Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Disciples of Steel

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
When you have Perception around 380-390 you get information about most of secret doors. Basicly i stopped "checking" for doors manualy and finished last (biggest) dungeon. So getting high Perception is only way to avoid this "feature".

kofeur

Liturgist
kofeur, it may also interest you to know that in three major play-throughs (albeit only one to completion) I've never used a monk. I had no idea that they could enable a party to overcome higher level enemies than an equivalent level party without one. I've always avoided monks because I like tinkering with armor and weapons, but wow, being able to stun is clearly a big plus.

I can definitely understand not using the monk because you want to tinker with armor. It is a weird class to have in a fantasy RPG as it's a class that absolutely needs no loot at least in terms of equipment (you could have special technique scrolls as loot if the system allowed for it) . That being said I think that this game has one of the best mechanics dealing with unarmed combat. It's not just an alternative to weapons as it does too little damage, but it's not useless either because it has such a high stun ability. So it really gave it a unique playing style that almost no other RPG has done. I can only think of an obscure game called Requital which had an interesting mechanic for unarmed as it damaged stamina instead of health. And when stamina was at 0, the enemy would be knocked down, but that is for another thread I guess, when I finish this LP :)

Anyway back to the monk, he's the boss killer of the game because of his stun ability. And I really needed that ability to defeat the Fire Giant of the Hollenguard quest early on in this LP. I was doing this mission way too early, but I wanted to do it to see if I would have problems with the Ogre mission that comes later. At the time when I played the game in the 90s, I had never managed to get past the Ogre quest, because the ruler would never recognise the ogre remains for some reasons (I didn't have the patch back then), so I needed to check early on if I would have a problem with that.

Of course with enough grinding, any character can kill the giant, but I didn't have the patience for that, and my best bet was the monk, why?

- Stun ability: When you are good enough to hit the enemy consistently, you will always stun him and keep him stunned. So as long as I could stun the giant, I was sure to kill him without allowing him to land a single attack. If I had done that with a warrior, I would need to be at a much higher level, because the giant would kill my warrior directly after eating all his attacks (the warrior needs much more training and much better equipment to be able to handle a fire giant on his own). Also keep in mind that a stunned enemy is easier to hit, so I can keep him in a stun with the monk and finish him with the high damage warrior or knight.

-Fastest learner: the monk gets the most experience out of any encounter if you use him normally. Now that has to do with the experience system of the game. It rewards for every hit you land I think, so if you one shot an enemy you get less experience than if you use 3 - 4 attacks to kill him. The monk dealing less damage needs a lot of hits to kill an enemy because of his lower damage output so he gets much more experience. I noticed that when I had to quickly level up my party to deal with that Fire Giant. I took my monk and warriors on their own to train them. On a similar encounter the monk would get about 3 times more experience than the warriors or the ranger. Couple that with the fact that unarmed is the cheapest skill to level up, and you get your best striker in early - mid game.

In end game, he becomes less useful as the warriors get equipment that increase their to-hit tremendously, especially the sly sword from the death knight. With 400 in edged, your to hit is more than 700, much more than a monk can ever hope to achieve. The ranger on the other hand doesn't have a high to-hit with bows, I guess it has to do with the fact that he can safely get one aimed shot per round anyway. It's very well balanced in this regards.

Bottom line: if you don't know how to use the monk, then he is useless indeed. If you do, he adds a lot of options to your party and allows you to tackle enemies that would be too strong otherwise.

kofeur

Liturgist
Curious, so this power-levelling, are you doing it within the continuous game-time, or effectively doing it on a different time-line by levelling the character and then adding that leveled character to a party you start the game with such that the game is started with that highly leveled character? Since from the start the clock is ticking towards the deadline, I've always had in mind efficiency albeit without compromising much if at all on enjoying play.

Well I was off to a slow start, but the biggest time waster is overland travel. Now that I use transport for all my movement needs, and considering I never ever camped in this game (Your characters recover quickly while walking around), I have more than enough time.

Incidentally regarding dungeon secret doors, since there are so many and since there is no reliable way for your characters to detect them for you, I've always had the practice of pushing against each and every single wall that did not border against an area I'd already explored i.e. step one, push against walls, step two, push against walls, step three etc. This is one of the dimensions of the game I'm not crazy about.

I agree, that's what I do. I didn't do it in the first few dungeons and have missed a few secret doors. But have been doing it all the time since then.

When you have Perception around 380-390 you get information about most of secret doors. Basicly i stopped "checking" for doors manualy and finished last (biggest) dungeon. So getting high Perception is only way to avoid this "feature".

I have perception 410 at the moment, and my thief still missed a few secret doors

kofeur

Liturgist
Errands

Ok let's go to Aragaul, Elf kingdom

LSxlH.jpg

Doesn't look much like an elf...

Anyway what's the first mission

waiMI.jpg

0ADOY.jpg

Herb hunting, let's go!

Here it is

DxEsE.jpg

MN5ti.jpg

Let's go back

TM8ap.jpg

Next mission?

PY1bW.jpg

More herb hunting, luckily I had one in the guild vault

tZFfv.jpg

Next mission?

1eexW.jpg

BdvD0.jpg

This guy doesn't seem to be the merciful type

Rpxtm.jpg

Let's go meet the Lord of Kitari

aVxUm.jpg

First thing he tells me

ORPN9.jpg

I guess it's that dungeon I did where I found my first backstabbing dagger...

Next mission?

0YxqX.jpg

HLmC0.jpg

Herb hunting again! It's the same plant that the pirate asked me for, anyway...

ww9Cd.jpg

Back to the Lord of the desert

wboOO.jpg

Even more herb hunting

dIHBp.jpg

Looking for the herb we find a cave...

Nnbo2.jpg

I'm sure it has something to do with a future quest, I will leave it for later...

Another interesting discovery

nOrOH.jpg

That definitely has to do with the Elven quest line

Found the herb again

PG6J1.jpg

He's happy with it

zZGRS.jpg

Next mission?

yigZ3.jpg

I have this one in my vault

4oPgU.jpg

Finally the mission I was looking for

XZmrJ.jpg

Here you go

08gJw.jpg

Iq8jB.jpg

Back to our Elvish lord

cklbA.jpg

Next mission?

WfQbO.jpg

Wow this guy is really after trying to erase famine from the world!

h2Uhb.jpg

Never thought, a party of 8 characters could carry enough food for a kingdom!

Let's go meet the lord of Constantium

eXBan.jpg

Impressive!

No word about the famine plaguing his kingdom...

FgSg3.jpg

Let's go get his tribute...

26iu4.jpg

ErZiE.jpg

zDi8t.jpg

That is the Mithril I got them from the dwarves!

He's happy

pp8no.jpg

IBw3z.jpg

Let's bring it back

Yeqv4.jpg

Ok, are they hungry now?

Akdj2.jpg

zegSx.jpg

Nope but we get to go Jabberling hunting!

kofeur

Liturgist
The wizard who played with fire

So let's go do that mission for Constantium, the one that involves killing Jabberlings!

This is the cave we found earlier while looking for herbs

rfx3P.jpg

JacE0.jpg

eEfJi.jpg

Indeed it's the right place

WgQrb.jpg

First encounter

CF290.jpg

QWZ0O.jpg

It's already that time of the year?

viurs.jpg

First door

ejS99.jpg

vpg1M.jpg

More Jabberling

WdBzW.jpg

m8bTT.jpg

And going through the first door, we find...

w1fwl.jpg

JlONe.jpg

Nobody survived

Through the other door?

LvRFE.jpg

blg7X.jpg

Their families are quite numerous

xQ3Eq.jpg

None of the neighbours survived

Area clear!

OroQy.jpg

In the next area, another family... I've got the feeling I'll be saying this often...

0pnJx.jpg

JlONe.jpg

... We are clearing a village after all

Exploring further we end up in a nice crossroad

WXx0B.jpg

Going left we find...

RFeWf.jpg

Yep, that's right, another family

RFeWf.jpg

Let's go right

KYkUl.jpg

What a surprise

wv3JM.jpg

VMUEN.jpg

Secret door

E1a4Z.jpg

What's behind this door?

CimPD.jpg

Another secret door

WElxk.jpg

Behind a secret door

89G1L.jpg

PtHKa.jpg

Here's our elf

5t9kO.jpg

I'll take his remains just in case

kLLy1.jpg

That is the secret door

j2dj4.jpg

In the room we find

kZ10o.jpg

q16LX.jpg

And following that corridor, we find another secret door

GjUMR.jpg

And...

lfmH1.jpg

You guessed it

zMm3X.jpg

Charming!

iEh0E.jpg

Let's head back

AoKGt.jpg

Ok this leaves that big room to explore

That must be the last family

7tFru.jpg

vy6UO.jpg

It looks like there is a secret room here, but there isn't

5yYbQ.jpg

And in the last unexplored part of the dungeon

wB0yY.jpg

HVefG.jpg

uaqRg.jpg

Fpng5.jpg

Not a great weapon...

Let's head back to the lord

PDBa8.jpg

Next mission?

koBi8.jpg

2yHUU.jpg

Let's go to Kitari, luckily I am at the right mission

LtA27.jpg

ceb7x.jpg

Back to Constantium

rPnDD.jpg

bXthW.jpg

Next mission?

HvJdD.jpg

oebvM.jpg

We'll have to finish off that wizard, but first let's quickly head back to Kitari

85Vms.jpg

Next mission?

MvQJY.jpg

vQWke.jpg

Cool we'll have to kill a reagent! But that will have to wait for now

Let's find the wizard's tower

G3eMT.jpg

6r4GS.jpg

Yep, we're at the right place

UBXyr.jpg

Indeed

7rKmO.jpg

Classic crossroad

uj4UI.jpg

Going to the left

uy9RU.jpg

EJ1eA.jpg

These are a random encounter

uMvSj.jpg

So the tower is indeed full of demons...

This place is also full of traps

Ysmni.jpg

And the undead

tQxrk.jpg

48U5x.jpg

Secret door

jkWfA.jpg

And another secret door

XHJKw.jpg

And we get to this room

cj2cK.jpg

nlBjS.jpg

The vampire doesn't feel superior anymore

4FfTo.jpg

For a good reason I guess

Behind another secret door, we find stairs leading up

GcDMe.jpg

Going up we find a door

Arulv.jpg

nHMHA.jpg

hmm...

kyvzn.jpg

Before trying to pick the lock, let's see if we can find a key

Going down, we find other stairs leading up

YaS63.jpg

XKMwR.jpg

And here, we don't find a locked door but...

wEd5J.jpg

JMs7z.jpg

He didn't last long

And as soon as we finished him off, we meet some new monsters as a random encounter

wFlYd.jpg

They're just confident

Ej6yY.jpg

And behind them or more accurately behind the vampire which was the set encounter, we find...

KWoyl.jpg

SaBXd.jpg

Yep, it was a key

This is where I found it

RzHSE.jpg

Ok, back to the other door

4HQjS.jpg

rBEW6.jpg

And just behind that door

AWrgC.jpg

AfLJS.jpg

looks like a satyr

But here it's called a pan

Fkewu.jpg

Looks overconfident... but that didn't help

Further in we find

NJV7n.jpg

That was just the text, there was no fight here

But we do find another pan shortly after

y8sya.jpg

lybqI.jpg

Missed a few pictures here, behind a secret door just further in, we find the wizard who we were looking for

vhUtX.jpg

j2IZR.jpg

Looks like that other creature who asked us the password in the Ruined temple, should be an easy fight then

hmmm... his combat sprite looks completely different... He is indeed much tougher than the other demon

TY8uV.jpg

Let's take his remains

St4sX.jpg

He wasn't well equipped, I guess these are the possessions of the mage before he turned into a demon

And in this room, we find

3CaRJ.jpg

k0GPv.jpg

GIj3K.jpg

Nice!!

Back to the palace

fJF5v.jpg

Next mission?

caya4.jpg

mNDjk.jpg

Ah! Ah! That is the mission we were looking for

We were carrying the food all this time...

qJOVv.jpg

And the receipt

o2Vjq.jpg

Next mission?

cwcic.jpg

cwcic.jpg

But, before that we go hand the receipt to the elvish lord

TuKfS.jpg

And his nest mission?

WpoXr.jpg

So next time we will be looking for an elvish artifact!

kofeur

Liturgist
Dragon

We found the Elven burial tomb earlier

hORTu.jpg

q2LbR.jpg

It is the right place

cGSpC.jpg

This place hasn't had visitors for some time...

FQGph.jpg

Seems we disturbed them

0ZNbX.jpg

xenHl.jpg

Our first secret door

Wejmr.jpg

W1ZpG.jpg

Seems like the dead are restless

jHW5D.jpg

Dn2RQ.jpg

Another secret door

HVSKY.jpg

And we find

ElISR.jpg

Lsjfa.jpg

Yep there was the staff we were looking for

jbbFQ.jpg

Looks nice but doesn't have any additional powers

rXeBc.jpg

Let's see what was behind the door anyway...

5MlmT.jpg

ZKgWh.jpg

We didn't really need to kill the vampire boss to get the staff after all... But we do not condone jobs half done :obviously:

Anyway, back to the palace

OnORQ.jpg

Next mission?

2HSPF.jpg

4xsNX.jpg

To deliver the staff naturally!

KqN41.jpg

Back to the elvish lord

PqZ88.jpg

And the receipt! I really feel like a courier service...

QViP8.jpg

His next mission?

fwqtC.jpg

But first let's deliver the receipt

TTuW7.jpg

Next mission?

LTYwp.jpg

uMHZk.jpg

Dragon-slaying! I guess I'll do that before looking for the missing elven girl :smug:

And indeed just north of the city

iK53Y.jpg

Hhq1l.jpg

If we had any doubts about being in the right place...

aNP6x.jpg

4pjxz.jpg

Failed dragon slayers

c4ycl.jpg

There are some other creatures too

uKXDB.jpg

NcupW.jpg

This place is fitting for an old dragon

g0up2.jpg

And we finally find the dragon
\
56XWT.jpg

ez8je.jpg

The dragon had some heavy debts it seems...

GA1R9.jpg

But let's check out his items

Tf0QS.jpg

kpCHO.jpg

Nice!!!

Back to the palace

1a2fO.jpg

Next mission?

QJaVj.jpg

9C4Ah.jpg

So we don't get his kingdom, he will just fight by our side

Lykurgos

Novice
Cool, update.

Say, Whisper and kofeur, do either of you have this running on a 64-bit OS? I'm attempting that now. I cannot setup directly because the 16 bit executables won't function. So far, I've got the 1.004 game running via D-Fend Reloaded, but haven't figured out a way to get the patch installed on top of that.

Lykurgos

Novice
Ignore me, I got it working! With sounds and music and mouse support. Wow

FYI, I suggested this game to folks over at Quarter 2 Three in a Hellherron thread. Two people have since started, or may have started if they've managed to install and get it running too.

kofeur

Liturgist
Ignore me, I got it working! With sounds and music and mouse support. Wow

FYI, I suggested this game to folks over at Quarter 2 Three in a Hellherron thread. Two people have since started, or may have started if they've managed to install and get it running too.

Glad to see you got it working! And thanks for getting more people to play it :)
What is your party composition?

ez8je.jpg

Is the dragon lighting a cigarette or what? :)

Seems like it :D

Lykurgos

Novice
My party is currently composed of no more than intentions. After the heady success of getting the game installed and working again, I need a break.

I do look forward to the character creation though. I recall I've a habit of rer-olling numerous times to obtain actual attribute scores close to potential attribute scores on critical attributes, especially for magic users. I'll happily drink a coffee, listen to some music, and re-roll several hundred times (including some times where I rerolled despite getting what I wanted, due to lack of attention).

kofeur

Liturgist
My party is currently composed of no more than intentions. After the heady success of getting the game installed and working again, I need a break.

I do look forward to the character creation though. I recall I've a habit of rer-olling numerous times to obtain actual attribute scores close to potential attribute scores on critical attributes, especially for magic users. I'll happily drink a coffee, listen to some music, and re-roll several hundred times (including some times where I rerolled despite getting what I wanted, due to lack of attention).

Yeah I know the feeling :)
Keep in mind that the only character who needs varied attributes is the Rogue as he has quite a few useful skills that are determined by different attributes

Wow this is better than our hint book ever was! FYI the MS-Dos version did have a manual at first, it was only the 2nd printing that didn't. Anyway it's *awesome to see people enjoying Disciples of Steel. Just thought I'd chime in. Thanks again for playing.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The Man himself makes an appearance!

Belated thank you for making such an unusual and interesting game. Needless to say it stood the test of time enough for people to still enjoy more than two decades later. You and your team did a great job :salute:

kofeur

Liturgist
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting here, as Sceptic said your game still generating interest two decades after it's released. It did so many things right or in a fresh new way in a genre that was so popular back then. So congratulations on releasing such a great game! :salute:

kofeur

Liturgist
Demon

Time to look for the lost elven girl

nm2vn.jpg

These must be the caves he was talking about...

4qXiM.jpg

m7zf7.jpg

Seems like the right place, let's explore

Our first encounter

EWaE3.jpg

Hmm...

KVVUs.jpg

This place is full of rats...

OvDcl.jpg

Z5f0Z.jpg

... and traps

ZcV2g.jpg

We also find some bats

dEmLc.jpg

This seems like quite a charming place for a little girl to play in...

Finally something else!

33jVz.jpg

pTghg.jpg

A secret door

6aQ1N.jpg

Another one

ozzC9.jpg

Yet another one

kG3WO.jpg

Did I say one more?

vhCfa.jpg

So we found the kidnappers

4Lel2.jpg

4K4AK.jpg

And in a secret door in their room...

O1SRP.jpg

... we find...

wj79o.jpg

Yj12v.jpg

It was a key

And looking further in this mess of secret doors and corridors, we find...

ryPrt.jpg

And here is the girl

32Gu9.jpg

YnJr0.jpg

More secret doors

74aOq.jpg

And a locked door for a change

cqWg5.jpg

8zhxI.jpg

And we find

wvmIu.jpg

RX1wK.jpg

k4ntt.jpg

666bE.jpg

Nice!!

Is the father happy?

31Pma.jpg

His next mission?

WicmS.jpg

eegyv.jpg

Demon hunting!

Going to the east as we were told, we find him as a random encounter

Qc34x.jpg

He wasn't challenging

Back to the elvish lord

Xqzkw.jpg

His next mission?

yTfHR.jpg

Bjfrh.jpg

So they will stand by our side!

lightbane

Arcane
You cannot a honor greater than having one of the game's developers visiting your lp. Many :salute:, Kevin, for doing a game so awesome.

Z5f0Z.jpg

So, can you use the Parley option with the Rats? Because if you can this game would be probably the 1st one to have true "rat diplomacy" before Fallout invented it.

kofeur

Liturgist
You cannot a honor greater than having one of the game's developers visiting your lp. Many :salute:, Kevin, for doing a game so awesome.

Z5f0Z.jpg

So, can you use the Parley option with the Rats? Because if you can this game would be probably the 1st one to have true "rat diplomacy" before Fallout invented it.

I think you can bribe them with food and they leave you alone. I'll give it a try :)

kofeur

Liturgist
Merchants and rebellions

Ok then, let's proceed with the Cartha missions

hMU6W.jpg

e8s1e.jpg

hmm... I was already handed that before

OzA3U.jpg

Yep the mission was already completed

UxRWM.jpg

Next mission

q9oGy.jpg

WGjrY.jpg

TNJfh.jpg

Let's go deliver that

LG5wY.jpg

But before, we'll ask him for a mission

GBFye.jpg

It matches my mission, here you go

1RQEA.jpg

0aKoS.jpg

He does act as he should I guess

Well let's go back to Cartha

TTWia.jpg

Next mission?

UHdtF.jpg

27vsD.jpg

Ok, let's go checkout that tower

v9Cl3.jpg

It is indeed the right place

lPxEg.jpg

Seems like our merchant left in a hurry...

lZMp1.jpg

This place is also full of traps

E6l5W.jpg

That is a useful place, but this time there is nobody to interrupt

fDJpY.jpg

First floor, nobody no encounter, let's go up

PT9co.jpg

u3VLS.jpg

And in a room we find...

kvyDB.jpg

mEsM0.jpg

This merchant had some... exotic tastes

In this room we find...

eWQTD.jpg

zFxsg.jpg

RovYH.jpg

So that was what we were looking for!

Let's go back to the palace

fIsaj.jpg

Next mission?

WJ9Sk.jpg

TRMOk.jpg

So we're hunting for a merchant, let's go!

Going west, we find that cave

jLQrX.jpg

MbDzn.jpg

It's just an orc outpost

eEG7j.jpg

We might as well clean it since we're here

MHyFs.jpg

And our first encounter

BG3OM.jpg

bWumJ.jpg

Our second encounter

17igb.jpg

Our third encounter...

jznJz.jpg

KWUNH.jpg

You guessed it, this place is full of orcs!

In a room not too far, we find...

rAzgj.jpg

H25ul.jpg

And going further in the outpost

20JpI.jpg

vviil.jpg

They came in force

QT2If.jpg

After having cast wrath of god

ITaT3.jpg

S8kTW.jpg

Yep that was quick!

And in that room, we find

S8kTW.jpg

xeWWa.jpg

Nice!

We finish cleaning that dungeon and decide to go back to Cartha to see if it had any incidence

And indeed...

BGsEV.jpg

So it was a mission that was coming after taking care of the merchant, because if I ask for a quest, I get the same thing:

zk1fH.jpg

V9jJ1.jpg

Ok let's find him this time!

Just west of the city, we finally find the right spot

bsDRy.jpg

oIUxN.jpg

And yes it is the hideout we were looking for

NGT9v.jpg

7KrGm.jpg

Cool entrance

yTbKh.jpg

So our merchant had indeed shady contacts

0qhsm.jpg

It's not a big place and we quickly find the merchant

s02dm.jpg

SctCY.jpg

Even though he's leaning on a cane, he still manages to feel superior...

UJYAd.jpg

That didn't help him...

YOhxY.jpg

And in his room we find

wFX2d.jpg

PdO26.jpg

Green dragon remains? Why the hell would he need that?!

That's what his hideout looks like

PMlaB.jpg

Back to Cartha

emX0g.jpg

Next mission?

wqmh8.jpg

X5V7x.jpg

So we're going to do something that will annoy the lady of Demata (my rogue's wife incidentally)

Back in Demata

xb8R5.jpg

Yep, it's the right place

KS8c8.jpg

A secret door

ax0m1.jpg

And we find...

eNCKN.jpg

LbXFh.jpg

That;s what we were looking for, but let's explore the whole area

fKDo5.jpg

hvGDP.jpg

It is a huge library! and as all libraries, it was very quiet, we actually encountered nobody

Back in Cartha

aKXpk.jpg

Next mission?

dSAXQ.jpg

0jF3G.jpg

Too bad we didn't keep the remains of the merchant's pets...

Going to the desert, our rogue who is not skilled in tracking doesn't find anything

0xdRJ.jpg

But our ranger, a skilled tracker finds what we're looking for

U2g5V.jpg

(look at the portrait to see who's performing the skill test)

And indeed

a0z2S.jpg

cIgAy.jpg

Back to Cartha

KtZ3Y.jpg

Next mission?

82gIo.jpg

Now that's an interesting mission! Let's go!

Yk6sX.jpg

We seek an audience with the reagent...

bO3fS.jpg

... Only to be kicked out

We take offense to such a treatment and decide to act accordingly

Ws1LW.jpg

This is what the palace looks like

zI2UU.jpg

FTPu0.jpg

pc82W.jpg

xlLCu.jpg

Breaking the door is easy...

Drn1w.jpg

oOBzv.jpg

But it does go down eventually

ic5Ss.jpg

Should have thought that an ice storm can destroy everything...

9AOAr.jpg

No mercy!

E7Bx3.jpg

5uwJG.jpg

And here is the reagent

7w1Jk.jpg

He got dealt with the appropriate force

eTwCU.jpg

He wasn't that rich

eLKCw.jpg

Let's take his body

AyfVI.jpg

And we now rule the city

2WVm0.jpg

On a side note: The guards are actually very dangerous, they can hurt me pretty badly. Makes sense, the reagent would keep his best guards to protect him.
On the other hand a level 4 wrath of the gods kills everybody. It's the most powerful spell in the game!

Back to Cartha

MELZS.jpg

Next mission?

znqt5.jpg

znqt5.jpg

We already did that... must be a glitch.

Coming back with more scorpion remains

2uvGQ.jpg

Next mission?

So we get the city that we have just overthrown and that's it

6ZZEa.jpg

So here we are we finished the Cartha mission line!

kofeur

Liturgist
Deadlines

So we only have the desert peoples' missions to finish... and Rathadon. They are the enemy but we might still check out if they have any missions for us. After all we did go there on behalf of Cartha very recently.

So let's go meet him

zqZOC.jpg

He has a mission for us

LvAej.jpg

78eUl.jpg

So we go hunt for the famous Mymax!

I already found his tower earlier

o2wvl.jpg

Jg5tH.jpg

It is indeed the right place

RMYOO.jpg

This place has seen some activity recently it seems

gu1gM.jpg

It's a tower, so the layout is quite simple

Bekti.jpg

vERVO.jpg

We encounter some undead

5F6lT.jpg

We have a choice here

HrtJr.jpg

This is full of traps

L00Xd.jpg

Let's go down, I always find it fun to check out the basement, it tells a lot about the owner after all

KENN0.jpg

First thing we see is a door

THgrZ.jpg

A man of taste...

2fTV9.jpg

KxcxN.jpg

blvIy.jpg

Let's take them

eXNLe.jpg

The other room is not that attractive

aH8NJ.jpg

28PlY.jpg

Yet in another room

Xo8wm.jpg

nVPWY.jpg

That will make for a good reading

sAT7w.jpg

Not a very big basement after all...

FBPr3.jpg

Let's go up!

0oNwM.jpg

Different people different tastes I guess

jjNzM.jpg

Let's check what's behind this room

hmm?

fC0AX.jpg

xboZA.jpg

trBPx.jpg

This bug strikes again. I tried getting rid of some items in my inventory but this time, it didn't change anything.

Another window

3xJMX.jpg

Let's go up to the next floor

Wi1kH.jpg

Indeed... the dead seems restless

P8zhm.jpg

A secret door

PDwEg.jpg

And another one next to it

cjRje.jpg

And here's what we find

6dS9G.jpg

MbAMZ.jpg

UzdnA.jpg

Let's put an end to his sufferings

2oBjJ.jpg

He didn't have any interesting possession on him

YtlQW.jpg

But in a secret cache behind his bed...

E36ka.jpg

5SafZ.jpg

... We find the fabled staff of pestilence

Now that we have it, what should we do? Hand it over to the king of Rathadon? I don't think so :smug:

Let's go and finish that quest for the desert people, namely killing the reagent of a city part of the Rathadon's empire

CA7Ob.jpg

Lkheg.jpg

Yes the one at the edge of the desert

The reagent refuses to see us... how insulting!

FLYct.jpg

We'll make him pay

jCbJ6.jpg

He seems to have better guards than the other reagent I recently dealt with... I guess Rathadon is that much more powerful than Cartha

Sgo28.jpg

CEaQB.jpg

He even had hell hounds, I wonder what he feeds them...

8WW5R.jpg

Well he was no match for the disciples...

mOCSC.jpg

Let's go back to the desert people

Wx6Su.jpg

Are they happy?

JKmh6.jpg

Indeed... Do they have other missions?

kMLTN.jpg

UC072.jpg

So are we done now?

Well... There's still some unfinished business with Rathadon, let's go deal with their king.

Going out of the city, we are reminded of our deadline... Let's hurry!

8YbWQ.jpg

At the city of Rathadon, it seems that we lost some popularity...

Vu559.jpg

Let's go talk to the king

X3lcr.jpg

Hmm... This is not very diplomatic...

Let's answer in kind

PLmY7.jpg

c5o6Y.jpg

He's got much more guards than the reagent, it makes sense.

s2prJ.jpg

Hmm.. He's not that rich. I guess feeding all those hell-hounds must be expensive

jIKgF.jpg

dLJCS.jpg

He was a spear user, probably the weakest weapon group... It's the only melee accuracy based weapon.

It is now our city!

TiE0t.jpg

So what do we do next?

I guess we'll try for the dungeon ending first, let's go kill that mad wizard!!

lightbane

Arcane
The final battle is close...Moar!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom