Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Cataclysm DDA - Absalom's Great Adventure

dextermorgan

Arcane
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is a funny not-so-little Cleve simulator Roguelike created by some dude named Whales who eventually got tired of trying to fix his own code and abandoned the game, at which point it was taken up by some other developer who even had a successful Kickstarter to keep the game going. Whales wasn't too happy with this development and is in the process of creating Cataclysm 2, slated for release right after Grimoire.

:ibelieveincleve:

Current developers are busy trying to fix the code so that it properly supports z-levels, biomes, weather and other awesome shit the game needs, but are also wasting their time coding useless items and cluttering up the crafting interface with Fur Cat Tails and other assorted weaboo junk.

GUBmL3i.png

Journey of a Codex Troll
  1. Getting ready...
  2. ...to be eaten by a Mi-Go
Cassidy has a Really Bad Day
  1. Waking up in a burning house
  2. Getting stung to death by a giant wasp
Absalom's Great Adventure
  1. Nothing much happens (and it's a good thing)
  2. Unlife in suburbia
  3. Needful things
  4. Too close for comfort
  5. Absalom goes for a drive
  6. A lucky break

Last edited:

dextermorgan

Arcane
Here we go.

The title screen. We're playing unstable to be able to take advantage of all the latest features (and also because stable has a terrible, terrible performance killing bug).
GUBmL3i.png

Generating a new world. I've added mods to disable religious texts (I think reading them gives a morale bonus) because I'm a godless heathen, experimental Z-Level buildings since I want to see them in action and a Vehicle Additions Pack because it lets you mod your killdozers with some really cool things which I haven't explored at all.
s0fTNwP.png

Increased season length to 90 days because I dislike the default. Didn't touch anything else, especially dynamic spawn and wandering spawns which piss me off.
KvuMJ04.png

Naming the world.
6fFVPtp.png

Our hero is a regular Joe.
Pyr3DR2.png

Bumped stats from default 8s. I like high intelligence as it lets you bump skills quicker. Strength and Dexterity at medium levels, Perception left at 8. May regret that when I step on a mine.
ixQSLTZ.png

Profession of Chain Smoker because I was one, and because of extra points.
cLTKpnp.png

Bumped mechanics and tailoring since they're super useful in early game.
YG0SgPW.png

Naming out hero. Cleve is busy fixing those last two bugs so we're going with a generic troll. Here you can see all my chosen traits: Lightweight makes drugs and alcohol affect you more than normal, Robust Genetics somewhat helps you from getting crappy mutations, Fast Reader is cheap and useful, Deft is also cheap and somewhat useful in the early game and against hard to hit enemies, Truth Teller is free points since I haven't enabled NPCs (bugs bugs bugs), Night Vision is super useful for night resource raids and can mutate into High Night Vision which is even more useful, Quick makes you faster at everything, Glass Jaw reduces your head HP a bit, Heavy Sleeper makes you harder to wake which can be a double-edged sword, Trigger happy makes you occasionally unintentionally spray enemies with ammo, which is not an issue since I mostly play with semi-auto / single shot ranged weapons anyway.
4OYCUde.png

Chose the default starting location.
zfQ7vQf.png

This is our starting shelter. The locker has a couple of fairly useless items. Ok, emergency blanket can be useful.
y5ianpy.png

This is the map. There's an office tower up north, a cave to north west, apartment tower to the south, and a hardware store, pizza parlor, liquor store, two pharmacies, two pools and two garages to the east of us.
3gVZQKy.png

I went out and gathered some stones. Then I smashed a window to get a heavy stick and some sheets, and a long string, which I disassembled into small strings. Now I can craft a stone knife. I could have also made a makeshift metal knife but it's pointless as it takes up more volume, weighs more and is only superior as a weapon. I won't use either it or the stone knife as a weapon anyway.
7qFvyfz.png

Picking up the two sheets left over after smashing the window. You can "wear" them which makes transport easier. Not advisable with enemies nearby.
aoxPtWG.png

Cutting the sheets into rags using my stone knife.
4t2GpDV.png

I cut up a heavy stick in order to get some skewers. They can be used for cooking but also as an ingredient.
X8hDlqe.png

I smash another window for another heavy stick and make a cudgel. Cudgel is a great starting melee weapon since it's fast and has a nice set of techniques that allow you to stunlock enemies.
DqFISjF.png

In order to bump up my Fabrication skill I craft a couple of glass shivs. Don't know if they're any good at anything besides self-harm, never tried them.
U9W05dB.png

And now I can carve that skewer into a wooden needle, fledgling tailor's best friend.
4uOSKKg.png

Disassembling short strings yields thread, which I load the needle with and now I can start making clothes from those rags I got by cutting up sheets.
X8HyfOD.png

What followed is a whole lot of cutting, sewing and reinforcing, plus a trip to the woods to the west to forage for some eggs. This is the resulting loadout. I dumped my starting briefs, emergency jacket and dress shirt, and added long underwear for warmth, another pair of socks, cargo shorts for some extra storage (they seem to count as underwear), some hand wraps for extra warmth, a cotton hat, a hoodie, and a duster. They're all reinforced (meaning you sewer patches on them making them sturdier and better at providing armor.
fJMcBym.png

My tailoring has gone up to 3, survival to 2 (from all that foraging), and fabrication to 1. I'm also very thirsty since I have no way to collect water in the starting shelter and it didn't spawn any items except for winter boots, which I can't wear due to my wool allergy.
AO1Bomy.png

The night has fallen and I've made my way to the hardware store. Ran into a single zombie there, which was whacked repeatedly with a cudgel until it stopped moving, and then carved into chunks of meat with a stone knife. The loot was underwhelming but at least I got a wheelbarrow (which is a type of unpowered vehicle you can drag around with you and dump items in. Very useful.
aWqZuIu.png

Suffering from thirst, I raided the Pizza Parlor hoping for some sodas but there was only flour, seasoning and other food to be found there. There was water in the toilet but I didn't fancy getting an upset stomach and left it. Also, fuck Fallout 3. Made my way down to the Liquor Store to see if there's anything I can drink there and ran into a fat zombie. It's a slower zombie variety with more armor and health. It died.
I50XveV.png

Another zombie was banging on the wall outside while I was raiding the Liquor Store. Found a ton of alcohol I have no use for since I don't plan to make Molotovs or other stuff just yet. I did find some jugs of cheap wine. Cheap wine will be spilled and gallons used to catch rainwater. I drank some sodas to finally quench my thirst. This is the result of looting HW store, Pizza Parlor and Liquor Store (left all the alcohol).
FLB1ga3.png

More stuff. At least I got some food.
jckfHGh.png

And even more stuff.
GvuFrwH.png

I'm currently debating looking for a house in the hopes of finding a pot or some other container I can use to boil water in, or heading straight back to the shelter and sleeping (my toon is now Tired). I'll probably try to stumble into a house in the dark.

dextermorgan

Arcane
And continuing.

I decided to head across the street and try and find a normal house. The zombie that was making the noise behind the liquor store is taken care of.
KyliY9X.png

Aaaand our very first challenge. We run into a zombie brute in the middle of the street. We run, he gives chase.
2JJya4q.png

We dodge into an alley with the brute hot on our heels.
5ugSe83.png

Through a fence and a glass door, can't shake him off. We decide to stand our ground, blocking the doorway with our wheelbarrow and making the brute clamber over it to get in range. There's a shocker zombie to the north but he can't see us. We can see him since he's lit up like a Christmas decoration.
oqWeeCS.png

First strike is a dud but the next one is a critical! The beast is stunned!
HBMSnQC.png

Shit. He smashes into us and we fly across the room and land on the floor heavily. Still, beats being thrown through a wall I guess.
QdZ8JrY.png

We position ourselves behind some chairs and wait for the beast to come again. He does, but our armor is holding.
8QABook.png

Haha! Take that asshole!
Lucq1Ve.png

A few more strikes and the beast goes down.
Qhvm6bX.png

We realize we ended up in yet another Pizza Parlor. This one was so loaded with goodies I decided to dump the lawnmower and some other voluminous items and stuff the wheelbarrow with food. Still no pot though. We head to the house south of the Parlor and find this along the way. Too big to take now but definitely something I want.
rKO3BAR.png

It was a fancy house and I was worried there would be no pots, since some of these people seem to have lived on takeout alone, but I luck out and find one in the oven (to the east of my toon).
RVIoAqq.png

On the way out, we discover a whole bonanza of food and a nice knife (superior butchering quality). We stuff it all in the wheelbarrow.
XdtihhW.png

Time to head home. We run into a Feral Hunter. He's too fast to outrun but goes down with relative ease.
KzTtbE6.png

No revivificaiton for you bro.
Hwoihnz.png

Heading west, the night around us is alive with sounds.
AvIfkwk.png

Suddenly, human speech! Unfortunately, this does not bode well. I heard that voice before, in the cold depths of a darkened underground laboratory.
2qDBwLY.png

It seems to be following. This is not good.
WgpWMnb.png

Well shit.
nNDio9W.png

Mindlessly parroting human speech, a Mi-Go swoops at us from the darkness with frightening speed.
cMvyKAu.jpg

He's much too fast to outrun. I pull the packet of cocaine from the wheelbarrow and stuff my nose full of it, hoping the speed bonus will give me an edge. I still can't reliably outrun him, and he'd probably just end up following me back to the shelter.
dDr0TSB.png

I hit him once before a huge chitinous pincer rakes my eyes. With no protection there, I'm fucked.
U5EVdmK.png

I wish I took that cocaine as soon as I heard the creepy voice in the night. Oh well.
X04Fw89.png

Stats for this run. Had I made it back to the shelter it could've been good.
tEIEoyl.png

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Mi-Go are the killers of most new characters. They are just too damn fast, and they hit like a truck. The only way for a new character to deal with them is to shot them full of holes with any firearm, preferably a shotgun blast to the face.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Mi-Go are the killers of most new characters. They are just too damn fast, and they hit like a truck. The only way for a new character to deal with them is to shot them full of holes with any firearm, preferably a shotgun blast to the face.
I know bro. Unfortunately, I couldn't spot it from afar and had no guns from my raid.
Raid at night. Use talking dolls to distract
That's what I was doing. RNG just buttfucked me by throwing that thing in my path at night. I think I'd be able to take on a zombear or a zoose, but a Mi-Go was too much.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Apparently no one wants to pilot a zombie-squashing killdozer they made themselves while shooting their sawn-off through the window. Oh well, I'll probably do another run once they fix the latest game-breaking bug in develop version.

Absalom

Talking dolls? Mi-go's? What is all this new shit they added

I volunteer btw faggot dextermorgan

(This way I can see all the new shit without having the fuck with the fonts for the 30th goddamn time)

dextermorgan

Arcane
Talking dolls? Mi-go's? What is all this new shit they added

I volunteer btw faggot dextermorgan

(This way I can see all the new shit without having the fuck with the fonts for the 30th goddamn time)
Yeah, about that. Apparently fixing the aforementioned bug prompted them to overhaul the item system, which in turn introduced ctd bugs in the unstable version, which is what I was playing. I'm waiting for them to fix it since I can't get into a single town without the game crashing on me. Once it's fixed, I'll make sure to do a run with Faggot Absalom right after Cassidy has his really bad day.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Cassidy and I are about to embark on a journey of discovery.

As requested, a Really Bad Day challenge scenario is chosen. Cassidy is about to begin his game completely hammered, depressed over leaving Vault City, trapped inside a burning house, naked as a newborn and sick as a dog with the flu.
cZahDzD.png

In order to give him a fighting chance, I bump up his strength to 12, dexterity to 14 (probably most important), intelligence to 14 (will be useful if we managed to survive) and perception to 10 (should allow us to spot traps)
pKZJGc6.png

I skip over the chosen traits since the'll be easy to explain from the character sheet than from char generation. You can select only two professions with this scenario. I choose Shower Victim since Tweaker is downright suicidal, from what I can tell.
ePoMppw.png

Bumped dodging and melee.
Mhfqe6m.png

Naming
46TYBlV.png

Since I chose self-defense classes trait, I get to choose a fighting style. I like ninjitsu since it's awesome with melee weapons later on. Silence bonus should help a bit with keeping a low profile.
hcWFLXx.png

Yadda yadda
jbW4cJd.png

Our starting location. Those 4's down there are raging fires. They will spread like a motherfucker. Smoke hasn't spawned yet but you can bet your ass the room will be full of it in a few turns. The rest of the stuff you can see is furniture. There's a kitchen to the NE of us.
l1foTTw.png

A quick glance at the character sheet. I'm not sure why everything is at 3 encumbrance. Even though I picked all the speed traits, this causes Cassidy's speed to bomb (since Base Move Cost is so high). Since this is the first turn, stat penalties have not been applied yet. They will drop soon enough. Cassidy also got himself bit somehow. That sucks major ass.
eEmcS7g.png

The map. Our position is not half bad actually. If we can make it out of the burning house and get to another one, we may stand a chance.
WXSLkUl.png

Well... Suffice to say, this is not good.
yAQREeq.png

dextermorgan

Arcane
Cassidy goes forth.

First thing's first. Cassidy has to drop the soap since he has no clothes with any storage and it's causing him to be over-encumbered (which is why he had 3 encumbrance on all his body parts)
xW6e5S7.png

Cassidy decides to try and head south since there's an open field below the house, while the north is bound to be infested with zeds or worse. All his stats drop dramatically due to his ailments and he starts feeling the pain.
EcjKS1h.png

Behind the door to the south he finds a small study. No windows directly facing south though. Bad luck.
lDW6Rxj.png

Worse, as soon as Cassidy starts climbing through the window, he's immediately spotted by a fat zombie and a skeleton.
q07XuEk.png

Cassidy decides that luring them into a burning house is a good idea and heads directly east but finds a skeletal dog behind the closed door.
hvtYy3F.png

Cassidy slams the door in the pooches face and goes back to the window to try his luck with the zeds.
b0Xm4gP.png

He circles towards the south east before doublebacking towards the house to the south west of our starting location. Unfortunately, even with his speed traits the accumulating pain and lowered stats reduced his speed and he's unable to lose the zeds trailing him. He picks up a rock and makes a stand behind a bush next to our target house. A skeleton is swiftly pounded into submission.
ozNUJWz.png

But the activity attracted a giant wasp. The wasp is too quick to outrun and in our present state we're no match for its poison. Cassidy's pain counter went through the roof, incapacitating him and making him an easy pray for the giant insect.
V80g27Q.png

Cassidy's last moments.
OE0F7lx.png

Well, I guess they don't call it a Really Bad Day for nothing. I don't think I made any real mistakes, except maybe for not giving the wasp a wider berth. With the pain counter rising though, I was worried that running in circles would eventually make me unable to combat the zeds and we couldn't lose them.

Cassidy bro, since this was a really short one, we can give it another go? Or should I take Absalom for a ride?

Absalom

Hmm. Skill point allocation always tripped me up in this game, because alot of the cool stuff requires you to grind your ass retarded or get lucky and find the right book. Much easier to start with mechanics 4 so you can hacksaw a couple cars and be at mechanic 12 or something outrageous.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Hmm. Skill point allocation always tripped me up in this game, because alot of the cool stuff requires you to grind your ass retarded or get lucky and find the right book. Much easier to start with mechanics 4 so you can hacksaw a couple cars and be at mechanic 12 or something outrageous.
Yeah, the crafting system needs some serious rebalancing to make it less grindy. However, it's best to allocate most, if not all, of your points into stats and traits as they're much more useful in the long run. I usually put just one point (worth 2 levels) into skills, depending on what I deem most important when starting out. Anything above is a waste of points imho since it's fairly easy to level up your skills, especially with Fast Learner trait.

Anyway, we can elaborate more on that when I continue the LP.

Cassidy

Arcane
If you survive long enough you can become an Eldritch Abomination, a furfagsomething much, much worse than an Eldritch Abomination or a cybernetic killing machine. Mutations are much more random but cooking(AKA chemistry) for crafting mutagens is relatively easier to learn than First Aid + Mechanics + Electronics for installing cybernetic modules with minimum risk.

dextermorgan

Arcane
An uneventful start for Absalom

I generated a new world since I deleted the old Fair Codexia with same options. I modified starting stats for Absalom a bit, let's see how this configuration does. We begin in the standard shelter.
XnmdVoU.png

This is Absalom's character sheet. I bumped his dexterity to improve his performance in melee, and also chose different traits for him - Disease Resistant because cold and influenza are a major pain in the ass to deal with, forcing you to hole up and pass the time somehow until they pass or risk adventuring with serious stat penalties. I took Fast Learner to alleviate skill grind a bit. Forgetful is basically free points since I have skill rust disabled. Glass Jaw reduces head HP by 20%, well worth the extra points (3 I think), Heavy Sleeper I never had issues with. In fact, I had more trouble being woken up by random noise than with being attacked while sleeping. Lightweight means Absalom should abstain from alcohol and other substances. Night Vision is an awesome trait since you do a lot of nighttime raiding and an extra visibility square can mean a LOT. Quick makes you generally quicker, good trait. Robust Genetics will hopefully help us get High Night Vision, possibly other useful mutations without getting too crippled by negative ones. Self-Defense Classes got us Ninjutsu, which is awesome. Trigger Happy for points, I prefer semi-auto weapons anyway. Truth Teller and Ugly have no effect since NPC's are disabled (because they're a buggy mess still). Wool Allergy prevents wearing wool items. I almost never use them anyway.
OztB1Bk.png

After grabbing an emergency jacket from a nearby locker, Absalom descends into the shelter cellar. No zeds down here, a couple of items which are useful.
lAk4fC4.png

After picking up a few rocks outside, Absalom returns to the shelter and smashes a window. Resultant long string is disassembled into short strings.
wPVEPwF.png

Using a heavy stick, short string (both result from breaking a window), and a couple of rocks (one to hammer, another to be hammered at), Absalom crafts a stone knife.
vgPS8Tv.png

Absalom takes the rest of the junk from the broken window and dumps it next to an active console because it produces light and allows us him craft even in the dark. Sheets get cut up into rags.
zpImiCB.png

Now he needs to bump his fabrication skill to one. Easiest way to do that is to craft these things.
n9zIikw.png

With fabrication of 1 and a heavy stick chopped into skewers, Absalom can now craft a wooden needle.
v5I4cIb.png

Small strings are further disassembled into threads.
8Jyzn70.png

His wooden needle loaded with thread, Absalom attempts to craft some protection for his freezing bodyparts but his morale has bombed...
EkI1VQd.png

Because he craves a smoke. I start to miss the Optimist trait already.
xUeXvpj.png

He indulges by eating the can of herring he found in the basement.
I4vHWi3.png

And proceeds to craft some hand protection. With no skill in tailoring, his options are a bit limited.
FlmrqDh.png

He makes two pairs of hand wraps and a turban. His temperature should start to rise a bit now.
U3hTYRY.png

Reinforcing various items for sewing practice, Absalom raises his tailoring to 1 and is able to craft some actual gloves for himself.
D3ZMBBK.png

It is now midday, Absalom's skill in tailoring is half way to 3 and he's not cold any more. He's starting to feel the thirst though.
NUO4ooC.png

After a whole lot more sewing, this is the result. Items in dark green have been reinforced, increasing their armor value and durability. Not much in the way of armor value with these, but it sure beats wearing a towel.
SpwqMlJ.png

With tailoring at 3, Absalom can finally craft a hoodie (some protection, some storage, warm) and a duster (great storage, some protection, covers the torso, the arms, the legs).
JHJjOPY.png

Finally, a backpack is added to his loadout and he's almost ready to venture out of the starting shelter.
hOUcY2S.png

Another look at the character sheet. Note how well the Fast Learner trait works: 2 failed attempts to craft a backpack, one successful one, and the backpack reinforced brings his skill up 50%.
HKqnIbh.png

After crafting a cudgel for bashing zombie heads in, Absalom heads North East towards a lone house he spotted during the day. I forgot to screenshot the map at the beginning but you'll see it later in this post. He runs into some bats and a dog on his way, nothing to be worried about.
pZ7eNBE.png

His inventory.
NM0BZ0P.png

After a fairly long trek through the dark fields, Absalom finally reaches the house and remembers he forgot to craft a makeshift crowbar. Looks like windows will have to be broken, which is noisy and not good.
bQ48QW2.png

He checks his map. To the south of him there's a Serving Area Interface. I'm not sure what that actually is. SW is the starting shelter, and SE of that (not shown) is a refugee center which we did not go to since it's bound to be crawling with zeds. We'll get there in due time.
hkNGOpe.png

Absalom breaks the bathroom window and enters the house, only to find stairs leading to the basement. This is good news, since house basements can often hold very useful items.
dDEbodR.png

Deciding to check the basement later, he rushes into the kitchen and finds a nice pile of food and drink waiting for him there. He grabs the milk jug and downs one third (thank god I didn't pick Lactose Intolerant), before taking an uncooked burito and a pot outside.
6AHmfyW.png

With a pot and a burning heavy stick he cooks himself a meal. Burito can be eaten raw but that would bomb his morale. This is much, much better.
ipJSfTt.png

Exploring the rest of the house, Absalom finds evidence an Infinitron passed through recently.
cS7r7RS.png

Time to head to the basement. It's a pretty nice one, with two beds complete with blankets and pillows, and metal racks with supplies. Nothing to write home about but in his current position a pretty nice find.
6KKIct3.png

More stuff from the racks. He already picked up a crowbar and some First Aid Kits.
vvnq6U9.png

More stuff. The plastic canteen will be useful later on. Entrenching tool... I don't know if we'll be doing any digging soon.
oQWNK5G.png

Absalom decides to pile all the stuff he found in the house next to the stairs in the bathroom. Here you can see the loot on the left and his inventory (worn items not shown) on the right.
sEhCzgs.png

With not much left to do, Absalom decides to wander about the dark street to the north, hoping to find another house to loot. He finds a car instead. It has some fuel. some battery charge, but the engine has been shot. Since he doesn't have a screwdriver, he can't even attempt to disable the security system (and, with no skill in Mechanics, fail hilariously) and turn on the headlights, in hopes of spotting surrounding buildings, if any.
euwu7No.png

He decides to retreat to the basement and sleep until the morning. Let's hope the view is nice.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Early bird gets the worm

Absalom wakes in his basement quarters. It's still dark but he's had enough sleep.
0a9vzI4.png

Outside the house, the fire he used to cook the burito is still burning. This is because time "stops" for z-levels you're not currently on.
KkWwbWS.png

Having made the mistake of stuffing himself with batter fried fish, he can't drink any more milk without some of it going to waste as it also sates hunger and he's full.
mwKM5Fo.png

Instead, he fills the plastic canteen he found in the basement with clean water.
rQF5Lca.png

Even after boiling six units of water it's still dark so he waits for dawn to break.
wWMzCXn.png

Circling around the south west corner of the house he sees no enemies and proceeds to move up the road to the north. There's a running car up there (8 is smoke).
wxWbWOl.png

Car is fueled and battery is good but all the wheels are shot. He switches the engine off and keeps going.
THZ7ysB.png

Glancing at the map it turns out the first house is ideally positioned to be the base from which to raid the suburb to the north.
w4ddZQv.png

Between the two houses to the north there's a Hippie Van in working condition. Absalom makes a mental note of this and proceeds.
5oXKL6p.png

After raiding the house to the left for some food, a teapot and cannabis, he moves to the house to the right but is spotted by a Shrieker zombie. The door to the house is open so he dives inside and gets ready to fight.
2LlANkH.png

He drops the backpack and a gallon jug of vinegar. Backpack was encumbering his torso by 1, and since his melee skill is at 0 that pushed it into negative values, making it very hard to fight. Dropping the jug is necessary since without backpack he doesn't have enough volume to carry all this stuff.
3MnH2WD.png

Peeking out to see where the zed is. It's coming closer.
Ytda72t.png

Making sure the zombie sees him, Absalom stands behind a window, cudgel at the ready. Zed will be slowed down by having to climb through the window and should be an easy mark. It shrieks but there are no other zeds to answer the call.
S7CBbsr.png

At this point I thought Absalom actually killed the zed but it was merely knocked off the window by a critical hit.
D1KJoA5.png

There he is, dazed from having his skull repeatedly pounded by a piece of wood.
bLarXjy.png

A few more hits and he's down. Wow, I guess investing in dexterity and ninjutsu is really paying off.
xHPn33A.png

Butchering the corpse Absalom finds he's able to retrieve bones as well. This should bode well for bone-oriented crafting.
jgLI7y8.png

Inside the house he finds his first book, Under The Hood. Now he has a way to bump his mechanics skill without having to take apart a car. In the house he also found a runner's pack, a small backpack which doesn't encumber the torso at all.
2UZgtyn.png

Bathroom also nets some neat loot of the medicinal persuasion.
oXKwVpN.png

Another zed is spotted. The bathroom has a single tile window, making it an ideal place. Absalom drops his backpack and the gallon jug and proceeds to bash some zombie skulls in.
Oj4f3ZX.png

Feral hunter is down but here come a zombie cop and skeletal dog.
kMA5nwX.png

The cop has more damage resistance. Absalom can only really harm him with critical strikes, which means he has to pound at it a lot.
OMVlbo8.png

He goes down eventually, as did the dog.
GXCVKXq.png

The loot. Absalom really wants those leather items to harvest leather straps and craft more stuff. Those boots are also much, much better than the dress shoes he's currently wearing.
ZQfzb0i.png

Having collected all the loot (leather items had to be cut first because they were too bulky), Absalom returns to base.
8J7hCE7.png

Well, that went swimmingly. Absalom absolutely destroyed all the zeds he came across and didn't even get scratched. I think he took a few hits but the armor held. He'll loot another two houses to the north before calling it a day and doing some crafting / reading at home base.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom