Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Crusader Kings II: The Isle of Retards

Vernydar

Learned
Too Easy depends on what you do actually, more than where you choose to be. Each person has it's own set of values. For example, in my opinion
- if you use assassination the game is too easy
- if you use crusades the game is too easy
- If you give kingdom titles away the game is too easy

But this is just how I play, so this is your thread and you do what you want.

Isle of man because it's fun being the smallest piece of dirt on the continent, and one at a risk of being attacked from every side. Including scotland.

That said, new character. no op traits. 100% fertility if you want.

newcomer

Learned
Vernydar

Now that you said it... How about an Irish Monophyshite? :smug:

And for the status... Can you define "No OP traits"? Of course I won't pick Genius or Quick, but maybe Strong is alright?
Also, how about the status itself? How many status can be 20+ ? And for the rest I'll dump it to fertility & health

And for my first action... it will be swearing fealty to Scotland I think.. The Duke of Isles always get fucked by Scotland in my games, so I won't trust him

I guess I will be posting the preview of the character in a few hours...
Also, do you guys want me to use your nicknames in naming children?

For the vassal kings... Let's see how big I'll become. The rule I currently follow is that I will only hand over kingdoms which are within my dejure and hold the rest, because if I hand over everything all my vassal kings will attack each other for being outside my Crown Authority. But not handing over those titles is the same for asking death wish, particularly because the new 1.06b actually programmed AI to be more rebellious during independence war

newcomer

Learned
Oh, and regarding what I actually do that I regard it "Too Easy"?

See how I play later. Of course feel free to comment, even the negative ones. Rest assured that harshly taxing my vassals & exploiting methods to vassalize mercenaries is not my playstyle (though I do vassalize holy orders.... but more for the sake of lulz & I don't make myself the Grandmaster in that case)

newcomer

Learned
ck2_289.jpg

ck2_290.jpg

Comment guys! If everyone is happy with this I will begin the journey :incline:

newcomer

Learned
Besides, it wouldn't be very codexian to have everyone like you. Give DU high intrigue instead, to "ban" people.

Good suggestion. Then I'll just trade the Grey Eminence with Elusive Shadow (Intrigue) & reverse the diplo & intrigue?
I should also mention that Catholics hate Monophysites down to the core, if we become a councillor the pope will ask our liege to jail us ;)

Oh, and everyone who posted in this thread will have their name added as children of DU :)

newcomer

Learned
Humble Beginnings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ck2_445.jpg

Painting of the dynasty founder, Underlord Ua Codex

Traits: Elusive Shadow, Strong, Hedonist, Lustful, Greedy, Patient, Content, Zealous, Lunatic (Praise be to God!), Wounded

It is still a mystery until today how the Ua Codex family came into power. Historical records suggest that the founder of the dynasty, Underlord Ua Codex, went on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem after being excommunicated by the Catholic Pope (a few articles stated that he was sold as a slave to Jerusalem*). It was not clear why he was excommunicated in the first place. During his stay, he saw a vision of what he described as a blinding light, in which he heard a voice telling him that the Catholic Church is heretical, and commanded him to follow the teachings of the priests of the Abyssinia Empire. And thus he embraced Monophysitism, and through some lucky coincidence, managed to return to the Isle.

Once he arrived on his home village, he began performing many miracles, until the lord of the Isle stepped down in order for the Isle obtained the blessings of God through Underlord’s rule. However, his rule is not without opposition from the local inhabitants. Adversaries began spreading false information about Underlord’s behavior, stressing how he loved to punch and kick random people & shout meaningless stuffs at completely random time, even during diplomatic meetings.

And Underlord’s comment regarding these people?

BAN THEM

*This article lacks proper citation. You can help Codexpedia by providing one.

newcomer

Learned
Marshal, BAN them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have no times for retards and popamolists. Marshal, BAN THEM!"
Count Underlord Ua Codex, 15th September 1066

Although the voices at Jerusalem told him that Catholic is a heresy, not everyone appreciate that fact even after they are shown miracles. Count Underlord is very disappointed with the current acceptance rate of the One True Faith among his courts.

ck2_446.jpg

Bishop Fedlimid, a popamolist, was recorded telling Underlord:
“Truly, God is all-loving that he allowed a lunatic and heretic like you to perform miracles.”
Imagine how much butthurt did he felt!

ck2_448.jpg

Thus, on the first day of his rule, Underlord scoured the entire Isle for clear-sighted, pious, and of course, non-popamolist people. They are elevated to the status of a noble.

ck2_449.jpg

Then, he appointed a Marshal!

ck2_450.jpg

He approached the drooling imbecile bishop…

ck2_1.jpg

And banned him for good! (Permanent ban will be executed after Underlord’s confession of sins)

After all the stressful arguments with the jailed popamolist, Underlord replaced all his councilors with believers of the One True Faith. He sent his Chancellor to recover his “lost claims” for the county of Breifne, his Steward to squeeze more money from tax-evaders, his Spymaster to secure the capital by building spy networks, and his Court Chaplain to educate the peasants with the One True Faith.

ck2_452.jpg

He then proceed to pray for a wife, and apparently found a genius, although not necessarily attractive, lady

ck2_455.jpg

And married her!

ck2_456.jpg

And thus his prayer is fulfilled! Praise be to God!

ck2_457.jpg

Now he is pious enough to perma-ban the bishop!

ck2_447.jpg

He told the mayor, “YOU’RE NEXT!”
He prayed day and night to obtain revelation on the best day to ban the mayor.

ck2_460.jpg

Meanwhile, his wife is pregnant! Praise be to God!

ck2_462.jpg

And finally, the fated day arrived!

ck2_463.jpg

And after perma-banned him, Underlord now has enough money to build an administration institution for the enhancement of the economy. Truly he is blessed by God, for where does the money for building the institution came from if not from Him?

ck2_464.jpg

Norfleet

I should also mention that Catholics hate Monophysites down to the core, if we become a councillor the pope will ask our liege to jail us ;)
Nah, they only hate you about as much as they hate all Orthodox, unless this was changed: Monophysite is considered an Orthodox Heresy, which means Catholics merely dislike you, but other Orthodoxes and Islamics hate you (and vice versa).

newcomer

Learned
Nah, they only hate you about as much as they hate all Orthodox, unless this was changed: Monophysite is considered an Orthodox Heresy, which means Catholics merely dislike you, but other Orthodoxes and Islamics hate you (and vice versa).

Yes, but if we play as a Catholic & have a Monophysite as our councilor (Chancellor, Spymaster, ect.), the popamole will ask us to jail them.
In fact, one unlucky Ua Codex will get jailed this way :smug:

And rejoice, I've got enough pics worth 2 lifetime of Ua Codex rulers. Now I'll only need to LARP a bit... (and create new photobucket & imgur account)

newcomer

Learned
Oh btw, do you guys mind if the heirs of Ua Codex become a Diplomat who is loved by everyone? Or stick to being hated by everyone? (Rest assured that the next ruler is quite hated...)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emissary of the Holy Land

The Isle is a De Jure part of Duchy of Isles.
The Isle is also a De Jure part of the Kingdom of Scotland.
However, there's no way I'll kneel to those HERETICS!

Count Underlord Ua Codex, 24th April 1070

ck2_3.jpg

Paintings of Vernydar Ua Codex, first son of Underlord Ua Codex.

Some of the reforms Underlord made is to make sure that only Monophysites hold any power in his court.

ck2_7-1.jpg

Thus, the moment a popamolist pleaded to be made a councilor, he realized that there are always room for improvements.

ck2_9-1.jpg

Once again, Underlord scoured the Isle for people of the One True Faith. And he found a skillful one, at least skillful enough to shut the popamolist’s mouth.

ck2_13.jpg

ck2_15.jpg

Underlord also believed that love is able to change the nature of a man. By giving his wife a present worth his savings for one year, he managed to opened her heart to accept the grace of God.

On 24th April 1070, Underlord decided that right now the Duke of Isles is a threat to the independence of the Isle. However, he loathed the thought of bowing to him, for he is a HERETIC.

ck2_21.jpg

Instead Underlord set sail for the Abyssinia Empire, hoping to secure their protection. It is worthy to note that Abyssinia is a virtually landlocked country from Europe’s perspective, so Underlord never hoped them to actually help him in his wars.

ck2_22.jpg

The Ethiopian King is fascinated with Underlord’s skills & faith. Thus, he immediately agreed to his proposal

ck2_23.jpg

ck2_26.jpg

And showered him with great honor!

ck2_24.jpg

ck2_27.jpg

Just as how the three kings from the East gifted their treasures to Jesus, The Lord blessed him with three treasures. One is the mass conversion of peasants to the One True Faith. The other two are his sons.

ck2_28.jpg

And his wounds are healed! Praise be to God!

ck2_29.jpg

On 2th January 1071, Underlord Ua Codex finally managed to recover his lost claim on the County of Breifne. According to some experts, this marks the beginning of the Ua Codex legacy on Europe.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
You'll have to bow down to one of the powers that be in the region, because I don't think your Abyssinian patron will last for long. :smug:

Unless you somehow manage to subject the petty counts of Ireland before Scotland, Norway, England or the Isles manage to do so.

newcomer

Learned
You'll have to bow down to one of the powers that be in the region, because I don't think your Abyssinian patron will last for long. :smug:

Unless you somehow manage to subject the petty counts of Ireland before Scotland, Norway, England or the Isles manage to do so.

There's a good reason to choose Breifne as a starting point: it's a 2-county dukedom, so you can immediately subjugate another county after winning this war.
And once you're a duke, you can rely on title claimants instead of waiting for new "recovered claims :smug:", so things gets much easier down there

P.S. Especially when we have a hated leader who specializes in "banning" people :smug:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Struggle for power

Reserved for update

Sorry I'm too tired yesterday... Will create new post & update in a few hours

newcomer

Learned
Struggle for power

"BAN EVERYONE WHO DESTROYS MY CODEX!!!"

While Underlord have enough soldier to recover his “rightful” title, he knows well that he should make a better preparation for the war. This is especially true in the finance department, for Underlord have to declare himself a duke right after the war, right before the Abyssinian Emperor declared himself one and give it to his own son, for Underlord knows what is his true goal behind all the richness he showered to Underlord.

ck2_30.jpg

Having successfully recovered claims for Breifne, Chancellor Ricard is sent to the neighbouring county Oriel to recover another “lost claim”

ck2_31.jpg

Meanwhile, a peculiar case of “horny boars” are brought into Underlord’s attention. Underlord showed how just his rule is in ruling the emerging Codex family.

ck2_34.jpg

Another member! Welcome JagreenLern!

ck2_35.jpg

Having gathered a considerable amount of jewgold, Underlord decided that the time has arrived for Breifne to return to his hand.

ck2_48.jpg

He let the cowardly Breifne soldiers pass through and proceed to capture the target area.

ck2_50.jpg

Meanwhile, good news has come from our steward that he has managed to squeeze collect some jewgolds from the peasants

ck2_52.jpg

He sacked the city of the infidel!

ck2_55.jpg

And crushed their army! INFIDELS MUST DIE!

ck2_58.jpg

Thanks to the leadership of the brave Underlord, the righteous army has crushed the Catholic HERETICS!

ck2_60.jpg

Underlord proceed to kill the Catholic HERETICS who captured his city. Meanwhile, Vernydar turned into a little braggart. While he is happy with this, he should rein Vernydar a bit for Underlord is not great… YET!

ck2_61.jpg

A female; the least thing Underlord can expect! He is quite confused to what name he shall give her. At the end, he opened a secret book titled “LPs of the toothbrush-loving onii-chan”, and pulled the cutest name available from there.

ck2_62.jpg

MOAR JEWGOLDS!

ck2_63.jpg

And suddenly our jewgold collector dies! He must have squeezed these money instead of asking for them nicely! Oh well, one less mouth to feed

ck2_66.jpg

And the Isle is liberated!

ck2_67.jpg

Underlord crushed the infidels under his boots!

ck2_69.jpg

ALL HAIL CODEX!

ck2_71.jpg

CONVERT THE HERETICS!

ck2_73.jpg

And for the few who refused, BAN THEM!

ck2_82.jpg

Sadly, Underlord got bored of the Holy Scriptures already, for he has completely memorized them.

ck2_85.jpg

Fafnir shared his toys with the peasant’s son! While not the best things to do, this might give him an edge in collecting jewgolds.

ck2_88.jpg

And Vernydar pointed out how fat is that monster who calls herself “lady”. Serves her right!

ck2_89.jpg

And finally, approximately three years after the heretics in Breifne are converted, Underlord has gathered more loyal subjects to crush the popamolists like a skull of pig!

ck2_94.jpg

More lost claims!

ck2_99.jpg

The heretics, seeing the strength of Underlord, decided to abandon the thought of sacking his Isle!

ck2_104.jpg

BAN THE HERETICS! Well, not yet; he might escape. Underlord will have to wait his marshal to get this heretic.

ck2_110.jpg

At the end, he escaped the banning with hacks and cheats. What a shame… But Underlord still have more armies to capture him

ck2_113.jpg

Another girl! This time Underlord has a good name in his mind, Bee!

ck2_116.jpg

And the heretics are captured and banned!

And thus, on 17 October 1080, the Codex managed to secure its seat of power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please suggest on these topics:
- List of baby girl name (or is it fine to put your nicks as girl names?)
- Whether the heir of Codex should have extremely low diplomacy (so that Codex are hated by everyone :smug: )
- Alternatively, should the heir of Codex gradually becomes liked by everyone?

I should tell you beforehand that I have progressed far past these scenes, so your suggestion may take updates to take effect. But rest assured that if you are the ones who are in favor of being hated, then I can give you a little spoiler that the next few rulers are... retards :smug:

newcomer

Learned
More bump needed. Also, answer my questions.

I'll be going away for a few days without internet access. If you guys managed to bump the page, maybe I'll post one or two more updates

newcomer

Learned
Furthermore if the next rulers are retarded, they should make equally retarded decisions, like say invading England. M:

They're not exactly retarded (not a drooling imbecile, sorry :( ), but at least they are retarded diplomatically ;)
At least, they know how to handle jewgolds

And I've added your name as one of my "Quick" (pseudo-genius) male baby, but of course I can put your name for female babies as well

lightbane

Arcane
- Alternatively, should the heir of Codex gradually becomes liked by everyone?

This, we are supposed to be the Master Race after all... M:

Vernydar

Learned
Hmm poor Vernydar is not really showing promise with stewardship. Let's hope he improves in the seven years he has.

Personally, I am currently playing a little bit as an orthodox in ireland. I don't like heresy much. But this lp is nice :P

newcomer

Learned
Hmm poor Vernydar is not really showing promise with stewardship. Let's hope he improves in the seven years he has.

Sometimes even the worst imbecile can be a good leader... but most of the times they don't.
The only thing I can say is that for young Vernydar's case... it's quite demoralizing :troll:

And for heresies... I guess one of the great thing is that you can holy war Constantinople (my favorite capital county)
But the guys at the bottom of the map might do some damage to the moral authority..
Not to mention how Catholics will be happy to jail us once the popamole told them to

But unlike you Vernydar , I'm not honorable enough to not kill anyone or uphold truces. And it's a waste with such a high intrigue leader not to plot / kill... And even with that the path to greatness is quite fucked up (and is getting more fucked up as the game progresses ;) ). After all this is not a usual story where a highly-skilled diplomat is so well liked that everyone whats to lick his boot, become his vassal, and plot for a mere jewgolds (which is given back to the said ruler by feudal taxation) :smug:

newcomer

Learned
Intermezzo: Geopolitical Sitauation

ck2_120.jpg

Caliph Al-Mutansir (Shia) decided that the heretical Byzantine should be crushed like a skull of pig! Not that we care, for we can holy war both of them! Let them kill each other & destroy each other's temple.

ck2_121.jpg

It appears that our close neighbor England has been invaded by some random bastard called William de Normandie. Sadly he didn't live long enough to enjoy the spoils of war.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom