Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Daiteikoku - Legend of the Galactic Hoes [NSFW]

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Who's his wife? Seriously. I want to know. Did she die after giving birth?
"Lost his wife Scarlett in a spaceship accident 2 years ago and is now living with his daughter maki."
Or so they thought...
:troll:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
That's the whole fucking point of the games - to kick ass and get some ass.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Update 5: Warming It Up
In which warmongers monger, capitalists capitulate and Shuu works on his public image

Turn 4
Turn starts with an event in Japan.

dai_016.jpg

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Minister Nekohira is absent today. He witnessed a crime and is now at court.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Empress Mikado, it seems like master Ugaki has not yet returned from his diplomatic mission...​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Yes. The diplomatic relations between Gamerica and Japan are strained. Discussing a solution that satisfies both factions takes time...​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] It's pointless. To them the people of Japan are resources, not human beings... They laugh at us, mock us. But Japan won't bow down to them! There is only one solution: to fight!​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Rikori, please calm down...​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Open your eyes! We need to strike them before they strike us, their heads need to roll and――​

Yamashita talked herself into a rage.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Haa...I wonder if we can finish this conference on time today...

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Empress Mikado. We should just declare war on them and put an end to all this drama.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] That is not a good idea. I refuse to do that.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] But...​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...Rikori-chan.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] ...fine.​

Yamashita's proposal of a declaration of war on Gamerica was rejected in the end.​

The diplomatic relations between us and Kwanzanians are a bit stretched, it seems...

dai_030.jpg

dai_134.jpg

As you can see, still no income from Beijing. You really want to optimize region conversion, resource income is always an issue as single provinces do not produce that much per turn.

Here is Rinfa, whom I recruited in the previous turn. Solid general Admiral, nothing special. Enough command to field a decent sized fleet, no major handicaps...

dai_135.jpg

Well, she does come with a skill:
Deep Red: Unit does -90% damage when attacking Soviets

It isn't such a big deal, if you plan accordingly. The trait can be removed, though I never end up doing it. Costs a bit too many events.

Allright gentlemen, time to stop pussyfooting. I moved the missile cruiser from Rinfa to Yamamoto to better utilize his +20% missile slot, gave Rinfa a destroyer in return for now. Ordered all admirals to attack Nanjing, Rinfa included.

tactics_phase.jpg

dai_137.jpg

David Kahnhawk sat on the command seat and Ranfa on his lap.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] They are attacking us again. Those fools don't know when to quit.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Tch...​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] The Chun Empire will be ruined if they aren't stopped.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] If you say so, Ranfa.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Don't you agree? I thought the reason why you came here was to rescue me!​

Ranfa wrapped her arms around him and gave him a naughty look. She lifted his chin up with her finger and placed her soft lips on his neck.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] My hero...​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] You are correct. And pretty smart. I hope you will learn about the Gamerican way of life as quick♪​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Yes, of course!​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] There is nothing better than a free and equal world under the supervision of Gamerica! I will work my butt off to learn more about capitalism!​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Nice♪ A cute girl saying this has its charm. But...​

David Kahnhawk ran his index finger over Ranfa's thigh.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] ...you will have to put all of your passion... into it.​

Ranfa quietly stopped his hand as it tried to touch the place between her legs.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] I'm sorry... I'm not ready for this yet...​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Fufu...​

Kahnhawk gently put his arm around Ranfa's hips.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] I couldn't possibly force such a lovely lady. You are as cute as sin.​

Ranfa blushed and muttered something quietly while sitting on his lap.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] F-for you I will... bring capitalism to this nation.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Hehe... I know.​

Ranfa laughed happily and gave him a passionate kiss.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] After the battle, maybe...​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Yeah. business comes first in a capitalist nation.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] That's right!​

Both the UHOS and Gamerica tried to gain influence over the Chun Empire... After Beijing fell to the forces of Japan, Gamerica was at a slight advantage. However...​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Even a fool can see that Japan is going to be trouble.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] That is true. But it doesn't matter because soon Japan is going to be ruled by Gamerica anyway.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Yep, I completely agree. But if we manage to win this...​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Chun will adapt to capitalism...​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Exactly. My pretty girl Ranfa, I'm expecting you to do your part.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Yes! Leave it to me!​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] She easily fell to my charm... Of course she wouldnt refuse. This will be fun♪

dai_138.jpg

This battle could potentially be tough, as we're facing two battlegroups with battleships. Emphasis on the word "could". Those few of you who've actually paid attention may actually realize it straight from looking at the picture.

dai_140.jpg

I order my heavy hitters against Ranfa's battlegroup. They manage to wipe them out without any hitch.

dai_139.jpg

And that is it. Since the second battlegroup was worth a whopping 9 stars, defeating them is enough to win the battle.

Even though the traitor's fleet along the second battleship was left alone, the only thing I lose is the EXP from that additional battle. I can live with that.

Opting to fight here instead would've meant at least two damaged fleets and resources or turns spent in repairing them.

The Chun Empire, Nanjing―

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Its impossible for us to win, you should withdraw to safety!​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] ...is that necessary?​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Y-yes, it is.​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] And why is that?​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] B-because…we lost this battle...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] ...right...we lost this battle... And why have we lost?​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] T-thats, thats because...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Because of you, you idiot!​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] I...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Haven't you been defeated twice? By stupid, puny Japan!​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] B-but...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] "An easy victory" you said! And all you did was corrupt the Chun Empire with capitalism!​

Emperor Shuu pointed his pistol at her.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Ahh...!​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] You stupid bitch! You told me that it would be an easy victory!​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] T-that, I... Well...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] I loathe liars.​

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] W-wait, my Emperor... Y-you must be joking, right?​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Die and redeem yourself.​

BAM!

ranfa.jpg
[Ranfa] Ack...!​

Ranfa fell to her knees after the bullet pierced her chest.​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Damn women...​

chun_red.jpg
[Slave Girl] Ahhh...!​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Are you going to sell me out to Gamerica like Ranfa did?​

chun_red.jpg
[Slave Girl] Ah...Ahhh!​

BAM!

Without mercy the slave girl was shot in the back as she tried to run.​

chun_red.jpg
[Slave Girl] Argh...!​

chun_red.jpg
[Slave Girl] N-no...s-stop...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Damn women.​

chun_red.jpg
[Slave Girl] I...​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] You! You, you and you too! You all must die! DIE!​

・・・・・・・
・・・・・
・・・​

Emperor Shuu kept killing his own servants until he ran out of ammunition.​

shuu.jpg
[Emperor Shuu] Heh... Not yet… I am not yet defeated! This is just a strategic withdrawal... ITS JUST A STRATEGY...! Gah...!​

And thus Emperor Shuu made his escape.​

dai_141.jpg

As I said, no penalty. I got both of the admirals even though I only defeated one of them. And yes, you're seeing it - the turncoat Admiral turned his coat again. What a man.

Another star system is ours and our fleets are still intact. Not a bad start.

Chun Empire―

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Shit...​

Kahnhawk cursed. He'd been unable to contact Ranfa――​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Shuu probably killed her...​

After he spoke to one of the fleeing servants, he learned about Ranfa's fate and prepared his return to Gamerica.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] My date for tonight got killed by a little kid on a rampage... That Emperor Shuu is crazy. Well, I guess only an insane person would shoot all these pretty ladies... At this rate there won't be a nation left to take advantage of.​

Kahnhawk grinned when saying that.​

kahnhawk.jpg
[David Kahnhawk] Ah well, they had their chance for freedom... This is pointless. We won't waste any more warships fighting for this lost cause. Bye bye, cute girls of the Chun Empire. It was a pleasure to have met you.​

Kahnhawk left the Chun Empire behind.​

events_phase.jpg

dai_142.jpg

The Empress demands MOAR ADMIRALS!

Navy headquarters――

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...as I though, the Japanese army is still lacking admirals.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Yeah. We lost too many veteran admirals in the battle of Manchuria.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Show me the navy's officer files.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Here.​

Tougou started turning the pages of the file he received.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...this is no good.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ah, what?​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] The girls, their pictures are not included.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Please don't make the selection based on their looks...​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] And you can't know for sure from the name alone.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Please stop selecting only women.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Yeah yeah... Then I'll take this kid and this one as well.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Both of them, then. This man's admiral was a little... Oh well, it will be arranged.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Looking forward to meeting them.​

Two new admirals were recruited. On next turn you shall see who they were... Maybe.

enemys_phase.jpg

dai_143.jpg

Chunt counter-attacks unfortunately my entire fleet is undamaged, so fuck them.

dai_144.jpg

The end result is not surprising.

defence_success.jpg

Missed a picture here, Raizo gained a level.

And thus ends turn 4. This was just a warm-up exercise. Next turn we'll really start rollin'

Last edited:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You couldn't really ally with anyone in Sengoku Rance, so I doubt it's possible here. Though you never know!

Actually it is :smug:

I've started playing this pearl. I don't like the combat much so far. The system in SR was way better. On the flipside it does get interesting and tough.

Because I am learning how to play now, any tips guys? I am having some serious problems with bringing stability to sectors. Like I sometimes put four admirals in the sector it it doesn't rise much (stability is a big deal - without it provinces do not produce any resources).

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The battle system doesn't seem very involved. At least, if properly planned.

JoKa

Cipher
stability rises by one eigth every turn, regardless of the number of admirals present. the only exception are admirals with a special skill (public order or something?), they improve order by one quarter. that's it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Because I am learning how to play now, any tips guys? I am having some serious problems with bringing stability to sectors. Like I sometimes put four admirals in the sector it it doesn't rise much (stability is a big deal - without it provinces do not produce any resources).

Normal admirals raise stability very little (It takes 8 turns for them to go to 100% stability from 0). For certain routes, you need to plan your admiral movement accordingly - some admirals can raise the peace level two or three times faster. Yamamoto has the "peacekeeper" skill, for example. Always have an admiral in a unstable province and try to move your peacekeeper/idol admirals so that you make the most of their ability.

The next update will show you one way to live with the low income in early game, in case you missed it.

TigerKnee

Arcane
For new players who just want to eventually win (and unlock new game + bonuses), note that there are only about 3 time-related events in the game, and one of them is only on 1 specific route. There's no penalty in turtling many many turns and building up mucho resources because the enemy only "upgrade" at fixed intervals that does not involve time (it involves the number of planets you have, so blitzing too fast is not recommended)

Though one of those events just happens to be the appearance of everyone's favourite space mongol. Still, if you get him to appear on a 1st playthrough it's very likely that he'll ream you from behind so it might be better not to trigger him.

Johannes

Arcane
Meh, in a strategy game it seems appropriate that you'd need to plan to be efficient. The time limits in SR were not tight either (unless you want to maximize the score), shame if this one has even less challenge.

TigerKnee

Arcane
If you really want a tough time then blitz through the game ASAP with the bare minimum of ship technology and money. There are videos on Youtube where people actually take down extremely fortified planets early with clever use of certain ship effects.

This playstyle kind of involve way too much micromanagement for me though because you need to switch ships constantly and calculate right down to the exact numbers/level bonuses and I rather play the game a little more organically.

Meh, in a strategy game it seems appropriate that you'd need to plan to be efficient. The time limits in SR were not tight either (unless you want to maximize the score), shame if this one has even less challenge.

Yeah, the time limit in SR only really came into play if you were on your first game and thought spamming end turn to see the character events and get upgrades was a good idea (*whistles*). Otherwise it was pretty hard to get in trouble through the time limits so long as you were actively trying to conquer stuff.

The bigger problem with SR games IMO is that the gourds completely blindsided me. I was expecting something to happen after I got all of them.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well just try to get most of the good commanders before Demon Army whacks them over, it's very difficult. And from mid-game onwards, you're constantly being attacked. The only point where you have breathing space is the very end game.

Johannes

Arcane
Well just try to get most of the good commanders before Demon Army whacks them over, it's very difficult. And from mid-game onwards, you're constantly being attacked. The only point where you have breathing space is the very end game.
And that's why it's satisfying, you actually have to think how to get good commanders instead it being totally granted.
Though you don't actually need to have that good a selection of commanders to get through the game, you don't really need but 1 or 2 armies that can win battles, especially as you get the auto-attack thingies. It's designed so that you can win the game, whatever situation you end up in.
It's quite well balanced overall actually, you get a sense of accomplishemnt when you do things, and it actually matters a bit if you screw up, but not permanently. Even if I'd like a bit more challenge, it's disappointing to have a great roster of commanders but when the enemy only attacks once a turn or so, half of them never see use.

Maybe I should try playing it on the hard difficulty sometime, only played it twice with the 2nd time being Ran route which had pathetically easy endgame. Gotta restrain from using the 100+ bonus points though or it'll be piss easy regardless.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
And that's why it's satisfying, you actually have to think how to get good commanders instead it being totally granted.
Though you don't actually need to have that good a selection of commanders to get through the game, you don't really need but 1 or 2 armies that can win battles, especially as you get the auto-attack thingies. It's designed so that you can win the game, whatever situation you end up in.
It's quite well balanced overall actually, you get a sense of accomplishemnt when you do things, and it actually matters a bit if you screw up, but not permanently. Even if I'd like a bit more challenge, it's disappointing to have a great roster of commanders but when the enemy only attacks once a turn or so, half of them never see use.

Maybe I should try playing it on the hard difficulty sometime, only played it twice with the 2nd time being Ran route which had pathetically easy endgame. Gotta restrain from using the 100+ bonus points though or it'll be piss easy regardless.

Trust me bro. SR on four star hard gets racist. You can have best units with best equipment in game and still lose major battles due to sheer numbers of your enemies. By the end of the game you face 9999 (wo)men units with you slightly over 1000 troops. Fighting 2500++ Takeda chocobo commanders and winning is no mean feat, I'm telling ye.

To be fair, while the combat in Daiteikoku is lacking, I can't say that the game is easy. In fact I consider restarting because due to bad pacing I did not take advantage of the surprise round with the attack on Gamerica. Furthermore, I overinvested in laser ships and am now screwed over when fighting for Rabaul, because you can't use lasers there!! :rage:

Also, Japan starting Galactic War II without carrier technology? :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom