Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update forthcoming...just waiting on all the images to upload.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 4- Ho-hum, Waiting. Or not.

Things are not really going anywhere right now. But the we receive another random event.

EBtJz.jpg

We go for piety gain, since Sergios wants to be a man of virtue. The alternative was a temporary martial boost of 2 and the church's opinion of me dropping by 10. I haven't shown the religious screen yet in this LP mostly because with Orthodoxy all it shows is the Patriarch. Well him and my Catholic Bishop, that hates my guts. Oh well.

Hey, Looks like Sergios's wife will be most pleased.

kbBv9.jpg

She will definitely be getting a matrilineal marriage later on. That means that her husband comes to my court and their children take my name, but it also means he will probably be a nobody, so no alliance.

Time marches on and...

PzvlY.jpg

Sergios gets the "I am bored" event. Decided on falconry. Let's see what happens...

Es4il.jpg

A nice temporary diplomacy boost. There are quiet a few events like this one that grant only temporary bonuses.

Another event happens.

xL6Pk.jpg

This is going to hurt my prestige but:

5Lgx1.jpg

Hehehe, time to march boys.

HJM38.jpg

sNeGY.jpg

Let's see how this goes.

dA02A.jpg

W8Gra.jpg

After pursuing and eliminating the remnants of his army (mostly just to help encourage his surrender, as only 60 troops were left after the first battle which is not enough to do anything) the mighty army of Napoli lays siege to Salerno.

TvdaO.jpg

While we lay siege...

OYLtK.jpg

The Bishop of Beneveto rebels against the Duke of Apulia. Also I want to point out that one of the holdings in Beneveto is under the control of the Pope. I probably will not be pushing in that direction any time soon, as that is a fight for a later day.

Alexander is now 6 years old.

VaHpt.jpg

That means he needs a guardian to help educate him. Sergios sends him to...

G2VRH.jpg

Our marshal, because all those bastards in the Byzantine Empire would not take him as their ward. Stuck up bastards. The House of Spartenos will show them all one day! HA!

Oi7qy.jpg

Marshal Innokentios: D-10, M-19, S-12, I-3, L-2. Traits: Brilliant Strategist (M=+9, I,S=+2, L=-1, Health +.5), Attractive (D=+1), Brave (M=+2), Trusting (I=-2,D=+1), Honest (I=-2, D=+3), and Diligent (+1 to all). Needless to say I hope some of those traits rub off on Alexander.

Anyway, carrying on with our sieges and such.

efP43.jpg

Or not, looks like our bro has been having lots of fun with Princess Anna Doukas.

Anyway...

QMey0.jpg

CUGox.jpg

Yes I declined. I am taking the whole thing and going to see if that removes those damned Catholic bastards from the baronies.

hPoQB.jpg

We win another siege, but lack the troops to take the last holding time to pull back reform then strike again!

As we march back to finish off Salerno, this happens...

EoLv0.jpg

Damn Catholics! They are going to be a headache for me. Hopefully I avoid more of them by going all the way in Salerno.

Looks like this siege is going to be over fairly quick.

SLgC8.jpg

And it is...

Ymnmz.jpg

Peace time.

GNzI6.jpg

Unfortunately , it did not remove those obnoxious Catholic barons, damn.

5C9Oh.jpg

WQ7yO.jpg

I could have sworn that going all the way gave you all holdings. Maybe I need to be higher rank, say a Doux? At any rate, it is unlikely I will be able to change my succession laws in Sergios's lifetime, unless I get really lucky.

Behold, Count Sergios, at 50...

AogOK.jpg

He is not looking so great these days. He might be nearing the end. I personally hope he makes it for another decade or so.

More news from the spymaster...

W6pU1.jpg

I tell her to stop trying to kill him, and pass on the chance to imprison her.

Oh yeah, and after the successful claim on Salerno, my chancellor moved to the county of Taranto (right beside Salerno) as it makes up the other part of the Duchy of Salerno.

Yes...

gmBDo.jpg

That ass of a Catholic Bishop from earlier died and has been replaced by someone who doesn't hate me and is Orthodox. Suck it Catholicism!

6kvUg.jpg

Also my new Orthodox Bishop makes a much better Court Chaplain then the previous guy, so he get's the job, and is sent to Capua to continue our attempts to convert them.

Damn it!

JND5a.jpg

kByhl.jpg

I don't have enough men to deal with a revolt that large. I will have to let them siege me while my levies recover from the last war, or hire mercenaries to deal with them quickly.

HddJO.jpg

I opted for the siege option for now, and it is going alright.

wyNQB.jpg

That happens. I go for commoners, because the relationship boost there goes to a guy that sort of dislikes me and pushes him into positive relations with me. I might make those law changes after all with only a couple of "accidents" happening to some poor unfortunates.

Time passes.

Damn it! I am going to have to hire mercenaries, oh well...

AhxmH.jpg

5noQR.jpg

wm4iQ.jpg

The problem is dealt with and they are dismissed. Now time to save up for that title again or for some "accidents". Tell me what you think I should focus on. The title costs 188 gold, the "accidents" cost 50 gold apiece and here are the vassals that would need them...

2MAhw.jpg

One is at -70, the other -16. The -16 I can probably make like me, but the other is the remaining Catholic Bishop and he would definitely need to go (fyi 50% chance of success, 22% chance of being detected on an assassination attempt). Also note that there isn't really any guarantee that Sergios will make it to the ten year mark.

So dear Codex, tell me what I should go for, as the tenth year of Sergios's enlightened reign is inching closer and closer, the title or the law changes.

Also as a side note, the Duke of Apulia is at war with the Muslims in Palermo, neither side seems to be winning.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Assassinations are OP. Become Dux.

It depends really. For lesser nobles, and random people the current price and chances are fine. My main gripe with it is that people of great importance are just as cheap to assassinate as nobodies. I know I would charge a mountain of gold if some jackass noble wanted me to assassinate an emperor, king, or powerful duke

Renegen

Arcane
Go for assassination, but is that 50% including your spymaster? I say to wait a bit until the bishop may die. Cool LP, mostly because you are so small.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 5- Progress?

As Sergoios pondered and wrestled with what he should do, he was approached by two men. One suggested he push for the title of Doux, the other that he kill that obnoxious ass of a Catholic bishop. As the first man looked slightly more crazy than the other (and gave Sergios the uneasy feeling that he was a servant of the Muslim powers of the area), Sergios decided to do the opposite of what he said.

The first steps are taken.

LvFMp.jpg

And the spymaster is sent to set up a network of spyies in the province of Capua, where our dear target Bishop Rayner lives.

RNiB6.jpg

vIq8Y.jpg

3uXjz.jpg

Ugh. Good help is hard to find I guess. Sergios will be trying again sometime soon.

That failure having happened, we decide so try to smooth things over with our other upset vassal.

z0U8c.jpg

It won't make him like me, but it will push him closer towards it, and a timely gift of gold should finish the job.

While waiting for my money to build up again in order to pay Rayner another visit...

iYLy0.jpg

Just a random courier, nobody important, but it is moving in the right direction non the less and...

V4XC6.jpg

We tell him to go to hell. He is a Catholic, and wants me throw my own brother out of court. Though he would make a better steward if not for the fact that he hates my guts.

As time marches forward:

Cuzfg.jpg

Sergios is sorely tempted to go for it, but decided against it. After all, how can he become a true man of virtue (killing Catholic Bishops, is perfectly virtuous as far as we are concerned) if he is unfaithful to his wife, and let's his brother's wife cheat on him.

Finally enough money has come into our coffers, but first...

K6dTN.jpg

The Bishop of Beneveto is brought back under the control of the Duchy of Apulia, and smallpox strikes in Salerno (I honestly don't know what effects it has, though from experience it seems to hurt levies/garrisons and people in the province have a decent chance of contracting the disease.)

Anyway to deal with my bishop problem.

QP6Cd.jpg

Success! And as can be seen, he is replaced by a good Greek Orthodox Bishop. Now, to save a little cash and bribe the other guy so we can change those laws!

Also...

QOhBm.jpg

Our new bishop makes a pretty good chaplain, so he replaces the other guy as we continue trying to convert Capua. Also our spymaster is returned to uncovering plots at home.

Our nephew is 6.

S0MPy.jpg

And in order to save ourselves some money, he is going to be educated by our remaining unhappy vassal.

Dzt10.jpg

He agrees and...nothing. Damn it. Apparently relations boosts only happen on giving wards when it is to other nobles not to mayors, which is what our fellow is.

No matter. He is going to like me soon anyway.

Unfortunately, while waiting a new mayor is elected in Amafi, the city in the province of Salerno. He does not like me so much. I give him the honorary title master of the hunt, and will wait until I have enough gold to bribe him and the other guy before doing it.

kT5RH.jpg

ws39L.jpg

Our daughter turns six and is sent to our Court Chaplain for her education.

S41C8.jpg

And then some family news...

NiHFi.jpg

And another revolt...

zxvM5.jpg

u1bO9.jpg

Which is too large for me to defeat without mercenaries, which I am too poor to afford right now. Shit.

While waiting around...

JhcwX.jpg

And I decide to try fighting the rebels, even though they will outnumber me.

vXeVs.jpg

As battle is engaged, I have the defenders at Capua sally forth to assist us.

ESz2T.jpg

And...

ldOYT.jpg

We get our asses handed to us, and the troops are disbanded. Hopefully we will be able to try again soon, but with a different outcome. Also at this juncture I decide...

9uSWs.jpg

To place our marshal on revolt suppression duty in Salerno, which also has revolt risk due to wrong religion and culture.

As we wait for our forces to recover...

tjKNZ.jpg

We have our second daughter!

Then we get a siege event...

fv9nU.jpg

Which is not going to be very helpful to me in my hope that we can hold out long enough to hit them with reinforced levies plan.

Some time later:

7VtPp.jpg

The first of the holdings in Capua is seized by the rebels.

Which is followed by...

kcLtw.jpg

We kindly tell him to go away and bother someone else.

Ah Shit.

1zsWe.jpg

That is the second holding to have fallen. Only two holdings remain under our control in that province, and they are falling faster then I had hoped.

R9ab0.jpg

And now one is left.

While waiting for more money, so I can hire some mercenaries to dispatch the rebels, I get this event.

td7vS.jpg

Yay, an increase in martial.

And with the final siege in Capua about to end in defeat, I rally together what is left of our army to attack and have the defenders sally out. Again.

1FLyu.jpg

lWvk7.jpg

And again.

sMxfk.jpg

Defeat and disbanding. In two or three more tries I might actually win this. At this point I realize it is best if I put my marshal back to training troop. At least for now, and do so.

XHtgY.jpg

dheHi.jpg

Capua is lost.

Sometime later and some more bad news...

TscwC.jpg

ogZgj.jpg

Our chaplain dies. He is replaced by the guy he replaced, and my daughter is sent to be educated by him as well.

Another of Sergios's nephews comes of age and is ready for an education:

omZqf.jpg

And is sent to the marshal for his education.

More wonderful news out of Capua...

SxVsA.jpg

Good thing I haven't built anything there.

nHUi8.jpg

As my troops get ready for battle, one of the barons of Capua is attacked and maimed by the rebels.

To the attack!

0Juny.jpg

Again, we lose. But they are almost beaten!

RRob6.jpg

Huh. I guess with there numbers down so much, they decided to disperse. Oh well. I am happy now, because I don't have to spend money on mercenaries!

And since I don't have to spend any money on mercenaries...

7hfpU.jpg

6N4PS.jpg

Now. Finally. I thought this would be half an update ago, but oh well. Shit happens I guess. Anyway, we (me and Sergios especially) no longer have to worry about

our lands being split into pieces due to inheritance laws from our ruler having an untimely death. This means that now all we have to deal with are angry

rebels, jihad crazed Muslims, ass-hat Catholics, and murderous plots from our jackass family.

I feel like a basileus already.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Are you using save and reload to get through rough parts or going all ironman on this? I'm asking because playing this game ironman is bound to create some lulzy results. If it doesn't kill you first.

Just lost close to half my kingdom to the muslims. Jihad hurts. Revenge will be all the sweeter for it.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Are you using save and reload to get through rough parts or going all ironman on this? I'm asking because playing this game ironman is bound to create some lulzy results. If it doesn't kill you first.

Just lost close to half my kingdom to the muslims. Jihad hurts. Revenge will be all the sweeter for it.

Have not reloaded yet, and I do not intend to. Whatever happens, happens.

I also seriously, seriously doubt I will get anywhere near restoring the Western Empire. Expansion is going to be really slow, and since I am Orthodox, I cannot get the "Invasion" causes-bell for quick massive expansion.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Awesome. I'll be looking forward to it. Played a game as Salerno in which I constantly got raped in turn by either that Norman asshole next door or those friendly tourists from North Africa. You picked an interesting spot.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Awesome. I'll be looking forward to it. Played a game as Salerno in which I constantly got raped in turn by either that Norman asshole next door or those friendly tourists from North Africa. You picked an interesting spot.

Yep. It is a very fun spot. Also I cannot emphasize enough to people who have not played this, just how incredibly, insanely, lucky I have been in this game. Quick claims happening, lucky dice roles in combat, and nobody getting any claims on me.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yep. It is a very fun spot. Also I cannot emphasize enough to people who have not played this, just how incredibly, insanely, lucky I have been in this game. Quick claims happening, lucky dice roles in combat, and nobody getting any claims on me.

Exactly why I asked. CKII is brutal in this aspect. Surviving to produce enough offspring while not losing all your lands is you doing awesomely good in this game. And sitting next to a hungry neighbour, the greedy bastards of the papacy and the countless hordes that are the mohammedan rabble is bound to make things even more interesting than usual. Looking forward to your future endeavours!

Ironman is the only way Trash, what is wrong with you.

That was my point, dawg.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 6- Moving Up in the World.

Time rolls forward. We get an event.

P0m9K.jpg

That would have been really handy earlier. I apparently need to put more points into my Luck stat.

At the ripe old age of 55 Sergios decides to...

2smXR.jpg

Take up falconry permanently, giving him +1 to Diplomacy.

Ho hum. Time marches on and we get an event.

Xkw65.jpg

Yeah, right, "fond". That's our half-brother by the way.

Not too long after, another random courtier converts, and the Duchy of Apulia attacks the Sheik of Palermo. This could be bad. If he succeeds it is going to make life difficult for me.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

A shot of Europe at present.

I9zNO.jpg

France is a mess right now, Apulia failed to take Palermo, and Leon is doing alright.

Sergios gets an event...

zLjEb.jpg

I kinda hope he drops soon. I don't want him to go on, and on, and get the nasty incapable trait, which I will go into more when somebody gets it.

Ha. Way to be a bro Sergios...

IawxU.jpg

Making people turn cynical like him. :bro:

Excellent news!

gQkYx.jpg

Napoli is now fully Orthodox! On to Capua oh Court Chaplain.

Not long after, Alexander comes of age...

iEbvt.jpg

BJQVw.jpg

His stats could make life a problem. D-1, M-16, S-11, I-6, L-3. Traits: SKilled Tactician (M=+6, I=+1, S=+1, L=-1, Health=+.5), Shy (D=-2), Greedy (National Tax=+10%, D=-1), and Envious (I=+2, D=-1)

Now to find him a wife.

CamPs.jpg

I find him one that is the daughter of a Byzantine Duke (Aegean Isles) and who has high diplomacy, which should ease that problem for him some (the ruler's wife's diplomacy attribute contributes some to the state diplomacy attribute).

A few days later the Doux agrees.

Sergios recovers from his illness...

v6Lm8.jpg

Some time later, as Sergios nears the big 6-0 his second daughter turns six, and needs to be sent off for her education.

RMCx0.jpg

I send her to her mother.

When Alexander's bride to be comes of age, we go ahead with the betrothal...

34gss.jpg

The dowry is taken and...

6onws.jpg

fPSKv.jpg

The Duchy of Capua is created and Sergios is now a Doux at 59 years old.

XmKvZ.jpg

Alright. Time to take a break, as I have hit a wall, and will post pics to help illustrate my slight problem.

First off, us, and our strength.

4BJAy.jpg

We can marshal an army of about 600. Also notice that all of our territories are having issues with diseases at present, which means slow levy replenishment.

Next up our first option for expansion, the Duchy of Apulia.

w6cIw.jpg

They are at the top there, and can marshal an army of 1200. Way too much for my weak ass troops alone, but with some mercenaries, maybe a possibility, though I would need to destroy their army with the mercenaries immediately, as I doubt I could keep them in my employ for long.

Next option, which might be alright in theory, but could be very risky, is the Sheikdom of Palermo (also Siracusa).

XluYy.jpg

The ledger shows them as capable of fielding an army of 1000. That is better, but still not the type of odds I particularly want to play. Especially with my troubles with rebels lately.

And lastly, we come to the Sheik of Girgenti. Who is probably going to be who I strike (though Palermo will have a great chance to gank me afterwards/during the conquest).

TmjKY.jpg

They can muster an army of almost 500. Still not great odds though for me.

Anyway, that's this update.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 7- End of Line...

Regardless of whatever path Doux Sergios follows, for now we need to save up money. In light of that, I grant Alexander the Honorary Title of Cupbearer, which gives him a slight bump to his monthly salary and a bit of monthly prestige. It probably won't amount to much, but it is a little boost.

koh5n.jpg

Also Alexander has his first child. A daughter named Eirene. Note that I do not get to name my grand-kids. Just my children.

Duke of Apulia has some trouble...

XVNm0.jpg

The Countess of Reggio and Messina rebels. I hope she gains independence, not just because it would weaken Apulia, but also because her son and heir is Greek Orthodox.

Looks like Alexander will have an interesting time as ruler if this is a trend...

KrQ8L.jpg

Yeah. His wife wants him dead. I have a feeling I am going to be in for some rough times when he takes things over.

ZeNIm.jpg

Well, the rebellion failed.

And not too long thereafter...

kOp7Q.jpg

This is bad. As the King of Sicily, they will have claims to force me under them as a vassal. There is some luck for me though.

Bxf0x.jpg

Their king has the incapable trait. Hopefully, he lasts long enough for the whole thing to fall apart.

Oops. Never mind. He died like right after I took that shot. His heir sent me this message.

LiBdg.jpg

I declined. That way if I am forced under him as a vassal, I can devour the others, then rebel. That is because with less than medium crown authority, vassals can wage private wars with one another (and cannot call in their liege for support) allowing me to gobble them up as I get claims.

As we wait for our funds to build up, the marshal brings some news...

chsTY.jpg

Not sure if it will do any good, as I think my levies are at max. Also know that both of my acquisitions are still suffering under various conquest penalties which diminish their tax income and levy sizes by large amounts.

0b6C2.jpg

Our nephew comes of age, and has a marriage arranged with a Byzantine Princess shortly thereafter.

Dang Sergios...

xHRXb.jpg

Another kid on the way at 62. Followed by another notification of conversion of a random courtier.

Not long thereafter, Sergios's first daughter Pelagia comes of age.

jaItm.jpg

And she is a bad-ass. Too bad she hates me due to the succession law changes. Time to find her a husband.

Z8Hg6.jpg

We find this guy. His high stewardship is why I chose him. (Matrilineal marriage to bring him to our court and so the children take my family name.)

Another member of the family...

hTZUe.jpg

He needs to have some sons.

Shortly thereafter, we receive some news...

pY3TZ.jpg

I really want them to fall apart. C'mon fall apart. Please. Also they are at war with Tripoli again. That is one advantage I have over them. They keep getting attacked by the Muslim powers which costs them money and lives, while they are gaining nothing.

And Segios's fourth child is:

6brGi.jpg

His third daughter.

Alright. We have some cash. Time to gamble...

evSkp.jpg

They are sent to Messina. Blitzkrieg and cheapness here I come (you cannot have your personal forces fielded when you declare a war, but mercenaries can be). Oh and...

0Pwuq.jpg

Sergios really doesn't need a bastard. Besides virtuousness is his goal.

5wrya.jpg

Princess Anna (our sister-in-law) dies.

Let's kick some heathen ass!

6FusZ.jpg

S6yzj.jpg

yl1cg.jpg

I want to point out that now that the crown authority is low, I can no longer appoint commanders for my army, so I get what I get. Anyway to war!

hexCN.jpg

We win the battle in Palermo, and the mercenaries pursue the enemy to Siracuse.

OTXRg.jpg

We win again, and my own personal forces are about to arrive in Palermo. There are not enough to siege the province properly, but they can keep the enemy busy while the mercs take their other province.

eQ9HZ.jpg

Our forces win at Palermo again.

As they pursue the enemy, the Byzantine Emperor asks us to vote on absolute crown authority within the Empire. I agree.

Upon their defeat and retreat to Palermo, and another defeat the enemy is left with 30 troops and are ignored as my forces decide to sit on the two provinces.

Sergios gets an event...

gBCTH.jpg

I think I am going to have to force the issue on the sieges and assault. This could end badly. Need to bring everybody together though first.

vnah9.jpg

XbpVf.jpg

First holding taken. I am running out of money though. Time to assault again.

Heb7f.jpg

But before it can be finished we receive this...

W8OUO.jpg

ACCEPTED!

6umPm.jpg

VICTORY! Time to distribute our winnings, as I am way over my demesne limit now. Also I am going to disband my armies...

TRwK3.jpg

Nah! Just kidding. I disband my personal levies(so I can declare war), and attack the last Muslim lord on the Island of Sicily.

9V6M5.jpg

We beat their army, and the mercs lay siege. My personal forces have arrived and will destroy the enemy army then rejoin the others for the siege.

I take this opportunity to create vassals for all the acquired baronies.

cGvFK.jpg

As a noble you can only hold castles. Holding temples or cities, incurs penalties. Also you can only create baron level lords.

On a side note...

W5Q7E.jpg

gFCeu.jpg

Oh shit. That is the count of Bari. My next door neighbor, and a part of the Kingdom of Sicily and the d'Hautevilles.

My brother wants to get married again after the loss of his first wife.

VVLxP.jpg

I agree and marry him to...

5UaEh.jpg

A daughter of my neighbors. They won't help me in an attack, but the alliance and relations boost might keep them from assisting in attacking me.

While trying to force the siege...

Wu37U.jpg

Another nephew comes of age. We marry him off to a random lady of House Doukas. (No one important though.)

56XoR.jpg

Our siege fails. Time to disband then try again. Without the mercenaries.

yOTOx.jpg

Also my nephew replaces my old marshal.

Ugh. Thanks to some strategically placed rebels...

VUc1A.jpg

We have to raise our boats to get there. Unfortunately, after fighting some more of their troops, we no longer have the numbers to lay siege.

WU8WX.jpg

Time to consider disbanding and settling for a white peace. The only way to win, is maintain a siege that does nothing while the levies replenish, which will take too much time, and might encourage the Count of Bari to press his claims on me. On the other hand, victory would push Sergios's piety to over 500 and let him fulfill his great ambition in life, and he has earned that. What to do, what to do?

Also note that I believe any Christian that attacks me while I am at war with heathens, should, theoretically (not sure if it counts when it is Catholic on Orthodox), cost them 100 piety.

Well, that's this update. Get me to the next page if this doesn't because both this update and update 5 had over 40 images each, which I feel like is a lot for one page.

...For The Muslims of Sicily.*

:yeah:

*That's the rest of update 7's title by the way, just to make sure everyone gets it, and I don't have to explain it a dozen times.

ironyuri

The key to taking Sicily as a count is fairly easy:

Take out Trapani, then Grigenti, then Malta, then Palermo. The only problem is then, if you're a count under Robert of Apulia, you need to either wait for duchy creation or change your laws so your son can inherit 5-6 counties.

Robert of Apulia will never grant you a dukedom as long as he isn't king, decline etc.

Sultan of Africa almost always invades after you take out the 3 minors (Malta, Trapani and Grigenti) or Robert of Apulia declares war on Tunis or Tripoli and pulls you into it, because he's a faggot.

Glad to see you've got a good game going, though bro.

jonnypolen

Liturgist
Glad to see you are doing well! Bought this game myself yesterday, and it's amazing how fast things can go straight to hell. You are a better man than me. :salute:

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 8- Mercy?

Well, it was decided to go ahead and push for victory. Unfortunately, while waiting for the troop levies to recover...

I0ank.jpg

Sergios, dies of old age at the age of 65. He was a pretty awesome ruler all around, and I feel a little sad that he did not get to become a man of virtue.

He was a true bro and will be missed.

As Alexander is now the Doux, I am him and he is me. So we reshuffle the council (most of Sergios's people did not like Alexander) and give him an ambition...

N4m4k.jpg

Give me a son!

And the new council...

pNGZf.jpg

That may look bad, but it is better then it was. And then we return to waiting on the war.

3Ja6h.jpg

My cousin wants to be marshal again, and I go along with it.

ECL2J.jpg

The marshal doing his job in Salerno (which I accidentally assigned him to, thanks to a miss-click). He will soon be re-assigned to Napoli.

Oh...

q6Dda.jpg

Damn. I really don't have anyone to deal with that at the moment. (660 rebels)

Then we get some good news.

d2Wxr.jpg

Not sure why he is bothering...

2WpoL.jpg

8p0P1.jpg

Also Alexander gets an event and our besieging force is driven off...

GRAvr.jpg

It would really suck if he died right now.

Also we send our Alexander's second daughter to his sister for her education...

M0WiS.jpg

Not long after that, I receive this wonderful news...

CtZFm.jpg

He isn't too powerful. I think we can take him.

Bd2du.jpg

4Ei2n.jpg

His first troops arrive and I move to deal with them...

BiuHK.jpg

An Islamic heresy spreads. I don't care.

98HvZ.jpg

Tunisia's forces are annihilated at Napoli.

With that victory...

vw1Ij.jpg

I place the mercs on our ships and send them to break the rebels, and also hopefully finish off the Sheik of Girgenti.

As the troops move out...

9cppN.jpg

Alexander has a son. I opt to leave the name as Sergios, since the previous Sergios did a pretty damn good job. Also time for a new ambition to be decided upon for Alex.

cMaw5.jpg

I go for exalted among men. It requires 1000 prestige. Also...

LIm8m.jpg

Alexander is better.

jd0f7.jpg

Victory over the rebels, but Tunisia and their ally Cyrennica, are about to ruin me. So back to Napoli with my troops.

wUqt6.jpg

As we move this happens. I again say no. I don't need any bastards making life more difficult right now.

aOIkJ.jpg

One group of enemies is defeated, but a very large army (around 2500 troops) besieges Napoli. Time for peace with Girgenti, I will have to deal with them later.

YYgGf.jpg

eAle9.jpg

Well now, let's see if we can get the others off our back now too.

PUlSd.jpg

Of course they won't give me peace, unless I outright surrender. So I decide to throw my mercs at their army and hope for the best...

Z9hmh.jpg

They lose, unsurprisingly, and I am going to surrender now.

l51pR.jpg

prtF6.jpg

Luckily, they were only coming to the defense of Girgenti, so I only lose more prestige and piety. Now to try and rebuild.

After the war ends, we have abysmally bad prestige and piety. That needs to be corrected, because it will cause people to hate us. Also...

OCQEM.jpg

Our cousin has a kid. And...

6dCEV.jpg

Pelagia, our sister, has her first child, and she takes our family name.

okZAK.jpg

Ugh. I get the feeling that Alexander will be having a short reign. I of course tell her to go take a hike.

Not long after that...

KKWO2.jpg

Hmmm...I wonder.

Also...

VOXa9.jpg

Alexander the Wicked it is.

As time passes, we get...

Wiv3r.jpg

But let it go.

ib0cX.jpg

Because I just cannot afford that right now, and would rather just get the county title instead.

Anyway, with my levies replenished (mostly), I dispatch the marshal to Palermo to keep revolts from happening.

lum06.jpg

Right now, I gain nothing from Sicily. No money or troops. It will be awhile before they start giving back.

Anyway more fun news...

ZaX16.jpg

EM9v1.jpg

I expect the hammer is going to be falling on me soon.

oa5Q1.jpg

Another son, and he has a good name already so I do not rename him.

I build in Capua since the different conquest penalties are FINALLY gone...

AfeQS.jpg

And because I need more personal troops and money.

Also some good news at last...

bkM0g.jpg

That should start calming things down a bit. Now I am going to move the Chaplain to Palermo, because it is my best province IF I can get it Orthodox and eventually Greek (right now I have no Greek culture provinces, and I don't think the can change until I gain some).

My daughter and sister turn 6 and are each sent for their educations to...

gaorU.jpg

Mostly because she is one of the few people who doesn't absolutely hate Alexander.

Not long after...

tGPcf.jpg

Rebellion in the Kingdom of Sicily! The Dukes of Calabria, and Beneveto have both broken off. I hope they succeed (so I can eat them.)

That is it for this update. God damn, I feel like this one went really bad.

Stay tuned for a mini-update on family stuff. I think I am going to do those every time a ruler passes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom