Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Daiteikoku - Legend of the Galactic Hoes [NSFW]

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
HEY CHILDREN... ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!
Let's Play Daiteikoku!

dai_001.jpg

Long before the universe united, small human factions inhabited parts of the vast universe. Nations were established, yet navigation to other regions in the universe—essentially making contact with others—was impossible. Such travels at the time would have required hundreds of years.

However, The Empire of Aeris soon discovered strange bodies scattered throughout the universe. Upon further research, they discovered these, hence called "warp gates," enable one to instantly move from one location to another. And this advancement allowed many regions, previously isolated from each other, to begin making contact—this started the Age of Discovery.

Over time, major powers were established through conquests, destructions, and submissions. The current universe is the very result of this.

It is now 939 A.D, and conflicts continue. At the summit is The Empire of Aeris, the world's largest nation, still at large due to their warp gate technology. They vow to unite the universe, and restore peace to the world. In contrast, The Empire of Japan—the world's oldest nation—is nearly ruined after prolonged wars with The Empire of Chun. But, unable to bear the death of the previous minister and numerous veteran admirals, the Empress (Mikado) takes drastic measures. She appoints Tougou Tsuyoshi, a renown unorthodox admiral, in charge of the nation's navy, which must be rebuilt from practically scratch. Mikado has an eye for potential men, and she believes Tougou Tsuyoshi has what it takes to protect The Empire of Japan.

~​

What is this, Haba-san?

- Well children, it is one of the latest games by Alicesoft, you know the guys who made Sengoku Rance. An epic scale sci-fi conquest SLG. With communists, nazis and space trannies.

Oooh! Is it also an RPG?

- Not in the least. You can level up your admirals but it is pretty straight forward.

Oh. One of those deep strategy games then?

- Uhm... The game is more about planning your actions and optimizing your path. There are very few "random" elements, so you're trying to optimize your output and always field a navy that has more firepower than your opponent.

Is it better than Sengoku Rance?

- Not even close.

Why do you bother then?

- It does demonstrate some interesting ideas that could be applied elsewhere. And hey, after its relative commercial failure, it may be very well the last Alicesoft game of this scale.

Ohkay. Do you think that you'll complete this LP?

- No chance in hell. The game is very long and dialogue heavy. The script for a single playthrough would be somewhere 20-30K lines. Read the first update and you'll see.

The beginning is the same for all paths, so maybe this will help someone else complete the LP once I ragequit it.

Paths? You mean that there are multiple story routes?

- Well yes, there are 9 different endings. A lot of the story events are mutually exclusive, like in Sengoku Rance. Characters can die and entire countries can perish. There is also a special route which is radically different.

Wow! Where can I get this game?

- You can try to hire someone to smuggle it out of Japan. The game is not for sale elsewhere, and due to the touchy political themes, Alicesoft even went to block all foreign access from their website.

Japan? Isn't the game in strange moonspeak then?

- Yes. There is a partial translation patch, which I am using as the basis. It is incomplete and very poor quality in parts. I'll translate the remaining events myself, when I can be bothered. I'll try to correct the most glaring translation errors where I spot them, but don't expect too much.

If you do like what you see, do donate some pennies to the dude translating it. He still has thousands of hours of work in front of him...

Yay! So when can we see the game?

- Just come and sit on uncle Haba's lap and we'll get started right away!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Update 1: Introduction

Month X, Day Y - In The Manchuria Sector of the Beijing Star System.

dai_002.jpg

It consists of 8 Battleships, 17 Cruisers and 37 Destroyers in total.

dai_003.jpg

dai_004.jpg

dai_005.jpg

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] U-huh.

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Oh... Y-your excellency? Its a pleasure to talk to you.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hrmph. You probably have a reason for contacting us, get on with already!

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] O-of course. We confirmed that a fleet of the Chun Empire is approaching this sector.

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] It consists of only 4 ships.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] That's an odd move... What kind of ships are they?

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Oh, just common last generation warships.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] How foolish... Our ships outnumber and outclass them. How do they plan to engage us with that pathetic fleet?

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Very well. Lets teach them a lesson about the superiority of the Japanese Navy.

The Japanese Navy had tried to conquer the Beijing Star System several times in the past.

Hundreds of battles had been fought over it, they were never able to defeat the enemy and gain full control of the territory.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] However, this time will be different. The enemy is already intimidated by us. We will take Beijing by storm.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Sir, the enemy fleet has appeared on our radar, they are in range now. Shall we engage?

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] We shall, this gives us an opportunity to test the strength of our new battleships.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Understood. I will have the capital ships set course.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] No, wait. The new ships are a present from the Empress hershelf. Let's not damage them.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] What are your orders then?

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hmmm... Let's have one of our fleets weaken them first, then we annihilate the remains.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Give Admiral Tougou of the 4th fleet the orders to engage the enemy advance fleet.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Yes Sir!

The bridge of the 4th fleet flagship.

[Operator Girl] Admiral Tougou, here is your coffee~~

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Thank you.

[Operator Girl] Ah... how is it?

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Mhhh. The aroma is perfect.

[Operator Girl] R-really? I'm glad!

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Heh, you know what... I wonder if you taste as good...

[Operator Girl] Oh, maybe you should find it out... I have no plans for tonight--

[Akiyama Keiichirou] ...*cough* Admiral Tougou.

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Got it, I'll find a nice place for us.

[Akiyama Keiichirou] Admiral Tougou!

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Man, you are quite persistent today.

[Akiyama Keiichirou] Its no time for jokes. We just got new orders. We are to engage the enemy advance fleet.

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Well, well... what bad timing. This is quite disappointing, but we have to cut it short.

[Operator Girl] Aww.. what a pity.

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Let's continue our talk later tonight. In bed.

[Operator Girl] Hehehe, sure.

[Akiyama Keiichirou] Admiral Tougou!

[Tougou Tsuyoshi] Ha ha ha. I got it, I got it.

dai_006.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ..so much for relaxing. Looks like I won't get today off.

dai_007.jpg

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] And yet they send only us to attack...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] There is no point in complaining. They expect us to do this, so lets do our best to meet their expectations.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] I appreciate the trust they put in us.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Heh, our Navy Minister doesn't want to get his own hands dirty. Great.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] What ?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Ah, nevermind. Order the 4th Fleet to move out.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Yes Sir.

dai_003.jpg

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] My glorious battleship. The enemy shall not even scratch you.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Heh, seems like the first battle of our new battleship won't come today.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Yes. But hopefully Admiral Tougou will put on a nice show for us.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Yeah. He has achieved great results during his service in the fleet.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] If that man wasnt so irresponsible, I would have promoted him. It's a damn pity.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] I agree... Then again that guy doesnt seem to be interested in promotions.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hmm?

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] He prefers to spend his time chase after girls and considers responsibility unpleasant.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hrm... It's hard to tell if he is a strategic genius or just a fool.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Indeed...

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Mind-boggling, isn't? Huh? Admiral Higuchi, on screen. Who did you report to a while ago?

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Eeeh? I, I did nothing out of the ordinary, I just reported to my subordinate.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hrrrm. I am sure you are aware that transmissions during battle are forbidden.

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Y-yes. I apologize--

*static*

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Well well, he sure is nervous.

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Navy Minister, Don't you think something seems odd?

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hmm? What do you mean?

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] There are very few enemy vessels. We are inside the Chun Empire, yet we've barely seen their fleets yet.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Hmm... Maybe they are waiting to surprise us at the right time.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Let's not give them time then. All ships proceed to the planet Manchuria!

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Yes, sir ! All warships, full speed ahead towards Manchuria.

BOOM!

dai_008.jpg

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] Urgh, our engine... It took a direct hit. We are losing speed!

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Geh... The enemy... Where are they attacking from?

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] What the...? Friendlies... The shots are coming from Admiral Higuchi's fleet, our own forces!

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] WHAT?

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Geez... I am terribly sorry, dear Minister. But I am no longer your fool.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] You bastard... Why are you betraying us?

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] I really didnt want see it to come this, but I had no other choice. No choice at all...

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Blame my inadequate wage, blame the boring duties you assigned me. But don't blame me.

BOOM!

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Augh--! Higuchi, stop this at once you son of a bitch!

jap_admiral_buzzcut.jpg
[Staff Officer] This time the attack came from our rear, the 3rd fleet is also attacking us!

The bridge of the 3rd flagship

[Rear Guard Admiral] Listen up men! The Japanese Navy is our enemy!

[Rear Guard Admiral] We have to fight! Give no mercy!

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] Thats right, Admiral! Attack our enemy relentlessly!

[Rear Guard Admiral] I agree, comrade Higuchi. For Chun Empire! Attaaack!

higuchi_video.jpg
[Admiral Higuchi] ATTAAAAAAAAAAACK!

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] We are about to be destroyed by an enemy from within our own ranks.

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] You will pay for this, even if you destroy this warship.

BOOM!

jap_admiral_old.jpg
[Navy Minister] Aaaaaarrrrghhhhhh!

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Admiral Tougou, the Hinata...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] It was destroyed... We totally stepped into their trap.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] It looks that way... The enemy fleet appeared from behind.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] I count 1, 2...no, 4 fleets of ships. There might be more inbound....

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] We will retreat.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] B-but...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Are you planning to get yourself killed in a pointless battle like this?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ack... I understand. The 4th fleet is making its retreat.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Wise choice. We stand no chance against two of our own modern fleets and the entire Chun Empire.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Also...

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] What?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] One can't die leaving such a cute daughter behind. It's that simple.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Thats... true.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I also got an hot date tonight!

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] You horny bastard!

dai_010.jpg

dai_011.jpg

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] God damn it... What am I going to do with him?

Staff officer Akiyama Keiichirou was not able to hide his anxiety in the hallway.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Today is your official appointment as the New Navy minister and your first audience with the Empress hershelf...

He checks the watch on his arm.

It is AM 6:50. The conference is at AM 8:00.

It will begin in 1 hour, 10 minutes. But as they cannot be running in the hallways today, there is no time to waste.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Shit... He is truly out of his damn mind!

Akiyama was very worried. There was no sign of his boss at the designated meeting place.

However, today running late was not an option. The thought of Tougou walking around the Navy Headquarters causing mischief made him sick.

Tougou didnt appear at the meeting place. His calls went to the answering machine.

He was way behind the appointed time.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Urgh... the stress!

Akiyama's stomach begins to ache.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ehh... I am not your secretary, wife or your mother!

Akiyama started to run down the corridor.

He catches his breath in front of a door.

This was the room of his boss, Tougou.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Please let him be there. Please!

He took out a spare key and opened the door.

*click*

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Good morning, Admiral Tougou.

[???] Munyaa...

A young voice answered Akiyama.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Maki-chan?

maki.jpg
[Maki] *yawn* ...morning, A-chan.

dai_012.jpg

A small girl laying on the bed lifts her head up and greets him with a smile.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ah... Good morning, Maki-chan.

Her name is Maki.

She is Tougou's daughter who just turned 6 this year.

maki.jpg
[Maki] Munyaa~~ Whats up? Today is Sunday... a day of rest.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ha, ha ha. Even on a holidays we have a lot of work to do.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Say, Maki-chan do you know where your dad is?

maki.jpg
[Maki] Its Sunday, so he probably went somewhere to play with a woman. Like always.

Maki answers coolly.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Gah... This guy is not suited to raise a child.

maki.jpg
[Maki] Don't worry, dad is a grown-up. He is free to do whatever he wants.

She was also free to do whatever she wanted.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ahahaha. I need to calm down... Calm down... Who could he have gone to...

Akiyama took out his organizer and checked it, thoroughly reviewing the list he'd made.

About 20 people were in the list of women at whom Tougou had made advances recently.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Lets see... Whose room are you at today?

Akiyama began to analyze the suspects starting at the top of the list.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Nr.1, can't be. Nr.2, no way in hell. Nr.3 seemed interested in Tougou recently.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Aaah... What on earth am I doing? I feel like a stalker.

maki.jpg
[Maki] A-chan, listen up. I think dad said something about going to this person's room.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Oh... Thank you.

Akiyamas finger still was on the number that Maki showed him as he was letting out a deep sigh.

Navy Staff Quarters, Misaki Gotou's room

[Gatou Misaki] Aaaah...

She rests her cheek on the chest of the man sleeping next to her, completely satisfied.

Her name is Misaki Gotou. This thing had been going on between her and Tougou since she became a Navy secretary.

[Gatou Misaki] Hehe...

Misaki adored Tougou. She would do anything for him. She knew that he isn't the kind of man who could be tied to one woman, but she accepted that.

She was ok with being his plaything, and shared many nights of pleasure and lust with him.

[Gatou Misaki] I have been your plaything all this time... but only because you fuck me so well...

Misaki ran her lips along Tougous neck to tease him.

[Gatou Misaki] Will you do me again when you wake up?

She runs her finger over his chest playfully.

*ring* *ring*

Her cellphone rang.

dai_013.jpg

Misaki tried to whisper on the phone so she wouldnt wake up Tougou who slept like a rock.

[Gatou Misaki] What? Akiyama-san?

[Gatou Misaki] Yes, Tougou is here. He will call back as soon as he wakes up...

[Gatou Misaki] Ah, ok. I understand, so there is no time left.

Misaki understood the urgency of the situation because Akiyama sounded very nervous.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Eeeh... Wha... *yawn* What is this...? Its way too early.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] What the hell is your problem? ...did you forget, Admiral Tougou?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] We have a meeting with the Empress in less than one hour.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I see... Thats terrible.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Don't act as if it isn't your problem! You are about to become the Navy Minister, you can't show up late!

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Ahh. I got it, I got it. Don't be upset, I'm on my way.

dai_014.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Haha. Sorry, Misaki, I really need to run. I would have loved to be with you a little bit longer, but some really annoying people require my attention.

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] Thats OK. Your job of defending our Empire is very important.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] To be completely honest, I hate those boring conferences. They are so dull, I will probably fall asleep in front of the Empress.

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] Hehehe... Come on, you are exaggerating.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You got me.

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] But if you need to relax after the conference I am here to take good care of you.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You are a good woman, taking care of your man.

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] D-don't flutter me...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Thank you. Last night really helped me relax. I have to go now!

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] Alright, see you soon.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Yep.

dai_015.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] We are. Thanks to you.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Try being a bit more punctual next time so we won't have to do so much running.

Akiyama felt like a burden had been taken off him. He was glad that they made it, but at the same time having Tougou here made him uneasy.

Tougou and Akiyama, the perfect team.

Akiyama was assigned to Tougou as a staff officer, when Tougou took command of his first fleet.

He trusts in Tougou's superior abilities as a commander.

But all that faith vanishes when Akiyama considers his lack of discipline.

Tougou behaves reckless and keeps causing a lot of trouble.

Akiyama believes in true love, while Tougou believes having sex with as many women as possible is the goal of life.

Tougou was recently appointed Navy Minister, supreme commander over the entire Navy.

Akiyama wondered many times why they chose him over other candidates.

However, things are the way they are.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Urg, my stomach is killing me again...

If anything was ever to make his stomach explode it would be Tougou becoming Navy Minister, he decided.

Today they were about to attend this conference because of Tougous sudden promotion.

There they would meet Empress Mikado.

Four ministers attend this conference alongside Mikado to decide about the future of the Japanese Empire.

What if Tougou makes some careless mistake?

For Akiyama, Tougou's involvement in the future of the Empire was truly frightening.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Urgh...

The thought alone caused his stomach to ache.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Whats the matter? Does it hurt somewhere?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...no, I am fine. But next time please tell me where you are going the night before.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Wait... You are acting like my mother. Do you have to follow me 24/7?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] I don't want to follow you, but you leave me no choice!

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Aaa, wait a second. Let me adjust your collar, it looks a bit messy.

Akiyama straightens Tougou's clothes energetically.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] We have an audience with the Empress. Your clothes need to be in order.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Sure thing. You'll sure make a fine wife someday.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ....

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] What is it?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...are you being sarcastic?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Nope.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] *blush*

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Don't cry...

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...I am not crying!

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Please be a bit more serious about the conference. Don't be impolite to Empress Mikado!

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Got it. Even I can behave once in awhile.... here we go.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Yes... lets move.

dai_016.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hi, everyone.

dai_018.jpg

dai_017.jpg

Everyone was staring at Tougou, who had just taken his seat.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Heh. I know you can find me attractive, but don't stare like that, its quite embarassing.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Wha-!? This bum doesnt belong in here! We are at an imperial conference!

Sakura Ugaki, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] This is your first conference, yet you waltz in so casually---

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Calm down, Master Ugaki. The Empress is arriving soon.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Well... you are right. But his lack of respect will insult our Empress. Mark my words.

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] It won't...

Rikori Yamashita, the Army Minister stared at Tougou quietly, asking him to behave.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Thank you, you saved my ass.

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] I didnt do it for you. I can't allow frivolous behaviour in the presence of Empress Mikado.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You look so cool saying that...

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] What?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I like women who know what they want. In fact, you are just my type.

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Hmph! If you put your filthy hands on our Empress, I will teach you how to dislike my type.

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] I havent used my katana in a long time, but I would always draw it for Mikado.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Empress Mikado. I saw her on television once... She looked gracious, wise, like a born leader.

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] What?

Yamashita seemed to doubt Tougou's words, when sudden music announced the entry of the Empress.

dai_019.jpg

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] ...

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] ...

Ugaki and Yamashita bowed down in front of Mikado, forcing a smile as if nothing had happened.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...is something wrong?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...she seems to be very easygoing. Hitting on her would be...

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] ...

Yamashita glances at Tougou.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...Yeah, yeah.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Ah, you must be Tougou. Yep yep, you look just as handsome as on the photograph.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Your praise honors me. No need to be formal with me, just call me Tougou-chan please!

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Sure, Tougou-chan it is! You can call me Mikado-chan.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Hold it right there! Mikado, you are the ruler of our Empire. You can't have people adress you like that.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Ehh!? I am sure it would make our Empire seem a lot more friendly.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] No, this isn't right.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Meh... fine, I get it. Don't call me 'Mikado-chan' after all.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] What a pity.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Tell me about it, Tougou-chan.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Urgh... no 'Tougou-chan' either!

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...cruel old geezer.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Huh? What did you just say?

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Oh, nothing at all. Lets begin the conference... Nekohira, our 4th minister is absent?

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Yes. Sickness kept him from attending.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Oh, thats awful. I hope he will get healthy again soon.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Well, let us move on to the official promotion of Tougou Tsuyoshi then.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Yes.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Ta-daah~~ In the name of the Empress Mikado you are hereby promoted to Navy Minister.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Rain or shine, please work hard every single day for the future of our Empire.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] That's a bit troublesome. I really enjoy my Sundays.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Hehe, you are funny. Of course you will get days off in between.

Mikado understood his little joke and played along.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Then, I take this title with respect.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Do that. I expect a lot of you.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Hrrrrm...

Ugaki stares at Tougou provocatively.

Ministers are chosen by other ministers recommendations, but ultimately it is the Empress who makes the final decision.

Apparently Mikado has ignored everyones recommendations and chose a Navy Minister on her own.

Yamashita was also appointed by Mikado, but Ugaki seems fine with that.

Perhaps because she is as stubborn as him. Ugaki and Yamashita are actually very alike.

Mikado was disappointed though, she thought a woman would bring more warmth into this.

So, when she had to appoint a new Navy Minister, this time she chose a young man, Tougou, whose file she read.

He was chosen because of his skills of course.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Hey, Ugaki. Arent you going to retire soon? I want to replace you with someone cuter.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Haha, you must be joking. I am still on active duty. My life for the nation! I will serve our Empire until the day I die.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Huh... But you always keep saying "I am getting too old for this nonsense".

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Err, I do say that... But I don't mean it that way...

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Yeah, yeah. You don't mean it.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Right... So, the battle over Manchuria was the next part we have to discuss.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...Yep.

A sad look suddenly spread across Mikado's face.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] We suffered heavy losses... Two brave admirals, the Navy Minister and many others died that day.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] We lost 8 battleships, 13 cruisers, 30 destroyers and 10 support ships.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] We were betrayed by Admiral Higuchi's men, and their treacherous defection to the Chun Empire has cost us dearly.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Yes...

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] ...please don't blame yourself.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Our new Navy Minister will reorganize our fleets, deal with those traitors and make the Chun Empire pay.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...Yes.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Mikado, I know this is really sad. But I also wonder why they betrayed our Empire, I cannot understand them.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Yes... this is indeed tragic. Betrayal always takes place when people don't get along with each other...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Therefore, Tougou...

Mikado looks at Tougou with hope in her eyes.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] You must reorganize our Navy, so everyone gets along well with each other.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...I am honoured. I guarantee you that I will get along especially well with the women.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Hehehe. There is something I have for you. Yamashita, bring it here.

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Understood.

Yamashita prepared a brush and japanese paper, and Mikado wrote the symbol of 'the group' on it.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] The heart of the group. There is a saying that goes: "Harmony in the group is important, for a harmonious group is unshakeable in its foundation."

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] When all links in that chain are held together by the power of friendship, the group will succeed.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Teamwork is the key to success.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Yes. You got it.

Mikado approvingly smiles at what he said.

After going through some other, minor issues the conference drew to an end.

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Alright then...

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Excuse me.

Ugaki and Yamashita take a bow and leave.

Tougou also stands up from his seat.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Hey, Tougou. Wait a moment.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Yes, what was it?

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Excuse me, Tougou... I have high expectations of you, after the things you said. Therefore...

Mikado held out her hand towards Tougou quietly.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...lets protect the Empire together.

Their hands met and sealed a secret pact between both of them.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Mikado...

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...its a promise.

Her small hand was warmer than he thought.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Yes.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...Yes, I am sure of it now. You are the kind of person I hoped for, all along.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Huh?

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] I can feel a persons intentions by touching them. Surprised?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I am... That is quite an ability. What kind of person am I then?

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Well... if I had to describe you, I would say a very inspiring person.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] That honors me. Then I shall try my best to inspire the whole Empire of Japan.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Sorry to keep you waiting, Akiyama.

Tougou met Akiyama in front of the building after the conference was over.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] No problem. Did something happen at the conference?

He knew Tougou hated conferences, the cheerful expression on Tougous face scared him a bit.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha, nothing happened at all, don't worry.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...Ah, good.

Akiyama, who had been dealing with Tougou for years, let out a sigh of relief.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] So, Admiral... I mean Minister Tougou... What kind of person is the Empress?

This question came to him naturally. Mikado lived in her own world, isolated from the outside and only the ministers got to meet her in person.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You wanna know?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Y-yes... tell me, I promise to keep it a secret.

Akiyama was a bit ashamed about his curiosity.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ah, I sound pathetic.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] No offense, but you really do…..

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] I can't help it. I have been waiting here the whole time, wondering what happens in there.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Thats true.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Well, I was surprised….. Mikado is such an easygoing and kind girl.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...You could say she inspired me. I am determined to do my best, not only for Maki, but also for her.

The bridge of Tougou's flagship Nagato--

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Minister Tougou. I gathered the new admirals of the Navy on our bridge as requested.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] They will be your closest allies, fighting under your command in battles yet to come.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Here I am. I have high expectations for all of you. Lets see if you can fulfill them.

The new admirals lined up on the bridge and Tougou nodded satisfied.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Unfortunate...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] What?

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...that we lost many good admirals in the battle of Manchuria. But its good to see some new faces around here...

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Uhm... the ratio of women is a bit high. You didn't base your choice on gender, now did you?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha, of course not. I chose the most skilled candidates.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Thats fine, but...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Grhm ...of course, if some candidates have the same level of skill, its ladies first.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Gah...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] They are all here now. Let me greet them.

The first admiral he met was an old veteran.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Greetings, old friend. Good to see that the Grim Reaper still hasn't taken you away from us.

dai_020.jpg

yamamoto.jpg
[Yamamoto] And damn... you have got guts, for sending such an old geezer like me back to the frontline, youngster.

Yamamoto grinned, his old skin carving deep wrinkles into his face.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Someone has to take care of you. Did you bring that hot nurse of yours along with you?

yamamoto.jpg
[Yamamoto] Yeah. She is a good girl who knows how to take care of old gentlemen.

yamamoto.jpg
[Yamamoto] And she's got a nice body to boot!

He smiles and slaps the ass of his nurse.

dai_021.jpg

hitomi.jpg
[Hitomi] I hope to keep his stamina up.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...

hitomi.jpg
[Hitomi] Huh...? Did I say something wrong?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] S-sorry. I was just captivated by your beauty. Pleasure to meet you.

hitomi.jpg
[Hitomi] The pleasure is all mine.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Seriously... old man, this woman is way too hot for someone like you.

yamamoto.jpg
[Yamamoto] Come on, let me have my fun.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You are not a young man anymore.

yamamoto.jpg
[Yamamoto] Hahaha, that I can't deny.

hitomi.jpg
[Hitomi] Yamamoto-san, its time... You have to take your bath.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Heh...

dai_022.jpg

A man steps in front of Tougou, blocking his view at the ass of the nurse.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Right. And you are?

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] Hah! Me? Name's Tanaka Raizo, you musta heard that name before.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Now that you mention it... I did. Your file has interesting things in it.

Tanaka commanded a destroyer during the battle of Manchuria with excellent results.

However he had trouble following the orders of his superior officers, and his disobedience made him quite a problem child.

Luckily for him, the Admiral he disobeyed was killed at Manchuria, so he wasnt charged.

With Tougou appointing him as an admiral, this was the first time he was his own superior.

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] Tougou-san. Thanks for choosing me as your admiral, thats totally cool.

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] I will give a hundred percent. No mountain is too tall for me to climb, because I am the champ. Be prepared. I am aiming for your position.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You are welcome to try. Give it your best shot.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] However, I won't tolerate disobedience. I entrust you with a fleet, so do not disappoint me.

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] Yes, man. The enemy will tremble before us.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hm... what an interesting guy. Now, who is next...

Tougou spotted a girl in the corner of the bridge. She was resting her head on her arms.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Ozawa Matsuri, you look as cute as on the picture of your file.

dai_023.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha. No, I wasnt joking. I only told the truth.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] ...ah. It felt like a joke for a moment.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] Minister Tougou, I have a question to ask you...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] What is it? I'll gladly thell you everything about my private life.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] Actually... I want to know why you chose me as your admiral...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Because you are excellent.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] Even though I just graduated from the academy, without any combat experience?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] You are perfect, don't worry. Don't question your abilities.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] I-if I screw up, will you get mad at me and "punish" me for my failure?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] No, I won't. I don't believe in such methods.

Saying this, he puts his hand on her shoulder.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I believe praise works much better.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] Haa...?

He looked into her eyes while Ozawas face turned deeply red.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] T-this guy. Has he already selected his next prey...?

Tougous hand travelled down to Ozawa's waist.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...Don't look at me like that. I have to make sure my crew matches all of my requirements.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Apart from that, she graduated on top of her class and excels at information warfare.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] It should make up for the lack of actual combat experience.

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] I-is that so? I apologize.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Thats alright. Ah, here is another admiral...

dai_024.jpg

Nagumo Keiko greets him joyfully.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha, are you trying to seduce me?

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Please, I am a married woman. I can't cheat on my husband, although you don't make it easy to resist...

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I see. If you ever change your mind...

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Haha, you are just as naughty as they say.

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] My husband is a much higher rank than me in the Navy. Why did you choose me and not him?

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I choose by ability, not by rank. You are far more skilled than him.

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Ah? ...When you say it like that my husband sounds like a loser.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Sorry. I assigned your husband to your fleet, so both of you can fight together as a couple.

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Thats great. We will fight for our future together.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Alright.

dai_025.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I have assembled the admirals I need for the creation of a new Japanese Navy.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] First of all we need to deal with Manchuria.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] But our top priority remains to survive.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...Or to put it bluntly, to run away if the odds are against us.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] This has nothing to do with cowardice, so don't misunderstand it as such.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] We simply cannot waste any more lives.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] It is very important that all of you keep this in mind.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] But how do we beat our enemy?

Everyone holds their breath and listens to Tougou's words very closely.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha. Leave it to me, I have a plan.

A devilish grin appeared on Tougous face.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] All you guys have to do is to take good care of each other and do your best.

yamamoto.jpg
[Yamamoto] Hm... those are wise words, youngster.

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] Hah, that sounded kinda cool.

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Hehehe, you are an interesting man.

Matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] ...I'm hungry.

Everyone reacted differently to his words. However, he had achieved what he wanted, to break the ice and to create a comfortable mood.

Maybe that was his goal all along.

Thus the new Japanese Navy was born, under the command of Tougou.

Last edited:
Cool, but wake me up when the mongols appear;), following my own lp is enough for me at the time.

lightbane

Arcane
Rance's grandson/latest reincarnation finally appears!! Too bad this he's too nice and even has a daughter:decline: Oh well, let's see how it goes.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Japanese Empire? Heh.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I also got an hot date tonight!

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] You horny bastard!
tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Grhm ...of course, if some candidates have the same level of skill, its ladies first.

:lol: Okay, despite this being a hentai game, I guess I'll be following this one, at least until it gets too pornographic and over the top.

So that's what the Japanese Navy looks like. :lol: This is just so ridiculous.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Yay! I wanted to give this game a shot after Sengoku Rance turned out to be so good but never could get it working, so this is the next best thing.

JoKa

Cipher
a shame the game is a far cry away from the quality sengoku rance has, but it's good for what it is (especially after they added scouting via patch...before was derp). so i hope you will lp this game for a while...the ultimate idol (=femhitler=most codexian) route should be fully translated ;)

Johannes

Arcane
What was the reception like in Japan btw? It's apparently got simplified combat compared to Sengoku, is that usually considered the reason this was a commercial letdown as you said, or something else? Or just not enough interest in text-heavy strategy hentai games to start with.

Rance's grandson/latest reincarnation finally appears!! Too bad this he's too nice and even has a daughter:decline: Oh well, let's see how it goes.

The actual Rance makes a cameo as the mongolian leader. I'm waiting for the delicious mass rape.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
So that's what the Japanese Navy looks like. :lol: This is just so ridiculous.

Yep, that's how it looks like since the immortal God-Empress of Japanese Empire decided to personally choose the guy who'd reform the military. After seeing his hot CV photo.

And those admirals are just the beginning, trust me.

Though there is a traditionalist faction within the Jap military that still shows how the "normal" military is supposed to be...

Yamamoto seems like a total bro, even if he's probably popping viagra like a champ.

Yeah, he is pretty cool. I wish all of the characters were like him. Though a game about grizzled old men joking about their erectile dysfunctions would be...

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Gameplay wise, Daiteikoku is really simple. As mentioned above, the difficulty is really in clever placement of your fleets. Though commanders are stuck moving around the map, fleets aren't. So you can use your most powerful ships on one side of the map one turn and defend all the way on the other end the next. This makes the game very much about keeping certain amount of admirals in strategic places to defend while you plow through the opposition somewhere else.

In a shout out to BBA's mechanics, you have to keep one admiral in your territories until these reach full order. But there's no income to keep track of and, once the order is full, you can just move on and forget about them. So that's quite less complex (which might be a good thing, if you've played BBA end game and experienced keeping track of 50 territories and how to maximize your income / order characters within them).

I found BBA to be the more enjoyable game, personally. It also has something of post endgame content in the form of chaos mode, which Daiteikoku doesn't. However, Daiteikoku is a nice experience to go through at least once. It's tough, especially while you're still learning how to play and wondering what ship combinations make for effective fleets. Daiteikoku also comes with multiple endings as BBA and, should that be your cup of tea, there's plenty to choose from.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Will be following it closely. Could it be that japanese porn game developers beat the shit out of western AAA studios yet again?

spekkio

Arcane
^
Yes. Alicesoft is the new Troika. This is what it has come to.

:smug:

^
Yes. Alicesoft is the new Troika. This is what it has come to.

:smug:

If they are the western Troika I hope they finish the Rance saga before they dissapear. Rance 9 is in the works, and 10 is said to be the last, it would suck if they didn't finish it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Will be following it closely. Could it be that japanese porn game developers beat the shit out of western AAA studios yet again?
I already found it rather shocking that a hentai game has a more expensive (and better) looking opening cinematic than any of Capcom's games for several years.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

For being an obligatory busty nurse™ she is really quite attractive. Just look at that submissive smile and provocative pose...! :oops:

(candlelit monitor-date incoming)

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
3rd page abandon.

Or when you get to your first sex scene and need to translate it yourself because the patch doesn't.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Personally, I'd skip over all the dialog and just showcase the game.

Besides, "Haaa! Haaa~!" speaks for itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom