Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's Play BattleTech/MegaMek: Tales of Knights of The Codex Mercenary Company

GreyViper

Prophet
Lots of :incline: nice to see more PPCs on field, more dakka is good.:salute:

Luka-boy

Arcane
:rage:
I was hoping Male_885 would be available in the future to change my character's portrait to that one if he ever reached Elite experience level, since it always looked perfect for a grizzled beardy mechanic.

We land on Radstadt on 25th of March. It's fairly cold out here and it snows all the time. Two days later second lance runs into enemy patrol while scouting one of our objectives.

3UHktbK.png

Just some medium tanks. Locust you see in the bottom right corner is from Draconis Combine.

PA4AW2d.png

Jenner closes in and gets flanked by hover tank. No shots hit their target this round. You can see "Jagreen Lern" joined the fight in his Hunchback.

fydLfW0.png

Shadow Hawk and Hunchback stay on the hill to use their long range missiles. Locust hangs in the back with them (I tweaked AI options a bit and made it less suicidal, seems to be working great so far).

Scimitar is pounded hard with missiles and medium lasers. Return fire doesn't even scratch the paint on Jenner.

kHTaj6y.png

Jenner hits hover tank with medium lasers, Shadow Hawk with PPC and LRM 15 with the latter landing killing blow.

Hunchback lands missiles on Vedette.

qe0hkwD.png

"Serrated Biz" melts front of Vedette with 5 laser hits. This is too easy.

xJoLUpC.png

Reinforcements arrive. 2 light mechs and 2 more unidentified vehicles our radars picked up.

hjF0QGS.png

Wheeled scout which is immobilised with critical hit from PPC as soon as it shows up.

CQyMAYk.png

And another hovertank.

YNKuwQb.png

"Serrated Biz" backs up. Lots of misses this round. Only Hunchback lands some hits on one of the tanks.

kk73kn8.png

Not much happening in the back.

50zLSgH.png

Not much happening in the front either. "Servant" hits hover tank with PPC and LRM's causing critical hit on movement system.

s70DYa2.png

Snow is piling up. "Servant" lands more missiles on Edgar. Firestarter engages "Serrated Biz" at close range. His weapons fire isn't very effective. He goes in for a kick and hits but gets kicked in return and lands in the fresh snow.

93CRXFs.png

Meanwhile Jenner shows in the open. "Serrated Biz" and "Jagreen Lern" open fire and land some good hits with lasers and missiles. Sheer volume of firepower knocks 35 ton mech on its ass.

p1j3YPW.png

Having learned their lesson enemy light mechs get up and withdraw.

"Serrated Biz" flanks hover tank and lands 4 hits.

"Servant" lands all 15 missiles on Firestarter. They score critical hit on heatsink in right leg.

CYZXoVf.png

Shadow Hawk finishes off Edgar with PPC and missiles.

o3jdKbd.png

"Serrated Biz" tries to flank their formation hiding in forest but gets intercepted by light mechs.

He hits enemy Jenner with 4 lasers and destroys its weakened left leg with a kick.

8Y5Cx4U.png

"Serrated Biz" backs out but Firestarter follows. Another exchange of kicks happen. Our pilot again manages to stay up. Firestarter looses its right leg in trade. Enemy pilot blacks out from the impact.

ZyGz5pi.png

Pilot ejects out of prone Jenner.

1Bm3ykC.png

Knock out was only temporary and next turn Firestarter pilot is already concious. Still it was immobile just long enough to get nailed by all lasers on the Hunchback.

QL2IK2a.png

Simply waking up doesn't do him any good though as his mech is missing leg. He fails to get up and just gets pounded more. Even Locust joins in on the fun.

"Jagreen Lern" moves closer to use his lasers, won't hurt to conserve some ammo.

IUlS5vu.png

Pilot ejects. Only tanks left to clean up.

4fA8R6J.png

Jenner again goes for a flank. Shadow Hawk hits Vedette on small hill with missiles and scores critical hit on movement system. Tank is abandoned by its crew.

CuxGGgD.png

Just some laser hits on Hunter.

A6YXhTd.png

Vedette in the open gets hit by PPC. Fascinating stuff I'm sure.

OGJSmHp.png

Hunter gets kicked in the front, only 3 points of internal structure left. Its almost dead.

Snow keeps piling up.

0tbUn08.png

One Vedette goes down.

M2aALca.png

"Servant" destroys remaining Vedette with PPC. Jenner goes back to Hunter stuck in piles of snow and convinces its crew to surrender.

That's it folks. Nothing left to kill.

There isn't much to repair so mechanics get it all done on the same day with time to spare.

Salvage:

cpQv6y2.png

pXmynJ7.png

uIR3Jgg.png

NOWuzLx.png

JWbbY6a.png

MGBibg1.png

We're not keeping any of those. Spare parts for Jenner ought to come in handy at some point in time.

So yeah, that was another easy fight and rather lacklustre update on top of that. Since it's such a boring fight I just wanted to get it out of the way. I'll try to put more effort into more promising missions. Unfortunately next one is easy too (at least its short, another one of those special event missions). String of next 3 battles after that should be more interesting though, at least I hope so since I haven't played them yet. We'll see how it goes.

So the firestarter wasn't salvage, even though the pilot ejected?
This was a week ago so I don't remember exactly, I mean I had some reason not to take it. Maybe the issue was with % of salvage we can take. Both mechs had intact engines so probably picking both of them went over our share (which we can do if we really want to but Firestarter isn't exactly something we particularly want to have, better save that salvage share for some juicy heavies or at least mediums).

MekMaster

Literate
Hey this looks like fun. Is there room to join?

When do you play? ... and how do I meet up with you guys for games?

Is the Cataphract still available?

-Mek

MekMaster

Literate
Uh... what exactly happened to it?

Not sure what happened to it, but I am willing to start a campaign in its place if people are interested.

I would run a CSJ campaign where the CSJ are defending against an Operation Bulldog advance along the CSJ corridor in the year 3059, but limited to 3050 tech mechs.

Let me know if you are interested... or simply send me your mech and pilot choices from the following info:

Prologue:

Task Force Serpent of the new Star League began the invasion of the Smoke Jaguar corridor toward the homeworld of Huntress in the Kerensky Cluster in 3059. During this time, Trials of Refusal are made by the CSJ forces against the Invading Op Bulldog forces.

Todays CSJ Campaign begins here. With each player allowed the command of one trinary of mechs. For now, mechs only will be used. There is no mechHQ being used currently, just to keep it simple. Perhaps at a later time, one might be added if the campaign gets too unweildy.

Some Battles will be based on tonnage and some will be based on BV, so players should not focus on the best mechs for the BV nor focus on getting the Best mechs for the tonnage either.

Link to the mech choices that players are allowed to choose from to start the campaign:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit...ies=2&Rules=55&Rules=4&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=

Players are only allowed to to have one of each Specific Omnimech varient type, so having so you can have 1 Timberwolf A and 1 Timberwolf B, but not two Timberwolf A's.

Tonnages and mech type of each star that the players must choose from to start the campaign:

Star 1: 2 Lights, 3 Mediums (up to 200 tons).

Star 2: 1 Medium, 3 Heavy, 1 Assault (up to 355 tons).

Star 3: 2 Heavies, 3 Assaults (up to 420 tons).

Initial Pilot Skills

Pilots of the campaign will be at these starting skill levels:

Light pilot gunnery="3" piloting="3"

Light pilot gunnery="2" piloting="3"

Medium pilot gunnery="2" piloting="3"

Medium pilot gunnery="3" piloting="3"

Medium pilot gunnery="3" piloting="4"

Medium pilot gunnery="3" piloting="4"

Heavy pilot gunnery="2" piloting="4"

Heavy pilot gunnery="3" piloting="3"

Heavy pilot gunnery="3" piloting="4"

Heavy pilot gunnery="2" piloting="3"

Assault pilot gunnery="3" piloting="3"

Assault pilot gunnery="2" piloting="2"

Assault pilot gunnery="2" piloting="3"

Assault pilot gunnery="2" piloting="3"

Pilots will all be given names Unique to your trinary and only be allowed to have First names and not blood names to start the campaign. Pilot improvements will come later.

Each player will have pilots which are identical in skill to all other players pilots.

Pilots of the same weight class of mech can be moved between any of a players mechs of the same weight class. So Light mech pilots can be assigned to any Light mech, Medium mech pilots can be moved to any medium mech, etc...

As if right now, I prefer not having pilots locked to a specific mech for variability of bidding, and prefer not having mech pilots allowed to change the weight class of the mech that they pilot.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Let me know if you are interested... or simply send me your mech and pilot choices from the following info:
Oh wow. The post only appeared now.

I have a huge boner for Mad Cats, the signature mechs of the series.

I am not sure, should we choose all mechs and pilots (to determine the favorites), or will we only choose one each, and then you will assemble the team?

What is the difference between these guys? How can you see their loadout?
Is the difference written on the Alpha Strike Card?

I don't know much about special abilities, but Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime appeals to me most. Guess that means Stars 2 and 3 - only those have heavy mechs available.

Pilot Nevill reporting for duty. :salute:

Let me know if I am supposed to pick the rest of the team.

Will this require any action on our parts, or volunteers is all you need?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Star 2: 1 Medium, 3 Heavy, 1 Assault (up to 355 tons)

Goshawk (Vapor Eagle) 3 55 ton
Crossbow Prime 65 ton
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) D 75 ton
Woodsman A 75 ton

Marauder IIC (Standard) 85 ton

355 tons

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu) Prime 30 Tons Striker. Pilot 2
Jenner IIC 2 35 Tons Striker. Pilot 1
Shadow Cat B 45 Tons Missile Boat. Pilot 3
Huntsman Prime 50 Tons Skirmisher Pilot 5
Dragonfly (Viper) Prime 40 Tons Scout. Pilot 4

Never played the board game but I tried to mix ECM suites, active probes, jump jets, firepower, and fast speed to make this a recon/scout star. If anything is off let me know.

Last edited:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Star 3

Cauldron Born (Ebon Jaguar) B
65 Tons
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime 75 Tons
Behemoth (Stone Rhino) Standard 100 Tons
Daishi (Dire Wolf) A 100 Tons
Warhammer IIC 2 80 Tons

That's weighs in at the maximum 420 Tons.

MekMaster

Literate
Yes, Great Job guys!

... except Nevill, your Bowman 2 is listed as 70 tons, and not 65, so your Star 2 forces is 5 tons too heavy.

I am here, just busy at times.

Alll of you must create the Trinary of your forces, 15 mechs each. Not all the mechs will be used, since you/we will all be bidding down our forces to win the rights to do battle.

Some battles will be bid with tonnage and some with BV2.

All of you must also assign your pilots (named) to each of your 15 mechs, just for starters.

Then you each must be familiar with using Megamek and Battlemech combat.

Once all players have defined their 15 mechs from the list, I will post the Operation Bulldog forces that we will be fighting against.

The player or players that lose the bid to fight as the Clan Smoke Jaguars (CSJ) forces will then be the ones to fight the battle as the Operation Bulldog forces.

If you can all send your 15 mech trinary as a *.mul file, saved and exported from Megamek to my email address I can verify them as fully complete and correct.

Please send emails to mekslayer@yahoo.com

Thanks,

-Mek

Last edited:

MekMaster

Literate
If any of you have good knowledge of the history of the forces that participated in Operation Bulldog, I would gladly accept your assistance in creating the OPFOR forces for our battles.

Here are the Forces that I am aware of:

Eridani Light Horse - RCT
21st Striker Regiment
71st Light Horse Regiment
151st Light Horse Regiment
Northwind Highlanders + of the
MacLeod's Regiment 1 Regiment (3 'Mech Battalions)
Royal Black Watch 1 'Mech Company
1st Kathil Uhlans - 1 Regiment (4 'Mech Battalions)
Detachment of the 2nd St. Ives Lancers (1 'Mech Battalion + Infantry)
Kingston's Legionnaires - 1 Regiment (2 'Mech Battalions + infantry)
Knights of the Inner Sphere - 1 Regiment (3 'Mech Battalions + Infantry)
11th Lyran Guards - Mech Regiment + limited supporting forces from the RCT
2nd Com Guard Division - 3 'Mech heavy Level III/Battalions
4th Drakøns - 1 'Mech Battalion

What I plan to do is create these forces during the 3050 time frame and use them as the forces that attack the CSJ planets which the CSJ players will defend.

Please ask if you have questions. If everyone had many or multiple questions we can and should meet at a specified time on one of the TS servers and we can go over more of the details.

-Mek

MekMaster

Literate
Sorry Editing time expired.

Jagreen, Your Star 3 must have 4 assaults and 1 heavy mech and not 3 assaults and 2 heavies. This is not just to be picky but to limit the number of 100 tonners in the 3rd star,and for balancing amongst all the players.

Archaen, your star 2 looks good. But I have to ask, do you have any experience playing the Table Top board of Battletech or Megamek itself? If not, please get very familiar with Megamek before our first campaign game, if you cant by then, I may ask you to sit out the first few battles until you get familiar with the controls and all the nuances of megamek.

I'll try not leave out players who want to play, but experience with megamek is required, and the more the better, as it will help get games off the ground better.

Since this seems to be the most active forum. I may use this one to post all the rules.

-Mek

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom