Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play 7.62HC again, Total Eclipse of the Blue Sun[SSLP]

I did a test regarding the "Balance" parameter to test what it really stands for.
I edited three variants of Colt M4A1 to be exactly the same except the Balance. The first rifle had 1, the second 52 and the 3rd 100 Balance. No attachments were used and the test person was my main merc with 95 accuracy who fired 100 rounds with every weapon before the test.
The difference between the three variants is so small that it really doesn't matter:
The rifle with 1 Balance had the longest time to ready the weapon: 0.99 seconds
The rifle with 52 Balance need 0.85 seconds.
The rifle with 100 Balance need 0.73 seconds.
Well that's nice to know, since the explanation for game mechanics is almost the equivalent of figuring out how voodoo magic works.

R@S

Scholar
It seems option 3 is the clear winner, and I'm about to start playing. The Brock will only be armed with his Walter P99 .40 S&W and some grenades. I'll try not to use the grenades since the Reloaded maps might cause a CtD, but I will leave that option open anyways. We'll see if I can have it ready by tonight, but don't expect it until tomorrow since I'm a bit tired after work and might not have the energy to write things down.

It's been a long time since I did the solo approach, so we'll see how it goes. Might be the end of the LP, so wish me luck:D

Convert glock .40 to glock 35, use the P99 silencer on it. Since we're already pushing The Brock to the limit here, why not equip him to be best you can.

R@S

Scholar
No, that would make him too powerful, he needs to stick with what he had on him when the challenge was made, and that means the Walter P99:)

Halfway through, and still alive.

R@S

Scholar
The answer to that accusation can be found here:D

Session 25: The lone gunman theory
- The Bank Scam - Alexey Rezvi - The CheyTac Intervention System - The Brock Gets Some Attention -
- Small Clip, Reload Often - When Spotted, Get Out of Sight - Sweeping the Hill - 59 Rounds Later -

The team travel to Puerto Viejo to get some extra cash, it'll be needed when recruiting militia.

S25_P01.jpg

The Brock loans 500000$, which need to be re-payed in 20 days. The interest is 100000$, typical of banksters, they like to get over-payed. The Brock has no intention of ever paying it back though, hopefully he'll be out of the country before the payment is due.

S25_P02.jpg

Alexey Rezvi is still waiting outside the hotel, and now is a good time to activate the original mission, killing Fakirov.

S25_P03.jpg

They travel back to the Blue Sun Base and talks to Tang, who gives them the particulars of the next mission.

S25_P04.jpg

Poncio have some tools that would normally be of great help.

S25_P05.jpg

S25_P06.jpg

S25_P07.jpg

Off they go, into the neighboring country of Palinero.

S25_P08.jpg

The Plan
The team gets into position while The Brock prepares for his assault. He'll first engage the enemy head on, then run in a circle and come up in their rear.

S25_P09kopiera.jpg

In case something goes horribly wrong, BNC calculates the conditions on the CheyTac ballistic PDA.

S25_P10.jpg

Slowmo gets the information and will be ready with the M200.

S25_P11.jpg

R@S Note: Notice the bonus Slowmo gets when BNC has calculated the conditions. He'll keep those stats as long as BNC stays near and has the Rangefinder in her hands.

As The Brock moves up the hill, he encounters #1. Four rounds from his P99 takes him out.

S25_P12.jpg

The enemy is now aware of his position and advances on him, time to start his run.

S25_P13.jpg

S25_P14.jpg

He reloads before he starts sneaking up, then takes out #2 with a single shot.

S25_P15.jpg

#3 goes down with another shot.

S25_P16.jpg

#4 crouches down and The Brock misses several shots. His P99 is running low on bullets so he's forced to pull back and reload before he is spotted.

S25_P17.jpg

His second attempt at #4 is not successful either, two rounds hit but doesn't take him down.

S25_P18.jpg

The Brock hears movement to his left, and sure enough, #5 is spotted and taken care of.

S25_P19.jpg

#4 picks up the dropped weapon and runs for cover.

S25_P20.jpg

A bullet flies by, time to displace.

S25_P21.jpg

The Brock finds a good position, one where he can get to cover quickly, and still have a good view of the enemy positions. From there he takes out #6, #7 and #8.

S25_P22.jpg

S25_P23.jpg

S25_P24.jpg

S25_P25.jpg

S25_P26.jpg

#9 reveals his position, and possibly stupidity, by firing wildly at some imaginary threat.

S25_P27.jpg

His stupidity is punished.

S25_P28.jpg

As The Brock slowly moves forward, #10 and #11 are spotted. He manages to take down #10, but #11 proves more difficult.

S25_P29.jpg

S25_P30.jpg

S25_P31.jpg

He fires the last round in his clip, then as he reloads #11 runs away.

S25_P32.jpg

S25_P33.jpg

The Brock pursues him, but runs into a surprise, #12 sends some MAC-10 bursts in his direction and he is forced to get into cover.

S25_P34.jpg

That's when he spots #13, two rounds does the deed.

S25_P35.jpg

S25_P36.jpg

The Brock gets lucky when bullets whizzes by. He moves for cover and fills up his clip.

S25_P37.jpg

S25_P38.jpg

He then sneaks up again and deals with #12.

S25_P39.jpg

#14 is spotted and dealt with.

S25_P40.jpg

#4, who's retreated to a position in the bushes, spots The Brock and shoots at him. It takes many, many shots to finally bring him down.

S25_P41.jpg

S25_P42.jpg

S25_P44.jpg

#15 is guarding the entrance to the bunker, The Brock manages to sneak up behind him and a couple of rounds takes him out.

S25_P45.jpg

S25_P46.jpg

#16 prove hard to find, several sweeps of the hill later he is finally spotted. 59 rounds of .40 S&W and the Radio Hill is captured.

S25_P48.jpg

S25_P49.jpg

The loot is disappointing.

S25_P50.jpg

S25_P51.jpg

The Brock talks to the Mayor to take control of the sector, then hires some militia to guard it.

S25_P52.jpg

The trader appears and the loot is sold.

S25_P53.jpg

50000$ worth of militia arrives, hopefully it'll be enough to hold the sector until the team gets back to Tang.

S25_P54.jpg

Back at the Blue Sun Base the mission is declared a success. Tang gives them their next target, the Airport in Palinero.

S25_P55.jpg

And now you can deploy the L1A1 when neccessary since you've gotten more FAL mags from the OSW. Another possibility for much more fun available there.

R@S

Scholar
I'll play the Airport mission, then HK and Geroj should be ready to join again. They should all have updated inventories since the final missions are all about fire power. We'll have a vote on who's to be on the team, but that'll have to wait until agter the Airport mission. Someone might need some doctoring by then and I don't know who'll be available.

waladil

Novice
Hooh, lucky mission. Good thing they never managed to wing you, eh?

Also, DAT CHEYTAC.

Hur Zwa

Novice
As we are getting slowly to the last missions when can we expect the final release of BSM 2.0 :D ?

R@S

Scholar
Waladil, the M200 is totally pwning, especially when Slowmo uses it. With BNC as spotter, he gets the very unusual "Perfect" instead of "Outstanding" or "Very Good" when calculating chance to hit. Haven't seen that in a long while, so I had forgot it actually existed:)

BSM 2.0 will be released Soon-ish, so expect it on Thursday:troll:

Hur Zwa

Novice
Waladil, the M200 is totally pwning, especially when Slowmo uses it. With BNC as spotter, he gets the very unusual "Perfect" instead of "Outstanding" or "Very Good" when calculating chance to hit. Haven't seen that in a long while, so I had forgot it actually existed:)

This cries for a screenshot.

waladil

Novice
Yeah, I didn't even know the "perfect" tier existed... until I was playing with a cheated character with ridiculous stats. And a sniper rifle.

Hur Zwa

Novice
Morgen, Kinder, wird's was geben,
morgen werden wir uns freu'n!
Welch ein Jubel, welch ein Leben
wird in unserm Hause sein!
Einmal werden wir noch wach,
heißa, dann ist Blue Sun Mod 2.0 -tag!

Welch ein schöner Tag ist morgen!
Vieler Freuden hoffen wir;
uns'rer lieber R@s sorgen
lange, lange schon dafür.
O gewiß, wer sie nicht ehrt,
ist der ganzen Questreihe nicht wert!

:D

R@S

Scholar
Session 26: Plane Tickets, Bitch!
- Drawing the Enemy Out - Slowmo's M200 Experience - Kestrel is Looking for a Medkit -
- Reaper's Concussion - Rob Yu, the Big Target - Kestrel Comes Up the Rear -

The team travel south again, this time to take over the Airfield.
26_P01.jpg

The Plan
Squad 1: The Brock, Reaper and Rob Yu
Squad 2: Slowmo, BNC and Kestrel
The Brock will act as bait and draw the enemy out from the walled off area, fighting inside it in the daylight leaves the team vulnerable. Slowmo, with BNC as spotter, will be able to attack the enemy at their right flank as they advance on Squad 1's position. Kestrel will do a flanking run as usual.

26_P02kopiera.jpg

26_P04.jpg

One of the enemies are in view as the team enters the sector, Reaper takes him out with a headshot.

26_P03.jpg

The Brock gets company and kindly shows him to the door.

26_P05.jpg

More enemies are on the way, things might get a bit sticky.

26_P06.jpg

One of them takes a moment to deliver a shot at Reaper, which is a bad move since Slowmo has a bead on him.

26_P07.jpg

26_P08.jpg

Kestrel runs into a flanker, they both fire at the same time. Kestrel takes him out but gets wounded as well. When he uses his medkits it runs out before he manages to stop the bleeding, he needs to find more bandages.

26_P09.jpg

Slowmo takes down another enemy with the CheyTac M200.

26_P10.jpg

One of the enemy has used a small hill and have a good position to lay down some fire on Squad 1. The Brock hits the dirt, giving Reaper a clear shot to take the enemy out.

26_P11.jpg

As Kestrel moves up to check the dead body for a medkit, he spots another enemy. He quickly draws his sidearm and takes him down.

26_P12.jpg

26_P13.jpg

He then checks out the first dead body, but no luck.

26_P14.jpg

Reaper gets hit in the head, the helmet saves his life, taking most of the damage. Rob Yu will have to help patch him up.

26_P15.jpg

Kestrel goes to check out the second dead body, he's still bleeding and need to find some bandages soon, or pull back and gets some medical attention from BNC.

26_P16.jpg

Slowmo sweeps his scope across and discovers another enemy.

26_P17.jpg

Even when stripped down, Kestrel still can't find any medkit.

26_P18.jpg

Rob Yu will advance, presenting the enemies with a nice big target. The Brock and Kestrel will use that distraction to take the enemy out.

26_P19.jpg

The Brock manages to take one of the enemies out with a couple of bursts.

26_P20.jpg

26_P21.jpg

The second enemy hears Kestrel and starts moving towards him. The Brock uses that to take him out.

26_P22.jpg

26_P23.jpg

As Rob Yu moves up,a prone enemy takes a shot at him but misses.

26_P24.jpg

Kestrel takes him out.

26_P25.jpg

One enemy has managed tp phase through the wall and appears behind Kestrel.

26_P26.jpg

Another enemy has managed to move behind Kestrel and surprises Slowmo. Since the CheyTac M200 has a limited supply of ammo, he switches to his sidearm and takes him out.

26_P27.jpg

26_P28.jpg

Kestrel finolly get some medical attention from Rob Yu.

26_P30.jpg

As The Brock moves through the gate he spots the final enemy.

26_P31.jpg

The loot was pretty much the same as in the Radio Hill encounter. They did however find an RPG-7 in one of the crates.

26_P32.jpg

The Mayor agrees to the new management.

26_P33.jpg

And the trader buys the loot.

26_P34.jpg

This time the team spends 70000$ on some militia, they also spend some money on reinforcing the Radio Hill.

26_P35.jpg

Back at the Blue Sun Base Tang gives them their reward, 20000$.

26_P36.jpg

Then back to the Army Base, Geroj and HK are now fit for duty.

26_P37.jpg

We have many options for team composition, who should be part of the assault on the Fuel Compound?

26_P38.jpg

26_P39.jpg

26_P40.jpg

26_P41.jpg

26_P42.jpg

26_P43.jpg

Hur Zwa

Novice
Was the headline "Kestrel comes up rear" meant for this screenshot?

26_P18.jpg

:D Funny that he still wears his hat. Might be even better if he wears a helmet...

IceShade

Novice
Oh boy.

I suggest replacing Kestrel for the time being. He deserves some rest :D

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Great LP.

Anyway, installing this mod is a real pita. Someone please post a decent install how to for Win7 x64. I reinstalled an english 7.62 onto my e: partition but then I fail at patching to 1.06.
patchme.bat tells me it can't find some files in windows/system32
directory.a, files.a, azp.exe

How do I make this thing work?

Hur Zwa

Novice
Installation is easy. First install a fresh 7.62 but not in the standard folder (program files) then mount the BSM image or burn it on a CD and install it. You can also choose to install the unofficial patch during the installation of BSM.

If you got 7.62 HC from Gamersgate, no further patching is required for you to install BSM. That's how nice the folks at GG are.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It doesnt seem to work properly. Stats are adjusted (everyone 30exp), portrait is still the same (I use Ivanov), I can't choose special class and I can't seem to use the car that one is supposed to get(?) at the beginning. I can just access the inventory of the car for some ammo and a pistol.
I use the bsm.exe obv, the regular e6.exe will just crash with the mod installed

If the gamersgate version will work flawlessly I'll buy that for a dollar but maybe there is some other issue? Don't want to throw money out the window.

Also, is it still necessary to make some folders read only?

Oh, R@S edited stats for BSM since you have RPG style leveling to make the pace faster than vanilla. The car comes with your first free hired merc and you don't get a car in the beginning. The only thing I can see that's amiss is the lack of class specialization in the beginning. Any ideas R@S?

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The starting mercs are not supposed to have custom portraits, either? This way it just seems like only a few files have been replaced, like a broken mod that's just half installed.

btw is it normal that gamersgate is being such a bitch? didnt even get a confirmation email yet. Any other 7.62 version that's definitely going to work out of the box?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom