Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Let's Multiplay Civilization II: Ancient Empires

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Kalin, May 18, 2018.

1. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LET'S MULTIPLAY CIVILIZATION II: ANCIENT EMPIRES

The year is 1200 B.C. The place is the Ancient Middle East. It's a time when four large empires are contending for dominance in the Levant region (today's Syria, Israel and Lebanon). Several of these cultures have existed for thousands of years, their power alternately rising and falling depending on the fortunes of their ruling dynasties. But now, something has changed. A combination of peoples in motion and an innovative new military technology have dramatically altered the old balance of power. It's the end of the Bronze Age and mighty empires are about to crumble! Will yours be one of them? The top contenders:

• Egypt: A large empire, but diplomatic failures have cost them most of the Levant.
    • Babylon: An ancient culture, long past its prime. Geography could be an ally.
    • Assyria: New, dynamic, an up-and-coming power. But a possible war on three fronts?
    • Hittites: Have just destroyed the rival Mitanni Empire. At the apex of their power.
    • Sea Peoples: The greatest enigma of the Ancient World. And about to change everything!
    • Greeks: Young, small, out of the way.
    • Minor Powers: A group of small, widely separated kingdoms.

The Gods of War are thirsting for blood. Don't disappoint them!

[​IMG] : Think about it: Siege-craft, starvation, phalanxes, cyclopses, nomadic proto-semites, cuneiform, priest-kings, brimstone raining down on literal Sodomites, death in the mines, galley slaves, heroes fightin' from chariots, wow! Talk about a seriously groovy time period. An age of incline!"

what we're fighting to loot (open)

[​IMG]

And all we have to do to git it is decapitate the nudist and his spear chukkin conehead crony!

DAS RITE! The time has finally come for yet another Let's Play. Credit where credit is due: Merc's pitch in his PM was so gud I just tuk it and copypasted it into this post. Game of choice is of course Civilization II with the scenario Ancient Empires 1200 BC made by a monocled dudebro named Paul Cullivan, a.k.a. Kull (the conqueror, presumably).

His excellent scenario features new units, improvements, wonders and even a lovely tech tree straight from the passionate scenario-crafting days of 1999. Neither of us have played it much so we're all going in semi-blind. The scenario has been modified to reset starting diplomatic relations between human players and add the missing Kang of Assyria to Nineveh. Without further ado:

PBEM rules (open)

Be a bro.
    Advanced rules (open)

Don't be a faggot.

Human-controlled factions:

Babylonians - agentorange
    Hittites - Kalin
    Assyrians - MercantileInterest
    Egyptians - The Brazilian Slaughter

Starting wonders (open)

The Hanging Gardens

Another of the original "Seven Ancient Wonders", the Hanging Gardens of Babylon were a rising series of terraced gardens. They were built by King Nebuchadnezzar II in 600 B.C. to console his Median wife, homesick for the mountainous land of her birth. Gives three extra happy citizens in city, plus one extra happy citizen in every other city.

Ziggurat of Ur

Rising up from the flat plains of Mesopotamia (ancient Iraq), the Ziggurat of Ur was (and is) a most impressive structure. These Sumerian versions of the pyramids (the source of the biblical "Tower of Babel" story), were actually religious temples. Their priests conducted stellar observations which led to the development of the calendar, among other innovations. Increases science output of city by 50%.

The Cyclopean Walls of Hattusas

The term "Cyclopean Walls" refers primarily to the huge defensive ramparts surrounding many Bronze Age Myceneaen cities in Greece, but could easily refer to the equally impressive fortifications built by the Hittites, Assyrians, and Babylonians. Enemy civilizations must offer cease-fire/peace in negotiations. Combat strength doubled against barbarians.

Sargon's Arsenal

The Assyrians were one of the most ruthlessly effective military empires of the Ancient World. Their war machine contained great siege engines, chariots, armored archers & swordsmen, cavalry, and even commandos. Perhaps the first historical instance of true "Combined Arms" military tactics. All new ground units produced gain Veteran status. Any unit winning combat gains Veteran status.

Diplomatic System in Amarna

The Egyptian "Foreign Office" archives unearthed in Amarna reveal a fascinating ongoing correspondence between Pharoah and the rival rulers of the Hittite, Assyrian, and Babylonian empires. Free embassy with every rival Civilization.

The Pyramids

One of the original "Seven Ancient Wonders", the Pyramids of Giza stand as a remarkable example of ancient man's ability to organize vast construction projects. Counts as a Granary in every city.

Valley of the Kings in Thebes

The many Royal Tombs in the Valley of the Kings represents the strong Egyptian belief in life after death. In many ways a precursor of certain elements in Christianity, this doctrine was a source of comfort to Pharoah and peasant alike. Decreases unhappy citizens on same continent by 2 per city.

AI-controlled factions:

Sea Peoples (Rabid ITZ mongers)
    Greeks (lol)
    Minor powers (Judaya!)

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Brofist x 15
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
  3. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Let's see who stands tall in the end of the collapse...

• M: M: x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Turisas Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    Parrots:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    I await with my pant buckles loose!

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Maggot meme king

Maggot
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    good luck to de babylon man

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Subjects Past, Present and Future of the Son of Horus, there will be no collapse.

The victory that was won in Kadesh shall be remembered as the prologue to rightful Kemetian hegemony over all lands. A just and fair rule in the name of the Gods.

These "Sea Peoples" are weak, and like the tide, they shall wash against the ground of Kemet, but return to the sea from which they came from.

Soon, The Pharaoh shall restore order to all lands, in the name of the Gods.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

Great Priest-King Suppiluliuma II, Scion of Heaven and the Thousand Gods, Drinker of the Sacred Potions, son of Hattusili III who was Chosen by Ishtar, son of Mursili II the Crafty Trickster, son of Arnuwanda the Plague-Ridden, son of Suppiluliuma I, Master Builder and Ravager of Syria and pitiful Egypt, thus proclaims:

Usermaatre Ramesses was born of a rebellious and perverse woman. His loin is smaller than my little toe and his slaves jeer at him behind his back. Furthermore, his personal chariot is cheap and ugly and made of flimsy bronze, whilst mine is made of iron! If he dares come to my domain, I shall crush his head like skull of pig.

Hittite Accomplishments (open)

[​IMG]

Truly, our sciencemagicians are second to none! Why, we can even build roads!

Royal diplomatic expertise in action (open)

[​IMG]

Unshaven Greeks offer a tutorial on how best to whip a bunch of stinking galley slaves for the secret of successfully managing an entire Empire?

Yeah, sounds totally fair. Let's do it!

Map of Greater Hittite Empire (open)

[​IMG]

Marvel at the glory of the world's foremost power! Its mighty armies, flowing rivers, bountiful fields and-

[​IMG]

Uh...

[​IMG]

Vibrant, enriching Sea Folk, bearing the gift of diversity.

:prosper:

Although (open)

Since we play multiplayer and agentorange's Babylonia went first, the Sea People who are AI run get to play their turn last. So all in all, not nearly as bad as it could've been! Smashed their force outside Carchemish with my mighty Kang.

Just gotta figure out a way to get rid of the remaining rape goliaths. Not joking, those freaks can each tank a full-on attack by a prestige chariot. Thankfully they only have 1 move. Unfortunately, there's fucking 14 of them on my clay and they're all veterans.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  9. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    may your reign be long and :prosper:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    Not being recruited for this makes me angry with the strength of a thousand suns.

It's in the name, you see.

Not even considering I don't know how to play Civ2.

Kill 'em all, MercantileInterest .

• incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. MercantileInterest Arcane

MercantileInterest
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    I am Tiglath Pileser, lord of Nineveh and all the lands between the rivers. I walk with the strength of an hundred men. Mine arm lifts a spear all of bronze. I speak with the voice of a god. My father was Ashur-resh-ishi before whom kings trembled, but I am greater than he. Fear me all ye nations, and weep ye indolent slaves, for I am quick to anger and merciless in my wrath. Bow before me, all peoples, lest I pour out the cup of my great power upon ye and ye be consumed.

I am Tiglath Pileser, who makes heaven to veil her face and the earth to tremble.

Let the decrees of Tiglath Pileser be heard:

Let the governor of Arrapkha be summoned before my throne. He hath vainly sought to build himself a palace rather than enacting mine edicts. Let his head be separated from his neck and staked outside the gates of Nineveh.

Let the governor of Nisibis be summoned before my throne. He hath foolishly sought to build himself a palace rather than erecting defenses against the base and vile vermin-folk of Hattusas. Let his head be separated from his neck and staked outside the gates of Nineveh.

Let the weak and malodorous charioteers of the city of Harran, (mere slaves to the sons of Hatti), withdraw their puny carts from the sight of the great king of Assyria, lest he be offended and strike them down. Then will their heads be separated from their necks and staked outside the gates of Nineveh.

Let the garrisons who bar the way to Sippar of the Babylonians withdraw. Let them march unto Ashur, and there reside, for those who need not eat make the heart of the quartermaster glad.

Let fearless men go out to discover all tribes and nations who dwell under the sun, that they may give tribute to the great king of Assyria.

These are the decrees of Tiglath Pileser. He who hears and obeys not, let his head be separated from his neck and staked outside the gates of Nineveh.

scribe's analysis (open)

Kalin, keep away from my territory you peacekeepin' son of a------!!!!!

Bunch of cities trying to build governor's palaces when they're too small to have any corruption. Switched 'em to more useful items but they lost half their accumulated minerals. What waste! May dung rest upon the memory of Ashur-resh-ishi.

Also, couple a'units in the outer garrisons don't require support. Naturally switched 'em up with those from the cities as soon as possible.

further developments (open)

[​IMG]
    And who is the great king who is able to stand against me?

but wait there's more (open)

[​IMG]
    In admiration and terror, the Elamites freely offered up their best data on star worship. Pitying their backwards ignorance, I taught them how to sharpen bronze.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  12. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    is it a cup of pilsner

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:

[​IMG]
    Pharaoh Userkheperure Meryamun, Son of Horus the Great, Son of Ra, Blessed of Osiris, Dearest to Isis, Lord of the Two Lands, He of the Sedge and the Bee, King of Upper and Lower Egypt.

It is by the will of the Gods that all is made manifest. It is by the Pharaoh's hand that the will of the Gods is done on Earth. Praise be.

The Incredible Knowledge of the Scribes of Kemet (open)
    [​IMG]

The scribe has committed a mistake and has been flogged a hundred times for it. Perhaps he is merely fond of my Grandfather's reign?

Is there any argument aganinst the fact that Kemet is not only the most advanced, but strongest civilization as well? This is because Ptah blesses Kemet with knowledge, rather than the ignorance seen in barbaric civilizations.

Unlike a certain people I could name, Kemetians have long know the benefits of synchronous rowing, we don't have to be taught about it by some silly greeks.

The Maps of Pharaoh Userkheperure Meryamun's Great Domains (open)

This is the span of Ramses III Userkheperure Meryamun's domains.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kemetian Diplomacy (open)
    [​IMG]
    Is there any doubt of our hegemony? Kemet is the oldest of the greatest civilizations. Kemet stood the test of time, and it will never truly vanish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The minor potentates show their submission to the wish of their Father, the Pharaoh.

[​IMG]
    A face-saving way to cover the fact they have no knowledge that could be exchanged with us, for they are primitive savages living in hovels and huts, while we live in great buildings of brick. Do they even know that you can get more out of a boat if you synchronize your rowing?

The Military Situation on the Empire's Borders (open)

The Pharaoh's best scribes, wrote down the situation, as according to the Pharaoh's best scouts.
    The borders of Ta-Mehu are threatened by the Nine Bows - an alliance of foreign seaborn invaders and invaders from the west, the accursed Ribu - gods drown them.

The Pharaoh (Praise Him, Son of Horus!) Himself is located there at the present moment to crush those upstart insects. However, their warriors are strong and hard to fight. The fighting will be hard, but we believe the invaders shall be crushed, their men enslaved, their women taken to warm kemetian beds and their spoils taken back to their true owners.

[​IMG]

By Decree of the Pharaoh, let it be know: Every fighting man that can be spared from Kemetian Garrisons, is to head north towards Canopus. Let the Nine Bows know the true power of the Gods of Kemet, and their servants. To obey this decree is to obey the Gods, in the name of the Son of Horus. The Pharaoh has step upon the Nine Bows, and will do so again.

[​IMG]
    The situation in Canaan is grim. The Nine Bows threaten Gaza, Askelon and Ashdod, our subjects cities in Canaan.
    To the northeast, Hazor finds itself menaced by a powerful barbarian presence.

Our subject king at Byblos reports the Nine Bows are also present close to Ugarit, and engaging in combat against the Hatti. Already rumours of large invasion forces in the territory of the Hatti have reached the cities. The governor reports that he trusts in the proficiency of his brave and honorable garrison and entrusts his safety in the Pharaoh, but alerts that possible attacks may happen in case Ugarit falls to these new invaders.

The governors and subject kings of Canaan request immediate reinforcements from the Son of Horus. Perhaps they should have revolted less against His Majesty and paid more respects, if they desired more men to man their walls against invaders. Any harm on their heads is the price of their rebellion against their benefactor. Any salvation, is a gift that proves the Pharaoh's graciousness.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

Hear ye, when Priest-King Suppiluliuma II speaketh:

What care I for the land around Tigris and Euphrates? It is flat and without iron, it makes men soft like maidens and has not a single good pit in which to worship the gods in the Earth. Let Tiglath Pileser and Nebuchadnezzar squabble over their clay - but stay away from Harran, which belongs to the Hatti people.

As for the Sherden who dared ravage my Ugarit, Alalakh and Tarsus - know that I have bested the wretched invaders, and made myself their Master. Blessed by A'as our Great God of Wisdom, and by one-eyed Shillatron the Lord of Coin, royal envoys from Karatepe and Aleppo have turned our foes into friends and enemies into subjects.

Glorious conquest! (open)

[​IMG]

Royal Envoy carrying vast riches looted from governor palaces and public schools in Kadesh, Humath and Carchemish.

A sleazy offer is made which simply cannot be refused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many giant Sherden warriors now serve the mighty Hatti people! Others were not so lucky, and have been put to ignominious death. Alalakh, too, has been reclaimed by my warriors. Much booty was looted, and many slaves were taken. Tarsus shall soon follow, peace and order shall reign once more.

[​IMG]

As for Userkheperure Meryamun, pretender on the Nile. I looked upon my realm and noticed: my subjects in Byblos have not paid me tribute as they should!

My new subjects from Ugarit are rectifying this insult as I speak.

Tribute collection! (open)

[​IMG]

Further, know that all of Canaan shall now render unto Hattusas as they did in the days of my great-great grandfather Suppiluliuma I. My head is big, and round, and full of the magic of the gods! Your skull is a shrunken fruit. Surrender to me my rightful clay, or I will run you over with my chariot made of iron, and not of flimsy bronze.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    lets multiplay moar liek lets be a bunch of faggot larpers

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    Damn straight, but it could always be worse though, like let's write a bunch of faggy shillpiece reviews.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. RK47 will not happy agian Patron

RK47
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    ^when ur too shit to larp in rts.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. MercantileInterest Arcane

MercantileInterest
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    Thus says Tiglath Pileser unto the ruler of Babylon. Hear his words and humble yourself!

Send unto me the maidens of your palace and the virgin daughters of your mighty men, that I might enrich them. Yea, thus will I wreathe Nineveh with them as with a garland, for there is no son of Babylon worthy to pick these flowers. Send also to tend for them the eunuch Roxor of Sippar for, in the fruitful lands of Assyria, there abide only men most virile and vigorous. On swift chariots of enameled gold send them therefore for the delight of the great king.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    Btw some commentary (open)

[​IMG]

In case it wasn't obvious: First thing I did was to rush-build Royal Envoys in Karatepe and Aleppo on turn 1. This cost a lot of yehzah (they're more expensive than regular diplomats) so I had to sell a ton of shit to make it work. I also used money from sell-offs to rush-build barracks and a couple of buff chariot dudes in other cities in case I'd get buttblasted by some uppity neighbour. I was particularly worried that Merc would launch a rape-raid right off the bat, because his buff Kang in Nineveh could've easily taken Harran, thankfully that didn't happen though.

Now, Royal Envoys have 2 moves, so any freaky autist would immediately notice that the one from Aleppo wouldn't ordinarily have made it. However, this mod has different road/river bonus, instead of converting one regular move into 3 moves you actually get 4 moves, so my second envoy arrived south of Ugarit with 1/8 moves remaining. Not too shabby! Funny thing is I hadn't even planned to bribe the cities, just the units in the field. They were all bunched up together though so I went for the cities instead. Bribing them cost more yehzah, so I had to sell some more shit on my second turn, governor's palaces, libraries and whatnot. I've now pretty much extinguished my entire research capacity for many decades to come. But hey, who needs research when you can loot tech from enemies? Much better to simply focus everything on tax collection and luxuries.

Sadly I couldn't keep all the units I subverted but I did retain a bunch of them and the ones I disbanded boosted production. Now that I'm safe and all I'm not gonna focus on diplomat bribing because as I mentioned in PM it's dishonorobru and pretty boring when you fight a fellow bro (plus, turns out Assyria can't even build Royal Envoys yet, probably because like Merc said, their whole diplomacy just comes down to decapitation). Still, I think this was a legit way to deal with the initial rapesquad sniffing my man-vault.

Will be interesting to see how Brozil deals with his own bunch of ITZ-mongers down there in the southlands.

Maybe we'll see a Kadesh Redux if my invasion of Canaan doesn't fizzle out.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  20. RK47 will not happy agian Patron

RK47
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    ah yes, the classic t1 rush. :^)

^ Top  
  21. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

And it came to pass that the Hatti sent forth their Sherden ships and their warriors against the city of Byblos.

But the gods were wroth and jealous that day, for the Hatti had not remembered to give proper respects, and Ḫannaḫanna was having issue with blood.

Thus the gods withdrew their protection, so that when Egypt sent forth ships, Goliath and Broliath drowned in the bay of Byblos.

Priest-King Suppiluliuma II conducted diviniation, and gathered the Hatti to reenact the feats of the Storm God battling Hedammu.

This pleased Teshub, who said: "Go down, and make war again, and this time I shall give Byblos in your hand."

So Suppiluliuma II gathered his party and ventured forth, and he stormed Byblos, and he burned their ships, wreaking...

[​IMG]

...GLORIOUS CARNAGE!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mighty Hittite Empire marches on! (albeit in one turn per day slow motion)

In other news (open)

[​IMG]

Not much else going on, except some righteous tribe hut popping. Got me some yehzah!

[​IMG]

Oh yea-

[​IMG]

:nocountryforshitposters:

Also built a couple of more barracks, fortified my eastern border and looted the school of scribes in Byblos for shekels.

Oh, and AI-run Joshua is an uppity twat who refuses to pay tribute:

[​IMG]

And yeah (open)

I really lost two fricking rapebros and my Sea Folk ships to Brozil. Beyond shamofur, textbook pyrrhic victory.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. MercantileInterest Arcane

MercantileInterest
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Well, guess who's coming to dinner.

King Tilgath Pileser (extol his many titles!) sneers at the slipshod chariots of the Hittites. He scorns the sons of Hatti, who must barter gold so that the warriors of Keftiu (six cubits in height!) will protect them. He despises the dogs of Harran who heeded not his rightful demand for their daughters.* Therefore has he ridden forth in glory and crushed the stunted men of the woods and seized the mighty fortress of the brambles. Should the warriors of Keftiu dare come against him, he will grant unto them honourable burial, but the others, the curs of Suppiluliuma, their bones will he leave to bleach in the field, for not even the hungry gods of the underworld desire such weak souls. All the lands between the rivers belong to the great king of Assyria. Glory to his mighty deeds!

scribe's note (open)

It would appear that these demands were accidentally dispatched to Babylon. While Tiglath Pileser does not apologize, he has asked me to send a follow up message requesting the return of the messenger's corpse, that he might stake his head outside the gates of Nineveh.

why attack Kalin (open)

Simple. He added all those hideous sea people to his empire. I had fully intended to leave him alone while I pursued... other business... but he somehow wriggled his way out of ITZ and had already begun his invasion of Canaan. Now, if I could just take Harran, he'd have a lot harder time getting those movement one broliaths across the plain from Carchemish. Unfortunately, I forgot that this isn't SMAC. In his eagerness, my kang thought it would be a good idea to occupy the fortress in the woods after knocking out Kalin's spearman, thus derailing the whole attack. Typical. On the positive side, I've now stocked the fortress with my own spearmen. The woods (at +50% defense) makes it more defensible than my own city walls!

betrayed by the AI (open)

[​IMG]

Yep. Those are Elamites (minor powers) to the east. For some inexplicable reason, (perhaps my continued refusal to sign a treaty), they attacked my skirmisher.

Totally not a copper caravan in the lower left enroute to Babylon. :MThis will give me a big yezhah bonus and then establish a constant stream of income both for my city (Ashur) and for Babylon. The income goes away if either of us loses his city, so it'll be a a nice incentive not to attack each other. Good thing too. I need some friends after making enemies out of every other neighbor.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The righteous subjugation of Canaan continues, as Hittite chariots move down Sea Folk and roll into Sidon!

With the majestic cedars under his control, Priest-King Suppiluliuma II plans to raise many new temples.

In addition, a mighty navy shall be built to rival that of Egypt, and to send fear into the heart of Userkheperure!

Commentary (open)

Cedars of Lebanon function as King Richard's Crusade, meaning every square in the city produces an extra shield.

Would be useful, if the city hadn't been so badly ravaged that it now only has a population of 2. :P

Oh yeah, figured I didn't post a list of starting wonders in the game, so I updated the OP with those controlled by human players. AI has a bunch of wonders that aren't listed, but they're mostly trash tier (one exception being Palace of Knossos, it functions like Adam Smith's and makes all city improvements that cost 1 yehzah per turn cost nuthin, not shabby at all).

[​IMG]

As for the developments in the east, know that impetuous Tiglath Pileser has set his beady eyes upon Harran. Is he thick of hearing, that he ignores the warning of the Priest-King? Is his tiny skull home to unclean spirits? Worse, does he take the counsel of women? Even the dullest slave knows that the mighty walls of Harran are impenetrable, manned by great warriors, each worth a hundred riverland scum. Perhaps he thought to sneak into the Empire like a thief in the night, now that the Chosen of Teshub is away in Canaan? This is likely, for everyone knows that Tiglath Pileser is no match for the martial genius of Suppiluliuma II.

Everyone knows! (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:M

Whatever the case, Suppiluliuma II dispatched the Commander of Harran to right the wrong to his name:

[​IMG]

Bass marched out in the field, and our infantry rushed the Assyrian formation while they were still sacrificing to their gods. There was a bloody battle! We slaughtered many warriors and broke their spears. Tiglath himself was caught in the fighting, and lost many of his attendants and trusted generals. His life would have ended too, but the gods did not will it. Bass fought bravely, but his head was crushed under a rock. He lived a good life.

[​IMG]

Upon hearing the news of the battle, our Priest-King proclaimed: "Tiglath Pileser! Not so tough, since being molested!"

The gods spared his life to teach him a lesson. Now let him run back to Nineveh in shame, to contemplate upon his folly.

Commentary (open)

So. Damn. Close. Killed the blocking spear-chuck with my chariot and went for the kill, nearly got Pilsner with my Bronze Infantry II (yeah they died), but I had no more units that could reach him. I was contemplating sending forth the shitty spear-chuck garrison in Harran to finish the job, but I couldn't be sure they could really kill the kang, even in the weakened state (horrible attack rating and his defence/hit points are strong). Could've gambled, but failure would mean less defence at home. In fact, he could then beat the defenders with chariots, and send in Pilsner to insta-heal him to max by capturing the city. Hope I made the right call, time will tell I guess.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. MercantileInterest Arcane

MercantileInterest
    Parrots:
    Ha! The great king laughs! Will the sons of Hatti come against me in my sleep? How they have fallen as many sheep. Heaps upon heaps! With a snore have I slain a thousand men!

Harran is humbled. Bass is slain--he whose name was bigger than his sword. The daughters of the Hittites wash the streets with their tears. In their admiration, the wives of Tiglath Pileser plea for his presence. Thus speeds he back to Nineveh, to taste the fruits of his glory. Abase yourselves before the great king, all peoples!

The princes of Babylon revere mighty Assyria. To Ashur from the south flows a river of gold, tribute fitly offered. All the world kneels to the gods of Nineveh.

[​IMG]
    minor tactical point (open)

Exploring. Exploring. This should be interesting--
    [​IMG]
    :dead:

Looks like we can say goodbye to the brave northern skirmisher. That's an Iron II infantry who, unlike those other Hurrian Guards, has a movement value. Attack 6, Defense 3 (+50% against enemies with more than one movement.) Wunderbar.

Also, the Elamites knocked out my scout chariot in the east. With a spearman.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)