Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

ironyuri

The Codex is for the Astartes, not for the IG. We can gtfo if we so please, Mattheus would probably try to cover our retreat and die trying.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Madly dash through open killing fields vs sit down surrounded and wait for deff, WHICH IS BETTER AND WHY

at least the second one has slightly increased chances cuz MATT WAAAAAAAAARD is there to guide us.

The Codex Astartes names this manoeuvre steel rain...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
2. Stand behind by Matthaeus, he is Blessed by the Emperor and if we stand by him we will gain that protection.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
2. Matt Ward's protecting us, what could go wrong?
Plus I've got a sneaking suspicion that he'll just shoot us in the back of the face for cowardice and/or heresy if we try it.

Kayerts

Arcane
2. With the masterful strategies of Roboute Guilliman, and alongside Matthaeus Custodis, Equal-To-The-Primarchs, victory is all but guaranteed!

Esquilax

Arcane
Their main belief is to revere the Primarch, even though they don't really employ most of Guilliman's methods.

I figured that our guys didn't really follow the Codex Astartes?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Their main belief is to revere the Primarch, even though they don't really employ most of Guilliman's methods.

I figured that our guys didn't really follow the Codex Astartes?

Matthaeus Custodis is the Codex Astartes. When Robotman wrote it the Emperor gave him a vision of the future, of Matthaeus, and it was Matthaeus's epic strategic feats that he patterned the Codex after.

ironyuri

I can't wait to see Mattheus' "epic strategic victory" in this situation. :smug:

Too bad for us, we're not playing Mattheus, just a nameless guardsman who won't survive.

Kayerts

Arcane
I can't wait to see Mattheus' "epic strategic victory" in this situation. :smug:

Yeah, it's tricky. Root's got a few options here:

A) "I regret only that I have but one guardsman to give for my Emperor," remarks Matthaeus, bravely tossing the corporal's screaming body into the mutants and charging in the opposite direction.

B) Matthaeus notices the flicker of shadow a moment too late. The mutant's claws are snaking toward him, impossibly fast--only to be stopped by the body of a brave corporal, who gives his life that his Spiritual Liege might live. The Brother-Librarian dispatches the mutant with a swing of his staff, then looks to his fallen comrade in arms. The man is convulsing, likely about to turn. "Any last words, guardsman?" he inquires, raising his force-staff to administer the Emperor's Peace.

"Now . . . I will never . . . be an Ultramarine," the corporal whispers, his face full of regret.

C) "Good man," Matthaeus says, clapping the corporal on his back and knocking the wind out of him. "Hold fast. There is only one maneuver that can save us now." The Brother-Librarian pulls out a small rectangular object and seems to fall into a trance, reflecting in it. The corporal is left alone, facing the six dark shapes in front of him.

Swearing softly, he levels his bolt pistol. Well, he'll do his best.

He takes aim. They come.

BLAM!

One mutant falls, claws clutching at the empty air that suddenly fills the center of its forehead.

BLAM!

Another mutant halts, stopped dead by a blast that separates the left side of its chest from its body.

BLAM!

A third mutant goes down, snarling as the corporal's shot severs its legs from under it. But now the three last mutants are almost upon him. It was a good try, but he won't have time to reload.

Matthaeus's voice rings out behind the corporal. "Multiple--"

A huge metal cannister drops from the sky, crushing one of the creatures.

"Simultaneous--"

A second drop pod erases all evidence that another mutant had ever tainted this world.

"And Devastating--"

A third drop pod annihilates the last of the mutants.

"Defensive deep strikes!" Matthaeus proclaims triumphantly, as a fourth drop pod lands and turns the corporal's body into a grease stain. A brave-looking Ultramarine steps out, looking sheepishly back at the the drop pod. "Was that one of ours?"

"No worries, brother," said Matthaeus, "To each of us falls a task, and all that Steel Rain requires of guardsmen is that they hold the line and die standing."

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So we've basically completely abandoned the relatively serious CYOA with a few cheesy pop culture references sprinkled about ('five rounds rapid'? that one hurt) and have basically gone balls deep into self parody?

ironyuri

I think Codex voted for balls deep into self-parody some time around the REDEEMUH part. So root's just working with what he's got really...

Baltika9

Arcane
D. Not too cowardly and not too brave. I doubt the bookkeeper survived this long in battle or in bunkers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom