Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's earn glory and dig graves in Battle Brothers: a blind Ironman LP

Beowulf

Arcane
Nice work with the goblins, chief.

But consider facing them at night and preferably with wardogs, especially if they have more ambushers.

Reinhardt

Arcane
See, this is why I need to know if these things act as fully fledged characters. I'm not having Fluffy the Terrible run straight into the jaws of death.
Looks like they are not. My doggy charged into the horde of zombies and died. At least he was clever enough to fight on the hill

Ninjerk

Arcane
The last time I played, Undead Phoenix, you can raid caravans by going to a city and pissing them off (IIRC by taking contracts, arguing until they get pissed at you, and then dropping the contract). The city guards will come out after you once the town goes red, but if you keep an eye on the city all the caravans that are sent out by it will be red (and will run from you).

Andnjord

Arcane
Ok, I said fighting goblins was a bad idea, guess you did a good job chief:salute:

And no, you can't control dogs, you can only decide when to release them (before that they stay in your inventory) and which tile to release them into. Useful for taking down necromancers and archers though.

Norfleet

If they survive the fight, do you keep them? If so, it seems like it would be best to release them in volleys, like furry cruise missiles, to cover your advance so you can overwhelm the enemy.

dag0net

Arcane
if they survive, yeah. you can use them like that, to induce fatigue, draw attacks, clump up the enemy as they try to attack teh dog and their initiative pretty much guarantees two rounds of attacks if u hold them to the end of the last turn before general melee..tho rly if you're needing them to do damage you're likely better off running away: hitpoint sinks, distractions & ambusher-chasers.

Goblin weaponry is sort of disappointing. On the whole worse than what we were using, but we'll be using the falchion we looted, handing it to Wayward Son since his melee defense is shit tier. Sadly bows do not come with poison.
DIsqfLf.jpg

And so our mission is completed. The payout is nice, a lot nicer than I initially expected. Not quite sure why people are gardening at night, so perhaps they're trimming a different sort of hedge.
PxnYSok.jpg

I don't pay you cunts on a daily basis to lounge around, so we're right back on the job :rpgcodex:
PMDM6fL.jpg

On top of this von Rabenholt also being a bastard with no table manners, we aren't able to barter up our price any.
dvbwzCv.jpg

Azira gets +4 Health, +4 Bravery and +3 Ranged Defense on leveling up as well as Shield Expert. Longinus gains Backstabber, +3 Melee Attack, +2 Melee Defense and +3 Ranged Defense.
OjC8Iap.jpg

On route to our objective we take a slight detour to another hostile base. Who will raid the raiders?
CcCskgN.jpg

Rhetorical question. Do not answer.
vNMW1gv.jpg

We've come a long way in a short period of time.
O5d2XEx.jpg

MZeta and Heroic Bloodshed both hit 3 and I give them both Gifted. MZeta gets a shit initial roll, but gains a combined +4 Health, +3 Bravery, +7 Melee Attack, +4 Melee Defense and +4 Ranged Defense. HeroicBloodshed takes home +9 Health, +7 Melee Attack and +7 Melee Defense. raw stats are the order of the day.
pf0PRDt.jpg

You'd be forgiven for thinking I'd be satisfied with two lots of butchery for the day. I would have agreed before this brave quartet decides we aren't scary enough :smug:
8T32U9j.jpg

You can probably imagine how this is going to go down. We set up a V and they thrust deep into the centre of it, unaware of the teeth hidden just behind the lips.
JQ0vPBs.jpg

I didn't screenshot the victory screen so I'm going to have to guess on who got those few unconfirmed kills :M
KSJcyDm.jpg

Modron takes Dodge at lvl 3. He's hardly getting our best armour and gives a hefty buff to his ranged defense. Hoodoo gets the unimaginative Gifted boost, taking his melee defense from 1 to 8.
bSdFs3m.jpg

We hit the hideout in the bright light of midday.
0xafwq8.jpg

Fucking swamps! Fucking Ambushers!
LbOwBjP.jpg

Unwilling to push across that wide morass, I make the quick decision to use tall brush to hide our bros and force their archers to come at us.
MFn3lPA.jpg

Neither Dodge nor the extra concealment help Modron, who gets nailed from long range. Poison completely fucks up my crossbows, so maybe I should have handed out some of those inferior goblin bows instead of persisting with the extra firepower.
hE95GVR.jpg

One Ambusher moving into the swamp and another seemingly melee goblin hanging back and chucking bolas at us breaks my battle-plan completely. My charge across the swamp is penned back almost as soon as it starts, with MZeta getting fucked.
RJXJLys.jpg

Modron, slowed by the poison, needs to be rescued.
P6fZt7S.jpg

Gondolin has been providing the majority of our offense, almost scoring his third kill before anyone else has really gotten into combat and then giving the furthest Ambusher a Pierced Hand injury with his zero next shot.
KZECoWs.jpg

Longinus once again gets fucked up by an archer in melee combat :decline:
seuJHWI.jpg

I'm beginning to think he enjoys getting penetrated by things that are hard, six inches long and concealed until they need to be used.
N1gxSWG.jpg

Gondolin's murderspree is brought to an end when he is finally poisoned, but Modron is finally back into the fight and kill-steals from Wayward Son, freeing up HeroicBloodshed to tie up one of the enemies up in hand-to-hand.
B3SqF92.jpg

They rally, but at this stage they're mostly an annoyance.
Weac2MQ.jpg

Azira wins his duel in the swamp to the North and our angry farmers deal with the unfair battles below.
1pLa6qO.jpg

Almost everyone has taken home some form of injury. I don't think there's an accurate disease system in play yet, so everyone bleeding into mucky water won't have to take antibiotics to fight off the inevitable damage that would realisticly have occured.
ivG3DpX.jpg

Beowulf hits lvl 4 and becomes a really trusty fellow in addition to becoming healthier, more enduring and better at hitting stuff.
VSaPg8i.jpg

We took home some interesting loot. Maybe these will come in handy.
ewpm6W7.jpg

650 Crowns for some pretty painful work. I certainly won't be polishing each one like Hermann .
x9ZrMeD.jpg

Our next mission is instant. Pay is shit, 400 Crowns total, but I'm bored of this area. Maybe I'll catch a ferry to make the journey quicker.
cfo9Qcv.jpg

Last edited:
Da Boyz

kA9kpgN.jpg
jdrjMLd.jpg
Azira

Hired: day 0
Battles: 13
Kills: 15
Background: Companion. Azira is not known to be a big talker, but he has every right to be. He learned how to fight from his father, a vanguard at the Battle of Many Names. With quick whirls and whips of his shield, the man's deflected all manner of mortal danger. Although rather quiet, you've found Azira's place in a shield-wall to be rather indispensable.
Traits: Tough; Strong
Perks: Colossus, Gifted, Shield Expert
Lvl 4
HP**: 108
Max Fatigue*: 120
Resolve*: 48
Initiative: 101
Melee Attack: 62
Ranged Attack: 41
Melee Defense: 15
Ranged Defense: 8

bI6kSqX.jpg
YKtpMCA.jpg
Gondolin

Kills: 12
Background: Companion. Gondolin is one of the more talented marksman you've encountered in your travels. A clever bowman, he once loosed two arrows simultaneously to kill a charging set of bandits. While he has a fondness for killing from afar, Gondolin's no slouch in close-quarters combat.
Traits: Quick
Perks: Student, Gifted, Crippling Strikes
Lvl 4
HP: 60
Max Fatigue*: 100
Resolve: 39
Initiative*: 121
Melee Attack: 50
Ranged Attack**: 65
Melee Defense: 1
Ranged Defense*: 15

z3Isgvp.jpg
AN31GEG.jpg
Longinus

Kills: 12

Background: Companion. Brooding and at times suicidal, it's no surprise that Longinus is frequently found diving into battle with nothing more than a large two-hander. The man is known to ignore the fragility of his own mortality just to end the life of another. He'll use any weapon you give him, but Longinus has a proclivity towards those that can make calamitous ruin out of a man's body.
Traits: Brute, Iron Lungs
Perks: Pathfinder, Headhunter, Backstabber
Lvl 4
HP: 63
Max Fatigue: 104
Resolve*: 49
Initiative: 98
Melee Attack**: 60
Ranged Attack: 32
Melee Defense*: 10
Ranged Defense: 7

z7ROLqf.jpg
brA0qD6.jpg
oscar

Hired: day 1
Battles: 12
Kills: 6
Background: Vagabond. oscar did not have the business acumen to protect his inheritance from debtors, lawmen, and other maleficent men. Now he wanders with the last of his crowns jangling in a pocket. Sadly, the world is not a pleasant place for those who nobody would miss. He was harassed and bullied every day. A thief, a scoundrel, a baker, a tailor, oscar's done it all. Too bad he was never good at any of those things. Maybe it'll be different this time.
Traits: Fainthearted, Superstitious, Maimed Foot
Perks: Pathfinder, Gifted
Lvl 3
HP: 54
Max Fatigue: 115
Resolve***: 22
Initiative: 83
Melee Attack*: 57
Ranged Attack: 32
Melee Defense: 10
Ranged Defense**: 11

PjobprH.jpg
phP34M6.jpg
Beowulf

Hired: day 1
Battles: 12
Kills: 5
Background: Fisherman. Beowulf was content with being a fisherman. As long as there was no storm, he was out there, fishing, day in and out. It was after he strangled his wife in a fit of rage that he lost all interest in the fighting trade. Visiting the tavern one evening, a new opportunity presented itself with the promise of coin for dangerous work.
Traits: Brave
Perks: Colossus, Dodge, Backstabber
Lvl 4
HP: 86
Max Fatigue*: 115
Resolve: 44
Initiative: 118
Melee Attack: 52
Ranged Attack*: 36
Melee Defense*: 3
Ranged Defense: 5

ynQssag.jpg
tJfCD09.jpg
Wayward Son

Hired: day 3
Battles: 11
Kills: 4
Background: Ratcatcher. With perhaps misplaced pride, Wayward Son fashions himself as a man of the sewers. He grew up in Kampstadt, surviving in the alleys. For cheap entertainment, his father taught him the ways of snaring tiny rodents. But Kampstadt wears on people, and it wore on Wayward Son like a giant, nibbling creature. Trusting his rat-whispering skills, Wayward Son now seeks to perhaps graduate his skills from rats to dogs and maybe humans, so he says. He doesn't appear to know what he's in for, but perhaps it is best to not tell him.
Traits: Asthmatic, Loyal
Perks: Recover, Dodge
Lvl 3
HP: 56
Max Fatigue: 98
Resolve: 39
Initiative**: 134
Melee Attack***: 58
Ranged Attack**: 32
Melee Defense: 0
Ranged Defense: 0

6TgaMcR.jpg
Hoodoo

Hired: day 5
Battles: 8
Kills: 7

Background: Gambler. Everyone gambles, so Hoodoo figured why not do it for money? The constant coming and going of mercenaries made for easy targets - until one sore loser ran him off with a bastard sword. Wars have sapped most of the fish from his card games. Instead of waiting around he figured he'd just go ahead and follow them.
Traits: Cocky, Fearless
Perks: Nine Lives, Gifted
Lvl 3
HP: 56
Max Fatigue: 87
Resolve**: 62
Initiative*: 122
Melee Attack: 54
Ranged Attack: 40
Melee Defense: 3
Ranged Defense*: 9

GluOJRh.jpg
HeroicBloodshed

Kills: 9
Background: Brawler. A hard upbringing by his father and brothers honed HeroicBloodshed into being a temperamental fighter. Fiery in spirit, he's always willing to take up fisticuffs. Local fighting rings say he's got a mean left hook. After years of hardship, the promise of regular pay for mercenary work is a tempting offer for him, even through he has little idea of actual warfare.
Traits: Quick, Brave
Perks: Student, Gifted
Lvl 3
HP: 76
Max Fatigue*: 104
Resolve: 50
Initiative*: 119
Melee Attack: 59
Ranged Attack: 40
Melee Defense**: 13
Ranged Defense: 3

zLh5R6G.jpg
MZeta

Kills: 5
Background: Apprentice. One enters the world always looking to be the best they can be, but no one gets there in an instant. MZeta thought the same, taking the role of an apprentice in Grollfeste. He had soaked up all there was to learn: masonry, carpentry, blacksmithing, lovemaking. Now he turns his eyes on the martial arts. While he isn't exactly a warrior yet, MZeta is a fast learner.
Traits: Determined
Perks: Colossus, Gifted
Lvl 3
HP: 81
Max Fatigue: 97
Resolve: 42
Initiative: 110
Melee Attack: 59
Ranged Attack*: 30
Melee Defense*: 11
Ranged Defense*: 8

cfo9W1u.jpg
Modron

Kills: 4
Background: Tailor. As tunics and shirts grew popular, Modron turned to tailoring to make a crown or two. But when he sheared a sheep that did not belong to him, Modron was kicked out of town. Now the tailor looks for a new life, no matter where it takes him. Tailors don't seem fit for combat, but then again neither do most of the men you run across these days.
Traits:

Perks: Nine Lives, Dodge
Lvl 3
HP: 60
Max Fatigue: 95
Resolve: 33
Initiative**: 112
Melee Attack: 52
Ranged Attack**: 48
Melee Defense: 5
Ranged Defense*: 6

We go south to Strandekai. The journey is rather long on foot.
a47VY8V.jpg

On our way down there, we take out some easy prey.
Yuc1T4S.jpg

Our shield-wall is just too strong for them.
6Ukme7x.jpg

But they still manage to fuck up Azira. :decline: of Azira
IMvC6DQ.jpg

The bandits break and we cut down two of the survivors.
aa0RwmA.jpg

oscar keeps inclining, even as a cripple. He takes Backstabber, since his targets are usually surrounded by two or three of our Bros.
pheWZnh.jpg

Upon reaching the town, I decide to bolster our company to a dozen strong. Please welcome Ninjerk to the party :salute:
t8qEujE.jpg

And Andnjord who completes our savoury bunch :salute:
Y8MEpuF.jpg

Not soon after, we get a random encounter.
OW5qvdY.jpg

Now while I'm all for banditry and shit, this monk is spreading the holy gospel of beer and deserves to be treated like the hero he is.
zxm0FXp.jpg

Am I not a generous god? :smug:
HqLOKkR.jpg

All hail the ale! :cheersmate:
fncsWHE.jpg

We could go directly to Holmwik, but for 100 crowns less we only need a short march from Kampstadt. Sure, this eats up most of the money we'd be making, but that was never the point here.
B77t2qE.jpg

:what: Ferries are fucking magic, the journey is instantaneous!
nA9Pf3Z.jpg

The Jew at the destination tries to avoid paying us, but we have our priorities in order.
4C03AjW.jpg

The last time we were in Holmwik we were just dealing with the guilds. Now, it seems, we've gone up in the world.
R8R0XLG.jpg

Bitch, please, like your dogs would be able to take me in a fight :rpgcodex:
HaGfusS.jpg

We hash out the terms of our contract before I have a look at the two skull one.
kVXs8TR.jpg

The pay is good, but Glanzburg is all the way on the other side of the map.
CLbcMJn.jpg

And so we march to Waaagh! against the Orcs.
pbpSIWB.jpg

Some? A few?
2yGIxjY.jpg

I'm fucking murdering our scout after this :rpgcodex:
2zaSuGT.jpg

This may be a blind LP, but I am not blind. Knowing that people shit themselves about fighting Orcs in melee and that they aren't big on the whole armour thing, I'd outfitted you Bros in weapons better at cutting exposed flesh and spread out our stock of bows and crossbows.
MVbZ80l.jpg

The thick shrubbery to our north blocks movement and I have Andnjord and MZeta keep up a spear-wall that covers most of our frontage.
a9RZaGm.jpg

First blood! Beowulf has had his axe prised from his cold, useless hands and was given a Cruel Falchion and a shield instead.
VzeB5Eh.jpg

Two Berserkers swing north to flank us.
1ePluRf.jpg

Our ranged firepower is paying dividends, as evidenced by the blood splatters. They do have some javelins on their side however.
fZgPq1O.jpg

BOOM! HEADSHOT!
U7LU2HA.jpg

Battle is joined on our southern flank. Beowulf, supported by oscar, is given the task of killing the double-grip Orc to our front and HeroicBloodshed will be holding out alone against the two shield-bearing Young :salute:
TPzWLGP.jpg

Andnjord and Wayward Son move to screen our archers with Ninjerk, MZeta and Longinus pushing forwards, breaking our line to engage the javelin Orcs.
zqfozy5.jpg

I think Orcs are like horses - scared of long, pointy poles.
TX2Ck6c.jpg

It's a full on brawl and we're winning hard.
bLVd7cu.jpg

HeroicBloodshed will need to hold out for longer. He's in reasonable state, but if they break his shield he'll be fucked hard.
oLX3JFe.jpg

Wayward Son is finally engaged and the chain-wielding Berserker fails his charge. adnjord's spear-wall fails because he's fat as fuck and needs more exercise.
OhJxzDj.jpg

Bring it down!
VC2ptMC.jpg

Fucking shoot it!
9NnulwM.jpg

Useless cunts. Looks like we're doing this the manly way :rpgcodex:
BbvFPZE.jpg

:yeah:
T7KBFA0.jpg

With Bloodshed still fighting hard, the other greenskins fall. Rather than bumrush the final Berserker we go to make him the last man standing.
wtbrmaB.jpg

Wayward Son takes a hit and starts to bleed profusely, but he can take it.
gQIsRLf.jpg

He can tak-
eYCkdgr.jpg

Oh fuck!
yVxpgJL.jpg

RIP Wayward Son :salute:
k4Py4v2.jpg

Everyone in!
DJIj6Us.jpg

Gondolin is almost cut in half in a single swing!
kJTK3B5.jpg

Utterly surrounded, with all of our standing Bros closing in, the Berserker breaks!
JpLhCq4.jpg

Hmmm...
ersDttl.jpg

Suffer Not The Alien To Live :rpgcodex:
kfvCVzu.jpg

Gondolin goes for it!
6993Cj9.jpg

And fails :M
ktjM0qI.jpg

RIP Gondolin :salute:
77ChhXL.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Join me in Valhalla! I was just pretending to be a monk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom