Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Europa Barbarorum (Sweboz)

Update 31 - Imperial ambition

UO0002.jpg

That's what is left from our great army that was sent to conquer Noricum. I said we don't need Noricum to win the campaign but I also didn't said that this LP is over when we win the campaign. We need Noricum to connect Pannonia with Germania because without it we have to march our armies from Vindobona to Sweboland through fucking alps (or risk getting raped by Norici which we did once, to conquer Illyria, but we avoided rape).

UO0003.jpg

Iberian war is going as planned though. Baikor just surrendered without a fight and it's going to be enslaved.

UO0004.jpg

Archers were completely useless against Rome and Carthage but they may help us fight Norici and Boii. We have acess to really good baltic archers and Ascaucalis is pretty close to Eburonum and Noricum.

UO0005.jpg

We have some random Carthaginian stack besieging Tyde. We have one free army around there somwhere so we should be able to either relieve it or just take it back.

UO0006.jpg

Baikor is ours so we can make a move on Gader. I decided to put few units on a nearby bridge to stop smaller stack from annoying us or delay march of larger army.

UO0007.jpg

Ok, that's bad. I hoped this army will march to relieve Gader but it attacked our army besieging Oxtraca. We have to retreat and hope they don't have enough move points to attack us again.

UO0008.jpg

Unfortunately, they do have enough move points.

UO0009.jpg

We are fucked here. Our "army" is just some leftovers from earlier conquests and Carthaginians have two generals (which means two units of Sacred Band cav), full unit of elephants and infantry is mostly Liby-Phoenician spearmen (not elite but reliable heavy hoplites).

UO0010.jpg

And they have some cavalry on top of that. Well, I decided to hide our units all over the fucking map so Carthaginians will have to work a little to destroy this army.

UO0011.jpg

It looks like carthaginians sent fucking elephants to scout the woods.

UO0012.jpg

And some cav as a support. Well, their scouts stumbled upon our naked weirdos.

UO0013.jpg

And elephants are about to meet Dunaminaca. I don't think that swordsmen are perfect counter for elephants but we can't be picky in this battle.

UO0014.jpg

We had some cavalry hidden in nearby so we can deal with enemy cavalry. Elephants may be a problem though.

UO0016.jpg

Or not, our swordsmen routed them.

UO0017.jpg

Then I told our cavalry to chase routing elephants because I'm fucking stupid.

UO0019.jpg

We lost some horsemen and elephants went apeshit.

UO0020.jpg

Slingers won't be much help in this battle so we will just send them to lure enemy cavalry into a trap (preferably through raging elephants).

UO0021.jpg

UO0022.jpg

Ha, you dumb motherfuckers.

UO0023.jpg

This battle was lost before it begun so losing some slingers to lure enemy sacred band into a trap is not a big deal.

UO0027.jpg

SURPRISE BITCHES!

UO0028.jpg

Now we have to sandwich this motherfucker.

UO0029.jpg

If we are going down, this guy is coming with us.

UO0030.jpg

Our units on the other side of the map are about to get raped though.

UO0031.jpg

They are not Sweboz but maybe they will stop this army of darkness for a minute or two.

UO0034.jpg

And give us time to kill some isolated enemy units.

UO0036.jpg

UO0037.jpg

There is huge-ass rock in the middle of this map and it forced carthaginians to split their army in two. Later they decided to split it even more to look for our hidden units.

UO0038.jpg

But for now, our units are finding them.

UO0039.jpg

This flank is about to get raped but we have Sweboz units there and carthaginians will have to love them long time (because of our high morale).

UO0041.jpg

UO0042.jpg

Our right flank is dead and our main line is getting encircled. But we still have cavalry that was doing nothing after they chased elephants for a while.

UO0043.jpg

Ha! You can run but you cannot hide, we are taking you fuckers with us to HEL! (Glorious Hel with one L, not this eastern popamole bullshit that was not yet invented. Or actually, this is battle, we are going to Valhalla).

UO0044.jpg

CHAAAARGE!

UO0045.jpg

Dayuuum, I did not expect that!

UO0046.jpg

Now we can encircle Elite African Pikemen because our 56 guys (group 2) is keeping most of carthaginians occupied.

UO0048.jpg

And there goes another carthaginian family member, and this was leader of this army.

UO0049.jpg

Elite pikemen routed and now our general can lead our "main force" to glorious charge on rest of carthaginian army, ensuring place in Valhalla for our brave warriors.

UO0051.jpg

... Or just rout the enemy...

UO0052.jpg

... And win the battle.

UO0053.jpg

Even after hundreds years, historian will never be sure what excatly fucking happened here.

UO0001.jpg

Things didn't went as I planned so those guard keepers are pretty much useless here. Well, maybe they will kill few carthaginians.

UO0002.jpg

Or not, bastards have too many elephants.

UO0003.jpg

Ok, they failed at their quest to kill mucho carthaginians but they did something even better - they killed carthaginian general.

UO0004.jpg

Now we can start siege of Gader because I think Harjawfulaz will be able to deal with potential relieve force (they have elephants but no general).

UO0005.jpg

Lethriskaz just pulled victory from the ass of defeat but he can't reach safety of town, we had to put them on a bridge.

UO0006.jpg

We replenished losses we suffered during battle with Norici. But we are learning animals and we will bring more than just two armies next time.

UO0007.jpg

As I expected, Harjawulfaz have to deal with relieve force. I think he got this because this fucking circus army of elephants don't have general.

UO0010.jpg

But we didn't have any cavalry to chase fleeing enemies so we won't get Gader for this.

UO0015.jpg

That's surely is going to fucking help them in Iberia (or maybe they formed it to threaten Ptolemaioi, I'm not sure).

UO0001.jpg

We can just assault Gader because garrison there is almost non-existant.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

Slavery is the only way! (unless culture is "barbarian" which is not the case here).

UO0004.jpg

Sneaky fucking carthaginians!

UO0005.jpg

But I seriously doubt this ambush will go well for them.

UO0010.jpg

Nope, it didn't. We even managed to kill their general.

UO0011.jpg

And we can start siege of Oxtraca. Also, we've build a fort near in case Captain Adonbal would want to try something funny.

UO0008.jpg

Iberioa is almost conquered, now we can start part zwei of our var with phoenixians...

UO0012.jpg

UO0008.jpg

INVASION OF BALEARES!!!1!!11eingaz. Vhy? because fuck phoenixians, that's vhy!

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

That's Balearic slingers stack, this battle might be ugly.

UO0003.jpg

But we have nice woods to hide so we should be golden.

UO0011.jpg

High losses but this army is completely expendable and will be disbanded anyway after they take this island.

UO0012.jpg

That's nice, we got free general for this battle. I'm going to adpot this bugger because we are low on family members.

UO0014.jpg

And now we can finish conquest of Iberia.

UO0015.jpg

By autoresolving siege of Oxtraca.

UO0016.jpg

ENSLAVE! they are right culture but very butthurt.

UO0017.jpg

Captain Adonibal is last Carthaginian left in Iberia. He have quite big army so we will have to deal with him sooner or later.

UO0018.jpg

And we almost finished recruiting fourth army to take Noricum so I hope that next time I won't make fool of myself trying to conquer those damn people.

I fell in love with Lusotannan units, not because they are that good (I prefer our Sweboz guys with their absolutely ridiculous morale) but because they look great:

lus_gestikapoinann.gif

lus_scortamavera.gif

Those guys are best looking RTW mod units I ever saw.

Update 32 - Dealing with Norici PART 2

UO0001.jpg

Captain Adonbal have mighty fine army so I won't attack him, but we will have our faction heir following him.

UO0003.jpg

Since defenders of Bocchoris are dead we can just assault the city.

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg

This island should make Iberia even more profitable thanks to additional trade route. Iberia is already money factory thanks to mines carthaginians left for us there.

UO0006.jpg

Our army of doom and despair reached Noricum. Way Norici armies are deployed would be perfect for our fort tactic but unfortunately we don't have move points left. We have to wait for another occasion.

UO0007.jpg

Some dickheads brigands besieged Vindobona. We have some soldiers there so they should be able to defend this town.

UO0008.jpg

UO0009.jpg

They have only three rams so we can defend our walls.

UO0010.jpg

This is random brigand stack so they don't have anything too freightening.

UO0011.jpg

We will simply meat-grind them using unbelivable powers of "Guard Mode".

UO0015.jpg

It would be quite embarassing if we would lost Pannonia. We are going through all this Norici pain to connect Pannonia with Germania and then BAM! some random fucking brigands took it from us. Fortunately it is not the case.

UO0001.jpg

Our greek friends decided to land some troops in southern Italy. We didn't had any soldiers there so they probably hoped for easy conquest. Well, they will be dissapointed because we just hired army of mercenaries.

UO0002.jpg

And more greek friends. You know what? we are going to create warfleet. Proper warfleet, with proper war ships to stop any further greek expeditions. We are rich bastards so why not?

UO0001.jpg

Years have passed and finally we have opportunity to strike at Norici again.

UO0002.jpg

First we will attack from the east and start siege of Luvavoaeta...

UO0003.jpg

And now our western army have to go through this small Norici stack to cut-off main army with forts.

UO0004.jpg

Norici have nice hill and I'm not fan of that.

UO0005.jpg

But I'm fan of THAT. We are no longer yahoos with sticks sharpened in fire. We have sweet, sweet heavy cavalry with chainmails and iron helmets.

UO0007.jpg

Norici don't have any range units here so we can keep pounding them with our slingers and archers. They can't do anything about it unless they decide to abandon their hill (which I doubt they will).

UO0010.jpg

We are out of arrerz and bullits but we killed almost half of them.

UO0011.jpg

Now we shall attack them slightly from the left to avoid fighting uphill.

UO0014.jpg

And now let the stabfest begin!

UO0015.jpg

And we already have routing units.

UO0016.jpg

But our cavalry is ready to bring death and destruction but-charging them downhill.

UO0019.jpg

Our right flank is fucked but so is Norici right flank. No we will just keep butt-charging them with our cavalry untill they all run away.

UO0023.jpg

Which didn't take that long since we killed almost half of their army with slingers and archers. Main engagment didn't even last 2 minutes but we still managed to lost 700 men during it. Well, that's how shit goes when you fight shock-troops with 2 gold chevrons of experience. Now we can start building our forts.

UO0026.jpg

UO0027.jpg

What the fuck? Norici army just fucking attacked us standing on our fort (fort is not empty, we have full stack there).

UO0028.jpg

I don't even.

UO0044.jpg

And then we had nice bridge-battle which we won only thanks to time limit. I won't show you this battle because it didn't mattered anyway, game crashed after it.

UO0002.jpg

So I loaded the game and just auto-resolved it becasue outcome of this battle doesn't really matter.

UO0003.jpg

What matters is that it stopped teleporting god of war leading doomstack long enough for us to assault Luvavoaeta. We have 20:3 advantage so I will just autoresolve it.

UO0004.jpg

YOU KNOW WHAT? I THINK I WILL LOAD THE GAME AND DO THIS BATTLE MYSELF

UO0005.jpg

Ok, we have our shiny Mori Gaesum here, unfortunately most of them will die horribly.

UO0006.jpg

But we will take this fucking shithole no matter what!

UO0007.jpg

We have to soften defenders a bit so our archers and slingers shall keep pounding them while we ram the gates.

UO0008.jpg

That's all we could do, now we tell our Mori Gaesum to charge into the city.

UO0009.jpg

They will have to fight axemen, which is bad since Mori Gaesum are armored (axes are AP)

UO0011.jpg

It looks nice but we are actually losing, badly.

UO0012.jpg

We charged our cavalry through our Moris and enemy axemen and they managed to rout the enemy by butt-charge.

UO0015.jpg

Now we have to deal with two units of Neitos and Norici general. Their general is least scary unit since he have only Brihentin which are very squishy heavy cavalry.

UO0017.jpg

He won't be a problem but Neitos will.

UO0021.jpg

Fortunately some of them abandoned town square (Units in town squares won't flee no matter what).

UO0022.jpg

And we can swarm them with our cavalry.

UO0024.jpg

UO0046.jpg

FUCK YOUR INDIGENOUS CULTURE!

UO0047.jpg

We are merciful gods and we won't enslaved them if though they deserved it like no one else.

UO0048.jpg

Don't you try anything funny matey, we have your clay so you won't be able to just respawn.

UO0049.jpg

As you can se we are at war with Sauromatae.

UO0050.jpg

That's because Gawjam-Bastarnoz rebeled to us. That's good news because this province is our victory condition and Sautomatae are no longer any threat to us.

Update 33 - With friends like these (Also, Boii)

UO0001.jpg

Getai faction leader decided to pay us a visit and I doubt it will be a firendly visit.

UO0002.jpg

He buggered off but I decided to reinforce Illyrian garrisons because I trust Carthaginians more than our Getai friends.

UO0003.jpg

We finished construction of our Warfleet. Now we will send them to southern Italy to take care of greek fleet.

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg

Not very surprising. Dalminion and Vindobona have decent garrisons so I doubt Getai will be able to take anything from us.

UO0006.jpg

And we have armies near because losses during conquest of Noricum were not as high as I expected. I'm not afraid of Getai at all but I hoped we will have some more time to deal with Boii.

UO0007.jpg

UO0008.jpg

UO0008.jpg

SWEBOZ RULE ZE WAVES!

UO0009.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Get fucked Romanioa. We scared zeir pathetic king but nov kaptain Reikiweniz have to find him and kill him. Such is my vill and vill of Aigilaz in YUROP IS LAW!

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

We have forest battle AND horse-archers. Which means losses over the fucking roof.

UO0015.jpg

Doesn't matter, we will crush them and their smurf phalanx won't help them.

UO0016.jpg

Getai king charged our archers. Getai army is really nice but their general bodyguards are... well, shit to be honest. Usually it's nice to have "free" unit of cavalry in form of family member but those guys drop like flies and only general unit I liked less were Casse Cidanh.

UO0017.jpg

I decided to split our cavalry in two. One group will crush Getai right flank while other have mission to kill Getai king.

UO0019.jpg

I love our cavalry. They have armor piercing spears as a main weapon and they can switch to slashing shit with swords if you need them to do prolonged melee (and they can easily survive long engagment thanks to their armor).

UO0020.jpg

UO0021.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Losses doesn't mattres. What mattres is zat Getai king paid ultimate price for being fucking retard. Zere were times when if ze Getai said "jump" Sweboz would be liek, "how high?" but zose times are over and we rul zis joint.

UO0023.jpg

UO0024.jpg

Now we have to bring our doom army here because we don't have time to play around with Boii.

UO0001.jpg

I think we underestimated Getai stupidity. Now they decided to assault city with garrison clearly superior to their attack force.

UO0003.jpg

Who am I to question their decision? No point in defending the walls, we will welcome our friends and allies near town square.

UO0004.jpg

They have Falxmen but those guys are flanking units, they sould never charge from the front.

UO0006.jpg

They got decimated by javelins and broke upon contact with our Illyrian spearmen.

UO0008.jpg

And soon the rest of Getai force followed.

UO0010.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Go back to Romanioa.

UO0011.jpg

Holy fuck. Those guys are Boii, they hauled their asses to attack Sweboville. We have armies near but I seriously doubt we will able to defeat them.

UO0012.jpg

Now we have to keep pushing Getai while we fend off Boii. I knew that you can get attacked by Eleutheroi on Very Hard but I thought that only normal rebels and brigands can attack you.

UO0001.jpg

Goddamit they are everywhere!

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

We just lost our homeland :M

UO0005.jpg

DOUCHEBAGS!

UO0001.jpg

And we are about to lose Chatti homeland.

UO0002.jpg

Ok, we can try to take Sweboville back and hopefully Boii rapists won't sally forth.

UO0003.jpg

But war in the east is going great. Getai decided to give us Ak-Ink by relieving it with one fucking unit of Celtic Levy Spearmen.

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg

Our cavalry just ran them over and now we have to deal with Ak-Ink garrison. Unfortunately our eastern armies will have shortage of heavy cavalry because we kinda lost our homeland and we are about to lose rest of Germania.

UO0006.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Fucking Boii! I bet zey joined Romanioans for free just to piss us off.

UO0008.jpg

UO0009.jpg

We will just charge them and create mass-rout.

UO0011.jpg

Thanks for the city!

UO0012.jpg

UO0008.jpg

You have very nice population here. It vould be a shame if someone fucking ENSLAVED THEM ALL!

UO0001.jpg

We can recruit some Leuce Epos. They are nowhere near as badass as our heavy cavalry but they should suffice.

UO0002.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Defend your clay! don't let Boii enrich our wimmyns!

UO0003.jpg

Enemy don't have general and that's very good news for us.

UO0005.jpg

UO0007.jpg

And we have those nice narrow "streets" that won't let Boii use their numbers against us and force them to fight uphill.

UO0010.jpg

They are attacking from two sides but we have defenders there and quite large reserves.

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

Every Boii unit is busy getting stabbed so we can start flanking them with our cavalry and two units of Cheruscii swordsmen.

UO0014.jpg

And they will go here because we lost our terrain advantage in this place.

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

That was shitty uphill charge but it broke one unit. Now we will retreat our cavalry and let Cheruscii have some fun.

UO0018.jpg

UO0019.jpg

Situation here is resolved and now we can proceed to deal with main clusterfuck.

UO0023.jpg

UO0026.jpg

UO0028.jpg

No Chatti wimmyns for Boii!

UO0029.jpg

But now we have to take our homeland back.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
That is hilarious.

Quick question though. How do you get your troops to get so much experience? Is it a building? I have noticed that most of the barbarians that I fight have rather experienced troops when I can hardly get my troops a sing chevron if it isn't cavalry.

That is hilarious.

Quick question though. How do you get your troops to get so much experience? Is it a building? I have noticed that most of the barbarians that I fight have rather experienced troops when I can hardly get my troops a sing chevron if it isn't cavalry.

Yes, those are bonuses from the buildings, one of our alpine province have temple that gives crazy +3 experience to troops (it's not Suebic shrine so we can't build it ourselves). Usually it's pretty hard to gain experience when you do battles yourself so only our slingers "leveled up" in combat thanks to the fact that they have low casualties. Auto-resolving gives you crazy amount of experience and gives much higher chance of your general gaining command stars. That's why AI usually have more experienced troops than you do.

Ackermanus

Educated
Is your Iberian army still following the Carthaginian captain stack around? If so, wouldn't it be preferable to just attack them and be done with it? You'll likely suffer quite some losses, but at least you'll free up the army to reinforce the eastern front or use your MIGHTY warfleet to end the carthaginians for good (although that would take you near the... Ptole... egyptians).

Also, speaking of auto-resolve, this and the Seleucid walkthrough tempted me to replay RTW, since the only mod I ever played was RTR, but from what I remember (haven't touched the game in years) campaigns in the very hard difficult tended to eventually get boring because you have to fight every battle yourself because 1: autoresolve hates you in very hard and 2: the AI always has much larger armies than you. It's fun to follow them in a LP, but I don't know if I could withstand playing through them all myself. I could play the campaign in normal, but then I'd expect it would get too easy unless you autoresolved most things.

In any event, :brodex:. Will keep following with interest.

Is your Iberian army still following the Carthaginian captain stack around? If so, wouldn't it be preferable to just attack them and be done with it? You'll likely suffer quite some losses, but at least you'll free up the army to reinforce the eastern front or use your MIGHTY warfleet to end the carthaginians for good (although that would take you near the... Ptole... egyptians).

Also, speaking of auto-resolve, this and the Seleucid walkthrough tempted me to replay RTW, since the only mod I ever played was RTR, but from what I remember (haven't touched the game in years) campaigns in the very hard difficult tended to eventually get boring because you have to fight every battle yourself because 1: autoresolve hates you in very hard and 2: the AI always has much larger armies than you. It's fun to follow them in a LP, but I don't know if I could withstand playing through them all myself. I could play the campaign in normal, but then I'd expect it would get too easy unless you autoresolved most things.

In any event, :brodex:. Will keep following with interest.

That's true, RTW get's extremely tedious later on and that's why captain Adonibal is still alive (yup, our faction heir is still following this guy in Iberia :M ). But making LP forces me to take breaks between episodes so I can start "fresh" and not be annoyed too much by constant battles.

Update 34 - With friends like these (Also, Boii)

UO0001.jpg

Greeks think that we will be too busy fighting Getai to defend Illyria properly. Well, they are wrong, our MIC's are compatible with other barbarians so we don't have to bring armies from germania like we did during Romani wars, we can just rely on local troops and Illyrian troops are STRONG!

UO0002.jpg

Boii sitting in our homeland were about to surrender due to lack of food when some random brigands stack decided to relieve the city. RUN!

UO0003.jpg

I guess we don't have a choice now.

UO0004.jpg

I planned to be on defense here but I screwed up deployment. Now we have to quickly swarm brigands and prepare ourselves to fight Boii army.

UO0007.jpg

UO0010.jpg

I also sent our skirmishers to fuck with Boii. They suck at skirmishing and most of them got caught bu they managed to split Boii army in two.

UO0011.jpg

Now we can eliminate isolated units with extreme prejudice.

UO0012.jpg

Give bakc our clay!!!

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

They don't have real general so we can break them without getting them completely exhausted.

UO0019.jpg

The fact that our skirmishers are complete retards who can't skirmish proved to be a blessing. Boii army is all over the place and can't mount any organised resistance.

UO0020.jpg

Ou clay. Give it bakc. NAO!

UO0024.jpg

UO0025.jpg

This shit went better than I could have hoped but we didn't get our clay bakc.

UO0026.jpg

We will have to fight for it once again.

1.jpg

Our army tasked with taking Singidunum got attacked.

2.jpg

That's pretty nice army but not very flexible.

3.jpg

We will hide in the woods to minimize our casualties by not letting enemy throw their javelins at us.

4.jpg

It was standard "woods" battle, we lured enemy straight into our spearwall with our skirmishers.

5.jpg

And then encircled them with cavalry.

6.jpg

Few Getai soldiers managed to escape but not enough to be any threat, especially after we conquer Singidunum because I hope we will be able to recruit something there.

7.jpg

Then I autoresolved battle for Sweboville.

8.jpg

We have our homeland back and I think that Boii march have been stopped.

1.jpg

I think we won't be taking Singidunum right now, we have to retreat.

2.jpg

Fortunately Heruwulfaz decided to retreat to river crossing.

3.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Silly Getai, zis shit von't vork!

4.jpg

It didn't, it didn't verily.

5.jpg

We destroyed Greek fleet and Carthaganian navy met the same fate at the hands of pirates. Ships are so goddamn expensive in EB that even AI can't afford them so I decided it's the time to deal with last annoying enemy full-stacks on our shit because armies we raised to keep them in check costs us arm and a leg.

1.jpg

2.jpg

So long, gay boys!

3.jpg

Now let's just auto-resolve it.

4.jpg

:M

Whatever, this army was expendable anyway.

1.jpg

I was wrong, Carthaginian navy still exist. We will send our boats here and see if we can try to sunk it.

2.jpg

I tried to make a move on Naissos but Getai family member decided to cut us off.

3.jpg

He have small but very nice army.

4.jpg

But we are no push-overs either. I took another look at our naked wierdos from silesia and noticed that they have whooping 20 attack. That's ridiculous and I like it very much.

5.jpg

We were doing our standard skirmishing thing when Getai general charged straight into our Norici spearmen.

6.jpg

Very stupid of him, especialy since we had our Woithiz Watha near.

7.jpg

I got tired of micro managing our skirmishers so I let AI do that. Well, all of them got catched and routed but at least Getai finally charged our main spearwall.

8.jpg

Which allowed us to use our cavalry. Butt-charged completely crushed Getai infantry and even Agema Orditon and Scordisci elite swordsmen are routing.

9.jpg

1.jpg

And we started recruitment of another Army of Doom (tm) to deal with Boii once and for all. This may be harder than subjugating norici because there is a lot of open space near Eburonum where Boii doom stack can teleport and ruin our plans.

2.jpg

But that's for the future. Right now we have to deal with Getai which shouldn't be that much of a problem since we can count on local troops.

Blagrar

Arcane
That is hilarious.

Yes, those are bonuses from the buildings, one of our alpine province have temple that gives crazy +3 experience to troops (it's not Suebic shrine so we can't build it ourselves). Usually it's pretty hard to gain experience when you do battles yourself so only our slingers "leveled up" in combat thanks to the fact that they have low casualties. Auto-resolving gives you crazy amount of experience and gives much higher chance of your general gaining command stars. That's why AI usually have more experienced troops than you do.
Well, a Temple of Tiwoz gives +2 Experience and the Field of Games(Laikomotom) gives another +1, so you could have your troops start with 3 chevrons.
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?96629-Guide-to-Temples-in-Europa-Barbarorum

From the screenshots it looks like your troops start with only 1, what type of temple did you build?

That is hilarious.

Well, a Temple of Tiwoz gives +2 Experience and the Field of Games(Laikomotom) gives another +1, so you could have your troops start with 3 chevrons.
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?96629-Guide-to-Temples-in-Europa-Barbarorum

From the screenshots it looks like your troops start with only 1, what type of temple did you build?

In our homeland we have random cluster-fuck of temples I don't even know to be honest, didn't paid attention then. In newly conquered non-barbarian territories I build mostly Wotan temples for it's law bonuses. I don't think it was such a good idea because we lose around 15k mnai from corruption anyway and culture is a problem, not unrest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom