Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's earn glory and dig graves in Battle Brothers: a blind Ironman LP

Beowulf

Arcane
Classic Longinus.

A piece of advice cap'n, if I may. When attacking enemy encampments, that have more ranged troops, consider attacking them at night, to nullify that advantage.

Andnjord

Arcane
Weakened heart? Oh boy, and my attack skill is too low to stay in the back line with a pitchfork... But hey, I took an arrow to the knee heart and survived, that's got to count for something.

After the fight we reach Hohenfeste and replace Storyfag before his ;corpse is even cold. Please welcome that guy with the dodgy runes as his username :salute
oYMAq2T.jpg

Backgrounds making themself useful out of combat, I like it :smug:
vEdqmkr.jpg

:bro:
O95F9io.jpg

Buying treasure maps is a fools game. Serves him right for trying to out-Jew us.
zFbNlSX.jpg

We're on the finally stretch of our patrol when I see a few extra scalps to take.
HGjygjO.jpg

No freak incidents make us lose a man.
ONd8vi7.jpg

So we get some easy gold, easy XP and some more notches on our belt.
zfdUoPe.jpg

Probably going to have enough to start buying some decent armour and weaponry at this point.
O8LE45Q.jpg

There's not much point giving Andnjord health, but with gifted I can give him a decent amount of other defensive stats.
GNMYoL8.jpg

The spice crowns must flow.
RI7dsyF.jpg

We have a couple of meat-shields to help us in this battle :smug:
0riwOxS.jpg

And they do their job well, copping quite a few arrows and hits that would otherwise be directed at our Bros.
aGdEzv0.jpg

Azira is the first Bro to hit level 5, even after such a shitty performance. He gets +4 Health, +4 Max Fatigue, +3 Melee Attack and Axe Mastery.
CxfOdIk.jpg

Ninjerk starts to become an archer, although he's not even close to competant yet.
FUXYxjc.jpg

There's a few close shaves but our caravan runs it home.
HNbcxek.jpg

Our next mission is uneventful. A patrol where absolutely nothing happens.
Zi262za.jpg

Hoodoo steals even more of my money after we take a shortcut through the mountains. Never try to out-gamble a professional gambler.
xwxXN0w.jpg

Our travels finally send us back to Freistadt. The armourer here likes us so I pick up a few chain vests and better helmets, splashing out a bit of my growing pile of cash.
x9tv0ad.jpg

A base attack! It's been a long time since our last one and frankly, I much prefer this to chasing bandits around in the middle of nowhere.
xYAVPTx.jpg

We attack at night - bandit marksmen are the most dangerous of opponents I expect to face. Our ranged won't do shit, so Modron and Ninjerk will be expanding the frontage of our shield-wall.
twC4UHi.jpg

The terrain favours us. We're going to put a perimeter on the higher ground and let them break themselves on us.
rE7rKZD.jpg

It's a massive advantage that gives us the upper hand everywhere.
foCU0Ur.jpg

Their line fractures and that just makes things worse for all of them left standing.
BSUPmm8.jpg

We're too damn good.
fa6c3ce.jpg

Next up we take the three star graveyard mission. Good money for it, 1310 crowns.
uIwPLXB.jpg

Everyone ready to pad their kill count? :smug:
agtroBX.jpg

Sure thing, send us in so we can die horribly, possibly to rise again and haunt the graveyard. Fitting really.
We have losses because you fuck up for three consecutive turns :M

Brofist for anyone who guesses who goes down, 5 for the correct scenario it happens in.

Andnjord

Arcane
Okay, so Azira gets into melee with the zombie protecting the necromancer thus giving him time to raise a bunch of them?

I'm willing to bet my helmet that my dude survives without injuries, any takers?

EDIT: Can I ask for my next perk? I'd like to have Nine Lives please (assuming I survive long enough to level up of course)

Beowulf

Arcane
I'm willing to bet my helmet that my dude survives without injuries, any takers?

I'll take that bet. I know that Undead Phoenix wants me in light clothes to operate this orcish monstrosity, but I fell nekkid in that padded stuff.

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Rename me Rapefuk and how did you level me? I would have loved 'crippling strikes' and 'executioner'...

I seem to have preetty good stats aside from shit Resolve. Needs a bump.
What does the flag and lightning traits stand for?
And how the fuck am I already at level 4 according to first page of this thread?

oYMAq2T.jpg

We're outnumbered. Massively, when you consider that the dead rise again. But I'm not worried. I identify a few locations where we can make a good stand against superior numbers and keep our Bros from becoming exhausted.
SnS2RNQ.jpg

A crude battleplan, one that quickly I change to take advantage of the enemy before they are grouped up as a massive, shambling horde.
hruAhX4.jpg

We strike out to the north, surrounding the lone zombies and cutting them down. Or that's the plan - we consistently miss our 60-80% to hit attacks :rpgcodex:
BuLDAZa.jpg

East goes more to plan and our archers rain hell on mildly annoy the two Wiedergangers who are closest.
9r9vfmy.jpg

A steady flow of undead keep heading our way and we're getting suckered in when they simply refuse to die.
gT4sTCd.jpg

As far as stamina management is going, we're in good shape. A few Bros tire and are swapped out to rest a few turns.
DVZ9zOT.jpg

Facing enemies that are not adept at dodging, Beowulf and Longinus are having a field day with their over-sized weapons.
50RoWve.jpg

There's a few enemies shambling at us from the south of the swamp, but that is just a sideshow to the real action.
zk8nCD5.jpg

Andnjord is doing a sterling job as our first point of contact, his shortsword doing a job on any undead within his reach. A dead true blocks his immediate north and we manage to establish a front.
tbipd0t.jpg

MZeta's spear-wall has worked reasonably well, especially with the zombies clambering all over each other and getting knocked back two hexes.
00OTEMB.jpg

Just fucking stay dead :rpgcodex:
Dttz8Wl.jpg

After many turns of hard fighting, a Wiederganger finally lands something that hurts.
1KtZBKC.jpg

And by the time they actually hurt someone, the horde has been reduced to stragglers.
g5fpO15.jpg

But it seems like the less are left, the deadlier they are.
jtnkVaJ.jpg

But it's ok. They're pretty much dead anyway. I can just move Longinus back behind our Bros after Azira kills this one.
LN6151r.jpg

I said, when Azira kills--
C60fHlt.jpg

Useless motherfuckers! The pair of you! :x
jbb6mDI.jpg

But that's fine because Ninjerk has came to the rescue.
aUVYwqj.jpg

Cunt! :x
Do2Ae5h.jpg

Hoodoo you got this, it's 95%!
bioKQqj.jpg

:rage:
WCimFxg.jpg

And so passes Longinus, son of MotherMachinae, let down by his Bros in his greatest moment of need :salute:
eERmimV.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That happen when he does not wield his class weapon (big ass two handed sword).
Well, shit at least my killkount is p.decent. Got some stuff to impress valkyries in Valhalla, gonna squish some, hehe...
sayonara folks!

Andnjord

Arcane
Only one dead despite going up against 23 undead? That's not too shabby.
If it wasn't for someone holding his axe by the wrong end there would have been none :rpgcodex:

Also it looks like I lost by bet with that cut arm sinew, Undead Phoenix can you transfer my helmet to Beowulf? I'm not even mad, 5 kills is nothing to scoff at and I really thought I was gonna die here.

I'm a master with an axe. Undead Phoenix says so. :codexisfor:
A master baiter. MZeta was behind you looking for space. He wouldn't have failed like you did :rpgcodex:

Andnjord Beowulf already has better armour. Longinus was wearing my best set, which has been passed down the lines.

23 undead and they didn't start hitting us until there was only 4 left. Nuffle lent us his dice for this battle.

I can't make any promises for perks on individual cases. I'll try to check what you want, but in some situations I've already picked.

Purple glowing cloth? Someone clearly has terrible fashion sense.
2brxvxU.jpg

HeroicBloodshed. Beowulf. You've hit level 5, now your weapon choice opens up. Andnjord hits four in what must be record time, grabbing another boost to his defenses.
4QTW8Qq.jpg

The artifact we've looted leads us onto another mission. Burn the witch!
:mob:
BZVWX3E.jpg

SmartCheetah will join us in this hunt. Three stars in Ranged Attack might persuade him to no longer be a melee guy.
agApPLQ.jpg

The lair is not too far away. Death or glory, lads!
xot0mXr.jpg

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I might as well take up a bow, a crossbow or some throwing weapons with melee. Up to you, sir!

Beowulf

Arcane
I'd like to go with swords, preferably 2h ones; if we can get our hands on those, that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom