Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's Fuck China again! Among Men! Loo Boo!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Hey guise, I will try my best not to abandon this LP.

01.jpg

If you haven't figured it out, I'm playing Romance of Three Kingdoms XI as Lu Bu whom historically, is not a very nice guy. A very strong warrior with very poor display of loyalty, killing no less than 2 stepfathers before attempting to gain power for himself. He was ultimately beaten by Cao Cao, and tried to offer his services in exchange for mercy. But Cao Cao isn't willing to risk it and had Lu Bu executed.

So, meet the cast:
lubu.jpg

Lu Bu is probably the best military officer in the game. Superb with all land units command except for siege and naval warfare. His special ability is the Flying General which enables his army to ignore the enemy's zone of control in the battlefield while empowering his unit's tactics effectiveness against opponents of smaller number.

Every warlord would also need a strategist, and Lu Bu is no different he has the following person:
chengong.jpg

Chen Gong's high intellect (89) can serve as protection against enemy's strategy when assigned under Lu Bu's army. He will also offer advice as strategist of the army. His entrap ability can paralyze any army caught in a joint attack, offering another option to disrupt the enemy when Lu Bu's brute force doesn't cut it.

But how can they not work, just look at these bruisers under Lu Bu's command:
The Siegemaster
gaoshun.jpg

Gao Shun is not a S-Class officer, but taking down structure is his specialty. Give him a Siege Tower or Cavalry and watch him take down structure and tear city to shreds. His intellect is his greatest weakness, so cover that and he's good as gold. Not as good as the next guy, though...

The Majestic Man
zhangliao.jpg

Zhang Liao is probably Lu Bu's best officer. He has no known weakness. Only the best of strategist can outsmart him, and his Majestic special ability drains enemies willpower when attacked, making them unable to utilize their unit tactics or strategies when completely drained.

Lu Bu's crew also include his fictional wife...whom, surprisingly, isn't entirely useless in battle...
diaochan.jpg

Yes, she makes a crappy officer in battle, but imagine her effectiveness when pairing her with a strategist like Chen Gong! Since Siren doubles chances of strategic success vs male officers - it will allow her to easily pull off those army disruption moves very easily, allowing Lu Bu's boys to just wreck them without fear.

And those are the core cast of his crew, the rest are made up of mostly cavalry generals and a few capable civic officers.
I'll continue on the next update. Hope you enjoy the read!

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
City Development
Welcome to Pu Yang, our little dipshit city in the middle of trouble.

02.jpg

To the north of the river lies Yuan Shao. To the west lies Cao Cao.
Those two are our immediate threats and they certainly want to take us out first, so it's best to do whatever we can to prepare for their assault.

Normally, I would start by developing the city's infrastructure...
03.jpg

It's not really complicated, each structure serves a specific function. Market improves gold generation, farm is food, barracks allow you to recruit men, smith enables you to produce arm, while stables breed horses while a workshop can construct siege engines. Shipyard build tougher ships, while a Mint improves adjacent Markets, while Granary improves adjacent Farms.

Some buildings take longer to build and others, and the officers's Political abilities can reduce its construction time.
However, the first move I want to make is to prepare a defense against Cao Cao.
First, we deploy a construction army.

04.jpg

A construction army depends on the politics ability to get more things done per turn, so Chen Gong is the best man for the job.
These are the basic defensive structures we can build at the start. Eight Pillars and Catapult Towers are tech-locked and needs a research.

05.jpg

Camp gives defensive bonus around it radius - while lowering food consumption. I feel this is kinda useless.
Archer Turret autofires at enemy within its 2-tile distance. Not bad, but not very effective either.
Embankment is a simple barricade which needs to be destroyed. Not very helpful.
Embers sets a fire trap that needs to be ignited - doing so will set all tiles around it on fire.
While fireball sets three tiles ahead of it on fire when ignited. Both can be very deadly depending on its location.
Drum Platform meanwhile adds an attack bonus to its radius.
While Band Platform restores Willpower.
For now, I want the drum.

06.jpg

Chen Gong is a capable builder and takes only 2 turns to construct the building.
A less capable officer may take longer.
With that underway, we develop some markets to earn more gold.

09.jpg

And a barrack to recruit future soldiers.

10.jpg

Oh, every turn is 10 days. And whenever you recruit or collect monthly tax, the City's order rating will drop. If you let it drop too low, the peasant will become discontent and may riot, burning precious structures and creating an army that needs to be put down.

To maintain order, you need to do Inspections.

11.jpg

They need highly skilled warriors to be effective and scare off the populace, basically...
While army drills require good leadership to restore Willpower.

12.jpg

A month ends and Chen Gong returns to the city.

13.jpg

14.jpg

And we develop more market.

15.jpg

Development space is limited, so it's best to plan ahead. Notice I build them inland first, putting them too close to the coast make it easy for naval raiders to blow it up from the waters. I don't want that to happen.
A few city will also have larger size to reflect its prosperity - and some may even have gates or ports.
We have a port called Dun Qiu.

16.jpg

What it does is it allows naval deployment and also generate monthly tax income. It doesn't manually deposit it to your city vault, so you have to manually send an army to transport it. I'm going to demonstrate how this works...

First, I summon two officers from the city to the port.
17.jpg

Next turn, I tell one of them to take a share of the equipment and resources back to the city.

18.jpg

19.jpg

When deploying men as transport - they consume less food, but their attack and defense rating is just awful.
I will now form a second transport with another officer...

20.jpg

I will assign it to travel westward and capture the empty city of Luo Yang.

21.jpg

With a little luck, this may draw rivals to attack it first, and spare Pu Yang from immediate threats. If that doesn't happen, it's still free tax anyway. With that settled, we go back to Pu Yang's development...

22.jpg

Constructing a stable seems like a good choice, I want a cavalry based army.
Once that is done we can now breed horses.

24.jpg

It's now winter, not really a good time to attack or travel.

26.jpg

We've got Luo Yang...

28.jpg

Let's collect taxes and hope the peasants don't riot. If they do, we'll just run. No point wasting troops.
And now let's get back to-

29.jpg

Oh, hello there. Thanks, I was getting bored. Looks like Cow Cow's coming. Let's check out their officers!
Oh boy, 4 armies. 2 Cavs and 2 Rams.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Formidable. I hate Cow Cow's talent pool. So much goodness. There's almost no weakness at all. We need to whittle it down slowly. I made a meta-promise not to abandon Pu Yang. Call it a 'homeland victory condition'

I decide to wait till they get close before engaging, no point in wasting food in this winter.

34.jpg

Eh, recruit more troops for the eventual casualties on the mean time.

35.jpg

Meanwhile in the north, we capped two ports that is connected to Luo Yang. More income is good.

36.jpg

And my plan...is coming to fruition. :smug:

37.jpg

If you hold more cities, you will gain higher titles.

38.jpg

39.jpg

Why is this important? The higher your title, the more ranks you can bestow to your followers, giving them even higher army command cap. Alright, everything's ready. Xiahou Yuan just set my drums ablaze -

40.jpg

Time for some payback.

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
i never played any of games of this saga and i wonder, in your opinion Mr. RK47 wich one is the best??? XI, XII, XIII? the last one??? how many games are there on the market???

RK47

Patron
i never played any of games of this saga and i wonder, in your opinion Mr. RK47 wich one is the best??? XI, XII, XIII? the last one??? how many games are there on the market???

I only played RTK2,3 and 11.
I do find the 11th game the most engaging since there's plenty of unit variety and special ability.
Too bad the western version has gimped AI. There's 12 of them. 12 being the last one.
KOEI decided it's best to just invest in Dynasty Warrior every year instead of having declining sales with dumb AI.
Obviously it's the gamers fault for not supporting them. Durrrr.

RK47

Patron
02 - Let them come
Dun Qiu falls, as predicted.

01.jpg

02.jpg

It doesn't matter. We lost nothing.

03.jpg

Let's finish Cao Cao's attack force and regroup.

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Defeated armies leaves behind their supplies. Most of them are destroyed in the chaos, but gold and food rewards good defenders. Now we can focus on replenishing our forces with fresh horses.

08.jpg

Looks like they're coming in with a force of 20,000...

09.jpg

No problem. Let's pull back for now.

10.jpg

And restore some lost willpower.

11.jpg

Let them come to shore and we'll bury them.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
03 - Sea Food

The remnant of the attack force charged in anyway, and is about to be wiped out.

01.jpg

But elsewhere in Central China...
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

'...Emperor.'

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

This is of little consequence. Well, not exactly for Yuan Shu since he has gained the highest rank in the game, allowing him to promote his generals to the highest level. It's too bad his talent pool is rather limited or else he'd be a real threat.
Back in Pu Yang the last of Yuan Shao's attack force is destroyed. We captured another officer.

09.jpg

10.jpg

We can now take it a little easy and survey the aftermath.
Catch you later.

RK47

Patron
The Winner

Looks like things have calmed down a bit. Lu Bu is now leading his main force to retake the port.
01.jpg

No immediate threat, but Pu Yang is still surrounded by hostile forces. We've faced attacks from three cities so far and thwarted them all. This has put us in a very strong position - here's why:
1. Weakened surroundings
Cao Cao of Chen Liu lost two siege engines, and 15,000 men.

02.jpg

Yuan Shao's two cities, Ye and Ping Yuan also lost over a combined total of 30,000 men in their attempt.

03.jpg

The only adjacent city that hasn't attacked us is Liu Bei's Xiao Pei.

04.jpg

I'm not looking forward to facing his two mean brothers, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.
But his small pool of officers (Just 5!) makes it hard for him to attack and develop the city at the same time.

2. Captured Resources
Defending consumes less resources - and defeating the attacking forces yields their carried supplies. If you can defend efficiently and win quickly before they consume their resources, those rations and gold are yours for plunder.

The opposite is also true when you're attacking. The longer you take in finishing an opponent, the more rations are consumed - and the more likely other forces will take advantage of your weakened stronghold.

3. Prisoners of War
Vanquished armies may lead to captured officer. It's really random, sometimes you get lucky and capture them all, while at other times, a surrounded officer may still evade capture. Important captives may have ransom offers, you can refuse and try to employ them for yourselves, but clan members may remain steadfastly loyal and refuse all advances.

Let's take a look at the talented captives:
05.jpg

Great cavalry officer. Not the best, but A-class minimum.

06.jpg

Worthless. Shd've released him. Captives cost money to feed. :( I doubt Yuan Shao would ransom this trash.

07.jpg

Much talent. Very political. Such intellection. Typical of Cao Cao's scholars.

08.jpg

Yuan Shao's brain.

Take note of the AP cost of actions. Action Points limit how much decisions you can take. Most actions take between 10-20 AP, hence it's best to spend it wisely. Therefore when attempting actions like recruiting you should really listen to your strategist's opinion.

09.jpg

If he said it doesn't seem likely, don't make the attempt. Wait a while till the captives' loyalties to their lord to drop. Then try again when your strategist recommend a person to do the job.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Deadly Distraction

Oh, almost forgot, all actions, successful ones generates Tech Points - which you can spend on research.

11.jpg

First tier Cavalry drill is already unlocked - increasing the ATK & DEF of our cavalry army. Tier 2 Cavalry will improvement its movement. While Tier 3 adds Ranged Attack.
All tier 1 costs 1000TP / 1000G, T2 is 2000TP / 2000G, T3 is 3000TP / 5000G and final tier is 5000TP /10000G.
Invention tree focuses more on Siege Warfare.
Defense tech improves your structures bonuses, such as HP and ATK.
Fire stratagem adds more fire options.

Veteran Troop is a nice upgrade that increases every army's Willpower cap by 20. I think I'll go for that first.
Enough research for now. Let's deliver some supply from Luo Yang.

10.jpg

I'm surprised nobody took the bait and claimed our weakly defended city. But I'm sure not gonna risk splitting up my force. So I'm cashing out for now.

13.jpg

Hope Cao Cao / Yuan Shao don't wise up and intercept them on the way back.
To make sure that doesn't happen, I decided to create a distraction...

14.jpg

I think I'm overthinking it, but the AI in RTK XI is predictable. It will always intercept any enemy forces heading into their territory. And the transport will definitely cross theirs soon...

15.jpg

Not taking chances, a small troop of 4000 cavalry under Song Xian will head out with Cao Xing as second in command. I don't know why I attached a second officer, but I guess I wanted to protect against duels. Some officers are more reckless and accept challenges. It's a dumb way to lose an army.

Time for distraction - and ten days later, sure enough, the Cao army responds to the incursion.

16.jpg

Time to dance.

17.jpg

Meanwhile Lu Bu finished retaking the port of Dun Qiu from Yuan Shao.

18.jpg

And it looks like Cao Cao is not going to bother chasing after our water convoy.

19.jpg

22.jpg

Come and get me....

23.jpg

Veteran research complete, time to add more drills.
Something funny happened when I crossed Xiao Pei's borders.

24.jpg

Cao Army gave up pursuit. And Liu Bei's oath-brothers came out to play.
Predictable. You know the saddest part of this is I can easily starve out the enemies by simply investing in 4,000 distraction while they consume 2x more in a hopeless pursuit. So easy to abuse.

Elsewhere, good news in Pu Yang.
25.jpg

Got a new Cavalry general. Also, ordered our small army to return to Cao's territory.
And Liu's army predictably fell back to Xiao Pei.

26.jpg

At this point, I was thinking, maybe it's time for a full-fledged assault.

27.jpg

Yes, why the hell not? The 12,000 strong cavalry chasing Song Xian is quite a distance from their city. Reinforcements will take at least 20 days to reach them. We can rout them almost immediately with a fully deployed attack force THEN mount a major offense on Chen Liu.

I don't really want to wait till they regain their strength and then having to grind them down all over again.
And so... off we go with a new Siege tower.

28.jpg

And the Man among Men.

29.jpg

195 AD - Near Winter
Lu Bu's army marches for Chen Liu. Victory means the end of Cao Cao.

30.jpg

Let's hope this pays off. Winter is coming.

RK47

Patron
The Bored of War
Cao Clan's complete annihilation created a power vacuum in the central plains.

10.jpg

One that is soon to be filled by the most fearsome of all warlords.
Many former officers of Cao were absorbed under Lu Bu's command.

14.jpg

18.jpg

Even Lu Bu's own daughter joins his conquest.

02.jpg

Plans were made to expand their influence further - this time towards Xu Chang.

16.jpg

The Cao clan had no shortage of talent, and it is no surprise that their former strategist, Guo Jia is tasked to replace Chen Gong.

01.jpg

Not even Cao Cao's former mistress is spared. Her lovely figure will prove to be a pleasant 'distraction' to the troops.

02.jpg

The Warrior Princess will destroy anything her father touches...

03.jpg

Even Cao Cao's former bodyguard is pressed into service.

04.jpg

For now, both Chen Liu and Pu Yang needs to recover their strength.

05.jpg

And talented civic officers were sent forth towards Luo Yang to develop the city's economy.

06.jpg

With control of Xu Chang secured, Lu Bu's influence grew to four cities. And the Emperor saw fit to grant him a new title.

09.jpg

10.jpg

A month is spent in improving the breed of our cavalry.

11.jpg

They shall be the fastest steed in the plains.
Luo Yang is weak and vulnerable, but in time, it will flourish. We must protect it at all cost.

12.jpg

Resources were spent quickly, development of commerce, bribes for the new officials, drafting and outfitting the army finally took their toll. The God of War grew bored.

13.jpg

Fortunately... some entertainment is about to arrive in Pu Yang.

14.jpg

lubu.jpg

RK47

Patron
Celebration of War
More good news ahead.

15.jpg

Gan Ning is an elite Naval officer.

16.jpg

A former pirate, this man has almost no weakness in battle.

17.jpg

Securing his services before Sun Ce could is a major coup.

18.jpg

Looks like Kong Rong is personally leading the assault on Pu Yang.
This is ill-advised for a non-martial general like him. Whatever. Another lord to slay.
Lu Bu will personally greet him with his whole family in tow.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Gan Ning is given command of 5,000 spearmen and successfully resisted an enemy ploy!

21.jpg

Time to give them a warm welcome.

23.jpg

Lu's daughter Stampede ability is insanely powerful when combined with her father's high command cap. As if inflicting high casuality is not enough, her Stampede will leave an enemy confused in the aftermath!

24.jpg

Ponder your future in hell.

25.jpg

26.jpg

What's 'rong', Kong Rong? :smug:

27.jpg

28.jpg

Gan Ning has no more part to play in this slaughter and withdraws.

29.jpg

Elsewhere in the west... the forces of Li Jue, who held the Emperor hostage advances upon our Luo Yang.

30.jpg

Frowns are beginning to spread in Lu Bu's court. But the warlord is too busy enjoying the carnage to care.
He merely sighed and assigned his right hand man to handle this.

31.jpg

Zhang Liao is henceforth known as the Gatekeeper of Luo Yang.

32.jpg

Leading a 14,000 strong cavalry force from Chen Liu, he will try to save the city.

34.jpg

Guo Jia meanwhile took 499 men with him to buy time.
Elsewhere..
33.jpg

That life, return it to God.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

With the death of Kong Rong, his vassal's loyalty takes a beating. And one of them is Wu Zhi, who is in charge of a siege tower heading towards Pu Yang...

39.jpg

Would you like to meet your master in the afterlife?

40.jpg

Good answer.

41.jpg

Our defense of Pu Yang... has turned into an attack.

42.jpg

44.jpg

RK47

Patron
A soft skin attracts predators, a strong core defies them
Guo Jia's gambit is but a half-finished drum.

01.jpg

Losing Luo Yang would mean a waste of all the time and money invested in developing the city.
It will not come to pass.

02.jpg

Li Jue's men attacks the half-finished structure, and that is enough to buy time for Zhang's cavalry to arrive!
However it was scant consolation as more forces poured forth from the gates of Chang An.

03.jpg

A siege tower manned by 11,000 men. This is gonna cost a lot to take down.
Time to raise the ante and exhaust all possible options in Chen Liu.

04.jpg

Gao Shun's siege tower is ready for transport. But will they play a part in the defense of Luo Yang?
Elsewhere...

05.jpg

06.jpg

Sun Qian finds his former vassal raining flaming projectiles on him as the God of War steps forth to devour him.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Is there none worthy to clash with his blade?

14.jpg

Pathetic.
Elsewhere near Luo Yang, Yu Jin leads a small force to construct the drum, which is still unfinished.

07.jpg

In desperation, the civic officials and officers without men were instructed to construct barracks to bolster the defense.
They need roughly 2 months.

08.jpg

Do we have 50 days?
Meanwhile, Lu Bu's rash action may have over-extended his rations supply.

15.jpg

They will have to make a stop at the Port of Lin Ji.
While the Gatekeeper of Luo Yang stays cool under fire, completing the war drums as armies beginning to surround his cavalry.

16.jpg

18.jpg

Only he and 12,000 men stood between the attackers and the city.
Guo Jia's gambit part II

19.jpg

A small force of cavalry will depart from Luo Yang - their objective: Disruption.

20.jpg

Falsifying military orders - Guo Jia unleashes his ploy: Misinformation!

21.jpg

Success! The enemy officer leads his men to retreat.
Zhang Liao senses an opportunity and charges at their back line, inflicting heavy casualties while taking none in return.

22.jpg

23.jpg

18,000 vs our 12,000... I like those odds.
It's about to get better.

24.jpg

Unfortunately, the plot didn't last and Hu Chi Er halts his retreat after 10 days of marching.

25.jpg

Seeing the few troop garrisoned in Luo Yang, the attackers head straight for the city itself.

26.jpg

The burning of our war drums signals the arrival of their siege tower.

27.jpg

There is no easy solution to this one.

28.jpg

The officer commanding the tower is no simpleton.
Best to prioritize the closest enemy force first.

29.jpg

Another fool caught in Guo Jia's tricks.

31.jpg

Beat the wardrums! Signal the arrival of the Majestic one!

32.jpg

33.jpg

The charge pushes back the war machine one tile back, buying the city defenders some time.

The men at Hu Lao gate pushes out their own siege tower. A familiar figure stood atop it.

34.jpg

Gao Shun the Destroyer has arrived.

RK47

Patron
Idleness breeds Contempt
zl.jpg

The idle officials at Pu Yang contribute to the war by researching siege technology.

01.jpg

With this, the towers would travel further before stopping for the day.
Elsewhere, Lu Bu takes refuge in the port of Lin Ji as he awaits more supply to arrive.

02.jpg

Luo Yang, the War drums collapsed under fire.

04.jpg

The Gatekeeper demands vengeance.

05.jpg

Gao Shun arrives on the scene as snow begins to fall.

09.jpg

11.jpg

More good news for Luo Yang as the much needed barracks is completed.
Recruitment drive commences immediately.

12.jpg

The Gatekeeper charges once more.

13.jpg

His majestic attacks drained the will of the enemy.

14.jpg

Without will, the engine can no longer make war. This battle is over. 6000 men marches back to Chang An with heads hung low, remembering the 12,000 deaths with no gain.

Man proposes.

15.jpg

Heaven disposes.

19.jpg

And we have a God on our side.

17.jpg

With no shortage of devils to slay.

18.jpg

RK47

Patron
War. War never changes.

fuckchina.jpg

01.jpg

Let's roll.

02.jpg

Luo Yang is finally safe.
But conflicts continue to spread in east and south.

03.jpg

Lin Ji is a waste of time. We ignore them and continue to siege Kong Rong's former stronghold.

04.jpg

Meanwhile, Yuan Shu's attack force will be taught a severe lesson in humility by the Pirate King.

05.jpg

Drums will be erected on the pass. Barring passage and devastate those who dare to cross blades with the defenders.

09.jpg

Yuan Shu also pushes from another direction towards Xu Chang.

06.jpg

It's not worth defending. We spent 0 gold developing the city, Yuan Shu can have it if he wishes.

07.jpg

Lin Ji falls to Yuan Shao, but the city is ours.
10.jpg

15.jpg

Here comes the False Emperor's Chapter...
11.jpg

And Chang An tries again.
12.jpg

Those miserable lot.

13.jpg

This time we're ready to take them head on.

Yuan Shu's forces is lead by a slightly incompetent fool.
17.jpg

84% chance. It's worth a try.

18.jpg

19.jpg

You're done for.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Growling won't save you. You animal.

29.jpg

Luo Yang. The attackers commit a severe case of 'selective blindness'

22.jpg

Bypassing our defenders? What lunacy. They will be destroyed.
24.jpg

Elsewhere in the east.
23.jpg

Ah... Yuan Shao's forces from Lin Ji makes a landing. Let's serve them some tea soon.
While in Xu Chang, a surprising news of bandits emerging from the wild...

26.jpg

27.jpg

That will slow down the attackers a bit.
Chang An, on the meantime, sends more bodies to pile.

28.jpg

Who cares, Lu Bu is having the time of his life killing indiscriminately.

33.jpg

34.jpg

In Luo Yang, the first wave of attacker has dispersed.

36.jpg

And we've captured a defensive point, the Han Gu gate.

39.jpg

Let's see how they deal with a blockade.
More action on the east, it seems the God of War will be busy in the coming months...

41.jpg

Elsewhere, a former pirate is about to plunder glory in the battlefield.

42.jpg

43.jpg

RK47

Patron
Momentum
01.jpg

02.jpg

Gan Ning's victory broke the will of Yuan Shu's army.
A second charge killed the 3rd in command.

03.jpg

04.jpg

With the final commander captured, Yuan Shu's offensive has ended. Few returned to tell the tale.

Elsewhere in Luo Yang...
Li Jue's forces from Chang An is facing an unprecedented situation, they were on the offensive months ago, and now they have to defend themselves as Zhang Liao blockades their entire attack force at Han Fu Gate.

05.jpg

Using a mix of tactics and superior firepower, the Gatekeeper of Luo Yang is determined to make the invaders pay dearly.

06.jpg

Thousands continue to pour from Chang An, only to be grounded to dust in a cloud of flaming arrows and cavalry charge.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

16.jpg

The confused army could barely mount an offensive as their commander struggles to take charge of the chaotic situation.
In was inevitable, Zhang Liao's defense has reversed itself into a counter-siege. Chang An's position, and the Emperor himself is in peril.

28.jpg

37.jpg

As the last of the invaders were eradicated below the Han Fu Gates, a convoy is summoned to the front line to supply the counter-offensive.

38.jpg

Gao Shun leads the charge with the Chief Strategist providing strategic support and Zhang Liao clearing the path.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

RK47

Patron
Unsurpassed
lubu.jpg

In the East, a storm is brewing.
Lu Bu's assault on Bei Hai did not go unnoticed, as he wipes the last of Yuan Shao's forces, a force of 26,000 from Tao Qian marches northwards to punish the belligerent warlord.

11.jpg

Many warlords would've turned around and retreat at the sight of such odds.
Not this man.

12.jpg

13.jpg

As he instructs the rest of his army to retreat, the rest of his cavalry regroups for another charge.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

True enough, Bei Hai is left vacant and taken immediately, but the attacking force felt ill at ease...
For this man...

24.jpg

25.jpg

-is not leaving!

26.jpg

Thousands die as he charged again and again. The attackers panicked, was this merely a trap? A ruse to destroy their forces utterly in one single fight over a worthless city?
They surrounded him, hoping to intimidate, confuse, scheme, anything to get him to retreat.

29.jpg

The answer?

30.jpg

Elsewhere, Lu Bu's men have left him on his own and is making their way towards Pu Yang.

31.jpg

Only to encounter a naval invasion from the north.

32.jpg

33.jpg

A slight detour, but nothing alarming. For all is still as planned...
Another 7,000 gathered around him.

34.jpg

And yet he's the one smiling.

35.jpg

36.jpg

41.jpg

They're the prey.

45.jpg

46.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Is there none left to challenge him?

53.jpg

There's one.

lubu2.jpg

This one's easily provoked. Leading his cavalry to wreck havoc on the city improvements, Lu Bu watches as the beast of a man stalks him. Waiting for the opportunity to strike...

55.jpg

56.jpg

63.jpg

It's time.

64.jpg

65.jpg

zf01.jpg

zf02.jpg

RK47

Patron
Silence with Steel
Elsewhere, Yuan Shao's puny naval force attemps to harass Pu Yang.

40.jpg

It's too bad Yue Jin has other ideas.

48.jpg

54.jpg

Nothing more than an annoyance while Zhang Liao readies the war drums to the west...

59.jpg

Chang An will burn.

62.jpg

In the East - outskirts of Bei Hai....

67.jpg

zf03.jpg

zf04.jpg

zf05.jpg

68.jpg

One legend dies, another is reborn...

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom