Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Update time!

BriB0001.jpg

So, here's our troops. We've got 6 tanky frontline monsters, 3 melee knights, and practically no magic to make use of.
BriB0002.jpg

And we're trying to kill this cunt, with massive offense, defense, agility, and considerable MP to go with his large pool of HP.
BriB0003.jpg

And they have some advanced monsters, like this fucker that can shoot from 3 hexes away.
BriB0004.jpg

And score crits for nearly 100 damage.
BriB0005.jpg

I opt for leaving Baggy in reserve for now so I can send him where he's needed instead of having him get bogged down on the front line.
BriB0006.jpg

We have knights like this. Compared to Dinadan Daffy is pretty much a total pussy.
BriB0007.jpg

We have a pixie cast Protect on him to keep him alive.
BriB0008.jpg

I send one of the golems out to attack the centaur. Not to deal damage (he missed, predictably) but to serve as bait for the enemy's spells.
BriB0009.jpg

Turn 3 is where shit gets real.
BriB0010.jpg

Holy word is the most expensive holy spell in the game, and probably the most useful spell in the game period.
BriB0011.jpg

At least it's being cast by a Paladin, rather than a proper spellcaster.
BriB0012.jpg

But yeah, this is one of the reasons why I was worried about this fight.
BriB0013.jpg

Holy Word is the real shit, in a different class from stuff like curse or divine ray.
BriB0014.jpg

Luckily he cast it from way back there and only has enough MP to cast it the one time.
BriB0015.jpg

But yeah, he just nailed all our front line units.
BriB0016.jpg

From the hellhound at the bottom there,
BriB0017.jpg

All the way up to Daffy. And it only hits enemies, no friendly fire.
BriB0018.jpg

The enemy follows up the spell by moving in their heavy troops.
BriB0019.jpg

Luckily Gallo is an agile fucker, since his original class was ranger, not barbarian.
BriB0020.jpg

Counter attack ftw.
BriB0021.jpg

Though it's going to take more than that to turn the tide.
BriB0022.jpg

Stupid moves like attacking with a unicorn will help.
BriB0023.jpg

Oooh, especially if we pull off shit like a paralysis.
BriB0024.jpg

Cai enters the fray.
BriB0025.jpg

Golems do not handle magic very well.
BriB0026.jpg

Yeah, that did not end well. "salute: Goodbye golem, you were our first heroic sacrifice.
BriB0027.jpg

Archaeon gets in a fight with an enemy ghoul. He's already been fucked up by that holy word spell too.
BriB0028.jpg

Smashing Axe deploys Acid Breath.
BriB0029.jpg

Much shorter range than LAZOR BEAMS.
BriB0030.jpg

And less damage too, especially without a Power spell to back it up. But it certainly helps.
BriB0031.jpg

Our other dragon pulls off a similar attack.
BriB0032.jpg

Their dragon is in a shitty position for it's own breath weapon.
BriB0033.jpg

I swear the game takes into account how stupid this animation looks-
BriB0034.jpg

By giving ghouls a huge miss rate vs large flying enemies.
BriB0035.jpg

Daffy's protect spell is serving him well.
BriB0036.jpg

We throw protect onto Gallo next.
BriB0037.jpg

Lizardman gets in a fight with an enemy golem. (If you're having trouble keeping track of which untis are whose, the naming convention is Monsterclass-Number-Country, with the first and last parts being abbreviated.
BriB0038.jpg

Lizard counterattacks with ninja-turtle-lizard skills.
BriB0039.jpg

Comte gets fucked up by the enemy angel.
BriB0040.jpg

He hits with his counter attack, but is still on the losing end, even though angels are basically caster units with a lower max hp.
BriB0041.jpg

KerPOW.
BriB0042.jpg

Nice hit. But we'll probably lose this golem too.
BriB0043.jpg

The giant took an arrow to the knee from our centaur, so we're sending Gallo in to finish it off.
BriB0044.jpg

:decline:
BriB0045.jpg

And I send our Wyvern in to fuck with their Centaur, even though it's fairly injured already. No guts, no glory.
BriB0046.jpg

:hmmm:
BriB0047.jpg

Oh shit.
BriB0048.jpg

Did I mention Hydras are fucking STRONG?
BriB0049.jpg

Because they are. Very.
BriB0050.jpg

Yeah, 150 damage vs 81. And it's not even in the water.
BriB0051.jpg

Dinadan challenges Smashing Axe to a duel.
BriB0052.jpg

Dinadan wins because he may as well be fucking Chuck Norris under that armor.
BriB0053.jpg

There goes our hellhound.
BriB0054.jpg

They manage to heal their nearly dead giant too, though at least this keeps them from curing the paralyzed unicorn.
BriB0055.jpg

This is not a favourable battle for us.
BriB0056.jpg

Nor is this...
BriB0057.jpg

Unless that happens :yeah:
BriB0058.jpg

:incline: of birds.
BriB0059.jpg

Yeah, that shit isn't going to wear off any time soon.
BriB0060.jpg

Unfortunately, I still can't put Baggy in a useful spot. I'm really regretting not having put him up front at this point.
BriB0061.jpg

More acid breath helps fuck up that angel.
BriB0062.jpg

I don't really want it getting a chance to cast Divine Ray on anything.
BriB0063.jpg

Some modest :incline:
BriB0064.jpg

Petrified units benefit from a large defense boost, to balance the fact that it won't wear off naturally.
BriB0065.jpg

Our other dragon breathes again as well, and kills off a ghoul.
BriB0067.jpg

That giant is starting to look flimsy too.
BriB0068.jpg

Baggy goes in after the magical friendship pony.
BriB0069.jpg

Unfortunately, Beauarte cured it's paralysis last turn.
BriB0070.jpg

:rage:

Though it doesn't actually matter, since the hex behind him was occupied, so he goes nowhere.
BriB0071.jpg

I try to finish this fucker off but have no such luck.
BriB0072.jpg

He's got enough MP to nuke us TWICE and still heal afterwards. Though the battle likely won't last that long.
BriB0073.jpg

Note that Daffy and BeauArte are the same level, so we only got to mvoe before that angel did by sheer luck.
BriB0074.jpg

Take aim-
BriB0075.jpg

FIRE LAZORS.
BriB0076.jpg

They're really hard to get a shot of. But, mission is a success.
BriB0077.jpg

The pixie is all out of MP.
BriB0078.jpg

Epic pixie attack go! Shatter him!
BriB0079.jpg

Or not.
BriB0080.jpg

At least it'll keep Dinadan too far away to murder Daffy.
BriB0081.jpg

Annoying bastard.
BriB0082.jpg

Centaur is fully recovered.
BriB0083.jpg

BriB0084.jpg

Actually, Mermen are totally fucking pussies, even these upgraded ones. Mermen take the least amount of xp to gain levels of all monsters, even less than Pixies and Djinn.
BriB0085.jpg

But they do happen to be freaking acrobats somehow.
BriB0086.jpg

And they're agile enough to hit Pixies.
BriB0087.jpg

Ow.
BriB0088.jpg

Hah! Bet you regret your actions now!
BriB0089.jpg

This pixie will become a god in no time.
BriB0090.jpg

BeauArte sends in his minions.
BriB0091.jpg

Though he picks the wrong units to fuck with.
BriB0092.jpg

Our guys get pretty fucking lucky with counters.
BriB0093.jpg

And finally it's Gallo's turn. Though he probably should have just retreated.
BriB0094.jpg

Nice chunk of xp there are least.
BriB0095.jpg

This guy needs to retreat.
BriB0096.jpg

Cai has enough MP to fuck with us all day long.
BriB0097.jpg

we manage to pick off this unicorn with our centaur.
BriB0098.jpg

:incline:
BriB0099.jpg

Things are starting to look grim. Our southern line is collapsing quickly.
BriB0100.jpg

Baggy regenerates a bit. Pity he wasn't sent out sooner.
BriB0101.jpg

Well shit.
BriB0102.jpg

:cry:
BriB0103.jpg

Golem at least fires back with a critical. But it's not nearly enough.
BriB0104.jpg

Dinadan proves his chivalry by attacking a helpless pixie.
BriB0105.jpg

The pixie goes off to claim it's 72 virgins.
BriB0106.jpg

Gallo keeps fighting the good fight, but he's dangerously low on hp now.
BriB0107.jpg

Uh oh.
BriB0108.jpg

Danger! DANGER!
BriB0109.jpg

Yeah this ain't good.
BriB0110.jpg

Our dragon will be fine...
BriB0111.jpg

Gallo, not so much.
BriB0112.jpg

And the golem outright dies.
BriB0113.jpg

Gallo follows soon after.
BriB0114.jpg

:x
BriB0115.jpg

This unit gets move to the castle's storage after the battle. Until then, it's on our side, but won't take any action and suffers from not being in it's master's rune area.
BriB0116.jpg

Daffy gets fucked up by more arrows and shit.
BriB0117.jpg

Baggy does too, but he's a tough SOB.
BriB0118.jpg

Time to retreat I think.
BriB0119.jpg

We deliver some parting shots first, for the free xp.
BriB0120.jpg

I can't recall which is which between Asten and Letishnote, but I know Salisbury is the esgares castle we just took.
BriB0121.jpg

We'll go to Asten for now.
BriB0122.jpg

Shit, BeauArte got the first turn this time instead of Daffy.
BriB0123.jpg

He cures the Wyvern.
BriB0124.jpg

And sends in the fishman.
BriB0125.jpg

ARGH.
BriB0126.jpg

Epic raging counter attack!
BriB0127.jpg

Too little too late though.
BriB0128.jpg

If only Baggy and him had traded places.
BriB0129.jpg

Well that sucks, I was hoping to get at least 2 of us safely retreated.
BriB0130.jpg

Archaeon is captured by the enemy!
BriB0131.jpg

:decline:
BriB0132.jpg

BriB0133.jpg

Quest time! Knights take 1-3 turns after being sent on a quest before finding some sort of event and coming back. They can find items and other useful things, so it's a good way to use otherwise crappy characters.
BriB0134.jpg

Giving in to curiosity, Victoria entered the monument. Regardless, Victoria went inside and found a beautiful garden with a tomb located at the center. Victoria came close to the tomb, but could not read the name written on it. There lay the [Wind Knuckle] It must have belonged to the one in the tomb. Victoria gently reached out and picked up the [Wind Knuckle].

Immediately, Victoria felt a slight chill. Victoria attempted to return to the castle, but could not find tan exit. Victoria was lost. Every path led to the same place. Also, the [Wind Knuckle] became heavier and heavier.

victoria.jpg
: Was it because I took this from the tomb?
Victoria decided to leave the Wind Knuckle. Victoria returned to the garden and placed the [Wind Knuckle] by the tomb, then apologized to the soul. As Victoria started looking for the way out again, the exit was easily found. However, Victoria suffered from Malaria after returning to town, Victoria was ordered to rest for a month...

Useless cunt.
BriB0135.jpg

Perhaps she will do better.

Lucia is visiting a house in a small village in the mountains.
There is a little boy lying on the bed...

Boy: Lucy! You’ve come to see me, Lucy?

Lucia2.jpg
Yes, how are you?

Boy: Are you going to tell me more stories today? How about a story of a Knight?

Lucia2.jpg
OK... Let’s see... Oh, I know. I’ll tell you about his majesty. [Yeah, now there’s story to tell a little kid...]
Lucia tells him about the great achievements of Dryst.

Boy: I wish I could walk so that I would be able to fight like his majesty.

Lucia2.jpg

Boy: What’s the matter? How come you stopped talking? Your face looks sad too...

Lucia2.jpg
Oh... It’s nothing. I’m sorry.

Boy: OK... If you say so.

Lucia goes out of the room after telling the boy the story. The boy’s father is waiting for her outside.

Father: Thank you very much for your visit.
I don’t know how to express my appreciation.

Lucia2.jpg
Oh, don’t worry about it. I come here because I want to. Oh, here is the money for his medical bills this month.
f: We are not related at all, but you have done so much for us. When my boy was injured and became unable to walk, we didn’t know what to do. We have hope for him now, thanks to everything you’ve done for him. We just hope the one who shot him with the bow will be found soon.

Lucia2.jpg
Yes, indeed...

Lucia stays in the village for the next several days before heading home.

BriB0136.jpg

BriB0137.jpg

I won't bother taking pics of their return message in the future, it's pretty much always the same.
BriB0138.jpg

Nice.

Audience Room
Schut.jpg
:
My name is Schutleis. I used to be a Knight of the Almekia Kingdom. As you know, Almekia fell by the hands of Zemekis. I was badly injured and I barely escaped with my life. However, I needed to rest until I completely healed. Your majesty, my best friend, Soleil, who is like a brother to me, has joined the Empire. I don't understand why, since he's always been loyal to Almekia. There has to be a reason for this. I heard that your soldiers are the strongest on the continent. I would like to join your troops and fight against the Empire. This way, I can save Soleil as well. Please allow me to join you.
Schutleis has joined.

BriB0139.jpg

Camden's level gain has let him master his current class.
BriB0140.jpg

He becomes a rank one molester.
BriB0141.jpg

Now he can heal and cure status as well as all the other shit.
BriB0142.jpg

Schutleis isn't that impressive. Level 12 and only 171 runepower.
BriB0143.jpg

We triggered his joining us by being the first to grab a castle from Esgares. Now that we have him, we might be able to recruit Soleil later on.
BriB0144.jpg

Wounded guys show up at our capital.
BriB0145.jpg

Not that they have much of their monsters left with them.
BriB0146.jpg

I summon up some scorpions at Salisbury to cap off our rune power limits.
BriB0147.jpg

Azira can hit pretty damned hard now. Few more kills and he'll be able to upgrade.
BriB0148.jpg

We'll have to abandon Salisbury for now since Caerleon is invading. We send our old team to Letishnote to defend from a possible attack.
BriB0149.jpg

And set up these guys from Asten to take back Xanas.
BriB0150.jpg

Luckily Cai fucked off with 2 of their level 10 monsters, leaving them somewhat undermanned here.
BriB0151.jpg

Let the counterattack begin!
BriB0152.jpg

:mob:
BriB0153.jpg

BriB0155.jpg

Dinadan has a proper challenger this time. Hopefully we can somehow feed Hula some xp too, but she has no offensive spells. Maybe I should have made her an offensive caster until she mastered one.
BriB0156.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
BriB0130.jpg

Archaeon is captured by the enemy!

Captured? Meaning he can be freed later? Why would you do that for a level 1 Ghoul? :roll: Or is it just a flavour message, and said unit is lost forever?

Also, kudos on the fighting retreat there. Did you think you might've stood a chance, or was it a lost cause right from the get-go?

Archaeon

Scholar
Le fuck!?!? Captured by the enemy? That means I'm now part of the enemy team? :decline:
That's absolutely SHIT. Not fair. Make me an Archaeonmk2 now! :(:oops:

Damned Registrations

Take note, thats Dinadan's squad Archaeon is sitting in now:
BriB0150.jpg

And yeah, the chances of us retrieving him are pretty damned slim. Putting aside our lack of skills necessary for such an attempt (you generally want to inflict some sort of status on the target to capture, preferably Charm, before killing the knight, and also having the monster outside the rune area helps) Dinadan himself is pretty fucking hard to kill, Archaeon is easy to kill, and the enemy is going to treat him like the cannonfodder he is.

Regarding the retreat: actual victory was an extreme longshot, though stranger things have happened. Sometimes the AI is just extremely retarded or you get a ton of lucky dodges/criticals. My intention was basically to inflict some casualties and hopefully gain some levels on some of our monsters so we can entire the next fight with some guys above level 1. We didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped, since we lost some fairly expensive units. Fighting retreats work better when you have angels and demons to spellbomb the fuck out of enemies, or when your entire squad is similarly levelled so you all move at once and can safely retreat, instead of leaving 1 guy behind to face the enemies for a round or two of attacks. But we didn't have much to lose.

Archaeon

Scholar
You said you'd played this before and would challenge yourself during the game. Well, challenge yourself to get my ghoul back :D. If he dies, or you don't get him back, just make me another one. Or if you don't feel up to the task at hand :smug: simply make me another one.

Damned Registrations

Or I could just leave him in the enemy army and let him get killed offscreen in a battle between enemy countries. :troll:

spekkio

Arcane
BriB0031.jpg

This game looks a little bit too strategic for my low-level tactical capability.

:oops:

Carry on, I'm gonna read the LP instead of playing this.

Also: what Johannes wrote.

:obviously:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Mastering your class unlocks a set path for you? Ie, the Druid can only choose Priest next? And to keep all your previous skills.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm planning on putting in both Konjad and Andyman in as monsters. Which should be the centaur and which should be the unicorn?
Seriously? Also fuck you, 2011. There's no trick question. LOOK at my AVATAR! Holy motherfucking fish sticks in ass gravy! What is this, fucking King's Quest? Type "look avatar" goddammit. "Can't see that." FUCK YOU, ROBERTA WILLIAMS!

I'm happy to be part of a circle-jerk LP with Konjob.

Seriously? Also fuck you, 2011. There's no trick question. LOOK at my AVATAR! Holy motherfucking fish sticks in ass gravy! What is this, fucking King's Quest? Type "look avatar" goddammit. "Can't see that." FUCK YOU, ROBERTA WILLIAMS!

I'm sorry horsie, that was intended to be a joke :oops:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

I'm sorry horsie, that was intended to be a joke :oops:
YOUR INSENSITIVE BULLSHIT GREATLY OFFENDED ME.

Apology accepted! Just don't let it happen again!

:bro:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Archeon is a traitor to Kodexia. You know what we do to traitors right :smug:

Not only does he let himself get captured, he also gets uppity about it and demands that something is done:

Le fuck!?!? Captured by the enemy? That means I'm now part of the enemy team? :decline:
That's absolutely SHIT. Not fair. Make me an Archaeonmk2 now! :(:oops:

He unsolicitedly demands for a reincarnation and rails about the game not being fair. Does that sound like something we applaud here in fair Kodexia? :rpgcodex:

You said you'd played this before and would challenge yourself during the game. Well, challenge yourself to get my ghoul back :D. If he dies, or you don't get him back, just make me another one. Or if you don't feel up to the task at hand :smug: simply make me another one.

Again, making demands on the LPer. Heh, if this were my LP I'd make sure he got a gruesome death indeed, and never make a "mk2" as he demands. Then again, I'm an angry old codger, so there..:troll:

In other news, great update Damned Registrations! :love: Looking forward to the next one.:thumbsup:

Archaeon

Scholar
Huh!?!? You just don't give a shit do you...? :( DR made you some big ass GIANT that already lvl 15 or smth, and you're shitting about, knowing there's only :incline: in store for... You just don't realize the shit and horrors a lowly ghoul like me is forced to go through... I'm fucking CAPTURED and you ppl vote I be killed... If that's not inane I don't know what is ! And you's said you don't approve of inanity in this game...:rpgcodex:
What can a ghoul like me do when I'm a fucking prisoner of war and bound to be thrown out of the LP...while:
Next battle fought. A couple of codexers experienced some major :incline:

Yeah, don't have a heart KKKodex! That's just A-OK! :decline:

lightbane

Arcane
You know, ghouls are supposed to be mindless zombies, it's not like you should care about your fate :M

So I think we all know why redhead sorceress was made a knight, after witnessing the epic fail in her quest...

Well played crazy clown Hitler. Well played.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This got to be my favourite bump picture:[EDIT] Fail! They removed the pic..

2011_0722_panda.jpg

[EDIT] Found the pic elsewhere and have now saved it to my own imgur account :smug:

tHchh.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom