Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's get horribly raped in TFTD! Orgasm now running things!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Why the hell did you send me in right after Cloaked Figure?! Sad

Sorry! I mistakenly thought that the dye grenade would cover you. Turns out, it takes several turns for the smoke to form (realism ftw!) so at that point it was only blocking one square between you and the Aquatoids. No wonder you got popped.

Update tonight though. And since it's a night time terror mission, I'm anticipating heavy casualties.

Congrats for that terror mission Darthie - sounds like you had awesome luck there!

SlavemasterT

Arcane
I'm anticipating heavy casualties
It seems like you could say for just about any mission you undertake - you're going to have to start digging into the member list at the rate you go through soldiers. It's still been a fairly amusing LP, though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
btw Deep Ones, I remember playing Enemy Unknown and TFTD in hilariously bad translated to Polish versions in my kid days, and something I will always remember is how Deep Ones suddenly became Deppons.

Good times.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
btw Deep Ones, I remember playing Enemy Unknown and TFTD in hilariously bad translated to Polish versions in my kid days, and something I will always remember is how Deep Ones suddenly became Deppons.

Good times.
Was it translated by "Ivan soft" and bought at some stadium?

Hory

Erudite
The combat expertise of these past codexers is laughable. My X-Com skills are way ahead. I guarantee top-notch performance, so let me join, GarfunkeL.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Good to see this new attempt.

Being the lieutenant, my motivation speech to the boys will be : "We fight to the death. To the last man. To the last breath."

Thanks for this thread, it's very pleasant to see this great game again.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Black_Willow said:
Darth Roxor said:

Good times.
Was it translated by "Ivan soft" and bought at some stadium?

it's possible.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Allrighty then lads & lassies - time to save Egyptian Sailors from the menace of Alien terror probing!

But first, here's mugshot of Claw.

I expect folks are pretty nervous in that Triton. Sweating profusely, maybe slight smell of urine in the air.

But enough sentimentalics - LET'S GO APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER!

JarlFrank spots an nasty bugger, drill a hole into it but no dice.

So VD steps out, takes careful aim and ruins its day for good.

Slenkar takes a shot on a new Gillman, hits but no kill. Andyman Messiah steps up and finished the nasty bugger off.

Claw and Jasede get ready to storm the office next door, while rest of the team tries to be sneaky-sneaky and flank aliens.

Luckily, they are more interested in the Sailors than Aquanauts for a change.

Claw decimates the filthy alien inside the office. Rest of the team shuffles forward. XXX a Gillman, hits it, naturally it survives AND SHOOTS BACK!

Yeah, XXX is that crumbled piece of blue overalls. But no fear - Andyman Messiah took instant revenge.

Yeah, aliens got reaction fire with a stun bomb. Well, atleast he's alive:

Team keeps sneaking ahead, under cover of smoke.

Team is very ninja-like, sneaking forwards, using the map edge.

Two brave troopers lost their lives - YYY and ZZZ but finally Dicksmoker gets revenge:

Team fortifies itself into this two-story building, ready to kill anything that moves.

EDIT: Oopsie, pressed Submit by accident. Oh well, enjoy this PART - 1 then :P

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I light up the area infront of us, hopefully luring some aliens to inspect it.

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. Crap. Let's advance then. Atleast the smoke will cover us.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jasede tries to find where that rocket came from. Somehow this does not surprise me at all.

GODDAMMIT THIS FUCKING FUCKFEST FUCKFUCKFUCK

Oh, perfect. Annie went berserk and killed Andyman Messiah.

Yeah, you read that right. Only VD, Claw and berserker-Annie left. Yes sire, we're gonna nail this one, surely.

I'm too depressed to even take screenshots. Annie panicked, ran into midst of exploding barrels. Claw went berserk, one shot hit those barrells. Guess who died? Poetic justice. Claw went ape-shit, wants to run to California. Only VD, the man of steel, is still adamant in hunting the aliens.

Except he gets shot. One would THINK that several squares of smoke would make one invisible to hostile eyes but one would be completely WRONG!

Oh yeah Claw, it's all up to you now. Yeah, go berserk. Yeah, go into panic. YEAH RUN INTO THE ALIENS FIELD OF FIRE!

Well. Well, fuck.

Let's not mention Port Said ever again, please.

Atleast the labrats always bring good news.

Also, new recruits arrive. Luckily I had the tank in storage and several Sonic Blasters so now we'll have good weapons for a change.

Ah, immediately we get a chance for a trial-by-fire! Or sonic, in this case.

And here we go again!

Marsal

Arcane
Looks like I have to enlist again. Why don't you just try spamming rockets and granades? You'll lose some alien equipment, but save a lot of good men :)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
WW: that was an accident. I just wrote those as placeholders while I typed the sentences, I was supposed to figure out the exact names later - aaaand then I accidentally pressed submit in the middle of thing.

Marsal: Yes, if I get a terror mission, I'll have to do that. More explosives. It's not like the civilians are gonna survive the terrormissions anyway.

Seboss

Liturgist
This is hilarious, although I can't figure out why you're so adamant on keeping the squad in such a tight bunch.
You sure got that rocket coming.

I never bothered with smoke/dye grenades except for early deployment (I spam a ludicrous amount of rockets and demolition charges however).
In other circumstances, I always considered smoke as a pure hindrance since aliens seem to have far better eyesight than humans anyway.

Anyways, keep it up!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
WW: that was an accident. I just wrote those as placeholders while I typed the sentences, I was supposed to figure out the exact names later - aaaand then I accidentally pressed submit in the middle of thing.
Thought so.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
A worthy tribute to a good game and a hilarious thread at the same time. Awesomeness, keep it up.
You may call me up to active duty if the need arises.

MetalCraze

Arcane
That's some pretty heavy rape.
And I wanted to see at least one alien retaliation directed at you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom