Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's Play BattleTech/MegaMek: Tales of Knights of The Codex Mercenary Company

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
... except Nevill, your Bowman 2 is listed as 70 tons, and not 65, so your Star 2 forces is 5 tons too heavy.
Aww. Is it too late to swap it for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime?

but experience with megamek is required, and the more the better
Ouch. No experience whatsoever, just played a few Mechwarrior/Mechcommander games back in the day. :(

So... is there a guide for noobs or something?

Alll of you must create the Trinary of your forces, 15 mechs each.
I guess I have a question. How do you create a Trinary? :stupid:

Am I too out of depth here? :oops:

Last edited:

MekMaster

Literate
... except Nevill, your Bowman 2 is listed as 70 tons, and not 65, so your Star 2 forces is 5 tons too heavy.
Aww. Is it too late to swap it for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime?

Yes Loki (Hellbringer) Prime is just fine by me.

but experience with megamek is required, and the more the better
Ouch. No experience whatsoever, just played a few Mechwarrior/Mechcommander games back in the day. :(

So... is there a guide for noobs or something?

There are numerous guides for megamek. Try this one for starters:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=36875.0

Alll of you must create the Trinary of your forces, 15 mechs each.

I guess I have a question. How do you create a Trinary?

Am I too out of depth here? :oops:

Comments inserted above.

No, a trinary (meaning 3) is a group of 3 stars of clan mechs, each star being made up of 5 mechs.

This again summarizes it:

Star 1: 2 Lights, 3 Mediums (up to 200 tons).

Star 2: 1 Medium, 3 Heavy, 1 Assault (up to 355 tons).

Star 3: 2 Heavies, 3 Assaults (up to 420 tons).

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Star 1: 2 Lights, 3 Mediums (up to 200 tons)

Puma (Adder) H 35 Tons

Uller (Kit Fox) S 30 Tons

Dragonfly (Viper) C 40 Tons

Griffin IIC 6 40 Tons

Hunchback IIC 4 50 Tons

195 Tons

Star 2: 1 Medium, 3 Heavy, 1 Assault (up to 355 tons)

Goshawk (Vapor Eagle) 3 55 ton

Crossbow Prime 65 ton

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) D 75 ton

Woodsman A 75 ton

Marauder IIC (Standard) 85 ton

355 tons

Star 3: 2 Heavies, 3 Assaults (up to 420 tons)

Thor (Summoner) E 70 tons

Orion IIC (Standard) 75 tons

Thunder Stallion (Standard) 85 tons

Daishi (Dire Wolf) S 100 tons

Masakari (Warhawk) B 85 tons

415 tons

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I played the steiner/clan encounter vs AI and won with all mechs intact in 7 turns so I am not a complete moron apparently. If we are expected to play at certain times for long periods I am not sure if I should participate as I have babies that murderize my game time.

MekMaster

Literate
Question: So, when are were playing?

We will play once all players have submitted their trinary of mechs, then I post the Operation Bulldog forces, then we bid down to fight against these forces.

If there are 5 players, then all players bid their clan units, lowest 4 biding player will play as the CSJ units, and the player that does not win the bid then plays as the Operation Bulldog forces.

We will play a battle approximately once a month. Game sessions will vary in time length, we will adjust battles as best we can to fit schedules, but I expect to play battles midweek most likely, and if necessary, use a sunday afternoon or such to finish any partially complete battles.

Please submit your forces asap so we can get started sooner.

-Mek

MekMaster

Literate
Country Gravy,

I sent you a response to your mech choices by email.

Please have a look and respond when you have the chance.

If you guys prefer you can email me all your mech choices and once we have all players trinaries submitted, I will post everyones units on the forum so you can see what mechs every has in Clan Smoke Jaguar.

-Mek

Star 1: 2 Lights, 3 Mediums (up to 200 tons)

Puma (Adder) H 35 Tons

Uller (Kit Fox) S 30 Tons

Dragonfly (Viper) C 40 Tons

Griffin IIC 6 40 Tons

Hunchback IIC 4 50 Tons

195 Tons

Star 2: 1 Medium, 3 Heavy, 1 Assault (up to 355 tons)

Goshawk (Vapor Eagle) 3 55 ton

Crossbow Prime 65 ton

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) D 75 ton

Woodsman A 75 ton

Marauder IIC (Standard) 85 ton

355 tons

Star 3: 2 Heavies, 3 Assaults (up to 420 tons)

Thor (Summoner) E 70 tons

Orion IIC (Standard) 75 tons

Thunder Stallion (Standard) 85 tons

Daishi (Dire Wolf) S 100 tons

Masakari (Warhawk) B 85 tons

415 tons

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Yeah I am going to have to sit this out also. I don't have the time unfortunately.

MekMaster

Literate
NP, Join if you feel like.

But I dont require any large commitment, as I was planning on having no more than one battle per month. This way we have more time to post the action reports and screen shots.

As for the listing of mechs that you can choose from, I just noticed that it was cut off, so I repost the link to the list of mechs you may choose from here:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=20&MaxTons=100&MinBV

=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=2200&MaxIntro=3050&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasRole=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV

=&MaxPV=&Technologies=2&Rules=55&Rules=4&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=

You will have to splice the pieces of the link together, as this forum cuts off the full link.

-Mek

Last edited:

archaen

Cipher
Patron
It's the concurrent turns and schedule. I work 10 hour swing shifts during the middle of the week and have my children on Sunday by myself. I will watch though.

MekMaster

Literate
Good news for all you new players...

I was able to locate (with the help of a friend) the new users manual for megamek:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/megamek/files/Tutorials/MegaMek_Handbook_v1.pdf/download

Have at it guys. While I am not recommending brand new players to join in a campaign as of yet, but I do recommend that all you guys that are interested in learning how to play Megamek to give it a try.

It is a blast of fun for all those interested.

-Mek

MekMaster

Literate
MekMaster how strict are you going to be about sticking to 3050 tech and SJ mechs? No mechs or omnimech configurations from after 3050 and only stuff from the Smoke Jaguar MUL?

Jagreen,

I am being strict to stick to 3050 tech mechs just to limit the number of choices to the date we are going to simulate Operation Bulldog. Let me know if the link to the mech choices you have available to you comes up or not. As for SJ specific mechs, I am not going to hold you to SJ specific, just as long as the mech varient is available during 3050, I will assume you can capture all varients on the list from the prior CSJ raids you made. Correct, no omnimech configs made after 3050 are available. The link to the list of choices limits the mechs available not from any mul list in Megamek itself. You will choose mechs from the list and enter the mech and pilot in megamek and save the mul file and send it to me for approval. Hope this helps.

-Mek

MekMaster

Literate
So Far I have units from these players:

Green Spectre
Griffin Shadowmoon
Tdark
Country Gravy.

If you are going to join Jagreen please send your forces.

If not then I will proceed without you.

-Mek

MekMaster

Literate
Mekslayer@yahoo.com

MekMaster said:
So Far I have units from these players:

Green Spectre
Griffin Shadowmoon
Tdark
Country Gravy.

If you are going to join Jagreen please send your forces.

If not then I will proceed without you.

-Mek
I just put that trinary together. Where do you want me to send it?

MekMaster

Literate
So I have responded to your list by email Jagreen and am awaiting an update of your forces....

MekMaster

Literate
Yes please do it in megamek and then send the updated mul file.

I await just one more player to finish his trinary and we should be getting started soon. Can all of you please start to post days that you are available to play?

thanks all,

-Mek

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom