Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (PBEM) - Game 2

Hellraiser

Arcane
Power Rankings 2225

Believers leading overall and in everything but two categories. Gaians are leading in Wealth. And the Hive is still leading in Military power.

ranking2225.png~original

Spartans nose dive after the recent defeats, the University takes their place as Planet's 4th power. The decline of the Spartan Federation is strong.

All quiet on the jungle front.

machete-kills-banner-620x248.jpg

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
The re-unification of Gaia had been taxing at first. The sudden addition of a large (and rapidly growing) new population had taxed Gaia's generous welfare system though Deidre knew that credits were a small sacrifice for the peace and harmony of all Gaians. While cultural differences remained betwen "north" and "south" Gaians it could now be said that Gaia was finally whole again. No doubt this task had been aided by the harrowing footage of burned out Spartan bases across the jungle and aerial footage of massive columns of tired Spartan citizens forced to abandon the jungle and march south at gunpoint. Even Santiago's ever-dwindling "loyalists" were left scratching their heads at that one. Unlike much of Planet, the equal citizens of Gaia were freely allowed to express their opinions and thoughts (within reasonable limits) without fear of violence or nerve-stapling.

Better to let the fools embarrass themselves of their own accord. Every soldier and civilian had their own pet theory about the increasingly bizarre actions of "Mad Colonel" and her lackeys. Was this some form of scorched earth strategy on a massive scale? An attempt to re-locate out of range of Triumvirate air power? Were the rumours true that Santiago herself had been seduced by her new Chief of Staff (who captured Spartans only referred to as "Irenaeus")?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
fFCLigl.png

“When the Lord commands, do it!”

Following in the footsteps of the good prophet Joseph Smith, we have heeded the Voice from on High and act in accordance with the Divine Will. Our adoption of plural marriage in 2216 A.D. and our holy effort to plant our fields ever since has not gone unnoticed, for the Lord God rewards good deeds as swiftly as he punishes wickedness. Brothers have been endowed with supernatural prowess in their plowing business, and Angels of fruitfulness have blessed our sisters with great endurance and appropriately subservient minds. Through the Holy Spirit they have understood that to suffer through childbirth is to suffer with Christ, and that their fleeting pain is but nothing compared to the joy of bringing new Believers into the world (John 16:21).

Nowhere is the approval of the Lord God more evident than in the Believing growth rate. From being close to negative during the turn of the century, the rate has now exceeded an astounding 50 per cent! "Impossible!" the foolish unbelievers cry out, dumbfounded by years of slothful excess, used to wasting nutrients, energy and precious space in their evil pursuit of "pleasure". Yet as the saying goes: where there is a will, there is a way! In this case, the will is the Divine Will of the Almighty God!

Much unlike the spoiled and bloated sinners of the University or Morgan Industries, true Believers live frugally, content with the absolute minimum resources necessary for physical well-being. We are happy with our lot and gratefully accept our daily nutri-soy rations as Manna from Heaven. Unlike fleshly Israel, who cursed their provisions and were burnt with holy fire for their rebelliousness, we do not ask for more than we need. In return, we enjoy something far greater than mere earthly riches: the blessing of true, spiritual luxury as co-heirs with Christ! We trust in the Lord, and the Lord provides!

Repossessed hab complexes intended for Morganic Moguls now provide ample room for thousands of faithful families! Liberated Morganite and Spartan girls, reeducated in Christ by means of the Miriam Youth Program, are overjoyed to marry into the Theocratic Kingdom. Our twelve tribes in New Eden grow rapidly, sustained by kelp-harvesting fleets and a dozen new Boreholes! At the same time, Morganic transport networks have been put to far greater use than mere sightseeing, pleasure trips and worm safari expeditions. Robotic trucks, hydrofoil transports and passenger needlejets now carry myriads of Believers across vast territories, filling and subduing Planet in accordance with the prophetic commandment. In the words of Prophetess Miriam:

Hellraiser

Arcane

Buzz TV Nodecast Headlines

Sol 03/08/2226 19:00 HST

BuzzTV5.png~original

General Communard announces the success of the first phase of Operation Machete. Training Camp is secure and free from Genocidal Spartan forces. A combined triumvirate air and ground assault has left its defenders, to use a term coined by known fascists worshipped in the Spartan "Federation", Shocked and Awe'd. The severely outnumbered and under-equipped Spartan forces proved to be no match for the Forces of Peace!

Immediate cease fire proposed by "Brother" Lal has been deemed impossible by Chairman Yang, unless Spartan presence disappears entirely from the Monsoon Jungle and the northern part of the western half of Landmass Two. The terms would also need negotiating, to better fit with the pacifist objectives of the Monsoon Jungle War of Peace and prevent future genocide. Genocide to which the Peacekeepers failed to react for decades. Peace is possible, but only on terms that promote solid future peace on Landmass Two and the safety of Gaia.

Machete don't truce! (At least not just when I created a snazzy map for the operation you think I'm gonna truce and cancel the thing before it happens?)

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
BELIEVE-NET NEWS UPDATE

4 April, 2226 A.D.

RN9FMEK.png

Planet Blight sweeps New Eden! Chief-Elder Hoadley Jr. the younger, Expert of Wood of the Melchizedek Priesthood, has declared false worship to be the cause of the outbreak. Several trees may have been converted to vile Asherah poles by vicious apostate cultists, and it stands to reason that the Lord allowed plague demons free reign so as to draw our attention to these covenant-breakers. The Purity Patrol is on the case, and rest assured, all sinners will be found. In the meantime, we should all rejoice in the fact that the anger of our righteous Father was so easily placated, as it speaks volumes for our good standing in the divine arrangement!

Morganites nearly eliminated! With our liberation of Sunny Mesa and the last Morganic coastal base, the once so proud and lavish Whore of Babylon is now in her final death throes! Holed up in Morgan Construction with a mere 40,000 followers, CEO Nwabudike Morgan and his moguls can but watch in horror as the final part of the prophecy of Revelation chapter 18 is fulfilled. Praise be!

Crusaders liberate Spartan base! The Lord's Believers are fully dedicated to peace and therefore take the proposal to end the conflict very seriously. The Elders of Zion are considering the matter most prayerfully, and shall likely arrive at a consensus within a year, perhaps two. In the meantime, our crusaders at the front have secured yet another victory for the Lord God by liberating Commander's Keep from its oppressive masters. Believing High Command has declared its intention to dissemble the base and evacuate all its inhabitants to wholesome new lives of blessed unity in Christ.

First Planetary Council convened. Sister Miriam Godwinson has convened the first planetary council for the purpose of appointing a Planetary Governor, thus sharing with all other factions the communication protocols of the backwards University of Planet. Our good sister, who initially declared her abstention, has now opted to run for governor following her unanimous nomination by the congregation, her popularity among the other factions and, most importantly, because the Lord God wills it.

Also, in related news...

SzHmwUX.png

The Beast out of the Earth arises!

In light of recent events, "brother" Pravin Lal and his "Peacekeeping" minions have been identified by the Council as the second beast foretold by St. John in Revelation, chapter 13. In verse 11, we learn that this beast will have horns like a lamb but speak like a dragon, a prophecy already fulfilled by the vicious slander and blasphemous untruths spoken by Lal against Sister Miriam Godwinson, the Lord's elect mouthpiece!

In verse 14, St. John warns that this horrible beast plans to restore worship of the wretched beast before it, the one that was "wounded by the sword and yet lived" - those who have wisdom will see that this clearly alludes to the United Nations which was destroyed, and yet lived, carried to Planet aboard the spaceship Unity and whose charter the "Peacekeepers" have adopted as their own counterfeit of the Holy Scriptures. What fate do they wish to impose upon the faithful who refuse to yield to their tyranny? Verse 15 makes it eminently clear: “The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.”

Shun Satan! Reject the False Prophet! Say NO to "Peacekeeping" plans for Planetary domination!

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane

Sol 06/09/2227 19:00 HST

BuzzTV6.png~original

The results from last week's referendums in Fort Liberty and Defiance Freehold have been announced. The majority of Fort Liberty has elected to join the Human Hive, a result that has caused much celebration in the streets. In Defiance Freehold the citizens have voted to join the Gaians. Reintegration with the Spartan Federation was favoured by a mere 3,67% of the population in both bases.

The Chairman has called this a great day for peace, but we decided to ask regular citizens what they think:

Jack Hammond, age 28: "These three years since the Hive has liberated us, they've been peaceful you know. All I remember from before that was war, the constant drills, the wailing of sirens. It was Hell. Now, under the Hive, it seems like Heaven. No reason not to make this a permanent solution. Anyone disagrees, I invite them to live under that mad bitch Santiago."

Suzy Gingers, age 14: "I couldn't vote, but I remember when the war was here. I always wanted to play music, but they never let me at the creche. It was all drills, all rifle assembly, all shooting practice. When my brother made me a flute out of some spare synthmetal he found, they took it and my brother away. They said he was squandering valuable resources. I never saw him again, I think he's dead..." *she sobs* But the Hive, when the Hive came on their rovers. It was not long after that they did genetic screening, said that thanks to the Human Genome Project they know I am quite talented and asked me what I liked most. I said music, they let me pick instruments, they got me teachers, they even sent me to the great cities across the sea. All the Colonel ever did for me was take my brother away *she cries* Why does this Brother Lal want to give us back to the Spartans? Does he have no heart? *she cries more*"

Shinichiro Watanabe, age 77: "I saw the war from start to finish, was just a young lad. They sent us to fight Gaians, those peaceful people. Why? For land. I killed, it was horrifying. And in all those days all that I saw was so many young boys and girls, sent to the front, only to end up a corpse in a trench or wormfood in the fungal fields. I pray for them every day. It is a blessing to have peace, it is just sad that the price was so high. The vote was most logical, the Hive has done for us more in 3 years than the Federation in fifty. I am an old man, but I know what I saw and I urge the young ones not to pursue the folly of conquest."

bribery.png~original

In other news, Brother Lal has attempted to convince other factions to vote for him by means of bribery. Already he is profiteering from trade via means which are no doubt exploitative and possibly capitalist! And he wants more! This blood energy has been refused by the Hive, which has swung the Planetary Governor vote in the favour of Sister Miriam, a known advocate for Peace. Peace, which as you all surely know, the Peacekeepers failed to ensure in the Monsoon Jungle. They sat idly where as the Triumvirate intervened and liberated the Gaians from unjust occupation. Miriam was there for the Gaians when Lal was inventing more red tape and trading with the Spartans for his own profit!

result.png~original

With the support clearly in favour of Miriam, it is expected she will become the new Planetary Governor ensuring peace for the decades to come. Where as Brother Lal would use this position for profiteering and gathering invasive surveilance of other factions. When other factions, besides the warmongering Spartans, are respecting each other's sovereignty, the Peacekeeping Agenda is to absorb us under their banner of the failure that was the UN of old Earth.

In other news, with Commander's Keep liberated by Believing forces and troops moving to the undefended Training Camp, the end of the war is approaching very fast. If Colonel Santiago sees reason and accept our generous terms of ceding claims to everything north of Fort Superiority, recognizing the Gaian ownership of those lands, and the Hive control of Fort Liberty, a Blood Truce will most certainly be signed.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
BELIEVE-NET NEWSFLASH
7 November, 2227 A.D.

SPARTAN FEDERATION SIGNS BLOOD TRUCE!

Peace for our time! No more needlejet bombing runs, no more shells in the night! The Spartan Federation has conceded defeat and accepted truce with the Triumvirate forces, bringing a much welcome end to over forty years of vendettas, warfare and our righteous enhanced witnessing. At long last the Monsoon Jungle and its inhabitants will enjoy the blessings of peace, prosperity and freedom from oppression! Praise be!

The fact that this magnificent event coincides with the appointment of Sister Miriam Godwinson as Planetary Governor surely constitutes ample proof of divine intervention, proving beyond every doubt that the path towards true harmony on Planet is bestowed by the Lord God, not by mere unbelievers or their sacrilegious charters. Yet another triumph for the Almighty, yet another loss for the wretches who oppose him!

0jgV7V2.png

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Bribery between human players in the Council screen is not supported, so it's best to handle such grubby deals through good old PMs or the diplomatic interface. Not that it would have mattered in this case, the outcome was already guaranteed thanks to vote-counting and securing votes from the Hive and Gaians. They could have switched sides, sure, but it would have been sub-optimal since the Peacekeepers would have gotten free infiltration with all factions. Believers already have that thanks to the NSA, so the damage was minimal (+1 commerce). Besides, having the VETO on the side that wants to repeal the charter is a win in itself, at least for the Hive. The real trick will be to win the elekshun 20 years from now, not to mention the future charter repeal vote (need to research Advanced Military Algorithms for that). Would have been swell to puppet Morgan for his tie-breaking vote, but that door closed with all the [redacted] [redacted]. When Morgan Industries is purged, 4 factions need to vote YEA for the vote to pass.

Oh, and I tried to bribe the University some years back, but they refused to vote for Team Jesus even when offered technojificks.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
The Spartans are licking their wounds after a severe beating, their elite soldiers either destroyed or POWs, their cool bases at the jungle either destroyed or captured. The faction survives, but it is in a pityful state and in mourning.

rambo_ii_la_mission_rambo_first_blood_part_ii_1984_reference.jpg

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
p3oes.jpg

FACTIONS OF PLANET, 2227 A.D.

PEACEKEEPING FORCES - While other factions bleed for peace on the battlefield, self-righteous "brother" Lal and his so-called "Peacekeepers" hide in safety behind their Citizens' Defence Force. They run a supposedly democratic government, pursue a free market economy and value wealth above all else. This godless, self-serving approach has allowed them to grow considerably since Planetfall, making them the second most populous faction on Planet. They spend immense resources on terraforming and base facilities, focus heavily on developing the Uranium Flats and have recently begun colonising Quake Island, a new area of land that emerged during a surprise volcanic eruption. They are also technologically advanced, close to achieving a breakthrough in Cyberethics, and have launched at least one squadron of interceptor needlejets. Their military, however, is still far behind that of their southern neighbour in terms of size and strength.

THE HUMAN HIVE - Chairman Yang's underground society is a true paragon of order and productivity. Its government is a benevolent Police State, with a strictly planned economy and an emphasis on wealth. Neither the morale nor training of the Hive forces is particularly impressive, but these disadvantages are offset by superior numbers - the Hive Army is in fact the largest on Planet - and sheer ruthlessness in battle. While their terraforming is crude and primitive, their industrial power is nevertheless unmatched, courtesy of a staggering amount of resource-extracting automatons and convoy crawlers. The Hive holds two formerly Spartan strongholds in the Monsoon Jungle and have established a sea base between Landmass Prime and Landmass Two. They are close to a breakthrough in the field of Optical Computers and have also nearly completed a secret PSI-warfare project. If not for our Pact of Brotherhood, they would constitute a level 5 threat to congregational security.

THE UNIVERSITY OF PLANET - Zakharov's blasphemous faction has festered in isolation on Landmass Three for more than one hundred and twenty years, spawning untold repugnant sins and heresies. Worst among these is surely the hedonistic Virtual World, which warps the souls of its users in direct opposition to the Lord God. They run a poorly organized democratic government, emphasise impractical green economics and have mainly built their bases around the Freshwater Sea. Despite their great interest in unethical research, their long period of isolation has left them technologically backwards, and only now are they mastering Industrial Automation. The opening up of new markets and diplomatic channels is nevertheless expected to help them advance rapidly in the years to come, potentially making them the greatest obstacle to peace and pure worship.

GAIA'S STEPDAUGHTERS - From being on the brink of destruction, the Gaians have made a rapid recovery in recent years, regaining control of their original territory and securing a considerable portion of the fertile Monsoon Jungle. To aid in their reinvigoration effort they have established a healthy democratic government and a planned economy, setting the example for our own "Be Fruitful and Multiply" campaign. Their main base Gaia's Landing emerged relatively unscathed from the conflict and has retained most of its extensive facilities, not least its Research Hospital. Despite their advanced infrastructure, the Gaians are currently not pursuing any technological advance of note, focusing instead on raising large sums of energy credits.

SPARTAN FEDERATION - The warmongering police state has been reduced to a secondary power, roughly on par with the Gaians in terms of population and military strength. They retain their green economic model and are currently researching Doctrine: Air Power. While Sparta Command and its Merchant Exchange still stand strong, their terraforming efforts and energy reserves have suffered greatly and likely require several decades of investment to reach pre-vendetta levels. The new northern border limits expansion in the Monsoon Jungle and may necessitate colonising efforts down south towards Cape Storm, or east towards the Great Dunes. The Spartans are still as godless as they are sociopathic, and it remains to be seen for how long the blood truce will be honoured.

MORGAN INDUSTRIES - The wretched Whore of Babylon holds merely a single base near the Great Dunes, and has thus become a complete nonentity in Planetary affairs. That Nwabudike Morgan's corporate cultist dystopia attempted to become a counterfeit of the Theocratic Kingdom is made evident by its adoption of a fundamentalist government structure and green economy. This repulsive stain upon humanity will soon be totally purged, courtesy of our advancing Gideon Crusaders.

Shamelessly ripped off Hellraiser's snazzy world map in the old game. +M

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Deidre smiled as she reclined in her personal bio-garden. The War of Gaian Liberation had, after a rocky start, proved a roaring success with not just all Gaians reunited but even mistreated Spartans now able to live a life of peace and harmony while the Monsoon Jungle was now under custodians who would value and protect its remarkable ecosystem. Principles of flexible and responsive local government, a considerate welfare state and pursuit of sustainable economic growth would surely bring much needed stability, prosperity and joy to the long-troubled region.

Presently a coalition government shared power between the Gaian Social Council (centred upon workers rights, urban development and defence of the welfare state) and the Gaians Citizen Association (centred upon increased representation, economic growth and "opposition to unnecessary collectivism and undemocratic statism"). Support for the GSC tended to be strongest amongst both drones and ex-Spartans while the GCA enjoys the support of prosperous farmers, the middle class and the increasingly wealthy elites of Gaia's Landing. Support for the radical True Gaian Order had also been growing in the north who advocated radical ecology and argued that with the existential threat of Sparta quenched the time was ripe for a return to a holistic way of life in tune with Planet with only the bare minimum of industry and commerce. They had also earned accusations of xenophobia and prejudice for appealing to some northerner's views that the newly liberated southern populations were baby-making machines that would overwhelm the Gaian welfare system and disturb the delicate balance of the Monsoon Jungle unless "measures are taken".

Generous Hive assistance of technology, specialists and material were gratefully accepted by Deidre. The Gaian military had emerged from the war both beloved by the population and with a vastly enlarged territory to police and protect. Even if the direct threat of Sparta ceasing had largely caused the Gaian Liberation Army to demobilise there were still sporadic skirmishes with fascist terrorists, mayhem-loving bandits and greedy poachers. There had been reports of the most brainwashed of the Spartan citizenry (seemingly allergic to peace) fleeing to the remotest depths of the jungle rather than live under enlightened Gaian rule. Hive transfers of thousands of plasmasteel suits, rovers and even reconnaissance aircraft (the future nucleus for a formal Gaian air force) had been essential to the maintenance of peace and order.

Things were looking good for Gaia.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Sol 06/01/2231 19:00 HST

The Chairman has announced today that the great secret project, The Neural Amplifier, has been finished in Socialism Tunnels. This enormous undertaking utilized all the uncovered secrets of the human brain, as well as the refined neural grafting techniques which allow surgeons to greatly enhance the capacity of the human brain. With it the War on Xenofungus is essentially won, as troops already trained in hypnotic trance are even more resistant to the mental terrorism employed by the dreaded mindworms. Citizens can rest assured that the cruel fate that has befallen Hawk of Chiron or more recently the Peacekeeping Colony on Quake Isle, will not happen to Hive bases. Disciplined Trance Hive Guardsmen of Peace, augmented by the communications and strategic overview systems of the Command Nexus and by the power of the Neural Amplifier, will defend all colonists from savage mindworm attacks.

Forces abroad pursuing the quite harmful ethically, ecologically and socially free market economy will envy this great achievement of the Hive. For these powers still pursuing the failed ideologies of Old Earth, the same ideologies that brought upon mankind its near extinction, are most certainly agitating the indigenous and belligerent lifeforms with their exploitative economic system. Meanwhile a bold new 10 year plan has begun in the Hive. Its objective is simple, to elevate standards of living within the Hive to new outright utopian levels. While it will take time, the Chairman has vowed the road to Progress and Enlightenment is right in front of us. The consequences of this Great Vision of Progress which takes us forward along this road will be quite visible by the end of this decade. Where as ideologically regressive forces abroad force the working classes to live in squalor, sucked dry by the fat cats that grow ever fatter, squeezed into ever tinier "tenant housing", the Hive pursues sustainable growth, one which will not lower the standards of living for our children and their children's children. The Hive does not build prosperity by stealing it from the future that is to come. The Hive builds prosperity now! Prosperity that will grow into bigger prosperity when our Children leave the Creches and take the steering wheel of Humanity from us.

In other news Defiance Freehold has been transferred over under Gaian control. The new Gaian citizens were rejoicing, even if some of the bases colonists have already begun to identify with Hive culture.

Cassidy

Arcane
LATEST NEWS:

Ysm7omJ.png

University rescues inconspicuous Hive fisherfolk from dangerous, xenofungus infested east coast territorial waters before a disaster could happen

Perhaps in the trail of a very big catch, a group of inconspicuous fisherfolk, sailing in the middle of a fungal bed, was approached by the University Psi-Corps Coast Guard, which had tamed an isle of the deep as a temporary naval asset that will be purged like all xenos once it has outlived its usefulness, but for now is being used to safeguard the University's East Coast against any possible threats. The fisherfolk have completely disregarded the threat of sailing in such waters for years, but both for the sake of defending the territorial integrity of the University waters and to safeguard the lives of such honest men in such wet and dangerous work fishing big catches amidst xenofungus is, have insisted to escort them back to the Hive territorial waters.

These inconspicuous fisherfolk, who despite the claims of some paranoid journalists, are totally nothing more than fisherfolk, have returned safely to their homeland, and hopefully they will not further endanger themselves and the stability of the diplomatic relations between the University of Planet and the Human Hive by further risking their lives in search of a big catch, which could lead them to a potential conflict with inconspicuous fisherfolk from the University as well. Besides, while fishes back on Earth had minimum, easily excreted traces of mercury, any sparse "edible" sealife amidst xenofungus in the University's east coast may be contaminated and extremely deadly because of heavy concentrations of polonium.

The Hive has not yet released any statements regarding this incident, and the University has no official declaration either, for now.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The Hive thanks the University in aiding these poor lost souls who have been carried away from the Kelp Fields of the Sea of Enlightenment by previously unknown ocean currents, into the quite dangerous fungal fields near the coast of Landmass Three. If it was not for the University's swift action, these men and women of the sea could have ended up massacred by some hostile sea-borne creature native to Chiron, with the Hive Armada too far away to provide support.

A ban on fisherfolk venturing so deep into uncharted waters has been enacted, for the safety of those who feed the Hive with the bounty of the seas. Even with the marvel that is the Neural Amplifier behind them, fisherfolk are still vulnerable to the threat of Isles of the Deep. Naturally the Hive will also not fish within what are undoubtedly University fishing waters.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
FSjKSET.png

Together with the Congregational tithe, Levitical tithe, Melchizedek tithe,
Nutrient tithe, Freedom tithe and mandatory Miriam Bank deposits, you
will still receive an astounding 5% of your salary in pure energy shekels

Hellraiser

Arcane
Hive Fisherfolk returned safely to Socialism Tunnels aided by University, many citizens are awed by University's ability to carry cruiser trawler deep inland.

Needless to say the damn thing got returned NOT to the closest base but to garland socialism crater for some reason. Had to disband it as it was landlocked. Add that to the list of SMAC bugs.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
2233 saw the democratic ascension of the True Gaian Order who had enjoyed Deidre's personal endorsement in the recent election. Renaming themselves and curbing their most radical members (who had fled to the newly formed Deep Ecology Radical Movement) they had succeeded on a platform of ecological harmony that could still manage to provide a decent standard of living and fit within the reasonable bounds of the people's liberty. While many Talents increasingly flocked to this position naturally, Deidre's word had carried massive influence amongst the Drones ensuring a solid majority for the TGO (though some had flocked to the firmly socialist Free Drones of Chrion headed by the charismatic Foreman Domai). Of course many of those who had profited immensely from this arrangement continued their support for the business and trade oriented GCA. Finally a small (and closely monitored) party centred around Defiance Freehold pursued a platform of increased independence for the southern cities of the Monsoon Jungle, enjoying some support from ex-Spartan malcontents uncomfortable with Gaian values and way of life.

They had also won support for arguing that the time to rely on Hive and Believer technical handouts and scientific advisors was over and far more resources needed to be committed to Gaian research, which had been neglected in favour of a war economy and welfare state in previous years.

2233 Election Breakdown

Green Gaia Party: 74.8%
Gaian Citizen Association: 7.2%
Gaian Social Council: 6.3%
Deep Ecology Radical Movement: 5.9%
Free Drones of Chiron: 4.8%
Monsoon Jungle Autonomous League: 1.0%

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane

Sol 08/11/2235 19:00 HST

BuzzTV7.png~original

With yesterday's victory parades commemorating the end of the Monsoon Jungle War of Peace over, it is time to look over the achievements brought upon us by Planetary Peace. Many no doubt remember the great Choson Peoples Republic from the history texts available at all datalink terminals, of which was much taught in Children Creches. Following the unification of the divided peninsula under the enlightened rule of Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un, the Choson state grew to great technological and cultural advancement. The great New Cities were 100% self-sufficient, providing ideal conditions for humans to propser. The Human Hive is pursuing a similar peaceful development leading towards enlightened.

The great underground cities grow ever larger, their industries, labs and cultural facilities striking a perfect balance with the surrounding ecosystem of planet. Our forests feed the next generations, a generation which will no doubt be even closer to universal enlightenment than our own. With much land reclaimed from the dreaded xenofungus, a most bourgeois and reactionary life form, most of our land is now safe to be utilized by brave colonists.

Our robotic army of supply crawlers is legion, the industrial lifeblood of the Hive flowing through the great highways. Each base is serviced by thousands of these peaceful drones of prosperity. The people are safe from diseases by the wonders of the Research Hospitals and of course The Human Genome Project. We are now building a great new society, and the past 8 years of peace have not been squandered. With the troops returning home new growth was possible. The level of development in Hive bases is now unmatched by hopelessly capitalistic foreign powers. The seeds of Communism brought many fruits, while the fat cats abroad steal the meagre capitalist harvests of the oppressed working class!

The Human Hive is the only crime-free state on Planet! Our police forces work tirelessly to capture saboteurs, infiltrators and other undesirable reactionary element. Just last week agents of a foreign power have been executed for their attempt of causing harm to the citizens of the Hive. Foreign powers no doubt plot to bring death to the peace-loving citizens of the hive, building nerve-gas bombs and guided missiles. But they must remember that the might of the Hive Guards of Peace is unsurpassed, the Hive Armada rules the seas and the Aerospace Protectors can blot out the sun!

Doing crap I did not have the resources for during TOTAL WAR mode. Also foreign probe teams got cheeky but failed.

oscar

Arcane
Gaia's Landing Herald: Your Number One Daily Hard-Hitting Holonews

The negotiation of a trade treaty with the University had been met with general political support outside of a few grumblings from the DERM who expressed reluctance to engage in trade with a state whose ecological principles are almost unknown. Expectedly most moderates (especially the GCA) were enthusiastic about the potential to further export the massive surpluses of foodstuffs grown in the Monsoon Jungle to those in Chiron hungry for actual fruits and vegetables, sustainably and ecologically harvested, instead of recycled protein biscuits or yet another xenofungus soup.

For their part, University software and electronics have also found a ready market in Gaia. One year on and a roughly equal balance of trade has been reported, something that unfortunately can't be said for all of our deals with trading partners.

While a long and perilous journey to University (though it is also worth reminding the reader of the recent study revealing Gaian shipping to suffer dramatically fewer losses and attacks by native lifeforces than Hive and Believer counterparts, the ramifications of which are hotly debated) overall it can be said that the free trade negotiations have been an overall success with fresh Gaian produce a common sight at dinner tables all over Chiron.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
VpvUbOf.png

"Blessed are those who do His will, for they alone may partake of the Tree of Life,
safe inside the mighty gates of New Jerusalem.

And outside are the dogs; the sorcerers, whoremongers, murderers and idolaters,
all those vile wretches who love and practice falsehood."

- Revelation 22:14-15, Conclave Bible

True Believers surely rejoice over the divine blessings which so evidently enrich our congregation. Our population growth is unparalleled, our industry knows no equal and our prosperity is truly the envy of all. From metropolitan New Eden to mighty Mount Yehzah, faithful brethren enjoy the fruits of their service, and the fruits are good indeed! Yet even the greatest riches and most submissive wives lose their appeal in face of disease, old age and death, the hereditary effects of our ancestral sin, dating back to the Fall of Man in the first Garden of Eden. All this ends today, however, for the Elders of Zion have decreed that every True Believer shall receive the God-given gift of longevity and perfect health, bestowed through the miraculous Longevity Vaccine!

Unbelievers may cry foul and attempt to present our Council as "hypocritical", yet the simple truth is that the Lord's Believers have always viewed genetic engineering in a positive light. The Holy Flame Magazine, known for its spirit-directed truthfulness, once commented: "The Lord God created us in His image, so what better way is there to honour our maker than by taking up His holy craft? Genetic engineering, then, is truly the purest form of worship!"

That the Lord God smiles upon our worship is made eminently clear by the results of our great project. Genetic disorders and viral diseases no longer hold any sway over the faithful elect, all while future generations will be able to directly breathe Planet's air and digest its bountiful nutrients without the need for man-made filters or processing facilities. In addition to perfected bodily functions, strengthened immune systems and behavioral improvements, the great longevity of the faithful elect shall mirror that of the Antediluvian patriarchs, eventually allowing True Believers to match, and even surpass, the great lifespan of the Ancient Elder Methuselah. Adamite perfection has never been closer!

This, of course, is not all! Another application of our mastery of bio-engineering is our new specialized organisms which shall soon service every kind of congregational machinery. These holy "living tools" provide self-repairing blessings and significantly cut down maintenance costs, and just as we shall live forever, so shall our creations last indefinitely! Even the "progressive" University now marvels at our faith-inspiring works, for like the rest of the factions, they still fumble around with the pathetically crude and primitive techniques of Gene Splicing and Neural Grafting, unable to grasp our superior Creationist Science.

The unbelievers reject the Lord, and so He rejects them, withholding His Holy Spirit and the enligthenment it brings. The costly and backwards "longevity" treatments of the other factions are flawed and reserved solely for the leaders, all while the masses waste away before their eyes. This, of course, is just as Saint John prophesied, for lest they repent, all the wretched dogs who deny the Gospel of Love shall perish from sickness and plague and every other curse of the Adamite sin, until Planet is thoroughly cleansed from their blasphemous existence, and the glorious Thousand-Year reign begins in full.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom