Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Azrael's Tear - Redux

Arpad

Educated
bump

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
This is the song that plays at the cathedral. By far my favorite one from the game :salute:

When we last left the raptor was about to explore the estatue of Jacques de Molay.
r_000.png

Touching it sets off another message from Baphomet:

Baphomet.jpg
You have been guided thus far with a charmed life, friend. The shield before you will open your eyes so that you may look down upon great Aeternis as if through the sight of God on high! But beware the resting place of the dead that never sleep!

A metal hand stands out from old Jaques statue with an ornate key.

Raptor.jpg
But what about the damn shield?

r_001.png

Geffrye appears after the raptor picks it up.

r_002.png

Geffrye.jpg
Greetings to you again, friend. No doubt you are disappointed to see the shield is not with the statue, but it had to be removed to be in a safer place. I have gathered a lot of information within Aeternis over the years, being its architect gives me... advantages. You may have heard I am part of a certain faction, but each guardian has his own individual responsability to the grail that comes before all else. I have to be certain that the shield, and through it the grail, don't fall in the wrong hands. In my haste, I hid the shield in a carcass in the meat locker that is beneath my studio. I suggest you find your way there quickly if you wish to retrieve it.

What is this guy up to? Ok... Time to pick up that shield then. After Geffrye leaves the raptor heads back to the winch lift.

r_003.png

r_004.png

And heads back to the abbatoir(there is a door in geffrye's studio that offers a shortcut).

r_005.png

Aha, inside on of the carcasses is the shield hidden by geffrye.

r_006.png

r_007.png

Reshape the world to your will and fear not, for Azrael's scythe shall not fall upon you.

Time to head back to the zigurat and explore the areas of it left unchecked. This time the raptor climbs this stairway on the side of the tower.

r_008.png

On top it there is a carving identic to the shield we picked up.

r_009.png

Placing it there the whole thing turns and takes the raptor into a secret passage!

r_010.png

r_011.png

Whoa, we are back at that area were the velociraptor was smashed. Time to pick up the shield and head to the orrery. There is a slot in the alcove there waiting for it.

r_012.png

Placing the 3rd shield in the alcove unlocks this door to the west.

r_013.png

r_014.png

The raptor is now in some kind of map/control room. This carving seems compatible with the ornate key we got from the statue. Time to use it.
r_015.png

Something clicks and now there miniature models of Aeternis across the floor.

r_016.png

Just like Baphomet said.. a "God's eye" view of the place. This part is kind of tricky, there are controls for all the rooms and clicking some of them screws things up terribly(filling them with water or activating traps, for instance.). There is a note on one of the miniature rooms:

r_017.png

Thief,

Once you have the Grail go to the Cathedral and take the north door. Pass through the next chamber, and when you reach the tunnel beyond take the right hand path. I shall meet you on the aquedut beyond and guide you out of the Temple.
Trust no one else. I am the only one who truly wishes to be rid of the Grail.(Cobweb drawing)

Choices, choices... we now know that "Cobweb" is in fact Philip, an agent of the Priory amongst the Templars. Can the raptor trust him? I wonder if he really wants to be rid of the grail, being that his masters attempted to steal it...

Anyway, the raptor uses the models to unlock several doors. To the east there is another shield alcove:

r_018.png

Clicking on it spins the room again and the raptor is back at the ziggurat, this time on the other side.

r_019.png

There is this door that was not explored yet.

r_020.png

It leads to another long corridor.

r_021.png

Heading east the raptor reaches a large metal door. Whoa, lots of info on MS2 here... Not only is there a gigantic dinosaur in there, but the raptor is also receiving a distress signal from Colin Scott! Remember him? He is the guy who sent the letter telling about this place, the one transcribed in the OP. He is our main man's rival.

The awesome song I linked starts playing now, and the ground is shaking with loud thuds. We finally come face to face with the "Mantichora".

r_022.png

Well, why not open the door and take a peak?

r_023.png

Raptor.jpg
Unholy crap!

r_024.png

Luckily he can't get past the tiny door. Okay, so we are dealing with a mutant T-rex here... the "manticore". Emptying the handrifle on him doesn't even leave a scratch, so the trick is to evade him. The raptor has to wait for the right moment and run to the vestry in the middle of the Cathedral. There he can take shelter. The thing seems to be circling the vestry so there is ample opportunity.

Here goes nothing...

r_025.png

Survival! We will deal with the creature later. Now it is time to explore this. Maybe find Colin and see what he has to say...
r_026.png

r_027.png

There is a chain next to the strange organ with the masonic "all-seeing eye". Unlatching the pin under it seems to release the organ pipes at the Cathedral. There is a huge noise going on outside... the Manticore doesn't sound too happy about it. The raptor goes outside to check out:

r_028.png

The thing is trapped behind the huge brass pipes now. It won't be a threat no more... at least for the moment. The Raptor heads back to the vestry and picks up a document lying on top of a wooden table.

r_029.png

r_030.png

Year of our Lord septermber 1307

This may be the last communiqué you receive from us. As you know, we are under treacherous attack. All Templar property is being sequestered and our brotherhood is being arrested and tortured en masse. The ship that delivered this missive was part of a small fleet that will attempt to establish the Order again in Scotland. They, and you are our only hopes for the future. They have been ordered to infiltrate the clan system and the Scottish Freemasons. If successful, they will contact you. Until then you will be alone. I bid you good luck and forward to you the last order from our Grand Master Jacques de Molay before his capture:"Protect and hide the Grail; forever if necessary. One day we will return and we will have need of it."

The box on the left of the document opens to reveal a key.

r_031.png

The raptor takes it. But wait... clicking on the box again reveals a false bottom containing a brooch!

r_032.png

r_033.png

There is a stairway in the vestry, but before exploring it the raptor heads back to the cathedral. There is a large Mosaic on the floor:

r_034.png

With an accurate medieval depiction of two raptors holding the grail. But how? So Tobias could actually see the future? Maybe he isn't that crazy? Maybe this "holy thief" business isn't complete bull?

Raptor.jpg
(tired)Honestly, I don't even care any more. Get me out of this mess!

Ms2 detects a hidden passage behind the wall with the shields:

r_035.png

Humm. On top of a locked double door there is another Mosaic depicting 4 knights sharing communion wafers:

r_036.png

It is an obvious hint for that puzzle that is already solved. There is an ornate lever lying next to the pipes:

r_037.png

The raptor takes it and leaves the Cathedral. We will explore it again later. Hope Colin hangs tough till then. Now it is time to head on to the other end of that long hallway that we followed here... to the crypt where as Baphomet exposed, there are "dead that never sleep".

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Time to head back to that corridor. This time the raptor takes the path leading south.

r_000.png

eventually the raptor reaches another spiral staircase.

r_001.png

The door in the bottom is unlocked. It leads to the crypt.

r_002.png

r_003.png

You can hear a loud saurian roar here. Looking up the raptor notices that he is actually bellow the cathedral, and that the Manticore is watching from above:

r_004.png

Time to explore. There are several stone coffins lying around in this and in two other rooms. The one closest to the door catches the eye, being that it is marked with the name "Claude" and has several cracks in it.

r_005.png

The raptor peaks through a hole in the lid.

r_006.png

And is startled not only by what he sees, but also by creepy noises and hisses. Whatever is inside this, it is still alive. Vincent spoke the truth... whatever Malik has done to Claude and other knights, it is indeed "true horror"

Raptor.jpg
:scared:

The coffin is locked and there is no reason to complain about that! The other coffins don't call interest. There are iron bars separating another section of the room where lies another Molay statue. This time the one we have seem in a drawing in Philip's hideout.

r_007.png

In the southeast corner there is a hidden passage that leads the raptor to behind the bars.

r_008.png

Humm... the manticore is getting more and more startled up there;

r_009.png

Uh oh, it falls down to death. Unfortunately when it does that, it breaks open the lid to Claude's coffin.

r_010.png

r_011.png

Damn, he/it/whatever gets up and starts walking towards the raptor, hissing and making creepy sounds.

Raptor.jpg
FFFFUUUUUUU

r_012.png

r_013.png

For luck's sack he can't get past the iron bars and seems not to notice the hidden passage leading behind them. He stares at the raptor for just a little while before turning towards the other door and leaving the room.

r_014.png

Raptor.jpg
:relieved:

Whatever Malik did to this guy, he is creepy as hell. It is a Frankenstein creature of sorts that seems to have blades for arms. Anyway, time to check that statue:

r_015.png

Remember that drawing we found in Philip's stash? The raptor already has the sword hilt and the shoulder armor, so he places them both in the statue.

r_016.png

Nothing happens yet. It is still missing a sword and a ring according to the drawing. Humm... we will get back to it later. There is a door here leading north. The raptor takes it.

r_017.png

r_018.png

This staircase is quite long and it is filled with frescoes and images of saints and martyrs. There is a locked door in the middle, so the raptor continues on to the top.

r_019.png

r_020.png

This metal gate is opened with the meddalion key that was hidden in that box.

r_021.png

Whoa, the raptor is now looking down on the cathedral, standing on the pulpit. There is a book here:

r_022.png

r_023.png

The Holy Vision of Tobias de Treece

Being the foresight of the terrible fate of mankind as provided by the grace of God to his faithful, everlasting servant Tobias de treece, Commander in Chief of the blessed temple of Aeternis and high priest of the revised Templesein Religion, and of the coming and trials of the holy Thief who will deliver unto the world the holy grail which will be its salvation.

All hail the gift of the Vision.

Amen.

r_024.png

Chapter XII

I. The eternal brotherhood was born steeped in Crusader blood. In holy Jerusalem they were united by God to swear a life of duty as Knights Templar. The twelve finest of the order, they carried that most sacred relic, the holy grail, through hazardous ways to the safety of France.

II. There, their masters had made bold plans. A sacred house for the grail, Aeternis, was to be cut from the rock of the deep caves where once fell a part of the grailstone tear of Azrael. They did plan for a new religion to guide the world: Templesein. A new order that would be shaped by the wisdom of immortals.

III. And so it was made. But the purpose of God is mysterious indeed, and as the years passed the weight of the grailstone did force change in the twelve holy brothers. Few prospered by these changes; most fell to madness and worse.

IV. This was one test. Another was isolation, for beyond Aeternis, in the hurrying world of men, the Templar order was betrayed and destroyed.

V. Aeternis was sealed and the sacred brotherhood swore to guard the Grail until the Order could rebuild itself and again have need of it.

r_025.png

VI. The Vision again engulfed me in its ferocity. A black pestilence covered all the world, consuming all life. The Egyptians never saw such a plague. The countless dead filled valleys, making hills of flat ground. The earth was too full to take them.

VII. O' Lord, let a few survive at least, I' begged, but went unheard. Despair girdled the Earth as the candlelight of human existence guttered and dimmed.

VIII. Woe upon the world if none will live to mourn the passing of man. Woe upon the world, as hope died and civilizations crumbled into barbarism and final, silent extinction.

IX. Then came the fourth and final sign of the Vision; "the burning sea", the heralding of the coming of the holy thief.

X. And I saw him come forth like a beacon. he strode from the depths, into a darkened world, helding high the Grail of life. Invincible, he drove death before him and guarded those still living who went with joy and pronounced him "Saviour". The death clouds departed, a new day dawned and the world paid homage to the eternal brotherhood who had protected the Grail till its time did come.

After reading it, the raptor head back to that door in the middle of the long stairs.

r_026.png

r_027.png

It leads back to the cathedral, to the area that we blocked with organ pipes. Back to the vestry there is a locked lever on the floor. The raptor uses the piece he found earlier to gain leverage on it.

r_028.png

Damn it, it is still jammed.

r_029.png

Time to go down those stairs the raptor didn't explore earlier.

r_030.png

r_031.png

A waterwheel, and it is working... pulling the lever deactivates it, and the raptor must do so that it lays perfectly like this. It allows access to a door bellow.

r_032.png

Humm... this hallway there is a locked door with that weird symbol. It matches the one we found in the box at the cathedral vestry, and using it opens it.

r_033.png

r_034.png

Well, a chamber filled with poison gas? No thanks. there is a hatch bellow the door and opening it for a while releases the gas and allows the raptor to enter safely though.

r_035.png

r_036.png

It is a round chamber and there is a mummy inside.

r_037.png

There is a ring in the mummy's hand and the raptor picks it up before heading through the door with a ramp leading to the south.

r_038.png

r_039.png

A strange room...there is a mechanism at the top but it is locked.

Oh well, all these mechanical puzzles and all this exploration is somewhat boring, isn't it? I will save you from it. Now that the water wheel is deactivated the lever is no longer jammed. The raptor trecks back to the vestry and pulls it. Nothing happens... but after he trecks backl to the water wheel and activates, the cret door in the cathedral finally opens!

r_041.png

r_042.png

r_043.png

It opens up to reveal a passage... Colin Scot, the rival of our main man and the one responsible for getting him into this mess is bellow. We will meet him... in the next update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom