Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Europa Barbarorum (Arche Seleukeia)

Krivol

Magister
Ivar updates are rare recently. Only 2-3 per day. :(

Update 37 - Storm Over Europe II

UO0002.jpg

We are in process of completely removing Pyrrhus from the premises. After we conquer Sardike and Epidamnos we shall deal with random small Epeirotes stacks and then...

UO0003.jpg

... We shall land in southern Italy! So no fucking Magnesia for Romans, no siree.

UO0004.jpg

Goddamit, go sacrifice children elsewhere you cunts...

UO0005.jpg

Elite stack. But Pandotapoi Phalangitai are actually very good counter for African Elite Pikeman (they also form macedonian phalanx) because dem Africans with their shiny heavy armors will surely break Panda's formation, and Pandas have "armor piercing" secondary weapon (Well, axes, so it's not really "piercing" but you know what I mean).

UO0006.jpg

Yeah, you don't send armoured guys against dudes with axes.

UO0007.jpg

Korinthos surrendered but unfortunately game crashed when I clicked Enslave and after loading I didn't get this message and Korinthos got only "occupied".

UO0008.jpg

But we got full stack there so we should be fine.

UO0009.jpg

I also noticed that greek cities that are our "allies" and have puppet kings installed are happy as pigs in shit so I decided to make them pay higher taxes. It makes Hellas only part of our empire that have taxes higher than "low" (we are merciful gods).

UO0001.jpg

I don't really want Sardike, I just don't want Epeirotes to have it because it constantly sends small stacks at Tyllis.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

Epidamnos is also not our victory condition but you know, we are here so we might as well take it.

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg

ENSLAVE.

UO0006.jpg

SAME HERE.

UO0007.jpg

Ok, Sardike is useless for us, and people there are quite pissed that they got conquered, so let's try give it to Sauromatae.

UO0008.jpg

Nope, they don't want it.

UO0001.jpg

After taking a quick look at the south I think we might need Anti-Turban army afterall.

UO0002.jpg

We shall start by recruiting chartios becase CHARIOTS FUCK YEAH!

UO0003.jpg

There is justice in this world. Khiva declared independence and kicked Baktrian garrison out.

UO0004.jpg

We shall siege it immidiately.

UO0005.jpg

And now endless process of repelling Epeirote attacks begins (I'm not going to push into Dalmatia so no chance of removing Pyrrhus completely).

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg

If we won't calm Serdike down in next turn, it will rebell.

UO0008.jpg

We are installing puppet king in Serdike and Carthage decided to pay us visit again.

UO0009.jpg

With another elite stack.

UO0010.jpg

Kyrene garrison soon will be more experienced than Sarpedon's army.

UO0001.jpg

Since Baktrians are loosing ground to Sauromatae I decided to help steppe people a little by taking shithole of Chach, we need it and it is quite close to Baktra so now was as good time as any.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

This siege went pretty fucking bad for Epeirotes, I must say.

UO0004.jpg

Meanwhile, our loyal persian army reached Gerrha and its garrison decided to sally forth. We need Gerrha to win the game so it's not like I'm wasting persian lives for nothing.

UO0005.jpg

And only one dude died anyway.

UO0006.jpg

ENSLAVE.

UO0007.jpg

Greece is pacified and now it's the time to land in Italia. Too bad we didn't bring any elephants because it's kind of a tradition for wannabe conquerors to bring elephants to Italy for shits and giggles.

UO0008.jpg

Also, our experimental army reached Uspe.

UO0001.jpg

Armenians decided to lift the siege, it's time to test our FINEST CREATION!

UO0002.jpg

Shit...

UO0003.jpg

To bad we didn't fucking researched testudo formation.

UO0004.jpg

Well, at least important guys are pretty well armoured.

UO0005.jpg

First field test of new army style started great, I deployed them all wrong.

UO0006.jpg

Turn around girls!

And then fucking RUN TOWARDS THEM BEFORE THEY BLOT OUT THE SUN!

UO0007.jpg

Ok, they have one melee unit.

UO0008.jpg

Benny Hill song would be appropriate here.

UO0009.jpg

We chased them around a little, then our slingers killed Armenian general and mass rout begun.

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

After Armenians from Sarmatian steppes (SARMENIANS! U SEE? SAR-MENIANS) failed to blot out the sun, our cheerful company of horse-archers is getting ready to take Khiva from rebels, who took it from Baktrians who took it from us after we took it from Parthians who took it from us (And we took it from Antigonos who inherited it after death of Alexandros, who took it from Persians... this city has fucking complicated history).

UO0014.jpg

UO0015.jpg

And we enslaved the shit out of it.

UO0016.jpg

It's time to take Taras and make them Romans our neighbours.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
So are the Romans still using hastati-principes-triarii or are they using marian legionaires? Isn't the reform around 200-something?

So are the Romans still using hastati-principes-triarii or are they using marian legionaires? Isn't the reform around 200-something?

I keep spies in Italy and from what I saw Romans are still using Camillan troops, which means unarmored hastati-principes and hoplite style triari. Polybian reform should kicked in some time ago, and that would mean a world of difference since we always had problems with heavily armoured infantry. But I yet have to see any Polybian troops on roman side. I think rape Marian reform depends on the size of republic, not the year/infrastructure so they should not have it for some time (preferably, ever).

Ok:

Marian Reform:

-At least the year 172BC
-Have more than 6 Latifundia built in Italy
-Hold at least 45 settlements
-Have a character that is:
Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
Popularis
Consul or Ex-Consul
Has Influence > 2
Has Command > 2
OR
-Conquer 90 settlements.

I don't think they will ever have marian reform in this campaign.

Polybian:

-At least year 242
-Hold 2 of these cities (Segesta, Mediolanum, Patavium, Bononia)
-Hold 2 of these cities (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse)
OR
-Wait until 210BC
(You get the new units only after upgrading your MICs.)

Punic wars never started (and Romans don't have anything in Sicily) so they have to wait till 210BC for Polybian reform.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I think you won't have much problems with Romans then unless they recruit loads of the Italian heavy infantry which was better than camillan heavy infantry.

Update 38 - Storm Over Europe II (Remove Pizza)

UO0001.jpg

Turbans decided to be sneaky and avoiding well garrisoned Petra decided to attack Bostra. Unfortunately for them, we have army 1 season away from bostra.

UO0002.jpg

Chach is still raging, but we are installing client ruler there so they should calm down next turn.

UO0003.jpg

Epeirotes have at least one full stack and one or two small armies in southern Italy. I was hoping that sieging Taras will force them to attack us and I think it's working.

UO0005.jpg

Garrison of Taras is dead now we have to wait for their full stack to attack us.

UO0006.jpg

And here they come. This is battle between Arche Seleukeia and Epeiros but fate of Roman Republic is at stake here, if we beat the crap out of this army, we will take Taras, and with foothold in Italy, we soon shall dine Pizza.

UO0007.jpg

We have complete "phalanx superiority" here, but we are lacking in light infantry to cover our flanks.

UO0008.jpg

UO0009.jpg

It looks like epeirotes will throw their heavy infantry at our center and flanking will be done by light infantry/skirmishers.

UO0010.jpg

They don't have good enough infantry our heavy enough cavalry to do what Parthians did in their last battle - rip our phalanx line apart throwing everything at our center. Also, any flanking by light infantry done in our left won't work because this side is protected by OP piece of bullshit unit glorious Gaulic mercenaries.

UO0011.jpg

Whatever they will try to do now, our phalanx got this shit so we are free to concentrate at using our cavalry.

UO0012.jpg

This is picture that will be posted in "Seleukeia Times" after we win this, because it's only way to pretend we fought organized resistance and not some random tribals fighting for their huts.

UO0014.jpg

Epeirotes infantry is too busy getting killed by our phalangitai so we ordered our cavalry to kill scropion crew and then rout enemy archers.

UO0015.jpg

They finally decided to attack our weak right flank. We have only couple Thureophoroi there and those guys won't hold Thorakitai for long.

UO0017.jpg

Naked dudes are occupied by peltastai and our cavalry is busy winning this battle so Thureophoroi are on their own for some time.

UO0019.jpg

Captain of Epeirotes army just commited suicide by charging our cavalry.

UO0020.jpg

And it broked their center without any need of butt-charging.

UO0021.jpg

Thorakitai are still fighting though. Naked dudes are done with peltastai so let's send them here to help.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

And Thorakitai routed before gauls get anywhere close them.

UO0025.jpg

And that's it.

UO0026.jpg

Some of them escaped but we are free to take Taras.

We are so far from our recruitment center that it's not even funny, we will have to rely on mercenaries so - propaganda war in southern Italy beings:

freedum.JPG

"SELEUKEIA TIMES"

Italians, friends of Seleucus!

Support our troops in Italy! They fight for YOUR freedom!

Say NO to worst italians, Romani terrorists, oppresors that smells!
Enlist in "ITALY FREEDOM FIGHTERS CORPS" nao!

Get bakc your clay and let our warcry be:

SELEUKEIA FUCK YEAH!

UO0027.jpg

Freedom is the only way, but slavery comes first.

UO0029.jpg

Sweboz surrendered to Romans.

UO0002.jpg

But our propaganda war is working and we formed FIRST CORPS OF ITALIAN FREEDOM FIGHTERS (And we financed it by enslaving italians in Taras).

UO0001.jpg

Final goal is to remove pizza, but first we have to remove Epeiros who are but a tool in hands of Romani.

UO0002.jpg

Brave italian freedomfighters, not afraid of anything and shit.

UO0005.jpg

First step of creating Free Italia (Under warm and fuzzy patronate of Seleukeia).

UO0006.jpg

Ok, now let's deal with this annoying little turban stack.

UO0012.jpg

WEEEEE!

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg

Baktria have only one small village left. I told my cheerful company of horse-archers to loot the shit out of it and then let it rebell to someone (I don't want it, I just want to destroy Baktria).

UO0019.jpg

Fucking Carthage maan.

UO0020.jpg

They are not learning animals.

UO0021.jpg

Worst italians declared war! we didn't start the fire!

UO0022.jpg

I send out some spies to see what they have near us and it turned out that Romani had Polybian reform afterall.

UO0023.jpg

Yup, Principes and Hastati will now be armored and Triari no longer fights in hoplite style. Doesn't matter, brave italian freedomfighters can overcome chainmails with their STRONG!

Update 39 - Storm Over Europe II (Remove Pizza)

UO0001.jpg

Romani mobilize for war so we have to pacify Taras ASAP. Therefore, Imperator Italicus will be installed as puppet king First Free Ruler of Free Italia(tm).

UO0002.jpg

Uspe surrendered to Army That Fought in the Shade (tm).

UO0003.jpg

Baktrians launch desperate attack hoping to stop our Cheerful Company of Horse-Archers. I played as Sauromatae so I have some experience in using horse-archers. And putting soldiers in loose formation and skirmish mode don't take a fucking genius anyway.

UO0004.jpg

Yeah, only Baktrian general survived.

UO0005.jpg

Keeping Uspe in not only unnecessary, it's huge liability because it might revolt and spawn doomstack. I decied to offer it to Sauromatae as a gift.

UO0006.jpg

Awww yiss, they accepted.

UO0007.jpg

... Now they probably will declare war becuse we are on their territory.

UO0008.jpg

Romani are bringing armies near Taras so Italian Freedomfighters have to take Rhegion as soon as possible. I don't want to fight romans with our national army unless it's completely necessary (we have to ferry troops from Ipsos, through greece, to southern italy, total of 2 sea voyages, our fleet is fucking pathetic so that's two too many).

UO0009.jpg

Ok guys, enough of this siege crap. Get your asses on siege towers and get bakc your clay crushing Romani tools like skull of pig.

UO0001.jpg

Seleukeia FUCK YEAH!

UO0002.jpg

Heavy price was paid to liberate Rhegion, but such is life of freedom fighters.

UO0003.jpg

ENSLAVE! LIBERATE!

UO0004.jpg

What do you mean Taken by our soldiers? it was Liberated by Freedom Fighters :troll:

UO0005.jpg

Pillaging Rhegion donations from thankful civilians allowed us to recruit more freedom fighters so Free Italian Army is even more STRONG!

UO0006.jpg

I decided to leave our faction heir in Taras and move our army out because If we absolutely have to fight Romans with our faction army, I prefer open field battle.

UO0001.jpg

This is so turban like. They know we are busy bringing FREEDOM to italy so they decided to attack.

UO0002.jpg

... That's this rebellion stack from Carna.

UO0003.jpg

They fucking attacked us with stack of stone chucking beggars! INSOLENCE!

UO0008.jpg

Blessing of Illmaquh is not enough to protect them and they lost half of their men before they even reached our phalanx.

UO0009.jpg

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

Ok, let's just charge them.

UO0013.jpg

Hetairoi are new way for Seleukeia. Times of heavy kataphraktoi and unwieldy sack of potates phalanx are slowly at end.

UO0014.jpg

thug.JPG

I Didn't Choose The Hetairoi Life, I'm slave owning, taxes paying, free citizen who happens to own a horse The Hetairoi Life Chose Me

UO0016.jpg

UO0017.jpg

UO0019.jpg

UO0021.jpg

UO0022.jpg

To be honest I'm completely dissapointed with scythed chariots, they are slow as fuck and do next to no damage. Only thing they do fast is getting tired. Hetairoi are cool though.

UO0024.jpg

I did something that might bite us in the ass. I sent our Seleukid army to pacify Rhegion and then moved our Italian Freedom Fighters to challenge Roman Legions. But FREEDOM! shall overcome roman discipline and chainmails shall be broken by STRONG!

UO0001.jpg

Shit, Ptolemais-Theron rebelled (I didn't even noticed it was unhappy) and spawned stack with elephants. Well, we don't need this town so whatever.

UO0002.jpg

Look at those cowards! Roman legion avoided fighting Free Italia Army and decided to starve and enslave poor people of Taras!

UO0003.jpg

COME OUT AND FIGHT US LIKE A MAN!

UO0004.jpg

GODS ARE ITALIAN! ITALIA BEST COUNTREY, ROMANS GIVE BAKC OUR CLAY! FREE ITALIA STRONG!

UO0005.jpg

They have higher ground and numbers advantage because garrison of Taras (900 men) won't take part in this battle.

UO0007.jpg

Also, they have big-ass shields and heavy chainmails, we have only bad intentions and STRONG!. But they lack in one thing - Archers.

UO0008.jpg

We will walk up this hill, letting romans run towards us and then we shall stop and shoot the shit out of them with archers forcing them to fall back a little. This should give us the hill and tire enemy soldiers, making superior weapons useless.

UO0009.jpg

STOP!

UO0010.jpg

Go away! it's our hill, we called dibs!

UO0011.jpg

Now we have to make few more steps...

UO0012.jpg

Throw pointy shit at them from the bushes...

UO0013.jpg

UO0015.jpg

And then order general charge not giving romans even a fucking second to throw their pila.

UO0016.jpg

FREEDOM!

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg

SIGNA FERTE!

UO0019.jpg

Mea navis volitans anguillis plena est!

UO0020.jpg

UO0021.jpg

Numidian Gaulic cavalry finishes encirclement of Roman Legion.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

UO0025.jpg

UO0026.jpg

UO0027.jpg

Destruction of Roman legion best day of freedom fighters lives!

UO0028.jpg

Let them know that Helenos Pergamou Mysiakes vodi itale svoje, nokog se ne boje.

UO0029.jpg

There is still quite a few of them in southern italy but they all shall be removed.

Update 40 - Veni, Vidi... Vat? (Gaius Marius coming to save the motherfucking day)

UO0001.jpg

There is another legion waiting to be destroyed by Freedom Fighters, unfortunately we can't reach them this turn.

UO0002.jpg

Some bullshit small stacked besieged Taras but we shall deal with it in a moment.

UO0004.jpg

First we must prepare another basket of roman rings for Basileus in greece.

UO0005.jpg

... Wat? What sorcery is this?! Doesn't matter, they shall be crushed like a skull of pig.

UO0006.jpg

Roman cowards deployed on a hill on the left, instead of fighting us like a real men.

UO0007.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Hills, Marian reform First Cohorts, it's all nothing compared to STRONG! of our freedom fighters.

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

There they are, fucking cheating AI man.

UO0012.jpg

They are advancing in this stupid-ass chessboard formation, we shall throw pointy shit in their general direction and then we shall colapse on them with fury and STRONG!

UO0013.jpg

UO0014.jpg

Roman cavalry, bah! they are not worth fertilizer their horses produce.

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

Roman cav routed and we are free to collapse our left flank on their infantry.

UO0017.jpg

Our center is fighting uphill but I hope they will hold long enough for us to completely encircle romans.

UO0018.jpg

Gauls! "eat heart and take breakfast!" (All rights reserved Cassidy) because tommorow we shall liberate cisalpine gaul!

UO0020.jpg

Our center is thin as shit of a snake but we are slowly encircling the enemy.

UO0021.jpg

UO0022.jpg

UO0024.jpg

UO0025.jpg

Git 'em my Gauls!

UO0027.jpg

UO0028.jpg

UO0029.jpg

Gaulic cavalry completely fucked up roman left flank and we can finish encirclement of this legion.

UO0030.jpg

I spit in the eyes and flag of your eagle!

UO0032.jpg

First cohort ripped our centre so I had to send in archers to fill the gaps.

UO0033.jpg

UO0034.jpg

Fuck your marian bullshit cheats!

UO0035.jpg

... Ok, we don't have center anymore and romans broke our encirclement.

UO0037.jpg

NO! COME BACK! WE GOT THIS SHIT!

UO0038.jpg

Seriosly guys, we had it. Only thing I can do now is to cover retreat of our infantry.

UO0040.jpg

It's over, but we are going to take this unit with us.

UO0041.jpg

Ok, now we have to GTFO.

UO0042.jpg

FAK U ROEMANS U CHEATIN'

UO0043.jpg

But freedom fighters will endure, and in enduring grow STRONG!

UO0001.jpg

We shall vent our frustration on some small bullshit stack.

UO0002.jpg

Or not. They just left the field.

UO0003.jpg

We spend most of our resources to finance war in Italy but we continue our advance in the east with what we have there. It should be enough unless Sauromatae declare war on us. Baktria and Armenia are pretty much dead in the water, and saka rauka can't even launch one serious attack.

What's with letting the AI cheat? Poor form. :rpgcodex:

Well, AI in Rome: Total War (actually, in every total war game) is so horrible that EB mod had to give it enourmous amounts of money to make game even remotely challenging. Upkeep cost of units is also much higher so player can't field large armies. I think AI get's 10000 mnai for free per turn from Very Hard campaign difficulty and also another simillar mount from EB campaign script, also EB scripts makes sure that AI never goes completely broke so even faction with one province can keep fighting. I just looked at faction rating and Casse (guys in britain) are richer than we are.

It leads to infamous "Yellow blob of Death" (Ptolemaioi) stack spam but we avoided it by destroying Ptolemaioi early on. Playing on "hard" battle difficulty works fine for making up for AI utter stupidity but it's not recommended in EB. Apart from money bonuses AI also have "god-like" generals, and player generals are constantly nerfed, so for example, Roman army with general and legionary eagle could be completely unbeatable because morale bonuses from difficulty setting, general influence and "eagle" stacks, you simply couldn't brake them no matter what and unit statistic in EB tries to emulate simple fact that not many people died during battles until one side started to rout (Battles in vanilla can takes as much as three minutes because whole units dies upon contact with phalanx).

But I didn't know AI can cheats itself reforms... I thought only we can do that :troll:

But at least we were "fair" in our cheating, I gave our family members necessary traits couple years after we should historically get the reform. Romans should not have marian units before 172 B.C

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
It leads to infamous "Yellow blob of Death" (Ptolemaioi) stack spam

I actually endured that for a while after conquering Cyrenaica from rebels. I tried to patiently wait for 80 BC, so I could properly LARP the increasing Roman involvement in Egyptian affairs... but I couldn't stand the tedium of the Ptolemaioi constantly declaring war on me (despite me cheating-forcing them to accept peace and generally being well capable of obliterating them) and feeding countless stacks into the meat grinder of my legions. So I finally vassalised Aegyptus several generations before the actual event.

I actually endured that for a while after conquering Cyrenaica from rebels. I tried to patiently wait for 80 BC, so I could properly LARP the increasing Roman involvement in Egyptian affairs... but I couldn't stand the tedium of the Ptolemaioi constantly declaring war on me (despite me cheating-forcing them to accept peace and generally being well capable of obliterating them) and feeding countless stacks into the meat grinder of my legions. So I finally vassalised Aegyptus several generations before the actual event.

Does forcing protectorate makes them stop attacking you forever? because I thought about installing Forced Diplomacy mod but I decided it is pointless if I have to force ceasefire every turn.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Does forcing protectorate makes them stop attacking you forever? because I thought about installing Forced Diplomacy mod but I decided it is pointless if I have to force ceasefire every turn.

More or less. They can break away if you attack someone they're allied with. Or when that someone attacks you. But that just means you have to re-vassalise them once per every new war.

More or less. They can break away if you attack someone they're allied with. Or when that someone attacks you. But that just means you have to re-vassalise them once per every new war.

Thanks, that's good to know. It might be useful in dealing with Epeirotes without completely destroying them (we don't have to and they no longer own anything we need).

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Maybe a stupid question, but how do you make it so that your skirmishers are in front of your infantry when you right-click-and-drag to show the formation and direction of your troops? I think I remember there being a button to do that in Medieval 2, or something, but I could not find it in R:TW.

Does this mod actually have events? I remember in my Roman campaign getting a message after moving on Sicily that said that it would spark war between me and Carthage, but nothing happened for three turns, so I just attacked them.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you make it so that your skirmishers are in front of your infantry when you right-click-and-drag to show the formation and direction of your troops? I think I remember there being a button to do that in Medieval 2, or something, but I could not find it in R:TW.

Does this mod actually have events? I remember in my Roman campaign getting a message after moving on Sicily that said that it would spark war between me and Carthage, but nothing happened for three turns, so I just attacked them.

I don't right click and drag when I move whole army because it screws up my formation. I put soldiers as I want them to be and then use alt+right click (trying to nail the center, which is very problematic) to make them move keeping initial facing and formation.

Taking Messana will spark a war with Carthage. I think war starts after two turns of siege. I checked this event few days ago (as Carthage, I don't play Republican Rome for religious reasons) and it works for sure.

Update 41 - Veni, Vidi... Vat? (Tear of an Eagle)

UO0001.jpg

I lanuched offensive to retake Gava-Hamogavra and kick Saka out of eastern provinces we have to conquer. Unfortunately I put our army in forested area so we have to retreat because I'm absolutely horrible at forest battles.

UO0002.jpg

This place SHOULD be open field, but EB can pull forest out of it's ass even in sarmatian steppes.

UO0003.jpg

Ok, that's nice open field. Reason I don't want to fight in forest (even against horse archers) is A) I can't see shit (and AI can) B) Our slingers are useless in forest and we need them to murder Saka mounted nobles (Slingers are absolutely devastating against armoured targets).

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg

Balearic slingers used lead bullets which, supposedly, cracked helmets and were capable of killing even armoured soldiers. Slingers in RTW kinda sucked so EB gave them all lead bullets and "armor piercing" abilities making them complete beasts.

UO0006.jpg

Ok, we killed quite a few nobles and Saka foot archers are approaching so we have to prepare general charge.

UO0007.jpg

UO0011.jpg

UO0013.jpg

UO0015.jpg

Saka had some cavalry in reserve (Again, tunnel vision kicked in and I didn't noticed them) and they managed to kill most of our Thureopheroi in sudden charge but I'm overall happy with this battle.

UO0016.jpg

UO0017.jpg

Baktrians tries to lift the siege of their last city, we have cheerfull company of horse-archers here but I don't think we will have enough arrows to kill 4 baktrian family members (their bodyguards are cataphracts).

UO0018.jpg

And they have one unit of armoured elephants. Well, crap.

UO0019.jpg

There is no point in shooting elephants, puny arrows can't do shit against them. We will shoot what infantry they got, make elephants chase us and then charge them when they are exhausted.

UO0023.jpg

Backstab 3x damage.

UO0024.jpg

Jesus christ, he killed armoured elephant with world's tiniest knife.

UO0026.jpg

Than we gang-raped rest while they were still in shock. But that's all we can do here, we are out of arrerz and we can't hope to kill 4 general bodyguards, let's retreat and come back next turn.

UO0030.jpg

UO0001.jpg

I thought about using Forced Diplomacy to make Epeirotes our protectorate but I decided against it. They have most of sicily, Illyria/Dalmatia and probably know that we might take sicily from them, but we can't afford to kicked them out of Illyria because that's would be too much of a investement (it's far away and puppet governments are expensive) so I don't think they would accept even if AI was not retarded.

UO0004.jpg

We won the battle and lifted the siege, unfortunately we lost general in the process and we have to recruit new one.

UO0001.jpg

Our Seleukid army is dealing with epeirotes in sicily so it is Free Italian Army responsibility to defend Taras and Rhegion. We have to destroy what is left of Roman Legion that defeated us last time before they join up with other romans.

UO0002.jpg

It's exactly same place but we have more soldiers than they have, and I will do what I can to not fight uphill this time.

UO0003.jpg

More gauls joined us in hope that victory here will be but a step to liberate their homeland in the north.

UO0004.jpg

Also, we recruited some strange-ass dudes. What they are I don't even.

UO0009.jpg

First we have to make our way up the hill to fight on even ground. Romans tries to stop us, but their attempts are half-assed at best.

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

Actually, they attempt to stop us might be half-assed but they confuse the shit out of me to be honest. They run their infantry near us, throw pila and then cavalry covers their retreat, it might be complete coincidence but it looks like fucking planned skirmishes.

UO0013.jpg

Give us the hill you dicks!

UO0014.jpg

Those guys didn't have cavalry support and got swarmed. Now we have to regroup and continue our advance.

UO0016.jpg

They do this crazy shit again.

UO0019.jpg

Ok, that's not skirmishing that's funniest thing on earth - Roman cavalry charge.

UO0020.jpg

Even weirdos in women dresses can deal with roman cav, but Polybian Triarii are completely different thing.

UO0021.jpg

Fortunately our southern gaellic allies were near.

UO0023.jpg

Then I noticed dudes carrying legionnary eagle charging us, that's best indication that they stopped fucking around.

UO0025.jpg

Legionnary Eagle acts as "morale booster" for nearby romans, and as a walking target for anyone else.

UO0026.jpg

First Cohort is broken and it means that everyone one else will start running away soon.

UO0027.jpg

Bastard carrying the eagle managed to get away, we will send Gauls after him.

UO0028.jpg

Give us the eagle and we will let you live!

UO0029.jpg

They lied, we killed him.

UO0030.jpg

Many brave italians died but such is price of freedom (and legionnary eagle).

UO0031.jpg

We might have lost last battle but we have yo eagle now, biatches.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I never knew that you can capture legionary eagles in EB. All those times playing Carthage wasted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom