Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Let's learn how not to make totally useless characters in vastly updated UnderRail

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I saw that stuff. I thought the Alpha stuff was from last year?

It's pretty old, yeah. Anyway, it's only $10 on Steam and if you don't feel like (what is quite honestly gearing up to be my favorite game since Fallout 2) it's worth that amount of money then there's something irrevocably wrong with you anyway. ;)

p.s. but yes, the alpha should still give you an idea whether or not the basic style and mechanics are for you or not.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Yeah, I saw that stuff. I thought the Alpha stuff was from last year?

It's pretty old, yeah. Anyway, it's only $10 on Steam and if you don't feel like (what is quite honestly gearing up to be my favorite game since Fallout 2) it's worth that amount of money then there's something irrevocably wrong with you anyway. ;)

p.s. but yes, the alpha should still give you an idea whether or not the basic style and mechanics are for you or not.

I am fundamentally opposed to buying early access/beta access for games. I just don't like the idea. But I've read enough of your posts to know that you and I share a somewhat similar aesthetic WRT to games, or at least what makes a good one. So I trust your judgement on that FO2 comment.

The older alpha videos still looked pretty goddamn cool. I will shell out $$ when this thing is done, for sure.

Severian Silk

Yeah, this is one thing I have been wondering about. I.e. the game has a high difficulty level, and I was worrying if there were only a few viable builds in the game. I'm not a big fan of weapon degradation either, unless there are mechanics and a ton of other guns to choose from like in JA2.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't played the latest version (or any version for at least a year), but I don't remember hacking and lockpicking to be mandatory unless you have OCPD or something. Was this changed in one of the updates?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Really looking forward to this game, but waiting for release before buying, because I won't touch Early Access version anyway if I get it now.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You could buy it and not play it until it's done.
Then buy it again when it's all done and done.
That's what I'm doing now. I've bought it once, and when it's all completed, I'll buy a Codex collector's edition for myself, then two more for two guys I know who will like it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
and never get anything for my money
if you're religious, p. sure supporting underrail counts as a few brownie points in your respective afterlife or towards future reincarnations, if you ain't, you get to die with a selfrighteous smug smile on your face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom