Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's chew licorice and kick orc ass in Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny SD

Tigranes

Arcane
I knew it would be the end when I praised our competency. NotAGolfer

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I knew it would be the end when I praised our competency. NotAGolfer

No, it isn't.
Just hold your horses, this isn't abandoned. Life's simply busy atm, sorry.

Then again I could just stop being lazy and update the next part at least.
Will do that tomorrow.
:shittydog:

edit:
Fuck it, I can as well start today.
Won't finish the update today though, that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Spiderbite

Last time on LCLaKOAiRoA-BoD:
Last time we finally dug up the pirate treasure from those nasty Daspota guys. It was a bit disappointing though, just some money we don't need and an armor we can't use. And some potions, but not much else. Well, at least we gained valuable experience from this little adventure...
Except for Azira, she decided to play dead early so she didn't have to carry home the loot. Wymynz, tststs. Because of that she also missed out on the huge XP gain from finding the treasure and is now about five to six thousand XP behind (or 100 to 120 in inflation-adjusted counting ^^).
After we got back to areas not inhabited by cutthroats that want us dead Azira got resurrected in a Travia temple, and then we crossed over to the island of Hjalland to crush that cult the scholar in Varnhome mentioned. Remember, we still want her map that leads to the orc-slaying sword that we need to ... well, slay some orcs so the others run away I guess? We'll think about that part when we have the sword.
JoKa isn't overly confident that we are ready to start that quest though, after all we are planning on fighting the servants of a god. A measly map for pissing off a god. Why on Dere did we even agree to that deal? Is it that being "heroic" makes you stupid or something? Questions upon questions.
Anyway, after they arrived in Ljasdahl, the only town worth the name on the island of Hjalland, the party decides to postpone the cult extermination and follow one of the other clues they got. Didn't that scholar in Varnhome also mention a sailor girl who lives in Skjal? Skjal isn't that far away, let's go there! :shittydog:

Wrong turn

Since we are still on Hjalland we definitely need a ship passage to get to Skjal. Sorry, JoKa.

vpYWQsQ.jpg

Unfortunately there is no direct route from Ljasdahl to Skjal so we have to make a stop in Ottarje, the next town in that direction on the land side. We'll try to catch a ship to Skjal there.

4oNb6bd.jpg

After another short and uneventful passage we arrive in Ottarje. This is just an intermediate stop, nothing to see here.

Pf2sjIo.jpg

The inn's a tavern of course. ^^
And I prefer going by ship too.
But unfortunately there are no ships to Skjal in harbor. And the harbormaster says that there won't be any coming for quite a while.
So either we take the land route or we are stuck here for at least a few days.
The locals mentioned that the overland trip isn't that difficult though so we will just use our feet.

q1nkgIV.jpg

So we stumbled upon a cave of spiders? Yuck, I hate spiders! Let's play pest control and exterminate the hell out of those ugly little bastards.
:timetoburn:

But first we should check our equipment and provisions.

xPlRC7S.jpg

Everybody ready? Good, and this time noone dies. This is an order!

Now where are those ugly, creepy little buggers?

CjctDWw.jpg

Close to 2000 XP? That's enough for the next levelup for everyone except for Azira:

ps7M4Qb.jpg

All three got more agile, translating into easier skill checks in a lot of situations (the game is a bit unbalanced in favor of agility when it comes to skillchecks). On top of that Tigranes is less superstitious now and the other two stooges successfully lowered their claustrophobia.

Now we should search that big room I guess.

hlsbnnq.jpg

Oh look, there's still a square we didn't check in here.

DXH11h2.jpg

Good girl.
I could swear I saw the outlines of a treasure chest over there.
And indeed, there it is.

GMvcuXg.jpg

CHPLpn4.jpg

2565 XP for one guy and a bunch of insects? Nice! :)
Yeah, I know, spiders are not actually insects.

So now we beat the end boss I guess. Let's see if we can find his lieutenant(s) too.

HLi39FZ.jpg

Seems like that trapdoor brought us right into the inner sanctum of this cult. They seriously need to reconsider their dungeon layout. Then again I won't let any of them live so it doesn't really matter anymore. :cool:

GGFVAoI.jpg

This is the stairway back to the first level. We will explore the rest of this one first before using it though.

NpQKyRA.jpg

An hour of "travel"? Something is off with this translation I suppose...
But this isn't all, there's more fun to be had on this level.
:australia:

TuxHjgL.jpg

:0-13:

But no reason to freak out! Kalin will fix this, he's a renowned healer after all, or so he says...

NwA1rzN.jpg

Attaboy!
Damn, this is just some elaborate trap, at least there doesn't seem to be a way to open this chest.
We better get out of of this roo...

What's the password?

7tXHCZf.jpg

Wait, so you're saying that in a heptagram there isn't even a fixed starting vertice so this was too convenient and therefore lame? Right. You must be real fun at parties.

Anyway, we're back in that room with the "art piece", the trapdoor and that other voice that asked us some riddle.
We should try to solve that one and see where that teleports us to.

Je1Avxf.jpg

:deadtroll:
This is pointless. And to add insult to injury Kalin can't even heal her this time. That bullshit about the last healing attempt being too recent. At least she isn't losing health, this sort of poison seems to turn her into a statue instead.
Hopefully it's just temporary.

Now we should really get out of here, and this time without teleporting around.

ZZIlsxK.jpg

Well done, folks!
:prosper:
For now we're done here, back to the first level.

jVBlsjf.jpg

I wonder what these crystals that we found inside those meatbags (don't ask) are for?
We should keep them just in case, even though they aren't magical.

ERrVf7u.jpg

There don't seem to be any more crystal spiders around. So far we found four crystals, three inside spiders and one in a chest. But what are we supposed to do with them? No time to think about that now though, there are more cultists waiting for us.

hhXRRQD.jpg

Tigranes, you're a machine!
And a cheater, but who cares.
:M

x7S2rtm.jpg

Back at the spider altar:

w7SJWm1.jpg

That felt liberating. :)
Now let's leave this stinkin' hole and get back on the road to Skjal.
But first we definitely need to burn the spider's nest, can't let these hairy little monsters recover from this.

htP09NN.jpg

Fast forward to Skjal:

A few hours after leaving the spider cult cave we arrive in Skjal. Remember, for some reason after visiting a dungeon the game skips the rest of the route which is a great shortcut if you don't want them to travel the whole distance.
Of course the first thing we do in Skjal is selling all the loot we found. Besides the poison we also found a magical spear and two (non-magical) Praios amulets.
The four crystals would have unlocked that trapped chest with two magical headbands in it, both charged with a limited amount of Armatrutz (increasing armor resistance) spells. We missed that, but there is better headwear to be found for our two warlocks.

We should see if we can find that sailor girl... Let's try the harbor.

Lx3lmDT.jpg

Too bad, she isn't here. And we didn't meet her or anybody who knows her in the two local taverns either.
Seems like we're out of luck. Well, I guess she's busy sailing around and stuff, maybe we will find her in another port.
Now I'm curious how much that poison nets us:

UAUcg55.jpg

There is no armor merchant but there's a blacksmith (green square on the map), and since we should probably wait for one of the next ships anyway we can as well let him repair the toadskins in the meantime.

I6E8ioF.jpg

Six hours? What is there to do here that takes six hours? ...

pDoqSjP.jpg

What did you expect? This is a small town, and in small towns this is pretty much all you can do for fun.

uj68Xhf.jpg

With both armors repaired it's time to check if any new ships have arrived. I think we just take the first one available.

KfzJyGC.jpg

Another uneventful sea journey later we arrive in Runinshaven on the small island Runin.

3zG21gW.jpg

So one really small village and a lighthouse that will probably look like that Hjalland Farm?
This looks like a peaceful place. Vacation time!
:positive:

First we should pay the local tavern a visit.
And then we can make a trip to that lighthouse. I bet the view is just marvelous.
:bounce:

gT6qHMD.jpg

Time for some sexy spreadsheets.

vguDPsM.jpg

Oops, I forgot JoKa's skill section:

i53oHKf.jpg

And yes, Azira finally leveled up too. I think it was after opening some random treasure chest in the spider cave.
I'll spare you the magic skills this time. Suffice to say that JoKa and Kalin still suck at nearly everything magic-related.

So the locals in Runinshaven said that true adventurers take the direct path across the island, right?
We'll do that. Next time.

Poison bottle counter: 12

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
I will continue this, but not right now I'm afraid.
A RL project is taking up most of my time, and will keep doing so for the next 2 weeks or so.
... No, it's not a bunker.

So I won't do much more than shitpost in that time, sorry. Because there is always enough time to shitpost.
Will try to go back to weekly updates after that though.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Moar is less so ... :M

Then again I still have the files necessary to pick this up.
My shitposting spree is over anyway (I strongly suggest to stay away from GD and politics, it's not good for your mental health ^^) so I can just as well carry on with this thread.
If I do I won't put that much effort into trying to be funny or correct grammar anymore though, I did invest way too much time into every single update post, which became a bit of a pita.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom