Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play - Afterfall: InAnity

Fens

Ford of the Llies
it's the best scifi reference i could come up with... also: i was a bit bored :D

lightbane

Arcane
Kimagure Majo Yousei said:
I am hoping at some point the character will come to realize he is the one who has gone delusional and paranoid from living a stressful and oppressive underground life for so long, and that all those monsters he has been slaughtering were actually normal and healthy people, and that those who were nice and helpful to him, gave him orders, and offered him guidance were naught but figments of his imagination, or his subconscious toying with how he desired the events to play.

I'll file this one under wasted potential if that doesn't happen.

Too bad that this is not Silent Hill :M Albert seems to be too stable and competent for that.

Darth Roxor said:
Fens said:
J79c9.gif

I have no idea what you're trying to say :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWvnet50zc

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Albert is such a Mary Sue.

Which I suppose makes sense from what I've been told of this game's plot.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
How many hours is the LP in currently?
lightbane said:
Kimagure Majo Yousei said:
I am hoping at some point the character will come to realize he is the one who has gone delusional and paranoid from living a stressful and oppressive underground life for so long, and that all those monsters he has been slaughtering were actually normal and healthy people, and that those who were nice and helpful to him, gave him orders, and offered him guidance were naught but figments of his imagination, or his subconscious toying with how he desired the events to play.

I'll file this one under wasted potential if that doesn't happen.

Too bad that this is not Silent Hill :M Albert seems to be too stable and competent for that.

Darth Roxor said:
Fens said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWvnet50zc
I recognize this from somewhere. Know of similar music? :prosper:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What the shit, I'm trying to upload the new update to imgur, but only two of the whole batch of images make it through. Does imgur have some sort of limits and if it has, what are they?

Regardless, until I figure out wtf is ronk, a picture of Albert holding a hueg wrench will have to do for an update.

j9NNo.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Imgur is acting up recently. Switch to something that doesn't shitlist Codex yet. Which can be difficult...

:lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, Photobucket doesn't, and it's what I've been using for all my LPs so far, but Photobucket has such nazi bandwidth limits, those 1280x1024 screens would kill it in 2 days.

Twinkle

Liturgist
They are all shit, Brox0r, use DropBox instead. Good amount of space to store your potatoes for free, no traffic limit, no resizing, no recompressing, very easy to organize and navigate.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Right, imgur started functioning properly again. I'll remember about that DropBox next time it goes haywire.

nNODch.jpg

1JwKWh.jpg

One wacky thing about Afterfall is that when you get from one chapter/level to another, you lose all guns except your pistol, and for that you only have 8 rounds. For unspecified reasons.

SOOHPh.jpg

Can't see shit, cap'n. Fortunately, there's a light switch on the right.

dUpKRh.jpg

That's better.

znXw2h.jpg

A note on one of the shelves.

XRM1Wh.jpg

We try to use the intercom.

HdeBXh.jpg

1eaITh.jpg

hByXGh.jpg

Turned over furniture, hueg bloodsplatter on the wall, someone running through. Yup, sounds perfectly fine to me.

DjHs4.jpg
Maybe I can contact Marcin... No answer. But I should be able to get to his apartment through the technical section.

6KnQFh.jpg

Onward then! To GLOREH!

ITjqWh.jpg

holy shit

bnD7Rh.jpg

Everything here is explodin'!

x2tvDh.jpg

Sup, huge gears.

V9c6ch.jpg

Get me out of here

4GTrTh.jpg

The monkey wrench. A gentleman's weapon :obviously:

xboE9h.jpg

Just around a bend is a fire axe, though. Much more gentlemanly :obviously:

Let's proceed through this dark corridor filled with metal bawkses. Surely, nothing wrong can happen.

Upcxyh.jpg

That is, if you don't count two mutie guards appearing from the warp. They are quickly taken down.

MXMeJh.jpg

Albert can see some sort of a cavern through the fences

3TuMkh.jpg

Keep on movin'

6Drqoh.jpg

Sup

rWcYfh.jpg

Moving on, Albert finds his way barred by flame jets. Some guy runs into them for whatever reason.

S8hM6h.jpg

Going around the bend, Albert hears the sound of welding.

xnRIGh.jpg

And, indeed, finds a guy in a welding mask. Fortunately, he doesn't have a machete and leather apron, but is still keen on boxing Albert to death.

DjHs4.jpg
The contamination! Here?

qfvjRh.jpg

The problem being, obviously, the flames.

CzcoXh.jpg

The colonel likes children, eh :hmmm:

Fp7ehh.jpg

We find ourselves in another room. For some reason, Albert keeps hearing voices that drive him slightly mad, but only to mild levels of InAnity, so he won't be clawing his eyes out just yet.

ShHUrh.jpg

Three valves in this room. Pressing them in the right order disables the flames.

K8m3Xh.jpg

Voilla!

L0guQh.jpg

The area behind the flehmz stores two elevators.

5Bo6yh.jpg

Going next to one of them toggles a cheap scare.

vm5wZh.jpg

The second one works fine, however...

zfvUfh.jpg

OR DOES IT.

The light goes off, banging is heard from the top of the elevator.

But it keeps moving anyway :shrug:

QJ62hh.jpg

Out of the elevator...

DjHs4.jpg
To think the surface is just behind it...

FnHVah.jpg

The shelter's gate looks pretty impressive. The hueg vault door is carved directly into the rock wall. P. cool.

mJMVZh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
Could I predict it? First cases of the confinement syndrome were observed long before the war. They were rare and not taken seriously. People didn't believe in the 'nuclear apocalypse' back then, no wonder that they disregarded the syndrome. Nobody suspect that it would spread like the plague in the Shelter. We should have been prepared! If only I had known earlier... Thoughts are contagious... millions spent on defence programs and nobody cared to take it into consideration. My work would have been a lot easier if the Shelter were equipped with Syndrome Cure vending machines. Instead, we have an unknown substance that enhances the symptoms of this mental epidemic. All it took was one madman to change the Shelter into a raving loony bin... I'd like to examine him.

Oh, no doubt you would like to, Al. Probably look directly into his brain and take all the bad things out.

DjHs4.jpg
Marcin's apartment should be around here somewhere, on the technical level. I'll check if he's okay. Even if he's not home, there's a comm screen inside. I could use it to contact the colonel.

ceIcIh.jpg

EsFUWh.jpg

Damn, this place is a total scrap heap. No way through in sight, too.

2qNdCh.jpg

Time to make a way through, then :M

wvsJgh.jpg

YEEEEEHAAAAW

yMjOIh.jpg

Sup bros

MSz0sh.jpg

shoop shoop

9xuCLh.jpg

Dammit, can't see shit. Still, it's some sort of a garage.

SFJhvh.jpg

Albert sees some guy running through a catwalk under the ceiling.

DjHs4.jpg
Holy shit! It's that guy again!

Apparently, it's the bloke we chased in the previous update. INTRIGUING

And again, there doesn't seem to be any way out of here.

DjHs4.jpg
How am I supposed to...

It's very easy, sir Albert.

DFZSoh.jpg

You are supposed to go to a nearby ramp with a truck on it and tap E furiously to raise it in order to clear a way.

5RyEVh.jpg

Hussars appear from the shadows when Albert taps E furiously. QTEs are best when they come with cheap scares (if you look the other way you get raped)

bLLDvh.jpg

The ramp goes up, revealing a new passage.

Albert goes through a door and hears the voice of a normal human guard. Rescue at last!

tfhQCh.jpg

oops, maybe not.

But I'm sure just going out there with hands up and speakin rea-

ggz3wh.jpg

Ok nvm. Albert prefers to slaughter them all, I suppose. Fine by me!

anus_pounder

Arcane
Maybe 'not one of us' means 'not a guard' ? In which case, Albert is right about axeing them a question being the only way out.

EDIT : Though Albert is the doctor with the axe, so I guess hes always right.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Right. I just realised I still have the 1$ preorder 50% discount key for Afterfall that I didn't use 'cause I bought the gaem in a potato shop, so I figured I might as well get some bro happy and do a christmas give away.

So yeah, in case anyone wants this game with a 50% discount on gamersgate, leave a request here and I'll pm it to you. First come, first served (or maybe I should do a lottery but I guess there wouldn't be enough people participating) :M

anus_pounder

Arcane
I guess potato psychiatry involves the 'doctor' furiously chopping away at the limbs of a patient/ventilating him with bullet holes while screaming 'ARE YOU STILL DEPRESSED ?'

lightbane

Arcane
anus_pounder said:
I guess potato psychiatry involves the 'doctor' furiously chopping away at the limbs of a patient/ventilating him with bullet holes while screaming 'ARE YOU STILL DEPRESSED ?'

But it is a necessary procedure, otherwise the psychiatrist is risking that the patient will immediately mutate into a brutish monster and maul him. :M

anus_pounder

Arcane
lightbane said:
anus_pounder said:

But it is a necessary procedure, otherwise the psychiatrist is risking that the patient will immediately mutate into a russian and maul him. :M

:M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
v6pxFh.jpg

Last time we left doctor Tokaj, he's arrived to a guard post, where the guards seemed to be pretty hostile.

l6Ixmh.jpg

As evidenced by this man, who starts shooting Albert the moment he sees him.

However, doctor Tokaj uses superior diplomatic measures to ensure a safe passage.

ZqXDSh.jpg

Albert's oratory prowess has left the guard speechless.

tGthch.jpg

Our brave psychiatrist moves through a room with some corpses

PbqpJh.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY, a cutscene.

uGbUmh.jpg

75GZ7h.jpg

zsp5ph.jpg

ZPPhjh.jpg

xoBW5h.jpg

One of the guards drags the body of his fallen comrade away.

CUBAjh.jpg

7Ze0yh.jpg

VOOEwh.jpg

GIytYh.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY, a mutated hussar appears from the warp and starts wreaking havoc.

JnL42h.jpg

n3L4ah.jpg

The guard fails his fear check and trips

djln7h.jpg

Tries to crawl away

eiRzEh.jpg

But the hussar grabs him by the legs and takes him away somewhere.

xe73ch.jpg

Some shoopin' from doctor Tokaj follows

5ruwRh.jpg

There's a lot of stuff in this room, including a shotgun, which is neat. Also, the civilian (or madman) corpses all around would suggest shit has really hit the fan and the guards shoot before asking questions.

phX8Qh.jpg

Heh :thumbsup:

u0cjQh.jpg

Let us move towards the monitoring section then.

DDorvh.jpg

That's a lot of monitors, alright.

ctRIeh.jpg

k8Ievh.jpg

Sup colonel.

LQOfH.jpg
All off-duty military personnel are to report to their squad leaders at once! Search every room, corridor, storage area and corner! Arrest any suspects! Use all available methods, including deadly force, to bring him down!

Shit is serious. The colonel signs out.

ObCSah.jpg

There are two switches on this here wall, but both don't seem to work.

dmgOYh.jpg

A mutie guard drops from the ceiling as we approach some console.

dm6Hjh.jpg

We quickly hack the computor after disposing of the beast.

AOEKFh.jpg

This opens a door to the left, which launches a corpse out. Another mutie guard follows.

Ezy8Jh.jpg

Inside that room is some audio log

Command announcement: After the finished exercise, it is imperative to maintain a weapon, secure a safety hatch and put it back on the arms rack. Disregarding this rule will result in a week-long ban on bar addmitance (sic)

pa2wIh.jpg

Another console.

RbmQph.jpg

Which, apparently, toggled the two switches on?

kN2nrh.jpg

Indeed, it did. Open sesame.

5t6eyh.jpg

The sign says 'HAZARDOUS AREA'

DjHs4.jpg
Okay, back to the tech area.

QHRxYh.jpg

Hazardous, indeed. The console controlling the doors is online, which means we hafta get the power back on.

noDB9h.jpg

Which we do via another logic puzzle, which is probably challenging if you are braindead.

Choosing the third chipset restores the power.

3qpbkh.jpg

nqwFch.jpg

Although unpictured, Albert's attention is caught by a door at the end of the corridor being forcefully opened.

Rjo3bh.jpg

Then the lights go out, including our own flashlight. Fortunately, we have other means of illuminating dark areas...

8Vv2Sh.jpg

HOLY SHIT

hgp63h.jpg

Albert moves on and finds a guard getting bumrushed by two mutants.

DTlEIh.jpg

Keep walking...

ATPEnh.jpg

Keep whacking...

LZfNfh.jpg

For some reason, a hussar decides it's an excellent idea to charge us through a wall of flame.

A nearby valve shuts off the fire and we can move on.

iNriBh.jpg

Albert once again is distracted by something - this time it's a mutant standing in the middle of something resembling an incinerator, gnawing on some corpse.

There is a console right next that probably activates the machine...

:smug:

dGLbxh.jpg

The lid of the incinerator closes and smoke starts going out of it. This burnt offering pleases Albert.

LGINch.jpg

Moving on, he hears more guards up ahead.

ONrc7.jpg
And if it's not, I don't give a damn.

E5hJe.jpg
Keep it to yourself, rookie. God dammit, I'm surrounded by lunatics AND idiots!

racs6h.jpg

Albert goes up the stairs and is quickly intercepted by the two guardsmen. They are both armed with assault rifles, and actually pack quite a punch, since Albert's only medium-distance weapon is the pistol.

Fie0wh.jpg

But getting close with the shotgun is enough of a remedy to all problems.

One of the guards drops to his knees and begs for mercy

r3E0Ch.jpg

MERCY IS A SHIELD USED BY THE WEAK *stomp stomp*

Of course, we snatch their rifles.

2BMk8h.jpg

Another monitoring room, but there's nothing inside except for some ammo.

Pcms5h.jpg

sndtxh.jpg

Oshi-

Albert kills the mutants. There's some ventilation shaft leading from this room, as well as a staircase. Let's check the stairs.

JNOlfh.jpg

E5hJe.jpg
I said freeze, don't even think about it!

bdXZDh.jpg

GIANT EXPLOSION

Well, guess that leaves the vents.

rMuGlh.jpg

Uad2Dh.jpg

W72nPh.jpg

Leaving the vents, Albert arrives in some sort of a tunnel... the way whence he came shuts close. Behind him are only flames.

We can only press on... but where shall we end up this time? Time will tell.

Meanwhile, as you all may know, today is a very special day, so allow me and Albert to give you a very merry message to conclude this update:

35lgqo8.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Man, it's a good thing they established that everyone is suffering under some kind of isolation syndrome, because otherwise, this story is so fucking retarded. People do not behave this way.

Haha Santa pic :D. Good LP, keep it coming. I personally never enjoy these combat-heavy jump-scare filled horror games, but it makes for a good LP.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Last time we left Albert, he's just managed to get out of the barracks section of the shelter, and is moving towards the residential area again.

zlSRdh.jpg

En8ufh.jpg

A rupture in the wall. Let's see where it takes us.

MlO0Mh.jpg

Looks like medical gear... especially that skull and severed leg.

yorJwh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
What the hell?

Albert notices the guy he's been chasing, running down the corridor.

xPiqzh.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY,

NTmECh.jpg

@_@

yfbp3h.jpg

Fortunately, it was but a horrible vision.

QweHsh.jpg

Nobody in sight... bodybags all around.

DjHs4.jpg
It must be an epidemic!

Hz4H6h.jpg

A mutated guard, uh, 'operating' some poor bloke.

t3nuTh.jpg

OXFZQh.jpg

A corpse is launched at this door at high velocity, leaving a SPLAT.

ioBifh.jpg

More stained walls and bodybags.

lMPiFh.jpg

And madmen!

zHP2bh.jpg

A creepy staircase

gVuTch.jpg

c81gIh.jpg

Albert decides he must shut down the quarantine protocol in order to advance... which does sound a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit like it might backfire.

JLtjXh.jpg

The quarantine can only be disabled via a retinal and fingerprint scan. Albert fits none :(

Guess we'll need to find a... helping hand :yeah:

But before that,

qen5jh.jpg

Sum notes

IKPabh.jpg

And some voice logs.

Warning! There are many unanswered calls on the emergency voice mail! They are to be listened to immediately!

Alarm call nr 1: I wanted to... Is anyone there? God damned voice mail, this is an emergency! My daughter's ill, she needs medical assistance. This is absurd! The colonel will hear about this!

Alarm call nr 2: What's going on in the Shelter? Is it some kind of medical problem? I've noticed people running around and... Hey! What are you doing? Get out of my room! Hey! Out, I said! Hey... OUT!

Alarm call nr 3: Hello? I want to... I want to talk with a doctor. I feel... I see... The walls, they're... What is this...? No, no! NOOO!

Alarm call nr 4: I... Is anyone... I...

Alarm call nr 5: Ahahahaha! You'll be next! See you soon.

Alarm call nr 6: I wanted to report an accident. What are you doing, mum? Mommy...? Please... Mommy...?

The last call is looped on the 'please, mommy' for a while, creepy as fuck.

Also, it would appear the shit has completely hit the fan in the Shelter. NOT COOL BROS.

AwLzch.jpg

Let's explore some more.

7PGKmh.jpg

I guess... we've just found the solution to the retinal scan :thumbsup:

pdzZRh.jpg

While the hand scan solution is in a room we've already visited.

Latest addition to Albert's CV: 'Bone Collector'

fMktQh.jpg

Fwfuuh.jpg

Open Sesame!

CdWgmh.jpg

Albert then sees the dead guard.

DjHs4.jpg
Oh my God...

There's an audio log next to the corpse

WcsNch.jpg

And it's the colonel speaking on it, too.

o_ó

EwQ4Gh.jpg

Albert catches the glimpse, a flash even, very fast flash, of the Runner being chased by human hussars.

qb0MHh.jpg

QuYath.jpg

o_ó

IXO8kh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
Marcin's room should be on the left.

9LWTih.jpg

There's a guard with a rifle posted at the doors. He can do quite some damage.

However, Albert previous addition to his CV includes: Bulletproof.

Mc6Kch.jpg

Oops, not this room.

4LSF2h.jpg

Maybe this then?

p3gxxh.jpg

Marcin is alive, good. He's also speaking with the colonel

LQOfH.jpg
And what are you planning to do with this knowledge?

n4BKph.jpg

Marcin sees Albert and stands up... somewhat panicked.

DjHs4.jpg
Marcin! Don't worry, it's me.

G6Rbhh.jpg

He grabs a revolver...

KNc1Hh.jpg

Oh crap

lxhpfh.jpg

49kcnh.jpg

fuck

DjHs4.jpg
No, no, no!

46vRch.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
You dumb son of a bitch! Dammit! God fucking dammit!

xBRP7h.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
I'll try to reach the operator.

Operator. Please do not disturb, we have a serious problem here.

DjHs4.jpg
You know who you're talking to? Put me through to the colonel!

4FwRQh.jpg

Gjr5Nh.jpg

ukGfvh.jpg

LQOfH.jpg
You killed him?!

DjHs4.jpg
No! Of course not!

LQOfH.jpg
You will need a very convincing explanation, Tokaj. Turn yourself in to the nearest patrol, they will escort you to the upper level. Then, we will have a chance to talk. That is, if I don't have you executed on the spot!

DjHs4.jpg
I was on the second sublevel, as you ordered me. But everything went wrong. These lunatics... it wasn't natural. Or accidental. I saw someone... He poisoned the scientists. Everyone's dead now. Even Marcin... It must've been this man I saw! And I can't turn myself in because instead of taking care of this saboteur, your men are attacking me on sight! I haven't done anything wrong, colonel. He's farming me. You... YOU are framing me! Good God... 'Find someone to blame'... he's working for you!

wat

LQOfH.jpg
How DARE you speak to me like that after all I have done for you, Tokaj? And, more importantly, after all that YOU have done?! How dare you...

O7FSoh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
Arek?

XiyY9h.jpg

eRLKV.jpg
The colonel sent me down to repair the vents, but forgot to mention it's a one way ticket to hell. So I've locked myself in my office on the Third Sublevel and I've been trying to restore all the systems ever since. But everything's screwed around here.

FE9e9h.jpg

eRLKV.jpg
Between you and the colonel. Oh shit!

DjHs4.jpg
What's wrong?

eRLKV.jpg
There's another transmission. The colonel's sending a whole squad of guards after you.

DjHs4.jpg
Son of a...

eRLKV.jpg
Damn, Al. With the whole security team after you, apprehension is only a matter of time... You have to leave the Shelter!

DjHs4.jpg
That's rich. You know perfectly well that everything outside the Shelter is obliterated and glowing with radiation.

eRLKV.jpg
I wouldn't be so certain. I came across information about another Shelter some time ago, it's called 'Fist'.

DjHs4.jpg
And you're telling me now? All these years we've been thinking that "Glory" was the only Shelter that survived the war.

eRLKV.jpg
I didn't know what to think about it myself. It was only vestigal information, nothing really certain. And I only had a few seconds to browse through it before the firewall kicked in.

DjHs4.jpg
You know I'll need more than that.

eRLKV.jpg
The colonel always knew about the Fist. I once hacked into his computer, and found some traces of communication attempts. If there is any info on the Fist's location, it's on the colonel's computer. Potocki's room is in the admin area of the third sublevel. We'll try to find it together. But wait, there's a database nearby. It wouldn't hurt to check it out.

DjHs4.jpg
Oh, damn.

eRLKV.jpg
What? Sudden change of heart?

DjHs4.jpg
What about Karolina? I can't leave without her. I'm in deep shit. She may be as well.

eRLKV.jpg
Do what you've got to do. But remember, that you're the one they're after.

DjHs4.jpg
Right. Marcin... I'll find out who's behind this.

Tmbsvh.jpg

uJo2Mh.jpg

There's a note here. Didn't get a screenshot in time when it appeared on the screen, but fortunately, they are all stored in the PDA.

cscjzh.jpg

Marcin's gun. It packs really serious firepower and replaces the heavy pistol.

7Pj4Wh.jpg

Sum voice mail.

But we still qualify, right? I hope for some booze - I haven't drunk anything good in ages.

More,

The pipes on the second sublevel are leaking again, Mr Gotler. I don't need to remind you that proper maintenance of the pipelines is part of your duties, and you better have a good excuse in the case of a malfunction

r00fles!

Marcin, hi, it's Karolina. Have you spoken with Albert recently? You know what he is like, but lately he's become even more tense and I don't know what to think about it. A while ago he ran to some meething with the colonel, but he was acting like they were going to execute us all. I don't know...

more

Mornin' Mr Gotler. Quartermaster speaking. With all the fuss around it was hard to obtain what you've asked for, but you once helped me upgrade wiring in my apartment, so I did my best. However, you have to pick up the package personally. I'll print you a quick manual so that you can learn all the... specifications.

4iUUZh.jpg

There's the manual, I guess. At least we know how Marcin got to acquire the bitchin' revolver.

nhIvyh.jpg

And thus, Albert sets out on his quest... The quest for the Fist!

DarthBehemoth

Learned
So far the story and dialouge look like shit. Hows the atmosphere? Does it feel like System Shock 2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom