Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
being around the deathwatch, outnumbered as they may be, is a pretty safe option all things considered. they are supposed to be the best of the best, after all.

Only until Matt Ward finds a way to induct ULTRAMEHREENZ into TEH GREY TEMPLURS! :smug:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
being around the deathwatch, outnumbered as they may be, is a pretty safe option all things considered. they are supposed to be the best of the best, after all.

Only until Matt Ward finds a way to induct ULTRAMEHREENZ into TEH GREY TEMPLURS! :smug:

:eek:

Root WH Campaigns were always Wardian in spirit... Yes you can RP Warhammer seriously, not that I complain since they give me plenty of LULZium.

ironyuri

root, can you try to work in the phrase: "THEY'RE COMIN' OUTTA THE GOD DAMN WALLS! GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!"

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
i thought these were going to be unknown aliens that you made up :(

you mean the xenomorphs black goo children? they arent even around​
there's a connection, yes, but not the one you're probably thinking of​

Things are getting a bit over the top, TBH. Xenomorphs, Chaos, and now 'nids thrown into the mix... When are the Necrons coming?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
3. Put everything in the Emperor's tender hands and trust him to protect his chosen from an exploding plasma cannon. It's what the Space Marines would want.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
nothing else is coming. and whatever is here always was. its only the order of the factors that is being misinterpreted.
Heretics summon daemons. The "Engineers" get maed and send xenomorphs to kill them. Tyranids want to eat everything, and think having acid blood would be pretty nifty. :M

obiter dictum

Novice
also, since interest apparently dropped sharply (and tbh, so did mine, the story kind of ran away from me p early and just let it go on), i think i'll be ending this quite soon so we can move on to better things
Long time lurker signed up to say that I thought this was really good from the beginning, but started declining when the players made really stupid decisions (haven't you fucking people learned by now that succumbing to chaos temptations fucks your character up? Didn't you learn anything from root's previous wh40k IF?). Hope you continue it or start a new one though, really enjoy your writing style and take on the wh40k universe.

oscar

Arcane
Except for the fact that cock-ups are an integral and unavoidable part of these sort of games.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Thanks for the time and resources you put into this root. Too bad we couldn't fully explore whatever you had prepared for us, but you can only give us so much hints how to survive (and not always fight) whatever you throw into our faces. Hoping to see another one as soon as you can be arsed to.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You're late to the party, The Brazilian Slaughter. It was already revealed that the xenomorphs we were up against were tyranids that got themselves a nurgle infection of sorts. Shadow in the warp.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, root was/is pretty good at making us believe we were stronger than we actually were. We received a mediocre awesome-sounding perk and a follower who sounded somewhat useful but was a mere mutant, but that's how 40k rolls. Thinking you could make a difference, when all you are is just another meaningless number that noone cares about even when you're somewhat higher up in the hierarchy. Unless you're a character written by Matt Ward.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In WH40K you have choice between Heroic death fighting teh Emprah enemies or being shot by Emprah Adepts 15 minutes later for being heretic and coward cunt. Average IG Guardsmen lifespan once reached battlefield? 16 hours... Unless You have really good plot armor or being spawned from unholy Mat Ward. Bros flip-flopping and assigning our Armored Fist company into combat suited for SM Terminators didn't helped but at least we got down as proper Guardsmen do; holding the line and dieing standing (minus the Demonic possession part this was :retarded:)

ITZ acceptable to shed a single manly tear at the end of his speech. :salute:

oscar

Arcane
I guess the logic was that if the ultimate goal for a Guardsman is to sacrifice his life to ensure the Imperium's victory, than a guy who sacrifices his life and his soul must be doubly noble.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Jesus, guys, I stumbled across this thread while looking for info on the Deathwatch game and proceeded to get sucked in so much that I read the entire thing over the course of a couple of days.

I'm not sure which I found more entertaining: root's excellent writing, or the way that Ulminati would rage when the group made a stupid decision.

Anyway, everyone who participated deserves a :salute:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom