Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's earn glory and dig graves in Battle Brothers: a blind Ironman LP

I wonder who dies next. :codexisfor:
Brofists are on offer for those who put their money where their mouth is :M

Next battle will be a cracker. Will be dividing it up into 2 updates. There's the possibility of glory. There's the possibility of gold. There's the possibility that we all die, babbling incoherently as we're surrounded and cut down, one-by-one.

xeLk6v3.jpg

Gondolin

Arcane
Brofists are on offer for those who put their money where their mouth is :M

Next battle will be a cracker. Will be dividing it up into 2 updates. There's the possibility of glory. There's the possibility of gold. There's the possibility that we all die, babbling incoherently as we're surrounded and cut down, one-by-one.

xeLk6v3.jpg

Damn, brother. :salute:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
a few necromancers you say?
Would say "RIP" but in this case, when things get up when they shouldn't? Maybe if game let us see the fate and further gameplay with our ex-bros on the dark side...
Well, that was nice LP.

Last edited:
We go into this fight having made some adjustments to weapons and armour. Some of our armour was too damaged after the previous fight, so some of the "downgrades" are actually improvements.
iwF0qlv.jpg

To all those about to die, we salute you :salute:
hZjTuAQ.jpg

Our early positioning does give us a key advantage - the two Necromancers are actually within bow-shot, albeit at extreme distances.
XRry66E.jpg

Ninjerk takes the first shot. He misses his target, but still hits flesh.
YEXsluk.jpg

We take up positions on the brink of the hill, setting up a defensive line on the high ground. Not only does give us the advantage in a melee, but in avoiding arrows as well. A lesson that Andnjord is too confident in and pays heavily for.
uuC4u8c.jpg

Cut arm sinew. Injured shoulder. He's at -65% damage and almost dead. He'll have to settle for being a road bump :rpgcodex:
PKHtyCa.jpg

The way the terrain is, they either have to go through us using pushes or just plain killing us, or spent two or three turns going around.
aUyWndo.jpg

Not so much to the south. Rapefuk is on the lower ground and is fighting one-one-one with a skellig, if you're ignoring the pike support. Beowulf and Azira are still waiting for their position to get hit.
qG41AiA.jpg

SmartCheetah claims our first kill, but does it really count when they're already dead? They are quite unarmoured so our shortswords are a strong weapon of choice.
YyxIdd8.jpg

aeternalis drops another bag of bones soon after. See, this isn't so difficult :smug:
wBnaXhf.jpg

The Necromancers drop into the bottom of the valley, bringing back the skeleton that aeternalis had just destroyed. Alright, maybe we do have a fight on our hands.
ZypZfok.jpg

Archers are a thorn in our side, even shooting up through their own men.
sR0uZvG.jpg

But two can play at that game. The wounded Necromancer is out of range, but we have a coin-flip chance of hitting this one.
vJyMk7B.jpg

Ninjerk. Intentional? :M
uIgPjWe.jpg

Modron gets in on the fun. Now we just have to keep holding them off.
0HSE0oe.jpg

Andnjord is relegated to providing a +5 Melee Defense boost to Rapefuk, who takes full advantage with some rather nice riposte action. Everyone is doing well.
j3OfWfI.jpg

But without fatigue, undead can use shield-wall consecutively to put a large dampener on our attacks. I'm trying to avoid attacking when they do it and Azira is our only axe-man.
b9e5unq.jpg

Morale is playing a big part in helping us win. Just have to avoid the death-spiral that any Dwarf Fortress player is familiar with.
mploOdq.jpg

In an almost poetic fashion, the Necromancer is brought back from his shallow grave by his buddy. Ninjerk almost puts him down soon after, but he survives with a sliver of health and continues raising the skeletons back up as fast as we can put them down.
3533uEX.jpg

Azira, who'd been doing sweet fuck all until now, finally has a fight on his hands. But our defenses are holding and Ninjerk keeps up his good form, putting the other Necromancer in the dirt :salute:
4qzKMJg.jpg

Their flanking manouver to the north looks like it's going to bear fruit, right until the moment Hoodoo pushes the skeleton off the cliff for some extremely satisfying damage.
BZqAFit.jpg

aeternalis is spared from the north to help out Azira and try to keep our archers safe.
eVILOaP.jpg

Rapefuk tires, his shield-wall dropping and he takes an arrow to the knee, quickly followed by a flail to the other, breaking his armour.
GAWKl5G.jpg

Ruh-roh!
WmGseDg.jpg

He almost meets his fate to a heavy blow from a pike, one that would have killed him many times over, but fate is on his side! Shit, that was just a single round of combat.
HPETWOP.jpg

Modron is engaged in melee combat, and I'd taken away his melee weapon in favour of more arrows and a bandage. He's going to have to make a dodge roll to escape the tackle zone.
EGWeNL7.jpg

And Rapefuk isn't going down easily, smashing down one of his adversaries.
lpPNQv1.jpg

Modron escapes with just a light blow, but I'm starting to regret not giving him the standard back-up arsenal of a bludgeon and a buckler. Arrows do jack shit against skeletons.
DvvrarL.jpg

I fucking hate ranged weapons!
:rage:
J3TS9C7.jpg

RIP ᚱᚨᚷᛖᚠᚢᛈ :salute:
rJ0RqTr.jpg

Andnjord

Arcane
Look pretty good actually now that the necromancers are dead just a couple of casualties to go (me included :negative:) and we should win this!

Modron

Arcane
Look pretty good actually now that the necromancers are dead just a couple of casualties to go (me included :negative:) and we should win this!
Certain battlefields also allow the dead to rise again you might not want to cross your fingers just yet.

Rapefuk's death sparks a string of failures along our line. We miss: they hit. Ninjerk is surrounded by two skeletons and Hoodoo is too tired to push them away.
9SVXbk9.jpg

Beowulf shows how things are done, moving out of combat to engage the pike wielding skeleton and freeing up Andnjord with a tasty decapitation.
QiUYP0u.jpg

Facing off against a pair of skeletons using shield-wall is making MZeta impotent. He tries to knock one back off down a big drop but misses.
Sq7NBYa.jpg

Ninjerk tries to dodge away but gets smashed. I think this is going to be his end, both oscar and Hoodoo failing to protect him :M
4SL2fVQ.jpg

Azira was doing a stellar job taking on two of the better armed enemies and it seems like they've had enough of it.
kGzZd8K.jpg

After punching Azira out of the way, they step in for a killing blow on the vulnerable Andnjord.
un1hOwF.jpg

He blocks it with his shield like a pro. I need every sword available because most of our armour is starting to break and Ninjerk is going to die.
5B1dzYw.jpg

One... two... three... four. Four dodges. Ninjerk lives! :yeah:
TZ48US8.jpg

We're not exactly losing in the north; but SmartCheetah, Azira and aeternalis are making little progress and getting slowly beaten down.
z82W42w.jpg

One... two...
cFKsAlG.jpg

C-C-C-Combo breaker by the Skeleton Guard is he fucks up Modron.
QrbXk3X.jpg

Three...
EbmXeZI.jpg

Four. RIP Ninjerk :negative:
nXuCFmT.jpg

"Save me, Azira! You are my only hopw roewur ne!" he cries.
fsd2Euz.jpg

"r00fles!" is my only reply. Except my r00fling stops when SmartCheetah fails a 78% chance to kill another skeleton. :x
2VqOL4c.jpg

Modron is bleeding to death. Slowly. But at least he's finished correctly arming himself to lessen the chance of catching a stray arrow in the throat.
NALwDyH.jpg

We're taking the upper-hand. Cracking skulls. But these archers keep dragging us back down to their level. I'm hoping they'll run out of arrows but fuck me are they hurting!
6J4xzA2.jpg

We might now have the numbers advantage but we've lost the terrain advantage.
Wkh2js3.jpg

Beowulf takes a heavy blow to the head for 146 damage like a man. Andnjord takes his chance and wins a coin-toss, saving up his Bro from getting stabbed up the arse.
KrVi0V5.jpg

Beowulf then takes his chances, landing two consequetive 66% hits to take down the Guard. Now he only has being shot in the head to worry about.
O3cfOEf.jpg

MZeta is the only Bro in good enough condition that I trust to run off the archers.
7n2Gecn.jpg

There might only be 3 melee Skeletons left, but they're still capable of killing our exhausted Bros and them still being able to use shield-wall makes them hard to take down one-on-one.
mIZqIWj.jpg

Which is why we have to surround them with as many bodies as we can.
eV8eIS2.jpg

The final remaining enemy takes up high ground across from us. Everyone is at the very limits of their body and are in no condition to go charging up a hill.
BTIInEX.jpg

So we hang back, preparing four Bros who can survive a lucky arrow and then charge. It's a good thing we waited because two of them get hit.
Y5K8AvK.jpg

Hoodoo settles things.
H5EGSns.jpg

Well fought :salute:
4PqlYNM.jpg

oscar, MZeta, Hoodoo, you're all eligible to master a weapon. That means I expect to see one of our pikemen in our shield-wall and the other has this to look forward to.
3ikLlFO.jpg

oscar

Arcane
I've done well as a pikeman thus far. Plus my high fatigue (the fleet-footed perk should cancel out my foot injury if correct) means you can armour me pretty heavily and use me as a frontlike pikeman if you wish. Pike mastery ofc.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
5 kills in one battle and still didn't leveled. I think i know loser who dies next.:obviously:
Look at the damage dealt. You finished them off (important job that!), but didn't do the most damage.
The XP system seems a bit opaque at times. It looks like it factors damage dealt, damage suffered (?) and killing blows dealt. You'll level up soon, if you live...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom