Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
An evolution list shouldn't be too hard to find, but it's not like I'm letting people pick what they get to be anyways. I figure it's more fun if people don't know whats coming.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1st option.

BriD0058.jpg

:lol:

Bee, on the other hand,
BriD0138.jpg

Becomes a faggy pink vampire. We'll shuffle her off to marry Edward ASAP.

:lol: A truly prosperous vampire!

Archaeon

Scholar
This LP is great but...what the fuck man!? You deliberately sent me to get slaughtered then ordered me sit in the back like a fag, devoid of any XP (while you say I was the one who ran away...:roll:) , while you send all the other codexers for free XP kills all the fucking time! And even if it was your (deliberate or not) mistake, you don't even make me another dude, while fucking Andhaira has like 3 monsters...:eek:
Ok, DR, I understand you're a codexer, hardcore and merciless and all that but... This is just bullshit in my opinion :rpgcodex:

2 minutes later edit: Yeah, I wouldn't be so pissed off but this is my first character in an LP ever and it's a game I fuckin' love too... Put yourself in my skin - it's just dissapointing.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
An evolution list shouldn't be too hard to find, but it's not like I'm letting people pick what they get to be anyways. I figure it's more fun if people don't know whats coming.

That's a good point. Disregard my vote then and pick whatever you feel is most suitable. You already have a Gigas anyhoo, so I'm good with whatever. :salute:

Damned Registrations

We'll be attempting to recruit/raise just about everything. Though I had planned on naming our first hydra racofer. He seems the to have the most :mhd: affinity.

Played some more. Much incline was had amongst the codex as a whole. Archaeon is still on the enemy team whining for rescue. More names were doled out. I've settled on level 5 as being the general threshold for bothering to name monsters.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Strange, a game I have never ever heard of. Nice one digging up the obscure, interesting fare.
Also, I read
Brigandine: The Legend of Fursona

Damned Registrations

Well shit. Apparently I forgot to turn my screencapture program on when I played last time. Update is going to be delayed and slightly timeskipped.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well shit. Apparently I forgot to turn my screencapture program on when I played last time. Update is going to be delayed and slightly timeskipped.

I guess most, if not all LPers have tried this. The breaking point is whether this makes one abandon the LP or you stick it out. You though, seem like a true :bro:

Damned Registrations

Played some more. There was an... interesting development that might make Archaeon rather happy.

Damned Registrations

Update time!

BriE0001.jpg

So, we missed out on two turns, during which we didn't have any major battles but got some free wins, and did a number of quests.
BriE0002.jpg

The map now looks like this. Caerleon is pretty fucked, with Cai holed up between us and Esgares. He can't perform a proper retreat from there or move back to his base or anything either.
BriE0003.jpg

Thanks to our extra holdings, we actually have a decent income finally, and can start outfitting more of our knights.
BriE0004.jpg

golgepapas inclined himself into a new class by reaching level 10. Though it's basically just a slightly better version with no significant improvements.
BriE0005.jpg

Cortina is still level 1, because the battle we put her in ended before she could do anything. :x
BriE0006.jpg

God what a boring army this is. Need to sacrifice a bunch of those plants.
BriE0007.jpg

Lucia performed another special quest and experienced some :incline:, however, she still sucks. But maybe she's worth using now, kind of. With 60 in all 3 main stats, she can switch to any of the base classes. Though she'd make an awful caster with MP that low. But mastering one to have access to certain spells can be nice, so you have an archer with heal or frost or whatever. Not many characters get the base stats to do this, especially this early.
BriE0008.jpg

Her profile changed too, but I never took a shot of the old one anyways. Anyways, here's her quest:

Lucia2.jpg

Lucia is back in the village in the deep mountain.

Boy: Lucy! I have great news!

Lucia2.jpg
: What is it? The boy slowly stands up and walks toward lucia with firm steps.

Lucia2.jpg
: My God!

Boy: See! I can walk! I can walk now, Lucia!

Lucia2.jpg
: Thank God!

Boy: I didn’t tell you, but I have been practicing. I knew you looked sad because of my legs, because I wasn’t able to walk. I practiced so that I could start walking again and I don’t have to see you being sad anymore.

Lucia2.jpg
: Oh...

Boy: Please smile, Lucia! i’m all well now. I can walk!

Lucia2.jpg
: There is something I must tell you... It’s about your injury...

Boy: I know it was you.

Lucia2.jpg
: What?!

Boy: I have known it was you all this time. You must hate me for what I did... I know it’s too late, but if there is anything I can do, please...

Boy: Don’t say that. I don’t hate you. If it wasn’t for that incident, we wouldn’t have become friends like this.

Lucia2.jpg
: I’m sorry... I’m really sorry...

Boy: Hey! Don’t apologize anymore! I will practice more and when I grow up, I will become a Knight and fight alongside you.

Lucia2.jpg
: Thank you. I’ll look forward to it.

Lucia has regained her ability.
STR increased by 5 points.
INT increased by 5 points.
AGI increased by 5 points.
Rune Power increased by 20 points.

BriE0009.jpg

Nothing more happened to Miguel but I figured I'd take a shot of his profile in case it changes later on.
BriE0010.jpg

Enemy situation hasn't changed much. Zemeckis left and Esclados is here now, which is a bit better since Esclados can't nuke half my army for ~200 damage in a single turn, or hit a unit from 3 hexes away after moving. And he has shittier rune power.
BriE0011.jpg

Cai's army is still kinda tough looking, with that druid hiding under the enchantress there.
BriE0012.jpg

Oh, and Gallo hit level 10, so I changed his class to Grappler, which is the upgraded version of Ranger. Onwards to battle!
BriE0013.jpg

Other countries have finally started attacking eachother.
BriE0014.jpg

This ought to be pretty one sided. Meleagant is way tougher than Yvain and Lance has his dragon backing him up, while Noie's got fuck all.
BriE0015.jpg

I think you can set an option to view the battles in more detail, but who cares really?
BriE0016.jpg

:incline: of New Almekia.
BriE0017.jpg

Time to bring some :incline: to ourselves.
BriE0018.jpg

Fuck, this is an annoying place to attack. Especially from the south.
BriE0019.jpg

And of course we don't have much in the way of high sky units that can cross the mountains, or a hydra to use the lake properly.
BriE0020.jpg

Our lizardmen do get a nice bonus for fighting in the shallows.
BriE0021.jpg

But not nearly as nice as what this fucker or that hydra will get. We're better off fighting on land. The problem is, the pass between the mountain and the lake is pretty tiny, and their griffon and wyverns can circle around our flank, while the mages nuke our guys bunched up while they form a concave formation around us. Double plus ungood.
BriE0022.jpg

The enemy is waiting for us to get as close as possible before moving, just biding their time and putting on buffs. I guess the AI knows it's a shitty spot to be in too.
BriE0023.jpg

We end up setting up here. I throw the plant here to hopefully lure the hydra into attacking it from the water instead of circling around to our rear.
BriE0024.jpg

They'll definitely start some shit this turn.
BriE0025.jpg

Though apparently not from Cai.
BriE0026.jpg

We throw protect on Gallo and our Roc before the fighting starts.
BriE0027.jpg

The first attacker is a wyvern against our left scorpion.
BriE0028.jpg

Actually got some nice battle shots for once.
BriE0029.jpg

It's roughly an equaly exchange damage-wise, but of course the wyvern has way more hp. OTOH, the wyvern got poisoned, which is a pretty sweet advantage this early in the fight.
BriE0030.jpg

They also get one of their ghouls petrified. This is actually annoying, since it'll make it harder to kill and it won't be getting itself murdered by attacking our units either.
BriE0031.jpg

They send in their lizardman to fuck up our plant, but we get no dice on paralyze.
BriE0032.jpg

Really glad I didn't try going into the water. I forgot these things get a special attack there.
BriE0033.jpg

Gallo uses statues as punching bags because he's hardcore like that.
BriE0034.jpg

We actually have access to charm for this fight, and Archaeon is here...
BriE0035.jpg

However, Charm only has a range of 2, and that pussy is hiding back there again.
BriE0036.jpg

We swap out our plant for a fresh one to fight their lizardman. This game has lots of nice little touches- when fighting in the water, monsters make little splashes as they move and their footsteps sound different.
BriE0037.jpg

We send our Roc hoping to stone the griffin but get no luck.
BriE0038.jpg

Well, there are other options for dealing with griffins.
BriE0039.jpg

:smug:
BriE0040.jpg

Not the most devastating attack ever, but Frost spells are cheap.
BriE0041.jpg

Well, we got the fucker onto dry land at least.
BriE0042.jpg

Though, thats not really what I wanted it to attack...
BriE0043.jpg

Ow.
BriE0044.jpg

Our critical isn't nearly as impressive.
BriE0045.jpg

They seem to want our scorpion dead.
BriE0046.jpg

In fact, they want it badly enough they attack their own hydra to finish it off. :x

Well, it's just a cheapass scorpion actually, I don't really give a fuck.
BriE0047.jpg

At this point I realize I have made a grave tactical error. That hydra is in perfect position to use it's breath weapon (yeah they get one too) on our front line. And their druid is in range to use power on it. Fuck.
BriE0048.jpg

I can't really do anything about it with Ulster though, so I settle for blasting the fuck out of this Wyvern.
BriE0049.jpg

We'll finish it off with this scorpion.
BriE0051.jpg

:yeah:
BriE0052.jpg

Though in retrospect, this is pretty stupid since this thing is probably going to die from hydra breath.
BriE0053.jpg

It hit level 6 though. Ugh, I lost like, half the screenshots this time to glitches like this. I'm going to have to figure out how to fix it, it's getting really annoying.
BriE0054.jpg

I try paralyzing the hydra out of desperation but no luck.
BriE0055.jpg

I can't silence the hydra from here so I throw protect on the scoprion instead.
BriE0056.jpg

Though even with that, it's probably still a goner.
BriE0057.jpg

Luckily, their bishop wastes his turn casting Halo and we're not close enough to the water for that Triton and his insanely high evasion to matter.
BriE0058.jpg

Well, thats better than Power I suppose.
BriE0059.jpg

Our front line was still in pretty good shape.
BriE0060.jpg

So this isn't that problematic.
BriE0061.jpg

Oh man :lol
BriE0062.jpg

Well I guess he's not a pussy after all, just not too bright.
BriE0063.jpg

Our turn lets us pick off the griffin.
BriE0064.jpg

Though what I really want is to get rid of that hydra and fuck up one of their knights.
BriE0065.jpg

Well, more high levelled Djinn wouldn't be such a terrible thing.
BriE0066.jpg

I try for some petrification...
BriE0067.jpg

No luck again.
BriE0068.jpg

Well, I ended up deciding to have our little girl retreat. With only 2 units to breath on, maybe the hydra won't bother. Plus she wasn't going to contribute much anyways at this point.
BriE0069.jpg

Argh. This is what I was expecting though.
BriE0070.jpg

The scorpion actually takes more damage here despite being red, since it's int is so bad.
BriE0071.jpg

Hmm, not looking so good for Gallo.
BriE0072.jpg

Well, at least the hydra isn't breathing. Probably because the dragon got in the way. Lucky the hydra didn't move before it.
BriE0073.jpg

It pointlessly chomps on one of our walking veggie burgers.
BriE0074.jpg

Wyrmlord Wyver1C gets schooled by a more :obviously: scaly. We don't get to kill it though, since we're lacking in ranged support and it's Ulster's turn to run away like a little girl.
BriE0075.jpg

:hmmm:
BriE0076.jpg

Well shit.
BriE0077.jpg

It's ok, we got this totally under control :troll:
BriE0078.jpg

:rage:
BriE0079.jpg

Well fuck.
BriE0080.jpg

:x

Next time...
BriE0081.jpg

Schutleis gets the rabbit quest again, oddly enough, and finds a different item. Though it's also a fairly crappy one, like the forest amulet was.
BriE0082.jpg

Due to an exhausting voyage, Daffy stopped in a bar in the town.

Drunk Man: Aren't you a Rune Knight?

Daffy reluctantly confirmed the question.

Drunk Man: Yeah! I was right! I thought so! I was saved by a Rune Knight long ago. I can't say enough good things about you guys! Of course I'll treat you! hey guys! The next round is on me!

Cries of joy echoed through the bar. Daffy enjoyed being take care of.
BriE0084.jpg

BriE0085.jpg

Victoria met a Dwarf in a forest.

The Dwarf spoke to Victoria as if they were old friends.

Dwarf: Hello, would you like to have this? It's free.

Then the dwarf reached out with a strange mushroom.

Dwarf: Hey, what's wrong? Don't you like mushrooms? It is unlikely that a Knight is afraid of a tiny mushroom, don't you think?

The dwarf was staring at Victoria with a smile. Then, Victoria ate the mushroom... The mushroom tasted strange, but the taste was not bad.

Dwarf: How's that? That was my best one. Well then, I'll see you later.

So the Dwarf disappeared into the forest.

Afterwards, Victoria felt energy rising from inside.
BriE0088.jpg

Great, only another 60 turns and she might be useful to us :roll:

Oh, and we missed this during the timeskip, but we can pretend it just happened now:

Castle Patio

Ulster.jpg
: We're in debt again this month.... Half of it is due to King Dryst spending too much money on pleasure... It's such a headache...

Iria.jpg
: Ou..ch...

Ulster.jpg
: What happened!? What's with all the blood!? Are you going to be OK? What's in that bag you're carrying?

Iria.jpg
: ...Where's King Dryst?

Ulster.jpg
: I think he's on the top floor... You need to get your wound treated first.

Iria.jpg
: No...

Ulster.jpg
: Wait!

Top Floor

Iria.jpg
: Your majesty, I have returned. I have this...

Dryst.jpg
: Huh..? ...Oh! Iria!

Ulster.jpg
: (He's drinking during the day again..?)

Bagdmagus.jpg
: Wow! Is that the head of a cannibal bird? That's the biggest one I've ever seen!

Dryst.jpg
: Just leave it somewhere around there. Ulster, tell Hula to change the feathers in my hat, OK?

Ulster.jpg
: Hat..? Your majesty... You didn't send Iria to the Valley of Death just for feathers, did you?

Dryst.jpg
: That's right.

Ulster.jpg
: Excuse me?

Dryst.jpg
: I sent her to get the feathers.

Ulster.jpg
: What!? Your majesty, Iria is a very important Knight for our country. And you sent her to such a dangerous place only for feathers?

Dryst.jpg
: Ulster, are you questioning me? Who gave you the authority?

Ulster.jpg
: Ah... but...

Dryst.jpg
: You're wrong about Iria. She is not a Knight for the country of Iscalio. She is my Knight. I can do whatever I want with her. Isn't this right, Iria?

Iria.jpg
: Yes sir...

Ulster.jpg
: That's insane... She got away with some injuries, but she could ahve been killed.

Dryst.jpg
: Are you blind?! The blood on Iria is not hers.

Ulster.jpg
: Huh? Really?!

Dryst.jpg
: Iscalio does not have weaklings that can be kileld by birds! If they die, so be it! [Here Dryst is sounding a bit like Vince Lombardi...]

Ulster.jpg
: (What?!)

Dryst.jpg
: Get out of here! Looking at the weird hat you're wearing is making me sick!

Bagdmagus.jpg
: Hua, hua, hua! Weird looking hat, huh? It really looks weird...

Ulster.jpg
: Excuse me.

Iria.jpg
: ...Excuse me...

Inside the Castle Corridor

Ulster.jpg
: But... I don't understand what's on his mind. Why does he always give you those dangerous orders? Doesn't that bother you, Iria?

Iria.jpg
: Orders from our lord are absolute.

Ulster.jpg
: Indeed... But what if you get killed?

Iria.jpg
: That's OK with me.

Ulster.jpg
: Officer Iria...
BriE0089.jpg

Archaeon is nearly level 10 after chomping on Gallo, the lucky prick. On the bright side, now it'd actually be sort of worthwhile to capture him (or kill him for xp.)
BriE0090.jpg

Our new bling.
BriE0091.jpg

We got this during the missing update. Very handy for when you need to upgrade a monster but don't have the runepower to spare yet.
BriE0092.jpg

Gallo is going to be out of commision this turn, but we need a knight to defend that castle.
BriE0093.jpg

We throw the armband on Schutleis and give him some monsters before sending him over. He inclined himself a bit on a quest that gave him +4 STR so he doesn't feel quite as trashy now. And we could use a knight that can cast heal.
BriE0094.jpg

Caerleon is in pretty dire straits. I'm guessing they don't have enough encome to replace their monsters since they've lost so much territory but Cai is still sitting on a full army.
BriE0095.jpg

They've split their knights into two squads of 2 to try and defend both locations. We could easily attack on or the other for a free win and they'd retreat right away.
BriE0096.jpg

But this seems like it'd be more fun. Iria should be able to handle one group alone since she's got 3 level 10 monsters with her. In retrospect I should have given the black monsters to the other group and had her go after Dinadan with that spear of hers. Oh well. Baggy and Hula should be able to handle things too.
BriE0097.jpg

We won't be able to hold both locations for long, since Almekia will be able to attack us from here. But hey, it's worth it just for the xp.
BriE0098.jpg

And I think it's time Dryst got off his ass and fought some more.
BriE0099.jpg

This'll be a pain in the ass and we might take some losses, but I'm sick of the stalemate between us, Esgares and Leonia around here. We need some stronger monsters and knights to break it.
BriE0100.jpg

So, this should be interesting.
BriE0101.jpg

We're pretty well suited to an open field battle and have 4 units that can heal. If we can avoid them all ganging up on something before we can heal it we should be ok.
BriE0102.jpg

Now keeping an extra save incase I forget the screenshots again. Won't be reloading for any other reason though.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
How many fights do you foresee you need to fight before you finish the game?

I'm thinking of maybe getting my filthy hands on this game myself, but I need to gauge if I have the necessary spare time...

Damned Registrations

Well, there are 31 territories left to crush. However, a lot of those can be captured without a real fight (or any fight at all if they're undefended). Especially late game, if you've babied your troops effectively and sniped out the stronger enemy monsters, your forces will be completely overwhelming to the point that enemies will simply retreat from you, even with their best armies. The flip side of this is that around the mid game you'll need to defend 5+ locations at once, which can be a pain in the ass if your armies aren't built up, because then you get shit like an enemy leader using his best troops against your third rate knight in the ass end of nowhere with level 1 troops of the wrong types. There is also, obviously, the issue of not just defensive battles but losing battles and having to recapture or reattempt to capture a territory.

If you turn off the battle animations the fights go a LOT quicker, and you could finish the game in under 10 hours probably, if you're playing well. However, if you're reading all the fluff too, that might stretch it out considerably. Though there is a rather effective skip function for speeding up both text you don't want to read and enemy troop movements. Playing as Cai or lance is definitely a lot quicker too, since you have someone covering your ass and can wipe out a lot of countries while still only defending a few points.

Damned Registrations

Arghghethrh. I can't get the screenshots to work properly. It seems like sometimes they're taking screenshots will the game is switching frames or something. There's often a vertical line below which the screenshot is missing all the animated shit. It only seems to happen with this game though.

spekkio

Arcane
Switch to some different emu?

Providing that some of them works properly...

:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom