Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

No way its anyone other than your regent doing this, you're vulnerable as hell. Try to get another good spymaster, quickly.
I would tell you to assassinate the Regent, but it would probrably just mean you would get another regent who would pull the same shit.

Also, if you got some females available, marry them off with matrilineal marriages if you wish to bring the men to YOUR court instead, though it doesn't work as well after the patch.

So, which way are you going to expand after taking Sicily and South Italy?
- North, towards, Rome, Tuscany and the Unholy German Non-Empire?
- South, towards the lands of North Africa?
- West, towards the infidel-held lands of Ibéria?
- East, towards Rhomaion?

XenomorphII

Prophet
Well, I am definitely not going to kill my regent. If he dies, I expect the youngest brother to take over the regency, and he is a Catholic. He also becomes our heir if our current regent dies, and I really don't want to play as a Catholic Greek Empire.

Most of my court is still really young, and due to our relatively low, and weak, status most other courtiers who are any good, don't want to come to us. By marriage or otherwise. (Also I am not really doing that badly as far as courtiers go. Most of my positions have decent people. I just lost a lot of really talented people lately.)

Expansion wise, I want take some of N. Africa (especially seeing how well we are doing now against Tunisia who will probably be the first target). Also I will try to grab Sardinia. Then start marching up Italy. Though it will be a beast, unless the HRE has some bad times or I can get the Byzzies on my side. Hopefully all goes well and I get Italy under my control then I can move into S.France and Iberia (may come earlier, depending on if the Muslims re-surge there or not).

In reality, I doubt I will get half that unless I get really lucky. Also expansion in N. Africa is going to bring me into conflict with the Shia Caliphate, which would have not trouble curb stomping me. They could probably go toe to toe with HRE and win.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Palermo makes a very good capital. Four holdings with two of them being castles (and an expansion slot) ,way improved than anything you have at the moment probably.(county seat was able to field more than 1k levies when I've got them I think). The other holdings are also very improved.
A big duchy with 5 provinces (sicily that is) also means more income. I hold capua and sicily and gave my other duchies to my relatives. They don't like me much but I can handle any rebellions due to sheer manpower.

Expansion wise you can begin with cyreniaca since benghazi is also very improved or whomever you liberated the palermo from because it's a big dent.

Also for cultural conversions, assigning vassals with stewardship 10 or higher accelerates the process with limit being 13. ( MTTH = 100years * 0.75^4)
you get penalties from stewardship values less or equal to 5 with the limit being 2 (*1.5 for every point)

Fens

Ford of the Llies
this wonderful LP inspired me to try the spartenos family in CK1... after being roflstomped by apulia in my first try, the second run turned out quite nice:
Bg8GQ.jpg

had rather meh princes & kings (two of which died by suicide) apart from one (grandfather of eutyches), who took enough land to create the kingdom of sicily and still had a martial skill of 17 at 73... he also went from honourable reputation to very bad reputation (gobbling up southern italy phase) to respectable reputation again... a real beast

also: watching venice first go orthodox and then embrace greek culture was pretty neat

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 15-Rise! Rise!

Well as our troops pursue the enemy after our great victory at the end of our last update, we get an event:

Zhi9E.jpg

Now back to the war.

PThEA.jpg

One group of enemies is annihilated, and another is about to be. Time to liberate our holdings in Messina.

u1w00.jpg

1tTNV.jpg

jrDMS.jpg

Messina is reclaimed, and an enemy army destroyed. One of our two armies pursues an enemy force, the other heads to Palermo to continue the siege there.

yd2Ch.jpg

I don't know how she got wounded, but this is good. I suspect that someone tried, and failed, to assassinate her. Oh and my new spymaster is the count I established earlier, with a paltry 11 intrigue.

Also:

qlNgY.jpg

The rebels from the end of the last update are defeated. I hate stopping a Pdox game mid-war. When I come back I always feel so lost.

X1sSC.jpg

Enemy forces are being wiped out left and right. These wars should be ending soon.

Muslim reinforcements arrive at Palermo:

QWDOu.jpg

And ultimately:

3INlf.jpg

They fail.

Also:

ukRYY.jpg

I really do love the flavor text to the events in this game.

4zt1P.jpg

Alexandra develops more traits.

And another...

TyMGi.jpg

She is starting to accumulate some pretty nice traits.

Another even occurs...

8wYSV.jpg

I decide against it. I really don't need the peasants revolting anymore then they already are.

9Ht52.jpg

One more holding taken in Palermo. Many more to go around the island.

Rurzq.jpg

Another holding taken, this time in Siracusa. The end should be near now.

P9d74.jpg

77S2H.jpg

Sicily is claimed by the Duchy of Capua and is under the control of the Spartenos family once more.

Baron level vassals are created in all the new holdings, and now it is time to hand out some territory. Most of Sicily will be given away, but Palermo is going to be staying under my control.

The first is:

vjkwr.jpg

A distant member of the Komnenos family that fled to my court after losing everything in the empire. I grant him two counties:

AcQjS.jpg

z2PKW.jpg

Siracusa and Malta.

The next up is:

Y1KES.jpg

And he gets:

3FK9X.jpg

Taranto. I haven't invested much in it, and needed to give up one of my old holdings to make room for Palermo.

The last is:

rfOAY.jpg

He gets:

5xvy2.jpg

Trapani, and I immediately marry him off afterwards:

KlrQz.jpg

To one of my young courtiers. Okay now that all that is done, time to make Tunisia cry uncle.

But wait what is this...

0420J.jpg

Time to be a Pretty Princess for real.

5ecu2.jpg

And so Duchess Alexandra is now Queen Alexandra of Sicily.

Now then:

ts6Oi.jpg

Xi1dL.jpg

I assault the walls at Girgenti and quickly take the whole of the province to try to force the Emir of Tunisia to accept my demands.

GyqsA.jpg

tsfmj.jpg

But he isn't quite there yet. I am going to disband my armies though now, because he can't do jack to me. (Also those mercs are getting expensive)

Since I am the defender, and hold the target of the war still, my warscore will increase every month until he will have to accept my terms. And since I am in no immediate danger I will wait for that. If something comes up though I will give the man a white peace.

Not long after:

6FoZC.jpg

Another good trait for our little Queen! Hooray! And stuffies.

Dang...

fah0B.jpg

One of my new counts' chaplain is on the freaking ball.

Also an event:

ChZDV.jpg

And I move my own chaplain (and my regent) to Palermo. It gets priority right now.

Boooo...

lmY6D.jpg

Slothful is a very bad trait. Don't worry bros, when she comes of age, I will do a detailed report on her.

And then...

oqymw.jpg

Our aunt and guardian with the save! Woop woop.

While waiting around...

gOluT.jpg

The enemy returns!

My troops mobilize...

RV4Az.jpg

And I hire some mercs to supplement them...

4aZqk.jpg

TgFAP.jpg

The Battle at Messina:

CyASw.jpg

AWfQd.jpg

gRcjR.jpg

Arghh. Well it would be stupid to drag this out any longer, though I would have liked the payout from a full out win...

XbIvt.jpg

rDMKu.jpg

Some upgrades are built:

HfNtn.jpg

jFiJH.jpg

FYH9K.jpg

Events happen for Alexandra:

mXi9Z.jpg

NSIGE.jpg

And she becomes lustful. Oh boy.

Not long afterwards...

q5Qgu.jpg

We now have claims on Apulia and Leece. Time to target Beneveto and wait until our peace treaty ends. Foggia broke away from Duke Roger(yep same guy as earlier) at some point and isn't a part of the Duchy of Apulia.

After some waiting...

BgoWg.jpg

One of my vassals wants to be the Duke of Calabria. I decline. Diplomatically.

And another event...

tx0cW.jpg

This one reeks of political machinations by my uncle/regent/chaplain. So I kindly tell him off.

Damn...

eD7ON.jpg

Peasants!

Double damn...

cK309.jpg

Tunisia comes back for more! Their target is Sicily.

First:

ckY3r.jpg

The rebels are beaten, but then...

Vw6uq.jpg

Cyrenica decides to come after me too. Their objective is Calabria.

I don't know if I will be able to fight them both again so soon after our last battles. I guess we will find out.

Next time.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So, how old is the child menace at this point? Will she soon come of age so you can marry her and get some offspring on her?
Also, :bro: for the update.

XenomorphII

Prophet
So, how old is the child menace at this point? Will she soon come of age so you can marry her and get some offspring on her?
Also, :bro: for the update.

She is currently 15, and will turn 16, and come of age, in June. Let's hope she hasn't lost half the kingdom by then.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
She is currently 15, and will turn 16, and come of age, in June. Let's hope she hasn't lost half the kingdom by then.
I'm not saying that realism is oh so vital to gaming, but if you're able to conduct a teen-aged girl as though she were a rational human being, that's practically an exploit.
that's why she's got a regent, who guides her hand... or chops it off, if he's after the crown

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 16- Stop the Ride I Wanna Get Off!

Well the enemy arrives at Trapani and I rally together my forces and a couple of merc groups to go deal with them. They are 6000 strong.

As they head there...

0QNSI.jpg

The siege is lost, and Alexandra comes of age. Her ambition is to get married.

ojyfx.jpg

And that is who I pick. You may be wondering why I would choose an Italian Catholic for her husband. The reason is that he is the heir to the barony in Beneveto that is under Papal control. This should (in time) change that.

o4fSi.jpg

It is accepted, and the money is taken.

Loe9d.jpg

I take this opportunity to increase the crown authority of our realm.

Em3dd.jpg

Another siege lost and more enemy troops have arrive, this time at Siracuse. I move to take them out first.

As I engage the enemy...

Bwn5d.jpg

What terrible timing. I have to pass on the claim, as it would bankrupt me, and without my mercenaries I would lose the wars I am in. I may lose anyway.

1m43j.jpg

As the battle is won, the siege is lost. The main enemy forces now moves for Siracuse. The fleeing enemy is caught and destroyed.

The battle at Siracuse:

rmHU8.jpg

B63Ys.jpg

Goes badly. My army disbands. Things look prett bad right now. I may end up losing not only Sicily but also part of Southern Italy as well.

As I wait around for the inevitable, I notice something...

s0SSg.jpg

I have received another windfall of gold. I wonder if it is relatives dying like I originally thought, or if people are giving me money since I am fighting with the Muslims? I don't know and frankly I don't give a damn where it is coming from right now. Time to buy an army.

IHcrW.jpg

zP3CL.jpg

The assemble together and head for the main enemy force while the levies recover.

A plot..

Nfsh3.jpg

Is exposed by our husband turned spymaster.

Yx33l.jpg

The enemy fled when our mighty army approached. Time to pursue.

9mhPg.jpg

pZonE.jpg

01WoX.jpg

The battle goes very well. Now to wipe them out, and retake our province.

As I run down the last small group of enemies...

9skLt.jpg

We get knocked up. Go us.

gKbeU.jpg

An event! I really should save my money, but I cannot turn down a stat boost.

xMugj.jpg

I force the sieges at Trapani as I am about to have to let my merc armies go (or they are going to turn on be due to me being broke).

I decide to let the larger army go, and keep the smaller one on for now. As that army moves after a new enemy force that has arrived...

m4Sym.jpg

Our son and heir is born! He is named for his father and great grandfather.

SH3SV.jpg

We win another battle, but neither of our enemies is ready to call it quits yet.

As we try to end the wars...

GAGNn.jpg

A distant member of our family comes of age.

Not long after...

CXrUa.jpg

Another enemy group of formidable size shows up. I raise my levies and rally all my forces together at Messina.

The battle at Siracuse:

vuH1o.jpg

K1jZY.jpg

lQSTZ.jpg

Sorry I forgot to take the victory screen shot of this battle. I won though.

Not long after the battle...

BLSNJ.jpg

You convert! You damned heretic! I'm the Queen! You do as I say!

gdPGO.jpg

Or not.

Also...

HJEqu.jpg

Victory in our pursuit of the enemy. Peace shouldn't be far off now.

Nnv6s.jpg

Where the hell does Tunisia keep getting all these troops? All of big stack was them and now they have fielded 4k more troops to. Just die already.

In all seriousness I expect they had lots of money and I am fighting their mercenary forces right now.

The battle...

0y7od.jpg

Does not go well. The army is disbanded and...

R7rNh.jpg

Lqjlu.jpg

New mercenaries are recruited, and the levies are re-raised.

GPNTW.jpg

q04Bx.jpg

Awful timing and placement.

Although it looks like one of the enemies is ready to give up...

9M5Km.jpg

And he does.

Not long after...

OkteF.jpg

And we defeat our enemies. Again.

As I run around Sicily trying to wipe out all the enemies there...

JfQlX.jpg

9okkI.jpg

Damn filthy peasants! Stop revolting!

As we finally get around to laying siege to Girgenti, this wonderful news arrives...

8fgvB.jpg

That's great. Our grandmother is trying to kill our son. We tell her to stop.

Almost immediately after we get her response telling us that she is sorry...

IMIsn.jpg

Good! We need more male members of the family as both of our uncles are childless.

gGuua.jpg

Good for you guys. Now let's try to end this damned war with Tunisia.

k85bv.jpg

Good now I will offer a white peace.

Also...

7gBXm.jpg

A daughter is cool to I guess.

8W7jt.jpg

The peace offer is accepted. Now to go put down the rebellion in Bari, which has started to seize holdings.

They are put down easily by our troops, and we are finally at peace. Damn. That was a lot closer then I would have liked. I got incredibly lucky in more than a few places. Now then. Let's take a long look at our Queen.

ZZ96k.jpg

Alexandra Spartenos, Queen of Sicily, Duchess of Capua, Countess of Napoli, Capu, Salerno, Bari, Reggio, Messina, and Palermo. Age 20. D-22, M-1, S-11, I-9, L-13.

Traits: Grey Eminence (M=-1, I=+2, D=+9, L=+2, Fertility =+10%), Kind (I=-2, D=+2), Patient (I=+1, D=+1, S=+1, L=+1), Temperate (S=+2), Just (S=+2, L=+1), and Lustful (Monthly Piety=-.25, Fertility=+20%)

Alright. That is this update. Tune in next time, when I hopefully will eat some more of the Duchy of Apulia, and maybe even get to take the rest of Sicily from the Muslims. I will leave you guys with this...

H3hyH.jpg

Its probrably courtiers dying without heirs, when that happens the jewgolds go to you.
May be a good idea to take a look at your courtiers to see if they're married or not, I once ran off people to give land to because too many people died without reposition because I forgot to marry off those sods, who aparently are fuck useless and can't get a woman by themselves or something.

Talking about Jewgolds, there's no Jews in this game. What the fuck, totally bullshit. This means no Dead Jew Counter! GRAAAAAAAARRRR!

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
Quit haxx0ring yourself 600 golds all the time!

Ha! I kinda wish that was it. At least then I would know where it keeps coming from!

In my Barcelona game pope was sending me money while I was fighting against muslims. Maybe this is somehow connected (patriarch is sending you money or there is a bug and you are receiving money from pope even thou you are orthodox)

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Between didn't check if anyone said it but if you are in control of the character getting educated by a different culture you get an event you if you want to change Culture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom