, there was a fade out. Probably it
was so "physical" plow could be added to area.

scr00292.png

Did you here that ding? It's a new level.

scr00293.png

Tough choice. Repair, Science and Doctor are all needed. But you decided that lockpick will be used more often.

And that gun you got for the plow costs...
scr00294.png

exactly $800. Interesting coincidence.

NOTE: Of cause, it depends on your trade skill. And you got it with ammo in, so it was little more than $800.

Now let's get behind that gates.
scr00295.png

You'll try to avoid Crossing The Line, if possible. What? No, it's absolutely NOT possible to NOT pocket anything that just lies here and smirks at you.
And you will save blackmail for later. Better ask this guy about Citizenship Test.

scr00297.png

You are sure he is exaggerating. May be. Because you don't know what that "Aussileptics" is.

scr00298.png

Wallace was much more pleasant. And you got your pass completely free, just for flaunting your jumpsuit.

scr00299.png

Now what?

p2_scr00000.png

No problem, offisa. Vic, hold on this for a moment.

p2_scr00001.png

Thank you, offisa. Have a nice day.

p2_scr00002.png

p2_scr00003.png

Point taken indeed.

p2_scr00004.png

He added more to our worldly knowledge.

p2_scr00005.png

And a Quest for Booze. Should not be a problem.

You noticed a lot of sla... servants around. You decided to talk to
them
p2_scr00006.png

p2_scr00007.png

p2_scr00008.png

p2_scr00009.png

p2_scr00010.png

They were reluctant to answer to any specific questions, but you
managed to find quite a lot.

Most of them are from tribes north of here. They are captured by Den slavers (that is, by Mezger). Then part of them are shipped to New Reno, and part here. New Reno is considered by a far worse "option". Servants barely can control their fate here, or fate of their family. But they are not abused, except rare, and probably mild exceptions, involving First Citizen Lynette. They get decent living conditions, enough food, and even some education.
Also, some of them accept life of servant willfully. Or, come to Courtyard and then are enslaved for debts or some other transgression.

They are even promised to be able to become a full citizens "for hard work" but it is obviously just an empty promise.

p2_scr00011.png

p2_scr00012.png

Also, they ALL had two children. And they were "shipped northwards".
You do smell something strange here. Are there some VC colonies north of here? Or is it some euphemism?

Then you "spoke" with citizens. What they said was by far less interesting.
p2_scr00013.png

p2_scr00014.png

But their behavior was quite amusing. They followed you with eye when you was nearby. Especially when you was near some shelves.
p2_scr00015.png

p2_scr00017.png

When you fetched something from the shelf (steal in sneak mode),
citizen ran away screaming...
p2_scr00018.png

But then just stood here without calling for help or something. (And you could end combat mode immediately) So you just took what you wanted and walked by him, smiling.

You tried it again with other shelf, and it worked...
p2_scr00019.png

...but then you realized that it was a part of their devious part to block your way out of this house with their own bodies foreverrr..

NOTE: In most cases, it is indeed possible to steal from shelf in sneak mode, and then just "end combat". But sometimes it does not work and whole area attack you. So, I decided not to abuse it.

Some kind of store.
p2_scr00021.png

Citizens only. OK :(

p2_scr00023.png

Men in closes that look clean and well-cared for. Except that whole on the knee. He probably was an adventurer.

p2_scr00025.png

And he tells words, that you can not but agree with. And he says them out loud, not fearing consequences. Is it because he is stupidly brave? Is it because he knows kung fu? Is it because VC is not as hard on freedom on speech as you may think? Or they prefer to deal with discontent covertly?
You don't know enough yet to answer this.

p2_scr00027.png

Briefcase for someone named John Bishop in New Reno. Probably John is some anti-slavery activist in New Reno. And from what you learned about New Reno, that John should be really brave to do it there!
You look forward to meeting him. Also, agreeing to transport this briefcase makes you a part of La Resistance now, right? Maybe contents of this briefcase will help take down Mezger, eventually. You are so excited. And scared.

p2_scr00028.png

But let's try some slave liberating here and now, first. Here is where they hold Joshua.

Do they actually by slaves here? You'll pretend you want to sell Vic.
p2_scr00029.png

Yes, they do. No Vic, don't scream, I'm not actually gonna do that. Not with prices like that, anyway.

Now let's talk about Joshua.
p2_scr00030.png

p2_scr00031.png

p2_scr00032.png

Other symptoms are chronic kleptomania and telling ridiculous, outrageous lies to idiots who buy them.

p2_scr00033.png

You can't cure Katia's Syndrome, but you can learn to enjoy it.

You ask a little more about sources of slaves.
p2_scr00034.png

p2_scr00035.png

p2_scr00036.png

And it corresponds with what you heard before.

p2_scr00037.png

Jackpot!

"Correction Center" across the road. Some kind of police station
slash prizon for citizens.
p2_scr00045.png

"Citizen prisoner". So, they jail citizens too. But even beds in cells are much better than what non-citizens have. Not to mention that cage near city entrance.

You talked with officer inside. He is some kind of local military general.
p2_scr00040.png

p2_scr00044.png

You learned a lot about Raiders. They control lands south of city, and are surprisingly good organized. You got quests to find their base and to scout area around city.

Here is the Vault.
p2_scr00046.png

Security is quite tight. You tried to sneak by, but are just kicked back.

NOTE: You can still get in, if you do it in combat mode.

Information center.
p2_scr00047.png

p2_scr00048.png

Is not having the best times. They go digital. You got a couple of books out of it, though.

You checked the shops. No books there.
p2_scr00049.png

Just some drugs at outrageous prices.

But in Maintenance Center you met Valerie. Or Val. Or whatever.
p2_scr00050.png

No, Val, I'm not your father.

Uninterruptible cut scene follows. From it you deduct, that Val got father's hands and mother's tongue. But then surpassed them both. By far.

p2_scr00053.png

You gave here some tools she was evidently in dire needs for.

p2_scr00054.png

Indeed. But actually, she seems to be OK girl deep inside.

p2_scr00055.png

Some more tempting locked containers. You could open only one.
Others was for you like a can of tuna for a polar bear. You REALLY need to find some lockpicks.

= Also, you know what, Val?
p2_scr00051.png

- What?
- He is your problem now.
- Nooo, you can't do that to me!

barack-obama-yes-we-can-posters.jpg

Advancing deeper.
p2_scr00056.png

Well, maybe not *any*, but...

p2_scr00057.png

Local entertainment.

p2_scr00058.png

Local servant.

p2_scr00061.png

Local night life. Guy in toilet is talking to his urine, was not fast enough to catch that on tape.

p2_scr00062.png

Bartender is not fun at all.

p2_scr00063.png

Keep cool, Katia, keep cool.

p2_scr00064.png

Heart of pawah.

Let's try this infamous test.
p2_scr00065.png

p2_scr00066.png

p2_scr00067.png

This probably means "not with 4 perception, loser". OK :(

NOTE: In theory, you need 9 in IN, PE and LK. Some career sniper probably can pull it off. You can get some IN and PE from Mentats on the spot, LK is more problematic.

McClure tells us some trivia about GECKs and Vaults
p2_scr00068.png

p2_scr00069.png

p2_scr00070.png

p2_scr00071.png

Also about pressing VC problems and NCR. This may be first time we
hear about NCR.

Now let's talk with our favorite bespectacled lady.
p2_scr00073.png

She asks YOU about Vault 13 location. Bad sign.

p2_scr00074.png

She seems decent enough. Why do people hate her?

p2_scr00075.png

Why some other citizen can't just check computer inside and then
tell me where V13 is? Damn.

p2_scr00076.png

p2_scr00077.png

Though, she offers you some alternative way to become citizen. Do you want to be a citizen, Katia? May be even have your own sla... servants?
No, I'm not sure fancy dresses are involved. You have seen those citizens.

Ok, you'll try to fix that plant problem. May be you have just go there and ask nicely.

p2_scr00078.png

You decided to take some forward payment.

p2_scr00079.png

Joshua is already home. They gave you some reward, not sure what it
was.

So, what do you think about VC, Katia?
p2_scr00081.png

Hmm, may be. You are not ready to judge yet.

p2_scr00082.png

Gecko!

Also, I'll add "suggested build for pacifist run" in first post.

baturinsky

Arcane
dextermorgan
I can understand this. It's easier to escape temptation, if you have no combat skills.

Endemic
Ah, no. There are probably still a lot of typos in textl. And VC is hardly "Vice" city. My (tongue-in-cheek) nickname for it would be "City of Happy Slaves".

MorteTorment

Novice
dextermorgan
I can understand this. It's easier to escape temptation, if you have no combat skills.

Endemic
Ah, no. There are probably still a lot of typos in textl. And VC is hardly "Vice" city. My (tongue-in-cheek) nickname for it would be "City of Happy Slaves".

Ah Vault City. The only reason I didn't slaughter every single council member and every single guard the first time playing through the game for the first time was because I didn't want the major loss of karma. Sure was fun slaughtering everyone in it in my homicidal run though.

Endemic

Arcane
Ah Vault City. The only reason I didn't slaughter every single council member and every single guard the first time playing through the game for the first time was because I didn't want the major loss of karma. Sure was fun slaughtering everyone in it in my homicidal run though.

VC's a fascist hellhole by individualist standards... on the other hand it has advanced technology, is very secure and comfortable (which is important given the various nasties roaming the wastes) and has food\water sources close by. If I were the Chosen One I'd probably shoot Lynette anyway for being a hypocritical bitch, but I don't think the average VC citizen is irredeemable.

MorteTorment

Novice

VC's a fascist hellhole by individualist standards... on the other hand it has advanced technology, is very secure and comfortable (which is important given the various nasties roaming the wastes) and has food\water sources close by. If I were the Chosen One I'd probably shoot Lynette anyway for being a hypocritical bitch, but I don't think the average VC citizen is irredeemable.

Again, it's the guards and the council members that I wanted to slaughter, not every single citizen.

Oh, and keep in mind that I said that I WANTED to, not that I still do. I realized after I finished Vault City that they don't truly deserve to die, they just need to put down several pegs.

Endemic

Arcane
Again, it's the guards and the council members that I wanted to slaughter, not every single citizen.

Oh, and keep in mind that I said that I WANTED to, not that I still do. I realized after I finished Vault City that they don't truly deserve to die, they just need to put down several pegs.

McClure seemed like a reasonable guy to me. He's the reason you can solve the contamination problem peacefully (and is helpful in a couple of other quests). Stark is an ass, but fitting given the nature of the guard captain role in a place like Vault City.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Eh, your suggested build is horrible.

First - skilled isn't that good for pacifist characters. You're unlikely to gain that much levels (you'll max at 18, probably) so that's two perks lost for 85 skill points gained - more or less even trade. Like, perks won't net you as much of skill points, but you can gain pretty unique bonuses through them - bonus move (great for escaping, obviously), cautious nature (also great for escaping), pack rat (convenient), silent running (also convenient), tag (lots of skill points) and thief (which is 40 skill points and is basically like half of the skilled trait in this situation).

Second, strength & endurance can be lowered by 2 each - those points are better spent in either CHA or PE.

Third, kamikaze is a trait to actually consider - with just 6 PE, lots of random encounter enemies will take their turn before you and that can be more than enough to kill you (of course, you'll just reload, but that's lame - fallout plays much better in an ironman mode).

Fourth, lockpick. Lockpick is an awesome tag skill, much better than science - you can read books about it and it's not needed immediately, while you can grind xps with lockpick from the very start of the game. Just lock and unlock every door and chest you can find - 20 chests/doors is 500 xp, that's like a quest solved. Doctor is also a good tag to grind for xps, though it's somewhat harder to abuse properly in noncombat run.

laclongquan

Arcane
VC is not a fascist hell. for one thing, you dont have to worry about getting destroyed just because you are different. Ghoul-haters of 1st citizen is not enough to overcome the other factions. For another, it does seem your female servants dont have to worry about rape. At least, during our investigation of VC there's no complaint about rape of servants.

baturinsky

Arcane
I mostly agree, but...

I hope random encounters will stop being that much of a problem when I'll get a car. We'll see.

I'm not desperate enough to cheese exp by 25xp/door. And if I'd be, then a) it can be done with with not-so-high picking skill too and b)there are lots of faster ways of cheesing, such as planting/steeling on drunk geckos.

ST and EN probably could be lowered, but would that not be a problem, if they are lowered by some drug withdrawal/addiction?

Endemic

Arcane
VC is not a fascist hell. for one thing, you dont have to worry about getting destroyed just because you are different. Ghoul-haters of 1st citizen is not enough to overcome the other factions. For another, it does seem your female servants dont have to worry about rape. At least, during our investigation of VC there's no complaint about rape of servants.

I did say "from an individualist perspective". Obviously compared to the wastes of Fallout, it's a fair trade-off. However, slavery and the planned births by auto-doc aren't how most people would want their society to function. Among other things.

Screen 72 is missing from that last update. Third dialogue with McClure.

Also, can't you break the pacifist rule and make an exception for Lynette? Pretty please?

VC is not a fascist hell. for one thing, you dont have to worry about getting destroyed just because you are different.

You're denied entry instead. And if you look somewhat dangerous (ghoul, raider) the turrets would play target practice with you (Harold: "Dunno, they shoot us on sight")

baturinsky

Arcane
Part four. Gecko.

Welcome to Gecko, let's meet locals. Starting with that guy in what looks like extremely abridged vault suit.
p2_scr00084.png

- Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Zombie!
- Sigh. Smoothskins. I am not a zombie. Politically correct word is "Necro American".
- Eek?
- Questions?
- Ah... Yes. What is "American"? And what is "Negro"?
- Bah, just call us "ghouls" like everybody do.

p2_scr00085.png

He looks somewhat irritated and he has a huge gun. Let's leave him alone.

In house nearby there is a ghoul with a bonsai on his head.
p2_scr00086.png

He keeps this town running.

He better have no funny ideas about your "smooth skin".
p2_scr00087.png

p2_scr00088.png

That's a relief.

He gives you crash course on local problems.
p2_scr00090.png

Which are evidently now Vault City's problems too.

We learned that we need some magitek item from Vault City to fix reactor.
p2_scr00091.png

And that people in VC shoot ghouls on sight. Horrible. Though if you had seen something like Harold first time in your life, and had gun in your hand at the moment, you are not sure you'd have enough self control.

p2_scr00092.png

p2_scr00093.png

Also, Gecko gets fuel from Broken Hills. Btw, what would be a name for someone living in Gecko, btw? Geckos? Geckoians?
Ok, you got what you come for. Now let's just look around.

Overall, ghouls are pretty bro.
p2_scr00095.png

They don't mind you browsing their shelves.

p2_scr00094.png

And they have(had) lots of books. You found three total.

p2_scr00096.png

Also, you now have two "Yellow Reactor Cards". Given there is a reactor nearby, they can be useful.

p2_scr00097.png

Now you can help that sick man in Courtyard.

p2_scr00098.png

Also, several ghouls have strange pendant.

Local bartender taught you how to play with that cards you found.
p2_scr00100.png

And he is a sore victor.

As many before, he knows a lot about G.E.C.K.
p2_scr00102.png

Except where to find one.

Bar patrons gave you two suggestions.
A) Listen to Wooz's story
B) Buy them all a drink

Story is stupid.
p2_scr00103.png

p2_scr00104.png

Something about severed head flying in hell. Maybe it's not about the story, but how you tell it?

p2_scr00105.png

Me neither.

p2_scr00107.png

"Round of drinks for everyone" is just $35, so you went with it.

p2_scr00110.png

Locals are pleased.

p2_scr00109.png

But probably drink gave them weird ideas.

p2_scr00111.png

Seems like these 35$ bought you a lot of popularity here

Deeper inside town there is a store with a weird name.
p2_scr00112.png

Black Orchid?

p2_scr00113.png

Percy's friend Woody has some extreme case of narcolepsy. And he disappeared somewhere around Den. Hmm, you think you have an idea where he can be...

p2_scr00114.png

He has lots of cash.

p2_scr00115.png

Now there is some OTHER kind of yellow plastic.

p2_scr00116.png

Hey, save scumming is not a cheating.

p2_scr00117.png

Hello, canine.

p2_scr00118.png

Preoccupied ghoul has Cheesy Puffs,

p2_scr00123.png

...that strange amulet...

...and is looking for opportunities.
p2_scr00120.png

p2_scr00121.png

p2_scr00122.png

In greed lies Gecko's salvation, heh? Cheesy. But it seems he thought that through.

According to him:
Gecko will keel over under ~8 years unless reactor is fixed. But we will hopefully fix that soon enough.
VC will run out of energy in ~15 years unless they'll get extra from Gecko
Gecko will die off in 20 years without VC medical help. Well, they do look like someone in dire need of medical help (especially Wooz), but aren't ghouls supposed to be crazy long living and durable?

You have some doubt, but you agreed to pass disc to McClure.

p2_scr00125.png

Strange building nearby. "Construction zone"? This do looks half-built. But you have no signs of "constructing" here. When was it abandoned?

And in long building across the street...
p2_scr00126.png

Hooray!

You practiced lockpicks immediately on door nearby.
p2_scr00127.png

Locking works well. And much faster than when you try to do this without tools.

NOTE: Yes, when I use lockpick on door, instead of skill, animation is not playing.

p2_scr00128.png

Opening is little harder. You decided to keep from practicing on random doors before you lock yourself from something important. Like, the rest of the world.

And in next room
p2_scr00129.png

Yuppie! Check Pip-boy, Katia, it is probably your birthday. Soon you will not need to travel by foot anymore, molested by each passerby molerat.

NOTE: Not sure it was her birthday. Can I see the birth date of character anywhere?

There is also the thing you can help him with.
p2_scr00130.png

p2_scr00132.png

"On the sly", you say? Well, you are pretty much expert of the "sly" by now.

p2_scr00133.png

Hmmmmm... no. He needs it, and he gave you best present ever for it.
And not that this thing was actually useful.

And in the next room... smoothskin?
p2_scr00134.png

p2_scr00136.png

Ok, he was "threated badly" in VC, but he was not "shot on sight", right? Why couldn't he go and try to ask for that electromagneto thingie?

p2_scr00138.png

He also tells about some "people" in reactor pit. And, yes, that construction sight earlier is pre-war, and it was supposed to be reactor.

No way to come down here.
p2_scr00139.png

But in an abandoned building nearby there is a ladder you can use to go down.
But, should you? Who knows what is it down there. What about your Will Zum Leben?
p2_scr00140.png

Against your better judgement...
p2_scr00141.png

Ghouls. Armed. But not aggressive. Yet?
p2_scr00142.png

They all wear that creepy symbol.

p2_scr00143.png

Err, good to know.

p2_scr00144.png

"His Sleekiness"?

p2_scr00145.png

Hello, Zomak the Destroyer.

p2_scr00146.png

Yeah, it is a cult.

p2_scr00147.png

And it's leader is a giant molerat. Katia, I think you are just having a nightmare.

p2_scr00148.png

Yes, you have Cheesy Poofs.

p2_scr00149.png

Congratulations, Katia, you are cultist now. And probably a henchman of a wannabe evil overlord too.

p2_scr00150.png

Something to tune of that guy up there. But words are a little different. And judging by Cheesy Puffs and talisman, they know of each other, and work together.

But how is this rat planning to conquer the world?
p2_scr00151.png

We only know that Hydo-Magno and repairing reactor is somehow part of it. And rat somehow knows that you got disc from Gordon already. But how?! Paranoia time!

Ok, this is all we got out of it.

p2_scr00152.png

And here are the brahmins that Lumpy mentioned. He indeed looks after them.

No let's check that reactor.
p2_scr00153.png

"Poseidon Oil"? Strange name for a nuclear station.

p2_scr00154.png

So many tables, so little loot.

NOTE: I think there were much more stuff here before patch.

p2_scr00155.png

Yay, now you have 4 yellow card - 2 of each type.

p2_scr00156.png

I better not stay for long here.

p2_scr00157.png

No "sunshine" for me plz.

p2_scr00158.png

Grenduza? I want a grenduza.

p2_scr00159.png

Noo, they are out of grenduzas. I'll take plasma transformer for Skeeter instead.

p2_scr00160.png

And this rifle. Not that you going to shoot someone with it. But may be you can use it as some kind of ranged lockpick?

p2_scr00161.png

Yellow card. "Pass card" works, "reactor card" doesn't.

p2_scr00163.png

They come in red too?

Hello, what are you doing here?
p2_scr00165.png

And how?
p2_scr00167.png

Yes, show that atom who is the boss.
p2_scr00164.png

No wonder.
p2_scr00169.png

If you say so.

Also,
p2_scr00168.png

They probably don't have big reserves of fuel here. For how long can you store reactor fuel? And do you need some special storage for it?
You don't know. Better read that science books soon.

p2_scr00170.png

It's damned nuclear reactor, not your personal leg warmer!

Hello, Festus.
p2_scr00171.png

Another Requisition Form for us. But we probably already got everything useful from storage guy.
p2_scr00172.png

Another case of delusion of grandeur. You don't need 75% doctor skill to see there is something wrong with people's heads here. Maybe something in water? Radiation alone could not do this.

p2_scr00173.png

Giant batteries, huh. You think you have seen something like that at Smitty's. That car of him runs on them. How giant are we talking here?
Aaah, Katia, forget it, it's just another demented speech. Of a person that has access to nuclear plant's innards. Nuclear plant you are now inside of.

Do you see red door here?
p2_scr00174.png

p2_scr00176.png

Why everybody make sure to say you that you need Magnetoregulator?
You are not dumb, you got that already.

You got out of reactor and Gecko. This thing can go critical any moment now. You are starting to understand Lynette. On other hand, things went like this probably for ages already, and it is still standing.

Hmm, you remember you were asked to scout around Gecko.
p2_scr00178.png

Thank you, I had enough of mutated rats today.

Rad-Away for Puking Charlie.
p2_scr00181.png

100 exp

p2_scr00182.png

And nothing more. Except that warm fuzzy feeling.

p2_scr00184.png

Hello, officer. No, I don't know who's Mentats are on the ground.
Just open the damn door.

p2_scr00185.png

How are family reunion going? Oh, thanks.

p2_scr00187.png

She was not kidding about 5 toolkits.

Ok, let's try this lockpicks in actions.
p2_scr00188.png

A-ha!

p2_scr00189.png

Most lockers have junk.

p2_scr00190.png

But there is a useful stuff too. Dynamite!

There is something suspicious that everybody suggest you to talk specifically to McClure about the plant. Let's go to Lynette first.
p2_scr00191.png

p2_scr00192.png

Abort, abort!

Bitch. Ok, let's go to McClure.
p2_scr00193.png

p2_scr00194.png

He can give me citizenship too? Awesome. Also he says I can get part in amenities office.

You were not sure you should speak with him about "economic disc" bit this kind of happened.
p2_scr00195.png

p2_scr00196.png

p2_scr00197.png

p2_scr00198.png

He is "not unsympathetic to the plight of ghouls"? This guy is too good to be real!

Hmm, Katia, do you realise that you have very low expectations for VC citizens by now?

Now to Correction Center. What is this man rank, again? You just go on calling him "general"
p2_scr00199.png

200$

p2_scr00200.png

Ok, you planned to go NCR anyway. As soon as you get the car. You heard only good things about NCR so far.

p2_scr00201.png

But mostly just from this one guy.

p2_scr00202.png

Woah, Katia, you memorized and pronounced the name of that thingie perfectly. I never could.

p2_scr00203.png

Looks great. It's even animated.

Back in Gecko.
p2_scr00204.png

Gave Skeeter that 3-something. He upgraded your ranged lockpick.

p2_scr00205.png

No you can hit wide side of barn nearly 3 times out of 10, instead of zero.
p2_scr00206.png

But only at very specific distances.

p2_scr00207.png

Shop here has some quite formidable guns. Unfortunately, it's not your cup of tea.

Now let's install that, you know what.
Of cause, you can ask Festus to do it (and he will). But you pretty sure you can harness the power of atom just as good as that stinky males.
p2_scr00214.png

OK, Ms. Robot, let's do it.

NOTE: If you don't know order of commands, just "look" at machines from you clockwise. It's the order you need.

p2_scr00215.png

You decided to wait until Vault to decide what skill to raise.

p2_scr00216.png

And you are "Idolized" in Gecko now.

p2_scr00217.png

Just joking. You don't have card addiction. And neither do Wooz. He can stop any day.

Let's go tell Harold the good news.
p2_scr00219.png

p2_scr00221.png

Damn. He has a point. Pretty good point. But is really that bad? VC probably knows about BH trading fuel with Gecko for a while already.

Good thing you did not told him that you also scouted around Gecko for VC. Are VC really planning attack? Probably not anytime soon, they are busy with Raiders now.

Also, why Gecko needs so much power, and how do they pay for fuel?
You'd ask Harold, but he is probably pissy now.

Let's go talk with that rat then.
p2_scr00222.png

p2_scr00223.png

Rat did not give you any insight about possibility of VC offensive. Instead, it sent you to McClure again.

After you got another disc, now from Festus.
p2_scr00224.png

p2_scr00227.png

You are pretty sure, VC would find some way to harmfully use this disc too.
Maybe you should tell Harold about the rat? Nah, that can go wrong in a million ways too.
You should think more about it. Or just let them all be, why this should be your problem?

When you got to VC...
p2_scr00228.png

It was night. OK, you'll just read all that books you were lugging around...

Hi, McClure. Here is another disk. So you can get even more from that reactor when you'll kill all ghouls. What? No, nevermind, I was just talking to myself.
p2_scr00229.png

At least he had dignity to haul his own ass to Vault to do the job.

Oh, and you also repaired the plant.
p2_scr00230.png

Yay. Cheer up, Katia. You wanted this citizenship for so long. Probably a week or so.

Also, you know what time it is? It's mocking-first-citizen time!
p2_scr00231.png

p2_scr00232.png

Yesssss, it was good. This face on her. Not quite mature of you, but soooo therapeutic. You need a cigarette.

Back to business.
p2_scr00266.png

Yes, you are a "Citizen".

p2_scr00234.png

"Fellow Citizen", even.

p2_scr00235.png

No, Katia, you just had your fun with Lynette, stop molesting local girls.

This girl is also a little disillusioned with Vault City.
p2_scr00236.png

p2_scr00239.png

And highlighted some of it's problems. Interesting. But you are too fed up with this place to really care. You adviced her to go out and talk with traders or whatever.

p2_scr00241.png

Doctor here will pay a $1000 for "Jet". Hmm, you remember some guy in Den mentioned it, and it was hell expensive. But never actually seen it.

p2_scr00243.png

Computers here are too complex. And they probably has some boring medical info anyway.

p2_scr00244.png

NOTE: With low PE, low Doctor skill and "wrong" gender it's not much to do on this floor.

p2_scr00245.png

Damn doors don't even have keyholes. And some are stuck.

p2_scr00247.png

You managed to open one or two somehow, though.

p2_scr00248.png

Heaven just behind this door. But you can't open it.

Let's go to bottom floor. Some guy is working here.
p2_scr00249.png

No jumpsuit. Is he a slave?

p2_scr00250.png

p2_scr00251.png

And no, he does not have a key.

OK, here is computer we are supposedly so longed for.
p2_scr00252.png

p2_scr00253.png

It was as unhelpful about GECK as anybody else before. You are not even surprised.

p2_scr00254.png

OK, this is interesting.
You then asked it about Vault 13, but it just disconnected (a bug?).
But you somehow got location of Vault 15 on your Pip-boy. It's right near NCR.

Hmm, may be you can get more information, if you had more knowledge?
You have three Science book left unread.
p2_scr00255.png

p2_scr00256.png

48% science.

p2_scr00257.png

It was enough to get some trivia from one of computers, but that's it.

You still have 20 skill points, but you decided that you'll better raise lockpick and maybe open that treasure room doors.
p2_scr00258.png

64% lockpik. Also, Silent Running!

Fortunately, it was enough for both doors.
p2_scr00261.png

p2_scr00260.png

Nothing particluarly breathtaking there, but enough shop fodder.
Geiger counter could be useful in Gecko, but probably you'll have to use it a lot in the future too.

Doors on floor 2, surprisingly, was more resistant than treasury doors.
p2_scr00263.png

And chests inside just had lots of useless water chips.

p2_scr00264.png

This chest is nice, though.

That's it with vault. You visited that citizen-exclusive shop on your way out of city.
p2_scr00269.png

Books! You traded for them most of the loot you just got.

p2_scr00270.png

You read them immediately - 57% science now. Repair skill still low.

Behind the gates, you talked with Wallace.
p2_scr00273.png

It seems that he did not recognized you. But he told you something
interesting about trade VC relations.
"Purchase Servants", you say?

Oh, and you remember there were some lockers you could not open in Greetings Office.
p2_scr00276.png

Another Geiger Counter.

Ok, Katia, you did not found a GECK or location of Vault 13 in VC, but you got part for car, lockpicks, and a lot of map markers.
p2_scr00278.png

p2_scr00279.png

p2_scr00280.png

And you are still alive, and, in some sense, stronger. You also are a citizen of VC, but not sure that you should be quite happy about it anymore.

Ok, now to Modoc, and then to Den. You want your car.

baturinsky

Arcane
Clockwork Knight
A lot of screens I made was not actually used. Screen 2/71 and 2/70 are duplicates of end dialog with McClure, so I dropped one. 2/72 is Lynette.
About exceptions - I plan to make a save before Enclave, then finish game clean, than may be reload save, and kill some select targets for "nearly pacifist" run. Not sure that Lynette will be among them, but Mezger and Vault 15 boss will, among others.

Pope Amole II
Yes, I got the reference, but Katia did not. LP is mostly from her viewpoint. I usually use "NOTE:" to mark my own metagamey text.

Also, I'm starting to see your point about Science easily raised by books. So maybe indeed it's not worth tagging. (except with Tag! late game).

I think I'll be able to tell what is a good build for this run only after I'll finish it:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom