Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Let's murder some elves in Blood Bowl on FUMBBL (Now recruiting!)

What race(s) best represents glorious Kodexia? (Read OP before voting!)

• Undead! Even in Derp we still serve...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aren't Ogres a very difficult team to use?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Humans are probably a good team to start with. They're rolling (get it?) in team and skill rerolls, which make them very forgiving for bad coaches like newbies and RK.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You shouldn't play humans. For too long anyway.
They're an average team that lacks focus and only gives an illusion of competence while providing versatile options.

Most of your moves are 50-50 gambles that gives you a false sense of confidence and bravado until a critical turnover crashes your crucial play during playoff.
Not to mention other teams laugh at you when they achieved their 'end game' while you struggle to imagine why did you take this team through 40 games only to see a brick wall at the end of the road?
There's a limit to what you can achieve with this team, but the outlook is good at the start. You'll have fun.

Plus: It felt good when they laugh at you and lower their chin enough for you to Mighty Blow them on the face.
No other team in the league has 4x 7 MA guys with Mighty Blows on Normal Roll.

stabby

Learned
So I heard there was a sudden opening on the team, well I guess I can take a break from my busy schedule to help out... I was hearing something about being able to afford a 2nd witch-elf?

- Why are we going to fail horribly without you on the team?
Well, as evidenced as the last season of the F13 league (also featured in this very board) I have proven to be quite adaptable, first at being a high scoring catcher with sure feet, sprint, and diving catch, while at the same time leading my own team to a record of 0-1*-6, with the draw being due to scheduling conflicts. As you can see, I would be a highly valued member of your coaching staff.

.... shit, wait, you said fail without me? Err, guess I'd better stick to being a player then.

- What is your trademark move for injuring opposing players?
Injuring players? You mean intentionally? My word, why would I do such a thing?! I am a very good sport, helping the other players up if they need a hand, and giving them a hug when they truly need it, even if they refuse. Injure them, how absurd a thought. (Oh, keep in mind those reports of strangulation and knives mysteriously being slipped between their ribs during these hugs are simply accusations with no basis whatsoever. I've yet to see any photographic or video evidence to even merit the thought that I would let myself get caught that easily.)

- Which race (in your opinion) best represents the soul of the codex?
High Elves. Monocled to say the least, with that hint of faggotry because they're elves as well. Lack of early skills kind of makes em as useful as newfags in the beginning as well.

- What is your favourite food and drink?
One part Poutine, one part Smoked Meat. Deliciousness that will clog your arteries every time, and goes oh so well with a beer (or after a few beers to help one sober up that much quicker!)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I should probably take this oppertunity to repeat my offer from the OP. If anyone wants to play an unranked game (or a ranked one with a team of similar TV (so long as it isn't fucking dwarves)), let me know. We can set it up on FUMBBL, take as long as you like on turns and I can give you tips and pointers if you like.

stabby

Learned
I should probably take this oppertunity to repeat my offer from the OP. If anyone wants to play an unranked game (or a ranked one with a team of similar TV (so long as it isn't fucking dwarves)), let me know. We can set it up on FUMBBL, take as long as you like on turns and I can give you tips and pointers if you like.

I may take you up on that actually, have a basic grasp of the rules ('basic' meaning I'm a terrible player regardless), but I do need some hands on time with the client to de-Cyanide myself. Perhaps later in the week when I can get a team put together and (hopefully) approved?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

I may take you up on that actually, have a basic grasp of the rules ('basic' meaning I'm a terrible player regardless), but I do need some hands on time with the client to de-Cyanide myself. Perhaps later in the week when I can get a team put together and (hopefully) approved?

Approval is automatic nowadays. But if you don't follow the naming guidelines, it'll eventually get renamed/deleted when an uppity mod spots it. If you make it in [L]eague instead of ranked or box, noone cares much if you keep playing against the same people. I'll gladly give you a [L]eague match or a [R]anked against KKK or Tip M'Lady. But if we're playing [R], expect the failures of the match to be featured in this LP :P

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

I may take you up on that if I ever manage to figure out the rules :codexisfor:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
JqMqs2Q.png

I meant to get this done last update, but I didn't expect it to take 3 hours to make graphics for and commentate a 40-minute game. I'll have to find a way to streamline the process or be a bit more :jew: with the Kustom Piktures if I don't want to burn out.
Anyway, the main team is made on fumbbl and played 2 matches so far. Here's the team stats from FUMBBL:

p7Irj2x.png

I know it's pretty tame by Kodex standards. But I wasn't kidding when I said FUMBBL staff is just looking for an excuse to be offended.

LTb3VKa.png

Goonland Grave Diggers vs Kodex Kool Krew

( Match stats and replay on FUMBBL ]

Kickoff!
It's another lovely day on the pitch. Weather is perfect for Blood Bowl. Not too sunny, not too humid, no blizzard covering the pitch in snow. The goonland Grave Diggers win the coin toss and elect to recieve. We use our standard 11-man all-purpose defending setup. (Any suggestions for a catchy name for this formation?)

The ogres are scary players. With 5 strength and Mighty Blow, we can't just expect to get away with marking them all game like we did against the lizards. On the other hand, snotlings are extremely squishy. My plan for this match is to minimize contact with the ogres and attempt to murder as many snotlings as possible. With 2 Agility and Bone Head, the ogres are supremely bad at working with the ball. If I can take out the snotlings, I effectively deny him any chance at scoring.

Shitnipples, RK47 and Drew lose the draw and get to spend tirst turn on the Line of Sacrifice™.
We manage a solid scatter on the kickoff yet again (seriously, all our kick off scatters have been near-perfect). The kickoff event is briliant coaching. Once again, the bonus reroll from brilliant coaching is claimed by yours truly.
:smug:
mhWsLal.png

The snotlings all fall back towards the ball. None of them have the MA to pick it up this turn, but their cover is pretty solid. Meanwhile, the ogres tear into the Line of Sacrifice. RK and Shittynipples deftly dodge the ponderous monsters. Drew is not so lucky however. instead of dodging the blow, he leans into it. A sickening crunch echoes across the stadium and fans of the ogres cheer wildly as his lifeless corpse hits the grass.
Zs0ZHat.png

:salute: RIP Drew. You zigged when you should have zagged. :salute:

First half, turn 4
The ogres prove to be a lot harder to contain than the saurii were. Scrooge and Jaedar manage to threaten the snotlings as they move up to their big guys. Bright Bison (The ogre that killed Drew) lands a solid punch on Scrooge, stunning her momentarily. Jaedar is still too close for comfort for the ogres however. Muddy Bud the snotling makes a handover of the ball to Stud Guppy, who is standing next to an ogre. The tiny snotling fits neatly in the hand of the pondering ogre, who attempts to throw his team mate down the pitch. the throw is solid, but the landing leaves much to be desired. Stud Guppy is stunned on landing and drops the ball. This may be the opening we were looking for! Whitewolf is free in the enemy half, having recently pummeled a snotling so hard it was carried off the pitch bleeding!
QAHPCB0.png

RK is brought up to assist against the ogre the team is struggling with and ERYFKRAD knocks it to the ground, removing its tackls zones from our players. Roxor sprints for the and passes towards Undead Phoenix. Rather than letting his teammate catch the ball for a handoff and touchdown, RK47 decides to "impress" me by intercepting the throw. since he has already moved this turn, our counteroffensive is stalled nect to the enemy ogres!
:x
BfOFpNV.png

The ogres converge on our hastily erected ball cage around RK. Nuffle smiles on us when one of the ogres fails its bone Head roll and loses its tackle zones. RK makes a 3+ handoff to shittynipples. Needing only a 2+ dodge and a +2 pass to get the ball to Scrooge, it looks like we're about to take the lead.

Naturally, Nipples rolls a 1 on the pass, dropping the ball at his feet instead.
rxqv6gW.png

:rage:

With that, the game devolves into a mosh pit. RK47 is Badly Hurt by an ogre and Azira is carried unconscious off the pitch after multiheaded snotlings hits his ass and thigh. We give as good as we get though. The vast majority of the snotlings are taken out of commission. If they don't wake up, we should be sitting pretty for the second half.
J4E7IzV.jpg

Well. That went about as well as could be expected. The ogres did a lot better on bone head rolsl than what would be considered reasonable and they tore into us. I'm dissapointed in the 2 misfired passes. Both of those would've been a guaranteed touchdown if they had been passed. Roxor and Nipples bring great shame to the pointy-eared faggot nations.

On the bright side, we prevented them from scoring. We're recieving in the next half and we should outnumber them on the pitch. If we can avoid getting drawn into a Happy Fun Ogre Mosh Pit, we should come out on top. I don't intend for a boring 1-0 scoreline though. I want you guys to come out of the gate kicking, screaming and biting. Score as fast as you possibly can. We'll probably have time to make a 2-0 win out of this yet.

Kickoff!
As we expected, the ogres set up aggressively on the line of scrimmage. They're too big and tough for us to do much about without ganging up on them. I'm a bit surprised about the decision to place 2 of the remaining snotlings in exposed positions, but I guess he wanted to stop me from getting 3+ assists on an ogre for a 2D block.

Jaedar is given Quarterback duty, since he is 1spp away from gaining a skill. We set up to sweep past the ogres on one of the flanks for a fast TD.
aYcWBg5.png

Jaedar executes a flawless rush and pass to Scrooge, who takes off towards the endzone like a bat out of hell. Undead Phoenix and Whitewolf move around the ogres to screen her from getting blitzed. Meanwhile, Stompa and Eryfkrad tear into the enemy team mates because why the fuck not. The fans want blood after all. The ogres are unable to get any players close to Scrooge and she scores in the next turn!
U5oLma9.png

T1OslyH.png

2nd half, 2nd drive
We lose our advantage of numbers. Most of the snotlings that were KO'ed in the first half wake up. Azira remains asleep in the KO box, no doubt dreaming of glory undeserved. RK is whimpering in the casualty box and Drew is quiet on account of being dead and all.

The ball scatter is fine. If we can dodge past the ogres before the snotlings bring the ball up to them, we should be able to make this 2-0.
olwyw9D.jpg

Roxor and Nipples use their superiour elven agility to slip out of the midfield brawl to threaten the ball carrier
hJ980zk.png

The snotlings try to slip the balls past us. The initial handoff is successful. They then get greedy and attempt to pass th eball for a spp, which results in a fumble and a turnover. :incline:
zXgr1rr.png

Nuffle decides to be an asshat at this point. Jaedar wastes the teams last reroll by blocking into double skulls. The ogres are quick to collapse on our ball defenders. As Scrooge goes down stunned, she manages to kick the loose ball in direction of Stompa, who grabs it. He then dodges free of the brawl and transfers the ball to Roxor. Remembering the catastrophic failed Go For Its of our last match, Roxor elects not to sprint when we're out of rerolls. He has dodge, the ogres don't have block and are out of rerolls too. The only way he can get attacked is by the ogre passing a bonehead roll, 2 Go For Its and rolling a clean pow (1 in 6 chance) on his block die.
jU3i3uz.png

Everything seems to be going our way. Since it's close to impossible for us to make it 3-0, we decide to gamble a but before scoring and go for maximum style points. Roxor already got his skill, but Stompa needs SPP. He is moved up and Roxor makes a quick pass to transfer the ball. The ogres are pummeling their way towards us, but Roxor should be able to defens against their advances.
XYEPWor.png

But Nuffle has other plans. Hands up now. How many of you saw this coming? RK was practically tearing his hair out in the shoutbox at this point. :smug:
YNxD1T8.png

Nut Nuffle rewards our faith in his fickle whims with glorious Casualties. Scrooge knocks another snotling unconscious. Roxor settls for prone. But Stompa gets a solid badly hurt for a satisfying crunchy noise and 2SPP.
:incline:
gtIRnNc.png

He fails his 3+ pickup however and our turn ends. The ogre punches him across the endzone line and into the crowd where he is promptly knocked unconscious. The ball scatteres onto the ogre, who grabs it with a bemused expression.
PW4xxfd.png

With only 1 turn to go, there is nothing either team can do to affect the outcome of the match, save punch at each other for the glory of Nuffle and the hope of his blessing in the form of casualties!

Scrooge was on a roll this match. Much as I'd like to argue the choice of giving her MVP, it's hard to contest that she scored our only touchdown. 8 SPP brings her total up to 11 and her first skill-up. Scrooge herself picked Diving Tackle in the shoutbox I guess if she's going to keep up her uncanny ability to trip over her own feet, she may as well bring someone down with her.
Darth Roxor continues to impress. The Protato is the first reliable rookie witch elf I've seen in years. But rookie no longer! A completion and a very satisfying casualty on a Snotling brings his total up to 7. Since Roxor was not present at the time of the skill roll, I have elected to give him Block to make him punch better.
Since Jaedar bribed the officials to give him the MVP last match, I made sure he got a completion in this game. 6SPP is just enough to bring him to 6SPP and a skill-up. A cautious and sensible coach would have given him Dodge or Sidestep. Maybe even fend. But the shoutbox insisted that this was boring, so he became a stripper instead. Those are always handy to have.
RK47 continues his tradition of being gone from the match. A punch from an ogre sent him into the cas box in a fetal position during the first half. It would seem he is not yet used to his lithe, elven body.
Drew leaves us after only one match. Rest in Peace, bro. :salute: Your gene-seed has been recovered and we will probably clone you at some point.
7i3fa2W.png

A combination of bad dice luck and me still being rusty led to a much closer match than I expected. Ogres are hilariously unreliable, but these guys didn't fail any bone head rolls until the second half. Still, I can't complain. 3 completions, a touch down and 3 casualties makes for a delectable harvest of star player points. It is a pity Drew had to die, but that's just how the game is some days. It was highly likely we would receive some kind of injuries going up against a bunch of ogres. We knew the risks going into the match, and Drew died a manly death. Mainly because it came so suddenly he didn't have time to scream or soil himself.

It was a satisfying match nonetheless. 6 casualties and plenty of KOs is nothing to scoff at. The fans sure got their money's worth this game. Just look at how Nuffles blessings are smeared all over the pitch! :incline:
QCRZODy.png

We could—and probably should—have scored 2 or 3 touchdowns. But SOMEONE kept the rolls of 1 on 2+ agility checks flowing in a steady stream. Still. A win is a win. I would rather have an entertaining narrow win (or even loss) than a safe, boring stall-fest. The fans seem to agree, as our Fan Factor rose for the second match in a row.
pYXXNIT.png

:incline:

With 60k winnings, our War Chest now has 110k Jewgoldz in it. This allows to buy one of several things.
- A reroll for 100k. Additional team coherency in the form of rerolls will help us avoid embarrasing turnovers.
- An apothecary for 50k. This one-use-per-match upgrade allows us to re-roll an injury result, possibly avoiding career ending injuries like the one that felled drew
- A lineman (70k), Runner (80k) or Assassin (90k). We're currently one player down. LRB6 is more forgiving than the LRB I'm used to in this regard. We're granted enough journeyman linemen to bring us up to 11 players. They're like regular linemen, except we lose them after the match and they have a 50% chance of rerolls they use being wasted (Loner trait). I'm not a fan of journeymen, as they always seem to soak up precious Star Player Points that could be going to permanent players.
- A blitzer (100k). Alongside the Apo, a Blitzer is probably the smart upgrade. DE blitzers are really solid and we want 4 of them on the roster ASAP anyway.
- A witch elf (110k). The idiotic choice. We still only have 2 rerolls and witches still have an affinity for gobbling up rerolls like czech prostitutes and trucker cocks.

We'll naturally be going with the Witch elf. :troll:

ERYFKRAD and Stompa are both 1 TD away from gaining a skill. Priority will be to get them a skillup next match.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
diving tackle blitzer

@________________________@
He lets his "allies" pick skillups for him.

Ball stripper is actually a nice pick for a blitzer on an elf team. Since you can rather easily pick the ball up in a TZ, guaranteeing it goes on the floor is the important part. I think blodger is a bit better for such low TV though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Trying to get us another game...

d6DfTkh.png

Coaches don't seem to wanna pway

[edit]

Disregard that. Our d0rfs got a gaym!

I'm going to stick to describing the DE matches fo rnow. I can't build up the enthusiasm for making 2 3-hr updates in a day.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
diving tackle blitzer

@________________________@

I asked in Shoutbox after the game (since we had 6 people spectating live). I listed both good and bad options, but Scrooge demanded Diving Tackle. I figured since the player was named after her (and tripping over her own feet is her signiature move) it was fitting.

I may take you up on that if I ever manage to figure out the rules :codexisfor:

Sure thing. Let me know if and when it pleases you. I think I have an old Legendary Edition of cyanides crappy clieny floating around somewhere as well if you'd rather have pretty pixels and shitty UI. :p

He lets his "allies" pick skillups for him.
If youhave any desired skills, you're welcome to list them. I won't guarantee I'll pick them, but you're welcome to try and influence me. :smug:
DT and SB are definitely "weaker" choices than making the blitzers blodgers. But we're building the team for entertainment value. If I was going to be sensible aobut this, we'd have gone 4 blitzers 0 witches and I'd have bought an APO after the first match. :P

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
If you ever need another placeholder.

- Why are we going to fail horribly without you on the team?

As virtually every LP incarnation of mine has shown, you need me to be the team shit-shield. If I am not there to routinely screw everything up and take all the injury rolls, you might lose some of your actually useful characters.

- What is your trademark move for injuring opposing players?

I tend to fail so catastrophically that my opponents fall over and die from laughter.

- Which race (in your opinion) best represents the soul of the codex?

Snotlings, a bunch of high-maintenance, low-impact, pushovers that rely on slow, inconsistent developers ogres to be relevent. Also, a lot of fun to watch from a distance.

- What is your favourite food and drink?

:kfc:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
-.- i will die until i become an assassin

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So you're volunteering for permanent LoS duty then? Works for me.

We just finished out third match. Scrooge was total MVP for a change, gaining us our first bonafide casualty on an elven faggot and single-handedly stopping an enemy catcher who was within 1 turn of scoring. I'll do the update tomorrow night since they seem to take 2-4 hours to make.

Drew

Savant
Hey, if we're allowed reincarnations, I'll volunteer for the line of death suicide murder sacrifice scrimmage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom