Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
‘They come…they come…stop them, you must stop them…’

Let them come... we are ready :martini:

Tri-lobed eye is a Nyarlathotep reference

But what if it's Balor, the three-eyed tyrant, about to smack us down with eyebeams?!

Anyway, whatever is waking up out there, there's no way in hell it can be stopped by a ragtag bunch of guardsmen. It can't be stopped by half of that bunch either.

1) We know our duty and we will do it.

Baltika9

Arcane
3 blowing unmaned artilery this is what Commissar and half of theam can do... we should press with as many meltas we can get inside... After our Regiment earned the attention of HOLT.... LORD COMMISSAR HOLT (not tom mention our prevous fuckups) we can't expect the paper shield of orders to protect our hides, besides once Hydras are eliminated we will have Banebladede backing us... Either we or Holt should be able to finish the job then.... ONWARD FOR EMPRAH!

In that case, keep the team intact and blow up the basilisks FIRST, and then go with the Baneblade into the city, together. Don't split up, that would be stupid. Besides which, morale is low, one of the boys looks like he'll leg it the moment he can.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I dunno, Commissar Draco. Inventing new objectives on the battlefield seldom goes well. The only evidence we have is the ramblings of a psyker who by definition is borderline heretical anyway.

Blow the guns, report back, come back later if need be seems a more prudent less retarded course of action. If whatever's down there is warp-tainted, we're not equipped to deal with it. If it's necrons, we're not equipped to deal with it. If it's slumbering necrons and we MELTA them, guess, what, we won't have explosives for the artillery. Remember we lost half our demolition charges when sargeant dumbfuck went AWOL.

lightbane

Arcane
Psyker Jurgen?? And you kill him just like that??? You jerk, Ciaphas doesn't approve.

I vote for 1, we don't have the resources nor the manpower to deal with haunted cities.

Voting 1)

We have our orders - our job is to take out the emplacements to allow our forces to advance. (not to mention to report what we found so far). Besides, we really are in no shape for whatever is happening in the city. Maybe once we have some backup we can find out what is happening.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dunno, Commissar Draco. Inventing new objectives on the battlefield seldom goes well. The only evidence we have is the ramblings of a psyker who by definition is borderline heretical anyway.

Blow the guns, report back, come back later if need be seems a more prudent less retarded course of action. If whatever's down there is warp-tainted, we're not equipped to deal with it. If it's necrons, we're not equipped to deal with it. If it's slumbering necrons and we MELTA them, guess, what, we won't have explosives for the artillery. Remember we lost half our demolition charges when sargeant dumbfuck went AWOL.

If we didn't played in Adeptus Kitchenus we would have enough Disciplined and Motivated Men, Elan and explosives to do both.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

If we didn't played in Adeptus Kitchenus we would have enough Disciplined and Motivated Men, Elan and explosives to do both.

But we did, so we don't. I don't like it any more than you. Don't compromise mission objectives on the ramblings of a warp-whore, or so help me I will shoot you before Commissar Bolter Bitch gets the chance.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Going with 1. So the enemies are most likely heretics, though a genestealer cult isn't out of the question, either. If it is the latter then we shouldn't split up, as the two leaving us could get captured and infected with genestealer DNA, which could definitely foul things up in the long run. Or better yet, WE could get captured and infected with genestealer DNA, which would REALLY fuck things up in the long run. Though getting captured and faceraped by genestealers would be a rather fitting end to our run as The worst fucking member of the Steel Legion in history.

Plus Commissar Holt strikes me as the type of man who'd, even if we managed to personally stop 'No-Arms' Abaddon from invading, still shoot us in the face for disobeying orders.

Kayerts

Arcane
btw, was that a vote?

Nah. The bros make decent arguments, 1 is probably correct for the lieutenant. If we had men and demo charges to spare, that might be different, but as things stand, the best thing we can do is ensure that when whatever is in there erupts, it isn't handed a fortified position.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I've always thought Codexers were learning animals. Remember Holt.

Vote 1).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
By the way, something people may want to have clarified is --- exactly how corrupt is 7 corruptions points, like it was stated we had a few updates back.

I'm not root, so don't take this as 100% canon. But Insanity/corruption points are handled pretty much the same way in dark heresy/rogue trader/death watch/only war. If we assume our corruption points follow these, then the Only War beta pdf lays it out like this:

Corruption can only be gained, not lost. For every 10 points of corruption, guardsmen have to make a willpower test. Failure means their body and soul is begomming physically corrupted by the influence of the warp. This results in a random malediction being generated from a nice big table. Examples are things like:

34-45 Witch-mark: the character develops some minor physical deformity or easily concealable mutation. It is small, but perhaps enough to consign him to death if found out by a fanatical witch-hunter or a paticularly vigilant commissar. It's in his best interests to hide it well.
61-63 Night terrors: The character is plagued by daemonic visions in his sleep. This functions identically to the Horrific Nightmares Disorder (see page 229)
76-80 Malign sight: The world seems to darken, tarnish and rot if the character looks at anything too long. The characters perception is reduced by 1d10

For every 30 corruption points players get a cumulative -10 modifier (on a d100 roll) to resist further maledictions/mutations stemming from corruptions.

Once the guardsman hits 30, 60 and 90 corruption, there's a risk he develops funky mutations. At 100 corruption he's utterly lost and damned and ceases to be a PC.
The same chapter also stresses that commissars are trained to spot the signs of corruption. So the higher our corruption score gets, the more aweso-- *BLAM!*

TL;DR:
We have 7 corruption. It's not enough to have an effect yet, but we're getting p. close to our first quirk. Assuming Corruption works like in the pen&paper rules.

oscar

Arcane
If we hadn't have gone Kitchenus Adeptus we would have likely have gotten more than the bitchslap for subverting the chain-of-command. I think our mistake was more trying to curry the favour of Holt for petty revenge. But then again, it's hard to say for sure with a root LP. Things have a way of spectacularly backfiring.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's a crying shame we didn't have the option to report everything Holt did to our commander but explicitly tell Holt that we were ordered to do so and we're not about to disobey a direct order. That would've been the EMPRAH-approved way to curry favour with both of them.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Remember Holt.
1244960650218.gif

Commissar Holt.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
Psyker Jurgen?? And you kill him just like that??? You jerk, Ciaphas doesn't approve.
I doubt he's the Jurgen, that guy's a psychic blank. He doesn't have a warp signature and his mere presence can send psykers into fits. He's practically an anti-psyker.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sue me but I'd like to find out what happens if we find a daemon in the hive, slaughter our own squad while engaging him and hoping he likes what he sees to grant us a chance for revenge. Maybe we are even able to summon some daemon prince together with Khaldor Draigo into the world. I'd love to kick that fucking piece of shit in the nuts. Fucking Grey Knights fluff.

Holt doesn't strike me as a man who'd just forgive our previous failures because we shut down unmanned artillery. Guess we're gonna see whatever three-eyed monster root bestows upon us soon enough, so we might aswell try to follow the chain of command for some while - 1

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sue me but I'd like to find out what happens if we find a daemon in the hive, slaughter our own squad while engaging him and hoping he likes what he sees to grant us a chance for revenge. Maybe we are even able to summon some daemon prince together with Khaldor Draigo into the world. I'd love to kick that fucking piece of shit in the nuts. Fucking Grey Knights fluff.

:brodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom