Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Alpha Brotocol (and Rage together)

fastpunk

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
You actually managed to die in the fucking tutorial.

Good lord, you suck

Cassidy

Arcane
Fuck you all. It has been almost 2 years since the last time I played an action game and I'm not used to popamole new shit where you need to be a fag and have no balls and shoot from behind cover.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You don't even need to use the cover system, just knowing where to move without pressing a button (like in ye olde days) works too.

Radisshu

Prophet
Cassidy said:
Fuck you all. It has been almost 2 years since the last time I played an action game and I'm not used to popamole new shit where you need to be a fag and have no balls and shoot from behind cover.

I never play action games. Still didn't die in the tutorial.

Cassidy

Arcane
I tried to play it like Quake, Doom or Unreal 1 to spice up this LP and this was the consequence. I tended to be pwn in Soldier of Fortune MP, specially in CTF(the only game which public servers had good enough pings back then), but when I tried Counter-Strike I really failed a lot at it because I dislike those "realistic" games with slow movement, all hitscan weapons and accuracy loss during fire. Also I'm really hating the aiming system on this game but guess what, I'll prove you are wrong because I'm not going to hide the deaths during this playthrough.

*Edit: This is the Post-mortem Codex, where butthurt fanboys and random trolls will try to find excuses to laugh at you. Now, back to the programming of drama, tears and rage soon as the heat of this thread shall definitively turn up.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Face it: you fucking suck, and no, this is not a matter of 'butthurt fanboys'. If you died at the hands of goblins in Oblivion starter dungeon, and people would start saying you're completely incompetent, would you also shout 'FANBOYS!!!!' at them?

Cassidy said:
This is why you should just stick with your Civ III LP. Because you suck at this game.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hah, I kind of dig the "desparately trying to find stuff to complain about so I can score Kodex Kool Kid points" style of updating, it's very funny. Especially since you have to try so hard to find some pathetic little things to whine about, works for me, bro...but man that'll be a pain to keep up a full LP, nasally whining about everything. Especially since you suck at the game and obviously don't know shit about it, vis-a-vis your ignorance in Recruit background and here:

Cutscene time! A truck arrives full of hostiles and the game advises for use of the laughable auto-invisibilty stealth mode.

What? No it doesn't, you don't have that skill yet, the skill you're pointing to is your radar. That's why it looks like a radar. Durrr, I is smart?

spekkio

Arcane
Don't mind the haters, Brother Cassidy.

We all know that this death was for greater lulz.

Radisshu

Prophet
Brother None said:
Cutscene time! A truck arrives full of hostiles and the game advises for use of the laughable auto-invisibilty stealth mode.

What? No it doesn't, you don't have that skill yet, the skill you're pointing to is your radar. That's why it looks like a radar. Durrr, I is smart?

Oh, and this.

Cassidy

Arcane
back to sportforredneck said:
Cassidy said:
This is why you should just stick with your Civ III LP. Because you suck at this game.

But it doesn't cause as much I N T E R N E T D R A M A as this one because there will be no fanboys to defend the game and piss take on anyone challenging the GLORIOUS ASSELLONE AND HIS PERFECT AWESOME GAMES.

The stealth part is so trivial to do that it feels almost like auto-invisibility and I can't bother with it due to such fact. Now if there is something even more dumbed down than that, then no comments are needed. So if you didn't get it that I was referring to the overall stealth system rather than to that even worse detail of it, Herp Derp Obsidian is awesum Durrrr You're wrong and you fail. And before you spout more bullshit to decline the Codex I've beaten all Thief games and Thief 2X on hardest difficulty levels thus I know what I'm talking about.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

With a few exceptions, most negative answers in this thread.

So go fuck your dogs consoletard popamole lovers and the most dull update of this thread is coming!

Don't mind the haters, Brother Cassidy.

We all know that this death was for greater lulz.

But if I pretend minding them there will be greater drama. Or am I typing this hidden message to pretend I don't give a shit about their opinions and earn KKK instead?

======================================

Lots of Big Words and NPC conversations

Having passed the test he wasn't aware that was supposed to be a test, Michael Thornton Shepard now goes through training and that is it, this update lacks any gameplay elements to comment upon so it will be a huge screenshot dump and suck as much as my first attempt to pop moles.

My proof to the faggots claiming I suck that they are wrong will come in the next update! Stay tuned for the next episode of this drama as the Defenders of the Old Codexia and of the skyway of Life shall never surrender to the Post-Decline Codexia of unconditional worship to the gods of Obsidian!!!!

lpbrotocolp3s02.jpg

First dossiers for checking.

lpbrotocolp3s03.jpg

Of course, EXTREME Thornton will have him as a close friend.

lpbrotocolp3s04.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s05.jpg

Basically, a BlackOps agency. Also, along the way Thornton hacks a laptop with several witnesses looking at him. Here is what he finds:

lpbrotocolp3s11.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s12.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s13.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s14.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s15.jpg

This is possibly the most interesting message found so far. Now is such Dhimmi Baxter Republican or Democrat?

:mystery:

lpbrotocolp3s16.jpg

Seems like someone wants to score Mina.

Then time to head for shooting training. And Meet Mina personally. The cropped dialogues for the lulz also mean that if you like popamole you won't have the entire game spoiled for you in this thread.

lpbrotocolp3s17.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s18.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s19.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s20.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s21.jpg

dude_wheres_my_car.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s22.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s23.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s24.jpg

So, it's a plain shooting range.

lpbrotocolp3s25.jpg

5806035-lg.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s26.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s27.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s28.jpg

You already know what this is.

lpbrotocolp3s29.jpg

Then the course. I did way better in the Modern Gayfare training when compared to this one. But it doesn't mean you'll have any pleasure of seeing fail in this thread unless it is done on purpose(or not but you'll never know)

lpbrotocolp3s30.jpg

AR.

lpbrotocolp3s31.jpg

Final result: meh(although except for the shotgun and for the SMG spray because that is how SMGs are supposed to be used because the movies told me so amirite, I didn't miss much)

lpbrotocolp3s32.jpg

Then the physical training. Like I mentioned I didn't bother with stealth because I want to progress through the game faster.

Then meet the man who cleans up the Brotocols to ensure nobody ever discovers its existence by tracking people who know too much and hiring Lithuanian Hitmen to make them vanish, the "janitor" of the place.

lpbrotocolp3s33.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s34.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s35.jpg

Thornton asks about what happens should the shit hit the fan.

lpbrotocolp3s36.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s37.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s38.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s39.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s40.jpg

Now to meet the man who wants to fuck Mina.

lpbrotocolp3s41.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s42.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s43.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s44.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s45.jpg

I'll definitively stockpile EMP grenades for the most annoying minigame sections I expect to exist in mid-late game.

lpbrotocolp3s46.jpg

With everything done regarding training, Thornton Shepard proceeds to meet the man himself. And he isn't Eli Vance, no. It is obvious who this man is, because the fact he likes everything EXTREME as the dossier says gives it away.

lpbrotocolp3s47.jpg

ME2-078.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s49.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s50.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s51.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s52.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s53.jpg

Because Thornton is a EXTREME person like Codename Westridge(Real name EXTREME Shepard), he ends liking the young recruit.

lpbrotocolp3s54.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s55.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s58.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s59.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s60.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s63.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s64.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s65.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s66.jpg

[Intelligence]When a question is answered with another question, it is a Rabbinical response. This means that the Jews are involved with Alpha Protocol!

lpbrotocolp3s68.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s69.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s70.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s71.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s73.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s75.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s77.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s82.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s83.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s84.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s85.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s88.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s89.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s90.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s92.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s93.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s94.jpg

This is unmistakably Biowarian

lpbrotocolp3s95.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s104.jpg

Then Thornton is led to the actual briefing room

lpbrotocolp3s105.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s108.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s109.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s111.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s112.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s113.jpg

Ominous Cutscene Time!

lpbrotocolp3s114.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s115.jpg

lpbrotocolp3s116.jpg

And thus

Veredict of this Update: Mostly plot development but not much to say here. So far no big plot holes were detected. Also what is the fun of using grenades if you can always see their trajectory?

tl;dr

lpbrotocolp3s117.jpg

Now ITZ COMING to Saudi Arabia for real gameplay!

Cassidy

Arcane
racofer said:
It's so incredibly annoying to have incomplete dialogs I can't even bother reading through this LP any longer.

The other alternatives are to slow down this thread updates because of having to type the dialogues or having hundreds of screenshots. Or ignoring dialogues altogether and just giving briefings of the given information in them.

Which is better?*

*More Herp Derp comments about dying at the tutorial shall not included when counting opinions.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Aahahaha you even failed at the very easy tutorials. This shit is badass...

Cassidy said:
No you see I meant to fail and suck horribly, and when I said the radar is invisibly mode I totally actually MEANT to say the entire system sucks, isn't that obvious? Look, I'm trying really hard to be cool, please stop pointing out how much I suck.

Cool story bro.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Cassidy said:
The other alternatives are to slow down this thread updates because of having to type the dialogues or having hundreds of screenshots. Or ignoring dialogues altogether and just giving briefings of the given information in them.

Giving a short brief on the current events should suffice. On its current state though, it's hard to keep track of what is going on since Alphail Protocrap innovashumeted dialogs yet again by displaying subtitles with 6 words (tops!) at a time.

Terror Teats

Educated
lol at cassidy getting butthurt over sucking at games

I PLAYED ALL TIEFSX GAMES ON HARDEST DIFFINCULT THIS OBSIDIANS FAULT ANYONE WHO SAYS I"M NOT THE ROXOR IS OBSIDFAG WORSHIPPER WHO SARCIFICES GOATSE NOW TIME TO GET MY GAME ON BROS

you can't even tell what you're making fun of---time to quit bro guess asselone wins this round

spekkio

Arcane
racofer said:
Giving a short brief on the current events should suffice.
This. Only sex-scenes require full screenshots coverage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom