Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Dark Heresy - Jaedar's Transcript

Reject_666_6

Arcane
The mob combat seemed less exciting than I imagined.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Reject_666_6 said:
There's not much exciting about facing a single, massively hp bloated enemy whose attacks are primitive(armor points count twice against those).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Jaedar said:
Reject_666_6 said:
There's not much exciting about facing a single, massively hp bloated enemy whose attacks are primitive(armor points count twice against those).

Because you hid in a barn like a bunch of moles and the horde's damage was 2d10+sb instead of 3d10+sb.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Darth Roxor said:
Jaedar said:
Reject_666_6 said:

Because you hid in a barn like a bunch of moles and the horde's damage was 2d10+sb instead of 3d10+sb.
Hiding implies cowardice. We simply fought in the glow of purgation :)

lightbane

Arcane
Wisdom: It seems your party is quite oblivious to rather obvious clues... Or they don't take this game seriously enough. Or both. :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
lightbane said:
Wisdom: It seems your party is quite oblivious to rather obvious clues... Or they don't take this game seriously enough. Or both. :M
Well, we are a bit oblivious. But there's also the matter of larp and not abusing OOC knowledge.

And a lot of the talking does not get shown in the post, because you would not want to see us argue for 50 lines about the rules for something.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
lightbane said:

Like how it's a seriously bad idea to engage Plague Guards and a Champion of Nurgle when you're just lowly acolytes?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
root said:
also roxor, stop hijacking my thread, do your own you fucker

Okay :troll:

001title.gif

40k_token_assassinorum_callidus_asaid_virenus.png
It's time to avenge the Scum, comrades! *charges into the fray*

40k_token_imperial_guard_death_korps_of_krieg.png
EAT LEAD, FILTH *shoots one of the dybuks with his shotgun, inflicting no damage*

Derp *tosses shotgun aside*

40k_token_imperial_psyker_01.png
[Focus power: unknown, failure] This is not quite good.

40k_token_imperial_civilian_male_02.png
Welcome, travellers! Hope you get along well with my deputies!

40k_token_chaos_mutant_01.png
RAARRGGH

[Shoots pilgrim but the psyker dodges marginally]

40k_token_ecclesiarchy_redemptor_kyrinov.png
[uses some wacky fate point ability that makes him immune to fear] You will be purged with sacred flames! *lobs fire bomb that sets two Dybuks and the constable on fire*

40k_token_admech_techpriest_01.png
Assuming vantage point... engaging sniping manoeuvre [shoots the constable with a long-las]

RAARRRGH! [Dybuks go into frenzy, one charges and misses Shanks, the other two assume positions next to Wolfe and Pilgrim]

40k_token_imperial_noble_02.png
[Focus power: Fire bolt, 1 additional bolt gained] Return to sender, cleric

[Dodge: failure][Agility roll: failure, catches fire][overall damage: Mercutio is now at 1 wound] FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

[Three attacks against the constable] Slice'n'dice!

[Critical hit -10 to the body] *The constable is cleft apart, leaving a 4-metre-wide blood pool in his place*

EAT LASFIRE, DAEMON *full auto point blank burst with a Fury-pattern laspistol*

*5 hits, none do any damage against the Dybuk's 10 toughness bonus* DERP

[runs aside to a place where he can charge the mayor]

[fate point to heal][stop drop and roll to put out flames: failure] I will not be consumed by fires of the warp! The EMPRAH protects!

Setting stabilisers... ready to fire [shoots the mayor with the long-las]

[critical hit -1 to body] GLORY... TO THE FLESH [maggots start escaping the mayors wounds]

[fear check: failure] That is... irregular.

[fear check: failure] What the fuck is that?

[forbidden lore: OOC] A mayor (YEAAAAAAAAA) mutation. We are screwed.

Meanwhile, the Dybuks keep exchanging blows with Shanks and Wolfe in melee. Third one charges after the Pilgrim, foiling his plan to bumrush the mayor, and manages to hit him really badly, inflicting 9 wounds.

[focus power: incinerate, failure] Shitty friggin rolls.

[Grapple against Dybuk, success] SLAM, BABIES!

[fails to put out flames yet again, now at 0 hp]

[Keeps getting whacked, now at 4 hp]

Now you are mine, Pilgrim!

[focus power: incinerate, failure] What the fuck.

[Does some faggy Drizzt-like pirouettes, leaving his adversary at -5 critical damage, but still standing]

[keeps grappling]

SUFFER NOT THE DAEMON [swipes force sword rather effectively]

Raarrgh? [Critical damage to the hand - the creature loses two fingers and drops its axe]

I CHANNEL THE FORCE!!!! [focus power: psychic blast through force sword]

[Opposed willpower check: success] :smug:

This force sword is useless.

[finally puts out the flames]

Processing data... striking killing blow.

[critical hit -10 to the arm. The mayor's arm is incinerated by Dagon's lasfire and he dies]

RAARGH! [with no axe, the creature attacks Pilgrim with his teeth]

[parry: successful, rolls damage against parried natural weapons] :smug:

[critical hit -10 to the head, the head is cut off and flies ten metres to the south.]

[is sprayed by a fountain of blood and gore from the decapitated body] Ick.

BROTHERS, I AM HIT [Shanks is hit by another furious assault of the -5hp Dybuk, taking many wounds, and is now at -6 critical damage. This means he falls to the ground unconscious]

Wolfe keeps grappling, so I guess I'll charge that one, instead of the Dybuk that's about to tastefully rape Shanks. :smug:

Seriously?

Yup :smug:

SHANKS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Initiating desperate help protocols...

[the daemonhost attacking Shanks is hit by Dagon's long-las, and while hit for really marginal damage, it's enough to put it out of the fight]

Meanwhile, The Pilgrim deals 42 wounds with his shitty force sword by CHANNELING THE FORCE, killing the third Dybuk.

Seems the party's over.

Hnnngggg...

[rushes to administer first aid]

Let's torch this place [loots the Constable's corpse]. And take Aurora's body for a proper burial [loots Aurora's corpse]

Indeed [loots the mayor's corpse, finds weird occult symbols]. Anyone know what this might be?

[global Forbidden Lore: Cults skill shortage means nobody does]

[common lore: Ecclesiarchy, success] Isn't it strange the constable would have access to such holy weaponry? *points at the Catechist-pattern crossbow*. They are supplied only by the Holy Ordos.

Intriguing, indeed...

Well, nothing left for us to do here anyway [lobs a firebomb into the ritual chamber]

It seems the tunnel is stretching in an opposite direction. Let us investigate.

After an hour-long march, the acolytes reach a large, steel door.

It has the symbol of the Guard on it!

[investigates the door, fiddles a bit with some found controls]

The door opens.

See that? Chimeras. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Seems the good mayor was not really honest with us when he said the villagers have no means of transport.

Indeed. Shame they have been disarmed and this whole bunker seems completely looted...

[assisted search: success] Or is it? Look here [points to a hidden cache with a fairly big explosive charge and a handful of krak grenades]

Splendid. Time to drive off into the sunset.

This ends the first part of the Acreage Incident campaign. What shall await our players when they leave this bunker? Will they ever return to report to Scintilla? Why do men have nipples? More questions that demand later answers :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I suspect the next proper session will be on sunday, as always, so mark your calendar M:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Shit, Shanks and Mercutio almost got put out of commission this combat. I don't want to lose Shanks, he's the only survivor from our original party.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Reject_666_6 said:
Shit, Shanks and Mercutio almost got put out of commission this combat. I don't want to lose Shanks, he's the only survivor from our original party.

Pilgrim was actually this - close to dying as well.

And Shanks would have hit the dirt if not for Dagon's 1 damage attack because Pilgrim outright refused to charge the Dybuk while Shanks was at -6.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
Reject_666_6 said:

Pilgrim was actually this - close to dying as well.

And Shanks would have hit the dirt if not for Dagon's 1 damage attack because Pilgrim outright refused to charge the Dybuk while Shanks was at -6.
Pilgrim wasn't even in critical. He has such powergamed dodging :M

GIVE ME A WITCH LANCE AND NIGHTMARE FLAMER ROXOOOOOR! :)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Jaedar said:
Pilgrim wasn't even in critical. He has such powergamed dodging :M

Yeah, but he had 4 hp and servitroll managed to save him by fucking up the mayor's both power rolls to invoke incinerate against his arse.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
root said:
no seriously roxor, start your own damn thread and port your posts there, this is getting seriously cluttered and people won't know what the fuck they are reading.

as for my PC bros, we have some choices as to when the next session is gonna be:
wednesday/thursday at 23-00 GMT (if possible, 23 GMT would be ideal) or saturday at 16-17 GMT

discuss!

Tomorrow 23 GMT is fine by me

Calecute

Novice
My birthday is this Friday.

But as I'll travel Saturday, I’ll stay home and rest on Friday.

But Thursday I intent to get drunk as hell

So I would prefer the game to be tomorrow (today (Wednesday)) or Friday.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
As we last left our group, they had just finished molesting their prisoner and got back in their Chimera to continue their epic journey. Unfortunately, as is the case with internet gaming, two mofos were absent on their second session. So if you notice a lack of lines for Gorn (left halfway through) and Hiram, you'll know what's up.

Initializing DH module:
title2.png

After a long and boring journey, the Chimera finally arrived in Ghostsprings in one piece with its cargo intact (that scored us bonus XP btw, HELLZ YEAH). They barely managed to step out, when they were greeted by some cheesy voice-acting:

CHAOS-1.png
: Kind of you to choose your tomb!
Hastus-1.png
: ...
Gorn-1.png
: ...
Coxswain-1.png
: *gulp*

Quoderat-1.png
: I meant the tomb you've come to study, of course, acolytes.
trollpix.png
I am Master Chief Quoderat, bonded emissary to the Belasco Forgeworks.
Gasket-1.png
: That's all cool an' stuff Chief, but I've heard your ramblings one too many times. Now if you'll excuse me, I got myself a garage date with one lady Chimera.
Atellus-1.png
: I believe I have the same date. *wink*
Hiram-1.png
: I shall accompany you on this workshop orgy you mention.

They all step back aboard the Chimera and park inside the nearby garage.

Hastus-1.png
: So, what can you tell us about that Dig™?
Quoderat-1.png
: Very little, I'm afraid. As much as I'd like to spend some time alone with Lilith, she and her Mechanicus don't take kindly to me and my presence here. A shame, she is a fine woman really.
Coxswain-1.png
: I guess no one really wants to share.
Quoderat-1.png
: The ruins themselves are nothing special, possibly xeno origin but nothing too interesting about them. Two months they've been digging this pit and nothing to show for it... That's probably why they brought me in.
Coxswain-1.png
: What exactly do the Belasco Forgeworks want with the ruins?
Quoderat-1.png
: Money, dear boy. Now if you need me, I'll be in my lavish lodgings down the road.
Gorn-1.png
: Your house is shit, by the way.
Quoderat-1.png
: ... quite. Now if you'll excuse me.

So everybody then goes to sleep cause it's way past their bed time. This was just day 1 of the trip here, and if you've paid attention so far, you'd know they have 6 days left to find out what's going on in this town. Also, this is around the time that they received all those shitty papers that root distributed in the OP. They have that map too.

WHEN SUDDENLY

Atellus-1.png
: CHHHHHHH-- Come in. Come in. Can you hear me? -HHHHHHHC
Ramirez-1.png
: Que pasa, Atellus?
Atellus-1.png
: Nothing, nevermind. The narrator already gave you them dataslates and map. *sigh* Night, then.

The sun shines in the party's fucking faces as dawn breaks over Ghostprings. Atellus, Gasket, Hiram and Haakon are nowhere to be seen, although a letter with Atellus' handwriting has been left, telling you that he's attending to some matters at the Administratum HQ. A clever ruse to continue the orgy, no doubt.

Hastus-1.png
: Well, gentlemen, I suppose we have to start somewhere. I suggest we go see the Sisters.
Coxswain-1.png
: Why would we want to see the Sist--
Gorn-1.png
: *nudges* You know, the Sisters! Damn rookie.
Coxswain-1.png
: Ooooh, right. But I'm broke. And what if they haven't been tested recently?
Jezail-1.png
: NO YOU FOOLS, The Adepta Sororitas, not some common whorehouse! We march to the hymns of the Ecclesiarchy!
Gorn-1.png
: Don't yell at me you goddamn wannabe.
Jezail-1.png
: I WILL BURN Y--
Hastus-1.png
: Now now, lass. He's just a scum, you know. Now let's be off before Misch arrives and guts us all.

But they actually went off to see the Mechanicus, cause this party is as disorganised and schizophrenic as the great hero Madhatta was. Well, almost. Free of crippling fatigue penalties, they finally had a chance to take in the town of Ghostsprings. Sprawling perhaps a kilometre in every direction, derelict shacks and crude stone buildings dotting the landscape, it was about the closest thing to civilisation for 800 km. In the distance, many rabbit-like peasants toil the field like slaves. Damn them all. On the way to the Mechanicus HQ, passing by the central plaza, these timewasters stop for a second to take in the Temple of the Emperor Triumphant. A grandiose monolith, sublime in its form and decorated with seals of praise to the Emperor. It's actually pretty shitty. Nearby, some kind of doom-preacher, guarded by a fetish-worthy Celestian, was holding a sermon to the sheeple.

Hastus-1.png
: Let's hear a bit of the preaching, see what it's about.
Ramirez-1.png
: Anything for more time to stare down that mamacita with him. I think she's checkin' me out, esses.
Jezail-1.png
: Oh my Emprah! That's Clevius Valerius there, and he's preaching live!
Ramirez-1.png
: Joo know this man?
Jezail-1.png
: Of course! I have all his pict-slates: "True Doctrine Stories", "We will be martyrs!" and a limited-edition copy of "Run to the Emperor".
Coxswain-1.png
: Let's just go to the Mechanicus.
Jezail-1.png
+
Ramirez-1.png
: *forever alone*

The place is guarded by a lot of skiitari, which are tech-fighters, who fight with tech. Inside the building, the acolytes are offered some booze by a resident servitor, and are treated to an amazing painting of a triangle. SUDDENLY a woman clad in the red and white robes of a Magos comes down the stairs. Her hands have been replaced by bionics her scalp and genitals have been shaven and covered in plugs. Like all in the service of Cthulhu the Mechanicus, tubes run up from her chest to her trachea, and two mechadendrites are above her shoulders. Half the codex would fuck her anyway, so whatever.

Lilith-1.png
: Ah, acolytes! Delighted to make your acquaintance! I am Magos Lilith, but I'm sure you already know that. Me and your master Your master and I (you illiterate fuck) go a long way back, you know? Hihihi...
Hastus-1.png
: *kisses her hand*
Coxswain-1.png
: *kisses her hand*
Lilith-1.png
: You there, ecclesiarch!
Jezail-1.png
: Yes?
Lilith-1.png
: *gives mean look*

They all go to some kind of gay spa.

Ramirez-1.png
: Pardon our disruption, seniorita, but we've come to ask about the ruins, and about the suerte of our missing bros.
Lilith-1.png
: *takes sip* Satan Indeed, that was most distraughting. We do not even know if they are dead. We do not even know if they are dead, they simply... VANISHED. We've barred access to the ruins ever since so that we could search for them.
Hastus-1.png
: Who had access to the ruins before this incident?
Lilith-1.png
: Oh my, your master never informed you? *raises delicately-plucked eyebrow*
Hastus-1.png
: I'm afraid our Inquisitor was quite distraught when he sent us here.
Lilith-1.png
: Was he?
Hastus-1.png
: [rolls 97 on deceive] He was swamped.
Lilith-1.png
: *with a sweet look* I'm sure he was.
Hastus-1.png
: That's likely, yes. (with a p-p-poker face)

PROTIP: What Hastus just said is so impossible it's actually kind of appropriate for a roll of 97. Expert LARPing, actually. There's no way he'd be busy with anything while on a transport to RIGHT HERE.

Lilith-1.png
: Oh, such bald-faced lies to a Magos' face? You know, I think I might come to like you better than the last group Zaely sent.
Hastus-1.png
: Hurr, [Charm] sorry.
Lilith-1.png
: *places her hand gently on Hastus's cheek* Omnissiah bless you, dear child.
Hastus-1.png
: *EPIC BLUSH* (this is our dose of Bioware romance for the day, kids)

herp derp

Lilith-1.png
: *looks at Jezail* What do you think of the Omnissiah, darling?
Jezail-1.png
: :rage:
Lilith-1.png
: ACCESS DENIED to ruins, then. However, there is something you could do to earn my favour. There's a new Sister in town, sent by the Ecclesiarchy, and I'm afraid the situation is volatile enough as it is.
Ramirez-1.png
: Joo mean, Sister Mamacita?!
Lilith-1.png
. Quite. I'd love it if you could discover ...exactly why is she here... and report to me.
Hastus-1.png
: Yes, ma'am.

And so the acolytes barely manage to survive their first encounter with one of the major players on the scene, and boy, was that close to being a major fuck-up. As it is, it's just a medium fuck-up, or a Biowarian fuck-up, as it just opens up a fetch quest. So now they're on the street.

Coxswain-1.png
: Just when this place starts looking benign, it finds new ways to be dangerous.

The group then decides to go talk to the sister, who was standing by the priest last they saw her. As they make their way to the central plaza, they saw that Valerius, the priest, was still giving his fire, brimstone and baby meat speech. Leocadia was still there, fortunately.

Clevius-1.png
: REPENT, YE SINNERS! The end-times will soon be upon us, and where on the Emperor's side will you be when that happens?
Crowd: *the crowd watches enthusiastically*
Hastus-1.png
: Heresy is afoot!
Crowd: *the crowd gasps and turns to the group*
Hastus-1.png
: And we need to talk to the priest!
Crowd: *the mob starts trampling over one another and singing litanies of banishment and redemption*
Jezail-1.png
: What my associate means is that heresy is an ever-present danger to the Imperium! Restrain yourselves, believers!
Crowd: *the crowd calms down*
Clevius-1.png
: The cleric speaks with wisdom, Emprah bless her! Faithful, depart now to your homes. I have business to attend to. We shall meet each other again at the same time tomorrow!

The sheeple go home.

Clevius-1.png
: How can I be of assistance?
Hastus-1.png
: Have you seen anything suspicious lately?
Clevius-1.png
: The flock says they saw lights in the night, and I say to you, it was the crimson light of heresy! Why do you ask?
Coxswain-1.png
: It's classified Inquisition Business, sir. We need to speak with the sister. Thank you for your cooperation.
Clevius-1.png
: I-I-Inquisition?! Of course... *walks off like a little girl*

Now in the grim darkness of the city of Ghostsprings, there is only Sister Leocadia. She's pretty. Pretty hot as well. At least, that's what root urges me to believe.

Leo-1.png
: What do you want?
Hastus-1.png
: We were sent by Zael Misch to uncover the secrets of these ruins here. We got ambushed by cultists on the way. We've heard of this "Empty Man" from a cultist. He was also a very strange person. That's all we know. So, do you think we can colaborate?
Leo-1.png
: No.
Jezail-1.png
: [Charm] Pleeeeease?
Leo-1.png
: Collaborate how?
Hastus-1.png
: In finding out about the empty man, of course.
Leo-1.png
: They say he has no honour soul and recruits the weak to do his master's bidding. Some also say he is affiliated with the Inquisition. I have no interest in him, as he is not part of my holy mission

Coxswain-1.png
: That's all?
Leo-1.png
: Well your reports are troubling, but they should be of no concern. You got ambushed 200 km away from here. The cultists will not survive the wilderness. They do not know the survivalist techniques of water enemas.
Ramirez-1.png
: But mami, *conspiracy*
Leo-1.png
: I cannot tell you anything more. I am bound by oath to the sisterhood.
Jezail-1.png
: But can we count on your support in case of cultist attack?
Leo-1.png
: Sure, why not.

Session's pretty much over. There is a contradiction somewhere in this testimony. We'll need to find it in order to crack the case. But wait, somebody has something to add:

Ramirez-1.png
: One more thing, monjita. As we spent some time on this planet, a muchacho has given us a few words of wisdom, which I think you should consider as well.
Leo-1.png
: Wots dat?
Ramirez-1.png
: Trust no one. *blood and thunder*

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, the Only Proper Group is probably going to hate me, but there'll be no session on sunday, since I've thrown my graphics card off the cliff and now I'm sitting on an auxiliary computor where I have no access to DH rulebooks, charsheets, hamachi and all that jazz, which means I can't even prepare a scenario pro(s)perly.

Paging butthurt in 3... 2... 1...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
Yeah, the Only Proper Group is probably going to hate me, but there'll be no session on sunday, since I've thrown my graphics card off the cliff and now I'm sitting on an auxiliary computor where I have no access to DH rulebooks, charsheets, hamachi and all that jazz, which means I can't even prepare a scenario pro(s)perly.

You ruined your computer just to avoid playing wid us? That's dedication mang.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Darth Roxor said:

Oh, that's just dandy... Then again, my computer is wonky as well and I'm currently using my girfriend's laptop, so I can relate. Of course, I make a point to keep charsheets and such on a flash drive. :M

Anyway, what's the current status of my oh so exciting death cultist when it comes to wounds, IP/CP, equipment and XP? More importantly, can we spend any XP before next session whenever that is?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Azael said:
Darth Roxor said:

Oh, that's just dandy... Then again, my computer is wonky as well and I'm currently using my girfriend's laptop, so I can relate. Of course, I make a point to keep charsheets and such on a flash drive. :M

Anyway, what's the current status of my oh so exciting death cultist when it comes to wounds, IP/CP, equipment and XP? More importantly, can we spend any XP before next session whenever that is?
Think you have like 1500 exp to spend, and yeah you can spend it. You are also at -5 wounds or so :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom