Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's earn glory and dig graves in Battle Brothers: a blind Ironman LP

Ninjerk

Arcane
RIP Wayward Son and Gondolin
I shall sever heads in thy mem'ry.

Undead Phoenix Am I selecting my own perks? The system has changed quite a bit since I last played and looks like quite a bit of fun.

Ninjerk

Arcane
RIP Wayward Son and Gondolin
I shall sever heads in thy mem'ry.

Undead Phoenix Am I selecting my own perks? The system has changed quite a bit since I last played and looks like quite a bit of fun.
If you tell me in advance I'll stick to what you want. I'm just not pausing and asking any more.
Well it looks like I will be better suited to a life of archery (given the 2 star talent) than zweihanding. I'm going to have to rethink the overall build but for now let us start with Fast Adaptation and I'll update here (or elsewhere per your preference) when I have a better idea.

1. Fast Adaptation
  2. Bullseye
  3. Head Hunter
  4. Pathfinder
  5. Footwork
  6. Bags and Belts (more arrows)
  7. Fearsome
  8. Whatever you think after this
If you've already acquired a sword, pick whatever (although I remember them being made vastly more costly last time I checked, so I am in doubt as to whether you can comfortably afford one yet).

Last edited:
With the way that Berserker cut through us once Wayward Son fell, the casualties would have been much worse if they'd actually not dicked around and let me shoot them - much worse as in wiped out, since I can now see what their 2-handed axe (circular sweep, so can't surround) and chain/flail do (ignores shields), and those never made it into combat. Not sure if it was the spears that worked or the impassable terrain I used to anchor a flank.

There's twelve weapon mastery perks and I'll likely be running a group of twelve as often as possible. I was thinking of making each specific weapon tree unavailable once a Bro has claimed it. Thoughts?

Mace Mastery - mace skills cost less fatigue and stun chance becomes 100%
Flail Mastery - flail skills cost less fatigue and ignore shields
Hammer Mastery - hammer skills cost less fatigue and do more damage to armour
Axe Mastery - axe skills cost less fatigue and do more damage to shields
Cleaver Mastery - cleaver skills cost less fatigue and bleeding damage is doubled
Sword Mastery - sword skills cost less fatigue and hit easier
Dagger Mastery - dagger skills cost less fatigue and use less action points
Polearm Mastery - polearm skills cost less fatigue and hit easier
Spear Mastery - spear skills cost less fatigue and Spearwall is improved
Crossbow Mastery - crossbow skills cost less fatigue and penetrate more armour
Bow Mastery - bow skills cost less fatigue and have greater range
Throwing Mastery - throwing skills cost less fatigue and do more damage

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sounds good. I should go with a one-hander, otherwise getting that shield skill would be a waste.
Axes sound good. I'd like to go for Axe-mastery.

Right after the battle, this odd fellow pops up.
41hSCAj.jpg

A free offer of BROtherhood is not something I'll lightly turn down, especially after losing two long-standing Bros, so please welcome aeternalis to the troop :salute:
cZqmA4r.jpg

aeternalis, with his two stars in Ranged Attack and high base Melee Attack will be our skirmisher, giving an extra dimension to our party. I give him Pathfinder, Quick Hands and Shield Expert. Our existing Bros also step up to replace the empty shoes of Gondolin and Wayward Son - HeroicBloodshed hitting 4 and becoming a Backstabber.
gCOBF7J.jpg

MZeta gains Shield Expert and Adnjord recieves +4 Health, +3 Melee Attack, +3 Ranged Defense and becomes a Student.
gGreoTW.jpg

Casually I stroll into our employers home and help myself to some of his preferred beverage. Once I exert my manliness, he backs down like the cuck he is.
aS60BeR.jpg

The real profit we make is selling Gondolin's organs in equipment. Orc weaponry is tiring to use but is absolutely fucking devastating. Longinus lays claim to a massive two handed chain and Beowulf takes up an axe that is larger than he is. Azira is the only one of our shield-wielding Bros to take up one of the Orcish weaponry, but I'll be keeping his old weapon in case it doesn't work out.
9xwkPaT.jpg

I know the skulls are meant to show how difficult a mission is, but that last one was a single skull and could have obliterated us.
psvRRZ7.jpg

And so we have a choice. This...
FKMe0RO.jpg

Or this. Either way, I want to go to a bigger city to fill in our final vacancy and sell some of our unused equipment at a better price.
TxbFqfY.jpg

You make the choice, you suffer the consequences :smug:
gS0xNuS.jpg

oscar

Arcane
Patrol. Bit more flexibility to pick and choose our fights and wrap up the patrol when we feel like it.

Beowulf

Arcane
My vote goes to patrol as well. We can avoid the orcs and kill some thugs for easy money.

MZeta

Scholar
Patrol. Also i'd like to stick to the spears. Gonna keep the spear wall up.

Andnjord

Arcane
I'll vote for the patrol too, let's get some heads bruthas!

And nice, first battle and a berseker killed, my thief is gonna go far... not with that crappy attack skill though, give me a spear boss and never let me go of it, otherwise I'll never hit anything.

I'll vote for the patrol too, let's get some heads bruthas!

And nice, first battle and a berseker killed, my thief is gonna go far... not with that crappy attack skill though, give me a spear boss and never let me go of it, otherwise I'll never hit anything.
2 Berserkers :M

Patrol it is!

Orc weapons aren't easy to use, but they're perfectly suited to our big hitters who don't hit the fatigue stonewall after two turns in combat.
pzAovIY.jpg

Our patrol starts out very uninteresting and we reach Grollfeste without incident.
H5V6HYc.jpg

Storyfag joins our team. Like a true Bro he's on the run after murdering another man to escape his gambling debts :salute:
WVJAzVK.jpg

There's more money to be made in trading trinkets and goods than there is with mercenary work . We also pick up a few good helms and some medium armour.
bpMcYXX.jpg

A dozen Orcs? Go on patrols to avoid Orcs? Fuck it, they're in our way :rpgcodex:
7HU0tc5.jpg

Or not. The 2nd Grollfeste Company engage them before we get anywhere near.
tgvqb4e.jpg

And the same happens in the battle. We're still wading through the swamp when the Orcs start to crumble.
qoUWY0s.jpg

Stat padding your battle count :M
3iZxlJR.jpg

Easiest 560 crowns we'll ever make :smug:
3iZxlJR.jpg

With five days left we make a detour off the road and discover a bandit's hideout.
jgH6DDt.jpg

Four archers! Luckily they all thunk into our shield-wall and Andnjorn
5qQLXdH.jpg

Usually I try to crush the melee centre with superior numbers, but I'm going to have to make an adjustment for this battle.
Ez2Ionb.jpg

Even with some Bros branching off that doesn't take long at all.
izhtET9.jpg

There's soon to only be one raider, Azira delivering the pain with his machete, almost as though he's been practicing with it in his spare time.
http://i.imgur.com/VhX2v3y.jpg

The two marksman in the north are still being a pain in my ass and are wearing down Longinus.
40fseVS.jpg

And out of the blue, one decides to shoot into the whirling melee and takes down Andnjord :salute:
rgtqi4i.jpg

Having incapacitated our Bro, this ginger bastard and his mate fades into the darkness, escaping our angry mob.
FbOh2KI.jpg

And he thought he was destined for glory :M
GdxlCgP.jpg

Loot is very nice; two heater shields, two improved ranged weapons and some armour improvements for our lighter guys.
PHAijfP.jpg

Modron isn't yet at Gondolin levels of bullshit shooting but with +9 Ranged Attack from leveling up he should be a lot closer. His Ranged Defense is doubled and he also gets a good boost to his Health and Initiative.
9vXIRrn.jpg

Ninjerk takes his first steps on the road of not being forced into our shield-wall because he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
EbUw9NZ.jpg

And Hoodoo is sort of just there.
YKpgnDt.jpg

Unfortunately the bandit camp didn't count towards the number of heads we've claimed. Just fucking cut them off, nobody will know the difference :rpgcodex:
zaQBfI2.jpg

And straight onto the backwagon we go!
jtyf2Pp.jpg

You don't have the luxury of being picky with your food :x
MOzuw9M.jpg

There's a few sightings of bandits but they're all fleeting.
Z7akiTc.jpg

Doesn't impact our paycheck either way.
MJ2WLgG.jpg

The only mission available in Glanzburg is a three skull.
frDb4Xl.jpg

:troll:
Av8DlC5.jpg

No.
i1hJf4d.jpg

First world problems. I don't give a fuck. Show me the money.
cArBnr6.jpg

It's shit, but work is work.
fliQGIl.jpg

oscar is such a pussy, but everything is soon forgotten in favour of proving that it's only gay if balls touch.
cyNjI1x.jpg

We're almost halfway through our journey, taking a shortcut through a swamp before anything actually happens: a large group of bandits surround us and attack.
NmgE2L5.jpg

Going for the flank in a swamp. With even numbers. It's worse than a bad idea. They're going to struggle to hit our meager backline and we're just going to tear through their thin perimeter.
fvSX5BN.jpg

What they do have is protected archers in positions we can't easily close with, and these cunts hurt.
zJLWx6J.jpg

But this is the thing I was talking about - a scattering of bandits fall before the others are in position to back them up.
R0puNlO.jpg

And with the death of their frontline, we send Bros out to duel their archers.
8ll7Qby.jpg

Modron fires an arrow in the direction of the wavering Bandit Thug but unfortunately doesn't hit his target. Why? That dead bandit in front, who was invisible, blocked it with his face :smug:
oR48orr.jpg

They are almost as deadly, Storyfag being taken within an inch of his life by the hefty impact of a crossbow quarrel.
gJ1wI2C.jpg

There's still a good number of enemies left but our priority has shifted to defense.
KSdFkMO.jpg

Hoodoo is also starting to get into a bad spot and Storyfag blocks another arrow with his shield.
ZI0Ln1Q.jpg

Modron gets engaged, but I'm not too worried. Help is right there.
kb9Lwlh.jpg

The ambush I set east of our main body works a treat, removing another archer from the equation.
kdlPk0y.jpg

MZeta forces the northern-most archer into combat.
Nmg8vi0.jpg

HeroicBloodshed gets the final one, removing any ranged threat from upsetting my plans.
20WCoPQ.jpg

Three remain in the centre but they're in bad shape.
M0bBO07.jpg

:whatho:
RfNqQIs.jpg

RIP Storyfag :salute:
AH2EX0W.jpg

He got shot. In the head. While MZeta was busy hacking the bandit to bits. I call bullshit on this :rpgcodex:
VhsRMQr.jpg

Everyone is dying :dead:
bcamwbR.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Longinus did fuck all in that combat, eh? He just let Storyfag die, without even touching the attackers. :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom