Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Lets help Servo find a RPG he likes to play!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK. I think you would like Wizardy 6 then. There isn't much of a story though..... But you can GET THE RING and then import your party in VII.

VI at least will give you a good overall exposure to the games mechanics.

:Flash:

Arcane
I'm going to recommend Realms of Arkania (the originals, of course)
I'm not very fond of combat, either. But RoA is heavy on world interaction with stats, instead of combat only stats.
Things like playing the lute or dancing at a bar (success chances according to stats), stat check against fear of height when crossing a bridge, stats for hunting and collecting herbs, and actually needing them, etc., those are the strengths of RoA, and IMO much more interesting than some stupid dungeon dwelling monsters.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
A guy who doesn't like RPGs in the Codex...
Since you like the Souls games there is hope for you perhaps you would like Blade of Darkness of Might and Magic Dark Messiah?
Arx Fatalis would also be a suggestion since you liked Morrowind, or Deus Ex

dragonbait

Augur
Is Servo a nod to Tom Servo? If yes then infinite brofists to you.

Tom Servo is exactly what I was thinking of when reading his username.
200px-Tom_Servo.JPG

Lhynn

Arcane
Rename thread to "Servo hates rpgs" please.

btw Servo, played Dark Messiah? Invictus mentioned it before. It is a really fun action RPG, story driven and linear but with a bit of exploration and really enjoyable combat, some of the stuff you can do in that game will leave you giggling.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm with ya, Servo. You guys just trolling, or are you being stupid on purpose?

Joking aside, I somewhat agree. I think it's worth pointing out that Servo only posted a couple of questionable posts and now he's getting a bunch of flak in this thread for allegedly not liking RPGs - at the same time there are posters on the Codex who don't even fucking play RPGs and still continue to shitpost thousands upon thousands of times in RPG threads while people keep falling all over themselves to feed them trolls. God damn it, biased liberal media Codex! :P

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Try Betrayal at Krondor. It's not very combat heavy and the combat is quite good and quickly done. And there's lots of other stuff to do besides combat. One of the few CRPGs that have all the right ingredients and do them all well.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A guy who doesn't like RPGs in the Codex...
Since you like the Souls games there is hope for you perhaps you would like Blade of Darkness of Might and Magic Dark Messiah?
Arx Fatalis would also be a suggestion since you liked Morrowind, or Deus Ex

Gothic and especially Gothic 2 NOTR deserve a mention in that company.

Servo

Arcane
Did you try Might & Magic X?

No. I need to play 2-9 first ;)

So from what I gather I should play:

Jagged Alliance
Quest for Glory
Wizardry 4/6
Realms of Arkania
Dark Messiah
Arx Fatalis
Deus Ex
Betrayal at Krondor
Gothic

I own QfG, Wizardry 6, Dark Messiah, Deus Ex and Gothic. Of those QfG is the oldest, so I guess I'll be playing that next (after Pool of Radiance).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is this thread the result of Jaesun having a tryhard moment? Is Jaesun the rpg gestapo?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Did you try Might & Magic X?

No. I need to play 2-9 first ;)

So from what I gather I should play:

Jagged Alliance
Quest for Glory
Wizardry 4/6
Realms of Arkania
Dark Messiah
Arx Fatalis
Deus Ex
Betrayal at Krondor
Gothic

I own QfG, Wizardry 6, Dark Messiah, Deus Ex and Gothic. Of those QfG is the oldest, so I guess I'll be playing that next (after Pool of Radiance).
Jagged Alliance 2 specifically, with some version of 1.13 applied after you've tried the vanilla game out. It will ruin other women RPGs for you.

Servo

Arcane
Is this thread the result of Jaesun having a tryhard moment? Is Jaesun the rpg gestapo?

Yeah but thread has turned out to be productive as far as I'm concerned.

Jagged Alliance 2 specifically, with some version of 1.13 applied after you've tried the vanilla game out. It will ruin other women RPGs for you.

But I have to play the first one first. It's the Right Thing to Do.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

This is like thinking you have to play the Civilization games in order.

Yeah, it will give you some historical context and might make it easier to learn the later ones, but it's not required at all for enjoyment.

Servo

Arcane
Here Servo, you can thank me later:

That shit has sucked since v. 1.0. Cut the Rope otoh is the bees knees.

Yeah, it will give you some historical context and might make it easier to learn the later ones, but it's not required at all for enjoyment.

I feel liberated. Thank you.

garfield666

Novice

it's not required to enjoy ja2, but is quite required to enjoy ja1:) fun game.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

it's not required to enjoy ja2, but is quite required to enjoy ja1:) fun game.

Exactly!How can you not play with Serious BusinessIvan Dolvich or Unusually Ruthless Reuben?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom