Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

Cornflakes

Novice
:bro: We're here for you man. Power through it. We all want to see you succeed in taking over the world.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Man, why aren't you yet at maximum personal demesne? It's imperative to always stay capped out!

PS: Grrrrr, use my independence_cb and learn to fear rebellions properly!

XenomorphII

Prophet
Man, why aren't you yet at maximum personal demesne? It's imperative to always stay capped out!

PS: Grrrrr, use my independence_cb and learn to fear rebellions properly!

Mostly because I am being picky about the provinces I keep. I want Rome and the surrounding territories with Venice + Genoa.

As to the other. Well, I feel like I have them sufficiently beaten when I force the white peace (their armies are usually broken, and holdings have been taken), and to be honest the LP would get boring watching me siege and resiege vassal territories over and over again pushing for the 100% (or close to it) to make them full on surrender. Especially considering the large size of the African garrisons (most have at least one holding with over 1k troops). Also I have no interest in imprisoning most of my douxes (I have no idea what the proper plural is for that btw) as they are all Greek Orthodox, so it really just adds a lot of busy body work that I just don't have the patience for. Especially in a LP format.

Besides rebellions are still quiet dangerous. If it had been anybody but the Doux of Benevento (smallest and weakest of my vassals) who rebelled to claim the throne of Sicily (a few updates back) I probably would have been overwhelmed, but his close proximity and relative personal weakness let me triumph.

Vaarna_Aarne

Generally it's pretty easy to switch your personal holdings around due to rebellions. Even less valuable provinces are vital if they bring you to your Demesne Limit, since that means moar money, moar money means moar upgrades, and moar upgrades means moar levies. Being picky is not helpful.

It's also smart to have entire duchies under your rule to prevent vassal's being ponces.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 37-Back in Action

cDm3Y.jpg

I rally an army. Another one is being put together. I need to take the rest of the Ducal territory of Alexandria, and end this war.

PrYpo.jpg

The upside right now is that none of my vassals that matter want to revolt. Just a couple of dumb Italians.

TkxBK.jpg

My other army gets there a little later. It take my North African forces a little bit more time to mobilize and get to where they are going since there are a few provinces that are not seaside. Also my first army is suffering attrition, but it is only a very small amount.

nK1XB.jpg

The Caliph has won his other war, now it is just me, him, and his allies. A couple of his armies are coming to greet me.

hd67A.jpg

After some movement this is how things ended up. Originally the army nearest my own wanted to attack my smaller besieging force while a small Caliphate army tried to retake their lost holdings, but my large reinforcement army kept them from attacking, and eventually they went down south to join the siege group.

Some waiting and a lost holding in Damietta later:

tzAXR.jpg

And we take a holding. Also the larger enemy army has burned itself down quite nicely. I think my large army can now safely head to Diametta to relieve it.

Also I think I may through down some money on a large merc group in a bit.

FL8n2.jpg

They are relieved. And we have heads to chop off!

wNUuM.jpg

The pursuit went well too! More head to roll.

wLs2k.jpg

As my army moves to the relief of our besieged acquisitions at Quattara, I decide some extra help would be nice. They head to Damietta.

b0i0v.jpg

We win the battle against their remaining army.

p
JhdxU.jpg

As the army pursues the mercs retake Damietta. Yay!

9lnOp.jpg

I win another pursuit, but more enemies show up, so I flee to the boats, land in Damietta, and send my army to rally with the mercs.

GjJVU.jpg

Another siege is won. I think I may break off my army in Damietta from their retaking process to destroy the enemy north of them. Don't want them rallying

together and all that.

PADgP.jpg

They beat me. Badly. Pretty sure that the bulk of their army there was a group of cavalry based mercs. The battered force that remains disbands (and so does the navy that originally brought them). I will wait some before attempting to re-raise them.

qURhg.jpg

Province taken! But oh my are the rebels popping up back west.

XD9Yn.jpg

I wipe out the small force attempting to retake Quattara. Then the army heads to the ships to go around and rebel smash before being disbanded.

Q1CmA.jpg

The enemy army, and its composition. Light Infantry/Heavy Infantry/Pikemen/Light Cavalry/Heavy Cavalry/Archers/Horse Archers(That explains why they wiped me earlier. HA are really powerful).

Hzj8u.jpg

We lose another siege. The box is covering up another 7k men who are on their way to join the enemy's main army.

SUipF.jpg

Nevermind. They stopped short. That is good. My army still hasn't finished putting down the rebels though yet. More keep popping up before the others are dealt with.

bnq7V.jpg

As the armies rally, a province falls.

kzaPx.jpg

Our army. I will send them to smash the smaller enemy force. Since the larger enemy force has a sizable number of horse archers, I want to catch them with both my armies.

IaPs6.jpg

The Golden Horde arrives, and is having to go through the Il Khanate.

abrCX.jpg

We win our battle. Also notice who I captured. The prince of the Caliphate. Know what that means?

J5x2M.jpg

Oh this is too perfect. When the Caliph steps foot in Aswan, he is going to die.

0MrUO.jpg

IQ0Ii.jpg

zEzaN.jpg

HiXPp.jpg

6EmOD.jpg

Finally success! Now then. Let's end the war:

MlAKQ.jpg

7ibwU.jpg

And we win. Also:

fg8ib.jpg

He is still our prisoner. God I love it when that happens.

Territory is handed out.

FlXT8.jpg

We usurp the ducal title.

Akovk.jpg

What it looks like now. Yay. Damietta is now connected to the rest of Sicily.

Now what to do with the Caliph? I cannot attack him again while he sits in my jail. I wonder what the Caliphate's situation is right now.

as4jY.jpg

Those are all his duke rank vassals. I think I will hold him in prison while his realm falls apart. BWAHHAHAHAHA!

And if he happens to die in prison:

xISnF.jpg

Then his 5 year old son will inherit.

Building time:

sZHQX.jpg

4pLW5.jpg

wLMRM.jpg

That will be nice.

Not long after I notice something about the Caliphate:

piBfw.jpg

More crusaders are coming for Jerusalem. None of these are particularly strong, but if rebellion sweeps the Caliphate, and some of the greater powers get involved it could be its end.

jeoqH.jpg

Conversion!

Also I think I will take it easy for a bit. Let my territory settle for a while. I need to change the laws in Mauretania, and many of my vassals there have negative relations with me (due to raised levies -30 for most right now).

An event happens:

nZudp.jpg

I laugh in his face and send him to the oubliette, which murders his diplomacy. Have fun with the rebels yo!

8JCGJ.jpg

He dies not long later. Oh well.

oaAu4.jpg

More crusaders haven taken up the call.

An event:

Fd8PX.jpg

Our relatively poor diplomacy means I cannot wiggle my way out of it, so I opt for hurt feelings over less income from my cities.

T2yq0.jpg

Malta converts.

H58XV.jpg

Mauretania's law is set to Agnatic-Cognatic like all the others.

An event:

I9cyC.jpg

I very rarely turn down a chance to increase a stat.

Q6aM1.jpg

Gah! I inherit Samos, and due to the added duchies and territory over my demesne limit, I get a war declaration from a vassal.

I hand out some territory:

JCSQQ.jpg

JwxGK.jpg

HqPO3.jpg

LpSGo.jpg

Counties and duchies are handed out liberally, and everyone is more or less happy again (except the Byzantine Emperor!).

jADot.jpg

The map at the end of the day.

That is this update. Tune in next time to watch me put down a rebellion, and probably get ass-raped by the Byzantine Empire (the emperor has claims on all the territory I just inherited and I fully expect him to press those claims at the worst time imaginable).

Holy hell, snagging that prince/caliph was perfect. :thumbsup: I would've let him marinate some more in the normal prison to keep him alive, myself, but oh well.

By the way, where do I find the characters' current/max health? These modifiers come up, occasionally, but they're pretty ambiguous without knowing what they deduct from.

Also, bump.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Holy hell, snagging that prince/caliph was perfect. :thumbsup: I would've let him marinate some more in the normal prison to keep him alive, myself, but oh well.

By the way, where do I find the characters' current/max health? These modifiers come up, occasionally, but they're pretty ambiguous without knowing what they deduct from.

Also, bump.

I didn't kill him directly, but me sending him to the oubliette (and the health penalty that comes with it) killed him naturally shortly after he was sent there.

Health and fertility and both hidden stats that are not displayed. I think that a characters base stat in these is based off of the parents' or grandparents' stats in these, but I don't know for sure or the specifics of it. The only way I know of to see these numbers is to go in to edit the save using notepad, find yourself, and then they should be with your other stats there.

I didn't kill him directly, but me sending him to the oubliette (and the health penalty that comes with it) killed him naturally shortly after he was sent there.
Yep, I know, I'd meant to say "keep him alive longer", but I botched that foreign language roll.

Health and fertility and both hidden stats that are not displayed. I think that a characters base stat in these is based off of the parents' or grandparents' stats in these, but I don't know for sure or the specifics of it. The only way I know of to see these numbers is to go in to edit the save using notepad, find yourself, and then they should be with your other stats there.
I see. And here I was, frantically scouring the menus for the buggers' health, thinking I'm the only idiot who can't find it. :lol:

Norfleet

So now you seem to be making inroads on the eastern Empire. That going to be where you grab your Basileus title from?

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I'm starting to get vibes of the first game I played in CK1. I owned Spain, Sicily, and all of Africa from Antioch to Marrakesh. Not that expansion is anywhere as easy in this game than in the last. Keep up the heathen-bashing.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 38-Fun with Rebels

Well time to go put down a rebellion. A raise levies only in my recently inherited territories.

U0m5p.jpg

The army they make is pretty nice. Nearly 10k troops added to my army with that acquisition is pretty good.

Jxj9R.jpg

Another conversion.

xvk1q.jpg

And another.

RCoWx.jpg

Our daughter dies. It seems like it was from natural causes, as she had been ill. The children are sent to new educators. Our son and heir is sent to the person with the highest diplomacy.

kfxMr.jpg

At the same time we also managed to defeat the rebel army.

6Bp5k.jpg

They were pursued and wiped out shortly thereafter.

fNvZc.jpg

The queen gets an event, but nothing comes of it.

BCwDy.jpg

Oh great. This jackass again. Another war for Sicily from a Duke of Benevento. I raise my personal levies to deal with him.

FyWsg.jpg

My army and his. LOL.

En6EC.jpg

His army is destroyed but:

sOraA.jpg

Some idiots decide to join him anyway. Calabria and Damietta to be precise.

yORKZ.jpg

Two sieges are won on the same day. The army in Africa goes to fight the rebel force, the army in Italy assaults.

S8HQu.jpg

And wins.

LM6F5.jpg

And again.

oHBiA.jpg

Well fuck. We are now playing as Kallinikos II.

yk6dv.jpg

And the pope declares war on us. Also I have to do some swapping of titles to get myself to be Sicily again.

aY5FR.jpg

Another war of independence is declared.

tVclW.jpg

Time to end the war for Sicily.

J1pz8.jpg

GhDhz.jpg

Now to rally my forces to fight the pope.

gillp.jpg

My army that the pope is about to have to fight.

SKBcg.jpg

Damn regent!

e1lVF.jpg

We defeat the enemy army.

2k4Ob.jpg

HViWW.jpg

One of my rebels decides to throw in the towel. Time to deal with the other one.

6spUz.jpg

YAdph.jpg

With the army pursued and wiped out the Papacy decides its time to end the war.

Now, back to Africa:

MmVHC.jpg

We defeat the rebel army and pursue. A peasant rebellion appears in the province they are fleeing to and defeats them.

tNq7Z.jpg

Yes please. Get ready to bend over Mr. Pointy Hat.

YEKYv.jpg

Another conversion.

zfImL.jpg

The rebel force is wiped out. They are beaten.

22TBi.jpg

zlmxi.jpg

The rebel leader agrees with my assessment.

I end up releasing the Duke of Benevento from prison not long after everything calms down, because he has no children and if he dies right now one of my other Doux's wife will inherit.

NdMEX.jpg

More rebellions! Yay!

As more personal forces move to put down the idiot (she has no personal army only a small group of mercs) I decide to spend some money:

G83KO.jpg

GRjoi.jpg

ozBgg.jpg

kVDd4.jpg

FIPgG.jpg

Alright.

49uuc.jpg

Rebel army destroyed, and she does have some levies, but not much.

dqT9b.jpg

Kallinikos II picks up arbitrary. Booooooo.

x4qqW.jpg

A siege is won.

wrmZ8.jpg

A conversion occurs.

J0AGP.jpg

The asshat French still don't want to marry with me. But...

abqpM.jpg

The HRE will let us marry his sister. Her heirs will inherit claims to the Empire. I will have to think about that.

OD6vG.jpg

Crap. His heir is ambitious too. I expect another rebellion.

BAu8W.jpg

A siege is won.

NMisp.jpg

VzgY0.jpg

The rebels throw in the towel.

yNG0N.jpg

Ah there it is.

Well I think I am going to call that this update. Let me know what you guys think. Should I continue to shoot for marrying a Capet to give my son a claim on the French throne, or should I go ahead and marry a Blois and give him a claim on the HRE (that will be much harder to press)? (Bear in mind Kallinikos II will probably have a pretty long reign and will likely be taking Iberia, and finish grabbing the Caliphate territories that I want)

Vaarna_Aarne

You still should get to your demesne cap. Your putting yourself at a disadvantage against the rebels by severely limiting your income and personal levies.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 39-Making the Caliphate Irrelevant

I6nq4.jpg

We get a conversion as our forces move to put down our rebel friend.

IzHMO.jpg

As the Greek force arrives and wipes out a small group of rebels that have not joined with their main army, Kallinikos comes of age.

mKDct.jpg

bQydH.jpg

We marry a Holy Roman Princess. We are now allied with them.

Et441.jpg

Our amibition is to have a son.

JC1vk.jpg

Province converts. As you can see, peasant rebels are kind of a problem for me right now. In an irritating way, not a dangerous one though.

R4NBt.jpg

My steward brings me some extra money. Cool. I switch him over to economic tech boosting in Rome.

J2gJ1.jpg

we tapped that Holy Roman ass. This is good, the sooner I have children, the better I feel.

FrPkq.jpg

We have a chance to pick up ambitious, but it fails.

rsu5S.jpg

The rebel army is beaten. We pursue it.

BdBT3.jpg

It is a boy!

lQwn1.jpg

Not much choice, so let's have a daughter.

oj4Lk.jpg

LPcCp.jpg

Having his army crushed took the wind out of his sails. Now while I have peace:

Yy8CR.jpg

DwI4M.jpg

That is good. Medium keeps them from fighting each other, but doesn't make them hate me too much.

7Bx48.jpg

Time to fight the good fight against the Caliph again.

Vn3vZ.jpg

As I mobilize, I hear that the HRE will not be joining me. That's too bad.

oyCwg.jpg

Have you come seeking the light?

6hvBU.jpg

The first army is assembled. These are forces from Italy and Tripoli.

halMB.jpg

The second army. Troops from Greece and a few from Egypt.

7PQ9z.jpg

The second heads for Cairo. The third will arrive before too long, and the first will act as a bogey man to keep enemy forces from the second.

xHfLe.jpg

Alrighty.

S44kt.jpg

The third army. North African forces, and Western forces.

ztJBa.jpg

I assault Cairo and take a holding. No more attrition for that group. The third army moves up to the province of Sarqihya. They will be assaulting ASAP to minimize the effects of attrition.

4XOdj.jpg

5cQho.jpg

They are at half strength, but the province is almost ours.

9bHKt.jpg

More converts! Also the first army moves up:

oLNDG.jpg

So that they can assist either of the others if an enemy heads their way.

c3yen.jpg

Assault successful! Province taken! That army heads to Quena and I deploy my spymaster to give me an early warning system against incoming enemies.

1Xioq.jpg

I will see them well in advance.

nDMlO.jpg

It is a girl!

I decide to spend some money:

73MJE.jpg

Gsw24.jpg

OMeF2.jpg

Now that I don't have so much money I:

NzMPe.jpg

Go for the get rich ambition. You can do this repeatedly, but I probably won't do it more than this once. (Mostly because my bro Kallinikos II had too high piety and prestige to go for the ambitions related to those by the time he came of age.)

D5kOI.jpg

A siege is won, and a small enemy force is engaged. They are trying to send reinforcements to the main force at Jerusalem. If they lose this war, they are going to be in real trouble, as my territory and the Sunni Caliphate will have them divided. That means long desert marches without the owner boost to supply levels (which means they suffer lots of attrition anytime they have to go fight someone.)

l5WND.jpg

Sucks to be the Caliph. That 62 troops used to be over 12k. I bet he really hates Greeks.

7NojO.jpg

cgy44.jpg

That poor son of a bitch. Hope he's ready for round two to begin, because its time to engage in some blitzkrieg.

EdFIu.jpg

q6kBt.jpg

We take the Duchy of Cairo. The only thing that stops me from taking over the title King of Egypt is that the Caliph is at war. Land is distributed and a new Doux born:

hQ85x.jpg

Time to get the navies back in port and disband everybody, so we can attack again.

ccDxR.jpg

Round 2! Fight!

CnASd.jpg

As the armies mobilize, more of heathens see the light.

TBxJ3.jpg

Our central and eastern forces (everybody east of Tunis basically). The smallest group goes to siege as these provinces have a supply limit of 7k, and I don't want to bleed out too much (though when the western force arrives I may send them to do some rapid assault advances).

AYAff.jpg

One of our armies catches a small enemy force and wipes it out. The last of our armies is starting to arrive in the area.

PCmwW.jpg

Oh yeah! (In my best Kool-Aid man voice)

5EksJ.jpg

The last army arrive.

alicw.jpg

What everybody is doing.

UMu1s.jpg

Burn me some heretic.

pPaCq.jpg

An enemy army that was running north was wiped out.

LqqfE.jpg

Another small enemy force is caught trying to get across our lands and destroyed. Look at all those prisoners. EXECUTION TIME!

KhBUg.jpg

A siege is won and:

fPv3c.jpg

A province converts. Aw yeah.

RFqUi.jpg

Another one bites the dust.

2IliG.jpg

The first real battle of the war. We win. Big. They march deeper into my territory so I pursue and annihilate.

uQTs2.jpg

Another siege is won in Nubia.

AEwyE.jpg

Province taken. I bet the pansy comes seeking a peace soon.

1HrVC.jpg

+1 Stewardship.

MSKSr.jpg

Another small army eliminated.

yViiv.jpg

Moving about.

jPR39.jpg

More kids.

Bf18u.jpg

A siege is won. The Caliph still isn't ready to throw in the towel though.

PGo7U.jpg

Well. I know who I am going to be attacking next. The Pope better pray for some divine intervention if he doesn't want to be wiped off the map.

ctlBP.jpg

An event. If I wasn't arbitrary, I think it would have other options.

3PQR0.jpg

Siege is won. Armies are staring daggers at one another.

UDBrK.jpg

A child is born, and my army moves.

vi9Sy.jpg

We win. Now if I can just end the war and this update!

hdV0r.jpg

Please tell me he is ready to bend over and take it like a man now.

XiHlr.jpg

G967r.jpg

Excellent!

7J7IT.jpg

eQ01t.jpg

We take the ducal title for ourselves.

9Mkey.jpg

And make a new Doux!

And now. Finally. This update can come to a graceful end. Tune in next time to watch the Caliph enjoy some more pounding, to see the Pope get snuffed out, and possibly see our first foray into Iberia while waiting for claims on some of the independent states in N.Italy.

Vaarna_Aarne

Pansy, use my independence_cb!

PS: You really should use Egypt or Africa as your main title. Being King of Sicily when most of your holdings aren't in Italy looks silly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom