Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Hammer & Sickle

Cholo

Arcane
Ji4CEIZ.jpg

Chapter 2: Border Crossing
Chapter 3: Gaffburg
Chapter 4: Defense of Gaffburg
Chapter 5: Elizabeth
Chapter 6: Leaving Gaffbur
g
Chapter 7: Zeizenburg
Chapter 8: The Scorched Bandit
Chapter 9: Fidel & Larry
Chapter 10: Snooping around Zeizenburg
Chapter 11: Wenzburg
Chapter 12: Water Scoop Escape
Chapter 13: Siegfried
Chapter 14: Raid at Bogenschaffen
Chapter 15: Hammer Counterattack
Chapter 16: Hunted
Chapter 17: Ambushed Again
Chapter 18: The Bunker
Chapter 19: The Airfield
Chapter 20: Worm's Lair
Chapter 21: The Crossroads

I hate writing introductions for anything, but this game needs a bit of explaining. It's a turn based squad level tactics game, set during the early Cold War period. It's loosely related to Silent Storm, and Silent Storm: Sentinels, and features fully destructible terrain as well as ragdoll physics. Your units level up as they kill enemies and accomplish goals, and improve their abilities as well as gain skills. There are six classes, and each class has its own skill tree. Since there are no Panzer Kleins in this game, the skill trees have been reworked a little and are different from what you may remember in Silent Storm.

The game features a non linear story, with choices and consequences as well as soft fail states. Many of the choices are not loudly telegraphed which has evidently turned off more than a few people to the game. The dialogue has been translated from Russian, and while it's not bad, it's not good either. The game doesn't seem to have been thoroughly play-tested, and some segments really suffer from this. Many missions also force you into or through some not very creative paths, which can feel constrictive and artificially challenging. Strategic and tactical flexibility are important in games like this, and unfortunately a portion of Hammer & Sickle failed to deliver.

All that said, It's a game I keep coming back to. Part of why I like following the Codex so much is because of the near universal appreciation of 'flawed gems', and Hammer & Sickle is about as flawed and gemmy as they come. I've chosen a path through this game in order to gain specific advantages, but this play through will by no means be definitive. If there are any questions about what could have happened, please feel free to ask. I'm not an expert at this game but I've gotten to see a good amount of it's content.

Inside the spoiler below, there is a flow chart showing the some general paths through the game. I've included it if you want a quick reference to follow along with, or are trying this game out for yourself. Obviously, it may spoil your enjoyment of the play though, so beware.

BVzhkca.jpg

New Game

RNpCG7d.jpg

a0nDexw.jpg

Custom difficulty. Enemies and friendlies should be on equal footing for AP and VP. Level we'll keep at zero, since any higher seems to break the opening mission (this game needed a lot more play testing but we'll talk about that later). Weapon durability set to lowest, don't worry we'll be shooting through guns after two or so firefights anyway, no need to crank it up any higher. This game is pretty silly about how flimsy weapons are. Time set to lowest too. We could set it higher since we won't be screwing around in this play through, but I don't need the headache if something stupid happens.

ddhmJDC.jpg

We pick the scout class, since it makes the very beginning of the game much more manageable, and because the Vanguard skill we'll get makes late game easier as well. Strength is low, Dexterity high, and Intelligence is above average. This game has a few skill checks, and this build should get us through all of them. The PC is referred to as 'The Captain', but we'll give him the nickname Ingush as a nod to a pretty cool Spetz blogger. Yes, I know Ingushetia is a place and not a name.

Mission Briefing

jSwVJIC.jpg

lhaYYKe.jpg

Vh6hrW0.jpg

z0pAgl7.jpg

WMzHLyP.jpg
We've served together since 1941. So I'm going to tell you what's not in the file. Moscow doesn't know about this mission. If you get caught, you'll be labeled a defector. We'll deny all knowledge of your mission.

RHUkazm.jpg
I would expect nothing less.

WMzHLyP.jpg
This task is much more difficult than it seems. I would prefer to go myself than to send you into this mess, old friend.

RHUkazm.jpg
Then tell me, old friend. Why me? I'm a commando, not an intelligence agent.

WMzHLyP.jpg
Officially, it's because you've seen Vaclav. But between us, we don't have a lot of intelligence agents to spare right now. And frankly, you're a lot more expendable.

RHUkazm.jpg
Thanks. But you should know I don't really have intelligence training or diplomatic skills.

fR89Vly.jpg

RHUkazm.jpg
Why?

WMzHLyP.jpg
The stakes have gotten much higher. Some of their leaders are eager to escalate tensions. They want to justify using atomic weapons on us.

RHUkazm.jpg
They haven't used their atomic bombs in four years. And they only dropped A-Bombs on Japan to help end the war.

WMzHLyP.jpg
Yes, but remember that some of their leaders urged them to drop atomic weapons on the Soviet Union instead of Japan – even though we were their allies. Many of those leaders have increased their power. They haven't had enough of war, and seek to spark another global conflict. So you must not fail.

RHUkazm.jpg
What does that have to do with my mission?

WMzHLyP.jpg
I've said too much... The post commander at the border to West Germany has been told to prepare for your insertion into enemy territory. Good luck.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, good luck then. There is one (or two?) abandoned LP from it. I hope this one will be better in it.
Still need to play it by myself despite S2 being my fav tactical game.

I hate writing introductions for anything,
We know it. Starting a new book or text etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great, now I can worry a little less about my LP.

Good luck with this, comrade. :salute:

Cholo

Arcane
Thanks guys! Game's already been finished and recorded, so don't worry about it getting abandoned.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oddly enough, I don't remember actually needing high int for any of the skillchecks. Did ok with just 4 int.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Ingush works as a nickname. Like The German or The Englishman.

Cholo

Arcane
ZE5m7MV.jpg

Vaclav and The Captain served together through The Great Patriotic War

Chapter 2: Border Crossing
wlX4RbM.jpg

lL0c0fz.jpg

DNPunhs.jpg
Right here, Comrade Captain.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Ah, Lieutenant, in case you haven't noticed, there's a US sentry post right there. And two barbed wire fences. And mines.

DNPunhs.jpg
We removed the mines.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Very thoughtful. And you removed the mines from the American side too?

DNPunhs.jpg
The Americans haven't laid their mines in this sector yet.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Good. What about all the American soldiers?

DNPunhs.jpg
They'll all leave in five minutes.

GQxX2MD.jpg
How thoughtful of them.

DNPunhs.jpg
They'll run to the checkpoint.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Why?

DNPunhs.jpg
Just wait five minutes. Oh, and our troops don't know about your secret mission. So please keep your head down until you reach the American side.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Sounds like I'm safer over there.

DNPunhs.jpg
In five minutes, you will be. Got to go. They can't start the show without me.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Well, this isn't the first time my orders make absolutely no sense.

Let's take a look at The Captain's equipment.

LQqI0Oa.jpg

Mikalych gave me this REDICULOUS looking suit. That coverall I had back as a Razvedchik would have been much better suited for this kind of work. I guess HQ is really worried I'll get caught once I cross the border.
An American M3A1 submachine gun with a Bell Labs integral suppressor. An open bolt, blowback operated small arm in .45 ACP. One magazine in the weapon, and a spare of hollow points, not bad. An exotic and capable firearm- lots of knockdown power and the suppressor SHOULD keep the flash hidden. Wonder where supply got it from...
A hand grenade, hope I won't have to use it too soon.
A fixed blade combat knife, and a trio of throwing daggers. Never liked relying on these little guys, hopefully it won't come to that.
Wire cutters. These will be essential for crossing into West Germany.
A medkit. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
Finally, the Lieutenant Colonel entrusted us with nearly three thousand dollars!

Not much in the way of equipment, but without dedicated load bearing equipment I've stuffed my pockets with as much as I can. Any more would have been too noisy to crawl around in.

Now let's see what that young Lieutenant has in store.

There's a Soviet guardhouse to my right, and it's American twin across the border:
1I605RA.jpg

OnoeSnh.jpg

MyIa1rw.jpg

Suddenly, a Soviet tank starts it's engine.
adzNXCB.jpg

ZZiXIvv.jpg

4CsxxcC.jpg
Sir, they stopped at the border. Looks like a joke.

wbad3Ps.jpg
Well, it's a damn stupid joke!

GQxX2MD.jpg
That Lieutenant's a hell of a joker! At least he didn't bring aircraft!

EkayX0q.jpg

Looks like this guy didn't get the message. Let's hope he clears out soon.

gSX16D6.jpg

The wire cutters make short work of the border fence. We can hear Americans off in the distance, but it looks like we're clear.

FsUvvDn.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates should come daily, I'm working ahead to make sure there won't be gaps in the content. Each chapter will be short but self contained.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Never did play this game myself, and haven't gotten around to actually starting my Sentinels LP yet, so will be following with interest. :salute:

Cholo

Arcane
Chapter 3: Gaffburg
vWNcyMm.jpg

Off to Gaffburg, Vaclav's last known location.

UyNhdmI.jpg

OggkOm1.jpg

As we approach the town- BANG
XKFCKtz.jpg

fKJ8eVQ.jpg
What woman? Vaclav had two MEN!

ybJmq7H.jpg
Yes sir. We shot them, sir. But they were with a woman in a uniform.

fKJ8eVQ.jpg
That wasn't in the briefing!

ybJmq7H.jpg
Should we interrogate her, sir?

fKJ8eVQ.jpg
We're out of time. Finish her and let's go.

A woman is walked out of the red brick house
EYkhziK.jpg

And stood in front of the firing squad
BRQPFea.jpg

And shot, just as we sneak in right behind them.
gJm4sQ4.jpg

Five of them clustered together? They're begging for a grenade.
3OfaXqj.jpg

me9jrE4.jpg

The subgun catches a pair of them in enfilade.
tWdljef.jpg

The last one standing is in shock, must be his first time getting shot at. The Captain closes the distance and kills with his bare hands.
YQeJQBR.jpg

Hmm, four Small Magazine Lee Enfield Mk.1's. Don't need these at the moment, but let's pocket the Luger and take a hand grenade to replace the one we threw.
Xeud5H1.jpg

We approach the pile of bodies laying against the bullet scarred wall. One of them is familiar. Very familiar.
HhyTmnF.jpg

GQxX2MD.jpg
Wait. I think the woman is still breathing...

We pick up her body, and bring her inside. To our surprise there is a doctor inside on the first floor! Let's see if he can help.
GOwrkA7.jpg

GQxX2MD.jpg
Shut up. I'm asking the questions. Name, rank, and job.

NFZrjMq.jpg
Henri Gotard. I'm a doctor. They hired me to set up a field hospital here. But I had nothing to do with that... slaughter out there.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Take it easy. How many men were in the captain's squad?

NFZrjMq.jpg
Fifteen. Ten left, after the five you just killed. And they are due to return soon. If I were you I'd get out of here! Wait! What are you doing? That woman's alive and needs my medical assistance!

GQxX2MD.jpg
So assist her.

NFZrjMq.jpg
Very well. Let me take a look...

GQxX2MD.jpg
How is she?

NFZrjMq.jpg
She was very lucky. I can stabilize her wounds. For... shall we say, five hundred dollars?

1HJe2rn.jpg

NFZrjMq.jpg
Glad you are reasonable. Lay her down over there, and I'll take care of her. She'll be OK now. She still needs rest, but she should be up by tomorrow.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Who is she?

NFZrjMq.jpg
I don't know. She came with the three men who the captain executed.

GQxX2MD.jpg
who did they come to see?

NFZrjMq.jpg
The captain. The one you, er...

GQxX2MD.jpg
Killed. Yes. Tell me about him.

NFZrjMq.jpg
I avoided him as much as possible. He was a dangerous character, just like, ah...

GQxX2MD.jpg
Like me. Yes. Why did he kill those men?

NFZrjMq.jpg
I don't know. It seemed to have something to do with the fact that their leader was Polish.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Possibly... What else do you know?

NFZrjMq.jpg
Nothing. I didn't ask questions. I patched up their combat wounds, and they left me alone. All I know is some people around here hate them.

GQxX2MD.jpg
What will you do now that he's dead?

NFZrjMq.jpg
This work is too terrifying. I'm going back to private practice. Konrad said I could go back to private practice when the captain left.

Well, shit. Let's take a look around town.

Q3FpZZM.jpg

Some old men are standing around in the yard across the way. The shooting must have attracted the whole village's attention. Suddenly, one of them calls out to The Captain.

irY1lOD.jpg

AxXHuth.jpg
Herr officer! Herr officer! Herr officer, we saw you plugging those outlaws! Please accept our thanks.

GQxX2MD.jpg
At ease, soldier!

AxXHuth.jpg
Herr officer. Gregor saw a car headed this way. They'll be here soon.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Any of you serve in the army?

AxXHuth.jpg
Yes, Herr Officer. All of us. We can use weapons. We just don't have any.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Take them from the bodies. And if you have time, please dispose of the bodies.

AxXHuth.jpg
Thank you, Herr Officer! Right away!

More experience, we've leveled up a few times since the start of the game.
IldyWHe.jpg

The villagers set up behind cover, or patrol the roads. We're expecting ten unfriendlies, and if they're smart, they'll drop off shooters all around us and encircle the town. This could get hairy. We'll pick a little spot and wait to ambush any returning enemies.
goVDEsQ.jpg

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Ah, the memories.
Might as well finish my no-guns scout run of this game I guess.

Maybe this run I'll get the entire squad out alive at the end.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I should grab this game on auction site. Is there any required patch (official or not/fanmade) and maybe mod?

Cholo

Arcane
Patch 1.15 is a must IIRC

The first patch for the English version of Hammer & Sickle was just released. It was put together by the lead developer of the game, but it's still not an official patch. Therefore you can't expect support from the publisher if something goes wrong. That being said, here's a list of fixes:
  • Gaffburg location, the battle with the second wave of attackers with the preliminary draft of allies. If the enemy attacked in a fistfight, sometimes the allies became hostile to the main hero. Fixed.
  • The plot branch with ambushes, ambush in Gaffburg, the player looses the radio. If after the combat but prior to exit to the global map Siegfried died there were no further plot progress. Fixed. Now with the next exit to the global map there is a video with the group execution and a 'Game Over'.
  • Final combat on the Highway location. One of the groups of enemies could be placed the way when one of the units was inside the wall. As a result he lost an ability to move and was hard to find and therefore to finish the combat. Fixed.
  • In the Smith's house it was possible to open both a safe with documents and a mine-studded bureau. This got the player confused because the documents from the safe and from the bureau had different date of the terror acts stated in them. Fixed. Now opening one container leads to automatic deletion the documents from the second container.
  • If the player had visited the Prison location prior to his meeting with Gunter, Gunter didn't react to the request to forge the ID. Fixed.
  • When fulfilling the quest with Fidel after the ambush activation on the Forest location, the game could get 'hung' while trying to hire Fidel, as he tries to talk to dead Forester. Fixed.
  • Some incorrect parameters of the weaponry fixing tools are fixed.
  • Some texts spelling is fixed (thanks to David Marchand).
  • Some other cosmetic changes have been implemented.
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/5047-hammer-sickle-unofficial-english-patch/

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/unofficial-english-patch-1.15-h-and-s/

Cholo

Arcane
Chapter 4: Defense of Gaffburg

Just before 10:00 PM, a trio of returning soldiers walk right past The Captain, all wearing that same mysterious dark uniform. They must be exhausted from patrolling all day to have been so blind! Let's take advantage of their sloppiness.
AIA62Sp.jpg

The first fireteam is dispatched quickly, we move on to engage the second one, even though it's pushing the limits of what The Captain can expect from his rusty shooting skills. Lob enough bullets their way and surely something will stick.
lRYoF1N.jpg

The Captain's weapon runs dry, so we scavenge a rifle from one of the dead soldiers.
A Geweher 33/40. A shortened, lightweight variant of the Karabiner 98 Kurtz. I ease the bolt back, just a little and discover an internal magazine filled with five 7.92 rounds. This guy never fired a shot- the weapon's in immaculate condition! Longer sight radius, more powder burn and a much bigger cartridge, this weapon will make distance shooting much easier for us. That is if I don't run out of ammo first.
Yy6f7Rq.jpg

Who are these jokers?
0MAhOnI.jpg

We work our way back to where we found Vaclav, dispatching these mysterious shooters as we go.
The last one standing is bleeding out and in shock, so The Captain decides to have a little fun with him. Throw a few of those knives we brought, and then finish the mysterious enemy off with some hand to hand.
o4Z9miR.jpg

We lost two villagers in the firefight, which isn't so bad considering the odds and their lack of practice. The enemy lost nine... Wonder where the tenth one is? Looks like one of them also dropped a field radio.
TDcBwX7.jpg

Let's collect all of the dropped equipment we can carry, then we can get it inside and sort through what's useful and what's junk.
nslxsMA.jpg

While we're at it, we'll bring that radio in too.
YhX5tqj.jpg

The radio gets set up on the second floor, right above the Doc's office. It's getting pretty late...
DKSoQUX.jpg

Downstairs, we see a man in overalls pacing around his workshop. We approach.
c6jkY8C.jpg

ALNMzGI.jpg
I got no problems.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Wrong. My friend was shot outside your house. That makes it your problem.

ALNMzGI.jpg
What was I supposed to do? I didn't even know about it until I heard the shots!

GQxX2MD.jpg
This is your last chance to confess any way you collaborated with them.

ALNMzGI.jpg
All I did was let them stay here! ...And I kept my mouth shut about their weapons.

GQxX2MD.jpg
I like a man who can keep his mouth shut about weapons. I need a place to stay.

ALNMzGI.jpg
Is that all? You scarred the hell out of me! Take a bunk on the second floor.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Thank you.

ALNMzGI.jpg
I'm Conrad.

JcBWM1i.jpg

ALNMzGI.jpg
Well, please don't touch my equipment. Some of it is booby trapped. And please don't upset my mother-in-law or touch her engraving equipment. She's a good woman, but... troubled.

GQxX2MD.jpg
Engraving equipment? As in creating official documents and seals?

ALNMzGI.jpg
Ah, yes, that was her profession. She made authentic-looking documents to help us survive the war.

GQxX2MD.jpg
A good woman, indeed.

Upstairs, at the lockers across from the bunks we can store some extra gear:
tbW6QAi.jpg

The Captain is getting tired, and we'll need to question the woman. Nowhere to go and not much to do until she recovers. Lets get a good long sleep in- don't know when we'll get a chance like this again.
tAvrVB4.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a short update, so I'm going to post some thoughts on the game so far in addition. I think the LP will succeed in showing dialogue, setting, story and a few of the choices you'll encounter, but it's going to miss a lot of the finer points. Specifically, where exactly the game is fun to play and where it isn't.

Border Crossing:

Short, straightforward mission. Good idea, though it relies on the SS stealth system which isn't very deep. Starting character has low sneak skill, so guards will likely hear you, approach you and then see you. If you set the enemy AI at a higher level forget about completing this mission. Also, all Soviet and American guards are invincible and will one hit kill you every time. Makes for a very frustrating introduction to the game.

Firing squad:

Tactically inflexible. Starts you a few feet away from five enemies. Run backwards, they'll interrupt and shoot you. Run behind the building, they'll interrupt and shoot you. You're forced to stand your ground and use your grenade, then whatever weapon you have- hope you hit and they miss. It removes any tactics from the game and makes you rely on random dice rolls. A puzzle with one answer, which you may or may not get right depending on how the game feels. That's two strikes right off the bat.

Gaffburg Patrol:

Finally, a fun mission. Four friendly villagers armed with bolt action rifles, and three enemy fireteams. They will randomly spawn at a few pre-designated spots around the map making them less predictable and for the most part do a good job sticking together giving the illusion of working as a unit. Good mix terrain, a few multi level houses to hide in, plus trees, bushes and hay bales for cover. The game responds to your earlier choices here: if you were greedy and took the SMLEs that were dropped by the firing squad previously, the village militia won't be able to arm themselves and help you.

Lots of re-playability from this mission- a good low stakes firefight. Any friendly that dies here has a grave dug for them when you return to Gaffburg, with a cross and even flowers. Great touch. Almost no enemies carry any spare magazines, and it really starts to show on this map. They seem to have unlimited ammo but forget about scavenging any ammunition that wasn't sitting in the gun. This, in concert with the not-very-durable firearms will get more and more frustrating as we go on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you're all enjoying so far, and maybe thinking of picking this game up and giving it a chance if you haven't already.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
As bad as the Gaffburg entry fight seems, it might be possible to run, take cover and play more tactically.

oscar

Arcane
Cool stuff, I got a bit further than this but messed something up and never got around to finishing it.

I imagine a lot of fresh players would have also lost the chance to get the shot girl from the start of the mission as an NPC as it requires you to pick her up and take her to the doc (first time I did the map I assumed she was already dead and unimportant so left her until I read a guide).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Nah man, it's kind of hard to miss. Though a friend of mine did decide to immediately sleep after the first fight, with predictable results. :lol:

Honestly she's more than worth the investment.
FUCK IT, I'm a finish my no guns run, my LP be damned.

oscar

Arcane
I thought it was a "look how evil these guys are shooting unarmed women and civilians" scene and didn't quite realise how interactive and non-hand holding this game was.

It's quite cool and unexpected how many things actually elicit a response from the game. Very subtle, action-based C&C rather than the flashing "do you wish to make decision x or y" stuff you usually get.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Yeah, although the lethality of combat kinda ruins challenge by making first blood=win.

I really, really wish this game were longer.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oddly enough, I don't remember actually needing high int for any of the skillchecks. Did ok with just 4 int.
With 5 int chance for some encounters to succeed favorably are probably around 50%. Maybe you were lucky or actually missed one or two options without noticing.
I played it through once with an Int 2 scout on hardest difficulty (eventually Int 4 or 5 which made things a little easier). It's possible but some Int encounters required quite a bit of reloading, for example
if you want to recruit Moshe when you extort the JEWeler

btw I found setting enemy levels higher made SS games actually easier because you level up way quicker. But the first two sectors in H&S were a real bitch to play that way.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
[quote="Thor Kaufman, post: 3111669, member: 8140"
if you want to recruit Moshe when you extort the JEWeler
[/quote]
Cool, I thought he was exclusive to the fuckup route.
btw I found setting enemy levels higher made SS games actually easier because you level up way quicker. But the first two sectors in H&S were a real bitch to play that way.
Oh man, the convoy is hell with a melee scout, if your idea of tactics is- "charge" or "charge screaming". :negative:

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
you can get Moshe right from the start as well iirc, i.e. when you kill Conrad for ze german arms dealer. In fact by the end of the game you can have a full roster of RPCs, minus the girl at the very end

Melee is fine but throwing knives are the real deal. On low levels of difficulty one can probably even win the game with a sniper but on high difficulty Vanguard and Hide (i.e. Scout basically, the only other class with Vanguard is soldier class) are a must because enemies hide AND have vanguard as skill themselves (not sure if at difficulty 3 but definitely at difficulty 4).
I'm not sure how the game computes who gets the first turn when both enemy and player character are hidden and have vanguard, interrupt probably comes into play. At that level it's critical because everything is basically instagib and even with metagaming it's incredibly hard.

:salute: Never did get around to trying this.

Any chance you could show us the dead end endings?
Hey man, there are LOTS but I'll try and snap a few more.
If necessary I could post some, too, should still have the savegames.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
That's what I meant by fuckup route, and yeah, that's what the demo consisted of-
The demo starts with you and Elisabeth having presumably killed Conrad, and then in the forest you meet Karl and Moshe. Being polite and non-curt with Grandpa means Moshe joins you as you go to Zeizenburg to meet Fidel. There he gets arrested, and then it's the jailbreak part. Ironically, doing it the non-violent way means you get a lower score.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom