Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's go on a Whale's Voyage 2: Die Übermacht! (on hold)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Let's play Whale's Voyage II: Die Übermacht

As a follow-up to my Whale's Voyage LP I hereby declare the beginning of a Whale's Voyage 2: UltimaPower* LP. I've chosen to play the German Windows version, so I'll be translating the game for you as we go, which means this LP is probably going to be updated at a slower rate. Also, I'll do my best to stay true to the spirit of the first game's translation. :roll:

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Prologue
2. Character creation
3. Party time
4. Where's mah Zollerklärung!?

*Other kewl options: Ultimate Power, Superior Power, Transcendent Power, [I'm open to suggestions].

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We'll start with a hasty translation of the horrible fanfic prologue, Die Vorgeschichte, from the manual.

PROLOGUE

After the successful destruction of Sky Boulevard in 2395 -- which did away not only with the leader of the dictatorial system, General Noth, but also with the entire armed forces of the Raphastra System -- a new government, led by Jerome Doir, was established. The few army units faithful to the old regime and stationed on other planets at the time of Sky Boulevard's destruction were soon compelled to surrender. In the next three years Jerome Doir, with the help of his right hand man Gabriel Wostoc, managed to almost abolish the bureacracy network, and the communication between the people and the government was restored. The free elections that followed endorsed Jerome Doir for the work he had done, and he was appointed the first free president of the Upper House in Penthe.

From the interstellar perspective, Raphastra System started to increasingly regain recognition and influence, not least thanks to the actions of the Whale's crew.

Grotley, Kingcomrade, Mrowaksu and Korenzel, who spent their last money on the dilapidated spaceship, have since the destruction of Sky Boulevard been hailed as heroes throughout the star system. Thanks to the brisk trade they conducted with the help of the Whale, they have been travelling around the entire Raphastra System, welcomed everywhere. The Whale's characteristic shape was now recognized on many planets, connected as it was with our crew and the overthrow of the dictatorship. The media also did everything they could to raise the level of the four heroes' publicity even further. All that helped the four to substantially increase their wealth over the years.

Having already several million credits in their account, the group decided to acquire a powerful Hyper-engine that would make interstellar flights possible, allowing them to return home. The device, however, cost a fortune, and even the tremendous amount of money they had did not suffice to cover the price tag. Luckily for the crew, several banks generously offered them credit.

With the help of the new-fangled engine, the crew could now travel to the remotest star systems in no time. The first thing they did was take a vacation and visit different planets to get a picture of the galaxy. However, even though the four space traders enjoyed great recognition everywhere, they were soon to discover that their bank credit had its limits. And so they were forced, after more than two years of leave, to start their trade operations again. But even with their hard work and business links with orbit dealers, they couldn't quickly do away with the large mountain of debt, as the interest rates were quite high.

(This bit is extremely amusing as we could easily make millions of credits in no time in the previous game.)

Over the next few years, human technology made enormous progress and the interstellar trade relations between humans and alien races were extended. In 2396 a new solar system, the Gollyg System, was discovered. The system has 5 planets (Olly, Imorin, Naggly, Bios and Remly), Bios being the main one. The residents, called Bettah, are small, stocky creatures with a thick, round head. Their forehead and cheek bones are especially pronounced, with eye sockets seated deep in their bony skull. Their eyes glow red and stand in stark contrast to the blue body. Since the Bettah carry a tremendous amount of about 15 liters of blood in their relatively small bodies, their skin glows blue. They specialize mostly in technical abilities, and even though they are roughly on the same technical level as humans, they had reached this intellectual horizon several decades before humans did.

Yet another race was discovered in 2398 in a remote system. The race was called Xartorgena, after their capital planet Xartor. The Xartorgena are among the most intelligent creatures that live in the systems known to us. Many of them earn their living by trading in all sorts of goods throughout the entire universe.

Grotley, Kingcomrade, Mrowaksu and Korenzel immediately came in close contact with the newly discovered alien species. They got along especially well with a small group of Bettah who they once helped out of a jam when the latter were stuck in a time warp.

(So the Bettah are those aliens we encountered in the first game and gave the flower pot to, and helping them out is apparently part of the series' canon.)

As time went by and their interstellar trade contacts grew, the crew finally managed to repay their debt, just in time before the banks could sue them. However, the last payment done, they went bankrupt again. Without seed money they could not even accept trade orders or buy new goods.

"Hey, Kingcomrade!" Grotley shouted from the cockpit to the cargo hold. "When do we meet this guy?"

"At eleven o'clock," came the quiet reply.

"We should hurry, then, the landing will take some time", said Korenzel as he checked the technical equipment.

"If we manage to secure this deal, we'll come off a bit better financially."

An acquaintance told Kingcomrade the address of a company that traded in questionable goods. Short on money even for fuel, the crew immediately contacted the company and made an appointment. Soon they were already on their way to Snemise, the planet where the office in question was located.

"Where the hell is this house already?" asked Korenzel as they wasted more than an hour wandering through the narrow streets of an outer suburb.

"Hey, I only made an appointment, I can't know everything!" said Kingcomrade, somewhat irritated.

"Ah, this must be it! 143a Senton Road," exclaimed Mrowaksu, pleased at having discovered the building.

"OK, let's go in," said Korenzel and entered the main door.

They headed to the top floor and entered a spacious office. The secretary was waiting for them and led them into a sizable meeting room.
A little later a large, strongly built person appeared with a smoldering cigar in his mouth, who introduced himself as Mr. Gomez.

After a brief formal welcome Mr. Gomez came straight to the point.

"Gentlemen, as you surely know, in our company we frequently have customers who entrust us with 'sensitive' goods for transportation," he put an emphasis on the word 'sensitive'.

"We in our turn direct them to specific carriers. In this case, the carrier is you! Provided you accept this job, we will pay you very well."

"But what happens if these 'sensitive products' are discovered at customs?" asked Kingcomrade cautiously.

"Ah, that isn't our problem, you see, as long as you deliver the goods. How you go about that is up to you," replied Mr. Gomez dryly.

(This dialogue is killing me.)

"Fine, but how much do we get?" asked Korenzel, always the first to care about the crew's finances.

"If you take the cargo today aboard your ship and deliver it in a week at the latest to our office on Antolos, you will receive half a million credits," said Mr. Gomez.

"It's a deal!" said Mrowaksu, after exchanging glances with the other three and seeing that all were in agreement.

"What kind of goods are we talking here?" he added inquiringly.

"Nothing special, just a few tons of radioactive material. But our customer needs it for secret research. Unfortunately, he cannot carry large quantities of radioactive material to Antolos without coming in conflict with the authorities. That's why we take care of the transportation," said Mr. Gomez, still relishing his cigar. "But keep in mind that under no circumstances you may take longer than 8 days to have the goods delivered safely to Antolos."

"Yes, we know that, and we won't disappoint you", replied the four in unison.

"Good. We will refuel your ship so you can reach Antolos. In addition, we will pay you some of the money in advance -- with the rest coming on delivery," added Mr. Gomez, handing them the contracts and the pen.

Korenzel and Mrowaksu read the contracts carefully and, after making sure everything was in order, signed them. Mr. Gomez also signed the contracts and served the party some refreshments.

Enthusiastic, the four left the office and made ​​their way to the docks to load the cargo on the ship.

"In the shipping documents, we can simply declare any other commodity," suggested Grotley.

"Then we must hope no one at customs decides to check out the containers", chimed in Mrowaksu, the most cautious member of the crew.

"Oh, come on. The custom officers won't care, especially if we slip them a little something..."

"Yes, that's right," said Kingcomrade. "I never had problems with illegal goods."

"With a little loose cash we can convince the customs officer in a delicate situation like this to turn a blind eye."

After a short walk they returned to the Whale, where a small group of dock workers was waiting for them. A beefy man came forward to speak.

"We can begin loading the cargo," he said.

"Good," answered Mrowaksu quickly as he opened the entrance to the cargo hold and the beaming docks with his key card. These special docks are provided for the loading and unloading of ships. On the planet, the goods are loaded in special beaming chambers and then beamed up to the spacecraft. Later, during the unloading, the goods are beamed down to customs and monitored by customs officers.

"Bring the chests into the beaming room, we'll take care of the rest."

About half an hour later everything was loaded, and the four examined the large crates neatly stacked in the back of the cargo hold.

"Alright, let's now 'correct' the freight documents a bit," announced Mrowaksu, looking through the folder.

"Then I guess you don't need our help anymore," said Korenzel. "I and Grotley will prepare the ship for take-off."

"Yeah, go ahead, I'll sort it out, " said Mrowaksu and went towards the cockpit.

"Just look at this!" said Mrowaksu, delighted, as he showed the forged documents to Kingcomrade.

"Good job, Mrowaksu!" exclaimed Kingcomrade, examining the documents. "Really good! You've outdone yourself. "

"I don't think they're going to notice anything," said Mrowaksu. "So off we go. "

He summoned the other two members of the crew over the radio.

"Actually, we could make a little side trip to Securon and relax in the local arcades a bit," suggested Kingcomrade as he examined the programmed course to the main planet of Chemata System, Antolos. "We need only four days to get there, which means we can easily spend two days on Securon. It's on our way."

"An excellent idea! With the money we have received from Mr. Gomez, we can finally relax a bit," said Korenzel, always enthusiastic for spontaneous ideas.

"Well, you may be correct," replied Mrowaksu, "but keep in mind we must by all means do our job in time."

"Sure, that goes without saying. But certainly we can allow ourselves a little entertainment after all this time, right?" added Grotley.

No sooner said than done.

:roll:

Kingcomrade reprogrammed the course for the new target planet: Securon. In due time they arrived to the main planet of the Niomir system. Having parked the Whale in orbit, the crew of four beamed down to the capital and immediately started having fun. Being a paradise for gamblers and fun lovers of all kinds, Securon can offer something to everyone. It wasn't therefore surprising that the Whale's crew lingered a little longer than planned on Securon, without paying too much attention to the delivery term.

It is only when they were already a day overdue that they finally tore themselves away from the city's wonderful atmosphere and went back on board...

----------------------------------

Fuck, I can't believe I've actually translated this shit. Stay tuned for the character generation process! I'll start this game with a new party, for reasons explained at the end of the WV1 LP. The new party members are Azira's, Orgasm's, MMXI's, and spekkio's characters, and I expect you four to voice your class and other preferences, etc., after I've explained this game's character creation mechanics.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, you're pretty quick on making this new lp Bee. Still, many :love: for doing it.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Alright, so I'll be waiting for Azira, MMXI, Orgasm and spekkio to voice their character preference for a couple of days. Now let me explain the character creation process.

2: Character creation

It's quite similar to the first game's but simplified. For one, there's no mother-father-baby bullshit.

Here's a test run. First we choose to "Create character".

Now we are presented with randomized initial stats, which we can re-roll, so no problem with that.
On top there are 10 flasks, with random amount of liquid in each, representing 10 different essences (left to right):

STRENGTH ESSENCE
SPEED ESSENCE
INTELLIGENCE ESSENCE
AGILITY ESSENCE
HEALTH ESSENCE
MENTAL ENERGY ESSENCE
RHETORIC ESSENCE
DEFENCE ESSENCE
HUMANITY ESSENCE
CHANCE ESSENCE

These can be used to improve the initial stats.
The big flask on the right represents the maximum sum total of all the character's attributes, which can't be raised above a certain limit.

Once we're done redistributing the attributes, we accept the character.

The next step -- a new one compared to the first game -- is to choose a negative trait for the character. All in all, there are the following negative traits:

SELECT DRAWBACK: OVERSENSITIVE.
SELECT DRAWBACK: WEAKNESS BOUTS.
SELECT DRAWBACK: HOT-TEMPERED (CHOLERIC).
SELECT DRAWBACK: SPENDING ADDICT.
SELECT DRAWBACK: EPILEPTIC.
SELECT DRAWBACK: BAD EYESIGHT.
SELECT DRAWBACK: LOW INTELLIGENCE.
SELECT DRAWBACK: SENSITIVE TO COLD.
SELECT DRAWBACK: CLUMSINESS.
SELECT DRAWBACK: POMPOSITY.

OVERSENSITIVE: The character will refuse to follow orders, especially if seriously injured or weakened.

WEAKNESS BOUTS: The character can suddenly suffer a weakness bout ("I feel so weak all of a sudden!")

HOT-TEMPERED (CHOLERIC): The character's Rhetoric attribute can temporarily drop to zero. Moreover, many people won't want to speak to a choleric type, disliking him.

SPENDING ADDICT: When in a shop, the character will be suddenly overcome by a terrible compulsion to buy things he believes his team needs.

EPILEPTIC: The character will at times suffer epileptic seizures ("I'm not feeling well!").

BAD EYESIGHT: The character will suddenly cease to see well. In case he's the party's Leader, that will have implications for the entire party's field of view.

LOW INTELLIGENCE: The character can only learn four abilities during the course of the game. A "normal" character can learn up to seven.

SENSITIVE TO COLD: As soon as the temperature drops below 21 degree, the character starts having health problems.

CLUMSINESS: The character can suddenly drop an object from his inventory.

POMPOSITY: Prevents the execution of group orders by stopping the party and saying: "Wait a moment, we'll do it differently!"

The next step is to choose the character's education = class. There are 10 classes in toto:

MILITARY ACADEMY = SOLDIER
HOODSON MEDICAL SCHOOL = MEDIC
ARANIAN MONASTIC SCHOOL = ARANIAN (MONK)
PSI INSTITUTE = PSIONICIAN
CENTRE FOR BIOLOGY = BIOCHEMIST
UNION OF BOUNTY HUNTERS = BOUNTY HUNTER
TECHNICAL COLLEGE = ELECTRICIAN
COMMUNICATIONS INSTITUTE = RHETORICIAN
SPACE ACADEMY = PILOT
CYBERTECH 1 SCHOOL = CYBERTECHNICIAN

Unfortunately, the manual doesn't explain the classes in any detail.

Now the only thing that remains is to enter the character's name. There's an 8 symbol limit.

So go ahead, dear Azira, MMXI, Orgasm and spekkio, if you feel like participating in this LP:
1. Choose a name for your character (up to 8 symbols). No, you can't choose the character's sex.
2. Choose a class / education.
3. Choose a negative trait.
And then we'll be all set. If any of you don't show up, I'll let someone else take your place.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:love:

Alright, here we go!

Name:
Azira

Education:
Hoodson Medical School

Negative trait:
Spending addict M:

Very pleased to see this starting already. Which reminds me I should produce an update for my own LP.

But that's my concern, not yours. Looking forward to this game! :thumbsup:

As to stats/essences, I fully trust you to build the characters as you see fit. :salute: After all, you only asked for name/class/negative trait. :M

[EDIT]Eheheh..
Ran my message through babelfish...

This is what it spewed:
Gut hier gehen wir!

Name: Azira

Ausbildung: Hoodson Medizinische Fakultät

Negatives Merkmal: Ausgabensüchtiger in der Tat

Sehr erfreut, dieses zu sehen, bereits zu beginnen. Welches mich erinnert, sollte ich ein Update für meine eigene Langspielplatte produzieren.

Aber that' s mein Interesse, nicht Ihr. Vorwärts schauen zu diesem Spiel! Ich genehmige diese Mitteilung.

Hinsichtlich Notfall/der Wesentlichen vertraue ich Ihnen völlig, um die Buchstaben zu errichten, während Sie Sitz sehen. Begrüssen Sie schließlich Sie bat nur um Namen/Kategorie/negatives Merkmal.

:retarded:

For full retard, I then re-"translated" it to english:

We go well here!

Name: Azira

training: Hoodson medical faculty of

negative characteristic: Expenditure-more addicted

indeed much pleases to see this to already begin. Which me reminds, I should produce an update for my own long playing record.

But that' s my interest, not you. Forward look to this play! I approve this report.

Regarding emergency/the substantial one I trust you completely, in order to establish the letters, while you see seat. Welcome you finally asked only for names/category/negative characteristic.

M:

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Orgasm, make it a hot chick if possible
Str, Speed, Health, or whatever makes a good killing machine
Hot-tempered
Soldier

Morkar Left

That's fast! And kudos for translating the whole story :thumbsup: I was more expecting something like; we were known everywhere as heroes, bought an hyperdrive, spent all money on sightseeing (booze and alien-hookers), got bankrupt and taking now a shady job.

Also, I'll do my best to stay true to the spirit of the first game's translation.

Die Übermacht
Ultimate Power
You already deliver :lol:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Yeah, I wanted to make up a witty and over-the-top title, but unfortunately Ultimate Power is the best I could come up with. :P (You know, pretending the heroes are searching for The Ultimate Power, stuff like that. I also thought of translating it as UltimaPower, but that'd be too clunky.) I'm not too witty, alas. I'll be doing my best though ;)

Azira said:

:lol:

EDIT. Now we only need MMXI to make an appearance.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Too much text? :o

Actually, now that I think of it, UltimaPower does sound kinda awesome. Or does that expose me for a nerdy little bee that I am? Hmm.

And with a prologue like that, they should've subtitled the game Ohnmacht, not Übermacht. :P

MMXI

Arcane
Name
Mmxi (lower case to make it sound like an actual name)

School
Communications Institute

Weakness
Bad eyesight (if party leader)
Clumsiness (if not party leader)

And please make me the party leader! I want to see the wonky vision! :M

Crooked Bee

Patron
Lower case? Ya kiddin'?

3: Party time

P2Y42.jpg

New game!
:yeah:

44Gv7.jpg

Intro!

dftHB.jpg

Some kind of ... furnace?

DcZex.jpg

Indeed.

IwzEN.jpg

Gold?

3d2ch.jpg

Hmm?

5Ekw9.jpg

:?

kjiUu.jpg

And here it goes

VZjef.jpg

Finally

Yj3Pi.jpg

Stamping the NEO logo

zGisC.jpg

:salute:

E833p.jpg

Some kind of far away planet

qBtFg.jpg

And a shuttle

7VoMz.jpg

It's fast approaching

zGVPy.jpg

Movin' on

BrQB7.jpg

Hell yeah

HpZBF.jpg

Space port?

rlYyw.jpg

Indeed

lgth2.jpg

Kewl

Zmazk.jpg

wB73n.jpg

Wow

Gj1iT.jpg

I don't really know what to say

ZPPXA.jpg

But you've probably figured that out already

zRWD1.jpg

:o

muPOO.jpg

Epic!

6gtHO.jpg

And off it goes

GghtJ.jpg

Away from the space port

tEjrE.jpg

DKWIH.jpg

Dock #3

ixxRa.jpg

:P

eaT55.jpg

A spaceship

VDl4D.jpg

It's the Whale!

0Xzvd.jpg

Cute, isn't it?

5Vtvo.jpg

i47u2.jpg

Some kind of doors

Al1Ty.jpg

They open, and our crew appears!

O8fyj.jpg

CrLIO.jpg

Preparing for take-off

uWjhv.jpg

Which means, according to the Prologue, that this is Securon

GLeSK.jpg

A den of booze and hookers

rjfjX.jpg

Bye-bye, entertainment!

PQ0BW.jpg

pafqi.jpg

The engine starts

hXBVT.jpg

nlNe0.jpg

xU3uq.jpg

And off we fly!

JtZfo.jpg

Fly fly

BVIxr.jpg

High into the sky

1w0Hy.jpg

pJf6e.jpg

Onwards to new adventures!

vdB2o.jpg

:o

zdoRh.jpg

:P

ps4lX.jpg

ldSSW.jpg

KQzJy.jpg

181wp.jpg

Orgasm is our party's Soldier :salute:
Sorry, no hot chick for ya.

nqOlt.jpg

AJgPK.jpg

0ybi8.jpg

Mmxi is our weak-sighted Rhetorician :salute:
The most useless member of the party?

dOL6P.jpg

cahci.jpg

6mOQS.jpg

Azira, our party's aged female Medic :salute:
Treat our boys well, old woman!

IH99B.jpg

iH2O7.jpg

wQGI4.jpg

And Heinrich, spekkio's imposing Psionician of choice :salute:
Brain blast, anyone?

38nH1.jpg

And so we're in the Securon orbit. The phone is ringing.

n9G71.jpg

I guess that's ... Mr. Gomez? :?

Mr. Gomez: Fucking finally! Found ya, bastards. What the hell's up with my goods? Problems with the police or what? Get your sorry asses to Antolos immediately and speak to Mr. Neffi about the customs declaration.

The big boss man's angry, so we'd better hurry!

PNOqi.jpg

We're currently on Securon, and our next destination is Antolos. Easy peasy. I wonder if our crew's gonna find the Ultimate Power there. :smug:

MMXI

Arcane
Fucking awesome! A massive incline to the playground!

:incline:

I have one small problem though...

Crooked Bee said:
The most useless member of the party?
:rage:

Onward to Antolos!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Crooked Bee said:
dOL6P.jpg

cahci.jpg

6mOQS.jpg

Azira, our party's aged female Medic :salute:
Treat our boys well, old woman!

:love:

I had a hunch I'd end up female, now I look forward to seeing how much of an impact our negative traits will have on the gameplay. :smug:

Oh, and I love how my humanity stat is so low. :thumbsup: Perfect for a medic, eh? M:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Azira FFS WHY did you choose Spending Addict, why oh why!? I bloody HATE your character already. It takes, like, 5 minutes for you to waste all our money in a shop! :godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley:

"Magazine können wir doch immer brauchen, nicht? Ich kauf eines". Every fuckin' 2 seconds!!

lightbane

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Azira FFS WHY did you choose Spending Addict, why oh why!? I bloody HATE your character already. It takes, like, 5 minutes for you to waste all our money in a shop!

Wow, I didn't know that the game could be so realistic :M :M

Crooked Bee

Patron
4: Where's mah Zollerklärung!?

Alright, so this is an introductory update. The first thing I should tell ya is that, in contrast to the first game, this one has mouse support and therefore works like a charm! The interface is still a bit clunky, but it's heaven compared to WV1's.
:incline:

mycEX.jpg

The Whale interface is basically the same as in WV1, with some cosmetic changes. We still have the options to telephone, choose planet, beam down, buy and sell extras, and buy and sell wares. In this game, however, choosing to call someone gives you a list of known numbers right away. At the moment we've got only two numbers available, Information Service (Auskunft) and Mr. Gomez (Trading).

C6FAn.jpg

The information service is, of course, too busy to answer our call.

hK8yu.jpg

Mr. Gomez: You again! Leave me alone! I'll contact you myself once you've done everything.

And our boss is angry at us for calling him for no reason at all. :M

sDMM6.jpg

Trading has changed, in that there are fewer items available on each planet.

dVRX5.jpg
07FWA.jpg

Vd3cq.jpg
g14Iz.jpg

YmSVc.jpg

Securon, for instance, has only jewelry, infusions, electronics, textiles and ore for sale.

OnMSK.jpg

Castra! I think I remember that planet. :P

vxYoZ.jpg

Alright, and here's Antolos.

xmXAL.jpg

Unfortunately, our fuel tank is -- again -- very limited, so we have to stop on two planets along the way to refuel the ship.

B8YEr.jpg
IDSfO.jpg

2DGh5.jpg
oKjwm.jpg

5K7lE.jpg

But finally we arrive on Antolos.

yTxjY.jpg

And beam down we do.
The exploration is in 3D now!

IfBXT.jpg

We can freakin' turn around!

doY4T.jpg

The environments may be 3D, but the gameplay has basically remained the same.
One good thing is the quick attack button labeled "Gen. Attack". It'll probably come in handy. I won't be explaining the rest of the interface to you, as you should remember it from the WV1 LP.

XRZTt.jpg

Mmxi is our leader, but I don't notice our field of view being in any way restricted. :?

c1JLJ.jpg

Shit, that's what I call pixelated. My eyes hurt.
Alright, so here's my attempt at a mistranslation...

Excuse me, but why are you so blue in the face?

That has to do with the air here. Does that bother you, somehow?

40X8N.jpg

No, no. We were just curious.

My, you are quite blunt, if I may say so.

:roll: Whatever.

XmloZ.jpg

"*I* don't speak to types like you - I'd rather punch you real good!"

:o Orgasm, being hot-tempered, is totally unattractive to others. They don't even want to talk to him! They'd rather beat 'im up.

w23U4.jpg

Meet Diego Hirra.

Could you tell us where we can find Mr. Nefft?

Nefft? Poor thing! Suffocating in paperwork!

Oh right, the bureaucracy. And where do we find him?

Who was it again? The name has totally slipped my mind already.

:rage:

2TAhM.jpg

Mr. Bloody Nefft!

Ah yes, Nefft. Sorry, I don't know.

:x

LW9Xm.jpg

Sup, Hans Müller.

You are here on holiday, right?

Yup, but how in hell did you figure that out so quickly?

jT7Sr.jpg

Your hat. :roll: But wouldn't you rather be somewhere more beautiful?

My hat? :o And you're probably right. For instance, on Vulgo 98 percent of the days every year are sunny.

Gosh, this dialogue isn't making any sense. Just like in the first game. :P

TWOyV.jpg

This green bastard doesn't feel like talking to us.

vjLNW.jpg

8Jswc.jpg

And doors can now be opened by clicking on them, yay!

PNgRJ.jpg

Todd, is that you?

Pretty bright in here, eh?

Wanna start a fight? Just try it...

w5r8v.jpg

Not at all! (It's all cool, man.)

:lol:

Get lost!

RECWh.jpg

Picking up items is now mouse-driven, too. First we choose the "Pick up item" (Gegenstand nehmen) option...

WxmoB.jpg

...and then click on the ashtray.

rOlR2.jpg

An ordinary ashtray, and it's quite dirty.

Examining items, alas, isn't as cool as in the first game. No picture or anything.

Aonzb.jpg

And here's the local shop. Azira, I hate you!
:x

HmoOY.jpg

Ooooh, we could always use some ammo, right? I'll buy some.

Every two seconds!! :x

RN4WN.jpg

Angelo Tott is the shopkeeper.

xVprV.jpg

He sells Essences, 1000 credits each...

9QvpI.jpg

...Automatic Guns, 35000 credits each...

ohRcm.jpg

...Flasks of acid, 500 credits each...

nwFcZ.jpg

...Electrobattlestaves, 3000 creds each...

JTCqx.jpg

...Shotguns, $18500 each...

M2XyS.jpg

...Thermal grenades for $2400...

DKx4M.jpg

...and Universal ammo for $2000.
Aziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

7CaeF.jpg

"This weapon is especially distinguished for its accuracy and high penetrating power."

We buy an Automatic Gun for Orgasm. We don't need to buy more ammo as Azira has already bought a whole lot of it.

jTvK5.jpg

Equipping a weapon and reloading it works the same way as in the first game.

hYh3M.jpg

And here's the local healing device, a familiar sight.

nrKce.jpg

Aha, Mr. Nefft, we've finally found ya!

We heard we can get a customs declaration from you to unload our goods.

TLKeG.jpg

Not anymore, I'm afraid. As of late, interstellar trading requires a license you can only get on Cybertech 1. Go there and apply to the relevant authority.

:decline:

But we can't be the only ones who need a customs declaration.

You're definitely not, people are constantly approaching me for a customs approval.

Do you even have some other function here?

Ever since the law changed, I've had a lot of free time on my hands. I'm hardly ever at the office.

*Sigh*
Alright, I guess our business is done here. As we beam up to the Whale, our boss calls us again.

N7Pfz.jpg

Mr. Gomez: You haven't been able to accomplish anything, I know. Talk to Tyx After on Cybertech. He'll grant you a license. And hurry up!

tl3PP.jpg

Oh shit, we don't have enough fuel to reach Cybertech, and it's the closest we can get to it. I guess we'll need to do some trading first and buy an extra fuel tank. So stay tuned!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Crooked Bee said:
Azira FFS WHY did you choose Spending Addict, why oh why!? I bloody HATE your character already. It takes, like, 5 minutes for you to waste all our money in a shop! :godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley:

"Magazine können wir doch immer brauchen, nicht? Ich kauf eines". Every fuckin' 2 seconds!!

128771320346187533.jpg

Much :love: to you for playing this. I know you can get through it, even if my character seems to think it necessary that we stock up rather generously on ammo. :smug:

MMXI

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
IfBXT.jpg

We can freakin' turn around!
Angles! I see angles! I love angles! Angles!

Crooked Bee said:
Mmxi is our leader, but I don't notice our field of view being in any way restricted. :?

c1JLJ.jpg

Shit, that's what I call pixelated. My eyes hurt.
Perhaps he's pixelated because... Mmxi has bad eyesight. In fact, that would be aswesome. Graphics and sound options related to your character's statistics and traits. Want to lower the volume? Make your character partially deaf. Want to lower the resolution? Give your character bad eyesight. Want to enable bloom? Give your character sensitive eyes.

Crooked Bee said:
HmoOY.jpg

Ooooh, we could always use some ammo, right? I'll buy some.

Every two seconds!! :x
The first cRPG in which you can accurately play a female.

:smug:

Bee-chan

Novice
spekkio said:
I :salute: you for your effort, Croaked Bee.

many men
many many many many men
wish death 'pon bee
:cry:

torpid said:
Good luck

Thx. :P

MMXI said:
Perhaps he's pixelated because... Mmxi has bad eyesight. In fact, that would be aswesome. Graphics and sound options related to your character's statistics and traits. Want to lower the volume? Make your character partially deaf. Want to lower the resolution? Give your character bad eyesight. Want to enable bloom? Give your character sensitive eyes.

Best idea ever. Now that'd bee true role-playing. It's all in the character skill, ya know!

MMXI said:
The first cRPG in which you can accurately play a female.

:poop:

spekkio

Arcane
Get the fuck out, Drog.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom