Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Cyber-Play... SNATCHER. (Finale)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Satori said:
In the Jap version the chick was a model and you had to tell her her measurements. She's 14.
14 ? damn... what measurements could a 14-year old have ? ...and we haven't even reached the shower scene.

Satori said:
Wait so you haven't actually read it yet but are still judging it?
Reading lots of text still gives me a headache, so no, I haven't read it. I can say whether it is fuck up or not.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Well, last time we learned quite A few things that will help us find the Snatchers. But before that let's head to our apartment and chill out a bit, I think we deserve it.

CHAPTER 5 : FAKE MEMORIES ?

gens2009-09-0700-12-11-14.jpg
gens2009-09-0700-12-40-84.jpg

Hmm, what does he mean about these North and south regions ? Actually there is a bit of backstory to be found if we search Jordan's files. The vast majority of Immigrants (legal or Illegal), poor people and "underground" elements have concentrated in the southern part of the city, while the rich are mostly in the north. Black Market and illegal transportation (the Black Taxis) is flourishing in the south to such a degree that they are unofficially considered semi-legal.

So, we are just in-between these two regions. Not a bad place for a Junker to live... Let's get inside.

gens2009-09-0700-13-23-09.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Don't you ever shut up ? Are you programmed to evaluate my personal life, too ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
My duty is to support you and observe that you are properly carrying out your responsibilities as a Junker.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Some observer... you mean informer, right ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Well, one could put it that way...

The Big Brother is always watching. Hmm, there is a photo on the shelf :

gens2009-09-0700-14-06-18.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Ah, yes. I've written her videophone number on the back. Let me see... 39-3444.

But where was this picture taken, was Jamie at the Olympics ? This one is optional, but if we continue investigating it, we'll come up with some interesting facts :

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Hmm, it seems to be a picture of her when she was very young, but I can't remember where it was taken... Can you analyze it, Metal ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Based on the analysis of the inks and chemical structure of the developers, I would say that it's at least 30 years old. The logo appears to be from the Moscow Olympics.

gens2009-09-0700-14-06-18a.jpg
gens2009-09-0700-14-06-18b.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
This photo must be a composite.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
A composite ? And at the Moscow Olympics on top of that... I can't understand why would anyone want to make a fake photo like this one...

Maybe we should call our lovely wife...Hmm, all dressed and ready to leave. Actually there is some randomness in how you'll find Jamie each time you call her.

gens2009-09-0700-18-16-35.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Gillian ! It's good to see you.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
It's been a long time Jaime. So, how are you doing ?

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Same as always. Keeping myself busy so the loneliness doesn't sink in.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
How's your job going ? Are you still working at Kobe Pharmaceuticals ?

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Yes. This work really suits me. I almost feel like I've been doing it for years. I'm hoping that this may help bring my memory back.

gens2009-09-0700-19-10-51.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
I'm afraid not. I can't remember anything about living together with you. What about you, Gillian?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
It's the same for me. I can't remember anything from before I woke up in that army hospital.

Let's ask her about the photo...

gens2009-09-0700-19-10-51a.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Yes, that picture of me when I was a little girl, right ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Where was it taken ?

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
I don't really know... It looks like the Olympics or something. I suppose I had it with me when the army picked us up.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Hmmm. That picture looks like it might have been taken at the Moscow Olympics. But this was a long time ago Jaime. Long before we were born.

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
What ? How can this be possible ?.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
You see, Jamie, this picture looks like it may have been faked.

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Faked ? Who would do something like that ? And why ?

gens2009-09-0700-19-10-51a.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
It's as if we're being controlled by something we cannot see.

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
But who is doing this ? Are we deliberately kept in the dark ? Are you saying someone knows the truth about our past ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Maybe the government knows something.

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Oh, let's just be ourselves Gillian.Let's worry about what to do from now on.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Maybe you're right, Jaime. So, where are you headed ?

gens2009-09-0700-26-59-34.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
A man ?

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Why do you want to know ? Are you jealous ?

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Aha ! That's it ! You're jealous, aren't you !

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Don't pick on me like that.

gens2009-09-0700-27-19-09.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Ah, your memory recovery treatments ?

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
That's right. Doctor you-know-who.

Maybe it's time to try and get back with Jamie...

gens2009-09-0700-27-42-70.jpg

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
Please don't say that Gillian. All we did was fight. Right now, I think the two of us are better off apart. I'm sure of it...

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Come on Jaime. Talk to me a bit. Over dinner or something... We haven't been out in so long...

Snatcher_Jamie_3.jpg
I'm sorry Gillian. I just don't feel like doing that kind of thing, yet..

gens2009-09-0700-28-54-12.jpg

Great, another slap in the face of our brave Junker. Anyway there is not much else to do in our house apart from fooling around in the bathroom. Let's check out our futuristic toilet...

gens2009-09-0700-31-57-50.jpg
gens2009-09-0700-32-09-45.jpg

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
Gillian, according to the HealthPot (tm) system, you're exceptionally healthy... Oh NO !

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
What's wrong ?!

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
The nanomachines I injected in you... !!

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
What happened... they go sailing right on through ?

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
What a waste. Those things are very expensive you know...

gens2009-09-0700-32-35-68.jpg

How true. And with these wise words I think we should leave and head over to Alton Plaza to meet our informer, Napoleon. Hmm, it seems the Christmas time is near.

gens2009-09-0701-16-04-95.jpg

Check out the "Great Meals" sign, how nice. Unfortunately Napoleon is nowhere to be found. Well, it's something to be expected since we've left him waiting there all this time while we were at Gibson's house and our apartment.

gens2009-09-0701-17-11-06.jpg

No worries, we can re-schedule another meeting later. The interesting thing about Alton Plaza is the advertisement screen. There we can see some useful videophone numbers...

gens2009-09-0701-18-05-03.jpg

Great, I always wanted to talk to Konami about dropping the SH series. :dialsnumber:

gens2009-09-0701-21-51-45.jpg
gens2009-09-0701-21-56-40.jpg

MINDFUCK ! Anyway, the really interesting phone number is the one from...

gens2009-09-0701-18-05-03a.jpg

Plato's Cavern ! Wasn't that the name we saw in the sunscreen bottle we found at Gibson's apartment ? Let's call them.

gens2009-09-0701-24-41-48.jpg
gens2009-09-0701-24-47-31.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Where is Plato's Cavern located ?

" We're located on 5th Street in the Sannomiya K district. Everything in that area is part of our organization."

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Thank you very much.

Next stop : Plato's Cavern.

gens2009-09-0701-27-41-87.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
A black market with billboards... they're pretty daring.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
It's one of those unwritten understandings... The black market has become a part of the city's economy.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Is it my imagination, or does that look like the Konami logo ?.

Snatcher_Metal_1.jpg
They're all probably under the same management.

Aha ! I bet Konami are behind those Snatchers too... Oh wait... Uh, No time for more mindfucks. In we go.

gens2009-09-0701-29-26-78.jpg

Hmm, let's look around.

gens2009-09-0701-29-36-45.jpg
gens2009-09-0701-29-47-06.jpg

Let's see if he knows anything about Gibson.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Do you sell those PC68 personal computer here ?

Snatcher_Plato_1.jpg
No, not anymore. We had a few of those years ago, but they're long gone.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Do you know this man ?

gens2009-09-0701-32-17-29.jpg

Snatcher_Plato_1.jpg
Oh... That's right. He bought some sunscreen here just the other day.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Sunscreen ? Like this one ? (we show him the bottle)

Snatcher_Plato_1.jpg
Yeah. The world's getting weirder all the time. This stuff is selling really good in the middle of the winter.

gens2009-09-0701-33-38-51.jpg

Chinese doctor eh ? We'll keep this in mind. Now we since we don't need to buy sunscreen and we can't buy happiness , let's buy one of those masks up on the wall. You'll see later why we need it.

gens2009-09-0701-34-35-64.jpg
gens2009-09-0701-34-38-00.jpg

Snatcher_Plato_1.jpg
They're all very good. Hand-made by Rick Bakery himself. you know. Which one do you want ?

Should we pick the Mummy or the Moai mask ? C&C , baby ! Well not really. Anyway we'll take the mummy , it's cooler.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
I'll take the mummy.

Snatcher_Plato_1.jpg
Thank you very much. That will be 2000 credits.

2000 credits ?! Oh, who cares, the agency is paying. We can wear the mask and scare some people outside, but no time for that. We better get hold of Napoleon.

gens2009-09-0701-42-03-34.jpg

OK, let's head back to Alton Plaza. Finally we find the guy, but he still doesn't trust us. He wants to see our ID before we proceed.

gens2009-09-0701-44-46-96.jpg
gens2009-09-0701-44-50-37.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
My name's Gillian Seed. I'm the new Junker.

Snatcher_Napoleon_1.jpg
Oh yes, another one trying to hurry to his grave... Too bad about good ol' Gibson. Maybe it's about time I changed my line of work.

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
So, why are you called Napoleon ?

Snatcher_Napoleon_1.jpg
One of these days I might tell you why, but if you want to live for long in this business, you can't sell yourself out.

Let's cut to the chase :

gens2009-09-0701-46-53-45.jpg

Snatcher_Napoleon_1.jpg
Hmm. Since that prohibition on shooting buffalo went into effect, almost nobody will touch the stuff. Well, I have a few ideas, but I'm not charity, you know.

Damn, he wants cash. Fortunately we have that money the Chief gave us...

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Here, take it !

Snatcher_Napoleon_1.jpg
Thanks... There's a masquerade club called Outer Heaven. I'm pretty sure they serve buffalo.

Masquerade club, eh ? Now you see why we need that mask. Let's ask for some more info about this club.

gens2009-09-0701-48-01-06.jpg
gens2009-09-0701-48-05-17.jpg

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
Where is it located ?

Snatcher_Napoleon_1.jpg
I'm not doing this for fun, you know. I'm gonna need a little something to get me talking.

What ? the little creep !

Snatcher_Gillian_1.jpg
You've really got nerve... take it !

Snatcher_Napoleon_1.jpg
Thanks again, I can see you'll make a good Junker, heheh... It's on the 17th Street in the HS district.

And with that we let him go... Next stop : Outer Heavan.

gens2009-09-0716-12-07-18.jpg
gens2009-09-0716-12-36-07.jpg

Wow, the Barker took his role literary. I wonder what we'll find inside. Maybe decadent atmosphere with sexy girls dancing? We'll see. All you cybercodexers will have to wait for the next chapter, to find out.

Angthoron

Arcane
Looks quite interesting so far, although some dialogues are rather trying to be lulzy than working to set the actual mood. I guess this is postmodernism in games or something?

Anyway, looking forward to MOAR, kind sir!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, I don't know. Since there hasn't been much interest in this LP and it takes a lot of time to make these chapters, I was thinking of dropping it.

ghostdog said:
Hmm, I don't know. Since there hasn't been much interest in this LP and it takes a lot of time to make these chapters, I was thinking of dropping it.

You're supposed to be the shining light of which all would-be LP artists look up to for guidence - You cannot fail. Cannot.

... But fuck, what'd i know, right?

Luzur

Good Sir
ghostdog said:

no no no no no no no you dont, then i must be forced to replay this game again, which i really dont have time for.

Angthoron

Arcane
ghostdog said:

I think it's something to do with it being weekend and the mothers chasing their kids out of the basement to play with their peers... Err, I mean, people partaking in consumption of sweet, sweet alcohol and enjoying unabashed hours-long sex with whatever it is that captures their fancy. And it's a bit hard to say anything at the moment, guess people are still trying to make heads or tails out of it.

The game has potential, but I guess there's a certain lack of suspense at the moment that makes people keep their comments for the future and expect someone else to post (I know I was, at least). I do expect it'll pick up once the conspiracy shit hits the investigative fan, though.

Edit: Unless you're not finding the game fun yourself, it's not exactly fun to follow someone playing something they don't enjoy themselves.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You're thinking of dropping it you damn tease? Fucker, you actually made me play Snatcher all over again and go and find that Policenauts game with this awesome LP. Just look at how much traffic this thread has recieved and stop being a drama queen and start butchering Snatchers!

Ohlie

Novice
De-lurking to say that I love this LP, ghostdog. Your work isn't just nostalgia, it's gaming archaeology. Plenty of fine games have been buried under the strata of shitty ones, causing many of us to rely on passionate fossil hunters like yourself. :)

Don't make a hasty decision!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
ghostdog said:

Will a few blowjobs change your mind?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hey, even a phantasmal dog needs an e-blowjob once in a while... I've actually finished playing through the game and I have a shitload of screens up to the end.

I guess this LP isn't dead yet :P

Silellak

Cipher
ghostdog said:

Wow...Fox Hound...Metal Gear...Outer Heaven...I'm starting to think Kojima just sucks at coming up with new names.

Anyway, great LP, keep it coming!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom