Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Crusader Kings II: The Isle of Retards

newcomer

Learned
HOUSE UA CODEX
From Codexpedia, the Free Encyclopedia

ck2_emblem.jpg

Royal Family Coat of Arms

Ua Codex is a noble family which originates from the Isle of Man.

---------------------------------------

Table of Content:
1. Humble beginnings
2. Important Dynasty members
----2.1 Underlord Ua Codex (Put title here)
----------2.1.1 Marshal, BAN them!
----------2.1.2 Emissary of the Holy Land
----------2.1.3 Struggle for power
----------2.1.4 Traitors, infidels, and independence
----------2.1.5 I believe that children (and rapid expansion) are our future
----------2.1.6 The Codex Kingdom of Ireland
----------2.1.7 Ambitions of the devious king
----------2.1.8 Final Moments
----2.2 (Put name here) (Put title here)
----------2.2.1 Long live the retarded king!
----2.3 (Put name here) (Put title here)
----2.4 (Put name here) (Put title here)
----2.5 (Put name here) (Put title here)
3. Geopolitical Situation (Intermezzo)
----3.1 Underlord Ua Codex
----------3.1.1 Between 2.1.3 and 2.1.4

This article is a stub. You can help Codexpedia by expanding it.
This article lacks historical paintings. If you have some relevant pictures, contact newcomer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After taking a long break from the game, today I updated my mutant version & managed to get my hands on mutant Sword of Islam DLC :love: (And also Ruler Designer & all the songs & graphics)

And to celebrate that, I decided to start an LP on this amazing game, which has improved significantly compared to vanilla. I'll let the Codex decide which country I should play (not necessarily muslim). Tips: I prefer countries with the most fucked-up situation ;)

Some rules I will enforce on myself:
- I will only give duke titles & above to DYNASTY MEMBERS (or lowly courtiers matrilinearly married to my dynasty females)
- Some people use console to change religion / culture. I will not do that. If you wants me to change religion, then it will be through education / heresy events / conversion decisions.

Some countries to give you the idea:

(1066 start):
- Songhai : The region proclaimed by Paradox to be rich turns out to be "not so rich". Songhai starts with a powerful neighbor (Ghana), 2 counties, and one pagan vassal count. As a muslim with a high dedacence & with a powerful muslim neighbor, can Songhai even survive the onslaught?

ck2_129.jpg

- County of Leon (Brittany)*: While survival is not much of an issue, obscurity & boredom is a threat. Being the worst county under the 6-county Duchy of Brittany which constantly goes to war with France, can Leon obtain the greatness it always dreamt?

ck2_130.jpg

- Isle of Man : One of the poorest county in the entire CKII map, at least at the beginning of the game..

ck2_132.jpg

- Andhaira : Replay of the old Andhaira LP once started by XenomorphII (This one)

ck2_131.jpg

(Not-1066 start):

Latin empire, 24 July 1261 : The Byzantines have gathered the army to siege Constantinople. On your east is the Seljuk Sultanate of Rum, and your west the soon-to-be-duke multicount will press a ducal claim on your second province, effectively removing you out of the picture. Even the pope has decided that the Latin Empire should have been disbanded the next day, if not for your rampage during the diplomatic meeting. The future looks very bleak...

ck2_133.jpg

My real life is quite demanding, and so I can't guarantee you a regular update. But I will try to keep it as interesting as possible.

Vote closes when I say it closes. So choose, Codex!
For games not at 1066 start, please specify the EXACT STARTING DATE you want me to start. Otherwise, I will look up to Wikipedia & check the day the country is created & take that as my starting date.

*I am playing this game right now, so you can expect a slightly faster update, at least for the first few updates

** Btw, no viking, if you want me to be a viking, that will count under forced children education under a viking tutor. Sorry

------------------------------------
VOTE CLOSED!
-Songhai - 1
-Latin Empire - 3
-Isle of Man - 5
------------------------------------

newcomer

Learned
:killit: For the lack of interest

Maybe I should give you guys some preview? Let's see what I got in my screenshots...

Should I release a mini LP to make you guys interested, or should I not.... Difficult choices... Meanwhile, feast your eyes on the new murder plot system :

ck2_47.jpg

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't remember Songhay being any more decadent than its neighbor. Also, Ghana has somewhat of a tendency to explode into many pieces soon after the game's start, so it's really not THAT bad.

Go for Nintasaney I.

newcomer

Learned
I don't remember Songhay being any more decadent than its neighbor. Also, Ghana has somewhat of a tendency to explode into many pieces soon after the game's start, so it's really not THAT bad.

Go for Nintasaney I.

Must be random dice roll then, my first game with Songhay started with 36% dedacence and the Ghana emirate at 16%

Kipeci

Arcane
Strange. In mine they both started out with 25%, and I've checked it again to be sure.

newcomer

Learned
In my screenshot it's also 25%. But no worries, that won't make it less interesting anyway.

And one thing I now notice is that in my current game, Abyssinia avoided getting raped by the fatimids (Although Nubia still got raped...)
And Abyssinia actually managed to become one of the 10 strongest military power in the game (But the djinns still outnumber their total forces 8 to 1...)

Kipeci

Arcane
Nubia always seems to get annexed about five seconds after the game's start.
... so, with that in mind, perhaps a Nubia game?

newcomer

Learned
Nubia always seems to get annexed about five seconds after the game's start.
... so, with that in mind, perhaps a Nubia game?

The first thing I will do is to grant the Kingdom of Nubia to a lowly courtier & convert to Shia ;)

But I don't mind playing as Axum or Abyssinia if that's what you want

Kipeci

Arcane
The first thing I will do is to grant the Kingdom of Nubia to a lowly courtier & convert to Shia
So you're fine with the Ethiopians raping you so long as the Egyptians don't join in (as frequently)? ;)
Nubia is just so very, very boned no matter what you do.

newcomer

Learned
So you're fine with the Ethiopians raping you so long as the Egyptians don't join in (as frequently)? ;)
Nubia is just so very, very boned no matter what you do.

Re-read again my pledge to not use console to change religion.
That means I will change religion by swearing fealty to the Fatimids & plot to grab Egypt & Ethiophia for myself :troll:
I don't think this one will be difficult

(Even if I don't pledge fealty, thus converting through Ruler Designer, I can always rely on the Hahshashins to defend me from the heretics)

newcomer

Learned
Oh, one more thing:

For games not at 1066 start, please specify the EXACT STARTING DATE you want me to start. Otherwise, I will look up to Wikipedia & check the day the country is created & take that as my starting date.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Seems like an interesting game. Looking forward to this LP!

newcomer

Learned
Need MOAR VOTES

Btw Cassidy , I already checked the Latin Empire at 16 May 1204 and it seems "Too easy" :troll:

Also included here is a preview, a picture of the so-called Agile Granny

ck2_84.jpg

ck2_86.jpg

and the Breton Crusader State of Jerusalem and the Duchy of Burning Bush

ck2_239.jpg

newcomer

Learned
Latin empire does sound interesting. And I'm sure The Brazilian Slaughter would agree.

Honestly I should agree with you, but it seems a lot of these people wants the Isle of Man for whatever reason.

I guess I won't leave the vote open much longer, maybe ~10-12 hour from now?
Anyway, if Isle of Man win, I have to open another vote: whether you want a Ruler-Designer character (Ua Codex) or you want original character.
Reason I will ask this is that the son & grandson of the original character are counts, so even without doing anything I will inherit 2 other counties (a.k.a TOO EASY :troll: ).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom