Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

XenomorphII

Prophet
wait, what? you died without heirs?

No I resigned. I just wanted to show the end game screen.

Though *Spoiler for the next update alert*:

I may be about to have that problem.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Bump."
"Bump who?"
*witty punchline*

praetor

Arcane
penny-mclean-bump-10.jpg

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 34-Storm on the Horizon

With the war over, I rally together some of my African forces to go around and smash rebels. I also decide to spend some coin:

oXujX.jpg

FdKnH.jpg

3SICd.jpg

As my troops move to deal with rebels I notice something:

zwBUH.jpg

That poor son of a bitch. He's got another round of rebellions starting.

I am quite pleased however, as now I feel like I can move on Genoa without being attacked by him.

2otUQ.jpg

lfDuT.jpg

More conversions!

hUKWR.jpg

And the situation continues to unravel for the Caliph. That poor bastard.

Since he is occupied at the moment I decide to:

Lkdmr.jpg

Take Genoa!

FjAph.jpg

Croatia decides to back me up. I am only going to use the Italian forces for this, as my vassals are getting pretty upset with their levies being constantly in use.

The army:

jMIfY.jpg

The battle:

iDxT6.jpg

WlW9n.jpg

wARUS.jpg

wYvq4.jpg

We win, but Kallinikos gets wounded again. We pursue and destroy the enemy.

While we do that I receive more news:

Yn2GV.jpg

Yet another conversion!

Q1JUB.jpg

And another not long after.

dQnR7.jpg

And another, while waiting on our siege.

ef7X7.jpg

A siege is won.

jOG1A.jpg

xcXRw.jpg

And the war is won.

Now Genoa's capital is a city. So I want to revoke the title of the guy that has the castle so that I do not receive the wrong holding penalty and can keep Genoa for myself for now. I take a peak at my vassals to see if I can get away with it:

lMrfU.jpg

9hYqM.jpg

NzmAy.jpg

6nMVB.jpg

I think I can afford the -20 to relations. So:

2i4nR.jpg

Fae7G.jpg

And bam! It is done:

0xYLf.jpg

Alrighty. All those cities should bring me lots of money. I won't be creating the ducal title anytime soon to avoid the too many held duchies modifier.

I think I will probably take it easy for a bit now. I have been waging lots of wars lately, and my vassals are pretty upset (though only the Doux of Benevento is considering revolting) and my country could probably use a break.

My chancellor is sent to Venice at this point.

Anyway, at some point my youngest daughter came of age so I marry her:

Yq1GP.jpg

To one of my courtiers.

lstz9.jpg

I really need to stay at peace for awhile, but they are making it really hard right now. It would be so easy to grab Alexandria (probably).

hSfTL.jpg

We get an event it leads to:

m5P2P.jpg

That's nice. Though I am already really pious.

Cu2ST.jpg

My castle in Genoa needs to be improved. A lot.

epLAN.jpg

Despot Kallinikos passes away. For some reason our primary title becomes Africa.

3X3Yh.jpg

I switch back to Sicily. (Though it took me another switch to Africa and then back to Sicily to get it to work. Maybe because I didn't unpause?)

cDEEZ.jpg

Rebellion time!

RRfyN.jpg

We are now Queen Pavlina and she wants her husband dead so she can get a younger, more fertile man.

GDvhb.jpg

Because if we don't get some more kids, things could go badly.

3QPTU.jpg

That is our only daughter, Iouliana. She was being tutored by her grandfather, but now I send her to our cousin because he has high diplomacy.

PS. I am only using my personal levies to put down the rebellion. Benevento is pretty weak, and I don't need to agitate the rest of my vassals right now if it can be helped.

878Ps.jpg

Our cousin backs up our plot. So:

Al6Pt.jpg

EFjPw.jpg

We take him out. Now to get the upgrade and some babies (hopefully).

I settle on:

HfVmV.jpg

Mostly because he is young and Greek. I though about setting up a betrothal between my queen and the heir to the kingdom of France, but it is highly unlikely that they would agree to a matrilineal marriage. Also I would have to wait a few years for him to come of age, and my queen doesn't have that kind of time, as she is already 35.

pyf6J.jpg

Money from the marriage and a rebellion in Africa. This one will require more than my personal levies.

That's this update. I may end up losing this yet. Not because of military defeat, but because my main dynasty line is going to die out.

Tigranes

Arcane
It wouldn't be too bad for your one daughter to inherit the kingdom, as long as you could keep the rebellions in check, no? She'd have plenty of time to birth children. What you don't want is the current queen hitting 40, 45, or whatever they designate as menopause in the game, then rule for decades more without a son.

Probably a sign to halt the conquest for a decade or so now, though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I still think you should use Africa as you main title, seeing how that's where most of your kingdom is.

Norfleet

That's this update. I may end up losing this yet. Not because of military defeat, but because my main dynasty line is going to die out.
Isn't it acceptable to be inherited by a cousin or other more distant relative, as long as that person is part of your dynasty? Are none of them part of the succession?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
i didnt know you can switch titles, you click somewhere in the Realm screen?

You can go to your character's screen, click on the title you want to be your main and then click on the "make primary" button than should be near the top of the box.

But only titles of same rank can be chosen.... And Rome is not even Duchy in CK2... Would be cool to create titular Kingdoms for jewgold send to Basileus, HRE Emperor or Pope.... BTW she has some Uncles or cousins? in My game Spartenos sit in Three Kingdoms. 16 themas and 25 baronies... Plus they were Emperors twice.

Achtung! You will want to keep Genoa and Venice under your direct control even with the wrong type penalty... Because having vassals above barony level of a different type is a whopping -25 penalty to relations with them!

The alternative is to give the county to a baron with a castle holding the province, this will make the castle the primary holding thus eliminating the relation modifier for wrong government type.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 35-Rebellion!

As I move to try to deal with the rebels:

KL46E.jpg

The Duke of Benevento calls in supporters for his bid for the throne. Tangiers, Calabria, and Apulia are all in rebellion now too.

KyDh7.jpg

And some more join him. This is why you should never ever give family members land.

92qDL.jpg

I beat the army of the traitor. Now to take his territory and end the major rebellion.

NBTdq.jpg

And another rebellion. Part of my problem is that Pavlina has an abysmal 7 diplomacy, and that I have -20 relations from having a female ruler and a female heir (-10 for each). I should never have married Kallinikos to a duchess in an attempt to gain territory. It is a terrible thing to have your heirs outside your court and your control.

JtHKd.jpg

I hire mercs.

3fn0e.jpg

They are too late though. I may lose this. More mercs are hired. As they engage the rebels:

ZDGH3.jpg

The loss of cruel would help Pavlina and us out some, but we do not get lucky, and she keeps cruel and does not become kind.

r4BAn.jpg

We take Benevento.

PaVKU.jpg

Another siege is won, and our sister has a son. She is so much more qualified to be queen, because she was actually groomed by us not the retarded AI.

MgVl0.jpg

Some more assaults are won, but my army is all but gone now.

gdCYz.jpg

TT0aO.jpg

I opt for a white peace, as the Muslims are moving against the breakaway duchies in Africa and I don't want to have to try to retake them.

pYR8R.jpg

We carry out some assaults:

RoZkv.jpg

And our rebel is ready for a white peace.

smvRA.jpg

Another little piece is returned into the fold. My army goes to put down the peasant rebellion, then packs up for Western Africa were one of the early rebels is still rebelling. They also get to stop along the way to put down peasants.

ixGAl.jpg

As they move to their destination, another province converts.

oU1og.jpg

Another conversion, and my rebelling vassal managed to sneak an army into Italy and take a holding at Benevento. He will soon be dealt with though.

KHjPe.jpg

We retake our territory.

4FfMV.jpg

Then we crush the rebels.

dcfuk.jpg

Oh, please let it be a boy. *fingers crossed*

After his levies are destroyed a few more times:

ClC3e.jpg

KltR5.jpg

Peace. Now to try to figure out how to prepare, so that when those peace treaties expire in ten years these asses don't all rebel again.

uY4IQ.jpg

THANK YOU! Ahhhhhh. This should help calm things down. +10 relations with all vassals.

O9mOo.jpg

It may hurt my income, but I decide to do away with the feudal tax for now in order to boost my relations with my vassals.

gbDP3.jpg

It doesn't take them long to agree to this measure.

HS70I.jpg

And then our husband dies. He was ill, so this may just be natural not anything funny.

We remarry to this guy:

UwpLz.jpg

Mostly because of his high diplomacy, which should also help our situation out.

3AFmM.jpg

I take the money. It will be used to develop my personal holdings.

70GbD.jpg

I want to make the castle the main holding there instead of the city so I try to take the title from the Lord Mayor. Note that since he rebelled early, I can take the title without pissing my other vassals off.

mmwLi.jpg

He agrees.

07YMm.jpg

The next time that Ancona rebels, I will take it for myself.

Development time:

4PrTn.jpg

ZHqhn.jpg

iIens.jpg

6gF05.jpg

I really need to have more personal troops. Right now I can get almost 4k. For a kingdom that is as large as mine, I would like to have around 6-7k as it makes rebellion stomping much easier. However my next development goal will probably be training centers since they increase the armies starting morale and reinforcement rate.

btfVU.jpg

At this point I notice that while wives help their husbands with their state attributes, husbands do not help their wives. I wonder if that is intended or an oversight? Anyway the point is that marrying that high diplo guy, was kinda pointless except that he is our chancellor now.

cFQrY.jpg

Hohohoho! I take it! Don't know if I will pursue it though at the moment.

YAkMY.jpg

I decline the loan. I will just wait.

rpOB7.jpg

A province converts!

VTl7Z.jpg

And another.

zE04b.jpg

Another chance to ditch cruel. It fails to happen though.

An event:

vZPgA.jpg

Not sure what this one might end up doing, as I don't think I have seen it before. I opt for the relations gain now though.

GfnbQ.jpg

Not long after that, and after dealing with some rebels in Rome, our daughter comes of age. Holy crap look at that diplomacy! Again this is why you should always make sure your heirs are in your court, because you will make them turn out like this, while the AI will make them turn out like this:

sIBnq.jpg

A Comparison between the two:

Queen Pavlina: D-7, M-7, S-4, I-12, L-10. Age:40. Traits:Dutiful Clerk (I=-1, L=+3), Scholar (L=+2), Patient (I=+1, D=+1, S=+1, L=+1), Proud (monthly prestige

+.5), and Cruel (I=+1, D=-1).

Princess Iouliana: D-26, M-8, S-9, I-10, L-11. Age:16. Traits:Grey Eminence (M=-1, I=+2, D=+9, L=+2, Fertility +10%), Stutter (D=-1), Temperate (S=+2),

Gregarious (D=+2), Charitable (D=+3), Honest (I=-2,D=+3), and Brave (M=+2).

Iouliana is pretty much better in every way. Her one big downside is stutter, which I think might carry some nasty hidden effects that are not mentioned (but I don't know for sure).

And that is this update.

Vaarna_Aarne

Pansy, use my independence_cb!

The only additional effect of stutter is -10 vassal relations in most cases.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Pansy, use my independence_cb!

The only additional effect of stutter is -10 vassal relations in most cases.

Sorry, but I just don't like that white peace means the breakaways win, because that isn't a white peace at all.

I don't know if it is possible but I would like it if it could be modded so that those that seek independence are the defenders in the war, and they would gain warscore for holding onto their holdings after a certain amount of time (like in holy wars, but much more quickly and after a few years if action has not been taken then bam independent), as that would make sense to me. Basically, I wonder if it is possible to have it so that the liege is on a pretty tight time limit to enforce his claim to lordship over breakaway lands.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, it would require complex work, possibly unviable due to hardcoding. Still, the way I could think of would be reform the whole rebellion system to instead fire an event where the liege either gives in or declares war. This is why I prefer the "white peace" modding, it's simpler and reaches largely the same goal in AI behaviour.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 36-Enlightenment Time

It would probably be wise if I were to stay at peace and consolidate. But, if I do that I doubt I will have the time to accomplish my overarching goals, so, in the spirit of "fuck it let's see what happens", I:

hSSSh.jpg

Decide to ruin Venice's day.

hSSSh.jpg

The first wave of our troops that are headed for Venice.

Vwzi5.jpg

Arrival. I really expected them to have a nice merc army waiting.

fIIWi.jpg

My second batch of troops. They set sail for Ancona.

bqJPP.jpg

We win. Now they go to join the siege group too.

HhYvx.jpg

Assaults!

CFefr.jpg

4XiHk.jpg

We win. I give the county of Venice to one of the barons that has a castle. Now when he rebels I can take the county for free, lose the wrong holding type penalty, and won't suffer the -20 relations hit for taking his barony now.

Now then. To tidy up our borders:

Zxo8u.jpg

This should be easy.

36Rpd.jpg

An army is assembled, and sets sail.

VYAC5.jpg

They will be joining a small force that is already in position.

5LiHD.jpg

They picked a bad time to engage my troops that were there. They marched on them just as the rest of my troops who had been loaded onto boats started arriving.

As6GY.jpg

Assault successful.

6TcMb.jpg

Wiped out some enemies.

r0L0V.jpg

And some more. They still aren't willing to give up yet though, so I sail the army into Iberia.

As they head that way:

NZtwB.jpg

A province converts.

D51H7.jpg

We arrive. It will take some time for our troops to get ready to assault.

9VvxN.jpg

A few assaults later and they are ready to give up.

rrK7z.jpg

Butthurt detected.

In a time honored tradition of dickheadery I decide to:

iUxJb.jpg

Enjoy getting stomped on again!

kqBuF.jpg

The first wave is ready to move out.

IfXGl.jpg

And now the second wave is ready. The first headed to Canarias, the second will go into Iberia.

fH0rf.jpg

We win a siege.

Lq9c2.jpg

Then assault the other, much weaker, holdings.

8rMXc.jpg

BeZbf.jpg

The war ends. Everybody gets back in my territory then disbands.

y2zw8.jpg

My mother is still alive, but I doubt she has much time left. That is the direct vassals mapmode. Everything that says Samos, will be inherited by me.

While I am thinking about inheritance related stuff, I check something:

WaVJV.jpg

That is the two year old daughter of the King of France and my three year old son. I need to improve his opinion of me by a lot if I want this to happen (and I do, because then my grandson would have claim on the Kingdom of France).

N1Icp.jpg

I also remember that I need to marry my daughter off, and do so.

While I am thinking about it and have the money I:

ZWicP.jpg

dGr2I.jpg

Usurp the title for the Kingdom of Mauretania.

Here are its laws:

rxG4s.jpg

Yikes. I need to scale back that crown authority to medium, and switch it over to Agnatic-Cognatic, like the rest of my titles.

3NqA6.jpg

My vassals are happy to oblige.

Well now. I should probably play it safe and sit at peace, build up, and otherwise take it easy. But where is the fun in that?

So I:

xAghQ.jpg

Attack the Shia Caliphate, which it is apparently now open season on as they are at war with Scotland (meh, except I later noticed that they are allied with France), the Byzantine Empire (sucks to be him), and Georgia plus many other Byzantine vassals (double sucks for him).

wB9EV.jpg

The first army gets put together and goes marching into the desert. They should be fine though.

uEr3M.jpg

The second army arrives. I think I will hold them in reserve for now. Also note that I did not raise my own personal levies. They need to recover.

jykDz.jpg

The Spartenos Family, bringing enlightenment to heathens and heretics since 1060.

AORoU.jpg

I also decide to strategically place my spymaster so that I should see any enemy coming my way long before they are a threat.

00Xop.jpg

Some enemy forces are closing in, and the Empire has won its war.

tNXWX.jpg

The enemy rallies. This is good. Hopefully I will have taken the desert area by the time they finish there, and then they will come to me and let attrition do my dirty work for me.

2Ad3q.jpg

You irritating bastard you.

zQbTJ.jpg

We win a siege as our other army goes to deal with our idiot.

3yF9Z.jpg

We beat his army.

1Za1q.jpg

Their jihad fails. Also their army is now suffering attrition, though it isn't much.

05ROl.jpg

We lose a siege. I need to get a white peace with my rebel quickly so that the that army can be in the area to support the force that is sieging the Caliphate's land.

s0jpg.jpg

The rebel army is wiped out.

CMmKG.jpg

And another rebel. Its a shame that he isn't pleased that I pressed his father's claim, which in turn gave him more territory. I may have to white peace with the Caliph if these idiots keep it up.

bRNbZ.jpg

A province converts!

DWr6q.jpg

I assault the rebels at great cost.

fMOtJ.jpg

J0O3a.jpg

But it convinces our first rebel to call it quits.

Meanwhile back east:

lr3v7.jpg

We lose another siege.

r6OJb.jpg

But we take a province too, so it is all good still.

UedwI.jpg

Another rebel army gets educated on why it is a bad idea to rebel.

ZuW9Y.jpg

Another siege is lost, and more enemy troops are coming. My army over there has had to pull back into our territory for now, as disease has struck the area.

They will probably disband soon.

nTmb3.jpg

Another siege is lost. Both my armies are trying to put down the rebellion right now.

GrZ8R.jpg

We win a siege, but they still aren't ready to give up.

LUUe3.jpg

And another rebel joins the fun.

8UI2A.jpg

An assault is won and they are ready for peace, now to Venice.

ZEjaq.jpg

ZPaq0.jpg

This is good. It should improve people's opinion of us.

Bhcqd.jpg

Ambition achieved. That will also help with people's opinion of us. We don't have any options except to kill our husband, so we have no ambition right now.

jq9Ho.jpg

Our first grandson is born!

V6xxU.jpg

We arrive in and assault the holdings at Venice, and before long the rebel is begging for peace. I imprison him and:

jt11h.jpg

Take his title for myself. With the rebellions suppressed, it is time to focus on the Caliph once again.

But that will be in the next update. For now my armies disband to recover and get ready to go bring enlightenment to some more heathens.

Cornflakes

Novice
So many rebellions. I've learned to hate that formal declaration of war message popup. It always comes at the wrong time.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Yeah. I am taking a few days off to mentally prepare myself for what will probably be a very rough few updates, as LPing rebellion smashing is pretty tiresome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom