Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

Wish they used a more detailed and less "Superior Numbers = INSTAWIN" strategic combat model
Well, there's the leaders' military skill, some military tech research and terrain modifiers favouring the defender that all make a slight difference. 1k will still lose against 10k, of course, but I've seen 4k win against 7k in my own game and I think Xeno here also had a battle won with 2k enemy advantage.
Or did you mean something else by "more detailed"?

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 24- Luck Streak: ENGAGE!

uO5V3.jpg

Sergios picks up an interesting nickname. Not sure how he managed to be the blind (my guess is it has to do with the maimed trait).

Also you can see that my vassals are a little upset with me over this whole war for ten years straight thing. The upside is that my enemy probably has the exact same problem.

Hopefully we can finally resolve this war. The reason I have been hanging on so hard here is that I am afraid that if I am unable to defeat them the LP will get stuck in a cycle of me and them warring inconclusively until 1453. They also happen to be my only real option for expansion outside of the Duchy of Beneveto.

S3Ary.jpg

Gee. This seems terribly familiar. I will have to wait some for my levies to replenish before I move against them. When I do I will probably go ahead and hire some more mercs.

H3F7d.jpg

Good for Kallinikos.

AWULx.jpg

Mercenaries are hired just before the enemy takes the holding.

I send my spymaster to Beni Yanni, where the enemy sultan is...

Z71Hl.jpg

Oh shit. Really?

Time to try murder instead of battle...

Zvtty.jpg

Maybe removing their capable leader and replacing him with...

VsXop.jpg

His shy, hunchback child, will weaken them some.

Not long after the deed is done...

sYRle.jpg

hdiso.jpg

:yeah:

SUCK IT DOWN YOU BASTARDS! GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Holy shit. That feels good. So. We are finally at peace. I think I might have GIGGLESQUEED there.

Anyway. Time to distribute the winnings!
The sub-holdings have vassals created for them, and I invite nobles in to fill the county level positions.
I notice a whee little problem while doing all that...

8aOve.jpg

Those damn rebels! Because they held parts of Constantine, my enemies were able to keep them. That means I will have to wage war over those two holdings at some point. Shit. Oh well.

8ftqD.jpg

igPk6.jpg

We also usurp the ducal title for the region and give it to the youngest of the counts. I am now broke, so I have to disband the mercs too. Hope they don't come knocking again soon. (They will)

Alright. Now to business...

XDgD9.jpg

I find out one of my dukes is plotting and put a stop to it. Also since he reminded me, I decide to bump my authority up to medium...

5zSmR.jpg

While waiting for people to decide on the law, I notice something...

o06z3.jpg

Ah. That feels good. As long as they are in civil war, they won't be bothering me. Hopefully this means I will have the time I need to build up my treasury and to convert territories.

Let's take a look around the world and see what is going on...

4Lz7v.jpg

Al-Andalus is on a role. They are currently trying to take Toledo, and managed to take Brittany. They may prove a bigger challenge then I realized.

Qjl9B.jpg

Nothing too surprising there, except the little bits of France and Scotland in England.

sleSX.jpg

Central Europe is looking pretty normal. The Empire is a mess, but will piece itself together again sooner or later.

HTLF1.jpg

Finland is ruled by Danes. Denmark by Germans.

HMnHZ.jpg

The Byzantine Empire is in a succession crisis.

KS2fT.jpg

The Muslim world at present. Several wars going on. Some for independence, some against the tyranny of the Caliph.

Now. Back to us.

iqpWc.jpg

It costs a lot but we take the claim. I will follow up on this as soon as I am no longer broke because when you are broke you get...

7D0bu.jpg

Also...

KDCbM.jpg

Sin feels good! Now to follow through on the claim (Beneveto's about to get crushed HAR HAR. Its good to be the king.)

CoOrz.jpg

The Pope is currently fighting to wars of independence. I think my chancellor will be heading to Rome next. It would make an appropriate capital for me after all.

First things first though...

C5fzd.jpg

We go to war for Beneveto. we don't want to lose that claim again after all.

The "battle" against their "mighty" army:

2ymIx.jpg

Goes great. Duh. Time to siege their provinces.

F0LIQ.jpg

Siege ends quickly enough and...

NK1FO.jpg

Dy8l0.jpg

That was nice and clean. I liked that. (Especially after that last war.)
Beneveto is given away for now as its county capital is a temple, not a castle and I cannot (and won't be able to afford one any time soon) buy a castle there.

Not long after...

PRM2s.jpg

Our son gets a good trait and a boost to his diplomacy and...

gBdU2.jpg

We move up to medium crown authority. No more warring vassals eating each other up. I probably won't be pushing it higher as the benefits are heavily outweighed by the whole vassals hate you thing.

Time passes and...

A9ppY.jpg

We let one of our non-Greek vassals be labeled a heretic. Sucks to be him.

Oh ho ho! What is this?

0h1JR.jpg

The two vassals failed to achieve their independence (I had hoped they would) but no matter. Looks like its time to role against the Pope and retake Rome!

nWPbn.jpg

Starting shit. I try to call in...

ryN3h.jpg

yJmPQ.jpg

Both halves of the Empire. I doubt they will help, but you never know.

I raise my levies and ship them to Capua (I realized during the Great War with the Muslims, that it is way way faster if I use all my boats to rally my troops instead of marching them all together).

Our allies refuse us of course and as the army rallies...

FOEVF.jpg

The enemy marches on us.

HxG4p.jpg

Iv5r0.jpg

The army and the mercs I hired. Let's get it on!

h2NLz.jpg

NXyeC.jpg

gsbLS.jpg

I tore them to shreds. Everybody heads to Rome.

gQ5S3.jpg

Where we win again. My main army pursues, the mercs start the siege.

NtWDd.jpg

Enemy army wiped out. My main army goes to deal with the small siege force at Beneveto. Before they arrive though...

jEzpk.jpg

The Pope hires more mercs, and attacks us at Rome. They didn't have any morale so we won, but I put my main army in pursuit of them now as the enemy broke their siege.

My mercs are wiped out, but...

V5KgN.jpg

We avenge them.

fzsvg.jpg

I need to defeat these mercs and get to siegeing.

l51PJ.jpg

V0Rca.jpg

They are dealt with. The army sieges and I...

x1MLi.jpg

jd62S.jpg

Hire some more mercs. They are sent to Rome.

3wjpy.jpg

Looks like the Pope has hired some more mercs.

yI6hs.jpg

While they try to take Capua we take a part of Rome! Shouldn't be much longer now!

dFyZP.jpg

I assault the next holding to speed things along...

krplL.jpg

Success!

Peace treaty time:

3BbQ6.jpg

WlWRp.jpg

Glorious victory!

But there is a small problem...

HKCvj.jpg

I need to get Rome's county capital to be a castle so I...

GOqdY.jpg

Revoke a baron's title...

KJSu3.jpg

He agrees and...

LTXO1.jpg

Rome now has a castle for its provincial capital, and will likely soon be my capital.

That's this update. Tune in next time where I will likely be dealing with upset vassals and handing out some lands to try to appease some of them!

How come there are no conquest modifiers on Rome save for that single barony? Even if you kept the lower vassals shouldn't you get one seeing as you are Greek and Orthodox and the county is Italian Catholic?

XenomorphII

Prophet
Gondolin: Ha, so it is. Sorry about that. Will try not to screw that (or any other names) up anymore (I have butchered the African places a few times too I think).

@Merk: Apparently (looked back at some earlier conquests to check) it only applies to what you yourself actually take when the war is between Christians. I guess since all the sub-holdings keep their existing lords and they just change their fealty from the old liege to you, they don't count as conquered.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Mini-Update 3- State of the Family

First off, this is us...

CRq7u.jpg

Despot Sergios I "the Blind" of Sicily. Age 45. D-20, M-2, S-5, I-11, L-9. Traits: Intricate Webweaver (M=+1, I=+6, D=+1, S=-1), Gardener (S=+2), Gregarious (D=+2), Honest (I=-2, D=+3), Diligent (+1 all), Arbitrary (S=-2, L=-1), Kind (I=-2, D=+2), and Maimed (Health=-2, M=-2).

This is our wife...

N1LLu.jpg

Queen Pavlina. Age 45. D-19, M-13, S-8, I-17, L-17. Traits: Grey Eminence (M=-1, I=+2, D=+9, L=+2, Fertility +10%), Twin (relations bonus with other twin), Scholar (L=+2), Brave (M=+2), Patient (I=+1, D=+1, S=+1, L=+1), Envious (I=+2, D=-1), Ambitious (+2 all), and Charitable (D=+3).

Our son and heir...

HwFN4.jpg

Prince Kallinikos. Age 10. D-7, M-4, S-3, I-7, L-4. Tutored by Despot Sergios. Traits: Brave (M=+2), and Gregarious (D=+2).

Next up, our brother...

lgboO.jpg

Baron Ioustinianos of Benevento (the barony in Benevento that pays allegiance to the Pope). Third in line to the throne. Age 37. Catholic. D-19, M-10, S-9, I-5, L-13. Traits: Dutiful Clerk (I=-1, L=+3), Charitable (D=+3), Kind (I=-2, D=+2), Proud (monthly prestige +.5), and Honest (I=-2, D=+3).

Other brothers (won't go into detail on them since they are further from the throne):

4FkjM.jpg

FzdnB.jpg

A look at the family tree at present:

RvBVw.jpg

Looks like I need to arrange some marriages for people if I want the family tree to keep a couple of its branches.

XPHDz.jpg

fty7J.jpg

The other unmarried, of age, males aren't at my court (they are at our brother's court in Benevento).

A family tree shot for Sergios:

P6J3c.jpg

And lastly the realm tree:

qaizM.jpg

b9rQ8.jpg

x8Ck5.jpg

9LbaQ.jpg

I am definitely going to be having some troubles with my dukes in the next major update. Also, not sure when or how, but the Duke of Salerno (the first duke) inherited the Duchy of Tunis, and he is the vassal most likely to rebel right now.

The actual update for today will come at some point, but right now I am enjoying some Bloodlines.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 25-Peacetime

First order of business...

d23Rn.jpg

8IRT2.jpg

I give Palermo to the Duke of Sicily so he won't be having a negative relations modifier with me, and reassign my chaplain to Rome. I also send my chancellor to Spoleto. Hopefully I get a quick claim, and can attack the independent Saxony for it.

I also...

tTRey.jpg

Name the Duke of Salerno as the Master of the Horse for Sicily. It boosts our relations and should keep him from rebelling.

I decide to throw down a castle village in Rome...

Pzz8A.jpg

Next thing I need to save for are some buildings at all the temples in Rome. The church type holdings have a building which grants a 10% boost to technology gain for 120 gold and an upgrade to that building which grants a 20% boost for the same price. Right now Rome already has one of those fully upgraded...

XGXKI.jpg

And giving myself a 90% boost on tech sounds like a good investment. Also before I forget to do is...

pwsKi.jpg

Zk9bP.jpg

That reduced my maximum demesne size (tech differences between Napoli and Rome). So I give the county of Leece (which is pretty worthless right now) to...

1gwZx.jpg

Our kinsman that we recently married.

With the capital move I also move...

Tf9TX.jpg

All my council members to Rome as well. The spymaster is sniffing out plots, the marshal trying to improve our military tech, and our steward is doing the same for economic techs.

Not long after the move...

0DKXN.jpg

Sergios takes ill.

A few months later, Sergios gets an event...

p
qttJg.jpg

8ywqx.jpg

Moving on.

Some time later a plot is discovered...

13Knp.jpg

I request it is ended, and it is.

Also...

60Tdp.jpg

Sergios recovers! Hoo-ray.

Raising our heir...

3X41T.jpg

I would prefer he gets the diplomacy boost of honest over the intrigue boost of deceitful, as it will help him keep his vassals in line.

An event...

G4Tpe.jpg

I go for it (Albano was Sergios's father btw).

Good things happen...

Br8AA.jpg

I love it when my heathen population sees the light.

I hit my financial goal and...

PjnT9.jpg

Build me a monastic school. Tech boosts are good.

TJzjX.jpg

Another child on the way. That is definitely good news for Sergios.

Time passes and...

wa6YB.jpg

Titles cannot be bought! Also Croatia inherited the Duchy of Meissen (includes Ancona) out of the Empire. Good for me.

2jcax.jpg

Our son tries to become a fatty, luckily we save him. Also it looks like its time to buy another tech boost in Rome...

H1r2Z.jpg

I think I will wait until that one is finished though.

gFHyc.jpg

Another son. That should help the family tree grow some.

GUAQr.jpg

A rather large peasant revolt. I get the feeling that the patch (1.04) is going to make the revolts larger but rarer.

While dealing with the rebels...

cQg1b.jpg

The Duke of Sicily and our chancellor dies.

Remember that loan I took out awhile back?

CCDC0.jpg

Well they certainly did. Too bad I cannot afford that.

As I wait for an opportunity to come knocking...

84oLV.jpg

xz9cY.jpg

I get to stop my heir from picking up a bad trait, and help him get a good one instead.

Also...

opJla.jpg

More rebels.

fkeGn.jpg

And an event for Sergios.

Not too terribly long later and...

gf78o.jpg

The money lenders return, and I pay up.

Looks like Sergios is lucky...

stp1v.jpg

As he is rescued from kidnappers and we don't lose money.

Time passes and money fills my coffers...

Maisc.jpg

So I improve one of Rome's temples.

Raising Kallinikos:

oxoru.jpg

iqe9N.jpg

He picks up diligent. Always a good trait to have!

Not long after I receive notice that...

eaYap.jpg

There is a new Jihad. It is not my problem though.

Waiting, waiting, waiting and...

Kid7p.jpg

Improvement building.

An event:

wvGP9.jpg

I give the same response as earlier.

Also I improve my personal holding in Rome:

pEa9w.jpg

Raising our son:

z8YQ4.jpg

dHhdm.jpg

I decide to avoid wroth.

lPN0I.jpg

One of the vassals of the Duke of Salerno tried to kill him, and he comes to me for judgement. I opt to send the perpetrator to the duke's prison so that his personal strength does not grow.

Not long after...

WBGKD.jpg

Kallinikos comes of age. Time to find him a wife:

h2UCl.jpg

Ah! That will do nicely! If Kallinikos inherits in Sicily, then his children should inherit the duchies of Samos (Western Anatolia) and Achaia (Southern Greece) out of the Empire. Of course if she dies before him, I could very well end up as a vassal of the Emperor, but it is a small price to pay.

Not long after the betrothal is accepted Sergios gets an event:

N3b6j.jpg

We opt to help the man and gain the charitable trait and its +3 to diplomacy.

We also find out that...

mtpj7.jpg

Our son wishes to be spymaster. Umm no. It is never a good idea to put important people in the spymaster position as spymasters get targeted a lot since they make intrigue harder throughout the realm regardless of the target. Instead I make my son the chancellor to keep him quiet.

58a5x.jpg

I chose not to believe the accusations.

A little while later...

GXca2.jpg

And now he wants land. He has to wait until he is king for that!

I also take the opportunity to...

5QYeN.jpg

Build more in Rome. Once that building finishes, Rome will be receiving a 90% boost to tech. Let's see if it that actually means anything.

LPjF1.jpg

Looks like Sergios is starting to go soft in his old age.

Also...

p
rIoaW.jpg

Our daughter comes of age. Time to try to find her a suitable husband (who will accept a matrilineal marriage).

hH2dX.jpg

This guy is about the best I can find.

Except I screwed up and did a regular marriage. Derp.

I want to end the update on a better note than that so...

0X1eG.jpg

Check out our military screen. The numbers for the troops at the top are read as raised/unraised/total(ie the total potential troops). Looks like it may be time to do some crusading again.

Luzur

Good Sir
Doing fine so far!
Also, should't your conquest of Rome have immense consequences? You just conquered the capital of the Papacy, the center of Catholicism. You should've been knee-deep in crusades right now. Is there no consequence to taking Rome?

in my game Rome is the new capitol of the HRE, and i have not seen any bad consequence happen to my son-in-law the Emperor.

Cassidy

Arcane
Doing fine so far!
Also, should't your conquest of Rome have immense consequences? You just conquered the capital of the Papacy, the center of Catholicism. You should've been knee-deep in crusades right now. Is there no consequence to taking Rome?

in my game Rome is the new capitol of the HRE, and i have not seen any bad consequence happen to my son-in-law the Emperor.

Mods will fix it.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Doing fine so far!

I don't know, one would think so though. I guess we will be finding out eventually. Bear in mind that pretty much every major Catholic country is either involved in a war of some sort right now or in no position to do anything to me.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You're going to have to wait an awful long time before culture and religion penalties in those areas will be gone and they will finally start being fruitious. Meaning you'll need to be really on your toes for any war of religious defence or jihad. Also try fielding a second, smaller army to hunt down defeated stacks. Whittling down manpower is the key to winning. That or assassinating the correct figures. ;)

Mods will fix it.

Already have. Now you'll be excommunicated if you don't give it back to the pope when he asks for it.

Luzur

Good Sir
HRE in my game is already biting into Silicy and Tunisia, strong as ever, even Grand Poland went under in civil war after a brief skirmish with HRE over Pommerania after (i think) the Emperor had the Queen of Poland assassinated, since she died young and strong and in the middle of the war, then suddenly every lord went up in arms on theirselves and Pommerania was auto-handed to HRE (luckily i had asked Mecklenburg to join Sweden earlier in vassalage, otherwise they would have gone with Pommerania too.)

it was thanks to that chaos that i could move in on all those newly free small pagan lords of Poland and get me the crown of Lithuania.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 26- Once More Into the Breach

I am still undecided about attacking Mauretania again. As time passes I get an event...

fwAm5.jpg

I decide to try to mend our relationship even though he is a Catholic...

hZOub.jpg

That rat bastard. See if I try to play nice with Catholics again!

Hmm. I still cannot decide what to do on Mauretania, as I really do not want to have a three update long war again (because it is boring and the last nearly killed my desire to continue with this game). I do notice they are having some fun though...

lqD2G.jpg

They are getting beaten down hard by Barcelona because (I took a peak with my ships to see) they have a couple of Holy Orders (about 14k troops) roaming their coast. They have been at war for awhile too, as my dear Muslim neighbors vassals have a steep -30 on their relationship with him from their raised levies...

DrbDR.jpg

*Sigh* I guess we better do this...

qqzIC.jpg

I go for Alger as it will cost them more if I win and will push them closer to being unable to fight me off. I can take Constantine from them later after they are crippled. I raise my levies and they make their way to Tunis.

iajq6.jpg

No mercs in that army. That is all levies.

Je4g2.jpg

As my army makes its way to Al Djazair, I send my spymaster to Tlemcen to give me advance notice of any incoming enemies. I chose Al Djazair as my first striking point because the rest of the provinces in Alger are either mountains or deserts and would cause me to bleed out like my enemies did in our last war.

Terrain view of our campaign area:

fag1a.jpg

As we march towards our objective the enemy raises his levies and begins to rally them. I small army of his stops in Tell Atlas, so I decide to deal with them:

odFgj.jpg

They were crushed. Not long after we arrive in Al Djazair.

jTOay.jpg

Holy shit. Look at that garrison. I will try to wait this garrison out, since I am suffering no attrition.

As the siege slowly advances our second son turns 6.

TELqT.jpg

He also is sent to Sergios for his education.

I little while later and we get our first event related to his education:

skeWv.jpg

The siege is almost over at this point:

BKy5R.jpg

Not long after this (you may notice the gathering enemy army in these last few shots) an enemy army loads up onto boats and leaves. I guess they headed to Barcelona.

Also...

Bd6MZ.jpg

Sergios falls in love with his wife. Good for you bro.

Hx7dq.jpg

First siege is done.

UyUC9.jpg

Kallinikos gets hitched, and we take the money.

EZclr.jpg

We assault the second holding successfully.

1nGMn.jpg

The last holding is assaulted and taken. On to our next target.

As we fight an enemy army:

gTYxu.jpg

More heathens see the light!

3FCQx.jpg

And more heathens are sent into the light.

tlSck.jpg

I am taking attrition here, so I am going to rush the sieges.

rcCrH.jpg

Ouch. We win, but damn are we hurt. I let my troops morale recover before sending them back to Al Djazair to fight an enemy force there.

The battle:

uhP5x.jpg

xaJ2F.jpg

7mEuh.jpg

The first close battle of this war and we win. My income has jumped again. I think it is because whenever you take a holding in battle you get money from it based on its income (automated looting basically). Once the mercenary armies have their troops replenished I will hire some (the larger ones still seem to be

recovering from the spat between me and the Pope).

The pursuit:

SIKvu.jpg

I wipe them out at Lemdiyya, and begin what will be a very slow siege. As I do that an event happens:

vSMaM.jpg

I need their money too much so I flatter and soothe him. That should buy me some time. I love having high diplomacy.

biaYY.jpg

I hire some mercs to come and assist me.

nbC46.jpg

I really wish this event would stop happening when I am at war. I decline, but wanted you guys to know that I have been passing up varying attribute boosts each time on this event. Also I decide to have my mercs siege Biskra. Hopefully I can wrap this up quickly.

As things roll along:

4IVWR.jpg

Peasant revolt!

A little wait later and:

O3bkw.jpg

My levies take another holding. An enemy army slips up behind them not long after:

Mtf0C.jpg

giFHG.jpg

And they are dealt with. Not long after:

0jJBC.jpg

My mercs take a holding. This is going much more smoothly than our previous war with these heathens.

9cCt8.jpg

JRv5z.jpg

More revolts.

jtag2.jpg

The mercs take the last holding in Biskra and are sent to defeat an enemy army, and all the rebels in Africa. While they do that:

6YeA7.jpg

Our levies take another holding. However, they have dissolved almost completely, but that doesn't matter because:

brSUh.jpg

d7agn.jpg

We have already won! I expect I will be attacking them again soon.

I create vassals for all the sub-holdings.

D76Xi.jpg

And invite lots of nobles to my court because I don't have any men around to give titles to.

6DHwz.jpg

The county titles are handed out...

Iufwa.jpg

The ducal title is usurped...

SO4aA.jpg

And this guy is made the duke because he is content.

Once all of that is done...

xqulC.jpg

Sergios achieves his ambition! He is now exalted among men!

Raising Markos:

eIKkx.jpg

I decide honesty is a good policy for him.

Eventually, my forces are able to put down all the rebels (three others had popped up) and the mercs are disbanded. At that point I notice:

Wigrc.jpg

There are a couple of things there. One is that Constantine went independent of Mauretania and is currently being attacked by my vassal the Duke of Salerno.

The second is that Fez has rebelled against Mauretania again.

And some closing shots:

GpH5y.jpg

oBbi4.jpg

The HRE in particular is a mess. One of the duke's is waging a war for the title of HRE, and has enough support to fight the emperor to a standstill. Neither side is giving up, and I am very happy about it all. Also the duchy of Meissen was inherited out of HRE. I really hope it stays weak (so I can conquer it).

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Holy Roman Clusterfuck Batman! Did they patch the revolts yet? Every time a large revolt happened when I was playing it, the revolt got put down the moment the leader was defeated and all rebelling states were annexed once again.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Holy Roman Clusterfuck Batman! Did they patch the revolts yet? Every time a large revolt happened when I was playing it, the revolt got put down the moment the leader was defeated and all rebelling states were annexed once again.

Nope they haven't yet. (At least I don't think so). So if the main fellow dies they will all go back into the HRE.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 27-Tidying Up

I dislike having sub-holdings held by people outside my realm. So...

Nr7js.jpg

I decide to knock on the Pope's door again.

The assault on Benevento...

MP0QQ.jpg

Is over quickly. Now to drive back the mercenaries hired by the Pope who are laying siege to Rome.

Raising Markos:

sZokM.jpg

8rjCz.jpg

Patience is a virtue.

The battle at Rome:

R5SQm.jpg

yCoqq.jpg

vbuiz.jpg

l0YNF.jpg

Sergios picked up the Craven trait which lowers his martial skill by 2.

The pursuit:

HX3Yw.jpg

Goes great. Now to lay siege.

An event:

tvNJz.jpg

0ZiMO.jpg

That's good. The monthly prestige boost is nice.

Sieges:

BFJvA.jpg

tjizb.jpg

vqLz4.jpg

And peace:

lcE8H.jpg

OjHyz.jpg

Now then. That's better.

With that barony now going to Metropolitan in Benevento, all my family that was there flees to my court. I go through and demand that they all convert their religion. They agree. I also...

WEPL2.jpg

Find my brother a wife.

q9ON9.jpg

I receive notification of the formation of the Teutonic Order.

While I have the money, and not much else to do, I decide to...

RQX30.jpg

XXoUW.jpg

Usurp the title of the Duke of Benevento. Then I use my ducal claims to...

Zj2Ci.jpg

Declare war. Gotta get those borders cleaned up.

The armies meet at Apulia:

a1fyn.jpg

I have only raised the levies from my personal holdings for this war.

As the siege gets underway:

RK06c.jpg

My chaplain has problems with the people of Rome.

Raising Markos:

TisYN.jpg

sE9Rf.jpg

That's good.

Sieges:

BuKIs.jpg

nywWT.jpg

Go well, and...

GI5U2.jpg

vdTH4.jpg

The d'Hautevilles are wiped out.

My younger brother is made the Count of Foggia and Duke of Benevento:

bN1m7.jpg

Wg3Am.jpg

rFpdK.jpg

In other news:

A3RYX.jpg

My vassal takes Constantine, and I transfer one of my vassals, who has control of the city there, to him.

nKL6E.jpg

The Mauretanian civil war rages. So I decide to be a dick and...

FfvKC.jpg

Ignore our peace treaty.

W7sbl.jpg

As our troops rally, I get word that the King of Scotland will honor our alliance. Cool.

Our army:

BzbZZ.jpg

I don't expect much resistance.

Ufqwe.jpg

There is a large garrison at Orania. I can wait them out. I'm in no real hurry.

HUHiO.jpg

Another territory converts. This is the religious and cultural maps respectively:

CqmNg.jpg

9WWxC.jpg

Could be better, could be worse.

Child rearing:

vnnUO.jpg

GrBra.jpg

Sounds like lots of fun.

I decide to send my spymaster into Fez to give me eyes on the enemy:

blqUj.jpg

I don't think they are going to be able to stop me.

A few months later...

gQJye.jpg

The AI ignores attrition it seems. That needs to be fixed.

eybrB.jpg

Our nephew wants to get married. I deny him.

Not long after that, my niece comes of age and is married to one of my dukes...

HmeYt.jpg

Sergios gets an event...

37iTC.jpg

Nothing to be proud of? You are a better heathen basher than anyone else!

bdhal.jpg

A siege is won.

k6N9H.jpg

fBJb9.jpg

And some more after some assaults.

76GzE.jpg

Sometime later the province is taken. Now onto the next.

Awhile later...

pmKbN.jpg

The HRE has put itself back together again (more or less), so I pass on the opportunity for now.

JgrJH.jpg

They want to take Sicily? You would think they would aim for North Africa first.

Sergios's wife...

R2Wp5.jpg

Dies, so we re-marry:

WXhrR.jpg

There weren't any good alliances or opportunities available.

The marriage pays well though...

789w2.jpg

In other good new:

J5Swd.jpg

Another conversion!

OdvZB.jpg

And a siege is won!

LDCGJ.jpg

And the first Iberian enemy arrives! Oh wait that isn't good news.

Not long after all of that, Markos, my second son, comes of age and is married off:

XPVFE.jpg

J5Qb6.jpg

Back to our siege now. Mauretania has rallied an army and they march against us, as the battle rages:

7VnlZ.jpg

Sergios the Blind passes away.

We are now playing as Despot Kallinikos I of Sicily:

xWMfw.jpg

Back to the battle:

lTjvr.jpg

It is won but barely.

That's this update. I hope I didn't bork any of the images.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Images all look un-borked to me. :thumbsup:

Really loving this LP, I hope you keep up the good work. Nothing like the bashing of infidels to warm my bitter heart. :love:

Luzur

Good Sir
looks like you should help out Castille abit, seems they are getting their ass kicked, again.

i had to step in and help Castille in my game (savegame switching) and give them some cash to hire some holy orders so they wouldnt totally loose to the Moors.

seems they where derped hard in CK 2.

Norfleet

I disagree. I vote you let them get pwned by the Moors, since you're not obligated to help. Then territory will be religious-enemy and you can gank it cheap for yourself.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 28-Gaining a Crown

R9Zfp.jpg

Despot Kallinikos Spartenos. Age 29. D-16, M-10, S-8, I-21, L-9. Traits:Elusive Shadow (M=+2, I=+9, D=+2, S=-1), Brave (M=+2), Gregarious (D=+2), Temperate (S=+2), Diligent (+1 to all), and Patient (I=+1, D=+1, S=+1, L=+1).

Now to pursue the enemy army we beat at the end of the last update.

dX4wg.jpg

We win but more soldiers of Al-Andalus are on the way. Time to disband.

eITNk.jpg

I go ahead and hire a large group of mercs too.

An event for Kallinikos:

1Gd7R.jpg

Looks like he may be about to gain the scholar trait.

A few days later:

pbxRq.jpg

He does. +2 Learning.

KE3dm.jpg

Enemy armies are scattered about N. Africa. I still don't really understand why A-A decided to attack me for Sicily, they might have been able to take part of N. Africa off of me, but Sicily, they most definitely will lose.

C3qVZ.jpg

Our army and the merc army back in Italy. I will let the mercs fight the smaller forces, while the main army hits the larger A-A army.

zwGFe.jpg

My spymaster had an "accident".

8aaLn.jpg

Talk about an early bloomer.

3lAA4.jpg

The rebels are beaten, and my levies there are raised (an extra 600 troops). The mercs head to the nearby enemy army, while my levies wait to sail out for the enemy.

MD3pz.jpg

The army fully assembled, and ready to sail.

I end up going after the Mauretanian army first since they were very close to winning their siege:

WQrCo.jpg

vcCxv.jpg

Jsvmp.jpg

It wasn't much of a battle really. Also Scotland has arrived and is helping us. Yay Scotland.

I start to pursue the enemy, but:

7eQug.jpg

They have had enough. I engage the A-A army just as they accept. All winnings are handed out as per my usual method when I take from heathens.

I also realize one of my Douxs is getting unhappy (damn ambitious trait) so I:

gI0AY.jpg

Send him a gift. That should keep him quiet until the war is over. After that he can rebel if he wants.

gI0AY.jpg

I have to create the ducal title in the area. I give it to my cousin, who is the Count of Tlemcen.

Back to the war:

1wdzD.jpg

HkqXB.jpg

Rome converts! YES! Back to the battle:

rSBWj.jpg

EoiQT.jpg

The mercs also prevail in their little fight. Both armies pursue their enemies.

The levy pursuit:

M3486.jpg

Goes great.

4y03X.jpg

So does the merc pursuit.

A-A still won't give me a white peace:

AyhId.jpg

Even though they are fighting a rebellion by Muslim Brittany. I go ahead and fire the mercs. They are expensive and not really necessary.

Rebellion:

LyzD1.jpg

But the Scots are there, so they get to deal with it.

Oh boy do I feel stupid now:

8fS7n.jpg

As I was waiting around I noticed that they are actually fighting for a couple of claims that their 68 year old leader has, not holy war for Sicily. Hope he kicks soon, as that should end the war. PS: They still won't accept a white peace.

atIP6.jpg

Fez fights on.

As I wait, I realize I have lots of money. So I decide to be a dick:

pPgic.jpg

FlWG0.jpg

And usurp the title to Africa. Here is the laws screen for Africa:

96t91.jpg

They are at medium authority (which is good), they are gavel-kind (which might seem bad, but is good since the only title I hold in Africa is the King tier it will go to my primary heir each time and I get the relations boost for gavel-kind in the de jure African territories), and Agnatic (which needs to be changed to match the Agnatic-Cognatic laws of Sicily).

D1GKz.jpg

Sucks to be the Pope.

oDfWM.jpg

Yay money. I want to be sure and keep my funds up so I can pay these guys back later.

Not long after, Kallinikos gets an event:

oxefv.jpg

Yes please.

Family matters:

tkaoI.jpg

My Italian uncle wants to get married. I tell him to join the clergy. Stupid A-A still won't give me a white peace.

I notice that Orbetello is trying for independence again so I:

Eg7n0.jpg

Declare war for the Duchy of Spoleto.

QlPDU.jpg

The rallied army. They head to Orbetello to help out those freedom-fighters.

The battle:

GsJJg.jpg

During the fight I get a message:

Dnp5k.jpg

I tell him to stop. Back to the battle:

iwYte.jpg

plQWg.jpg

ZsNbq.jpg

The Pope just got beaten down by the Spartenos family. Again.

As we move in to siege:

0Sq6r.jpg

Another glorious conversion.

A few assaults later:

WcaCj.jpg

47HVy.jpg

Looks like the Pope is ready to give up.

HDKec.jpg

I agree. However I now suffer a penalty to relations with my vassal:

eEN3P.jpg

Because I have 3 duchies. The most any king can have is 2. Yes, it is stupid that it doesn't matter what duchy it is or how large that duchy is, or how large the kingdom is for that matter, that the most duchies any king can have is 2.

That being the case I need to give away one of my ducal titles. I decide that Calabria should go (I am going to keep Capua of course). So:

AC8re.jpg

Khw1J.jpg

Reggio and Messina are given away. And a new Doux is made:

uFv1L.jpg

Now that all that is settled. Back to waiting on A-A to give up the fight. Also note that now that I am the Doux of Spoleto, I have ducal claim on the county of Spoleto held by a count of the HRE. That means I can attack them whenever it suits me.

Behold!

sbi5M.jpg

Our surroundings.

That is this update.

Tune in next time to get to see these planned things hopefully happen (not guaranteed to be in the next update but just somewhere down the line):

Me ruthlessly and shamelessly ignore my peace treaty with Mauretania as I proceed to wipe them off the map.
(Is that tasteful rape?)

Finally get peace with A-A (Al-Andalus in case you hadn't figured it out).
Try to gain control of the Island of Sardinia.
Nab Spoleto from the HRE.
Start attacking France in Iberia, so that when I attack A-A they don't get to grab land that I bleed for.

That's enough of a plan for now.

CPqwA.jpg

The Spartenos's are gradually moving up in the world.

Will they ever reach the position of Basileus of the New Western Empire?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom