Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Kayerts

Arcane
The Lord General doesn't seem to like the =I= or the MB, so he might be reasoned with. Is the =I= using the LG's first name because he is condescending to him?

Well:

root said:
I: [..] You know I’m here as a friend [..]
LG: I know what the Magos means, Inquisitor [...]
LG: It’s a good thing you mentioned spirits, Magos. <A pop and a fizzing sound> Would any of you care for some Amasec? It’s rather good, I heard it only took about three regiments of Drop Troopers to secure the particular planet it came from. A bargain, as I’m sure you’d all agree.

Two observations:

MB sounds more suspicious in that exchange than the =I= did. The medicae decks may be an unhealthy place to be right now.

LG refers to =I= by his rank. However, he wants to at least appear friendly with =I=. I'm guessing he values the appearance of cordiality, though their relationship lacks warmth. That's still quite a bit ahead of Private Schäfer's relationship with his LG.

ironyuri

The Lord General doesn't seem to like the =I= or the MB, so he might be reasoned with. Is the =I= using the LG's first name because he is condescending to him?

Well:

root said:
I: [..] You know I’m here as a friend [..]
LG: I know what the Magos means, Inquisitor [...]
LG: It’s a good thing you mentioned spirits, Magos. <A pop and a fizzing sound> Would any of you care for some Amasec? It’s rather good, I heard it only took about three regiments of Drop Troopers to secure the particular planet it came from. A bargain, as I’m sure you’d all agree.

Two observations:

MB sounds more suspicious in that exchange than the =I= did. The medicae decks may be an unhealthy place to be right now.

LG refers to =I= by his rank. However, he wants to at least appear friendly with =I=. I'm guessing he values the appearance of cordiality, though their relationship lacks warmth. That's still quite a bit ahead of Private Schäfer's relationship with his LG.

LG: Why should I send my troops down there if you’re just going to blast the entire damned planet, Inquisitor?
I: The Conclave has not yet signed off on the Exterminatus order, Horatio. You know I’m here as a friend and I’m telling you to hurry things along before they do.
LG: And if my troops succeed, the Inquisition will let them go, will they? I’ve known your lot had entire regiments exterminated because they saw ‘too much’ or were ‘tainted’ or some such nonsense.
I: Chaos is not nonsense, Horatio. It is the great enemy. You’d allow it to fester among us merely out of sympathy for a few thousand lives?

I trade you that exchange. The LG seems to be well aware that the =I= will have regiments/men exterminated because they've "seen too much". He mistrusts the =I= and their 'nonsense'.

I haven't voted yet because I don't know which is better and why, but the relationship between LG and =I= and between Schafer and Commissar is not clear cut.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So just to be entirely certain, this is not a choice between left and right but a choice between trying to reach the Lord General (who has clout, but we don't know if he'll believe a lowly guardsman) and the commissar (who was obviously outraged by =I=, but may not have the clout to protect us long enough to get the story of =I='s HERESY out), correct?

ironyuri

So just to be entirely certain, this is not a choice between left and right but a choice between trying to reach the Lord General (who has clout, but we don't know if he'll believe a lowly guardsman) and the commissar (who was obviously outraged by =I=, but may not have the clout to protect us long enough to get the story of =I='s HERESY out), correct?

And between the LG who might have us shot for presuming upon his person, and the Commissar who might have us evaluated and then shot.

I FIND YOUR HERESY.... FABULOUS

FabulousBile.jpg

Esquilax

Arcane

In that case, it's a pretty logical choice: pick the Lord General. It's like this, there five ways that I can see this going down:

We go to the Commissar, he doesn't believe us = BLAM
We go to the Commissar, he believes us, LG doesn't = BLAM
Commissar believes us, vouches for us, LG believes us ==> We're safe, but in the time it takes to try and cover us, who fuck knows what the Inquisitor will do? By which I mean, the Inquisitor will use this time to transform into his true form as a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh while singing a madness-inducing but awesome rendition of "When Doves Cry". So basically, BLAM.

We go to the LG, he asks "who the fuck are you supposed to be?" and he doesn't believe us = BLAM
We go to the LG, take our chances and he believes us = We're safe, and the LG will be in a position to avert a catastrophe.

Based on that, I vote LEFT, let's take our chances with the LG.

OK, now it's time for me to yell at you stupid motherfuckers. We are playing an iron-willed Guardsman who killed his CO on the first whiff of heresy - so why the fuck did you want to keep him alive? Shepard was clearly willing to face the possibility of execution when he killed his CO, so what's another body to the tally - so it's an Inquisitor, fuck 'em. A lot of people voted to keep the dude alive because they thought "lol kay-oss is kewl" or that they found working with a Radical Inquisitor interesting. Which admittedly it is, but it's not true to our character.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Odds are the shep is gonna get *BLAM*'d regardless. We just need to figure out how to get him into a position to expose the =I= so he'll get *BLAM*'d alongside us.

ironyuri

I voted to keep him alive because I thought it was a narrative device deployed by root as a feint:

Schafer has killed a CO for heresy before, =I= drags him along with the knowledge he will do so again if need be. =I= allows taint to infect him, to better understand it, but overcomes it, knows that Schafer will BLAM, so appeals to him to stand down, because what are the odds of another CO becoming heretic so easily, especially an Inquisitor who has explicitly acknolwedged that this guardsman is ready to BLAM heresy.

Basically, I thought the =I= really was still himself and that BLAMMing him would result in plague zombie rape, or chaos rape when we tried to return to the Thronum without his protection from the substance which he now understood.

ironyuri

uh, who says the inquisitor isn't himself? I never said he turned heretic. all he did was set you up so you wouldn't spread the word of what you've seen to other people. that's hardly heretical for a radical inquisitor.

he can be himself and still be a cunt, considering you're just a guardsman liable to make trouble

:rage:

That confirms the LG's fears of:

I’ve known your lot had entire regiments exterminated because they saw ‘too much’ or were ‘tainted’ or some such nonsense.

The plot thickens.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And we need to have him painted as traitor scum so he'll get blamm'd. Shepard goes down fighting, man!

ironyuri

well, yeah. that's how the INquisition works. I mean, I thought you'd knew. Just because he wants you dead doesn't mean he's a slaaneshi daemon prince, it just means he wants to do his stuff without being bothered.

Well I assumed he thought we were cool when we didn't turn his face into corned beef. Although this will troll the bros who thought he'd give us a hand up into the =I= :trololololol:

So by visiting the LG or Commissar we are not necessarily reporting heresy, just what we saw and pleading our case that we are not tainted... but then we might be executed for not accepting the ruling of the =I=...?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I hope someone's kept a tortoise in one of the bunks, thrown tortoises are a good way of dealing with errant quisitors.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And we need to have him painted as traitor scum so he'll get blamm'd. Shepard goes down fighting, man!

Nah, root just needs to specify what kind of power armoire the inquisitor has.

If it's a Mark VIII 'Errant', well...

MkVIII_Errant.jpg

Look at all that additional collar to grab @_@

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Look at all that additional collar to grab @_@

You make a compelling argument for going to the commissar. Those greatcoats, man. If we're gonna die regardless, we may as well go for the biggest collar to grab before the BLAM

Baltika9

Arcane
Left.

Rootbro, can we use the fate point to get outta this alive?

Edit: Flipped the flappin' flop to RIGHT.

ironyuri

you'll have more than opportunity to die in the Black Hold, so yes. You can use the fp to get out of one of them alive.

but do we have more than one opportunity to succeed in the black hold? or only one? :P

lightbane

Arcane
Sounds like the Inquisitor was trained into the Biowarian School of Choices.

I say Left, the Comissar's duty is to execute the the heretics and the dissident, we are the latter by now.

By the way, shouldn't we be able to reroll that failed Willpower test using our Fate point?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There’s a sudden chill in the air and you see one of the naval provosts accompanying you shiver. Immediately you feel your hair standing on end as some terrible fever takes you. You start sweating profusely and look down at your hands: Your veins are popping and darkening, much like what happened to the Inquisitor. You look at him, and he looks back at you with a mixture of respect and pity. What in Throne’s name…?

‘He’s been infected! Provosts! Take him to the brig immediately and throw him into the containment cells until the Biologus can perform an autopsy.’

‘Inquisitor! I must protest! He passed decontamination and furthermore this is one of my men! He is to be subjected to an evaluation, at least, before you gun him down like a dog!’ Your commissar shouts, his face a mask of rage.

‘No time! He could infect us all! Marshalls, take him away!’

Your skin’s burning and it feels like your blood is boiling inside you. You parry the provost’s swing with your combat knife and ram your elbow into his gut. The other one swings his shock-staff towards you but you side-step it and crouch down into a swooping kick. A few others join the scuffle where you’re eventually overpowered, still burning. In the fight you somehow manage to grab ahold of one of the marshall provost’s holo-identifiers and you keep it clenched tight within your hands while they handcuff you and take you away. The Inquisitor watches you go.

He's a bro, he just won't see it yet. Would he look at us with respect/pity if he were a deamon?

I still say we need to turn this around. We want him on our side. M:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ah, fuck it. Too little information given to make an informed decision. Go LEFT, try to shoot as many people as possible before we die I guess.

Kayerts

Arcane
Ah, maybe the Inquisitor has not gone completely rogue. Maybe he's just a high-ranking man who's using his mental abilities and power armor to conceal his mutations acquired from an unknown xeno entity. We should probably step back and let him do his thing, I trust it will end well.

I'm thinking that our choice of destination should be a choice about whether we believe the =I= is corrupted. If we do, we should go to the LG, on the grounds that he's in a much better position to control the threat. There's a higher chance of BLAM!, but it's our best chance of stopping the =I=.

If the inquisitor isn't corrupted, I'm not really sure what our motivation is, beyond staying alive. I have the feeling that going to the commissar will probably result in a better story, since we're likely to be operating covertly as part of a small command, while the general situation becomes more and more fucked up.

You look at him, and he looks back at you with a mixture of respect and pity. What in Throne’s name…?

He's a bro, he just won't see it yet. Would he look at us with respect/pity if he were a deamon?

That sounds like Grandfather Nurgle's M.O., honestly, but I suspect you're right that it's a clue.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, you sad cocks, you've had this inquisitor betrayal coming.

You went against the chief tenets of the Steel Legion and abandoned your comrades in times of need, preferring to hide in metal bawkses.

So in turn you were abandoned.

Good riddance. FEWLS.

Baltika9

Arcane
Heresy? Betrayal? Exposing yourself to xeno substances and getting out alive? Wanton use of psychic powers? Exterminating battalions for the lulz? I wanna work for this guy. He seems the subtle collargrabbing type.

Gondolin

Arcane

I still say we need to turn this around. We want him on our side. M:

Feeling pity for killing an innocent man is one thing. Seeing evidence you wanted disposed of coming back from the dead to bite you in the ass is something else. I don't think the =I= guy will take kindly to our refusal to die and stay dead.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You went against the chief tenets of the Steel Legion and abandoned your comrades in times of need, preferring to hide in metal bawkses.

If the inquisitard is looking to rid himself of us, what exactly would've stopped him from airstriking the promethium refinery with napalm once we were inside? It would've been an even nearter way to kill off all the evidence.
Also, I'd love to see those chief tenets of yours. Lexicanum doesn't list them, neither does Only War.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I'd love to see those chief tenets of yours. Lexicanum doesn't list them, neither does Only War.

I am the law :troll:

what exactly would've stopped him from airstriking the promethium refinery with napalm once we were inside?

The AdMech, for one thing.

And second, he'd probably think 'lulz they're so dead' and stop thinking about it any further.

Baltika9

Arcane

If the inquisitard is looking to rid himself of us, what exactly would've stopped him from airstriking the promethium refinery with napalm once we were inside? It would've been an even nearter way to kill off all the evidence.
I've a feeling that gunny and his team won't make it back due to "technical problems with the aircraft."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom