Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bg2_up44_048.jpg

I was kinda waiting for this because I've always wondered (for some absolutely inexplicable reason) how the golem was called in inglese.

Potato version's "Spaślak" was much, much better :rpgcodex:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you want to improve AC, the only real way to do so consistently is spells. In particular, the lvl 4 spell Spirit Armor lasts for a real-time hour and should get your base AC to around -11 or -12.

And I vote for the limited wish quest because :troll:. And because doing WK3 before getting the bag of holding is cruel and unusual.

Erebus

Arcane
I never passed that stat check with Gracen. It really is spectacularly useless.

Now that our hero can use Whirlwind and Horrid Wilting, he's becoming pretty powerful. But I'm still not in favor of WK3. It would probably take forever (anti-magic areas, powerful opponents and three very difficult fights) and if The Codex nevertheless managed to complete it, he would become so powerful the rest of Shadows of Amn would be rather boring.

I vote for the main quest.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Btw, why pick whirlwind attack when the greater version is available?
Whirlwind is a prereq. of greater whirlwind.

I know, but it wasn't greyed out in the screenie, so we must already have the lesser whirlwind skill.
Pretty sure it un-greys when you select whirlwind, a quirk of the GUI.
Yes, this.

The Codex does not have Horrid Wilting, by the way. I should probably buy it somewhere.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The saddest thing about that is that they succeeded the first time, before I lost my save games and had to replay that part.
We probably won't actually need this spell before Underdark anyway, so no biggie.

Erebus

Arcane
Unless I missed something, it's been a while since we last saw our hero's spellbook. What 8th-level spells does he have ? Spell Trigger ? Simulacrum ?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Haer'dalis is not gay... I guess he would be, if this game was released a few years later... Hm...
From Haer'dalis' entry TV Tropes' BG characters page:

Bi the Way: He's the only male character able to have (off-screen) sex with a male drow slave. Word of God says it's intentional.
Word of Gay: He's bisexual (or, as David Gaider puts it, "up for anything").

Remember, BG2 was Gayder's first game at BioWare.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Haer'dalis is not gay... I guess he would be, if this game was released a few years later... Hm...
From Haer'dalis' entry TV Tropes' BG characters page:

Bi the Way: He's the only male character able to have (off-screen) sex with a male drow slave. Word of God says it's intentional.

Yeah, I kind of knew that.
:hmmm:

kind of knew that
:what:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Vital enemies escaping in near death situation with "I'm not finished with ya, looser" cliche. Well, always good reason for play till the end. Something like that...

I'll keep my vote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom