Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

ALchymist

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Potion of Clarity + good armour class solves quite a lot of the problems too, particularly with a bombardment to soften them up first. Only worth it if you are determined to get through the area without resting - which definitely is worth aiming for if you want to keep any challenge before ToB.

Erebus

Arcane
It's true, mind flayers can kill skeleton warriors in one or two hits.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty sure INT drain can kill anything in the game, including things that are supposed to be invincible. It wears off fairly quickly though.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
You forgot the halfling ghost's sidequest in the graveyard, but it doesn't really matter.

Sodafish

Arcane
I'm pretty sure INT drain can kill anything in the game, including things that are supposed to be invincible. It wears off fairly quickly though.

Pretty sure Mordy's swords are invulnerable to it. At least with the proper patches.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So what do we have left in Athkatla? How about just truncating the options to:

a) The rest of the quests in town
b) Watcher's Keep
c) Main quest line

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the list in the opening post, we have these options:

- Edwin's Quest
- Fallen Paladins
- Main Quest: Shadow Thieves' Guild
- Watcher's Keep Level 3
- Wish Quest
- Yoshimo's mission from Renal Bloodscalp <- EDIT: turns out it was Mae'Var

I'm not sure if Edwin's and Yoshimo's quests are even doable at this point. I have no idea where to find either of them. Yoshimo is supposed to be in Copper Coronet, right? I don't think I have seen him on my repeated visists there. Similar thing with Edwin, and also, I think you have to spend some time with the red mage in order to trigger his quest at all (which is out of the question).

Wish quest is technically doable, except The Codex has no wish spell or scroll (I bet we can find/buy one, though).

As for fallen paladins, I don't even know, as I've never done that, I believe.

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
Edwin is found in the upper floor of Mae'Var's place, but yeah his quest is not feasible for a solo game.

edit: oops, meant Mae'Var not Renal.

Last edited:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not sure if Edwin's and Yoshimo's quests are even doable at this point. I have no idea where to find either of them. Yoshimo is supposed to be in Copper Coronet, right? I don't think I have seen him on my repeated visists there. Similar thing with Edwin, and also, I think you have to spend some time with the red mage in order to trigger his quest at all (which is out of the question).
I've never actually been able to find a special mission for Yoshimo, but he should be in the bottom-right area of the coronet. Edwin should be at the top near the stairs to the 2nd level.

And you do indeed need to have Edwin in your party for a long time for the quest, but it is possible to set the timers to 0 using shadowkeeper.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe Yoshimo's Mission is just the Mae'Var thing? My memory is wonky here. Gotta check.

FAKE EDIT: Yeah, it is. So much for that.

ACTUAL EDIT: As for Edwin, we will only do the first part (obtaining the nether scroll), because I don't want to fuck around with console commands and/or shadowkeeper. This means the whole thing will be very short, so I will combine it with a bonus quest, which must remain unannounced atm.

BTW, You can vote for the next step in The Codex' journey already.

Last edited:

ALchymist

Educated
Patron
Aim for the main quest, if only to solve carrying problems so Shadow Thieves

Bilgefar

Savant
Maybe Yoshimo's Mission is just the Mae'Var thing? My memory is wonky here. Gotta check.

FAKE EDIT: Yeah, it is. So much for that.

ACTUAL EDIT: As for Edwin, we will only do the first part (obtaining the nether scroll), because I don't want to fuck around with console commands and/or shadowkeeper. This means the whole thing will be very short, so I will combine it with a bonus quest, which must remain unannounced atm.

BTW, You can vote for the next step in The Codex' journey already.

Technically there's another Yoshimo mission, which involves taking his heart to the temple of Ilmater (after he betrays you naturally). Of course this would require that you take him with you through Brynnlaw, which seems out of the question.

Another vote for the main quest. I know how big a pain solo inventory management is without a bag of holding.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yeah, we won't be dragging Yoshimo to Spellhold for organ extraction. Too much hassle, even though 200K XP is a nice reward.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not entirely sure what fallen paladins stand for, but I'm all for completing everything possible before moving on with the main quest so...

Erebus

Arcane
I'm not entirely sure what fallen paladins stand for

I think it's a quest that's given to you by the Order of the Radiant Heart. From what I remember, it's not very long or very interesting.

Anyway, I'm voting for the Main Quest.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

I think it's a quest that's given to you by the Order of the Radiant Heart. From what I remember, it's not very long or very interesting.

You just have to infiltrate then fight some fallen paladins in the northeast corner of the Bridge District. In order to increase its length, the devs added a fetch quest in the middle.

ALchymist

Educated
Patron

You just have to infiltrate then fight some fallen paladins in the northeast corner of the Bridge District. In order to increase its length, the devs added a fetch quest in the middle.
Don't forget the C&C though. Be honourable and fight fewer enemies.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

Don't forget the C&C though. Be honourable and fight fewer enemies.
You do remember who the protagonist is, right?
codex_10.jpg

Joking aside, thanks for reminding me; I forgot that part.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Wait, I actually remeber this fallen paladins quest now. It was so shitty I erased it from memory.

It is very short, so I am morphing it together with Edwin's Quest and the bonus thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom